All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereWrights Lane, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"The best value in London"
Amazing price for the location
1 night trip Mar 23, 2015
Christopher
"great for a quick trip"
Came in for a quick weekend trip, and this hotel was perfect. Great part of town that is quiet enough, and has plenty going on around it. I would suggest this hotel as a good medium price hotel. Nice spa, not a ton of extras in the room but you definitly get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Ryan
"So glad we stayed here"
Great hotel and great location. The tube station is a short walk away and made getting around London very easy. The only downfall is that they charge an outrageous amount for WiFi which is only good for 24 hours.
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Amazing Service"
Amazing Service - I woke up late because of jet-lag, got down for breakfast at 10:15 so by all rights I should have gotten none - kitchen closed. But the hostess (Alda, I believe?) asked the supervisor (very friendly, and incredibly easy on the eyes :), who asked the chef, who was perfectly willing to make me a wonderful breakfast anyway. The room was "Kensington Close", but that is what I signed up for. Bath was great. Concierge was as expected warm, knowledgeable and courteous. I would be happy to bring my family back to the KCH.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"London"
I've stayed here before and will stay again. Not sure it is a "resort" and some rooms are very small but overall a good property at a good price.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Ian
"nice easy stay"
Very easy stay and simple to get around, all went well except for the staff in the lobby that refused to get me a car to go to victoria, they insisted I had to take a cab which I did not want to do.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Mohamed
"Good value for location"
The room was small -- but so are most rooms in the heart of the city that I can afford. The staff was very helpful and tried very hard to please. The carper in the room left a bit to be desired, but the rest of the room was clean. My only real complaint is about the lighting. There was no light above the desk, making it difficult to do any kind of work. Also, I cannot understand how the hotel expects a man to shave with all of the bathroom lighting on the ceiling and far behind the sink and mirror.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Tony
"Great hotel to stay in"
Great hotel to stay in,clean,very will situated from london center,1 minute walking from the tube station(high street kinsington tube station) I really recommended for any one,I would go back again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
A.Abdeen
"A once-good hotel now very poor"
Dreadful stay, with no heating at all in the rooms during one of the coldest weeks of the year. heck-in staff didn't think to mention this until I was already checked-in and paid up. I've stayed at this hotel several times before and the rooms were clean but functional; this time my room was dirty and in very poor condition. They also refused to return my laundry until I went to the front desk and paid for it on the spot. Used to be one of my favourite business hotels in London but very unlikely I'll stay here again; perhaps management has changed but it's now almost comically awful.
3 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Robin
"No heat."
Very disappointed indeed. There was no heat in the hotel and London was very cold last week. I was assured the heat would be back on Monday but it never was.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
STEPHEN
"Good hotel but require some basic guest comfort"
Nice hotel very conveniently located in London. Room was very poor outdated - hair dryer wire very short connected to wall (stopping from theft) so cannot really dry your hair. Same for the kettle to heat water to make coffee. Also noise from elsewhere in the hotel doing refurbishment.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Excellent location in Kennsington"
Walking distance to the tube and bus routes. Updated amenities, helpful and friendly staff. I had the continental breakfast most mornings which was a nice variety of traditional English fair. A place I would recommend to friends.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Sherrybb
"All fur coat"
All fur coat. There was noting Superior about the superior room. The gym will cost you £8.50 which is not very obvious from the website.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Guy
"Great Place"
We had a great time at this hotel. The room was cleaned everyday while we were out. The hotel is located right next to the Circle line which you can use to easily get to all the major tourist attractions. There are a lot of nice restaurants nearby. The staff was really friendly. Given the prices for hotels in London, the value of this place is hard to beat.
4 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Rooms very noisey, everything we requested at reception was done incorrectly on a daily basis
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Fabulous location"
The location of the Kensington Close is wonderful. Close to the Tube, Boots, M&S, Whole Foods, Starbucks and Waterstones. Very convenient. One caveat the staff is not British and does have some problems with English. The concierge told us in the lobby and bar area internet use was free. It was not. It was also down and they didn't even know. I recommend when you talk to the staff to get their name. Their internet was also over priced. The bar area was almost empty. If they had free internet in the bar area they might have more people sitting there ordering food and drink instead of going elsewhere. If you want to check your email go to Waterstones or Starbucks nearby they have free internet. . The room was good. Nice size full bathroom. Cleaning staff was good. The location is the best part of the hotel.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
gap
"Close to everything"
Right from the get go, I'll warn you that the rooms are very small--especially by American standards. Probably would not be the most comfortable if you are traveling with a friend or acquaintance, as opposed to a spouse/partner, or if you are a larger person. Bed is comfortable, but pretty tricky to squeeze around it. Internet is not free; current cost was 9.99 pounds/24 hours. That being said, rooms are clean, bathroom and shower are comfortable. Staff is very nice and helpful. We did not eat bfast in the hotel, but they have a great coffee bar in the lounge. Great access to a variety of restaurants, shops, churches, Whole Foods, movie theatre, and Kensington Palace on High Street Kensington. Tube/Underground station is just a 3 minute walk down the road. Cute tea shop called "The Muffin Man" right across the street from hotel. We would definitely stay here again...but only if the two of us were traveling alone, and not with our kids.
Soccer Mom
"Beware of the type of room you are booking."
I have been to London many times and are perfectly aware that the rooms in the UK are really small compared to what we have in the US, however these rooms are not only small but the whole appearance is depressing and old ( and trust me, not the type of old that we appreciate in Europe) . If you, like I did, book your room through Expedia, be sure that you will get the worst rooms of the house, however there is a trick, if you go to the front desk and complaint about it, they may actually offer you to pay for an upgrade on the new side of the hotel, which happens to be nice and more spacious and with WIFI included. Otherwise, the location of the hotel is great and the lobby area and facade are quite pleasing.
Miguel-Angel
Great location. Lovely hotel. Room was cozy but fully functional. The bathroom was a bit slippery—use the mats!
"Good location with easy access to get around"
Room is quite small for two adults, buffet breakfast was sufficient and plenty of variety. As for business trip, it was a good choice.
LI
"Kensington Close"
This was my 3rd stay at the hotel .I always upgrade my room status. This year in spite of the upgrade, the room was rather small. Other than that, the hotel is completely satisfying. The lobby and public spaces are very modern and tastefully done. The Hotel is in the heart of Kensington with easy access to transportation, shopping, dining and historic places of interest and the room rates are competitive.
6 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Theodore
"High Street Kensington Close Hotel and Spa"
I chose this hotel because of the location and affordable price. I had read mixed reviews, some glowing and some very disappointed. I was very delighted with the hotel. It is a convention hotel. There is a spa, swimming pool, restaurant and ample room to move about. A doorman greets you in full dress and escorts you and your baggage inside. A concierge desk is available and very helpful. My room was small but I had ordered a single room. It was simple, but updated, and the bed was very comfortable. My new state-of-the-art shower leaked out of the side and even with a bath mat in place, I slipped a few times. I am very balanced and athletic so I can imagine how cumbersome it must be for others. It was awkward to use and I did not like the design. Otherwise, I had a very satisfactory stay here. I will happily use this hotel again if I visit London.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Jill
"Great location, clean, safe"
I was very pleased with convenient location and impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Rooms are very small as expected and it was quiet every day except the last day. The walls are thin so you will hear neighbors. Overall, i would recommend if looking for a good deal with a great location.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
belle
"Nice hotel close to the underground."
Very nice hotel close to the underground. Rooms are small but nice and we loved the beds! Very helpful staff. I would definitely recommend.
4 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Carlos
"Quiet and well located hotel."
The staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel is 4 minutes walking distance from High Street Kensigton tube station. I recommend this hotel.
7 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
GUILLERMO
"Kensington close hotel"
Great hotel with great staff. In a shopping neighberhood and very close to subway.
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"Satisfied"
The kensington spa hotel was excellent, just what we expected, a little pricy but very worth it!! Clean and safe neighborhood, extremely close to the tube and just a couple of blocks away from hyde parl! Just what we wanted
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
gioia
Hotel modern and clean. Near a tube station. Close to restaurants and shops
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
cj
"Mysterious Keys"
The hotel is wonderfully well located and I was aware of the small and very basic rooms in advance - this is London! However, while they have a beautifully renovated lobby area they do not seem to have working door keys/locks. They have the swipe system for entry but our lock refused to cooperate for us. We were shown how it worked (at the second time of asking) - the keyless entry card needs to be inserted and withdrawn at light speed and the door handle needs to be pulled toward you at the same time (in addition you need to hold your mouth in a specific facial expression too!)
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Bring your own pillows and prepare to use the stairs.
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great hotel with good location"
Hotel personnel were always very helpful. Always greeted whenever I left or returned. Concierges were very knowledgeable and friendly. Loved the location and surrounding area. Nice stores restaurants and coffee houses in the area. Tube was approximately two blocks away. Would definitely return.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"perfect stay!"
Loved it!! Great location, perfect room.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
alison
the taxi ripped me off, don't use their taxi services call your own cab.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Renovated room vs old room"
Our first night was at room 147 double bed standart room. I visit London very often so I know not to expect much from the hotel rooms especially like the size of the room. The room was terrible and old but worst of all was the bed. I believe even the hostels would not use such an old, squecky beds in their rooms. However, when I mentioned that to the receptionist, she was polite and understanding. She was not surprised at all. Some of the hotel rooms were renovated others not. This room was one of the old ones. Finally, the receptionist kindly told me that she was going to try to change the room next day. Just as she promised, when we came to the hotel next day, our stuff was transferred to room 628 which was small but clean, cozy and renovated. We were very happy and greatfull to the lady at the reception. I can't remember her name exactly but something Marena.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
idris
"Comfortable Room"
Nice place and excellent location. The only thing that is annoying is to pay an extra $15/day for internet.
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
the room was so small you could not even walk. it really should have been used as storage room. deposits in bathroom were so oold and ragged which I can not explain. the bathroom did not even have air ventilator. the end 4 days of my stay they never changed the towels nor the sheets
4 night trip Sep 23, 2014
merzad
"all in all - pretty good"
The good - The location was great, very close to High street kensington tube station and a walking distance from portabelo Market. The staff was extremely nice, and the rooms had very high maintenance, and were very clean and well organized. and the bed was big and very comfortable The bad - the water pressure in the shower was too low, couldn't wash my hair. The maybe - the rooms are very small. it did not bother me, For a traveler I think it is good enough, but it should be noted.
6 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Hotel v. central, easy walkto underground"
The rooms have been refurbished and are much better than previously. The pool and gym have reopened and are nice. The executive rooms are more spacious and have good bathrooms and Molton Brown toiletries. Staff super helpful. Would def recommend.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
nsd
"Very enjoyable stay"
I really enjoyed the walk into London through the park. The hotel itself was always clean and comfortable, and the staff was helpful with getting information about a tour I had purchased prior to my arrival. Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Jody S
Good points: the room was clean and the staff was nice. Bad point: the room was so small we had no space to to open a suitcase except on the bed. The closet was too shallow and there wasn't enough floor space anywhere.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
No wifi be good to have in room and hotel lobby
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Very much enjoyed our stay"
The Kensington Close is a gem within London. We enjoyed our stay very much and the full English breakfast was delicious. The doorman and waitstaff added a nice touch of elegance. Just two suggestions: they should have told us at check-in how to use the wifi, and please have the maid check that the TV wake up timer is turned off - as the TV turned itself on at 6am waking us up the first morning. Other than that, I give Kensington Close a top rating. Very nice hotel!
3 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Lynda
"Nice Place"
Nice place. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Decent breakfast.We were shocked at how small the room was and we even got an upgrade. Safe area. No free WiFi. You can use the business center computer.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very good for the price!"
Excellent value for the money, cannot find a better deal in a better location. Quick walk to the high street kensington tube. Quick walk to beautiful hyde park. There is a gym and spa located on site, but you have to pay 8 pounds a day to use it. Also, the internet is 10 pounds a day to use, which is the major negative for this hotel. Room was OK, carpet looked a little dingy, but otherwise room was totally acceptable. I would stay here again for sure.
2 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2014
Asad
"An Oldie by a Good-Enough Short Stay"
I believe that these hotels need to take a good class in pricing theory and strategy. While I should have gone off-site for breakfast, I made the choice of staying on-site because their restaurant was excellent. My primary annoyance for the way this hotel tries to recoup all their discount pricing by hitting you with ridiculous add-ons. I COULD NOT EVEN USE WIRELESS IN THE LOBBY! THE PRICE OF CONNECTING IN-LOBBY OR ROOM WAS STUPID. IT JUST MADE ME GO DOWN THE STREET TO MCDONALD'S FOR FREE WIFI. Their strategies left me with an unwarranted negative feeling about ever staying there again. It is not that bad for the price. Location convenient; staff good and helpful. k
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
WaveProf
"Nice, but service lacking"
The hotel was closed to the Tube, and a decent shopping area. So getting around London was very easy. However, the service at the hotel was subpar. IDRIS was very helpful, and the guy at the Concierge was as well. The rest of the people stood around while I struggled with lugggage, and acted as if I was an inconvenience. I would have asked to see the manager to report that the service was poor, but I figured I would do better, and just take my business elsewhere in the future. Especially when I noticed it wasn't just me, they were nonchalant towards everyone.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Irileria
"Expect "Close Quarters" at the Kensington Close"
Our room was very small, smaller than a budget cruise ship cabin. The sink in the bathroom was so small that you could not wash-up without flooding the floor. The bathtub/shower has very high sides and is difficult to get into/out of. I am pretty athletic, but fell trying to get out of the slippery tub (ironically the "non-slip" rug slipped out from under me). On a positive note, the air conditioning worked well and the neighborhood is upscale with proximity to good restaurants and shops.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
"This hotel is under-rated!"
This hotel was first class! We loved it. It was close to the tube and the staff was awesome!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice hotel in a great location"
Very good experience. Great location, great neighborhood in a great city.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"A bargain with luxury."
Staff members were very helpful. Facilities modern.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014