All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1005 rue Guy, Montreal, QC, H3H2K4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good. Very plain. Arrived very late at night and left 12 hours later. Great place to stay if not looking for immense comfort. Restaurant overpriced.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
I have stayed at this hotel various times. I always enjoy my stay. I was in one of the newer rooms this time with the wood floor, very nicely renovated. I have nothing at all bad to say about this hotel.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Decent Location, dated hotel, high noise level"
The location was decent, about a 5-minute walk from the Green Line (Guy-Concordia) and the Orange Line (Lucien L'Allier). It is also a couple minutes walk away from Cresent Street, where all the bars and clubs are for night life (though it was cold and wasn't that happening when we went). The rooms are dated and we did not have hot water the last day. My biggest gripe with the hotel is the noise level. I am usually a heavy sleeper and go to bed around 2 am on a regular basis. Yet, I was still kept awake with the constant slamming of the doors. The walls were so thin that if a person sneezes in another room, you can hear it. Also, the floor was slanted and it seemed more like an old apartment than a hotel room. I would stay again if I am traveling with guy friends, but would not take my girlfriend here.
3 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2014
Darwin
"run-down hotel"
positives: comfortable bed, good location, great free espresso (not joking) negatives: air conditioner was broken or loud, room was not clean, none of the gym machines worked (2 treadmills and 2 bikes, all broken), no desk chair My guess is that 10 or 15 years ago when it opened, this hotel was pretty nice and that they've decided not to put in the work or money to keep it nice over the years - it's not a bad value for the money, but it's not a nice play to stay
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"This place is ugly"
Low class hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Decent get-a-way on a college student budget"
I basically liked everything! The Hotel Front Desk staff was nice and very helpful. The hallway of our room (5th floor) was a little old looking, but I think they are starting renovations. The restaurant/buffet wasn't that great. The fries were soft, noodles were hard (some were still frozen) and overall of the appearance of the other food was not appealing. Overall, I enjoyed and may go back if I get another good rate.
3 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2014
Jon
"Not luxurious but comfortable"
I only stayed one night while I went to watch a Habs hockey game. Place is close to Bell Centre and price is most reasonable. The room was surprisingly big and had all I needed for one night including wifi connection. I would go back.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Guy
"Very noisey place"
Very noisey place internet wifi Not working staff not helpful Music was so loud in lobby
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
"close to downtown; right next to Bell center"
very large clean rooms; comfortable beds
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Tilda
I have stayed at this hotel many times(at least 10) over the past few years and it seems to be getting worse with each stay. The staff was fine but the room was dirty with dust and dirt visible on the floor in the corners and around the furniture. It was quite cold and the heater in the room was struggling to keep the room warm. At one time it was a Days Inn and was in better shape then. The location is good, an easy walk to the down town shopping area and bars and restaurants. I will not be staying there again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Sal
Hotel was nice considering the price. I stayed around New Years and other hotel guests were very loud when arriving back from the bars. Not sure if its a normal occurrence or bc of the holidays. Hotel itself was clean and simple and located only a block or two from the main down town area
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
"Convenient, but room was not ready immediately"
I liked the fact that the hotel's staff was very friendly and accommodating. My feedback would be that I attempted to check in at 2 pm but was told there was no room ready until 3 or 4 pm. I walked around downtown Montreal and came back later in the day and got a nice large room. My room also had a computer with monitor, which was very unique and unusual for many hotels so that's a bonus. My room was also a bit noisy, but not too loud that interrupted my sleep.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Jay
"for the price not bad .. had i paid full price ?"
I never got housekeeping service the first day .. i noticed the housekeeping staff was still working at 7 pm . i did not want to be bothered at that hour.. the hotel itself was kind of dingy and dirty unlike the photos they post on line . it was very convienent and located close to all the happenings of the city how ever .. for the money it was worth it . but it was not the ritz by any means .. it smelled of cigarettes and there were shady looking indians in the lobby most of the time ..
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
kris
I would stay here again. Worth what we paid.
1 night business trip Dec 25, 2013
Adam
"Holiday Trip"
We have stayed at this hotel in the past and been very satisfied with it. Great location, one block from Metro, 5 minute walk to Bell Centre and many restaurants. Good price. Garage parking as well. This time around we had noisy neighbors across the hall and had to speak to them ourselves after calling the front desk to no avail. Our room was not well cleaned by housekeeping and we had drink rings on the bedside table and glass shards in the bathroom. However, when we told the manager they offered to move us, but we declined as we'd settled in for the night. They took off our parking fees instead the next morning. We plan to continue staying here in the future as it is a good, safe, convenient and nice hotel. Good customer service.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
This was a very nice hotel and great service from staff. Very cclose to metro and very good location.
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2013
marlon
"not bad for the price"
Parking is an additional 22.00, so be sure to factor that into your price. The hotel was great for the price, even though they lost my reservation, but it was quickly resolved. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great accommodations; convenient location!"
The accommodations were spacious and clean. The location was very convenient and the staff is excellent! Great buy for the money!
2 night trip Nov 18, 2013
T. Hall
"Close to Rue Sainte Catherine shopping district"
The staff was quite nice and helpful and make a terrific complimentary espresso. I had a renovated room with hard-surface floors which I appreciate as it seems more hygenic. However I do not understand why anyone selects white grout for bathroom floors if they do not intend to keep the grout white. They should have picked a color grout that doesn't show a lack of hands and knees scrubbing. The lobby is an odd hangout, I'm not sure if this is also a residential hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
Jill
"Bang for the Buck"
This hotel was conveniently located to nearby shopping and the metro station. The hotel offered garage parking (for a fee, of course). The condition of the hotel was not bad, given most hotels in Montreal are not the best. The room was comfortable and the bed was absolutely amazing! The hotel staff were very polite. My only gripe about the stay was the fact that there was a group of gypsies that were living in the hotel lobby. We would wake up early, they would be down there. We would come back mid-day, they would be there. We would come in late at night, they would be there. Absolutely the creepiest thing I've ever seen!
3 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2013
Sean
"Location close to everything we wanted to see"
Excellent service from the hotel staff
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
Nikki
My husband and I stayed here overnight on a short visit to Montreal. it's in a great location, we walked to great shopping, sights, cafes and restaurants. The room was clean. The one drawback-the wood floors and thin walls make the rooms/halls incredibly noisy. Downtown Montreal is near three universities, so lots of students were staying at the hotel and we had the joy of being woke up at 2am to several drunk, loud girls screaming and laughing. I couldn't tell if it was coming from the hall or the next room; it was really loud. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up to deal with them but the noise continued for an hour until they passed out (they were next door to us).
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
R
"comfortable inn and close enough"
comfortable, nice bedding, toilet not fancy but good to use
4 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great location for our needs"
This was our third time staying at this location. It was very convenient pleasant.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2013
T Smith
"Value for the cost."
Everything was adequate or above. The amenities were somewhat dated but clean and working. It was very convenient to downtown, Old Montreal and the Metro. For the cost of the room it was a true value. I would stay again.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2013
R. James
"Borderline Motel."
Worst hotel experience ever. - upon arrival our room had pieces of garbage on the ground - air conditioner leaked - complained to front desk, moved us to a new room - requested for minifridge as our previous room, but was denied - - moved us back to our previous room for the sake of the minifridge (used for medicine) - 2 elevators, 1 was broken which caused a lot of waiting/traffic - front desk gave no apology for any of the inconveniences.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Hippos Inlove
"Solid."
Location great - bus from train station stopped right in front. Near lots of Bixi bikes to explore the city. Free espresso shots at the front desk whenever you want actually tasty and a delightful way to start the day. Room was pleasant and clean with comfortable beds. Given the reasonable rates, I'd totally stay there again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"hotel"
location was nice. hotel was okay. bed were uncomfortable and water backed up when trying to shower, wasn't terribly dirty though. I didn't hate it though I wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
b
"Staff is very warm and friendly"
Our brief stay in the hotel made us very comfortable since we drove more than 5 hours from Toronto.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Loves this hotel. Definitely staying there again!"
Great hotel. Loved the location, friendly staff, and the condition of the hotel. Definitely staying there again when I go back!
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Lei
"Free Expresso at teh Expresso hotel"
Free coffee is a nice touch. Hotel is starting to be in need of renovations. Not bad but far from great.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Ken
"Restaurant & Bar?"
I recently stayed at Hotel Espresso with my boyfriend. We arrived in Montreal around dinnertime and were hoping to get a drink and maybe something to eat at the hotel bar. We walked in the bar area, and no one was around. We stood there for three or four minutes and realized no one was coming to serve us - so we left. Otherwise, the accommodations were typical of an older hotel. Nothing overly special.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Emski
"Needs a major update"
The best thing about Hotel Espresso is the proximity to Chez La Mere Michel. A wonderful restaurant not to be missed within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
ism
"terrible first impression"
The hotel did make changes and fixed our initial issues, however, no one should have ever been given the room we were. Lights were not working, wifi in room didn't work, missing an ironing board, the ceiling in the bathroom shower was crumbling with mold, and the toilet didn't flush well. After complaining the next morning, we were upgraded to a nicer room, but they should have never rented it out in the condition it was in. Staff was friendly and accommodating, but I wouldn't recommend again. Also, the hotel is a layover for the sickly indigenous people of the northern part of Canada, so the lobby is full of patients waiting to get medical treatment at the nearby medical center, it almost looked like a welfare hotel at first glance when you walked in.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
visitingmcgill
"good hotel for the price"
The staff was professional and efficient. My request for a room with two beds was granted. We had the buffet for dinner which was the only negative aspect of our visit there. The quality and condition of the food (dry and tasteless) left something to be desired. There were out of the norm people usually present in the lobby. Later we learned they were Cree Indians being brought to Montreal for medical attention after the loss of their hospital in a fire back in their village in the James Bay area. It was not a problem.. I wish them well while their hospital is being rebuilt. The room was in good condition, large, light and the beds comfortable.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
richard
"Just a one night stay on way thru Montreal"
Renovated room was nice and hotel was close enough to walk to different places in downtown Montreal
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
Ken
Very professionally staffed, with an OK restaurant. I e-mailed the hotel after my stay & they didn't respond which was disappointing.
3 night family trip Sep 9, 2013
Pete
"can be a nightmare..or a dream"
First night we got a horrible room. Running toilet. Mildew in the bathroom. Broken coffee machine. swollen and flaking ceiling in the room and bathroom. Drunken patrons on the floor partying with doors open , fuzzy TV. and old desktop that was humming. Horrible night The staff reacted with care and swiftness. Cindy gets special mention. Upon complaining...bath fixed, pot replaced within 30 min. When she found out about the ceiling, she gave us another room. Night and day!! totally renovated....granite sink..gleaming faucets, keurigg coffee machine, great coffee, working tv, intact ceiling, clean and bright room with comfortable bed and accessories. LESSON: ask to see the room!! Having taken care of that...the hotel is well located in downtown. Very convenient to get to everywhere. Staff very very helpful..from the front desk to the maintenance person. My rating reflects the average review of the first room and second. The first is less than 1..the second room 4.5
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Al
"great location near Concordia, Atwater and downtow"
We found this Hotel an ideal location. It was close to our son, near Atwater as wel as Concordia and only a short drive from Mt Royal, McGill and Downtown Montreal. The room was clean as was the gym and pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a good experience which is one we hope to repeat on our next trip to Montreal.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Robyn
"Average,"
Ok hotel. Rooms were clean and beds big and comfortable. Wifi did not work in my room. I used the business center on 2nd floor. Don't expect anything new or exciting here, just a clean standard hotel ....you could do worse in Montreal.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
Eddie C
"Brought friends to Montreal"
I stay here many times before always positive and this time Was no different
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Nicely surprised"
Great value!!! Our room was beautifully upgraded and clean , staff was very nice . Great value for the money . It was little far from old town - about 30 min walk but still manageable . We enjoyed the stay very much
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
anya
"Rooms"
Rooms were full of dust because the floors were wooden rather than carpet. Absolutely against staying there again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"clean, good service"
It was a fine stay, close to a bar section of town and not too far from one of the main drags. On hind sight a little closer to Old Montreal would have been preferable, though the metro wasn't far and was very easy to use.
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"Meh"
Not bad if you just want to stay a night for a hockey game, otherwise it's too far away for the more fun Old Montreal stuff. Awful room service.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"It is definitely a not 4 star hotel!!"
This hotel could be a 2 1/2 star, but not a 4 star as it is indicated. Long lines for check-in/ check out, old, low maintenance, and you do not get the cozy feeling in the rooms.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Close to downtown. Excellent transport access."
Helpful staff, great location, good price. Rooms clean and facilities good.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
fats
"It was a nice hotel, room is pretty comfortable"
Great, nice overall awesome. I recommend this hotel for all who want to visit montreal / Great, nice overall awesome. I recommend this hotel for all who want to visit montreal / Great, nice overall awesome. I recommend this hotel for all who want to visit montreal /Great, nice overall awesome. I recommend this hotel for all who want to visit montreal
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Great location, crappy facility"
Peeling paint, broken elevators, drunken clientele. Not the best experience to say the least
Other trip Aug 29, 2013