All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America
101 South El Paso St, El Paso, TX, 79901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Room is not nice
Been there for one night Very good No problems
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"Quick stay"
I really loved how the hotel was walking distance to the convention center as well as the downtown night life. It was a beautiful hotel on the outside and in the entrance, but the rooms could use a lot of updating.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
"Old & should be forgotten"
We had a 4 night stay; two friends & 8 yr old grandson. Not a nice extended stay hotel. There was no frig or microwave until housecleaning made notice & brought unit/s in. We were told to not mention the amenity as they may get in trouble for making our stay more comfortable. We also booked online, which cost us any benefits for booking a deluxe room on executive floor. The Hotel should have simply booked us on common floor & not restricted the amenities offered to other guest on our floor. We felt like 2nd rate guests for booking on line. CRH knew we had an eight year old for 4 nights stay & still stuck us in a small room on 8th floor with no outlets for devices, restricted benefits for being on that floor and well, everyone pays an additional for parking. Could have been luxury but the place is too old & does not cater to tourism visitors.
4 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Wasn't what I expected"
From Expedias photos and the description- I thought I would be arriving at an old world but clean hotel. We arrived late as we were traveling. The man at the desk saw we were traveling with a handicapped person and reluctantly offered us the bell cart- but no help!! The room was clean enough, but the beds were old and soft. The bar is awesome and the stained glass on the ceiling of the bar is beautiful. Same issue at checkout- having to deal with our own bags while staff was standing around. Not a great impression.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Christy
The hotel was ok. Bathroom's floor looked dirty. Everything looked dirty. Ancient TV. Not everything should be historic!
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Old creepy hotel"
We had to wait 2 hours for our room. They didn't have the reservation. No type of apology for the inconvenience, just an "oh well" from the manager.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Danny
"Downtown El Paso Adventure"
Hotel was great, although I should have paid closer attention to other hotel booking sites. I ended up paying $30 more had I canceled and re-booked. Cie la vie... Downtown area is a mix of cool and deserted buildings. I felt safe walking around but it was a very eerie environment
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
The hotel has a great history and is a very interesting place to stay. However, for a business traveler, the Wi-Fi in the hotel still does not seem to have enough bandwidth or strength to handle normal business traffic. I rely on my hotels having the connectivity I need so that I can make up for the fact that I am out of the office. I could not do that at Camino Real and I will probably use another hotel next visit to El Paso.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Downtown El Paso"
Great for film festival visit
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
william
I would date this place a 4 star,the place was nice.room was clean,the resturant was extremely expensive, no complementary coffee,,a 5 star rating is over doing it.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
The rooms are outdated and dingy. Restaurant serves almost entirely Mexican food. Prostitutes left calling cards wedged in the elevator. I ended up moving to the Doubletree a couple blocks over and would recommend that instead.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"So good and so bad."
Stayed on Executive level. Service promised there was not evident. Continental breakfast and coffee service is next to non-existent. Otherwise, fine but not worth the extra expense. Don't ever eat at the hotel. Hard to believe the ownership has so little regard for operating a hotel, especially if attempting to harvest profits with little investment.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Jack
Excellent
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Adrian
"BATES MOTEL"
Work desk no outlet broken dinning chair. To charge my phone I had to unplug a lamp. Charge guest to park. Coffee pot had to be moved no outlet. If you want to remember the 1970's this is the place. Otherwise AVOID THIS PLACE!!! I'd rather stay @ the Bates motel
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Downtown history"
This is a once grand old city center hotel that has lost its city center buzz. Downtown El Paso is a bit of a ghost town these days, and the hotel felt every quiet and underutilized. However the rooms are very spacious and clean if a bit spartan. We enjoyed drinks in the bar with its spectacular stained glass dome. The wifi was good and my son enjoyed the open air pool. Personally, I always go for quirky independent hotel rather than a boring chain when I can.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Sean
"Nice for a weekend stay"
Overall nice and clean but restaurant was hot and uncomfortable to eat. Food could also be a little better.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Yvonne
"My favorite hotel"
Love this Hotel, is close to everything and the rooms are very good, the bathrooms need a little work, we have been staying in this hotel since 2010 and we love it.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Jose
Hotel was a bit outdated but the accommodations were comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Suzanne
"Amazing Hotel, Bar, and Restaurant"
When I stay the night in El Paso, I always stay at the Camino Real. It is comfortable, quaint, and very reasonable. The staff is very professional and always aim to provide the most comfortable hotel stay. The Dome Bar is perfect for a pianist or a solo acoustic guitarist. It's not accommodating for a seven-piece R-n-B/Rock-n-Roll/Arena-rock band. It was so unbearably loud in the Dome Bar that the friends who met me there and I had to hold our conversations outside near the fountain. The person who books the talent and bands in the Dome Bar definitely need to reconsider the environment they wish to create. It doesn't make sense to have this beautiful, stone (i.e. ECHO-y) bar dominated by off-key covers of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero." My friends and I had to take our business elsewhere because of the deafening noise. The set-up for the Dome Bar simply does not allow for plugged-in bands.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
"Outdated hotel. Horrible service."
The staff was rude. They made us feel like we're more of an inconvenience than guests. They wanted to charge us $75 for taking wedding pictures on the stair case. which used to be free Or at least should be since we were guests. Not impressed with this hotel.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"It's a 100+ year old hotel, and it shows."
Facility is 100 years old plus, and the way its run is like from 100 years ago. I was checked into a room that was occupied and it took plenty of time for them to finally give me a new room. Once in the new room mattress was so worn I needed a lader to climb out of the hole, TV volume did not work, 1/2 the channels were snow, the free wi-fi is free because it does not work....time to invest in this hotel, I will return after they sink millions into upgrading the facility, there are plenty of more modern choices such as the Double Tree around the corner.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
The hotel was an older style facility. We booked four rooms - one deluxe with double beds and three executive level with king beds. Two of the executive level rooms were mini suites with ample space; the other ended up being a small room with a double bed. This was disappointing for this couple. The executive level included access to an executive lounge for a continental breakfast & happy hour. This breakfast was lacking - boxed cereal, fruit & pastries only. I cannot speak for the happy hour. This was not worth the additional $100 per room we paid. The rooms did not have refrigerators and the televisions were not high quality. We went to Walmart & purchased Styrofoam coolers for the rooms so we could keep our beverages cool. The elevators were quick which was a surprise. Overall, we would probably stay here again for the proximity to the El Paso Convention Center; however, the hotel could benefit from some modernization.
5 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2015
Jeffrey
Only good in pictures.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Visited Scenic drive, white sands(NM). Good location to visit them.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"An El Camino Real night"
Having enjoyed a stay at the Hotel Paseo del Norte (former name of today's Hotel Camino Real) about 25 years ago, I was so pleased to see that the beauty and historic character of the facility had remained. Although we had to switch rooms because of an unkept bathroom, we were pleased to be offered a room with even more historic charm on the 9th floor -- antique wardrobe, old tile floors, arched and shuttered windows. Only one word of warning: If you order a margarita in the Camino's Tiffany-domed bar, be sure the barmaid give you the tequila brand options. Without knowing, ours were made with the highly expensive El Patron brand. Three marg's = $43!!!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Old hugh hotel near the boarder. Needs an update. Very cool common areas. In a rundown area of downtown but felt safe.
2 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"not again"
The stay wasn't the best. No breakfast like promised.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
enrique
"Must do"
Very good hotel,the service was remarkable,the cleanliness was fantastic, the restaurant within the hotel was exceptional and the overall stay was superb.
3 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Howard
"Pretty disappointing."
The room was plenty big enough. The bed was comfortable. However, the sink was clogged, and when it filled hair started to come from the drain. This was obviously pretty gross. They came and fixed it, but it seems that would be something that should've been discovered prior to giving the room to a guest. Also, I arrived at 2:30, check-in wasn't until 3:00, I had no problem waiting, but when I approached the front desk and said I was checking in, I got a look from the woman at the desk like I was annoying her and she told me there was a line. There wasn't a line, but there were several people sitting on some couches over in the lobby. I guess I was supposed to figure this out on my own and not bother her. I think I will find a different place to stay next time. Especially considering it was over $100 a night, no way was it worth that.
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
""Historic"Code for old and dirty?"
First off the service was horrible. We waited to be checked in for nearly 15 minutes. There was one out of four people actually checking people in, while the other 3 were lost in conversation. The hotel smelled horrible, like mildew with just a touch of sewage. There were exactly 2 water temperatures cold and scathing hot. The room was cleaned poorly. The entire hotel needs some major renovations. The only thing I liked about the Hotel was the proximity to the Civic Center.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Very overpriced. Rooms were hot a/c not working very well. Bathroom tub old and outdated. Could have used refurbishing. Restaurant had poor service and lousy food.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Everything we needed for our trip."
Checkin was fast and easy . Our room was nice and clean. Within walking distance to several attractions from the baseball stadium to the downtown street fest. The bar in the hotel was beautiful and had live music. I would recommend this hotel .
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Angela
The desk clark did not know how to talk to peoples. The room was clean and I like the location.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Frederick
This was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Terry
I arrived into town earlier than expected. Brianna at the hotel desk was fantastic in helping me get a room before the 3pm check-in time. The room was a little old fashioned. The only extra outlets that were not being used were in the bathroom so that was a bit of a pain. The TV was a "fat back" which is old but still worked fine. The air conditioner knobs were of the old days. My room was set on hi but never really got as cold as I am used to. I was on the 13th floor in a corner room so the view was exceptional. The location of the hotel is great. It is right across the street from the baseball field, convention center, museums ect. There are a few fast food places within walking distance of the hotel. Overall the location is what sold me on the decision to stay here. I would stay here again if I ever find myself going to El Paso again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"Grand days have long gone!"
Was once a landmark and gorgeous but they are letting it go to %#€£
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Very old hotel and slow staff."
It was not good. The first room the toilet was broken then they moved us to a downgraded room where the air condition broke on the second day. They did not comp me on anything. The food in the cafe downstairs was not very good. The staff was good except at the front desk. Not very understandable on my inconvenience.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Ryan
"Raw sewage leaking"
We booked a double room and upon checking in, the clerk even asked me if I needed 2 beds. I told him I did. He put us in a room with one bed. We were checking in at 11:00pm and were exhausted and after hauling our bags up to the 15th floor, we had to go back to the clerk and tell him that we needed a room with two beds. He moved us to a room that had a toilet that was leaking all over the floor as well as water from the room above leaking down onto the toilet. Raw sewage was leaking out of the pipes and standing in puddles in the parking garage. Seems like the health department would make them fix this! Overall, the hotel was disgusting.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Terrible."
This is a huge hotel with a large number of rooms available and yet the front desk would not let me check in early. Housekeeping had not made up my room by 8:00 p.m. my first day and the front desk got rude with me when I complained. I had to catch an early flight out Sunday morning and was told by the front desk the night before that their first shuttle bus to the airport departs at 5:00 a.m. When I got down to the lobby at 4:45 Sunday morning there was no shuttle bus ready to depart and no one behind the front desk. A desk clerk finally appeared around 5:15 a.m. and told me no shuttle drivers were available to take me to the airport. I had to call a cab myself which got me to the airport too late to catch my flight.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Ken
"Worst customer service ever !!"
Well my wife and I decided we'd get away for a one night stay at El Camino Real. We purchased booked the room through Expedia, which is considered a third party. Now our room wasn't bad except for, 1. We requested a King Size bed. They gave us a queen. 2. The toilet was leaking water. We Called room service and they quickly responded. The next morning I explained to the front desk manager the situation . To make a long and crummy story short . The customer service was horrible .. Basically what the FDM said we insane.. she embarrassed us after offering a breakfast meal for free (but with limitations) other food we could order.. I am completely unsatisfied with the customer service El Camino provided.. my wife and I left before we were able to order.. never ever again will we ever stay there.....
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Rogelio
"Excited for First Time Stay but Dissapointed"
We came in from the Phoenix area for a family gathering and wanted to stay in downtown or the West side. We have stayed at several area hotels over the years but this was our first time at the Camino Real. The first thing we observed was the long line at the check-in desk. Considering most hotel stays are pre-book, the influx of customers shouldn't be a surprised to the hotel. It took us approximately 30 to 35 minutes to check-in to the hotel even some of the other guests standing behind us in line made comments of how long it was taking and how the hotel should of have more staff. Another observation was the parking garage, the old rusty pipes were leaking a brown-yellowish liquid which covered our white SUV. Not knowing what the fluid was or if it was going to be damaging to the paint job, we went to get the car wash. In addition to be travelers we are also business people, one of the amenities we look for in a hotel when we travel is Wi-Fi coverage. We are not opposed to paying for it if it's a reliable service;however, your hotel advertised Wi-Fi in all the rooms which it was very unstable and very slow which led to many interruptions in service. This was troublesome since in today's market place Wi-Fi is a mandatory necessity. We understand that the hotel is older and has a lot of charm and character; however, some updating is needed especially charging 100+ dollars per night like the bathrooms, TV, Decor and Bed Size.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"nice old hotel-staff"
Staff was uniformed and numerous people provided invalid.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
mark
"Employees were not helpful, actually rude."
Theron's were dirty, the TV was from 2005 The room needed painting It was freezing in my room the thermoset did not work We asked easy questions such as places to go nobody j Knew nothing! You could only go 2 miles around the hotel for the shuttle I will tell everyone do not go there
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
mary
"Needs a little updating"
I was in a Junior Suite and the room was huge, but the TV only received 3 channels (not HD). The A/C couldn't keep the room cool even though it was set to 60 degrees with the fan on high!!!!
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015
Jerry
"Comfortable place"
Ghost town at night!!!
2 night trip Jun 2, 2015
jorge
"Nice location central to downtown area"
Bath towels were not replaced by cleaning personnel; three calls to housekeeping went unanswered. Continental breakfast in dining area was not available by 9:00 on a Sunday morning -- coffee, juices, everything was gone and never refreshed; dirty dishes were stacked on tables around the room. Personal medication with "street value" was missing from my room and hotel security did not follow up with a response to my complaint.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Ginnny
"Nice downtown hotel"
The Camino Real was a very good hotel. Right across from the convention center and the ballpark. Needs to update tv's and cable in rooms
3 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"We were there for the bowling tournament."
Right across the street from the bowling tournament we needed to be at. Easy, friendly check in. Great rate on expedia. Parking underneath, so we didn't have to move the car at all. Places to eat within walking distance. Shopping down the street. Easy, quick check out.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Andrea
Only had air conditioning and no heat. Don't like the temp in the 60's. Room needed painting. Ran out of bathroom tissue and facial tissue. Room cost more than it was worth.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Ok hotel needs better wifi"
Overall ok hotel not impressed. Wifi is not good at all.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015