All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
150 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay"
Needed to get away and relax, but the other unit was a little to noisy I could here a lot of loud talking and laughing.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
RAENETTE
"Could be - should be better."
Since this was a last minute staycation, we ended up here. Staff is helpful and friendly. Location is great, across from zoo and beach. Overall, hotel needs to be renovated. Parking and resort fees are additional to room.
5 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Makalapua
"Glorious Aloha"
We were there for 10 days and found the service excellent. The staff are friendly and courteous. The place is very clean. May need a little attention in the bathroom ( replace hairdryer, redo ceiling).
11 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Sydney
"Needs updates, friendly staff, ok in a pinch"
Hotel near hostels but not a bad location. In need of updates. We were one of the only occupied rooms on our floor (if not the only occupied room), which was very weird. All the other rooms had towels on the floor outside their doors, we're guessing to keep the renovation dust / fumes inside. Would be better if they just did an entire floor at once. Shampoo was like water, they need a better kind. Staff was nice. Lobby is pretty.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Queen Kapiolani"
This was not our first time to Honolulu, but was our first stay at the Queen Kapiolani. It is an older hotel. The staff was very friendly. If you rent a car during the stay and park at the hotel, it costs extra, but the car is in a safe location. For getting around Waikiki and Honolulu, the hotel has a good location. And you are close to the beach. Great views of Diamond Head and the beach as well. Everything at the hotel was as expected with no surprises. As with most larger cities, be aware of the homeless in the area. They can be aggressive. Overall, our stay Waikiki was enjoyable.
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
Ray
Hotel was ok. For the money we spent it was decent. Great Location. Hotel could use some new beds and upgrade a few things. To be honest I don't think my family and I will stay at this hotel again.
7 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Good location to beach and zoo
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
dimitri
"Reasonable price, good location"
I wanted a reasonable hotel room for a quick few days in Waikiki. Like the location, easy walk to swim in the beautiful ocean, lots of restaurants near by.
3 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Craig
"A comfortable & affordable hotel."
We had a room with a balcony that overlooked Diamond Head. What a great view to see every day. The Hotel was across the street from the Honolulu zoo, and within walking distance of Waikiki Beach. It was also within walking distance of many stores and restaurants along the beach. It was also conveniently located near the pick up points for tours and the city bus loops. The room was very clean and spacious. The lobby was small, but the staff was very nice and helpful. The restaurant and bar and pool were adequate. But, remember, one goes to this area to tour the beachfront and not to be isolated at a hotel. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again, and would recommend it to others. Patricia Volk
4 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"A Great Experience on our 45th Anniversary!"
When we first checked in we discovered that the room assigned to us was still occupied. The desk clerk was very apologetic and quickly upgraded and reassigned us to a Pent House Suite. The room was lovely and view incredible. That evening we ate on the Hotel's lanai and the food was good and the service excellent. The next morning we ate in the restaurant just before the morning buffet closed. The food was not particularly good and it took twenty minutes for my wife's menu order. The service was only so so. All in all we would recommend the hotel. The staff was both friendly and helpful. There is only Valet parking but it was very efficient.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Dianne
"Stay could have been better"
The a/c in the room was very poor. Was at the coldest setting and the'output was not there. Someone needs to check the unit out.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"Why do you need AC."
The first night they gave me a room across from the elevators. One of the elevators made a terrible moaning sound every time it reached the upper floors. The next night I requested a different room. The corner room was great. It had windows that opened for a wonderful ocean breeze.
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Bruce
"Hawaii Hotels"
Great location. Easy to beach. Less than 5 min. walk. Friendly, Great valet service. Highly recommend.
4 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Cynthia
"Customer Service"
Joceline in front desk is amazing. Worked her magic and on the spot gave us way better room. No hassle, no trouble, she knows customer service. On the other hand, older guy at the bar/restaurant should go look for a new job. He seems to be working too much and might be little tired. Customer service for him is unknown concept. I worked 10 years in restaurant business as a server, bartender and manager. I understand what it takes to make people happy, this guy did not get it yet, or he just hates his job, in which case he should go find himself a new one. He was hustling a drinks on us from a first day. Small pours and higher prices, you want to get a drink for your money worth? Go with a younger guy, when he is there, he knows what people on vacation wants. We personally avoided their restaurant and bar, just because this guy and also food is mediocre at best, don't ask for anything special(like fresh fruit) or you might make them work extra :) Otherwise amazing view and great location, everything is near by. Friendly staff and helpful.
9 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Drahoslav
"Good for the money"
Great for the money. I specifically selected this because of the hotels.com points and the wi-fi. My first room was noisy because of the street sound and the air conditioners were noisy.
6 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Pamela
"Five Star Value"
This hotel is not a five star hotel, but for the price, service, and location, it is definitely the best value. I was there for a conference and stayed for 6 nights. The hotel was very clean, good amenities (free wi-fi), and the staff were nice. The location is perfect, as it sits less than a block away from public transportation, the Honolulu zoo, and best of all Waikiki beach. Good level of clientele as well. For the price this hotel is the best value.
6 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Vincent
"Would not stay there again"
Room was very loud, they put us near the elevator and the noise was too much. They did change us to a better room, but on the forth floor, it was right next to the pool and bar, and guests were very noisy and obnoxious. Security should have been monitoring.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Utta
"Family vaca"
We stopped here in Honolulu for four days before we went to Kauai for a week. Great location, best beach for body boarding right across the street. Quiet neighborhood yet close to everything, away from the big crowds of Waikiki beach yet we could easily walk to everything on Waikiki beach. Only complaint was that the daily room cleaning often occurred late in the day when we were coming back from the beach and needed to get ready for the evening. Also, room was really not cleaned properly, cups with water was left behind, sand still on floor and not vacuumed, etc.
4 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Overall, a great stay. Hotel lobby is beautiful, room is clean with comfortable beds and pillows. Location is close to Waikiki Beach. The only negative is that room door needs painting and one of the front desk people gave us wrong information on bus routes.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Kalin
"Would stay again."
Customer service was not fantastic. Bell hop charges to hold bags for and hour. Great location.
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"First vacation ever!"
This was the first vacation I have ever taken in my life. I researched a lot before I chose this hotel. I wanted something with a more local feel, but that was also affordable. I booked the city view room, but they upgraded me to an ocean view, so I had a beautiful view and a private balcony. Everyone at this hotel is incredibly kind, and I do mean everyone. The housekeeping staff is kind and will remember what your name is and when you check out , and the parking attendance even gave me advice on how to stay safe while I was on the island. My entire experience in Honolulu was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much and I will definitely be back !
6 night trip Jun 5, 2015
Christina
"Our May Day Celebration."
We had a wonderful stay at the QUEEN KAPIOLANI HOTEL. Customer service was outstanding. The rooms was spacious and clean. WE HAD A NICE DIAMONDHEAD VIEW looking over THE HONOLULU ZOO. I recommend this Hotel when you are looking for a Hotel near the HONOLULU ZOO and AQUARIUM and the Beach is a few steps away from this Holel. Valet parking is outstanding. ALOHA.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Martha
"Fantastic view!"
WONDERFUL view! Overlooking the Zoo, Waikiki Beach, and Diamond Head. 3 minute walk to the pink line trolley ($2) that goes all the way to Ala Moana. Took it for the round trip to get an idea of where things were located. Room dated but very clean and the view was Fantastic! I willl stay there again if I ever get a chance to go back to Hawaii.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Gayle
"Awesome weekend"
It was very accommodating
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Vivas
"Better than I expected"
It's always nice when something exceeds your expectations. Queen K is an older hotel on the east end of Waikiki. I was expecting a little old and maybe a little shabby; the room price was really reasonable.. What I got was great service from the valet ($25 a night is AVERAGE for Waikiki), a room upgrade from the pleasant staff, and a very clean, very nice size room with a lanai and a view of Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, and the ocean. Definitely returning to this hotel again!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Kariann
"Time to Think"
Great location. Right accross the beach and the zoo. A lot of places to eat near by within walking distance. The hotel is clean and quiet. The staff is friendly. Only problem is that only Valet Parking is available and there is only one Valet at night.
1 night trip May 20, 2015
"Great place to stay if your traveling with kids."
We took a family trip to celebrate my daughter's graduation. The hotel was very accommodating, friendly & always had a staff member available 24/7. We were booked on the 9th Fl & my daughter is afraid of heights. I made a call to the front desk & they were able to change our rooms immediately. We also enjoyed the 2nd Fl which had a grand piano (my daughter played a few notes) antique pics & chairs. Lots of history.
7 night family trip May 12, 2015
Athena
"The stay was ok"
Everything was awesome except I had a handicapped room which was uncomfortable. I've stayed here before this time it was totally not what I was expecting the room to be
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Must try"
Staff was very nice . I checked in very easy and my room is nice enough where I can see mountains , zoo , park and the beach at the same time . I wouldn't recommend bringing your car because valet is mandatory and it is $25.00 plus tips each day but if you drive it's pretty convenience to just call them from your room and have your car ready . There is no restaurant inside the hotel so you may have to walk around which there will be no problem finding food or convinience store around hotel. Room is old but it's nice enought to stay . It has kitchen with the junior suits which is very nice for long stays . AC units still old and loud . Painting is chipping in my room . Bathroom is very old and tiny but it works
3 night business trip May 9, 2015
Nipa
"Terrific Service at a Premium Location for a Fair"
Stayed for three nights at this hotel and it was great! Terrific location right next to the zoo and one block from Waikiki beach. Terrific area. The hotel staff was really nice, check in was fast, and we loved our room on the 17th floor. We even had a partial ocean view from our balcony which was a nice surprise! The rooms were really clean and the beds were comfortable. The only thing I could think of to complain about would be that the carpet was quite old, and it would be nice to have a tile floor. But we would definitely stay here again!
3 night family trip May 10, 2015
Connie
"vacation without the kids"
three day getaway, had a city view... pay the extra for mountain or ocean view. the city noise was a bit loud. Hotel staff was super nice, and helpful.
3 night romance trip May 4, 2015
christopher
"Hotel stay was..."
I wish we had a bigger room. The site tricked us a little, when we got there our bed barely fit the both of us. Our room was the size of my closet, but I didn't come to Hawaii to sit in our room, so it did its purpose as of sleep and shower.
5 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Hotel comparison"
My room was not like Internet picture .
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Perfect"
Clean, comfortable, no extra fees when booking. Very accommodating staff. Pleasant stay.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Location, location, location"
Close to Waikiki beach, close to the zoo and it's all about location.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Well worth it..."
The hotel was a great value for the price we paid. Super location at the end of Waikiki near the zoo and across from the beach. Beautiful view. Super helpful and friendly staff. The valet Kevin was awesome. Great group of folks. The bed was comfortable and the room size was comfortable for two. The hotel has been built for a long time but it has been maintained well and is very clean. Overall it was a super value for the price. Although the restaurant prices seem a little expensive, the food is superb. The only improvement was a microwave would have been nice to have. Thanks for the great memories.
4 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Fredia and Wayne
"Waikiki Gem"
Convenient location for a Waikiki visit. Customer Service from check-in to departure was excellent from Hotel Staff. Would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
"A good value for your money"
Staff was very friendly
10 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Location"
The valet and bell staff so friendly and helpful
11 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Toby
"April visit- 2015"
A friend and I stayed at your hotel - for 6 nights recently -- the hotel is very close to the beach on North Shore and close to a few stores (Starbucks , ABC store) and a fun restaurant (Lulu's of Waikiki)- We enjoyed the pool/bar area on the 3rd floor. Our room had a city view but we also saw the ocean from the balcony which was quite nice.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Alaska guest
"36 hours in Waikiki"
The carpet in our room was nasty. It needs to be replaced. Period. There was even a sticky spot near the corner - yuck. Also, not enough electrical outlets, we found a power strip under the bed but no one would touch it because it was too gross. The worst was on our second morning, we went to take showers and realized there was no hot water. We called maintenance and they knew, said they were waiting for the electrician. Management posted signs in the elevators and lobby, and they offered coffee and pastries in the lobby. When we got back to our room later that day, there was hot water.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Riley
"What a bummer!"
It wasn't horrible, but not worth the money either. The guest rooms from the 6th floor up had no running water for the better part of a day. It felt like camping. Hotel management barely apologized for the no running water incident and failed to compensate their guests in any way for the major inconvenience of no showers or toilets. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and the curtains ripped (which didn't close all the way anyway.) One of the elevators was closed down for awhile, making the wait for an elevator to your room annoying and crammed. The mattresses were rock hard, the towels and sheets were rough. The hotel is very far down on the beach, so if you want the glitz and glam of nightlife and shopping on Waikiki, be prepared to walk. It is very close to the beach and has a pool. The pool is TINY but has a nice view of Diamond Head.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
AL
"perfect Waikiki location"
This hotel front the park with a great view of Diamond head. The rest of Waikiki is nothing but crowded dense hotels and shops. Starbucks on the corner and LuLu's which is a great place for breakfast. One block from the best part of Waikiki beach. Loved this place.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
kathy
"sucks"
No water at hotel night mare
3 night trip Apr 23, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to the Waikiki beach."
A very nice hotel for the money. Staff was friendly. Rooms were very clean. Very close to the beach. Pool was nice. Restaurant near pool was good and convenient.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Marianne
"Awesome location for affordable price"
5 minute walk to the beach. Hotel is dated but still holds up well. Great value. Great location. Aqua hotels are the best in Hawaii for bang for your buck.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
BlueLodt
"Nice overnight"
This was an overnight for a medical test. It was a15th floor corner room and had a beautiful view of Diamondhead and the ocean. Unfortunately, you could hear the noise from the street.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"Good value, bad windows, street noise"
My room on the 11th floor was clean, spacious and a great value at $109USD /night + taxes. I got room service only once, and the room seemed and smelled clean. The pool was really great - small but swimmable and private enough and with great view of Diamond Head (as advertised). There was in-room coffee, but no bottled water. Decent refrigerator, no microwave oven. Bed was comfortable. Problem was the constant street noise and partiers on weekend nights. The "windows" are more suited for a porch than a hotel room. The are simply levers with slated glass that you can open but don't because of the city noise - loud even from 11 floors up. The noise bounces off the surrounding hotel buildings. While there were good darkening shades, there were no shears so you couldn't enjoy the view with any privacy - and you need it, as you're in a city. The location would be great if the hotel had real windows! I did not eat or drink in the hotel restaurant, but it looked nice and had local native singer with hula dancer on Saturday night. Would stay again but bring ear plugs or give up view for a room with real windows (if any)!
4 night trip Apr 9, 2015
Margaret
"Nice hotel-good value"
Nicer than expected. Nice larger than typical Waikiki discount hotel room. Very clean and bright. Sounds strange, but liked the bathroom window open to outside. Really helped to get steam out of room. Very nice pool, bar, restaurant with good buffet breakfast. And the killer view of Diamond head from the pool area! If you don't mind a little off the path location, it's a great place. Make sure to get a room away from the bank of elevators!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Cynthia
Staff was very accomodating; lobby was well-kept and comfortable--so were the rooms! Beautiful view of the park, zoo, ocean and very near the Waikiki beach!
5 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015