All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
372 The Strand, London, England, WC2R 0JJ, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel has refurbished many of the rooms. The location is great, with theatre and attractions within reasonable walking distance.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Tired old hotel in great location"
We stayed because of the location. The doorman was great. The floor hall rugs were tired and 2 different shades due to over (or many) cleanings. The room was small but adequate, the bed nice. The lights in the bath were set in the ceiling in back of the person using the sink, making it hard to shave successfully. When trying to get tickets to a show, the first try we were turned off by the attitude of the concierge, in America we would say we were being hustled by a "used car salesman". We did go back to another person at the desk who acted like we were wasting his time while picking our seat from the chart. We did not take the breakfast option and we're glad we didn't as we tried it once and the eggs were rubbery, the ham was tough, the toast was burnt by their machine, the coffee horrible. For less than half the price within a couple of blocks we found great breakfast at Pret a Manger, Nero Cafe, and others.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Theo
"Location is good"
Great location, small rooms with very thin walls!
4 night trip Apr 23, 2015
"Very good value"
The hotel is well run and the staff is great. Location is wonderful. The room and bathroom as adequate but the bathroom could use some shelves for cosmetics and another towel bar, as well as a couple of hooks. As in many hotels, the light switch is outside the bathroom door. If one person gets up in the night and turns on the switch, the room is illumimated. Wouldn't be hard to have another switch on the inside wall of the bathroom. We have been to London several times and feel this is the best location. The breakfast is very nice and we liked the hotel wifi.
8 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Coralie
"Very convenient, reasonable price"
Very convenient location- right in the heart of London theater, Covenant Garden, Trafalgar square. Near to Buckingham palace, house of Parliament and Westminster abbey. The room was very clean, the staff was pleasant and helpful. The maid forgot to leave a bath towel for me one day but they were very good after I told them about this. The breakfast was included in the room rate and was a decent spread with cold and hot dishes. There was something for everyone. The fruit salad was fresh. It was fairly quiet at night. I suspect it is not air conditioned as there was a fan in my closet and no evidence of vents.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
DJ
"Definite improvement!"
I've stayed here many times before and haven't really been impressed, however I definitely noticed an improvement, this time I stayed in an exec room, and it was great! From the hotel staff to the amenities you can really see they are trying to upgrade, and was tempted to ask if they were under new management.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Liza
Excellent hotel in a nice part of London. The staff was very accommodating and the value was as promised.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Ideal for my purposes"
I spent two days in London after a business conference and the Strand Palace was ideally located for what I wanted to do. Easily accessed by the tube, near most of the theaters and a bus ride from the Tate Modern where I spent most of the two days. The room was modern and comfortable and the staff was anxious to please.
2 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Robert P
The Strand Palace Hotel has remained consistently good every time I have stayed there.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Short stay in London"
Hotel is in an excellent location. Steps from Charring Cross station, National Gallery at Trafalgar Square and around the corner from the COVENT Garden market. hotel staff were Greta and responsive. Hotel dining was better than average and not overpriced for the area. The room was well equipped, but rather small. The window opened thank goodness because the days were unusually warm and there is no air conditioning. Overall, a 4.5 experience.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
April
"Do not stay here."
Horrible. Stained sheets, bad service, staff seemed like they did nnot know how to do anything. Room was very small and cheap parts. Completely over-priced considering what you get and what else you can find in the neighborhood. I literally would never recommend it to anyone.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
panama
Excellent hotel right in the heart of the City of Westminster. Good rooms with free snacks and bottled water. Excellent food choices nearby, conveniently located in easy walking distance to the tube, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Trafalgar Square, and the West End if you're looking for some theatre.
2 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Casey
3 Nights in this Hotel. Very good service and a good quiet room for 2! Hotel is situated in a busy and lively part of London. easy access to the tube. Will book again for sure!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Best location! Great hotel"
Had a great time there. Most staff was very helpful. Location was perfect. Room small but comfortable. I'll be back.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
pat
"Great location by Bus stops & Covent Garden Market"
loved the location in Covent Garden, close to the bus stop and the old Covent Garden Market shops with restaurants.
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Excellent location and well-maintained hotel"
Great location with walking distance to Covent Garden, the theatre district and the British museum. Staff were polite. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Bathroom seems newly renovated.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice Stay in Covent Garden"
The hotel is very large, but comfortable. This stay was a birthday surprise for my spouse and I wanted a nice hotel for a great price and this was it. It is in walking distance of most theaters and across the street from the Savoy. Breakfast was standard, but good. Indian restaurant was very good.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
I`v booked and for for two rooms but when i arrived it was only made reservations for one. It did take some time to sort this out.This was Venere who hade made wrong reservations throug Expedia
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"disappointed with room size"
I was expecting to see a larger room, but overall it was too small. The rooms look bigger in the picture.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Gloria
"Strand Palace - small rooms but great location"
The Strand Palace is in a great central location for setting off for site seeing. Very close to a tube station and loads of places nearby to dine and drink. The double bed rooms are very small, and the twin beds seemed even smaller. Overall, it was a decent place to stay given we did not spend much time in the hotel other than sleeping.
7 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Bruce
"Great Stay in the Middle of London"
I am really pleased with my stay at The Strand Palace. The staff was great and the view from my room was wonderful.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2015
Ryland
"Couldn't be happier!"
The people there were very kind and helpful, the room was quiet and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was a nice surprise and there's a good selection of food including oatmeal, fruits, pastries, eggs, bacon etc. Also, loved the extra bottle of water delivered each time the room gets cleaned. Overall, I have only good things to say about The Strand Palace Hotel and I am definitely going to consider booking a room there in the future.
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Ralfs
"Would stay here again! Great location!"
Within walking distance of many attractions (National Gallery, Big Ben, The Eye), public transportation, and a few great pubs. Room was very small, but okay for one person (or just book a bigger room...I had booked whatever the cheapest/smallest option was). Also since the rooms are smaller, your bed is pretty much right next to the door, which is right on the other side of the hallway/people/other rooms (can be noisy at times). Not many breakfast options, but room service was prompt. Club sandwich was lacking, but the tomato soup was great! Hotel is older, but the staff and cleaning crew were pleasant.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2015
We went there for 4 nights, the stuff was very nice and helpful. Hotel locate at soho 3 minutes from covent garden, 5 minutes from Trafalgar square. Room is clean but small Breakfast is very good
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"You're mostly paying for location"
The staff was nice and allowed me to check-in relatively early (9:30 a.m.) after an all night flight. I had a Standard Double Room and let's just say I shudder to think how small the "Cosy" Double Room might be. I had an interior room with a window to the top of what looked like the central heating system. The toilet handle was noticeably unclean (could not tell if it was rust or something worse). There was an in-unit heater, but still a lot of cold air seemed to be entering through the closed window. Having said all that, the bed was decently comfortable and the location cannot be beat. You grab the Piccadilly train out of Heathrow, step off at Covent Garden, and cut south 2-3 blocks to Strand Palace. Trafalgar Square, Parliament, British Museum, Buckingham Palace, etc. are all within easy walking distance. There are also good drinking/dining options nearby. I admittedly don't have a ton of experience on the subject, but as someone who was trying to see London on a time-crunch and without breaking the bank, the Strand Palace was quite sufficient. I cannot comment on the bar or restaurant within the hotel since the room service menu prices quickly made me realize I would have to look elsewhere for sustenance. For what it's worth there are also Starbucks, McDonald's, and several drug stores within 1/4 mile, if you need something quick and outside of normal British operating hours.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2015
"Basic hotel in great location."
I was in London for 3 days on business in February. I arrived late at night and it was very cold. I could not get the room warm enough. I called maintenance and they came right away but other than making sure the radiator was on full, there was nothing he could do. By the time I went to bed, it was still cold and I slept in my clothes. The windows were very drafty and for three days I had trouble staying warm. The bed was comfortable and there was a very warm comforter so sleeping was good. The bedside lights were terrible - very small and they were attached to the wall more than a foot from the bed and I could not adjust them.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Alex
"Super location and great staff"
Great location - very comfy if small rooms. Staff was very accommodating. Bars and restaurants off the hotel lobby stay open late and give discounts to hotel guests.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
"Hard to beat for the money"
As always, the staff were friendly and helpful and the single room, though cozy, was comfortable and everything I needed. The bathroom is excellent. I particularly enjoy the breakfast buffet and the multinational group of breakfasters; a fun place for peoplewatching. The location, an easy 10-minute walk from Trafalgar Square, is hard to beat, and its being on the Picadilly underground line with its direct connection to Heathrow is a plus.
5 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great Location In Central London"
I have stayed here many times before. The hotel is in a convenient location in central London, just a few minutes walk to Trafalgar Square. Easy to get to from Heathrow airport on the Picadilly Line; less than 10-minute walk from Covent Garden stop. The heating was inadquate for February, and I had to get an ancellary plug-in heater. (The ventilation is basically open the window if stuffy). Small, simple room.
Terry
"Great stay in London."
Great hotel, great location. 7th floor room was silent, indian restaurant in hotel with very good food.
4 night trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great old ship of a hotel in Theatre District"
This is a massive hotel with lots of rooms, many of which, like mine, were very small. As I was only spending a short time here, I didn't mind. The place was very quiet and comfortable. The halls give the impression of an old ocean liner: narrow with many rooms, but as I mentioned, quiet.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Pretty good"
Cooperative and helpful facilities were of very good quality location perfect
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
isaac
"Expected better service"
A large and impersonal hotel. Rooms are OK with some better than others. The heating thermostat was not working in the room I was given and the room was too hot and stuffy. I reported this and a maintenance guy came a turned the heating off. It remained off and not repaired for the rest of my stay so the room was way too cold. There was no follow up or another room offered. If you like to be left to yourself with minimal service then this hotel would be fine for you. I expected more so will choose another hotel next time.
4 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Nice hotel with great location. Be prepared for small room but excellent staff.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Excellent hotel in a fabulous central location"
Friendly quick and early check in during a stay for visiting friends. Overall very impressed with hotel, staff and location.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
laura
"Perfect location"
Absolute best location to explore London. The room was clean and sufficient if you are just looking for a place to shower and sleep. The walls are VERY thin (I could hear my neighbor snoring!) so hopefully you have respectful neighbors during your stay. Definitely worth it just because of location and reasonable price. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a convenient and clean stay in central London. Also, the tube is less than a 5 minute walk and for 6 pounds will take you straight to Heathrow Airport.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Marissa
"Average hotel great location!"
Nice hotel - mid line - great bar accross the street at the Savoy.
4 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Philippe
"Perfect Location"
Great location to use as a base to explore London. It's near underground stations, and there are plenty of museums, historic sights, restaurants and bars in the area.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Great location."
This hotel was in a great location. Our room was pretty tiny but we really enjoyed our stay. The onsite Indian restaurant was delicious.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
stephanie
"The Strand Palace"
The Strand Palace Hotel is in an ideal location for tourists who love arts and entertainment. A block from Somerset House with its Courtold Gallery and ice rink; a 20 minute walk to St. Paul's, The Museum of London, and Millenium Bridge; a 20 minute walk to the British Museum and Bloomsbury and so many other places. Many shops and cafes including Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese where Dickens and so many others frequented. Leicester Square and Covent Garden also a short 10 minute walk. Rooms were very freshly redone, very modern, clean and comfortable with a huge new tv. Staff were professional and helpful.
4 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great hotel, great location"
The staff was really nice. Will defenately be back!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Or Z.
Good hotel...room small but adequate for my purpose. Big hotel public facilities
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great location, good service terrible bed"
Great location, but the rooms are small and the beds are very hard. I was very grateful that the staff allowed me to check in early after a redeye trans-Atlantic flight.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
"Cost effective hotel in heart of London."
Comfortable and cozy is a good description. Clean with the exception of a mouse I saw running down the hallway at 2am. Hey, this is London . . . that is nothing.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
RJ
"Good functional hotel for business trips"
Good functional hotel for business trips or a day out located in central London. It's a good quality/price deal. Room are quite tiny compared to the price but similar to other hotels in the vicinity.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Ross
Excellent location, Charing X Station, River Thames-Embankment, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery & Portrait Gallery, Covent Garden, Theaters all in 5/10min. walk. Not forgetting the wonderful pubs and restaurant in this wonderful area.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Fantastic location!"
2nd stay at the Strand! Great location to everything and fantastic staff. Will stay again I'm sure and highly recommend for the value
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
austin lover
"Great hotel in great location"
Excellent place to stay. Easy to walk to main attractions and theaters
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Great location and comfortable"
The Strand could use some room updates (needs A/C,fridge, and larger closets), but the location is perfect to explore London. Free wifi in room was great, and lounge has nice privacy booths.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Ed
"Convenient to London Central"
Found the Staff extremely warm and helpful. Economical for location.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014