All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
Wrights Lane, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great location. Lovely hotel. Room was cozy but fully functional. The bathroom was a bit slippery—use the mats!
"Good location with easy access to get around"
Room is quite small for two adults, buffet breakfast was sufficient and plenty of variety. As for business trip, it was a good choice.
LI
"Kensington Close"
This was my 3rd stay at the hotel .I always upgrade my room status. This year in spite of the upgrade, the room was rather small. Other than that, the hotel is completely satisfying. The lobby and public spaces are very modern and tastefully done. The Hotel is in the heart of Kensington with easy access to transportation, shopping, dining and historic places of interest and the room rates are competitive.
6 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Theodore
"High Street Kensington Close Hotel and Spa"
I chose this hotel because of the location and affordable price. I had read mixed reviews, some glowing and some very disappointed. I was very delighted with the hotel. It is a convention hotel. There is a spa, swimming pool, restaurant and ample room to move about. A doorman greets you in full dress and escorts you and your baggage inside. A concierge desk is available and very helpful. My room was small but I had ordered a single room. It was simple, but updated, and the bed was very comfortable. My new state-of-the-art shower leaked out of the side and even with a bath mat in place, I slipped a few times. I am very balanced and athletic so I can imagine how cumbersome it must be for others. It was awkward to use and I did not like the design. Otherwise, I had a very satisfactory stay here. I will happily use this hotel again if I visit London.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Jill
"Great location, clean, safe"
I was very pleased with convenient location and impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Rooms are very small as expected and it was quiet every day except the last day. The walls are thin so you will hear neighbors. Overall, i would recommend if looking for a good deal with a great location.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
belle
"Nice hotel close to the underground."
Very nice hotel close to the underground. Rooms are small but nice and we loved the beds! Very helpful staff. I would definitely recommend.
4 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Carlos
"Quiet and well located hotel."
The staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel is 4 minutes walking distance from High Street Kensigton tube station. I recommend this hotel.
7 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
GUILLERMO
"Kensington close hotel"
Great hotel with great staff. In a shopping neighberhood and very close to subway.
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"Satisfied"
The kensington spa hotel was excellent, just what we expected, a little pricy but very worth it!! Clean and safe neighborhood, extremely close to the tube and just a couple of blocks away from hyde parl! Just what we wanted
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
gioia
Hotel modern and clean. Near a tube station. Close to restaurants and shops
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
cj
"Mysterious Keys"
The hotel is wonderfully well located and I was aware of the small and very basic rooms in advance - this is London! However, while they have a beautifully renovated lobby area they do not seem to have working door keys/locks. They have the swipe system for entry but our lock refused to cooperate for us. We were shown how it worked (at the second time of asking) - the keyless entry card needs to be inserted and withdrawn at light speed and the door handle needs to be pulled toward you at the same time (in addition you need to hold your mouth in a specific facial expression too!)
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Bring your own pillows and prepare to use the stairs.
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great hotel with good location"
Hotel personnel were always very helpful. Always greeted whenever I left or returned. Concierges were very knowledgeable and friendly. Loved the location and surrounding area. Nice stores restaurants and coffee houses in the area. Tube was approximately two blocks away. Would definitely return.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"perfect stay!"
Loved it!! Great location, perfect room.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
alison
the taxi ripped me off, don't use their taxi services call your own cab.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Renovated room vs old room"
Our first night was at room 147 double bed standart room. I visit London very often so I know not to expect much from the hotel rooms especially like the size of the room. The room was terrible and old but worst of all was the bed. I believe even the hostels would not use such an old, squecky beds in their rooms. However, when I mentioned that to the receptionist, she was polite and understanding. She was not surprised at all. Some of the hotel rooms were renovated others not. This room was one of the old ones. Finally, the receptionist kindly told me that she was going to try to change the room next day. Just as she promised, when we came to the hotel next day, our stuff was transferred to room 628 which was small but clean, cozy and renovated. We were very happy and greatfull to the lady at the reception. I can't remember her name exactly but something Marena.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
idris
"Comfortable Room"
Nice place and excellent location. The only thing that is annoying is to pay an extra $15/day for internet.
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
the room was so small you could not even walk. it really should have been used as storage room. deposits in bathroom were so oold and ragged which I can not explain. the bathroom did not even have air ventilator. the end 4 days of my stay they never changed the towels nor the sheets
4 night trip Sep 23, 2014
merzad
"all in all - pretty good"
The good - The location was great, very close to High street kensington tube station and a walking distance from portabelo Market. The staff was extremely nice, and the rooms had very high maintenance, and were very clean and well organized. and the bed was big and very comfortable The bad - the water pressure in the shower was too low, couldn't wash my hair. The maybe - the rooms are very small. it did not bother me, For a traveler I think it is good enough, but it should be noted.
6 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Hotel v. central, easy walkto underground"
The rooms have been refurbished and are much better than previously. The pool and gym have reopened and are nice. The executive rooms are more spacious and have good bathrooms and Molton Brown toiletries. Staff super helpful. Would def recommend.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
nsd
"Very enjoyable stay"
I really enjoyed the walk into London through the park. The hotel itself was always clean and comfortable, and the staff was helpful with getting information about a tour I had purchased prior to my arrival. Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Jody S
Good points: the room was clean and the staff was nice. Bad point: the room was so small we had no space to to open a suitcase except on the bed. The closet was too shallow and there wasn't enough floor space anywhere.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
No wifi be good to have in room and hotel lobby
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Very much enjoyed our stay"
The Kensington Close is a gem within London. We enjoyed our stay very much and the full English breakfast was delicious. The doorman and waitstaff added a nice touch of elegance. Just two suggestions: they should have told us at check-in how to use the wifi, and please have the maid check that the TV wake up timer is turned off - as the TV turned itself on at 6am waking us up the first morning. Other than that, I give Kensington Close a top rating. Very nice hotel!
3 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Lynda
"Nice Place"
Nice place. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Decent breakfast.We were shocked at how small the room was and we even got an upgrade. Safe area. No free WiFi. You can use the business center computer.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very good for the price!"
Excellent value for the money, cannot find a better deal in a better location. Quick walk to the high street kensington tube. Quick walk to beautiful hyde park. There is a gym and spa located on site, but you have to pay 8 pounds a day to use it. Also, the internet is 10 pounds a day to use, which is the major negative for this hotel. Room was OK, carpet looked a little dingy, but otherwise room was totally acceptable. I would stay here again for sure.
2 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2014
Asad
"An Oldie by a Good-Enough Short Stay"
I believe that these hotels need to take a good class in pricing theory and strategy. While I should have gone off-site for breakfast, I made the choice of staying on-site because their restaurant was excellent. My primary annoyance for the way this hotel tries to recoup all their discount pricing by hitting you with ridiculous add-ons. I COULD NOT EVEN USE WIRELESS IN THE LOBBY! THE PRICE OF CONNECTING IN-LOBBY OR ROOM WAS STUPID. IT JUST MADE ME GO DOWN THE STREET TO MCDONALD'S FOR FREE WIFI. Their strategies left me with an unwarranted negative feeling about ever staying there again. It is not that bad for the price. Location convenient; staff good and helpful. k
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
WaveProf
"Nice, but service lacking"
The hotel was closed to the Tube, and a decent shopping area. So getting around London was very easy. However, the service at the hotel was subpar. IDRIS was very helpful, and the guy at the Concierge was as well. The rest of the people stood around while I struggled with lugggage, and acted as if I was an inconvenience. I would have asked to see the manager to report that the service was poor, but I figured I would do better, and just take my business elsewhere in the future. Especially when I noticed it wasn't just me, they were nonchalant towards everyone.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Irileria
"Expect "Close Quarters" at the Kensington Close"
Our room was very small, smaller than a budget cruise ship cabin. The sink in the bathroom was so small that you could not wash-up without flooding the floor. The bathtub/shower has very high sides and is difficult to get into/out of. I am pretty athletic, but fell trying to get out of the slippery tub (ironically the "non-slip" rug slipped out from under me). On a positive note, the air conditioning worked well and the neighborhood is upscale with proximity to good restaurants and shops.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
"This hotel is under-rated!"
This hotel was first class! We loved it. It was close to the tube and the staff was awesome!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice hotel in a great location"
Very good experience. Great location, great neighborhood in a great city.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"A bargain with luxury."
Staff members were very helpful. Facilities modern.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
The staff was very friendly and the hotel was comfortable.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Bad experience"
Gurgling sound of the water system backing up all night, room dirty, room service cursory at best. $15/day per device for wifi access!! That and the wifi connection was very poor. Never again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Rooms are tiny. Towels are tired. But services were good and you can't beat the location.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
sue
"Small & Convenient"
Pros: proximity to london metro underground, shopping necessities, clean rooms, comfortable bed, very clean/modern bathrooms, great staff. Cons: ultra-tiny room (no convenience bar/refrigerator, only a foot or so around the bed).
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Cory
Great hotel, nice amenities, wifi is £10 a day and the rooms leave a little to be desired
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Better than..."
Better than most hotels for the money. Great neighborhood. Close to Whole Foods HSBC and Hyde park.
4 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
SD
"Great location,"
First night we got a very small room could not move next night they put us in a much better room and we were happy about this move. Love the location and will come back and stay but in bigger room.
4 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Master
"Great Location and comfort"
I had a pleasant stay here recently. The staff was accommodating to my late arrival and offered complimentary wifi. I will definitely consider staying here for my next visit.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Good but without excesses"
Located in a well-established district, close to a tube station. The room is very clean but rather basic for such a price. Perfect bed. Buffet breakfast will not leave you hungry but it's rather expensive and there's not much variety of food. Preferable for business travelers and tourists who seek comfort rather than luxury.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"disappointing"
aweful the first room was just painted and the smell was very strong,the second room the toliet didn't work and when you took a shower water flooded the floor, restaurant was terrible
Other trip May 20, 2014
mum
"Surprisingly good"
With a rating of 3.5 and the reasonable price I paid, I expected much less than I got. The room size was excellent for the area. Hotel staff were very helpful. Neighborhood was very convenient with easy walk to the underground. A good amount of choices for restaurants close by. The McDonalds down the street has free wifi, so less need to pay for it in the hotel. I would stay again.
3 night trip May 10, 2014
rr
"As expected based on reviews"
The stay was pleasant. We didn't really use the facilities that much. We were there for our 10 yr anniversary trip to London and just came every night to sleep. The bed itself was very comfortable. The room size is small compared to other US hotels, but its ok for Europe standards. Location is great as you just walk 3 minutes from Kensington High Street Station. We used tube from Heathrow back and fort with no problem just with a med size bag. The area may be a little expensive for restaurants but they are nice.
3 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Oscar
Terrific hotel. Clean, well appointed room for the price. I'll be back. Only drawback was dicey internet service at times, plus you have to pay extra for it on a daily basis.
5 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"quick stop but unimpressed"
The women at the front desk were rude. They charged me for breakfast and Internet when they acted like it was included on check in. However, can't beat the location.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Small room,however ok for a couple of nights. Great location
4 night trip Mar 8, 2014
P Wilson
"Very convenient!"
Before I book the hotel, I was reading the reviews of the smallest rooms and I got a little concern but when I got there and I saw how great it was, i was happy. Great service, friendly staff, rooms super clean and confortable beds, and the best thing of all right off the tube station and close to everything! I will definetly book this hotel again
2 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Cielo Cortes
"nice remodeling but horrible maintenance"
Have stayed at the Kensington Close on and off for 15 years. The remodeling is coming along nicely and overall the service was very good. Rooms are small, of course, by American standards but you're located in a great neighborhood. My complaint was the tub drainage, which was backing up and reversing even. Two days of bringing this to the attention of the front desk produced zero change. It was disgusting. Their rating fell from a 4.0 to 1.5 for me.
4 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
Friendly and helpful staff; comfortable rooms. Some amenities not well thought out, such as no light by which to shave in the bathroom. There was plenty of light -- but all of it behind me (making it difficult to see). Advertised a Sports bar that is no longer there -- a true shame. Cost charged for Wi-Fi was a bit high -- and the speed a bit slow. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2014