All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

"beautiful room, great service"
beautiful spacious rooms, very clean, excellent service, very close to st catherine st, bell centre, etc. would stay here again if coming to Montreal
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
steven
"Very near Concordia"
We did a late checkout (2 hours). Although the price was a bit steep (1/3rd of the daily rate), the hotel staff was very helpful and explained all the options well. Parking in downtown is generally costly (20$ and higher). This hotel is no exception (~24$). But they had a nice extended parking option through which they let me park up until 7pm the next day (even though my hotel reservation expired). Overall, very nice and worth the price.
1 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
"Prime location, comfy beds, weird people"
There is a bus stop from the airport a few steps away from the front door of the hotel and the bus back is only 3 min walk away. walking distance to metro Lucien L'Allier and Guy Concordia, the Bell Center. prime locatiob for sure. we loved the laminate floors, super clean . The beds and pillows are a-ma-zing!! Super comfy. But...the hallways are dark, not much light, the walls are made of cardboard, can hear tv, adjacent room, people in hallway. Strange people sitting in lobby and outside the entrance door. I would not want to stay there by myself being a woman or recommend this hotel to a woman by herself. There is a police station right accross the street, that made me feel better. overall, definitely a plus for the money.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"reasonable town centre location"
The hotel needs a serious makeover. Too old of furniture, therefore, not as clean as it should be. Espresso machine is a nice touch.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Frank S.
"best hotel i ever stayed at"
wow this location this hotel this room was the best
4 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Nice staff and loved our room. It was on the 6 floor. I think the best rooms are on 6th and 7th floor since those floors were recently renovated. Had a pleasant stay at this hotel.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Jonathan
"Clean comfortable hotel"
Room was very clean, bed very comfortable with 46 in flat tv. In room cartridge cofee maker. Only complaint was that parking was expensive and a little higher than advertised on Expedia ie 24$. Also, arrived early in the morning with the intent of just leaving my car and bags. They stated they had rooms available for early checkin but wanted 30$ for this privledge.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
jack
"GREAT BARGAIN!"
Perfect location, walking distance to everything important! Hotel desk clerk unbelievably helpful and informative. Large room with king bed, and huge bathroom with jaccuzzi tub (for two!). I would definately stay here again!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"Espresso"
Needs updated badly! It seemed like many of the guests are receiving treatment at the hospital or are there for long stays. Lots of people sitting around in wheel chairs, etc.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Joy
The bed was VERY comfortable, a temperpedic mattress. Room was clean and staff was VERY nice.
2 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2014
TT
"Affordable hotel in downtown Montreal"
Hotel room were clean and bed was comfortable. If you are looking for something less expensive than this is good.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Shahid
"Not bad for the price"
Stayed here for the first time on a long weekend in Montreal. Clean room, comfortable bed.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"just what we needed"
easily put, was a bachelor party, 7 of us across 3 rooms. beds were comfortable, AC worked well, rooms were clean, TV had a respectable number of channels on it for browsing, american channels included. great location, did not need a cab all weekend, and the pool was an added summer bonus, as the cool off was certainly needed.
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
Sean
Room and halls could use updating but clean. Room and bed was comfortable. Free coffee/ espresso was very good.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nice beds but little else"
Always had to wait 10 minutes for an elevator (they need at least three more for the quantity of guests). Receptionists were nice but overworked and hard to access as they unbelievably had to simultaneously check-in guests, serve espresso, and act as concierges! Beds were very nice, but otherwise room was very spartan (e.g., nothing in min-fridge, only a few basic toiletries provided). Ok 10-minute walking distance from Saint Catherine's but immediate surrounding neighborhood of the hotel is quite gritty, run-down, and undeveloped. Will try somewhere else next time I'm in Montreal.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Andre was the front desk person and he was great and imformative - nice to everyone
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
JC Goffe
"Not as I expected"
The hotel was a little disapinting after contrasting the pictures with the hotel itself. They give me a huge room but it was not very clean. They carpet was pretty dirty and they didn't do the bed properly. It seemed after coming from a long day that they room was pretty similar as we leave it. Also the hotel is not very well located if you are going for tourism, it is far from the old city and the neighborhood was not the best.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Rid
"Decent hotel -Fine for the price paid"
The experience we had at the Hotel Espresso was good overall. Nothing fantastic and since we got a great rate using the Expedia last minute, unannounced deal it was live able.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
chris
"Convenient location near metro"
We upgraded the room to the renovated ones on the 6th and 7th floor (additional 20CAD per night) and the room was great. The walls are a little thin so beware of loud neighbors. The hotel is located near downtown and is walking distance from the shopping, and it's 3 mins away from the closest metro. On site parking allows in and out access (we didn't use that since we took the metro everywhere) and there is an entrance to the parking garage right next to the hotel reception area. Wifi was fast and we had only one issue with it stopped working during our 3 night stay and calling the reception fixed the issue right away.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Cindy
"Staying in Montreal"
This hotel overcharged their regular rate by 5 times for us because they had a music festival in town and everyone else was doing it. It seemed that at least a dozen people were living there long term because they loitered at the front entrance and in the lobby and in the parking garage- staring at us and being vulgar at times. This hotel might have been OK if we paid their usual rate of 120-160/night. But they charged us 400+ a night. My children and I did not feel safe. It also needs some upkeep.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
sw
Hotel, s front desk is unprofessional. Staff does not pay attention to guests.Parking is overpriced.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
v.g.
The room was nice, but the hotel lobby was crowded with extremely noisy, disruptive children and their parents who just let the children run wild. This lobby situation should be changed! There was one especially nice male desk clerk (tall with glasses) who was very helpful in providing information about good French restaurants in the neighborhood.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"just ok,"
it's ok you just paid a cheaper hotel. there are hair on the bathroom floors. the front staff are not friendly and accommodating and helpful but the room is comfortable to sleep/
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Mhadz
"Stay here only if you can't afford anything else!"
Felt unsafe at this hotel. I complained about screaming and yelling for two hours in the hall outside by door from 1 to 3 am but nothing was done about it. The next day I was told the manager would contact me and he never did. The lowlifes hanging around the front of the hotel are scary. Hotel not close to much at all. Breakfast buffet is terrible. Lobby of hotel is not bad and the room itself acceptable except for the outlets not working so you can't charge your phone. The big AC unit in the middle of the windows blocks your view.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"close to downtown, a bit of a walk to old montreal"
- Check in was quick and painless - staff very helpful with map/directions and Americano Coffee - $23.50/day for car parking is a little pricey though there is the ability to go in and out of the garage. - the room had laminate floors which was different. The room was large and clean. - the only minor down side were the pillows. They were not comfortable for us - too large and overstuffed. -Checkout at 12Noon was appreciated and our car parking was good until 1:00 PM which was helpful. - No breakfast but a Cora's restaurant was 3 blocks away and offered a full hot American breakfast with coffee for $5.92 including tax. (Before 08:00 AM). - The rate of $101 was very reasonable for downtown Montreal.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the Bell Centre."
The hotel staff were very cordial and helpful. I had read several not very flattering reviews of the hotel so I was a little leery. However, the room I had was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. This hotel was only a short distance from the Bell Centre where I was going for a concert. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Hotel Espresso and would stay there again if I went back to Montreal.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Marth
"Perfect location. Very close to down town"
Good
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Laila
"Very good location"
Staff were very helpfiul. Hotel is cose to Sainte Catherine street and walking distance to downtown area where the major activities and shopping areas are. Close to Montreal Jazz Festival venue; China Town and the most important basillicas. Overall a good hotel worth the price. I recommend it to families.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
TSP
"Decent value, close to metro and shops"
Room was nice enough, if not fairly large. Beds were fairly firm memory foam and comfortable. Linoleum floors were fine with me because they were cleaner than carpet could ever be. The place has a bit of a hostel feel to it. Maybe it's a seasonal thing, but the whole building was basically overrun with high school kids. Had some issues with noise first night of a three night stay. If you need some quiet, might want to ask the front desk if you're on a floor with large groups, they were very helpful. Location is good; only a couple of blocks from plenty of bars and restaurants and metro too. Would consider staying there again because rates are hard to beat.
3 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"Simple good hotel"
Clean room, friendly front staff walking distance to many things in Montreal.
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Nice room. Good prices. Hallways looked a little dingy.
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
"Comfortable Euro Style"
Dreamy memory foam mattress, sleek Euro style room with pergo floor (no yucky carpeting), convenient garage, and espresso in the lobby. Very helpful front desk staff. Walk to interesting restaurants. We enjoyed it!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Deb
"1 step above a homeless shelter"
Mold in the shower, parts of structure broken & quickly patched up. Homeless people just freely hanging out in the lobby. Pictures of exercise room, restaurant, bar on web did not match reality. The staff was amazing though.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
waffles
"Espresso every day!!"
This is my second stay at the hotel and met my needs again. The bed was incredible and I slept through the night without a problem. The front desk staff were the best, especially Eric. The room was very clean, parking is great, and the hotel is close to the Crescent Street fun. My only complaints were that the tub did not drain during my shower and the ironing board would not close and fit in the closet. I look forward to my stay next year!!!
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Mike the Espresso lover
"Good value for the price"
We booked very last minute when we had to shift our vacation by a few days and the hotel we had booked could not accomodate. The outside of the hotel is very drab. The lobby is pleasing enough but there is a very odd cast of characters that always seem to be hanging out in the lobby - I never did figure that out. You can get free espresso from the frint desk and my friend loved it. The staff was very helpful with restaurant suggestions. We did not try the onsite restaurant. There is a small store in the lobby but it closes in the middle of the day for a couple of hours. We had a room on the 7th floor. Very spacious, I love that the floors are laminate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the room had a fridge (There is a drugstore 2 blocks away so we stocked up). The bathroom was smallish but clean enough, not vety good water pressure. Very convenient location.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"The staff & rooms are OK, but poor facilities!!!"
The rooms are OK and the staff are excellent, but there is not facilities at the rooms and nothing for eat or drinking...my point is 3.5 - 3.7 of 5.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Amir
"Definitely not for families"
The hotel is located in a bad part of Montreal with lots of weird people around the hotel, specially at night time. The receptionist was nice and polite. The access card for my room did not work at first and it took 3 trips to the 5th floor to have it finally fixed. The room was clean and well kept, but there was a strong smell (maybe glue?) in the room. You also have to pay at extra $22 for the parking, which you have to since the area is really not safe to leave your car outside. I guess if you are single, really short of money, and are going to stay in Montreal for a day, it will be fine. Otherwise, I do not recommend it.
3 night business trip May 25, 2014
Good. Very plain. Arrived very late at night and left 12 hours later. Great place to stay if not looking for immense comfort. Restaurant overpriced.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
I have stayed at this hotel various times. I always enjoy my stay. I was in one of the newer rooms this time with the wood floor, very nicely renovated. I have nothing at all bad to say about this hotel.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Decent Location, dated hotel, high noise level"
The location was decent, about a 5-minute walk from the Green Line (Guy-Concordia) and the Orange Line (Lucien L'Allier). It is also a couple minutes walk away from Cresent Street, where all the bars and clubs are for night life (though it was cold and wasn't that happening when we went). The rooms are dated and we did not have hot water the last day. My biggest gripe with the hotel is the noise level. I am usually a heavy sleeper and go to bed around 2 am on a regular basis. Yet, I was still kept awake with the constant slamming of the doors. The walls were so thin that if a person sneezes in another room, you can hear it. Also, the floor was slanted and it seemed more like an old apartment than a hotel room. I would stay again if I am traveling with guy friends, but would not take my girlfriend here.
3 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2014
Darwin
"run-down hotel"
positives: comfortable bed, good location, great free espresso (not joking) negatives: air conditioner was broken or loud, room was not clean, none of the gym machines worked (2 treadmills and 2 bikes, all broken), no desk chair My guess is that 10 or 15 years ago when it opened, this hotel was pretty nice and that they've decided not to put in the work or money to keep it nice over the years - it's not a bad value for the money, but it's not a nice play to stay
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"This place is ugly"
Low class hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Decent get-a-way on a college student budget"
I basically liked everything! The Hotel Front Desk staff was nice and very helpful. The hallway of our room (5th floor) was a little old looking, but I think they are starting renovations. The restaurant/buffet wasn't that great. The fries were soft, noodles were hard (some were still frozen) and overall of the appearance of the other food was not appealing. Overall, I enjoyed and may go back if I get another good rate.
3 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2014
Jon
"Not luxurious but comfortable"
I only stayed one night while I went to watch a Habs hockey game. Place is close to Bell Centre and price is most reasonable. The room was surprisingly big and had all I needed for one night including wifi connection. I would go back.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Guy
"Very noisey place"
Very noisey place internet wifi Not working staff not helpful Music was so loud in lobby
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
"close to downtown; right next to Bell center"
very large clean rooms; comfortable beds
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Tilda
I have stayed at this hotel many times(at least 10) over the past few years and it seems to be getting worse with each stay. The staff was fine but the room was dirty with dust and dirt visible on the floor in the corners and around the furniture. It was quite cold and the heater in the room was struggling to keep the room warm. At one time it was a Days Inn and was in better shape then. The location is good, an easy walk to the down town shopping area and bars and restaurants. I will not be staying there again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Sal
Hotel was nice considering the price. I stayed around New Years and other hotel guests were very loud when arriving back from the bars. Not sure if its a normal occurrence or bc of the holidays. Hotel itself was clean and simple and located only a block or two from the main down town area
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
"Convenient, but room was not ready immediately"
I liked the fact that the hotel's staff was very friendly and accommodating. My feedback would be that I attempted to check in at 2 pm but was told there was no room ready until 3 or 4 pm. I walked around downtown Montreal and came back later in the day and got a nice large room. My room also had a computer with monitor, which was very unique and unusual for many hotels so that's a bonus. My room was also a bit noisy, but not too loud that interrupted my sleep.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Jay
"for the price not bad .. had i paid full price ?"
I never got housekeeping service the first day .. i noticed the housekeeping staff was still working at 7 pm . i did not want to be bothered at that hour.. the hotel itself was kind of dingy and dirty unlike the photos they post on line . it was very convienent and located close to all the happenings of the city how ever .. for the money it was worth it . but it was not the ritz by any means .. it smelled of cigarettes and there were shady looking indians in the lobby most of the time ..
Other trip Dec 29, 2013