All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
Wrights Lane, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary pool
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Great neighborhood room not so much"
I'm sure if you had an upgraded room it would be great . My room world have been 2 stars in USA at best and yea believe revues it's small , even for Europe
2 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Leo
"Adequate hotel close to the tube and Kennsington P"
We stayed at the hotel for five days while visiting London. We found the rooms and the bed extremely small. Upon arrival late at night, when we checked in, we were given our room key. We were never told that in order to activate the lights, the room key needed to be inserted into a box inside the door. Needless to say, after traveling all day we were exhausted and aggravated at the fact that we were not informed upon check in. Then the room safe was not working and needed to have the battery replaced. This did not leave a good first impression.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Linda and Peter
"Walking distance to subway station."
Room was just too small. Only one of two small elevator (6 persons max) is running.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Nice Hotel, Great Location, Friendly Staff"
My husband and I stayed at the Kensington Close Hotel in mid July. I was very pleased with our stay. The hotel is in a great location, a one minute walk from High Street Kensington tube stop, very close to shopping and several restaurants (Wagamamas, Strada etc just a few minutes walk away), there's a Boots on the corner as well as a Marks and Spencer food stop. The room was small (but this is expected, it's London after all!) but very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms (although small) appeared to be recently updated and were new and very clean. I had one small unpleasant incident were a bad of food stuff in my room (containing some chocolate bars and pastries) went missing (possibly thrown out by accident?) but when I spoke to the Duty Manager about it (Agnes) she was helpful and friendly and they addressed the matter as best as I think they could have. The staff was pleasant and friendly. When I asked for my twin double room to be changed to a double they were helpful and accommodating. They even kept my luggage when I went out of London for two nights! Overall a very pleasant stay. I would suggest this hotel for sure and will be back if ever in London.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Charges for everything"
Internet is charged, even though all hotels in europe include it. Access to the pool 8 pounds per day if you want to use it, which for me its something uncommon. Rooms are super small.
"Good Location"
Hotel had a really great location and the potential for awesomeness. Small rooms are ok if they are properly equipped, but the mattresses were awful and shower curtains so thin that they curled all around you body while in the shower. The room was equipped in less than youth hostel quality so that was a pity. Also Wi-Fi and pool charges come on top of rooms charge which is a hassle.
"In a nice area."
In a nice area, but for the price, I was very disappointed in the size of the room and the fact that wi-fi is NOT included. There is a hotel 15 minutes away, by foot, at a lower price with double the size of the room, free wi-fi, and nicer all around.
Perfect stay.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Courtney
"Lovely hotel, shame about the room"
First impressions were that this was going to live up to Kensington, until we walked into a shoebox room. To get to the far side of the bed, you had to climb over the bed. The saying, no room to swing a cat is about right for their standard double room.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
john,
"good"
Wifi is poor. The rooms are decent size for London. Very nice area. The staff is very nice. Clean
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
kyle
"Biz trip in UK"
Great location, good breakfast, awesome gym, tiny bed, and very helpful staff
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Eik
"Good hotel near to West End"
Stayed for two nights to be close to where I needed to be in London. The hotel is just behind the Ken. High Street tube station, very convenient for shopping and a stone's throw from Hyde Park and the best London shops and museums. Staff were very helpful and the bathroom, while efficiently small, was quite spacious enough and very well appointed-I didn't bump an elbow once!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
B
"Great Deal for Travelers!"
Great hotel for international travelers! Opt for the price that includes breakfast; it will be cheaper than the 12 GBP charged separately. Location is AWESOME and close to High Street Kensington Underground station. The price is right for this hotel that is low on frills but high on convenience and service.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Lamar
"Perfectly fine London hotel"
Aside from the fact that my television and phone didn't work and it took awhile to get someone up to the room to fix them both -- I would recommend the hotel. My room was perfectly fine. Small, but nicely designed. It was quiet and comfortable. It was packed because of Wimbledon, so I understood that they were a bit short staffed. I loved that it was close to Kennsington Gardens and though the outside was a big depressing the inside was fine. I couldn't believe they didn't offer free WiFi. That is something I never encounter when I travel.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Robin
better than expected based on other reviews. great location and value for the price. travelled with my 13 year old daughter the the room was very adequate for both of us, i.e. large enough, 2 seperate twin beds. Staff was friendly to give us free wifi for the entire stay :)
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Dusty and moldy smell bedroom!!!!"
I booked twin room superior but the room that I got seem to be a normal standard room with the dusty and moldy smell!!!! Make me cough in the middle of the night! The hotel looks very good from the outside but bedroom is not good!
3 night trip Jul 2, 2015
I stayed for 4 nights on a solo trip, and the room was just what I needed but nothing more. I loved the location - a quieter section of London but so close to the tube and bus stops (which are worth using and relatively easy to figure out). My room itself was very small, but it was fine for one. I also requested a quiet room, which seemed to have been granted, since I was on the end of the hall, with stairs on one side (room 574). The bathroom is poorly arranged, with a large tub and tiny spaces for the toilet and sink. Spartan furnishings and the single bed in the room made it feel like a dorm, but I really wasn't in the room much, so it was fine. The air conditioning worked well, which was great because it was very hot a few days. The TV was adequate, and I didn't use the WIFI which was not free. The elevators were tiny and not great. If you are claustrophobic, stay on a lower floor and use the stairs! Staff were responsive to questions, but they didn't go above and beyond in any way. I ate dinner one night at the Hansom Cab, which was about a half mile away. It felt like an authentic neighborhood place, which I would recommend. Whole Foods and other grocery/convenience stores are nearby for snacks.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Andrea
"Don't stay here when it's warm"
elevators mostly out of service and air conditioning wholly inadequate during rare London heat.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Russell
"Don't judge a book by its cover"
Service is comparable to fawlty towers. Rooms uncleaned even with pills on the floor of the family room. Tv didn't work, window broken, wifi worked about 6 mins per hour. The lift has been broken for at least a week. Checkin a shambles - they didn't have our booking at checkin even though they hadn't forgotten to take the cash in advance. They had to give us an alternative room. They didn't mention they needed our credit card details at checkin so we could sign to the room but after signing the bill in the restaurant to the room they realised 6 hours later at midnight and decided to harass us, wake us and call 7 times insisting to wake the kids up and come pay the bill even though we were all asleep!!!! After paying over 30 pounds a night to park you would think the least they could do after paying and getting the receipt was to ensure they would unblock your car and let you out but no apparently it's acceptable to make you wait 40 mins for the pleasure. If you don't mind feeling like you're queuing at a theme park whenever you need anything then maybe you will enjoy your stay. Great location though!!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
ruthg
"The executive room very very small for the price."
The rooms are small. Have to pay for Internet service. Av adapters $13 pounds for the breakfast and on top the coffee.. Front desk not very helpful.... The positive close to McDonald's and the underground stations... The only helpful are the concierge..
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
pcstll
"Okay stay ~If you there for a week-"
I stayed at the Kensington close for 2 weeks - 1.The room - if you have been on cruise -then you will understand the size of the room - single or 2 single beds - The room need to be redecorated - and new mattresses -The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff kept the rooms cleaned! Although the cleaning staff makes too much noise in the morning - You do not hear outside noise - 2. I should have looked into it -the gym very nice and yes they have a pool -But, not 8 pounds a day ! The have other services and that's were they can make their money -if you were just using the gym equipment it should be free - 3.The tube Is up the street and to the right -There is Café Nero on the corner and there is plenty of stores and restaurants around -Starbucks -up the street and turn left about block -Also at the end of street turn right-, there M&S store -has a food store in it and Whole foods is block after that -it very nice whole foods - 4. Kensington Palace is a short walk -worth the walk -
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Memorable kensington"
I have always loved kensington and my stay at Kensington Close was not a disappointment . The staff were very friendly courteous and made one feel very welcome,however the late night meal in the room could be better I would still recommend it to friends thank you for a pleasant stay NLatif
5 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Nargis
"Conveniently located in Kensington"
I stayed here because it's just a five minute walk to my office on Kensington High St. I like the fact they have a nice gym even though it's not included in the rate. I didn't particularly like the buffet breakfast set up as I prefer to order ala carte and it's almost has a cafeteria feel to it. Because of the convenience I will stay here again.
4 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Byron
"A Favorite Hotel"
I stay in this hotel every year when I attend a conference in London. It is conveniently located, has clean and comfortable rooms, and has a great staff./
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
When we arrived we had trouble using the phone in our room, there were no instructions on how to get an outside line, having called the guest assistance only to be told that the staff at reception were very busy and I would have to go down to reception to speak to them. I insisted that I wanted to speak to reception, when I was put through no one answered. Eventually after many phone calls and finally going down to reception the phone was sorted. When we asked for a taxi to be booked for our pick up to take us to the airport we explained that we would need a people mover as there was 4 of us and a lot of luggage. When the Taxi arrived it was a sedan car and of course our luggage would not fit in, we eventually were offered a "Black cab" and the driver was very nice and we were able to fit the luggage in albeit a squeeze. Having stayed at another hotel in Kensington the week before we stayed at the Kensington Close, I have to say the experience at the K&K George was much better than the Kensington Close.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Good Stay with Minor Problems"
We enjoyed our stay overall. The hotel is in a great location, right at the Circle line - it took us 15-20 mins to get to Westminster or anywhere within the circle. The train stop is within 2 mins walk from the hotel. Our room was tiny, but we expected this from a London hotel. There we several things that could have been improved. First, the line to the elevators. There are four, and during the week of our stay, at least one (sometimes two) were broken. Each elevator fits 2 persons with laggage, or 4 without. It is not an issue except during the check-in/check-out times. Another issue was the Internet connection. You need a new user name/password for each day and each device (we stayed for a week and had 5 devices between the two of us). You can take the login info at the reception, but it is a little bit of a pain to ask for it every time and have to key it in. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Natalya
"Great location!"
The room was very comfortable, but a bit small. That's the only reason I rated it as I did for comfort. The location was great...the Tube station was very close, as was Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, and lots of great shopping and restaurants. Hotel service was excellent.
3 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Ralph
"The rooms are very small"
The room was incredibly small. I ended up going 2 sizes up. The first room I had no where to put my luggage. I had to stand on the toilet to turn the fan off. I put the ironing board up and basically couldn't get to the bathroom or my luggage. Was like something out of comedy movie.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"STAYED HERE WITH MY DAUGHTER - VERY SAFE!"
My daughter and i loved the hotel! Very safe and convenient areA!
4 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
elizabeth
Very nice hotel. Clean! Very good breakfast. Short way to Kensington Street and Underground. Very Nice swimmingpool ca 31 C degrees. Hottest steam sauna ever! We will come back. We had a very nice stay here!!!
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Convenient and Comfortable"
This hotel is very close to the subway and bus lines, as well as easy access to all the tourist sites, while being tucked away from the main streets and traffic. The only things that I would criticize would be the internet policy which was confusing and the lighting system in the room. When I checked in it took me about two hours to figure out how to turn the lights on in the room. Turns out you have to put your room key in a slot next to the door. However, once you do, a very loud fan comes on in the bathroom that cannot be turned off unless you take the key out of the slot. The fan is loud so even when you shut the door you can hear the fan. If you just want to turn on the reading lamp and relax in bed you can't do that without having the fan running. If you take the key out of the slot you have no lights and no fan. You can't have one or the other, if you want lights you the fan must be on too. I know this seems like a weird thing to be annoyed by, but unless you experience it you won't know.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Chuck
"Location, location, location"
We have stayed here twice before. The rooms have been redecorated and the bathrooms upgraded. While the room is small by American standards, the beds are extremely comfy, and the windows can be opened. The location makes up for any lack of perfection. Located in a quiet cul de sac, It is two blocks from the High Street Kensington tube stop, conveniently located on the Circle and District lines, and within 5 minutes of good, reasonable restaurants, including Pret à Manger, Café Rouge, Côte, and Strada, and lots of trendy shops. Caffe Nero, right up the street, is much better than Starbucks and has free wifi, good to know since the hotel charges £10 a day for internet access.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nice, but..."
Nice neighborhood. Bed not very comfortable. Internet is a surcharge. Spa is great!
6 night trip May 26, 2015
"Kensington Close Hotel & Spa"
We spent 2 nights with them. It is a lovely hotel close t the High Street Kensington tube station. The room was just right. The hotel amenities were just what we were after. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Great location near Kensington Gardens!!"
For our first trip to London, this hotel was a great choice. Close to an Underground stop and prime location near Kensington Gardens. We had so much fun and were glad the hotel was a great value.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Marie
Great location. Small is not a good description of the room, more like extremely tiny,but I had to remind myself that I was in the UK. I also realized everything in USA is extremely oversized.
2 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
Nadia
"Affordable Luxury !"
When booking the hotel, I was originally seeking a semi-nice looking hotel close to all of the tourist sites and as well including free wifi. The hotel was definitely affordable luxury and the staff was quite friendly. Only disadvantages, over a mile from main attractions aside from Kensington Palace/ Garden, none the less, you can walk it as we did or take the Underground as we usually did at night. Biggest complaint is that you have to pay for wifi access which I was unaware of and even when you do, it is still spotty.
Other trip May 29, 2015
This was a great hotel in a very nice area, within walking distance of the subway, a Whole Foods store and some great restaurants. Friendly staff and nice room. We would stay there again.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"What a nice surprise"
I read the reviews on this hotel and was a tad bit apprehensive; however, my stay was perfect. Granted the rooms are small, smaller than what we are use to here, but I really was only in the room to shower and sleep. I had a second floor room, adjacent to the elevator. It did get a little loud in the middle of the night, but I found it easy to roll over and fall back asleep. I loved the dual opening windows, which added ventilation to the room and fresh air, cooling the room off just right. My stay in this hotel was at the end of a 2 week tour of Spain and I found the beds here to be the best! Conveniently located near a tube station with an awesome pub around the corner as well as a coffee shop and other eateries in close proximity. The staff were very helpful and provided help on getting from one area to the next. Will definitely consider this hotel again when I come back to London :)
Other trip May 20, 2015
Ravenstar
"London2015"
Nice hotel away from the chaos of London. Loved the Kensington neighborhood. Easy access to the tube and busses. Nice room with a great Shower!!!
4 night family trip May 11, 2015
Aimee
"Very good hotel, excellent location"
Room was comfortable and well kept, staff was courteous and efficient. Breakfast ample and quite good, but menu never varied. Concierge handled inquiries readily and effectively. No long delays for anything. Excellent access to the Tube. We stayed over a week and had no complaints.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Adam
"The best value in London"
Amazing price for the location
1 night trip Mar 23, 2015
Christopher
"great for a quick trip"
Came in for a quick weekend trip, and this hotel was perfect. Great part of town that is quiet enough, and has plenty going on around it. I would suggest this hotel as a good medium price hotel. Nice spa, not a ton of extras in the room but you definitly get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Ryan
"So glad we stayed here"
Great hotel and great location. The tube station is a short walk away and made getting around London very easy. The only downfall is that they charge an outrageous amount for WiFi which is only good for 24 hours.
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Amazing Service"
Amazing Service - I woke up late because of jet-lag, got down for breakfast at 10:15 so by all rights I should have gotten none - kitchen closed. But the hostess (Alda, I believe?) asked the supervisor (very friendly, and incredibly easy on the eyes :), who asked the chef, who was perfectly willing to make me a wonderful breakfast anyway. The room was "Kensington Close", but that is what I signed up for. Bath was great. Concierge was as expected warm, knowledgeable and courteous. I would be happy to bring my family back to the KCH.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Excellent place to stay .... if you know the rules"
I booked this hotel at a great rate for this area in London. It was very close to the tube and shopping. I loved it!! As a foreign traveler you should know that they operate everything from the front desk. You must place your key in a slot located by the door when you enter your room. This will allow you to turn on the lights. If you room is not warm enough (after blasting the heat) the max temp must be raised by calling the front desk. Also if you do not make the reservation as a club member; you will have to pay an additional 8 pounds per day to use the pool, sauna, and whirlpool. Now that you know these rules you should have an excellent stay!! Enjoy. Of course I learned them the hard way, but the manager quickly resolved my issues. Thanks!!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Alex
"Beautiful hotel. Excellent value."
Beautiful, renovated rooms. Great location. Excellent value.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Terribly small room!!!!"
Location great but don't get a standard double otherwise you'll be walking in and out of the room sideways!!!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
denise
"Nice hotel, very close to tube station"
We only spent one night in this hotel however we enjoyed it very much. Reason we chose it was modern bathroom amongst other hotels we looked at in the area. Only downside was noise we heard in the morning. Door were being slammed and we could hear another room being cleaned and hoover going off at 9 am, which I think is far too early. We have informed the reception so hopefully this will not happen again. Overall very nice hotel and we would defiantly stay there again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
wanda
"Nice hotel to stay close to kensington Palace."
The staff is very nice, the room was clean the hotel location also is very good.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015