All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hotel, s front desk is unprofessional. Staff does not pay attention to guests.Parking is overpriced.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
v.g.
The room was nice, but the hotel lobby was crowded with extremely noisy, disruptive children and their parents who just let the children run wild. This lobby situation should be changed! There was one especially nice male desk clerk (tall with glasses) who was very helpful in providing information about good French restaurants in the neighborhood.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"just ok,"
it's ok you just paid a cheaper hotel. there are hair on the bathroom floors. the front staff are not friendly and accommodating and helpful but the room is comfortable to sleep/
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Mhadz
"Stay here only if you can't afford anything else!"
Felt unsafe at this hotel. I complained about screaming and yelling for two hours in the hall outside by door from 1 to 3 am but nothing was done about it. The next day I was told the manager would contact me and he never did. The lowlifes hanging around the front of the hotel are scary. Hotel not close to much at all. Breakfast buffet is terrible. Lobby of hotel is not bad and the room itself acceptable except for the outlets not working so you can't charge your phone. The big AC unit in the middle of the windows blocks your view.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"close to downtown, a bit of a walk to old montreal"
- Check in was quick and painless - staff very helpful with map/directions and Americano Coffee - $23.50/day for car parking is a little pricey though there is the ability to go in and out of the garage. - the room had laminate floors which was different. The room was large and clean. - the only minor down side were the pillows. They were not comfortable for us - too large and overstuffed. -Checkout at 12Noon was appreciated and our car parking was good until 1:00 PM which was helpful. - No breakfast but a Cora's restaurant was 3 blocks away and offered a full hot American breakfast with coffee for $5.92 including tax. (Before 08:00 AM). - The rate of $101 was very reasonable for downtown Montreal.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the Bell Centre."
The hotel staff were very cordial and helpful. I had read several not very flattering reviews of the hotel so I was a little leery. However, the room I had was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. This hotel was only a short distance from the Bell Centre where I was going for a concert. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Hotel Espresso and would stay there again if I went back to Montreal.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Marth
"Perfect location. Very close to down town"
Good
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Laila
"Very good location"
Staff were very helpfiul. Hotel is cose to Sainte Catherine street and walking distance to downtown area where the major activities and shopping areas are. Close to Montreal Jazz Festival venue; China Town and the most important basillicas. Overall a good hotel worth the price. I recommend it to families.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
TSP
"Decent value, close to metro and shops"
Room was nice enough, if not fairly large. Beds were fairly firm memory foam and comfortable. Linoleum floors were fine with me because they were cleaner than carpet could ever be. The place has a bit of a hostel feel to it. Maybe it's a seasonal thing, but the whole building was basically overrun with high school kids. Had some issues with noise first night of a three night stay. If you need some quiet, might want to ask the front desk if you're on a floor with large groups, they were very helpful. Location is good; only a couple of blocks from plenty of bars and restaurants and metro too. Would consider staying there again because rates are hard to beat.
3 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"Simple good hotel"
Clean room, friendly front staff walking distance to many things in Montreal.
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Nice room. Good prices. Hallways looked a little dingy.
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
"Comfortable Euro Style"
Dreamy memory foam mattress, sleek Euro style room with pergo floor (no yucky carpeting), convenient garage, and espresso in the lobby. Very helpful front desk staff. Walk to interesting restaurants. We enjoyed it!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Deb
"1 step above a homeless shelter"
Mold in the shower, parts of structure broken & quickly patched up. Homeless people just freely hanging out in the lobby. Pictures of exercise room, restaurant, bar on web did not match reality. The staff was amazing though.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
waffles
"Espresso every day!!"
This is my second stay at the hotel and met my needs again. The bed was incredible and I slept through the night without a problem. The front desk staff were the best, especially Eric. The room was very clean, parking is great, and the hotel is close to the Crescent Street fun. My only complaints were that the tub did not drain during my shower and the ironing board would not close and fit in the closet. I look forward to my stay next year!!!
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Mike the Espresso lover
"Good value for the price"
We booked very last minute when we had to shift our vacation by a few days and the hotel we had booked could not accomodate. The outside of the hotel is very drab. The lobby is pleasing enough but there is a very odd cast of characters that always seem to be hanging out in the lobby - I never did figure that out. You can get free espresso from the frint desk and my friend loved it. The staff was very helpful with restaurant suggestions. We did not try the onsite restaurant. There is a small store in the lobby but it closes in the middle of the day for a couple of hours. We had a room on the 7th floor. Very spacious, I love that the floors are laminate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the room had a fridge (There is a drugstore 2 blocks away so we stocked up). The bathroom was smallish but clean enough, not vety good water pressure. Very convenient location.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"The staff & rooms are OK, but poor facilities!!!"
The rooms are OK and the staff are excellent, but there is not facilities at the rooms and nothing for eat or drinking...my point is 3.5 - 3.7 of 5.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Amir
"Definitely not for families"
The hotel is located in a bad part of Montreal with lots of weird people around the hotel, specially at night time. The receptionist was nice and polite. The access card for my room did not work at first and it took 3 trips to the 5th floor to have it finally fixed. The room was clean and well kept, but there was a strong smell (maybe glue?) in the room. You also have to pay at extra $22 for the parking, which you have to since the area is really not safe to leave your car outside. I guess if you are single, really short of money, and are going to stay in Montreal for a day, it will be fine. Otherwise, I do not recommend it.
3 night business trip May 25, 2014
Good. Very plain. Arrived very late at night and left 12 hours later. Great place to stay if not looking for immense comfort. Restaurant overpriced.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
I have stayed at this hotel various times. I always enjoy my stay. I was in one of the newer rooms this time with the wood floor, very nicely renovated. I have nothing at all bad to say about this hotel.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Decent Location, dated hotel, high noise level"
The location was decent, about a 5-minute walk from the Green Line (Guy-Concordia) and the Orange Line (Lucien L'Allier). It is also a couple minutes walk away from Cresent Street, where all the bars and clubs are for night life (though it was cold and wasn't that happening when we went). The rooms are dated and we did not have hot water the last day. My biggest gripe with the hotel is the noise level. I am usually a heavy sleeper and go to bed around 2 am on a regular basis. Yet, I was still kept awake with the constant slamming of the doors. The walls were so thin that if a person sneezes in another room, you can hear it. Also, the floor was slanted and it seemed more like an old apartment than a hotel room. I would stay again if I am traveling with guy friends, but would not take my girlfriend here.
3 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2014
Darwin
"run-down hotel"
positives: comfortable bed, good location, great free espresso (not joking) negatives: air conditioner was broken or loud, room was not clean, none of the gym machines worked (2 treadmills and 2 bikes, all broken), no desk chair My guess is that 10 or 15 years ago when it opened, this hotel was pretty nice and that they've decided not to put in the work or money to keep it nice over the years - it's not a bad value for the money, but it's not a nice play to stay
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"This place is ugly"
Low class hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Decent get-a-way on a college student budget"
I basically liked everything! The Hotel Front Desk staff was nice and very helpful. The hallway of our room (5th floor) was a little old looking, but I think they are starting renovations. The restaurant/buffet wasn't that great. The fries were soft, noodles were hard (some were still frozen) and overall of the appearance of the other food was not appealing. Overall, I enjoyed and may go back if I get another good rate.
3 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2014
Jon
"Not luxurious but comfortable"
I only stayed one night while I went to watch a Habs hockey game. Place is close to Bell Centre and price is most reasonable. The room was surprisingly big and had all I needed for one night including wifi connection. I would go back.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Guy
"Very noisey place"
Very noisey place internet wifi Not working staff not helpful Music was so loud in lobby
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
"close to downtown; right next to Bell center"
very large clean rooms; comfortable beds
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Tilda
I have stayed at this hotel many times(at least 10) over the past few years and it seems to be getting worse with each stay. The staff was fine but the room was dirty with dust and dirt visible on the floor in the corners and around the furniture. It was quite cold and the heater in the room was struggling to keep the room warm. At one time it was a Days Inn and was in better shape then. The location is good, an easy walk to the down town shopping area and bars and restaurants. I will not be staying there again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Sal
Hotel was nice considering the price. I stayed around New Years and other hotel guests were very loud when arriving back from the bars. Not sure if its a normal occurrence or bc of the holidays. Hotel itself was clean and simple and located only a block or two from the main down town area
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
"Convenient, but room was not ready immediately"
I liked the fact that the hotel's staff was very friendly and accommodating. My feedback would be that I attempted to check in at 2 pm but was told there was no room ready until 3 or 4 pm. I walked around downtown Montreal and came back later in the day and got a nice large room. My room also had a computer with monitor, which was very unique and unusual for many hotels so that's a bonus. My room was also a bit noisy, but not too loud that interrupted my sleep.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Jay
"for the price not bad .. had i paid full price ?"
I never got housekeeping service the first day .. i noticed the housekeeping staff was still working at 7 pm . i did not want to be bothered at that hour.. the hotel itself was kind of dingy and dirty unlike the photos they post on line . it was very convienent and located close to all the happenings of the city how ever .. for the money it was worth it . but it was not the ritz by any means .. it smelled of cigarettes and there were shady looking indians in the lobby most of the time ..
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
kris
I would stay here again. Worth what we paid.
1 night business trip Dec 25, 2013
Adam
"Holiday Trip"
We have stayed at this hotel in the past and been very satisfied with it. Great location, one block from Metro, 5 minute walk to Bell Centre and many restaurants. Good price. Garage parking as well. This time around we had noisy neighbors across the hall and had to speak to them ourselves after calling the front desk to no avail. Our room was not well cleaned by housekeeping and we had drink rings on the bedside table and glass shards in the bathroom. However, when we told the manager they offered to move us, but we declined as we'd settled in for the night. They took off our parking fees instead the next morning. We plan to continue staying here in the future as it is a good, safe, convenient and nice hotel. Good customer service.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
This was a very nice hotel and great service from staff. Very cclose to metro and very good location.
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2013
marlon
"not bad for the price"
Parking is an additional 22.00, so be sure to factor that into your price. The hotel was great for the price, even though they lost my reservation, but it was quickly resolved. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great accommodations; convenient location!"
The accommodations were spacious and clean. The location was very convenient and the staff is excellent! Great buy for the money!
2 night trip Nov 18, 2013
T. Hall
"Close to Rue Sainte Catherine shopping district"
The staff was quite nice and helpful and make a terrific complimentary espresso. I had a renovated room with hard-surface floors which I appreciate as it seems more hygenic. However I do not understand why anyone selects white grout for bathroom floors if they do not intend to keep the grout white. They should have picked a color grout that doesn't show a lack of hands and knees scrubbing. The lobby is an odd hangout, I'm not sure if this is also a residential hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
Jill
"Bang for the Buck"
This hotel was conveniently located to nearby shopping and the metro station. The hotel offered garage parking (for a fee, of course). The condition of the hotel was not bad, given most hotels in Montreal are not the best. The room was comfortable and the bed was absolutely amazing! The hotel staff were very polite. My only gripe about the stay was the fact that there was a group of gypsies that were living in the hotel lobby. We would wake up early, they would be down there. We would come back mid-day, they would be there. We would come in late at night, they would be there. Absolutely the creepiest thing I've ever seen!
3 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2013
Sean
"Location close to everything we wanted to see"
Excellent service from the hotel staff
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
Nikki
My husband and I stayed here overnight on a short visit to Montreal. it's in a great location, we walked to great shopping, sights, cafes and restaurants. The room was clean. The one drawback-the wood floors and thin walls make the rooms/halls incredibly noisy. Downtown Montreal is near three universities, so lots of students were staying at the hotel and we had the joy of being woke up at 2am to several drunk, loud girls screaming and laughing. I couldn't tell if it was coming from the hall or the next room; it was really loud. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up to deal with them but the noise continued for an hour until they passed out (they were next door to us).
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
R
"comfortable inn and close enough"
comfortable, nice bedding, toilet not fancy but good to use
4 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great location for our needs"
This was our third time staying at this location. It was very convenient pleasant.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2013
T Smith
"Value for the cost."
Everything was adequate or above. The amenities were somewhat dated but clean and working. It was very convenient to downtown, Old Montreal and the Metro. For the cost of the room it was a true value. I would stay again.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2013
R. James
"Borderline Motel."
Worst hotel experience ever. - upon arrival our room had pieces of garbage on the ground - air conditioner leaked - complained to front desk, moved us to a new room - requested for minifridge as our previous room, but was denied - - moved us back to our previous room for the sake of the minifridge (used for medicine) - 2 elevators, 1 was broken which caused a lot of waiting/traffic - front desk gave no apology for any of the inconveniences.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Hippos Inlove
"Solid."
Location great - bus from train station stopped right in front. Near lots of Bixi bikes to explore the city. Free espresso shots at the front desk whenever you want actually tasty and a delightful way to start the day. Room was pleasant and clean with comfortable beds. Given the reasonable rates, I'd totally stay there again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"hotel"
location was nice. hotel was okay. bed were uncomfortable and water backed up when trying to shower, wasn't terribly dirty though. I didn't hate it though I wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
b
"Staff is very warm and friendly"
Our brief stay in the hotel made us very comfortable since we drove more than 5 hours from Toronto.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Loves this hotel. Definitely staying there again!"
Great hotel. Loved the location, friendly staff, and the condition of the hotel. Definitely staying there again when I go back!
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Lei
"Free Expresso at teh Expresso hotel"
Free coffee is a nice touch. Hotel is starting to be in need of renovations. Not bad but far from great.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Ken
"Restaurant & Bar?"
I recently stayed at Hotel Espresso with my boyfriend. We arrived in Montreal around dinnertime and were hoping to get a drink and maybe something to eat at the hotel bar. We walked in the bar area, and no one was around. We stood there for three or four minutes and realized no one was coming to serve us - so we left. Otherwise, the accommodations were typical of an older hotel. Nothing overly special.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Emski
"Needs a major update"
The best thing about Hotel Espresso is the proximity to Chez La Mere Michel. A wonderful restaurant not to be missed within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013