All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
Wrights Lane, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

No wifi be good to have in room and hotel lobby
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Very much enjoyed our stay"
The Kensington Close is a gem within London. We enjoyed our stay very much and the full English breakfast was delicious. The doorman and waitstaff added a nice touch of elegance. Just two suggestions: they should have told us at check-in how to use the wifi, and please have the maid check that the TV wake up timer is turned off - as the TV turned itself on at 6am waking us up the first morning. Other than that, I give Kensington Close a top rating. Very nice hotel!
3 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Lynda
"Nice Place"
Nice place. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Decent breakfast.We were shocked at how small the room was and we even got an upgrade. Safe area. No free WiFi. You can use the business center computer.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very good for the price!"
Excellent value for the money, cannot find a better deal in a better location. Quick walk to the high street kensington tube. Quick walk to beautiful hyde park. There is a gym and spa located on site, but you have to pay 8 pounds a day to use it. Also, the internet is 10 pounds a day to use, which is the major negative for this hotel. Room was OK, carpet looked a little dingy, but otherwise room was totally acceptable. I would stay here again for sure.
2 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2014
Asad
"An Oldie by a Good-Enough Short Stay"
I believe that these hotels need to take a good class in pricing theory and strategy. While I should have gone off-site for breakfast, I made the choice of staying on-site because their restaurant was excellent. My primary annoyance for the way this hotel tries to recoup all their discount pricing by hitting you with ridiculous add-ons. I COULD NOT EVEN USE WIRELESS IN THE LOBBY! THE PRICE OF CONNECTING IN-LOBBY OR ROOM WAS STUPID. IT JUST MADE ME GO DOWN THE STREET TO MCDONALD'S FOR FREE WIFI. Their strategies left me with an unwarranted negative feeling about ever staying there again. It is not that bad for the price. Location convenient; staff good and helpful. k
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
WaveProf
"Nice, but service lacking"
The hotel was closed to the Tube, and a decent shopping area. So getting around London was very easy. However, the service at the hotel was subpar. IDRIS was very helpful, and the guy at the Concierge was as well. The rest of the people stood around while I struggled with lugggage, and acted as if I was an inconvenience. I would have asked to see the manager to report that the service was poor, but I figured I would do better, and just take my business elsewhere in the future. Especially when I noticed it wasn't just me, they were nonchalant towards everyone.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Irileria
"Expect "Close Quarters" at the Kensington Close"
Our room was very small, smaller than a budget cruise ship cabin. The sink in the bathroom was so small that you could not wash-up without flooding the floor. The bathtub/shower has very high sides and is difficult to get into/out of. I am pretty athletic, but fell trying to get out of the slippery tub (ironically the "non-slip" rug slipped out from under me). On a positive note, the air conditioning worked well and the neighborhood is upscale with proximity to good restaurants and shops.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
"This hotel is under-rated!"
This hotel was first class! We loved it. It was close to the tube and the staff was awesome!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice hotel in a great location"
Very good experience. Great location, great neighborhood in a great city.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"A bargain with luxury."
Staff members were very helpful. Facilities modern.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
The staff was very friendly and the hotel was comfortable.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Bad experience"
Gurgling sound of the water system backing up all night, room dirty, room service cursory at best. $15/day per device for wifi access!! That and the wifi connection was very poor. Never again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Rooms are tiny. Towels are tired. But services were good and you can't beat the location.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
sue
"Small & Convenient"
Pros: proximity to london metro underground, shopping necessities, clean rooms, comfortable bed, very clean/modern bathrooms, great staff. Cons: ultra-tiny room (no convenience bar/refrigerator, only a foot or so around the bed).
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Cory
Great hotel, nice amenities, wifi is £10 a day and the rooms leave a little to be desired
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Better than..."
Better than most hotels for the money. Great neighborhood. Close to Whole Foods HSBC and Hyde park.
4 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
SD
"Great location,"
First night we got a very small room could not move next night they put us in a much better room and we were happy about this move. Love the location and will come back and stay but in bigger room.
4 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Master
"Great Location and comfort"
I had a pleasant stay here recently. The staff was accommodating to my late arrival and offered complimentary wifi. I will definitely consider staying here for my next visit.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Good but without excesses"
Located in a well-established district, close to a tube station. The room is very clean but rather basic for such a price. Perfect bed. Buffet breakfast will not leave you hungry but it's rather expensive and there's not much variety of food. Preferable for business travelers and tourists who seek comfort rather than luxury.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"disappointing"
aweful the first room was just painted and the smell was very strong,the second room the toliet didn't work and when you took a shower water flooded the floor, restaurant was terrible
Other trip May 20, 2014
mum
"Surprisingly good"
With a rating of 3.5 and the reasonable price I paid, I expected much less than I got. The room size was excellent for the area. Hotel staff were very helpful. Neighborhood was very convenient with easy walk to the underground. A good amount of choices for restaurants close by. The McDonalds down the street has free wifi, so less need to pay for it in the hotel. I would stay again.
3 night trip May 10, 2014
rr
"As expected based on reviews"
The stay was pleasant. We didn't really use the facilities that much. We were there for our 10 yr anniversary trip to London and just came every night to sleep. The bed itself was very comfortable. The room size is small compared to other US hotels, but its ok for Europe standards. Location is great as you just walk 3 minutes from Kensington High Street Station. We used tube from Heathrow back and fort with no problem just with a med size bag. The area may be a little expensive for restaurants but they are nice.
3 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Oscar
Terrific hotel. Clean, well appointed room for the price. I'll be back. Only drawback was dicey internet service at times, plus you have to pay extra for it on a daily basis.
5 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"quick stop but unimpressed"
The women at the front desk were rude. They charged me for breakfast and Internet when they acted like it was included on check in. However, can't beat the location.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Small room,however ok for a couple of nights. Great location
4 night trip Mar 8, 2014
P Wilson
"Very convenient!"
Before I book the hotel, I was reading the reviews of the smallest rooms and I got a little concern but when I got there and I saw how great it was, i was happy. Great service, friendly staff, rooms super clean and confortable beds, and the best thing of all right off the tube station and close to everything! I will definetly book this hotel again
2 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Cielo Cortes
"nice remodeling but horrible maintenance"
Have stayed at the Kensington Close on and off for 15 years. The remodeling is coming along nicely and overall the service was very good. Rooms are small, of course, by American standards but you're located in a great neighborhood. My complaint was the tub drainage, which was backing up and reversing even. Two days of bringing this to the attention of the front desk produced zero change. It was disgusting. Their rating fell from a 4.0 to 1.5 for me.
4 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
Friendly and helpful staff; comfortable rooms. Some amenities not well thought out, such as no light by which to shave in the bathroom. There was plenty of light -- but all of it behind me (making it difficult to see). Advertised a Sports bar that is no longer there -- a true shame. Cost charged for Wi-Fi was a bit high -- and the speed a bit slow. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
"Small room & internet charges too high"
I have stayed here a few times as the location is excellent - this time I paid for a superior room but it was so very small I was disappointed. I asked for a larger room but there was nothing better available. Then you have to p[ay 10 pounds for internet and 8 pounds to go to the gym even for a short session.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
norah
"Great Location! Great Hotel for the money!"
Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Lobby/Lounge very nice and the entire staff exceeded expectations! Easy location to get to Underground!
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
Kendra
"Rooms need repair - beautiful lobby"
Mold in the bathroom, shortage of bath towels, phone in the room didn't work, blow dryer didn't work and elevator wasn't working properly. Lobby is beautiful but the rooms are awful, smelly/moldy and need renovating.
4 night trip Nov 21, 2013
"nice hotel rooms lacking"
This is a nice hotel with a great spa and gym but rooms are lacking. Small as expected but mattress was old and saggy and air conditioning was positioned right on top of a disappointing bed making the night not the best for sleep which is the most important reason fro having a room.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
nyc traveller
"Second hotel in london we stayed at..."
We did a tour and started our trip off in the Novotel in London and had a great room then at the end of the trip we spend a few nights in this hotel and there was a big difference. This hotel as close to alot but the room was very small and dated and the bathroom door was a sliding door that was super hard to open and close. And the shower was a whole other issue, I love a high pressure shower but this pressure was so bad it hurt when it hit you and noted my hair all up from the strong pressure! And the shower head was super low so you had to remove the head of the shower with one hand and then use the other to rinse and lather...not ideal.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Raylene
The concierge service was excellent. The lady at check in/out was a little haughty. The elevator was a joke. And evidently in England, nobody uses a washcloth. A short walk to Kensington High Street is a big plus.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Very conveneient location, but photos lie"
For starters, I arrived a bit earlier than the usual check in time but 99.9% of the time, I can usually get into a room upon arrival. In this case they were completely sold out so I had to wait hours after an international flight before my room would be vacated and cleaned. Since I booked a single room, I was offered a double for an additional thirty a night, well not remembering a 'single' in the UK means an actual Twin size bed, I turned down the Double assuming it was a room with 'two double beds'. One might think to get cutomers coming back, as a first time the offer for an available room for a weary traveler might be nice. I finally got to my room and it was decent but the half the size of my averaged sized den at home....and that included the bathroom! It was TINY, I had to laugh as you truly get what you pay for in Central London. The price was pretty good but I should have known lower prices dont get you much there! My teenage boy sized bed was very squeaky and creaky, comfortable enough only to pass out from severe jetlag but comfort was not a factor. Check out time, I had a 6PM flight so asked for as late a check out as I can get, um, another no, noon is check out and if you're clocked in your room a minute past, they charge your incidentals credit card a tenner per hour...no exceptions. With no free wifi available and not wanting top check my bags at reception as they go up a special lift to another part of the hotel, I wasted 3 hours in lobby on iPad
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
Everything was very good - except the size of the room - it was too small
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Ld31
"Undergoing renovations"
Basically a great hotel except, that it is very crowded, doesn't have enough staff at check-in/check-out, is undergoing renovation (no pool right now), has not enough elevators (tiny and slow) and some strange rooms. When we were told at check-in that there were two half baths (whatever that might be), we paid an upgrade fee. The room that we got through that had a handicapped bathroom, which is great when you come in a wheel chair but otherwise has the charm of a hospital ward. We will never stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Andreas
"Close to underground, nice and clean."
Nice, on the large side for Europe, clean, great AC, availability of a pool.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Great area, great hotel, tiny room"
1 block from the tube, great hotel amenities (bar, room service, amazing gym), great neighborhood, small rooms, easily accessible to all of London...would definitely stay there again. Spent 2 nights there before heading off to a wedding in W. London, we had 2 rooms, were a party of 3, came from the US and Germany.
2 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
the rooms were small, but is typical in London, so that is not the problem. But very very noisy, horrible in the hallway with the doors every morning, couldn't sleep in the morning. I would not stay here, I can choose other hotels same area. Also the Spa was closed for reparation. Internet was blocked by the system, so don't pay money for that, I was not able to sign in for things for work. Not my place that I would stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
"Central and easy to get around"
This hotel suited us as we were only there for 1 night prior to leaving the UK and we found it to be in a good location and close to everything. The Porters at the door were great - very friendly and extremely helpful. The foyer areas were very large and spacious. Our room was OK, for London. Fairly small, but OK for a night. The only negative would be the bathroom layout. It wasn't user-friendly at all. You had to back in to the toilet and also virtually back out from the hand basin. I think they would be better to do away with the bath and just have a shower, giving more walking room. There was also not enough space to put our toiletries by the basin. However, due to the location, we would stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Bev
"Everything costs including the use of the pool."
Misinformation given. Unpleasant staff except for resturants and bars.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
dr.
"Nice hotel."
Very clean. Nice swimming pool. Breakfast had a wide variety.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"In the thick of High St. Kensington: lively locale"
Lobby area spacious and well appointed. Staff is courteous if not engaged with the guests. Rooms are small but very well organized and kept very clean. The lifts (elevators) were being repaired, which was a hassle, but they are busy all year.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Ellen
"Fantastic Location"
Quality of hotel services and location are fantastic. The only issue I had is the quality of the bed, was not comfortable at all - the springs keeps popping up from the mattress.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
Vilma M.
"Fabulous hotel"
It was very comfortable and a good location. The only issue was the elevator was broken. However, the stairs were easy to navigate!
3 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"Nice lobby. Cramped room that needs maintenance"
Good location close to Underground. Felt safe walking around even after midnight.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Drew
"It is a great hotel."
I had a great time. They were very helpful and friendly. The room was a little small but it was a minor things.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
"The room and the bathroom was too small"
The room and the bathroom was too small and the carpet was used.
Other trip Jun 13, 2013
Tamas
"great experience"
stayed for 3 nights ... hotel is modern , clean with spa and pool. all the staff is very curtious and friendly . hotel is also a minute walk from the main street where you have tesco , mcdonalds and some of the famous london brands and all mobile shops but most importantly the high street kensington underground station is also a minutes walk away only .... the only negative i would have to say is that they charge 9.99 pounds for the wifi per 24 hours which is outrageous !!!
2 night trip Jun 4, 2013