All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
81 Jermyn Street, St James's, London, England, SW1Y 6JF, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Good internet service
    Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
"London Holiday 2014"
Awesome location. We really enjoyed our time in London. I do not feel the restaurant and lounge staff were very friendly at all. If you deviated any from what their usual plan was they did not like it. The concierge on the other hand was extremely helpful in setting up reservations and they all were very outgoing and friendly!
8 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Jane
"A Perfect Stay in London"
I got a room in this hotel as part of a 5-day trip for a very good deal, as I came to found out later. The hotel is located within walking distance of the big landmarks and hailing a cab or Uber was extremely easy. Nightlife was never dull, with casinos, pubs, and clubs located all around. It was also within walking distance of some of the biggest shopping streets in London. There's no doubt I would aim for this fine establishment again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Eddie
"Close to everything, short walk for major sightsee"
Excellent staff, friendly helpful. Room was spotless, cleaning lady was helpful and courteous.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Friendly, helpful, home away from home"
Location to museums, auction houses and old master galleries couldn't be Better. Made our visit all the better.
5 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Beyond ideal"
So accommodating and friendly from giving directions to making sure we had what we needed .The entire staff was delightful.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
bill
"Nice hotel and close to many sites"
We arrived at the Cavendish Hotel and were very pleased with the appearance, lounge, staff and location. It is easy to walk to many of the locations, but we opted to also use the taxi. All of the staff was helpful, friendly and professional. We were very impressed with the way the staff saw to all of our needs. We will go back, if we return to London.
J
"Nice hotel. Very good location."
Had a great time in london. The hotel was very Wellington located and helpful.
pao
"great location very small single in a double roo"
nice middle range hotel Very small room for a single person in a double room.But hotel services were very courteous and clean. Good light and good shower. No robe and few extras in room. dining included very good bur expensive buffet breakfast. One dinner was very bad, glue like rice with mushrooms.
edith
"well located for sight seeing"
helpful and gracious staff mediocre food clean and timely room refreshed
jeannette
"Nice hotel close to important venues,"
We had the hotel breakfast. The food was delicious. The staff greeted us with options. They were helpful without being overbearing. We also had drinks at the hotel bar. The bar was small and well placed off thee lobby. Again, we were served by gracious and competent staff. I found the hotel to be a charming retreat from the hustle and bustle of Picadilly Circus. The hotel was located near charming shops and a great slection of restaurants, pubs and party venues. I believe young and old, business travelers or people on holiday would enjoy this hotel. It is charming with modern features.
"several reasons not to stay again"
Very nice hotel in a great part of town. Surprised by several aspects of the room: 1. the smallness of the room, 2. a very small closet with poorly designed layout. Doors do not open all the way, get hung up with the bathroom door, closet rods perpendicular to the opening, not much room for clothes and fixed hangers that are so difficult to use. 3. poor bathroom design. Small and only an 18" entry to the shower. very nice fixtures. You have to ask "who designs this? and did they every get another commission.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
"Comfortable hotel near bus and train"
This hotel is very accommodating .The hotel is near to a lot of sites such as theaters, bus stops and train stations, restaurants.The concierge was extremely helpful in directing us to sites that we wish to visit.The rooms had a beautiful decor.The bed was so comfortable , we were able to sleep soundly.We definitely come back to this hotel on our next visit to London
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Raymond
"Many pluses but room too small."
There are many pluses to this hotel...nicely decorated, immaculate, quiet room, comfortable beds, nice neighborhood with a short walk to a underground station accessing 3 lines. However, the superior queen room that we had was extremely small making it uncomfortable for more than 1 person. For example, if someone was sitting at the desk it was difficult to squeeze past them to get to the other side, making it necessary at times to climb over the bed. Given the high price, it resulted in a poor value.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
GD
"First London Visit"
Ten minute walk to Buckingham Palace, 5 minutes to Picadilly Circus, 2 blocks to the tube. Used the weekly Oyster card for a 5 day stay and went all over London with ease using the tube.
6 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
"Nice hotel in excellent location"
Nice hotel in excellent location. Staff was really polite and helpful. Room was a little small but it was clean and had everything I needed except for a fridge.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Very good location."
Very good location, clean ,helpful ,staff and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great hotel in a great location"
The staff is as good if not better than the reviews that I read. The concierge & front desk were extremely helpful. Definitely would return on my next visit.
2 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
M. Drucker
Good central location. Fast check in and out. ...........
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Jensen
"Great location for business"
Second time I've stayed here and I'll continue to do so for my business travel. It's conveniently located in Mayfair and I always enjoy window shopping along Jermyn St on my way to/ from the hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Perfect location, wonderful hotel"
Beautiful hotel, nice service, and in great location -- near the hustle bustle of Picadilly Circus but not in it. King beds were a plus. A real gem.
8 night trip Aug 23, 2014
G Olson
"Modern hotel in ideal location"
Very modern hotel beautifully maintained in a great location for exploring London. I expected an old world hotel given its history, but it has no traces of its historic beginnings. Nonetheless, it is in great shape and the amenities and staff are top notch. It is pretty quiet considering how close it is to Picadilly. It is ideal for both business trips and vacations. Small rooms and bathrooms, as expected in London, but room had hair dryer, iron, coffee/tea kit and safe. I gathered from comments that I was in a discount room, since it was close to elevator, but I never heard the elevator and the room was great.
3 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
"London hotel"
very good location, walking distance to best shops, museums, restaurants, quiet street
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
JM
"Great location, top shelf hotel!"
We absolutely loved our stay at the Cavendish London and highly recommend this as a great place for any kind of traveler (business/family/couples). Our room was fantastic, very stylish and comfortable. We were very pleased with the size of our room as well. It had plenty of space and everything we needed. The room was spotless! We could not have asked for more! The staff was there to address any needs we had. We especially enjoyed the staff in the lounge! So kind and fun to be around. Plain and simple, a cool place!!! Our trip was a combo wedding anniversary and milestone birthday. When we arrived we found cake, chocolates and Champaign waiting for us in our room!!! Thank you Neil! Our room was on the 11th floor and had a wonderful view of London!! We also found the location fantastic, great restaurants and shops just steps away as well as access to the London Underground. Just a few minutes walk to Piccadilly Circus and other great sites! When in London again, we will absolutely be staying at the Cavendish!!!
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"a perfect place to start your holiday"
The hotel staff were excellent and helped us get tickets to shows/tours & helped make our stay well above the norm. The hotel was very nice and centrally located. you can walk to the theater as well as many major tourist attractions.
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
"Amazing hotel"
I would like to recommend this hotel to any one who looking for good hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Sultan
"A nearly perfect stay"
The room was lovely. My only complaint would be was that I was gone early in the morning and upon my return late into the afternoon (around 3:30 or 4) the room hadn't been cleaned. It happened on 2 occasions which I thought was quite late after having been gone for a good part of the day and wanted to relax. Everything else was fine. Any requests I had was answered immediately. Very pleasant staff and beautiful hotel.
4 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Julia Diorio
"This hotel was amazing!"
We stayed for our 30 year anniversary and they were wonderful. A car picked us up at the airport, and the driver pointed out sights of interest. The concierge got advance tickets for us, and helped us plan our route every morning. Our room was clean, modern and had a great view (11th floor). The staff surprised us by having rose petals on our bed, champagne and chocolates waiting for us. Their location is ideal--within walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Picadilly Circus, St. James park. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Joan
"Excellent hotel, high quality, near to everything"
Clean and luxurious. Great location, walk to everything. Excellent service. We had a pre-theatre dinner at the hotel's Petrichor Restaurant which was delicious, gourmet, and great value. Only negative was our room was small, but that's pretty normal for London.
3 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2014
Maggie
Stayed in a King room on the 10th floor, with a spectacular view of many of London's attractions. Hotel room was spacious with a lovely bath, always clean and very comfortable. Centrally located near Picadilly and in general a great base of operations for a week in London!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Superb location, friendly staff!!"
Terrific location very close to Piccadilly Circus, easy walking distance to at least two tube stations. Food at hotel café was very good, and the hotel has a very nice lobby bar. The room was quite large, with all the "extras". Great bathroom, with separate shower / large bathtub. The only minor complaint I'd make is that the bed in our room ( a king ), was entirely too soft, resulting in morning back and neck aches. I like a firm mattress, so maybe it's just me...
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Chuck
"A Tourist"
The hotel is in an excellent location. It is on a quiet side street, yet in the center of the action. Would highly recommend.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Perfect London Stay"
If I ever return to London (which I hope to do often), this is the only hotel I plan to book. The location was perfect, in a safe location within walking distance of all of the sites my family wanted to see. The staff was exceptionally helpful, even assisting to facilitate the repair of a flat tire on our rental car. The room and amenities were spotless. We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and I must say that the pan seared salmon dish was one of the best preparations of that fish that I have ever tasted. You can not go wrong with The Cavendish London - an absolute treasure!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Rebecca
"Bang in the centre of town"
Stayed three nights in August 2015. The best thing about the Cavendish is its location, opposite Fortnum's in the heart of Piccadilly. Convenient access to both Green Park (lifts, and a direct underground journey to Heathrow, if need be) as well as Piccadilly Circus itself, of course. Superior (aka standard) rooms a little on the small side, but I have (mistakenly) paid more for less. I had only two experiences with the food and drink. Once in the bar (complete disaster) and once for breakfast (pleasant enough). Aye, pleasant enough, but a rip-off; better breakfasts can be had for the same price (or less) at more luxurious hotels within a very few minutes' walk (try the rejigged Cafe de Paris). Not surprisingly, the main accent in the breakfast room was American. Those with some knowledge will eat elsewhere. Room and bathroom appeared very clean. Unusual and persistent smell in the third floor corridor. Reception had some of the most charming hotel staff I have ever encountered. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"A great place to stay"
We stayed here for three nights and it was great. Just a few minutes walk to the metro and centrally located to all of London's sights. Would definitely stay again.
3 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
"Nice hotel in an excellent location"
Staff were very nice and accommodating, facility was very modern, very comfortable, free newspaper every morning
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Dick
"Excellent hotel"
My only 2 minor complaints are that in the middle of the summer, it would be nice to have a lighter comforter on the bed. And the doors to the rooms close loudly, which means it's easy to hear the neighbors on the floor coming in and out of their rooms. For the most part this wasn't too problematic. But otherwise, the hotel is delightful. The service was first class. I loved my room up on the penthouse floor with lovely view and light.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Beautiful Landmark"
Just lived this motel! Our room was spacious and very comfortable with tea and coffee available. They even offered a turn down service which was very nice! For the price I thought not including breakfast was the only negative compared to other locations.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Amy McGridf
"close to many sites"
excellent hotel and location
4 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"excellent value in central london"
well-equipped room and bathroom, comfortable bed, this hotel is a great value in central London. Staff were impeccably trained and professional.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
ST
"Fabulous location and an all-around lovely hotel"
My mom and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and found the location to be absolutely perfect; close to two major underground stops (Green Park and Picadilly Circus), a block away from a great bookstore, one block behind Picadilly Rd so it was quiet yet amazingly convenient for shopping and tourist-y things. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious (although I'm from NYC so that term is relative!) and it was very clean and it had a very comfortable bed and a nice, modern bathroom as well as a useful sitting area with a table. I would highly recommend this hotel and when I come back to London it will be my first choice for a place to stay.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Jenny R.
Very pleasant. Excellent location. Great breakfast
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Wonderful!"
Pretty hotel. Great location. Pretty room. Nice staff. A/c worked well!! Yay! No complaints!!!!! Wow!!
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Risa
"Wonderful!"
Perfect location. Close to shopping and 2 nearby tube stations. Lovely room, much bigger than I expected, with separate tub and large shower. Quiet, but a nice respite from the bustle of the city. Nespresso coffee maker and plenty of space. The pub across the street, Walkers, was very lively on Friday night with many getting a drink after work, and had good food at a great price. The only thing that I found fault with were the pillows - no down. But I would recommend the Cavendish for a great London experience! I can't wait to return to the Cavendish!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
robin
Very central hotel, located just 3 minutes walk from Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street. Rooms a bit small, but cozy. Service was impeccable.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Luca
"Returning Visit"
As previous, another great stay at the Cavendish. It was a late booking so we paid a discounted rate. I cannot fault the hotel - fantastic room on the 9th floor with view of city, good sized bedroom, perfect location, great service.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"In the middle of everything"
The location is great and especially if you are tired because you are close to shopping, restaurants and some of the major monuments. Cab service is prompt in cse you need to reach far destinations in a rush. The hotel personnel is first class and ready to help, including house keepers. The computer with printer is available 24/7 in the "business" center in the lobby and a large screen for the world cup matches was provided at the bar. rooms are quiet (I tried two) and essential for a comfortable stay. Check in an out quick and very efficient. I arrived at 8:30 am rom NYC and was given room immediately. A cute bonus was the free cold lemonade and strawberry tea in the afternoon in the lobby.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Gazump
Excellent stay. We were very pleased with our choice of hotel.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Perfect location, perfect staff, perfect stay!!!!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to everything, great located"
I loved to find an umbrella at the closet, save my day!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Soledad
"Great location & I love afternoon tea!"
Fabulous location, very convenient to theatre, great shopping, most sights & the underground. The beds are very comfortable.
2 night trip May 26, 2014