All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
37 King St E, Toronto, ON, M5C1E9, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

The hotel was undergoing renovations to the front of the building when were visited so upon initial arrival we drove right by it. But, that was the only problem we had on our stay. The inside of the hotel was lovely. The staff was very friendly and helpful! The location is fantastic. It's less than a 5 min walk away from the Hockey Hall of Fame and a local market with the freshest meats, breads, cheeses, and pastries you've ever had! And, no matter what direction you go in there's tons of shopping within a 10 minute walk. I would stay at this hotel agian in a heartbeat. Lovely spot!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Katie
"Great Spring Break 2015 at the Omni King Edward"
My son and I enjoyed the hotel very much. The location is perfect for getting around downtown Toronto. The service was great. The hotel is in a remodeling state but the accomodations are still wonderful. Love having a newly refurbished room.
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Suzanne
"Birthday visit to Toronto"
What great service and attention. Beautiful hotel, desire renovations. We had a renovated suite which was amazing! Great view! Only comment was that while the high tea was lovely, it was pricey.... But again, great service!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
lisa
"Convenient posh toronto feraway"
Beautiful
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
catherine
"Toronto 3.31 - 4.1.15"
The room and hotel was perfect. Thank you!
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
E. Shamus
"Solid hotel"
Quick business trip to Toronto. Location is great, walkable to lots of restaurants, plus relatively easy access to the highways. Room was very comfortable (best pillows I've ever had at a hotel), desk was perfect for getting work done, but at night I could hear what sounded like water running in the pipes through the wall. That was less that great. Other than that, I'd stay here again!
3 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Erin
"Excellent downtown location, service and value"
Our experience was outstanding all around. Very comfortable room for two, with 2 closets and separate rooms for shower and toilet; very prompt and responsive front desk service; and generally classy surroundings and service. But with renovations closing off part of the building as well as the main restaurant, some folks may find that limiting. We did not, as the lounge off the lobby is open and there are plenty of varied and excellent eateries nearby.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Irene
"Comfortable hotel in downtown Toronto"
Nice comfortable room with a large bathroom. The only unfortunate thing was that the hotel was being renovated so there was noise. There were no spots to sit on the ground floor without being bothered by the noise. Quite a bit different from the Royal York, where we had been previously for 5 nights, where there were lots of comfortable spots to lounge on the ground floor if you were meeting someone. However, the hotel location was great and we did have a room away from noise and had an uncovered window so had a nice view of a church. The staff were helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
SDSing
"Superb financial district hotel"
The Omni King Edward is continuing to undergo remodeling with current scaffolding on the exterior. This was immaterial for our party. The corner room we stayed in had been refurbished, was quiet, clean, and comfortable. There are small touches that make the hotel outstanding such as lights in the closet that extinguish when closing the door. There is an in-room safe and coffee maker. The fitness facility is top 10% for hotels with plenty of machines and free weights. The employees were incredibly helpful, making great restaurant recommendations and giving directions. The hotel is exceptionally convenient with access to the subway and The Path within one block.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
T
"Enjoyable stay!"
Great location and facility! We were able to take the street car to all our destinations and enjoyed walking the area! We will definitely return and make this a regular destination when staying in Toronto. We enjoyed a great weekend!
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Very good"
Because of the renovation, the sign is not visible and unless you have been there before, it is hard to find it. Valet parking was the only option and cost additional $50 CD on top of already expensive room. No breakfast unless you order room service. The room was huge and spotlessly clean, but for someone like me who is out all day and only comes in for the night, it was not worth the money.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Comfort at its best"
The room I stayed in had been recently renovated, and I was maybe the second guest to stay. It smelled new (in a good way!). Even if I had been the 200th guest to stay in the room I suspect the level of comfort, service, and cleanliness would have been the same. The property was clean and the elegance of the King Edward was a prevalent feature. I was impressed by the amenities this property offered - the gym was terrific. I will be staying here again and again!
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
We had a great experience. The staff gave excellent service, they were friendly. The rooms were very clean and stylish.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Farrah
"Great downtown location"
The hotel is under construction (as of late March 2015), so first floor restaurant not open, altho evidently there is a makeshift one on the 11th floor (we did not check this out). At night there is a strong smell of chemicals-paint or whatever. There is a bar on the first floor. There is a $15 daily internet fee but they waived it for us, so we really appreciated that. Staff could not be more polite or more helpful. We got a flat tire and the staff was so helpful in getting us set up with CAA (we are members of AAA). Concierge made reservations for us at nearby restaurants he recommended, and restaurant staff took very good care of us. The concierge's instructions on using the streetcar to get around were of great value as well. Rooms are newly remodeled, very modern. We would suggest the addition of an armchair, and a towel bar next to the shower. Minor quibbles, but they are brand new rooms. All in all, the attention to the customers is the hotel's strong suit, and makes for a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
The entrance into the hotel is gorgeous. The rooms were clean and the amenities were exactly as I expected which was great. However, the hotel staff were not helpful when I asked for directions and hotel recommendations for places to eat. They had a bit of an attitude with my boyfriend and I which made the environment rather unfriendly. The $14.95 charge for internet per night was very stupid in my opinion but I know that is rather common. I have stayed in many hotels in Toronto and I would recommend the Soho or Ritz Carlton since I have had nothing but smooth sailing in those places. For the price, I expected a bit more but was somewhat disappointed. Now, with all of that said, the building was amazingly ornate so I would recommend the stay for that mainly and to find dining and entertainment outside of the hotel since it will cost you an arm and a leg through them or they will merely not be helpful.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Emma
"Good location, nicely redone."
A picked this as a guess for Toronto! Clean facilities, nice remodeled rooms, no noise from the street.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Caroline
"Nice hotel, bed, gym."
This was a great hotel. They put in synthetic bedding for me, and the gym was very nice. Very big comfortable room, no complaints
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Ashley
"Wonderful stay"
STaff was great and the room was great my favorite part was the rain shower so i do rec. The hotel toronto is beautiful and it is in the middle of downtown the construction isnt great but i enjoyed my stay
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
corey
Currently under renovation on the outside of the building, so be careful of the scaffolding when entering. Inside impeccable architecture. Room was recently renovated. Modern amenities mixed with the older design is very well done. Super location for outstanding restaurants and shops in the distillery district.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"overcharged"
Excellent stay, no problem with the room but got charged $50 more than hotel.com invoiced.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great 5 star value in Downtown Toronto"
We went to Toronto for a weekend getaway. Very pleased with the ambiance and cleanliness of the King Edward. Close to the Subway and walkable to most of the downtown attractions. Great lobby with some minor construction that was almost negligible. We always feel very safe in Toronto and the King Edward was no exception. We spent a little extra for a room upgrade and were glad we did. Very spacious suite for not much more than a "premier" room. We would definitely stay there again (and we don't normally say that)!!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Harry
"Nice hotel. no tubs tho..."
the hotel was nice. very clean. the staff was extremely helpful with anything we needed. what i didnt like is we had to pay for local calls. there was a weird noise somewhere around the room. sounded like scrapping on the walls or something. there is renovating going on in the hotel during that weekend in February so it may have been that. new renovated rooms doesnt have a tub but the website says it does. the spa is really nice. me and my girlfriend got the couples day together which was really cheap and was really nice and relaxing. id do that again. if not the hotel then at least the spa. hotel is conveniently locally downtown. id stay here again but we like taking baths together.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Wonderful"
Great stay. Loved the place.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Anne
"THE BEST, that is all."
We are new frequent travelers. The best stay we've had anywhere by far. The staff and especially, the Concierge, Vanessa, Shaun and staff, were above and beyond awesome! Loved our driver, Roy, pronounced Roy, LOL, was wonderful, fun and knowledgable. Dave and I will return. Forever indebted to your hospitality, Jeanne
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Jeanne
"Excellent location and staff."
The only downside to our stay was a 2:10 am fire alarm while staying on the 16th floor! The stay was great and your staff was outstanding. I would definitely recommend the hotel and hope to return this summer.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Good location in downtown. Staff ( front desk ) is great. The hotel is under renovation but there is no disturbance.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Spent a very enjoyable night and two days at at the king Edward. Had a nice lunch in the bar and a good breakfast in my room.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Nice Hotel, centrally located"
Very nice hotel. Centrally located in the financial district between the entertainment district and the design/distillery districts. On check we received an upgrade to a newly renovated room.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Very good hotel"
Excellent location and staff
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Love it here!"
Had a great stay! The renovations are amazing. The rooms are large, nicely decorated, and have comfortable beds. Excellent service in the Lobby Bar. Highly recommend!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2015
Awesome hotel. Very nice rooms and staff. Close proximity to everything, easy to walk anywhere. Would definitely recommend.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Great location, large & comfortable room"
A great location on King East just near the St. Lawrence Market, the Distillery District and tons of great restaurants. We chose to park in a lot at the corner of Church & King ($15) rather than pay $40 for the hotel valet parking. The room was large, modern design with great lamps & furniture. Comfy bed and clean overall. The bathroom was spotless with a great shower. We had an incident in the middle of the night with rowdy, noisy neighbors in the room beside us. I called hotel security and they dealt with the issue immediately, firmly and with professionalism. To apologize for the incident (which was obviously not the hotel's fault) they provided us with breakfast vouchers. We go to Toronto often and will definately choose to stay at the King Edward again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
D & D
"Great people and a great hotel!"
This hotel was fantastic! He front staff was great and the concierge were knowledgeable and willing to give many suggestions and offered transportation when we mentioned it. I would absolutely stay here again!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Nice grand old (but just renovated) hotel."
Great location, nice lobby, spacious and recently renovated rooms. The facade and a few floors are under construction, but there was no inconvenience as a result. And a bonus was we got a really nice new room! Ideal location.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Lovely"
Remodeled rooms are very nice. Beds are incredibly comfy and bathrobes are excellent. Concierge left a little to be desired, but overall amazing hotel. Would definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Katherine
"Beautiful hotel and service"
Very friendly staff, most comfortable mattress to sleep on, perfect location downtown. The rooms were just a tad bit smaller than I was expecting, but the beautiful bathroom made up for it. Overall, we absolutely loved our stay!
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Kimberly
I have never experienced such wonderful and prompt help from a front desk as at the Omni- a truly professional lot
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Very convenient to cablecar and subway"
Staff was extremely helpful. Room service food was excellent.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Leesh
"Close to Downtown & Friends."
Very good. Got to use the facilities for friends, family and various clients. Very Comfortable.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"King Edward - once past check-in it's great"
Only problem with this hotel was very slow check in - there was no line up and it took almost 20 minutes to check me in!!! Rooms and service are otherwise excellent - I had an extremely restful stay.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Simon
"It's good to be back at the King Edward!"
As a Starwood Gold Preferred customer, I have stayed at the King Edward in the past and it was my 3rd choice when staying in Toronto. Needless to say, I have not been there since the sale and renovation, so I was quite pleasantly surprised on my recent trip! The check-in staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful and my room was excellent. The amenities were top notch and overall it was a great experience for the three (3) nights that I stayed. As I am in Toronto every month, the new King Edward is now my 1st choice for accommodations and I look forward to my next stay!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Lee
"More than I hoped for"
Sometimes all I want is a quiet room... But robes, Keurig coffee maker, great staff, fun bar, great location... Really? That would be too much to ask for. Lucky me, I got it all!!!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
sue
"Good Hotel but Expensive"
The Omni King Edward Hotel is going through a major renovation. it is clean and friendly, however it is on the expensive side.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Excellent downtown location"
Stayed for two nights to see the sights in Toronto. This was a well-appointed hotel with an excellent location. The subway station was just outside the door and most of our destinations were within a 15 minute walk. Pleasant staff and quiet nights made it a pleasure to stay.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
PW
we had a very pleasant stay and its location is very accessible to markets/Museums and public transportation.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"I love this hotel!!!!"
My wife and I stayed there with our dog Daisy. It was awesome! I was amazed that such a great hotel would be so dog friendly. They even had treats for her when we arrived. It was all great. The room was great and the rooms service was very yummy.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"elegant? or not?"
Although slightly improved during the last year, I still say that this hotel has beautiful physical property but the service is like talking to a computer. There are so many "rules", unless talking to the ultimate manager, and no flexibility in things like check-out times even in most unusual circumstances. If one can get over the service, it is an elegant surrounding.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Susan J.
"Nice hotel downtown Toronto"
The hotel and staff were great. Very large room, great furnishings, stylish, etc. Valet parking is $45 a night, which is steep. There is a parking garage a couple blocks away though.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Overnight for Christmas Party"
Absolutely superb. Everything was as it should be.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
DCH
"Nice hotel but some downsides"
We were in for one night. The staff is very responsive. And the hotel is right in the core of the city. Only negatives is its high prices for additional services. Valet was $45/night. Room service was inflated over usual inflated room service prices. Also if you book through Hotels.com they do not offer their points program (which provides free Internet, shoe-shining etc) , which frankly will deter us from book again when similar hotels do.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014