All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad amenities
"Convenient location; nice hotel"
Quick overnight visit. Everything was great.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"good downtown hotel"
wonderful. everything i expected.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
david
"Valet is a joke"
Valet is a joke, they had my car pinned in to where we could not even access it after we called prior to coming downstairs. Plus it was raining and cold and we sat there for more then 15 minutes! Finally we just decided to walk because they had parked our car and then blocked it it! Are you kidding me?? Then the girl at the front desk was completely rude and not friendly at all. Those are the people that should be going out of their way for the guest. Bad experience and not worth the money we spent!
Response by Winston-Salem Marriott
CharleeAnn - Thank you for your feedback and terribly sorry for the poor experience with our valet team. I will review with them and work on ways to be more astute and responsive to our guests. We hope you give us another chance in the future when your travels bring you to Winston Salem. Thank you for being our guest. Jim
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
CharleeAnn
"One night stay"
Could not get the heart to go off, restaurant was not good at all.
Response by Winston-Salem Marriott
Thank you for being our guest and posting your feedback on Expedia. I apologize that the heat did not work properly and your restaurant experience in Graze was not exceptional. We would hope that you would return and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the new year. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us while in Winston Salem. All the best.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
jay
Awesome location and great staff! If you're going to be downtown WS this is the place.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Julian
"Special care by all staff made me feel special."
Staff go out of their way to be sure you are having a nice stay. You feel you are really their special guest. Restaurant and bar were nice and wait staff very good. Breakfast was what I experienced and one can order from menu or a wonderful buffet with omelet bar was open until11:00 am which was great since I needed to sleep in.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Char
Great Experience! Loved this hotel, did not want to leave.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"review"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was good! Pool out of order. Ice machine on my floor out of order. Parking card didn't work twice-including the morning of departure which meant leaving it illegally and going back into hotel. Small detail, but annoying. Hot apple cider & Moravian cookies nice touch. I will return.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great downtown location."
Very courteous staff all the way around. Nice accommodations with updated room decor.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great conference"
I was able to checkin early. Staff was friendly and hotel was convient to the conference I attended Event Only complaint was hot water in shower came slowly then went cold after 5 minutes.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
mike
Great locale. Nice clean professional hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great place needs great service"
Getting extra towels took an hour. Seriously? And getting a few extra packets of creamer for the in room coffee was impossible. We called and asked service staff in the hall---NO cream. That's pretty ridiculous. I will return to that hotel if I am in the area, but stop at the store for supplies before doing so. There were great restaurants and a cool indie movie house right around the corner. The front desk staff was courteous and knowledgeable.
Response by Winston-Salem Marriott
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to post your review. I Am sorry it took so long to deliver towels. Our standard to respond to all guest requests is 15minutes. No need to stop by store on way to hotel for creamer, simply dial zero and we will fulfill your request. Look forward to seeing you again and know we can do a better job serving you in the future. Thank you, Jim Keller General Manager
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"The worst accommodations I've ever encounter"
Do yourself a favor do not stay here. The rooms are filthy the furniture is super old and the staff is ignorant. My husband and I were surprised since this was a marriott brand.
Response by Winston-Salem Marriott
Thank you for staying with us and apologize that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide and are extremely disappointed when we do not exceed expectations. Our staff is what sets us apart and sorry you found us ignorant. It was not our intention to make you feel that way. We hope you return and give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
LJ
Great hotel, very convinient location and with all the facilities you may need.
Response by Winston-Salem Marriott
Thank you for staying with us and glad you enjoyed the very vibrant areas of dowtown Winston Salem all within a short walk of the Marriott's front door. So glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff. Regards Jim Keller General Manager
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great exp."
Loved the hotel ... we stay there every year and are never disappointed.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Mizz Dee
"sleepless night"
Overall everything was very good except the air conditioning. When we arrived, the room was 74 degrees and felt warm. When we went out to dinner, we told the front desk about the issue and asked if someone could take care of the situation. When we returned a few hours later, it was still very warm. The temperature never dropped below 74 degrees. We were tired and tried to sleep in the warm room and not be bothered by workers trying to fix it so we let it go. But we had a sleepness night as a result. So whether it was a mechanical issue or a follow through issue with the staff, we were not happy with our stay because of this issue.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
L. Cochran
"Winston Salem stay"
Hospitable staff. Good, clean rooms with all the amenities needed. We had a good stay.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great stay!!"
Friendly staff hotel was very nice I would stay again any time very clean rooms I felt at home
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Passing by"
Great place, clean rooms, nice dining area with plenty of choices.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Nick Papageorge
"In the heart of downtown Winston Salem"
Central location in walking distance to restaurants and art district
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Randolph
Was almost double charged.paid expedia , but was asked for form of payment at checkin. Got that worked out. Then disgruntled employee made comment upon passing me, definately for me to hear, $&@! Dis #&$@. Okay, what? Not a good stay for us. Oh yes, light casing fell out into swimming pool. Thought it best to get the kids on out. Not the Marriott I thought it would be.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Very accommodating, in great location"
When we pulled up on the motorcycles, the parking attendant went ahead and offered us spots right out front. We could see the bikes from our room and there was someone out front all night. This alone was worth the stay, but customer service was great the whole time and the room was very nice. Won't stay anywhere else in WS.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Esther
We needed a hotel to stay on our way back from the US Open. Hotel cleanliness was great and we experienced excellent service. Parking is valet or you may use the public parking lot directly across the street; parking is reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others; and would consider for future trips.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Courteney
"Prime location and a quality hotel"
Good hotel in a prime location in Winston-Salem. Not the best Marriott I have ever stayed in, but not lacking either. Service was good, staff was good and you can't beat the location.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"central location for W-S destinations"
Downtown location. Seems very secure and safe. Staff very good. Room very good. Hotel restaurant breakfast very good. Only concern was what appears to be vacant buildings downtown but no immediate threats observed.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"breath of fresh air"
Everyone and I mean everyone was great at this hotel from the time I pulled up to the time I pulled off from the hotel. The staff was awesome, the beds were comfortable. I have to travel to winston-salem multiple times so I will be staying at this location from now on.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Relaxing getaway"
Great room and I could walk to my.destination.Staff was very nice and personable.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Our second stay at this hotel. Request for early check-in was accommodated without problems. Nice facilities. Friendly staff. Convenient location
Other trip May 17, 2014
I would definitely go back, very clean hotel, people were so nice and the bed was so comfortable!!
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Whitney
"Great Place Great Location"
Everything is pretty great here. the renovated restaurant is better. the breakfast is reasonable and very good. if i had any complaint it was that housekeeping seemed to be reminded to clean my room. not sure what was up with that. But overall, a great place.
5 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"5 star"
Five star all the way. Next time I'm in town I know where I'm staying.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2014
"conference"
hotel was great, surrounding area not so good. downtown lot of rebuilding and empty buildings. parking (valet) is the only way to go or you will be spending a lot of money if you us public parking, you will have to pay every time you want to use your vehicle. reserved king size bed but had to settle for 2 queen size not good when it's only you and your wife
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
NJG
"Great location, but under renovation"
The location of this Marriot was great for walking in downtown Winston-Salem. Our room was clean, spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The front desk and other staff we encountered were all friendly. The one issue was that the hotel is being renovated, so hallways smelled of paint, and we got woken up early on Saturday morning(before 8 is early on a Saturday!) by loud banging construction noises. Otherwise a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
"Bed"
Everything else was fine, but the bed in my room was slanted.
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Kathy Re
No included breakfast was dissappointing
2 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
"Did not disappoint"
Regardless of the construction in the hotel restaurant, this Mariott did not disappoint. The staff was amazing, including a very quick delivery after a call to the front desk, first class service in the restaurant, and amazing front desk help.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2014
Kindermaestra
"Soccer tourney"
We stayed here for a soccer tournament for our son. Staff was very friendly and helpful in every possible way. The bed was very comfortable and room was very nice and clean! Will defiantly stay here again!
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"Under Construction/Rude Front Desk/Awesome Food"
Front desk personal was most rude I've ever encountered and I have traveled the world! Early morning construction in room above mine caused me to check out 4 hours earlier then I had plan. The other hotel staff were very kind and polite, especially the security guards who allowed my daughter to swim an extra hour after closing the pool! The food at WS Prime was the saving grace of the hotel. There servers were very well informed of the menu and extremely personal with both the adults and toddlers in my party! I will go to WS Prime again but will forgo the stay at the Marriot!
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Katie
"never again"
My daughter and I drvoe from maryland, and paid extra to stay at a reputable hotel. I was awoken by by daughter saying there was a bug in her bed. Long story short, it was a cockroach. Disgusting and unacceptable.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2013
Great location. didn't like having to pay to park. Great Sunday Brunch.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Terry
I have stayed in several Marriotts and found this one to live up to my expectations! Great choice! Skywalk to the Embassy [Starbucks] and parking garage were definitely a plus.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
A. Brewer
"Fabulous hotel with superb service!!"
I traveled to Winston-Salem, NC to visit with my boyfriend, and chose the Winston-Salem Marriott because it was close to him. It is nestled in the center of town, so it is walking-distance to many restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Everyone who worked at this hotel went out of their way to be accomodating and, because of that, their customer service is beyond reproach!! The room was gorgeous, immaculate, and everything worked fine from the refridgerator to the air-conditioner. My room was on the 16th floor, so their was a view of the city. I was thrilled with the pillowtop, king-bed; it was comfortable, had plenty of pillows, and a comforter. The pictures look just like the room. The only thing would mention for others' infortation is that there is a charge for parking per night; however, it is valet so you never need to go too far from or to your car in order to get to or from the hotel lobby. I loved my stay & plan to stay there on my next trip to Winston. I recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to be pampered, as it is not a "value" hotel~ it is absolutely a "luxury" hotel... and it is fabulous!!
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Traci
"Always reliable"
Great hotel, great service. Air conditioning in the room could not keep up with the temps.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Excellent hotel in downtown Winston Salem"
This hotel is very elegant, well decorated and comfortable. The staff is excellent.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Will Stay Again"
This hotel is clean and convenient. The staff, for the most part, is very helpful and nice. Upon check in, I couldn't remember if the reservation was in my name or my friend's name, and the front desk attendant appeared to be annoyed that I gave him my name first. However, other than that everything was pleasant. In addition, I accidentally left my ipad in the room and they found it and mailed it to me overnight, for which I was very grateful. So overall, I would definitely stay again!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Jennifer B.
"enjoyed myself"
Staff was great and very helpful! The other eating places that I enjoyed were just around the corner!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Marriott isn't what she used to be"
I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Winston-Salem Marriott. Appearances can be deceiving. The rooms were dirty, the pillows were worn out, the halls were loud into the night and was in a very seedy part of town. I would not return to this hotel if they reduced their overpriced rooms by 90%. Sorry, usually love Marriott, but this was not good.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Don
"peaceful"
stay was quiet and peaceful even though there were several large groups staying there as well.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
Christopher
"in the middle of downtown"
The parking situation was rather confusing at first. But next time, we'll know exactly where to park. The room was very deluxe. The hotel was lavish. My wife and I had a wondrous time
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013