All hotels in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Birmingham Airport, Coventry RoadBirminghamEnglandB26 3QWUnited Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9227

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Food is all right
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"1 night stay"
Receptionist in the morning wasn't pleasant but the evening receptionist made up for it other than that quiet hotel decent place to stay not at all noisy considering it's right next to the airport
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Syed
"Best hotel!"
We loved our stay at the hotel. Staff were friendly and the hotel was beautiful. Whenever we need a hotel we'll come to this one.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Nazia
"Needs some ongoing investment"
Booked a room with breakfast included as I had an early flight the next day. Filled out a request for breakfast in the room, and it didn't turn up, so had to fly out without breakfast or coffee. The hotel is looking in a bit of a sorry state; I must confess that I am more disappointed with each stay I have in a Holiday Inn.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
"Good Hotel, but the AirCon did not work well"
Good welcome, fast check in and out, good breakfast and bar nibles. The only gripe was that the room was hot and turning the Air/Con on did little to cool it down. We had to open the windows to let some coll air in, at the expense of hearing the street noise. Good hotel for a couple of nights but not more because of the A/C issue. Customer service was great every time we engaged with office staff.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"only 1 reason to stay, the bed!"
I have stayed at this hotel twice on business and have been quite disappointed on each occasion. The first time I stayed: -No working AirCon - 2 calls later and asking to switch rooms got it fixed -Repairman apologised for inconvenience and offered a free drink at the bar, but too tired to after a long day Second Time: The second time I stayed here it took 20 minutes to check in and get in to my room due to reception not programming the key correctly. When I got in to my room it stunk of weed! I opened the windows to air it out and put the aircon on which soon cleared it, still not something you want when staying in a room. The room was disappointing as I had paid for an executive room which was meant to come with an iron/ironing board/minibar and none of these were present. In the morning after having a shower and grabbing a towel I also had the misfortune of drying myself with a towel which had a big black mark on it. Feeling tired I decided to try their room service and ordered dinner. I had a prawn starter which was really nice followed by a burger with chips. The burger didn't taste bad although the half a leave of lettuce which didn't cover the entire bun is hardly what I would call filling in a burger. The main dish was accompanied with a completely empty salt shaker and a spicy tomato sauce which came in a stained red pot which was dirty on the outside.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Simon
"Sleepless night"
The bed was knackered and awful. We couldn't sleep the whole night due to the huge dip in the middle. I expected more from Holiday Inn, as we have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels and travelodge hotels which have been FAR more comfortable, so we were expecting a better product. Had we not been told that the hotel was full we would have asked for a different room.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Can't fault it"
We arrived after a flight back to the UK. The rooms were beautiful and clean and the bed was so comfy. The breakfast was good too!!
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Clean hotel with excellent customer service"
Friendly staff upon arrival at the hotel. Room are clean and spacious and housekeeping is excellent. There is noise cr passers by outside the hotel at night but maybe only at the front of the hotel. I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip and have booked it again for the following 2 weeks
3 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Shahida
"Average hotel"
Marco Piere White restaraunt was a let down, very average. Poor quality pasta, poor menu. Pool is much smaller than it looks in the photos. Has no one invented silent closing hotel doors?
4 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
Amparo
Comfortable stay handy for airport.Clean and not noisy. Did not have any meals at hotel. Excellent check out at 4 30am.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
sm
Menu for room service is inaccurate - small print adds on £5 per tray for room service ! Lovely staff though - Jamie in particular is very good
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Gale
Nice hotel but some of the guests were allowed to be a bit rowdy with nothing being said to them.Very handy for the N.E.C.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Gareth
"One night only"
The hotel had a couple of families staying there who were very noisey. They were using foul language in the bar area in the evening and the noise continued into to night. One of the families were in the room above us and kept me awake until three in the morning. Other than that, the hotel was ok. The room was clean and of a decent size. It had air con that worked well and the bathroom was very good. Pity about those families.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Stuart
"An Enjoyable Eight-Day Vacation"
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport with my friends, we're all from Canada and I can say that the hotel staff were very accommodating, well, except for one frontline Reception Staff (Manager) who was not very accommodating. We had a request for breakfast and without even a second to think about it, he just flatly said NO. We were very disappointed, seeing that we're from another country and it was the first for my friends, we were a bit taken aback. No explanation or anything just downright NO. Proximity to the airport was a major plus also. Other than that, the room was cozy and clean, the bathroom was too, only needed proper ventilation. The shuttle bus service was superb, drivers (Elias and John), Hussein too, were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Overall it was a good experience and we for sure would recommend it to family and friends. After getting back home on Wednesday afternoon and reminiscing on our trip, I forgot to mention an integral part of our stay. The first day ~ last Wednesday morning as I walked through the doors of the hotel, I was greeted by a young man ~ Chris, the Team Leader ~ who called me by name. I was shocked and taken aback to see the personal greeting. My friends were shocked too. So that was the thing that started our pleasant stay at the hotel, then the others fell in as well. A few hiccups here and there in the Restaurant on our last day, but you know what, it's all a part of being on vacation.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Jackie
"Disappointed!!!!"
Was on a business visit. Dont know why but i was offered a a room more suitable to old aged guest with no bath tub and alarms all over. So will take few points off there Was really looking forward to the breakfast in the morning as on my last stay we had a separate menu from where we could order other stuff as well The breakfast was so disappointing that i doubt i will ever book this hotel again. The food was so over cooked as for sausages I would have been better off using a chopping knife. The other stuff looked cooked for a long time. My suggestion would be there is no point filling up breakfast food if guest are less, Better off cooking small quantities so that everyone gets fresh and not covered food since 6 in the morning.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Sarvpreet
"Perfect if visiting the Genting Arena"
Myself and my partner don't stop at hotels very often but we were very impressed. The room was clean and spacious, loved the little extras such as radio in the bathroom and the choice of pillows. The free shuttle service is a great idea, just wish it was obvious where the stop was at the International. The pool was nice and the new restaurant is lovely, staff were really friendly and professional which made our evening.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Dee
"good value"
you feel you out in the middle of nowhere but you do have courtesy? bus which is very good.hotel was very busy but they moved us straight away when we asked ,heating in room 130 not working .
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Maurice
"over night"
Very good judt what was needed
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
rosemarie
"Charmless hotel near freight terminal."
Overnight stop en route from London to Chester. Located near freight terminal so nothing of interest in walkable surrounding area. Being a Saturday there was at least one wedding reception at the hotel and, while the receptionist put us in a room away from the function area, there was a fair bit of noise from the smokers who seemed to gather outside the entrance. There was also a lot of door-banging from inconsiderate guests which we could have done without. Room was fairly basic - as we have come to expect from most UK hotels of this category but bed was fairly comfortable. Newly opened Marco's Italian Restaurant on site was very disappointing. Feedback provided on comment so won't go on about it here except to say that it was a long way short of Carluccio's or Jamie's Italian.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
PETER
"Nice hotel, traveling distance to city centre"
Very good, value for money Enjoy Gym, Jacuzzi and Swimming pool. 7 years old grand son enjoy swimming pool
Other trip May 27, 2015
Yunus
"Excellent, highly recommend."
Myself and my son stayed and had an excellent time. Loved the pool and jacuzzi, the breakfast and room service food. I had problems with my phone charger, reception kindly leant me one.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Claire
"Noisy but comfrey."
On the night we stayed there was a wedding party staying which crept us awake half the night. Could have done with soft close doors, toilet seats and better sound proofing.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"just stayed for one night couldn't fault"
stayed at the hotel for 1 night after a long flight, room was comfortable and clean, quiet even though we were next to a road so good double/triple glazing. Friendly staff and no problems at all.
Other trip May 24, 2015
les
"Hotel ok, staff disinterested"
Hotel itself was ok but staff were totally disinterested. eg. I had requested a twin room not double (bizarre that you couldn't book a room type) as had had an operation - got a double of course, asst manager not interested. They didn't tell us there was a shuttle to station so we forked out on taxis till we knew. Service non existent I'm afraid.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Free Shuttle bus to the NEC."
Great hotel. Close to the NEC, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus. Shame they charge for the car park.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Selina
"Great Hotel & good facilities"
Second time staying here. Great Hotel
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
Lovely 1 night stay. Very clean.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Good stay, would recommend"
We stayed here before flying from the airport, and had a pleasant stay. Hotel was clean and well-maintained, room was also and was comfortable. We were very pleased with the room for what we paid. Pool and jacuzzi are nice. Staff were helpful. We ate in the bar area. We both ordered the lamb which turned out to be mostly fat and gristle rather than meat so we sent them back. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. They replaced our meals with a different curry which was much nicer, and we received a complimentary drink each. Food was very nicely presented. Drinks were expensive, as seems to be the norm at airport hotels. All in all we would recommend the hotel.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"A comfortable stay"
Very comfortable stay, with modern room, and good service. Only negative comment is that the room smelled very strongly of weed. I only mentioned this on departure as I wasn't spending a huge amount of time in the room.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
Holly
"Holiday Inn Birmingham"
Some staff were very polite but I found the reception staff offhand. Noise was terrible (half past one in the morning +) and when I mentioned it to a member of the reception staff their reply was 'they are staying with us for a few weeks'!Swimming pool was great.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"hotel charge"
Hotel was nice not noisy due to airport close. Staff were slow with checking us in and out but polite. Food was nice but again took along time. We have stayed at other holiday inns and never had to pay car park fees this is not right when ur staying at the hotel yes if you're leaving your car while your away on holiday but not just an over night stay
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
mandy
"Great value hotel"
This hotel's reviews really need updating as I thought it excellent with comprehensive Wi-Fi coverage, polite staff who arranged value priced taxis for our party of 18 people on time. The pool was clean and well appointed and the rooms were also well appointed and the decor pleasing. Drinks at the comfortable bar were reasonably priced and breakfast was a buffet offering both continental and full English fare, to satisfy the hungriest guest. Overall, for the price we all thought this a great short stay Hotel and we will certainly recommend to anyone who asks.
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
m o
"Happy customer."
Service with a smile! Clean room and very comfortable bed. Lovely pool. Very pleased. Would stay again.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Angela
"Birmingham Airport Stopover"
Pre-Flight Stay. Free Shuttle runs every 30 mins - excellent!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"very enjoyable!"
we had a lovely weekend and would stay again if needed.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Ron
"Good hotel close to all amenities"
This is a good hotel if you want to be a few minutes drive from motorway, airport, NEC and Birmingham city itself. We had a problem with a leaking toilet in bathroom but the moment we reported it we were moved to another room. The only downside was the price of breakfast, at £15 a head a little bit expensive.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Not your average airport hotel"
A great choice for an overnight stay before an early flight.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Mart
"Handy for the airport"
It was handy for the airport, which was what I wanted. It is a bit in the middle of nowhere. I did try the hotel bar, but it was a bit naff - really poor selection. The staff were friendly and the room was adequate. One gripe about the room was the design of the shower (there was no bath) in that it was floor level and virtually impossible to have a shower without flooding the bathroom floor.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Brilliant hotel, really close to the NEC."
We spent 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport whilst visiting Crufts at the NEC. We are repeat visitors having stayed here 5 or 6 times now. The staff are really attentive and professional, from reception to bar to restaurant to housekeeping. As the hotel is so close to the NEC and dog-friendly it is so reassuring to us that the stay there is also always pleasant. We will be back later this year.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"disappointing location and room"
I was lead to believe from the address (which includes Birmingham Airport on your website, ie not just the hotel name) that I could walk to this hotel from the airport terminal as it was at the airport but it transpired I needed to get a taxi which cost £12. Also there was no iron in the room (which might be as it is only a three star hotel) and as this is marketed as a hotel airport I would imagine it might be frequented by other business users who require an iron The room also had a very peculiar smell (room 115). Overall I would not recommend this hotel and won't use it again as it was poor value for money.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Gemma
"Airport stopover"
Gym and pool were great although the rest of the hotel looked a bit tired. Bed very comfortable, shuttle service smooth, would definitely use this hotel again.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Old, half-refurbished rooms"
Room was in area that was being refurbished and the room was old and half refurbished. Decor was unfinished and it looked rough. Definitely situated in the old part of the hotel.
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Caroline
"Excellent."
Our stay was excellent in every way, from booking in to to booking out.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Albert
"It helps to get the right Holiday Inn"
Good value for the money and only £18 from the airport by cab. The rooms were clean
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Eddie
"good but room was freezing"
Nice clean hotel friendly staff but when we first went in the room was freezing and it had in it was a rubbish electric heater which stank of fish when we turned it on !
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
mark
"Day out Birmingham xams"
Great time it was a shame concert was cancelled at nec but otherwise hotel stay made up for it
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
STEVEN
"Enjoyed"
All staff were very helpful and pleasant in communication.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Ray
"Waiting staff not attentive"
Very disappointed at breakfast. Asked waitress for Earl Grey tea. 10 mins later still no tea. Called waitress over and asked where our tea was. Response was ' Oh we haven't got any and went to leave. Not impressed with that!!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Sue
"Weekend Away"
Hotel very good and friendly. Service was excellent. Food prices at the bar and restaurant very pricey however breakfast was excellent value for money.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Neil
"Not great..."
Very nice people at the Hotel - but the service was 'woeful and pitiful'. 20 minutes to get a drink at the Bar and a full hour to wait for the arrival of dinner post ordering.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014