All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
81 Jermyn Street, St James's, London, England, SW1Y 6JF, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Wonderful!"
Pretty hotel. Great location. Pretty room. Nice staff. A/c worked well!! Yay! No complaints!!!!! Wow!!
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Risa
"Wonderful!"
Perfect location. Close to shopping and 2 nearby tube stations. Lovely room, much bigger than I expected, with separate tub and large shower. Quiet, but a nice respite from the bustle of the city. Nespresso coffee maker and plenty of space. The pub across the street, Walkers, was very lively on Friday night with many getting a drink after work, and had good food at a great price. The only thing that I found fault with were the pillows - no down. But I would recommend the Cavendish for a great London experience! I can't wait to return to the Cavendish!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
robin
Very central hotel, located just 3 minutes walk from Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street. Rooms a bit small, but cozy. Service was impeccable.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Luca
"Returning Visit"
As previous, another great stay at the Cavendish. It was a late booking so we paid a discounted rate. I cannot fault the hotel - fantastic room on the 9th floor with view of city, good sized bedroom, perfect location, great service.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"In the middle of everything"
The location is great and especially if you are tired because you are close to shopping, restaurants and some of the major monuments. Cab service is prompt in cse you need to reach far destinations in a rush. The hotel personnel is first class and ready to help, including house keepers. The computer with printer is available 24/7 in the "business" center in the lobby and a large screen for the world cup matches was provided at the bar. rooms are quiet (I tried two) and essential for a comfortable stay. Check in an out quick and very efficient. I arrived at 8:30 am rom NYC and was given room immediately. A cute bonus was the free cold lemonade and strawberry tea in the afternoon in the lobby.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Gazump
Excellent stay. We were very pleased with our choice of hotel.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Perfect location, perfect staff, perfect stay!!!!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to everything, great located"
I loved to find an umbrella at the closet, save my day!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Soledad
"Great location & I love afternoon tea!"
Fabulous location, very convenient to theatre, great shopping, most sights & the underground. The beds are very comfortable.
2 night trip May 26, 2014
"Good location- tiny room"
Great location, tiny room. No gym, no drawers to put your clothing, poor houskeeping service, slow elevators, late night noise from bars across the street and paper thin walls where you can hear other guests talking and coughing durng the night
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Good hotel, great location, reasonable price"
Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Cavendish. The hotel reception was friendly and greeted me with a free upgrade to my room! The room itself was very clean and large for european standards, and included a modern bathroom, TV, and good A/C system. My only complaint is that the mattress in my room really needed to be replaced. It was really worn down and provided very little support. Luckily, I was only there two nights, so the discomfort wasn't that bad. Location is superb and in the posh area of St. James. I did have dinner in the hotel restaurant one evening and the meal was excellent. When I needed to buy an 'emergency' pair of dress shoes, the concierge staff were very helpful in recommending nearby retailers. An additional positive was the entire row of outlets in a wall by the desk allowing for simultaneous charging of phone, iPad, laptop, and any other kind of electronic device. You can even boil your water for tea/coffee at the same time! I will definitely stay at the Cavendish again for any future trips to London.
2 night trip May 27, 2014
Deb
"Patrice and Clyde in London"
it was wonderful and too short. we went to local restaurants, stores, tourist sites
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Good hotel in good location"
Good hotel in good location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms nice but on the small side. Was great for one person but would be tight for an extended stay as a couple.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Just stayed one night, hard to judge much, but it was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"great location"
Totally enjoyed our stay. The location was excellent and room was lovely. Would definitely come back.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Nice hotel, excellent location"
Very nice and reasonably priced (relative to other in the area) hotel with an amazing central location. We walked everywhere, completely forgoing the underground, and only resorting to cabs when it rained. Even the hotel restaurant surprised with a very nice first dinner in London.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Jesse
"Good for business and pleasure"
Stayed here for business a few days and pleasure a few more. Used the Cavendish meeting rooms to host some clients. I've done this in 2-3 other cities in Europe and can say the Cavendish had the best experience. From the initial reservation to the actual meeting-day execution, the Cavendish is nothing but impressive. Also a great location to restaurants, shopping, sites, tubes, etc. I'll definitely put this place on my list of recommendations for friends/clients/colleagues when they visit London.
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
JCP
"Excellent hotel, very centrally located"
The hotel is of a high standard in terms of ambience, room size and amenities. Breakfast is excellent with many choices - both healthy, such as fruits, cereals and yogurt, and traditional cooked items. Free wifi (strong reception) is a great boon. The central location, just off Piccadilly, behind Fortnum & Masons, is very convenient indeed. Highly recommended.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
The Leopard
Room was small but comfortable, tastefully decorated and clean. All very nice. Very close to exactly where you want to be in Piccadiilly.
5 night trip Apr 15, 2014
excellent stay great location comfortable beds
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
wanda
"No better choice"
Everything about this hotel is great-comfortable room, great location, a staff that goes beyond expectations. "This is now our choice for a London hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
Susan N
"London 4/14-4/18 2014"
Great stay at the Cavendish. I had staying quite a number of years ago and truly enjoyed my stay then and the same for this time around. Even better this time around!
4 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
"Perfect location!"
I had a wonderful time at the Cavendish. I would recommend it very highly.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Wonderful location....great staff..."
Expedia needs to know some definitions about British hotels. A cot is a bassinet A twin room is for two people with separate beds....whereas a double room is two people in one bed.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Warm welcome, great location, fabulous breakfast"
Highly recommend the location, quality and comfort of hotel. The staff was always warm, welcoming and helpful. The breakfast buffet was of high quality and quite tasty. The location can't be beat-right across the street from Fortum and Mason! Would stay there again.
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Kathryn
"Perfect location excellent customer service"
This is my second time in this hotel, this one was even better than the first time... Free WiFi keep you connected with your business , definitely the Cavindish is my first choice in Lindon
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Majdi Wadi
"Very nice hotel- walking distance to town"
Stayed at the property in early Jan for 3 nights. Very good service and staff, everyone was very helpful and friendly. The first night we had a room that was really nice but had some sort of machine sound come on and off above us. We were moved the next morning to another room. The concierage setup appointments at nearby distilleries we wanted to visit. It was good to have parking at the property
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"A true 4 star hotel"
Cavendish London is what every 4 star hotel should be. It is fairly new, with a modern decoration, staff if nice and helpful, even the smaller rooms are comfortable, in the heart of London, and offers complimentary good quality Wi-Fi internet. I will definitely stay there again.
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2014
"Great, Central Hotel"
Stayed at The Cavendish for a total of 4 nights. Great medium sized boutique hotel in an awesome location. Less than 5 minute walk to Piccadilly Circus, 15 min walk to Chinatown, very close to Hop On, Hop Off bus station, Tube, Theater District, etc. There was a Tesco supermarket right up the street which was also convenient. The English breakfast was included in the Expedia offer. Hot and cold buffet items with eggs, sausage, bacon, smoked salmon, cereals, pastries (pain du chocolat was amazing!) etc, and you can even order off of the menu, which was included in the price. The only niggles I had were that the windows weren't sealed properly and the sound of the wind was a bit annoying. (We were on the very top floor, not penthouse - I wish!) I got used to it after the first night but I made sure to tell reception upon check out. Also, there was no fridge in our room but not sure if that rings true for all the rooms. Small touches like an umbrella, iron+ board, and towel warmer really made our stay. Staff, housekeeping, concierge were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It is pricey to stay here but there was a winter special running, stay 3 nights get 1 free so it was worth it. And you can't beat the location. All in all, a fantastic stay and we'll definitely return!
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
CheersLondon
"Great location for a quick business trip"
Everything was good - very happy.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Disappointing"
I was disappointed, frankly. Arriving at 10 p.m. from the USA there was no sign of life in the hotel forecourt so no help available with luggage. The key to the room didn't seem to work (probably my own fault) but when I went down to the lobby there was no sign of any staff member whatsoever. I waited a long time before being seated for breakfast (very expensive for what it was); no offer of a newspaper when I checked in, and when I left the table after breakfast all my dirty dishes were stacked in front of me. No offer of a second cup of coffee and no acknowledgement as I left.
4 night trip Dec 19, 2013
Richard Gaddes
"Great hotel in the heart of London"
I've tried many hotels in London over the years, but the Cavendish still offers the best combination of value, service and location.
2 night trip Dec 16, 2013
Barry
"Ideal Hotel"
Great hotel centrally located in the heart of London's West end, Friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
"The rooms are nicely furnished, but small."
The breakfast is extremely expensive. Unfortunately there are no nearby alternatives. It is a large and impersonal hotel. The location is great.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Great location!"
Great experience with very efficient staff.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
The hotel was very elegant, clean and comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful. Location was great.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"The location was perfect."
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The location is just down the street from Piccadilly Circus as well as just a shot walk to the tube. Would stay here again for sure.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Is this really St.James ???"
I had walked past this hotel a few times and it seemed high end and appealing. Simple conclusion after 1 stay is that the building, room, and aesthetics qualities place it slightly above f.ex. Paddington Hilton or similar. The staff was very nice, but also they cannot perform miracles. Cannot believe that such poor aesthetics exist, this must be a turnaround project for the right new owner, since the location is approximately the best in London, and views are majestic.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Exceeded high expectations"
We were at the Cavendish for over a week and loved it. The location was exceptional, within walking distance of Picadilly Circus, Green Park, even Trafalgar Square. Easy access to underground and buses. Fortnum & Mason across the street for cream tea, Hatchard's book shop just around the corner. Lots of restaurants of all price ranges, plus grocery store and drug stores so anything you need is easily available. Hotel room had mini-fridge and water heater so one could eat breakfast in the room before heading out for the day. Lovely deep bathtub/shower and lots of amenities for NO additional cost. Very helpful staff. Loved our stay. Would stay again and recommend to others.
8 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2013
Cassandra
"Great Hotel in a Great Location!"
Location! Location! Location! This hotel is great and is walking distance to most of London's attractions! The Classic Room that I had was a bit small but is elegant, chic, cozy and clean! I would go back to this hotel when I come and visit London again with my kids!
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
NML
"great location"
We enjoyed our stay here. Great location close to the tube, shopping, and places to eat. Staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2013
Doug T.
"A very good hotel"
Staff were friendly as was concierge service;IT facilities available.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Outstanding London Location"
Not knowing London, I just chose this hotel. It is tucked in on Jermyn Street one block off Piccadilly Circus. The lobby seems small but walk in a few steps and a beautiful marble reception area leads to a lounge then one more floor up is the restaurant. Classic Room was usual European city size. Tastefully decorated, comfortable bed and linens. Bathroom has room with space on the counter for items. Quality bath linens and soaps. Large desk area and good sized TV, accessible plugs. Restaurant food was excellent and hotel reasonably priced. Tesco Metro, Paxton&Whitfield Cheese, Rawleys and F&M are 1-2 blks away. Use Jermyn to avoid the Piccadilly crowds. We had an easy walk to the shows on the West End. The concierge, Mo, knew London and gave easy to follow directions. ALL the staff were superb in every encounter we had. The Tube had stops within two blocks east and west of the hotel with bus stops 1-4 blocks away. To our surprise Trafalgar Square was maybe 10-15 minutes walking. Would not consider staying anywhere else in London.
5 night trip Aug 22, 2013
formerhusker71
"Wonderful Hotel in a Wonderful Location"
Stayed in a queen superior room for our honeymoon. The hotel really contributed to how much we loved our trip: The room was spacious, the bathroom was remodeled with a high-pressure shower, full tub, and modern fixtures, and the cleaning staff kept the place spotless. The hotel was located within a few minute walk of both Green and Piccadilly tube stops and has many restaurants and shops nearby. I really can't recommend it enough: we'll definitely be back!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Nice, friendly hotel in a prime location"
The central location, yet on a quiet street, was ideal. It is an older hotel with fairly small rooms, but the staff is friendly and attentive. The GBP22.50 plus 20%VAT for breakfast was too high. The hotel also nickel and dimed for other services. The guests were 80% tourists, albeit better-off tourists. This hotel is the perfect balance--ideal location, great service, but with little stuffiness or pretension.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Perfectly Situated"
Professional pleasant staff. Located in center of London only 10 minute walk from Piccadilly Circus. Very convenient to everything. Near Tesco Supermarket and wonderful restaurants. Rooms small compared to American standard but well appointed and comfortable. Made us feel special on our anniversary. Room service excellent. Great concierge. All around, highly recommended.
7 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fabulous location"
Super location for all the major sights. Easy access to tube. Room a little small. Wonderful service. Helpful and knowledgeable concierge.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Gina
"Great Hotel!"
The hotel was clean, well maintained, and in a great location, located close to many London attractions. The staff was also very helpful and courteous. I'd definitely recommend a stay here!
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Great choice"
This hotel is a great choice if you want an affordable option in Central London. We had two separate stays of 2 and 3 nights. The first standard double room we had was on the 6th floor. The room was very small and had a limited view. The other standard double room we had was on the 12th floor. It was larger and had a great view but we didn't like the fact it had a connecting door to the room next door. We could hear the folks next door. Both rooms were beautifully decorated, extremely clean and very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower could have been better, especially in the first room.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
KAS
"Best holiday"
The rooms was a little small but it is London otherwise excellent staff, central neighborborhood and clean contemporary rooms. Highly recommend
Response by The Cavendish London
Thank you very much fro your great review. I am delighted that you had such a good stay and that you liked the hotel. Thank you very much for the recommendation it is really appreciated. I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Best regards Neil General Manager
5 night trip Jul 28, 2013