All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America

Poor vibe
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"So disappointing"
The Camino Real is a historic hotel with a gorgeous entrance, lobby, and dining area. That makes it so much more disappointing to have staff who are unprofessional, room amenities that are absurdly lacking (really? ONE coffee packet?), and filthy, outdated bathrooms. The floors were disgusting. There was mildew on the shower (clorox would do the trick). It is so unfortunate that the new ownership is not investing in what could be THE hotel in the city. The views are amazing and the location is perfect...I hope this review and others prompts the management to scale it up a bit. Can't they invest in a couple of coffee pots in the lobby for those staying?
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Disappointed
"Don't Stay Here, Go To The Doubletree"
We booked the hotel because it was cheaper for the area, pictures made it look a lot better than what it actually was. After staying there for4days it was obvious that they don't keep up with it. Between my friends and i we had 5 rooms, and each was different. My room reaked of mold, the others reaked of smoke, one had cockroach issues. Don't always believe the pictures on the hotel, the lobby and bar were nice but everything was not what you would expect after seeing the lobby. Rooms had old tv's two rooms didn't have working tv's. Overall, if you had to stay I. el paso for whatever reason I'd stay elsewhere, the double tree was very nice and its cheaper.
4 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
"Historic hotel, missing some modern amenities"
It's an historic hotel you there are a few things to be aware of here. First, there aren't any lamps with outlets on them or very many accessible outlets to plug in your devices. Second, the HVAC is a pretty dated system through it kept the room cool and I have no complaints about temps in the room. The TV was old, 4:3 and with an analog cable input, so there was not any HD channels available witch no matter how old the hotel, this is something that sorely needs addressing. Now the historic part of this hotel that's is really well maintained is the lobby and Dome Bar. This is where this hotel shines. It's just beautiful. In fact, the Dome Bar is one of the top bars in the country according to GQ Magazine (undated, but it was at some time). The location downtown isn't too bad, and the Plaza Theater is right across the street.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2015
"Does not stands to its brand of Camino Real"
I paid extra for and "Executive" room, where the rooms have been (supposedly) remodeled, well, they only change the TV for a flat screen, but rooms are old and beat up, carpet old and smelly. In this executive floor, they have an executive lounge, where they serve snacks and wine from 6 to 7 or something like that...I went to that room around 10:00 pm to take a private call, and believe it or not, the food was still there, cheese, bite size sandwiches, wine glasses on the tables, garbage, etc...I wounder how many days that food stays there for new guests to consume it the following days...This Hotel is a complete shame for CAMINO REAL Hotels...does not stands to the high level of Camino Real's in Mexico.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
Marcelo
"No such thing as a quick shower"
There was almost no water pressure in the shower. A loud dripping noise from the bathroom sink and a bathroom in desperate need of an update. Broken tiles. Bed was comfy, room was spacious.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
"Great people old outdated hotel"
Had to change rooms as there were little round black thing in the bed. Old stained sheets, tube TV, poor internet and outdated rooms. The bar was pretty cool though, great music and the food looked good ( I never ate but the person next to me at the lounge had a burger.) Staff however very very nice, changed my room without hesitation.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Old style grand hotel/ needs updates"
Nice old grand hotel; rooms are large & quiet. Sunday brunch was very good. Hotel is huge; a bit ghost-townish. Free underground parking/ free wi-fi. Bathroom needs modernizing but functional/ plenty of hot water. Good A/C. TVs are poor quality. Bar had live band on weekends /super loud; reasonably priced drinks. Non heated pool.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2015
Hair in both beds upon arrival! Also on day leaving I have them a 6:00 am wake up and they woke me at 5:30 am and told them to wake me at 6:00 am and the young man said ok! No wake up call but luckily I woke up 30 minutes late or I would have missed my flight home. Food was good and hotel was historic and nice looking! I tried to call hotels.com to complain but apparently your company doesn't want to be bothered as I could not get in contact with you. Thus I have to dice you low marks in this regard. Any incentive you can provide to keep my business and lessen the stress caused would be appreciated.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!"
This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. And I've stayed at some dives. The hotel looks great from the outside and is a very historic place. The dome bar makes for a cool setting to have a couple drinks. Upon entering the place, you can tell it is outdated. It has some charm just by the architecture, but the rest is horrendous. The hallways stink, and then the rooms...TERRIBLE!!! I was about knocked over by the moldy meldewy smell from the carpet that is 30 years old. The windows don't open, so it's hot as can be. The bathroom is from the 80's with tile and grout cracking and missing. NO water pressure in the sink or shower. The TV's are from the 80's. Overall, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! There are much better places for the money!!! I'm an honest guy, with not that high of expectations, but they didn't even meet one of them. TERRIBLE!!
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
SCOTT
"Saved by Brunch"
This was a quick get away for us and we wanted a place where everything was centrally located so that we didn't have to drive. I had only visited the Camino Real previously for events in the ballroom which is beautiful, so natuarally my expectation of the hotel rooms was high. I was decidedly under-whelmed. Everything needs updating. The beds and mattresses are old and squeaky. The TVs need updating and the window coverings were old and broken. The best item in the room was the armoire/tv cabinet. The bathroom only had lights over the sink so the bathroom was in partial darkness. There is definitely need and room for improvement. The best part of our stay was the La Huerta Cafe. They had decent dinner and drinks but the highlight of our weekend was the Bottomless Mimosa Brunch on Sunday. It is indeed a hidden gem! I loved it!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Carolyn
"Nice historic hotel. but......"
Really old fixtures and everything else. Restaurant OK. Bar nice Not very friendly staff. TV was from the 1980's at best. OK if you get a cheap room. Don't over pay.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
The hotel was nice, but old, and needs a little renovation. It is conveniently located to the university and hospitals. I would stay there again, the price was right, and the service was excellent.l
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Old outdated hotel"
Old outdated hotel. Bathroom walls were peeling off. 15+years old TV set. Old pillows. Parking is $6/day. Staff was very nice
4 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
"Great Business Class Hotel"
Great business class hotel with nice restaurants. Was allowed early check-in. Friendly staff.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Business trip"
It's a great place to stay. Could use a tv upgrade. The service is great though and the views are really nice.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay but don't eat there!"
I can't understand why this hotel has such poor food? Not even the mixed drinks could be drank! I might stay there again but I'd definitely eat at one of the local restaurants. I did and food was great!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"Partying in my city"
The only complaint I had was the wifi was terrible. Other than that, it was the perfect girl to stay in for my 21st birthday!
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"Horrible Experience"
This hotel came highly recommended, when we got there we had no menus in the room to order anything. We ended up asking the front desk and it took someone about 20 min to get to our room to drop one off. We ended up going downstairs to the dome bar, which was really beautiful but the food service down there was just as horrible. My wife went back to take a shower and the shower water was cold, she had to call someone up twice to fix it. We only stayed two nights but the morning we woke up to leave we woke up to a roach on the curtains of the window. We called management they came up and made note of it, we are not people to complain but even after everything that we had called about all weekend, not one person offered to accommodate us in anyway. The day we checked out the girl at the front not only was rude but she just handed us our bill at full price and sent us on our way.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Alexander
"I guess is OK for an Old Hotel"
My first time at this hotel, the staff were ok, they don't go the extra mile for the customer, the room needs a lot improvement, is like dated nothing new, feels like an old motel 8 that is about to go out of business, there is a charge for parking but there is nobody at the gate. What's the point to paid for parking???? the carpet in the hotel is like the original when first time open, old and smell, that create a big problem with my allergies and sinus, well the pool is not heated and the Gym needs new equipment. Anyway I think is an OK for the price, the hotel might be a 2 start or maybe one. I will not stay there anymore, only if extreme necesary.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
JS
I really enjoyed my stay, as always. The door was broken I believe, but other than that it was a great stay!!
4 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"not worth it"
I enjoyed the location and atmosphere, I did not enjoy the old tv's and horrible furniture
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Adrian
Had a very wonderful time. The Hotel was a refreshing place to stay!
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Johnny
"Ok"
Coulduse some updates and painting.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Very cool histic hotel in El Paso"
The hotel is gorgeous-very old, historic place where they've left a lot of the older fixtures, etc. Clean and nice, HOWEVER, a band played 'til after 12 loudly enough to rattle our windows and the desk staff was super-rude. Made us wait for a rollaway 'til 11 pm. for a child and were sullen. Had to call 4 times over a 2-hour period!!
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"i'd stay somewhere else"
The only good thing about this place was the location. There was an event happening when i arrived and so there was no valet, no parking at hotel, or on the street. had to drive two blocks away and pay 10 dollars and wait until after 1030 when the even ended to then move my car back to hotel. that bathroom was a joke and looked like it had started to be remodeled and then they decided against it and just painted. there was ONE working elevator for the whole building. The TV was older that it still had a tube and half the channels didn't work. Spend a little more and go to double tree thats a few blocks away.
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Tyler
This was my 2nd stay here at as usual it was perfect ..... the only downfall was the music on Saturday night was a little to loud but I stayed on the 15th floor so it really didn't bother me I would highly recommend this hotel to others !!!
2 night trip Aug 21, 2015
"Classic comfortable stay"
Very quiet room and comfortable bed. Great place to get a good night's rest. Minor maintenance issues, but very nice overall.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Leon
Been there for one night Very good No problems
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"Quick stay"
I really loved how the hotel was walking distance to the convention center as well as the downtown night life. It was a beautiful hotel on the outside and in the entrance, but the rooms could use a lot of updating.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
"Old & should be forgotten"
We had a 4 night stay; two friends & 8 yr old grandson. Not a nice extended stay hotel. There was no frig or microwave until housecleaning made notice & brought unit/s in. We were told to not mention the amenity as they may get in trouble for making our stay more comfortable. We also booked online, which cost us any benefits for booking a deluxe room on executive floor. The Hotel should have simply booked us on common floor & not restricted the amenities offered to other guest on our floor. We felt like 2nd rate guests for booking on line. CRH knew we had an eight year old for 4 nights stay & still stuck us in a small room on 8th floor with no outlets for devices, restricted benefits for being on that floor and well, everyone pays an additional for parking. Could have been luxury but the place is too old & does not cater to tourism visitors.
4 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Wasn't what I expected"
From Expedias photos and the description- I thought I would be arriving at an old world but clean hotel. We arrived late as we were traveling. The man at the desk saw we were traveling with a handicapped person and reluctantly offered us the bell cart- but no help!! The room was clean enough, but the beds were old and soft. The bar is awesome and the stained glass on the ceiling of the bar is beautiful. Same issue at checkout- having to deal with our own bags while staff was standing around. Not a great impression.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Christy
The hotel was ok. Bathroom's floor looked dirty. Everything looked dirty. Ancient TV. Not everything should be historic!
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Old creepy hotel"
We had to wait 2 hours for our room. They didn't have the reservation. No type of apology for the inconvenience, just an "oh well" from the manager.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Danny
"Downtown El Paso Adventure"
Hotel was great, although I should have paid closer attention to other hotel booking sites. I ended up paying $30 more had I canceled and re-booked. Cie la vie... Downtown area is a mix of cool and deserted buildings. I felt safe walking around but it was a very eerie environment
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
The hotel has a great history and is a very interesting place to stay. However, for a business traveler, the Wi-Fi in the hotel still does not seem to have enough bandwidth or strength to handle normal business traffic. I rely on my hotels having the connectivity I need so that I can make up for the fact that I am out of the office. I could not do that at Camino Real and I will probably use another hotel next visit to El Paso.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Downtown El Paso"
Great for film festival visit
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
william
I would date this place a 4 star,the place was nice.room was clean,the resturant was extremely expensive, no complementary coffee,,a 5 star rating is over doing it.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
The rooms are outdated and dingy. Restaurant serves almost entirely Mexican food. Prostitutes left calling cards wedged in the elevator. I ended up moving to the Doubletree a couple blocks over and would recommend that instead.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"So good and so bad."
Stayed on Executive level. Service promised there was not evident. Continental breakfast and coffee service is next to non-existent. Otherwise, fine but not worth the extra expense. Don't ever eat at the hotel. Hard to believe the ownership has so little regard for operating a hotel, especially if attempting to harvest profits with little investment.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Jack
Excellent
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Adrian
"BATES MOTEL"
Work desk no outlet broken dinning chair. To charge my phone I had to unplug a lamp. Charge guest to park. Coffee pot had to be moved no outlet. If you want to remember the 1970's this is the place. Otherwise AVOID THIS PLACE!!! I'd rather stay @ the Bates motel
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Downtown history"
This is a once grand old city center hotel that has lost its city center buzz. Downtown El Paso is a bit of a ghost town these days, and the hotel felt every quiet and underutilized. However the rooms are very spacious and clean if a bit spartan. We enjoyed drinks in the bar with its spectacular stained glass dome. The wifi was good and my son enjoyed the open air pool. Personally, I always go for quirky independent hotel rather than a boring chain when I can.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Sean
"Nice for a weekend stay"
Overall nice and clean but restaurant was hot and uncomfortable to eat. Food could also be a little better.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Yvonne
"My favorite hotel"
Love this Hotel, is close to everything and the rooms are very good, the bathrooms need a little work, we have been staying in this hotel since 2010 and we love it.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Jose
Hotel was a bit outdated but the accommodations were comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Suzanne
"Amazing Hotel, Bar, and Restaurant"
When I stay the night in El Paso, I always stay at the Camino Real. It is comfortable, quaint, and very reasonable. The staff is very professional and always aim to provide the most comfortable hotel stay. The Dome Bar is perfect for a pianist or a solo acoustic guitarist. It's not accommodating for a seven-piece R-n-B/Rock-n-Roll/Arena-rock band. It was so unbearably loud in the Dome Bar that the friends who met me there and I had to hold our conversations outside near the fountain. The person who books the talent and bands in the Dome Bar definitely need to reconsider the environment they wish to create. It doesn't make sense to have this beautiful, stone (i.e. ECHO-y) bar dominated by off-key covers of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero." My friends and I had to take our business elsewhere because of the deafening noise. The set-up for the Dome Bar simply does not allow for plugged-in bands.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
"Outdated hotel. Horrible service."
The staff was rude. They made us feel like we're more of an inconvenience than guests. They wanted to charge us $75 for taking wedding pictures on the stair case. which used to be free Or at least should be since we were guests. Not impressed with this hotel.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"It's a 100+ year old hotel, and it shows."
Facility is 100 years old plus, and the way its run is like from 100 years ago. I was checked into a room that was occupied and it took plenty of time for them to finally give me a new room. Once in the new room mattress was so worn I needed a lader to climb out of the hole, TV volume did not work, 1/2 the channels were snow, the free wi-fi is free because it does not work....time to invest in this hotel, I will return after they sink millions into upgrading the facility, there are plenty of more modern choices such as the Double Tree around the corner.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
The hotel was an older style facility. We booked four rooms - one deluxe with double beds and three executive level with king beds. Two of the executive level rooms were mini suites with ample space; the other ended up being a small room with a double bed. This was disappointing for this couple. The executive level included access to an executive lounge for a continental breakfast & happy hour. This breakfast was lacking - boxed cereal, fruit & pastries only. I cannot speak for the happy hour. This was not worth the additional $100 per room we paid. The rooms did not have refrigerators and the televisions were not high quality. We went to Walmart & purchased Styrofoam coolers for the rooms so we could keep our beverages cool. The elevators were quick which was a surprise. Overall, we would probably stay here again for the proximity to the El Paso Convention Center; however, the hotel could benefit from some modernization.
5 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2015