All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
515 Madison Street, Seattle, WA, 98104, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

• Bar
    Standard bar
    Room is all right
    Comfortable
    Bad internet service
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Not the best"
Bed was uncomfortable, our room was on 7th floor near freeway and it was noisy.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
The hotel was fine - good location & fairly comfortable. The staff left a lot to be desired. I made a reservation for 4 people in a deluxe room, with 2 double beds. We got there early & checked our bags before heading out to sightsee. At that time I requested a roll away. When we returned that evening found they had put all 4 of us in a room with one king sized bed! I reminded them the reservation was for 4 people and was informed that a roll away won't fit in a room with 2 beds.... Seems like the clerk should have told me that when I requested the roll away, since the reservation clearly showed the room was for 4. It took about 15 minutes to dig up another room for us. It took another 10 minutes for them to tell us they couldn't find our bags and bring us back to the storage area to find them ourselves. All in all was deeply unimpressed with the level of service.
Other trip May 25, 2015
lynne
It was great. Just as expected. Parking lot was full forxed to use valet service. Thank you
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Okay stay- not as expected"
Rooms and fitness facility were nice, but wireless did not work, toilet was broken, and I had half empty bottles of toiletries in my room both days. There was also a lot of loud construction in the area.
2 night business trip May 18, 2015
Kasey
"Nice hotel, close to many attractions"
We enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance. This was our second visit and we will be back. My only suggestion would be to make the check-in process faster or increase the staff at the front desk. Both visits required waiting in line for longer than expected.
Other trip May 19, 2015
kristin
"Wonderful Weekend in a Beautiful City"
All very wonderful, had dinner at Maxwell's, food & service were great . . . would stay again next time we are in town!
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"hotel stay"
Outstanding hotel. Very comfortable rooms and friendly staff. my breakfasts and dinners were fantastic. The wait staff was very accommodating. I would go back just for the food!
3 night business trip May 7, 2015
charles
"Perfect location. Great stat"
Perfect location. Easy walk or drive anywhere. Rod were clean. I graded it a 4 for facilities because there was no pool. front desk staff very accommodating. We had a great time.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Bay Area
"Such kind staff!"
Everyone who worked there was friendly but not intrusive. If you wanted to sit and in the lounge with a drink, no one bothered you. If you wanted to chat, they were friendly and talkative. Room was quite nice.
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Ellen
"Very well appointed"
Other than the less than stellar view (of I-5) it was a beautiful stay
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Gregory
Parking pricey and garage is a bit confusing. Beautiful rooms and accommodating staff. Lots of people in line to check in when we arrived. Suprisingly waited a very short time, very efficient staff. Liked the bar didn't get to try the restaurant great room service menu.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"I recommend staying here"
Went in and was immediately greeted and once they found out I was placed on the 5th floor Madison at the front desk was able to upgrade me to the 24th floor corner room for no extra charge. Great service
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
rylan
friendly staff, most helpful- they stored fish and crab in their refrigerator for me so I could take it home! very nice rooms, with clean and fresh decor. Lots of nice , fluffy towels daily. Good location within walking distance to Pike's Place and other attractions.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"great location"
Room was specious and very comfortable. We need a different tea in the morning and the service was very quick to our room.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
too much money
"Beautiful Hotel, but Excessive Charges"
Don't think that the rate you booked your hotel at will be all you pay. Parking there is very expensive, and in-room wifi is too.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Sav
"Beautiful hotel, great location."
We were very impressed with this facility. Our room was bigger and more comfortable than most rooms in the city, and the lounge had great food and service.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"An costly underwhelming experience"
Overpriced for what you get. No free wi-fi, not even a continental breakfast. While I was pleased by the Aveda tolitries in the room, everything else was somewhat sub par. For just slightly more money I could have stayed at a room at the Home Wood suites (Hilton) just a few blocks over where my friends were staying. The staff was not unfriendly but not overly helpful either. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable, but there was one chair in a room with a king bed? I thought it was supposed to be a "deluxe" room. I wouldn't have been so displeased if the price had been about half what it was or their description of the room had been more spot on. I know it was a busy weekend for them (Emerald City Comicon) but they should have been prepared for such. I was underwhelmed by my experience and will not be returning unless price improves, or more is offered.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"A mixed bag"
Hotel staff are very accommodating. They are ready, willing, and able to help no matter what you want. Their ability to deliver on it can be affected by the condition of the hotel. There is a lot of renovation going on, and many floors were closed off. There is not a single vending machine anywhere in the hotel, and the hotel does not have a retail store, although they advertised it in their hotel guide. The bed was too hard for my taste. Room service personnel were very efficient and professional. The area it's in is congested, traffic wise, and if you have a room overlooking the freeway, it's noisy. The redeeming qualities of the hotel are its staff and the cleanliness of the guest rooms. Other than that, I'm not very impressed.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2015
"great hotel, reasonable price"
Stayed here with daughter on a weekend getaway. Very nice. The restaurant even prepared to-go food (not the same as room service) when my daughter wasn't feeling well and had to stay in bed.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Nice place, comfortable lounge/bar"
We stayed for 3 nights as a get away. Although I thought the in room tv signal quality was really bad for that level of hotel (a pet peeve of mine) the hotel was nice and the bar staff was great (specifically Daniel).
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Ian
"Great weekend in Seattle"
We stayed there for a wedding--loved the location--handy to lots of venues, clean, friendly staff; we would stay there again if the need were to arise.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Colleen
"Spacious and convenient"
They accommodated my request for 2 beds. Brought my mother, who had a surgical appt the next day at a nearby hospital. She enjoyed her stay and sleep, and this is not an easy woman to please :) Would've liked to have used their wifi but there was a daily surchage (and no I don't want to sign up as a rewards member), which is unheard of in all my travels here and abroad.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Eva
"Expectations low"
We had requested a playpen and I didn't get one for 45 minute or more. The room we orginally stayed out didn't have the pull out couch like it was listed.
2 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Luis
"Overall great!"
All in all a great stay. Got off to a bad start when my room key kept deactivating. Rather than just keep giving me another card, they could have helped me solve the problem (my phone case has a magnet) but once I finally realized that it was fine. Also, every bartender should have a signature martini they make. I can't stand the answer "I can make whatever you want." My martini was so-so.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2015
"Valentine's Date Night"
Everything about the hotel, staff and our entire stay was wonderful!
Tonya
"Valentines day visit"
The hotel was perfect for us. Easy walk to much of downtown. While the freeway is nearby, we could not hear the traffic.
"Great Getaway"
It was wonderful, bed spoiled used to memory foam.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great Service, Rooms Need Updating"
Service was excellent and staff was very courteous and friendly. The lobby and public spaces were modern and welcoming but the suite we stayed in, with the exception of the bathroom which was new and updated, was very rundown which was quite unexpected for the price paid and the condition of the rest of the hotel which seemed much better. The room was exceptionally clean, but the bedroom door frame was scuffed and dented and there was strange built in seating under all the windows. This seating had drawers underneath and the drawers were in very poor shape, with chipped paint and busted corners and one was broken and the front had fallen off partly so it was just sitting on the floor. Windows were also extremely dirty and streaked and the TVs, wall art, and cushions on the strange window seating all seemed very outdated. The couch in the living area was small and very uncomfortable. The bed however was very comfortable and had nice, new bedding.Food in the restaurant Maxwell's and the bar was ok.
"Convenient Seattle Hotel"
Valet parking needs improvement. I have an oversized vehicle and Renaissance could not accommodate.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Staff was friendly. The entire establishment was clean. The sky lounge area is awesome.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Not sure why this would be 4 star instead of 3."
The air system was annoying. I finally figured out that despite setting the temp up (higher and higher till we reached 80) to shut the cold air off I had to shut off the whole system. The design and décor were pleasant although the artwork and the wall paper in the hallways both seemed dated. In the bathroom, all the grouting and the caulking were spotlessly clean, more so than in any hotel I've ever seen... making me curious if the tile and caulking were all brand new. I loved that. But the towels were worn, almost threadbare, and not very soft. No love. The bed linens were as soft and luxurious as I could expect in a 3 or 4 star hotel. But the mattress was lumpy and saggy. It made me a bit sore after 2 nights. Similarly, there was a lovely plentitude of bedpillows, either 6 or 8 I believe, but several of them were stiff and made my neck hurt. I only found one that was truly comfortable for me. The fridge worked too well, making everything we put into it icy. We never tried the coffee maker but I'm sure it was fine. The design and layout of closet, shelving, etc was very pleasing, but we were surprised not to find a microwave.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Torimac
"okay , no usb outlets ??"
Hotel was okay -- cant remember the last time I was in a hotel that had NO USB outlets though, room was clean, bar was meh.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Vik
"The hotel staff was exceptionally accommodating."
My short business trip to Seattle was even more enjoyable thanks to the wonderful staff and facilities. The rooms were exceptionally well kept and in good shape. I even walked the stairwell and it was clean! This speaks a lot on how the business is run by the condition of areas which are out of sight. The restaurant and bar provided great service, too. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. I plan on staying there again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Bowen
"Beautiful accommodations"
Traveling alone for work. Only 2nd time to Seattle. Everyone from Bellmen to maid service was exceedingly helpful & sincere. Absolutely relaxing after long hours at convention!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Rachel
"Nice hotel, convenient to downtown, stadium"
We always love staying here when we go to Seattle for Seahawks games. The facility is great, but this time there was a major construction project going on adjacent to the hotel, so we awoke Monday morning (MLK holiday) to loud cranes and other machinery outside of our window. It would have been nice to know that was going on, we may have chosen to stay at another hotel so that would sleep in!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Amazing stay."
Excellent service. Prompt response to requests and very friendly staff. Very convenient location. Short distance walk to close by food, pharmacy and pike place. Will definitely return.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Construction work started on Sunday at 8 AM"
We arrived on Saturday for the Seahawks playoff game and everything went well at the hotel until the next morning. The city and game were amazing and we stayed out late, unfortunately the next morning we were woken at 8am to hammering(jack hammer) and workers above our room. I called the front desk and they said it was their policy to start work at 8am on Sundays. They called back about 10 minutes later to say that was not their policy and would have the workers stop. Unfortunately it started again at 8:30 so we checked out at 9 AM tired and cranky. The construction work ruined a good stay at a nice hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Good location just remember it's a long way uphill at the end of a night of drinking. Nice hotel and would stay there again. I stayed here for Seahawks game and it was still within walking distance.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Hidden Charges, Not worth the cost"
The room costs were very high. quality did not match. Leaky shower head, poor TV reception. $41 parking fee. $20+ internet fee.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Better hotels in Seattle for the price..."
New Years Eve we stayed in the city with the kids. This hotel used to be awesome. They removed the rooftop pool due to leaking issues. Bummer number one. Bummer number two, my son was crying as he is only a baby and was not used to being away from his own bed. Kids cry. Thats what they do. The hotel security received a complaint from the neighbors and they took it upon themselves to COME IN OUR ROOM. No knocking no words, they just unlocked the door and came in. Afterwards i asked if we were bothering people could we be moved to a more secluded part of the hotel. I was cut off by the front desk who told me "everything is fine sir", then they hung up on me. On top of that they double charged me for valet. I will never stay here again
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Marriott review"
Beautiful corner room. I was upgraded to a Jr.Suite for no reason which was cool.Room was very clean and check out wasn't until noon so we could sleep in.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
harrison
"Nice Hotel, Staff very poor"
Very nice Hotel, clean rooms but very poor attitude from staff, Everyone pretty much looked at us and treated us as if we were in the wrong place, because of the way we dress and the clothes we wear, being from Alaska we evidently don't meet the "Seattle dress code" I notice this when traveling the states but mostly in Seattle, y'all are pretty stuck up around there, here in Alaska we dress for comfort rather than social acceptance so your average millionaire here may be wearing coveralls rather than a suit and tie so get over yourself Seattle! I wont stay here again, Ill definitely try somewhere else next trip, I give you an F +
3 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
daniel
"Convenient location"
First time at this hotel & we'd return. Nothing special, but convenient to I-5 acess on and off. Professional and pleasant valet and front desk staff. Didn't try the bar or any other facilities on overnight stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Melinda
"Great service, clean, nice staff, rock hard beds"
Good service, okay expense food, the beds are rock hard. That was the kicker for me. And the extra 42.00 a night parking. Besides that the rooms were clean, the hotel is okay, I need a a little face lift in the rooms like cracking tiles. But it's has a safe in the room. Its nice. But the beds where the kicker for me. Horriable.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Seattle trip"
Very nice! I would stay at this hotel again...
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Victor
"Nice comfortable stay"
Hotel staff were professional and prompt during check in. Only stayed for a night during New Years but had a nice time with my group. Everyone thought that the hotel was clean and comfortable. The parking garage was kind of odd but no big deal. You can walk to basically everywhere from this hotel and it feels safe even at night. Overall nice place to stay!
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Savannah
"Quality & Location"
Went to the Seahawk game in Seattle. The hotel was walking distance from the stadium. Staff was excellent! They helped us check in early so we could get into our room before the game.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"wanted to stay more than one night!"
We stayed for one night at the Renaissance and didn't want to leave. the room was spacious with a great view (19th floor). bathroom was modern and well-appointed--i loved the aveda toiletries!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Grace
"Okay but expected more for the price"
Nice looking place, bed was lumpy and hard. Decent walks to our destinations. all in all it was okay but not for the price.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Franto
"hard beds, good service clean rooms"
Okay hotel, beds are hard.... really hard. Parking beware is 42.00 a night. We got charged for parking for 3 nights and we did not have a car. Finally getting off our card but it took a while. A taxi is 5.00 to 6.00 for two people to go any where in this area for great dinning and fun. Parking at any where down town is a extra 18.00 so taxis are the way to go! The food at this, restraunt is over priced and just okay. But lots, of places near that are great!
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014