All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
425 N Cherry St, Winston-Salem, NC, 27101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"central location for W-S destinations"
Downtown location. Seems very secure and safe. Staff very good. Room very good. Hotel restaurant breakfast very good. Only concern was what appears to be vacant buildings downtown but no immediate threats observed.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"breath of fresh air"
Everyone and I mean everyone was great at this hotel from the time I pulled up to the time I pulled off from the hotel. The staff was awesome, the beds were comfortable. I have to travel to winston-salem multiple times so I will be staying at this location from now on.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Relaxing getaway"
Great room and I could walk to my.destination.Staff was very nice and personable.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Our second stay at this hotel. Request for early check-in was accommodated without problems. Nice facilities. Friendly staff. Convenient location
Other trip May 17, 2014
I would definitely go back, very clean hotel, people were so nice and the bed was so comfortable!!
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Whitney
"Great Place Great Location"
Everything is pretty great here. the renovated restaurant is better. the breakfast is reasonable and very good. if i had any complaint it was that housekeeping seemed to be reminded to clean my room. not sure what was up with that. But overall, a great place.
5 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"5 star"
Five star all the way. Next time I'm in town I know where I'm staying.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2014
"conference"
hotel was great, surrounding area not so good. downtown lot of rebuilding and empty buildings. parking (valet) is the only way to go or you will be spending a lot of money if you us public parking, you will have to pay every time you want to use your vehicle. reserved king size bed but had to settle for 2 queen size not good when it's only you and your wife
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
NJG
"Great location, but under renovation"
The location of this Marriot was great for walking in downtown Winston-Salem. Our room was clean, spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The front desk and other staff we encountered were all friendly. The one issue was that the hotel is being renovated, so hallways smelled of paint, and we got woken up early on Saturday morning(before 8 is early on a Saturday!) by loud banging construction noises. Otherwise a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
"Bed"
Everything else was fine, but the bed in my room was slanted.
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Kathy Re
No included breakfast was dissappointing
2 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
"Did not disappoint"
Regardless of the construction in the hotel restaurant, this Mariott did not disappoint. The staff was amazing, including a very quick delivery after a call to the front desk, first class service in the restaurant, and amazing front desk help.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2014
Kindermaestra
"Soccer tourney"
We stayed here for a soccer tournament for our son. Staff was very friendly and helpful in every possible way. The bed was very comfortable and room was very nice and clean! Will defiantly stay here again!
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"Under Construction/Rude Front Desk/Awesome Food"
Front desk personal was most rude I've ever encountered and I have traveled the world! Early morning construction in room above mine caused me to check out 4 hours earlier then I had plan. The other hotel staff were very kind and polite, especially the security guards who allowed my daughter to swim an extra hour after closing the pool! The food at WS Prime was the saving grace of the hotel. There servers were very well informed of the menu and extremely personal with both the adults and toddlers in my party! I will go to WS Prime again but will forgo the stay at the Marriot!
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Katie
"never again"
My daughter and I drvoe from maryland, and paid extra to stay at a reputable hotel. I was awoken by by daughter saying there was a bug in her bed. Long story short, it was a cockroach. Disgusting and unacceptable.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2013
Great location. didn't like having to pay to park. Great Sunday Brunch.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Terry
I have stayed in several Marriotts and found this one to live up to my expectations! Great choice! Skywalk to the Embassy [Starbucks] and parking garage were definitely a plus.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
A. Brewer
"Fabulous hotel with superb service!!"
I traveled to Winston-Salem, NC to visit with my boyfriend, and chose the Winston-Salem Marriott because it was close to him. It is nestled in the center of town, so it is walking-distance to many restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Everyone who worked at this hotel went out of their way to be accomodating and, because of that, their customer service is beyond reproach!! The room was gorgeous, immaculate, and everything worked fine from the refridgerator to the air-conditioner. My room was on the 16th floor, so their was a view of the city. I was thrilled with the pillowtop, king-bed; it was comfortable, had plenty of pillows, and a comforter. The pictures look just like the room. The only thing would mention for others' infortation is that there is a charge for parking per night; however, it is valet so you never need to go too far from or to your car in order to get to or from the hotel lobby. I loved my stay & plan to stay there on my next trip to Winston. I recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to be pampered, as it is not a "value" hotel~ it is absolutely a "luxury" hotel... and it is fabulous!!
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Traci
"Always reliable"
Great hotel, great service. Air conditioning in the room could not keep up with the temps.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Excellent hotel in downtown Winston Salem"
This hotel is very elegant, well decorated and comfortable. The staff is excellent.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Will Stay Again"
This hotel is clean and convenient. The staff, for the most part, is very helpful and nice. Upon check in, I couldn't remember if the reservation was in my name or my friend's name, and the front desk attendant appeared to be annoyed that I gave him my name first. However, other than that everything was pleasant. In addition, I accidentally left my ipad in the room and they found it and mailed it to me overnight, for which I was very grateful. So overall, I would definitely stay again!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Jennifer B.
"enjoyed myself"
Staff was great and very helpful! The other eating places that I enjoyed were just around the corner!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Marriott isn't what she used to be"
I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Winston-Salem Marriott. Appearances can be deceiving. The rooms were dirty, the pillows were worn out, the halls were loud into the night and was in a very seedy part of town. I would not return to this hotel if they reduced their overpriced rooms by 90%. Sorry, usually love Marriott, but this was not good.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Don
"peaceful"
stay was quiet and peaceful even though there were several large groups staying there as well.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
Christopher
"in the middle of downtown"
The parking situation was rather confusing at first. But next time, we'll know exactly where to park. The room was very deluxe. The hotel was lavish. My wife and I had a wondrous time
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Andre
"Wonderful weekend"
Very busy weekend for the area with university graduations but the hotel pulled it off in fine style. Clean comfortable rooms and beds were very comfortable. Great location to visit the downtown pubs, restaurants, and stores.
3 night trip May 18, 2013
Great, nice experience, very nice hotel, clean and comfortable
Other trip May 19, 2013
"Noisey"
Pretty upon entrance. Valet staff friendly, desk staff friendly. Room was NOISEY! Weird screeching sounds from the bathroom, and noise from adjacent room. Possibly plumbing issue? Did not sleep well, even though bed was comfortable.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Jan
The beds were very comfortable. Rooms just o.k. Very bad light in the bathroom, and had to have maintenance work on getting us hot water 2 nights! The corridor from the elevators to our rooms was freezijng for the 3 nights we were there. Menu prices high, compared to the neighborhood restaurants. Coffee in the rooms horrible. Valet service very efficient.
3 night trip Apr 18, 2013
"Wonderful accomodations"
In todays cookie cutter world of hotels and motels this one stands by itself. The room was elegently done. The staff from the parking lavet, then front desk personnel and room service staff was just super! The dining room was beautiful. the food was superb. A close distance to the nightlife downtown topped our evening! Thank you Winston-Salem marriott for a very enjoyable interlude while taking care of a business matter.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
"great location and amenities..."
My family stayed overnight at the Marriott to attend "The Color Run" the following day. Once we checked in, we had a very nice meal at the holel then the kids enjoyed a couple hours in the indoor pool. The location was perfect and within walking distance to other restaurants options. We got a great rate on Hotels.com .... looking forward to another trip in the near future!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2013
"Great hotel for family or business!"
Outstanding staff, very comfortable which is the reason I choose Marriott. After being on road all day I can get up and do it again thanks to the comfortable beds.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Mona
"It was "ok""
We stayed for the CCN Cheerleading competition on the weekend of March 8th. The hotel itself was beautiful. We had a great view, the food at Prime WS was amazing and although there was a great deal of atheletes (VT Basketball, NC Baseball, and a Cheerleading competition across the street at the convention center), it was generally quiet and we enjoyed our surroundings. However, I booked a 2 Queen bed room for myself and my 2 children and ended up with a King size bed.. it was enough room for the 3 of us but my 6 yr old is a wild sleeper which is why we asked for 2 beds so it wasn't as pleasant of a stay. The hotel was very clean, the valet and concierge were extremely friendly and made the stay enjoyable and easier on a single parent for the weekend. We were also very close to some great restaurants so the convenience of this hotel will bring me back...and I hope next year we get the 2 beds I will ask for.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Vanessa L.
"I only splurged for the marriott because ..."
Valets awesome, Front Desk staff poor. When I checked in, I asked where the hot tub was because I needed it for a serious back condition. I was informed that they did not have a hot tub but guests could use the hot tub across the street. I walked across the skywalk into the other hotel and my room key would not give me access. I walked back to the Marriott and downstairs to the lobby and they said I had to go to the other hotels lobby to get a key. I told the Marriot Front Desk that they should have told me this 30 -45 min ago. They seemed not to care. A person in 9/10 back pain does care, not to mention it is cold in a swim suit and towel to walk around 2 hotels and multiple floors! Other things wrong- hot and cold in shower was reversed to the sign and the ice maker did not work on floor 7.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2012

"Excellent Staff and Service!"
True Southern Hospitality combined with impeccable efficiency by a delightful staff made for a pleasant stay. Our room was small but comfortable with plush bedding. Bathrooms could use updating, toilets are extremely low, which can be difficult for those of us getting up there in years. Coffee maker is set up in room but has to be relocated to be plugged in, another minor inconvenience, but a pain if you are in a hurry. Only Styrofoam cups available for coffee which is a turn off for me, but convenient if you want to take it with you. The cleanliness of the room was exceptional and the beds were cozy and comfortable. The hotel has a lovely complimentary coffee station in the lobby which was a special treat on our way out.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
"Under Construction"
Hotel is currently under going renovations and as such, parts of hotel are closed or temporary, paint fumes in hallways, construction happening (during the day) and VOD system not working. Nice looking room, but lumpy mattress.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
J Weaver
"W-S Marriott Doesn't Disappoint"
We had a great stay at the Winston-Salem Marriott. The front desk was so accommodating - I had reserved the wrong day and it was taken care of without hesitation, questioning, or hassle. The room was nice and the bed was oh-so comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Back in Winston"
I really enjoyed my stay. The location is great and can not believe what they have done to downtown since my days at Wake Forest in '02. My only complaint is both times I came back to my room I was confronted with 2 men giving me a warning on the noise. The second time my wife was merely ordering a pizza. I hope there is some common sense in the future when answering these noise complaints because this tainted an otherwise amazing trip.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013