All hotels in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereBirmingham Airport, Coventry Road, Birmingham, England, B26 3QW, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Fair Deal"
Despite looking very "1960's" and a bit out-dated from the outside, this hotel is clean and tidy internally, with decent rooms and value for money food.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Steve Ocsko
"Will not stay at this location again!"
I travel to many locations and hotels and this by far was the worst hotel room I have experienced. The wing of the hotel was antiquated and in need of an update. The door to the room did not close properly. The hose connecting the water to the shower head was missing. Overall the room was old, poorly lit, small and very expensive. When I made these comments to the gentleman at the front desk in the morning, he duly made note of the room number and rated it a 7 of 10. I commented that it should be revised to a 3! The bar area was acceptable and the staff in the bar were very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was mediocre at best.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"nice hotel easy to get to and not far from places"
The hotel was very nice, the stafff were very pleasant and helpful. This was my first time in birmingham, I would definately return
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Zi
"Great overnight stay"
I made my booking while at the airport and it was confirmed within a minute. With a quiet room, large comfortable bed, air-conditioning, free WiFi, and plenty of sockets, this is just the kind of place you need after a long flight. There is a free regular shuttle bus service that connects the Inn to Birmingham International Train Station. The only thing that might concern some people is that they require you to put down your card details, but I haven't run into any problems from it so far.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Beware parking charges!"
Hotel is everything you expect from Holiday Inn, great staff, but beware of the parking charges
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Not too bad"
Generally ok. Receptionist was slightly annoying but other than that, it was ok. Not the nicest place I've stayed in but the price was very good!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Not bad at all"
We stayed here as we were going to watch some cricket at edgbaston. Free shuttle bus every half hour from the hotel to airport train station and train to new street was only 15 mins with last one returning just after 11pm. Hotel was a little tired but appeared to be undergoing some renovations. All in all a nice hotel and handy for the centre despite being an a airport hotel. We'll definitely stay again.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Fair play man pretty good"
Nice staff and good hotel but we found the location quite hard to get to from the airport, maybe a shuttle bus direct from the airport instead of train station? And make guest aware of the tram service between train station and airport.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Ok did the job"
Hotel is ok, service good. Beds are far too soft. Breakfast was nice
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Nice hotel for our purpose of pit stop"
Fine for our pit stop. But needs a re furbishment
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
anne
"Lovely stay"
Great facilities, nice hotel
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Theicemancometh
"No hot water or Irons provided"
Had a shower and bath.. No hot water both times.. Lucky is was a warm day Asked three times for an iron. Never arrived
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
AmanK
"nice stay"
Good location, easy to find. Front desk staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. room was big enough. Bathroom was very clean but shower was weak. Restaurant breakfast buffet was excellent. Evening meal was tasty but service was slow. Also they didn't have any suitable cutlery for young children.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Adriank
"Extremely helpful staff."
Super pool greatly enjoyed by granddaughter.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Airport hotel convenient for Solihull & surrounds"
The hotel has been nicely redecorated with a pleasing decor in the rooms (which was very clean). The air conditioning was not working making the room very hot and a duvet wholly unnecessary. We did not have breakfast there but drove to nearby Knowle (10 minutes away) to visit a coffee house so cannot comment on the food.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
ACA
Not happy, the air con in the room had a service fault so we had to go to reception, on the way we got stuck in a boiling hot lift for about 15 mins. got charged £8.50 for parking. On top of that the receptionist went on like what happened to me and my 6 year old son was the most normal thing in the world. I wont stay at this hotel again. Ever.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Jon Hugman
I had booked the hotel due to a concert in the arena nearby, very impressed with the shuttle buses service that was available.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"A good Nights Sleep in the Holiday Inn"
The hotel is an Art Deco vintage building that is in need of some TLC. Nevertheless, well compensated by a bright and enthusiastic team at all levels, from management all the way through to housekeeping service. What a great team. The chief has got a great menu and the beer is cold. Spa facilities are great so don't forget to take your cossy, and sports kit. Wifi is free and very stable. Just needs a few grand spent out in a coat of paint and some TLC. Good price, good location for me and comfy beds.
4 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Hoveton
"helpful staff"
Expedia failed to communicate my requirement for a twin room to the hotel in my booking. The hotel staff helpfully upgraded the double room they had reserved to a suite to accomodate my needs.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Ok Experience"
Few issues the toilet door wouldn't close properly or lock. The Aircon was old fashioned sounded like a Jetfighter on the max setting... Its a bit of a distant to the main city centre its around 6 miles..
3 night romance trip May 23, 2014
JayJay
"Good location - ideal shuttle"
Stayed here for 3 nights whilst exhibiting at the NEC - excellent breakfast buffet and the FREE shuttle to the station was ideal for getting to and from the NEC. We ate at the hotel every evening and the food good from the lounge menu and restaurant - the evening meal buffet was a bit hit and miss. I stayed in two rooms - one refurbished one older - both had comfy beds and were fit for purpose. The biggest plus here was the staff - EXCELLENT - very friendly, they recognised us and looked after our group really well.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Zoe
Clean and pleasant. Good buffet dinner. Room was spacious with good shower.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Hotel was just OK"
What positive remarks you can make on the cleanliness of the rooms were then only let down by the £8.50 car park charge and the very poor quality service and food and lack of heating the rooms.
3 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
M Dickinson
"Billiant Hotel!"
I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before and I would definitely stay in one again. The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff were polite and helpful, the beds were comfy, the room was clean and nicely laid out and the price was brilliant! The location was good too as we were in Birmingham for a concert at the LG Arena. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Zoe
"overall satisfactory"
heating the room did not work very basic but ok for a one stay
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
bella
"Nice hotel close to N.E.C"
Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights as we were seeing Jeff Dunham at the lg arena. Very nice hotel and the shuttle bus was brilliant, 5 minute walk to the arena from the station and the driver was very polite. Close to the bullring and touchwood shopping centre. The room was very clean although the bed was a little short in length as we are both tall. Swimming pool was nice and clean and the breakfast offers a range of choices from a fry up to cereal and fruit. Very good hotel for a short break. We would stay here again
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Emma
"Convenient to get in and out of City"
Our check in was good and the staff were very helpful
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Iqbal
"Not ideal for sleeping!"
A preset alarm woke us at 5:50 and 6:00 AM which we didn't request, and we couldn't phone to double check what the alarm was for as the phone wasn't working (apart from as an alarm!) You could hear every other person walking along the corridors, knocking on each other's doors... I kept waking thinking it was our door! Bed had no support so was very uncomfortable to sleep on and there was a humming all night from thwbwind getting in somewhere! Like the idea of the free shuttle as it was definitely needed, shame it wasn't usable after 11pm. Need to stay in Birmingham in July but unfortunately will not choose this hotel.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Unexpectetd free upgrade"
After a late flight arrival all I wanted was a good night sleep, and surly we got that with a free upgraded room which was comfy and calmingw, we slept well and woke up fresh, and we were very pleased with a great breakfast too :-)
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
ASS79
"Superb value for money and a pleasurable stay."
Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Crufts.The room had everything we needed.The bed was surprisingly comfortable and we slept very well indeed.We took advantage of the buffet for the evening meal and weren't dissapointed.Plenty of choice and the Lamb curry was absolutely delicious.The next morning we enjoyed a cooked breakfast and after checking out we were able to use the leisure club facilities.We had a lovely pool , Jacuzzi and steam room all to ourselves for two hours.All in all a very chilled out and restful weekend.The staff were very friendly and attentive too.Would definitely stay again next year.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
gemma
"Good hotel for NEC and airport"
Stayed here for our visit to Crufts at the NEC. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Hotel was clean and rooms were well presented and comfortable. Didn't get time to use the leisure facilities but we took a look and they seemed very nice indeed. Bar and food were a bit pricey but were probably about par for the area/hotel type. Regular minibus shuttle service was a bonus as it meant I didn't have to drive to the NEC, although it is a short and straight forward journey should you wish to do so. Slept like a log and had no issues with any noise, but that could have had something to do with the beers we consumed with the food. Overall, we had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Jonny
"Comfy beds"
Fantastic service, food was delicious, and beds were really comfy.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Loober
"Great Staff, but....."
The only good thing about the Holiday Inn at Birmingham Airport were the staff who were very polite and helpful. However, the rest of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. My room was cold and un-inviting, the A/C unit was not working so a cheap electric radiator had been left in the room. There was hardly;y any heat getting into the bathroom area. The shower head had split down the side and was spraying water all over the place, this was rectified but only after I had to ask for a second time about it. It was very difficult to get the temperature right on the shower mixer and the handbasin tap kept getting 'stuck' in hot mode which meant I was trying to clean my teeth with hot water! There is NO wi-fi in the rooms which I though was very old fashioned. The shuttle bus to the train station/airport id not big enough for the number of people who want to use it and on more than one occasion I was left behind as I could not get a seat. Overall I was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel and I will not be paying a return visit any time soon.
4 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
Dave Foster
"Holiday inn near Birmingham airport"
Staff were very helpful, the room was comfortable, warm and clean. Nice selection at breakfast.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Hotel for Lg Arena"
We stayed here to see beyonce at the Lg. Taxi ride was £6/7 and about 10 min drive to the Lg. Did get stuck in the lift tho for a few minutes so would avoid that! Apart from that, rooms were ok but staff were very helpful. Would stay here again for a short trip as at the end of the day its just somewhere to sleep!
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Nathan
"Hotel needs updating."
The hotel was dated, our room had a portable heater, that would not of heated the bathroom, never mind the bedroom, the bed was very old and every time my husband moved I rolled into the middle. The bathroom was tiny, the bath wasn't full size and the towel rail did not work. we was only given 1 towel and When I asked for more the room attendant looked at me with horror, there was only a few coffee and no milk in the room. the most disappointing thing about the hotel was they charged £8.50 for parking. I would never stay there again.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
cheryl
"Typical hol inn"
It's ok. That's about it. They charge airport prices for average holiday inn food. There is free wifi in the bar, but no wifi at all in the rooms. My phone worked in the room in one position only, but not in the bar... My first room was freezing and was missing a TV remote...I moved to a warmer more comfortable room. I ordered dinner...steak and a salad...the same man ten mins later bought me steak and chips...he said he got mixed up but it was early and only three other diners...nothing terrible really...just a bit shabby.
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2014
Grahambeetle
"Lovely Staff, Very Clean Hotel but Food a Disgrace"
We stayed before and after our holiday over the xmas period. The staff were really lovely at reception, very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Went for evening meal in Bar but the food was very small portions (i.e. 4 garlic prawns in starter), burnt garlic bread and pretty run of mill micro kind of meals which were totally overprices averaging £8 starter and £16 mains just for a curry or piece of chicken. Pity as it spoilt a nice family night. On our return stay when we arrived home we chose to eat in a nearby indian restaurant. Appartently listening to staff and other guests they have this problem with the food very often.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
young
"Very Noisy but nice staff"
Our room was on the ground floor adajacent to a function room that had a party on to the small hours. The music was loud in the room and there were prople barreling up and down the hallway all night! No sleep. :( had to get up at 4am to catch early morn ing flight, not happy at all.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Lovely clean rooms"
We stay for one night. Clean and comfortable rooms. Staff very friendly. There was only one issue the breakfast was in my opinion not value for money as very little chose and was cold. We paid £11.50 for our child to have breakfast. This I think was outrageous.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
meena
"Conveintly located"
Hotel was chosen based on convenience. On addition a Holiday Inn loyalty member so got an upgrade on check-in. Hotel is clean and contemporary.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2013
"Great location but parking is expensive."
I arrived just as the ubiquitous bus loaf of Japanese tourists arrived but the staff saw me first and quickly. Straight toy room, very comfy and well proportioned, especially as I was travelling with a dog. It is difficult to find decent hotels that allow dogs but to all you dog owners out there this is a gem. Only downside is the parking is not free. It cost me £17 for parking from 9pm till 7am. I was warned by the site that a charge for parking is levied and I was happy with this but nothing prepared me for this amount. I had in my hand change for about £8 which I thought was reasonable. Shame as the hotel, staff, room etc. we're spot on. Would consider elsewhere with cheaper parking.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
Mr.Witchertyman
"Handy for the NEC with good shuttle bus service"
This was my third stay here, chosen for the convenience of the shuttle to the NEC making it both easier and cheaper to leave car here next day and use the bus to the halls. Rooms OK although this time I had one on back overlooking airport which was a little noisy up to 23.30 but not excessive. However will try somewhere else next time as there always seems to be some problem. 1st time my keycard wouldn't open room and I had to have it reset. Last year despite having my carpark exit ticket endorsed when I came to leave it wouldn't open the barrier and as there was a queue behind me I had to hold everyone up while I ran back to reception to get it reset. This year I submitted my visa card to be swiped onarrival so that I could charge things to my room but when I tried to order from the bar I was told my room had not been opened so I had to go back to reception where they assured me it was open and by the time I got back to the bar it was. Lastly my chicken and bacon burger (mis-spelt on the menus) was dry and tough as old boots.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Old Hotel"
Seems this hotel was built in the 60s and has remained there! I think a revamp would be in order to make it look appealing both inside and out. Will not stay here again until such things have happened!
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
Phil
"Beware of the carpark charge!"
I had an absolutely lovely refurbished room. really comfortable bed however my work colleague was staying a few doors down from me and he had a tired 70's room so you may want to check what room you're getting when you check in! Was charged £8.50 for parking that I wasn't aware of before I arrived (they told me at reception when I arrived) which I thought was a bit cheeky!
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2013
If you are thinking of booking this hotel DONT , its the worst place l have ever stayed in the staff are so rude and they falsely advertise a shuttle bus and they serve half raw chicken and pass no apology for it .
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2013
"Room cold on arrival"
Bedding old & worn. Wouldn't stay again. Restaurant prices astronmical so went out to eat.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Lyn - Dive show
"Room cold on arrival"
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Lyn - Dive show
"Basic. Average in all respects"
Bed for the night, small basic and just clean enough
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
"Good value and convenient for airport"
All you need from airport hotel but certainly not the lap of luxury. Rooms on the small side and breakfast a rip off at £18 (we didn't eat there). However all in all, Rooms good value, clean and in easy reach of airport and solihull.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013