All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
150 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Almost there"
It was great. The room needs some upgrades though. Walls were dirty and scuffed. The bathroom could use improvement. The elevator was noisy when we tried to sleep.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
Cynthia
"Very Good!"
First of all, I like this quiet, local side of Waikiki and the hotel location. Easy driving access but yet - still close enough walking to beaches, shopping, etc. Staff is great from valet, bellman, front office, housekeeping. Check-in was easy. Greeted with lots of Aloha. Yes, it's an older property but renovations have been done. Lobby is open air and pleasant. Elevators were quick. Our room had a great new A/C. If you have ocean or Diamond Head view, it is awesome. Did not use pool or dining facilities so can't comment on those. Overall, perfect for myself and visitors.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2015
"Wish there are more amenities."
We enjoyed our stay.
6 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Helen
"Pleasure"
Great stay! Perfect location!
4 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"....still pleasant despite the noise..."
...during our stay, construction or repair work was being done above and to the side of our room and the noise was bothersome during the day when we were in the room...
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Alan
"Great Value Hotel"
Very nice place. Great location. Great Value.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Sean
"college parent"
Hotel is very old and needs a facelift. Otherwise staff and location is excellent.
6 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"Upgrade"
We went for just a few days but when we arrived before check in the staff was very accommodating and helpful. When we got there we had found out we had been upgraded to an ocean view suite! Very pleasant surprise and made the trip better. The elevators needed a key to get up to the rooms which made the hotel secure. Walk to the beach was about two minutes and very close to all the shops and restaurants. Would definitely recommend and plan on visiting again!
3 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Paytne
"Aloha and then some"
Spent 3 nights on Oahu for our 25th Anniversary. Beautiful hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach! The staff certainly exudes the Aloha spirit! We would definitely go back!
3 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Jodi
"Clean room, attentive staff, but update needed"
Rooms was clean, but carpet is old and needs changing. Hallways, room doors and lobby could use an update. Pool with the Diamond Head view was special. Appreciated that the housekeeping staff realized we were a family of four and made sure we had four sets of towels for each night of our stay after our first night.
5 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Wendy
It was a pleasant stay. The hotel is very near the beach, the zoo and stores.
5 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Eleanor
"Great location and beautiful views"
Convenient location for walking to restaurants and beach. Room was very spacious with great views. Hotel was a little dated but clean. Front desk staff was not overly friendly but valet was and offered advice on tourist attractions. The view from the pool and restaurant was beautiful. Perfect place for breakfast. Prices were a bit high and service wasn't bad.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"A great value in pricey Waikiki."
It's an older hotel (my room still had jalousie windows!), but well maintained, comfortable, close to the zoo and the beach, and reasonably priced. I'd definitely stay here again!
1 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Great location for wakiki beach and a good bargain.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Awesome"
Went for Honeymoon, had a great time. view was awesome
3 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Duston
"pick another hotel"
This place is comparable to motel 6.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
JOHN
"Okay"
Needed to get away and relax, but the other unit was a little to noisy I could here a lot of loud talking and laughing.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
RAENETTE
BEST 3RD FLOOR POOL DECK VIEW
2 night trip Jul 26, 2015
"Could be - should be better."
Since this was a last minute staycation, we ended up here. Staff is helpful and friendly. Location is great, across from zoo and beach. Overall, hotel needs to be renovated. Parking and resort fees are additional to room.
5 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Makalapua
"Glorious Aloha"
We were there for 10 days and found the service excellent. The staff are friendly and courteous. The place is very clean. May need a little attention in the bathroom ( replace hairdryer, redo ceiling).
11 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Sydney
"Needs updates, friendly staff, ok in a pinch"
Hotel near hostels but not a bad location. In need of updates. We were one of the only occupied rooms on our floor (if not the only occupied room), which was very weird. All the other rooms had towels on the floor outside their doors, we're guessing to keep the renovation dust / fumes inside. Would be better if they just did an entire floor at once. Shampoo was like water, they need a better kind. Staff was nice. Lobby is pretty.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Queen Kapiolani"
This was not our first time to Honolulu, but was our first stay at the Queen Kapiolani. It is an older hotel. The staff was very friendly. If you rent a car during the stay and park at the hotel, it costs extra, but the car is in a safe location. For getting around Waikiki and Honolulu, the hotel has a good location. And you are close to the beach. Great views of Diamond Head and the beach as well. Everything at the hotel was as expected with no surprises. As with most larger cities, be aware of the homeless in the area. They can be aggressive. Overall, our stay Waikiki was enjoyable.
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
Ray
Hotel was ok. For the money we spent it was decent. Great Location. Hotel could use some new beds and upgrade a few things. To be honest I don't think my family and I will stay at this hotel again.
7 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Good location to beach and zoo
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
dimitri
"Reasonable price, good location"
I wanted a reasonable hotel room for a quick few days in Waikiki. Like the location, easy walk to swim in the beautiful ocean, lots of restaurants near by.
3 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Craig
"A comfortable & affordable hotel."
We had a room with a balcony that overlooked Diamond Head. What a great view to see every day. The Hotel was across the street from the Honolulu zoo, and within walking distance of Waikiki Beach. It was also within walking distance of many stores and restaurants along the beach. It was also conveniently located near the pick up points for tours and the city bus loops. The room was very clean and spacious. The lobby was small, but the staff was very nice and helpful. The restaurant and bar and pool were adequate. But, remember, one goes to this area to tour the beachfront and not to be isolated at a hotel. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again, and would recommend it to others. Patricia Volk
4 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"A Great Experience on our 45th Anniversary!"
When we first checked in we discovered that the room assigned to us was still occupied. The desk clerk was very apologetic and quickly upgraded and reassigned us to a Pent House Suite. The room was lovely and view incredible. That evening we ate on the Hotel's lanai and the food was good and the service excellent. The next morning we ate in the restaurant just before the morning buffet closed. The food was not particularly good and it took twenty minutes for my wife's menu order. The service was only so so. All in all we would recommend the hotel. The staff was both friendly and helpful. There is only Valet parking but it was very efficient.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Dianne
"Stay could have been better"
The a/c in the room was very poor. Was at the coldest setting and the'output was not there. Someone needs to check the unit out.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"Why do you need AC."
The first night they gave me a room across from the elevators. One of the elevators made a terrible moaning sound every time it reached the upper floors. The next night I requested a different room. The corner room was great. It had windows that opened for a wonderful ocean breeze.
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Bruce
"Hawaii Hotels"
Great location. Easy to beach. Less than 5 min. walk. Friendly, Great valet service. Highly recommend.
4 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Cynthia
"Customer Service"
Joceline in front desk is amazing. Worked her magic and on the spot gave us way better room. No hassle, no trouble, she knows customer service. On the other hand, older guy at the bar/restaurant should go look for a new job. He seems to be working too much and might be little tired. Customer service for him is unknown concept. I worked 10 years in restaurant business as a server, bartender and manager. I understand what it takes to make people happy, this guy did not get it yet, or he just hates his job, in which case he should go find himself a new one. He was hustling a drinks on us from a first day. Small pours and higher prices, you want to get a drink for your money worth? Go with a younger guy, when he is there, he knows what people on vacation wants. We personally avoided their restaurant and bar, just because this guy and also food is mediocre at best, don't ask for anything special(like fresh fruit) or you might make them work extra :) Otherwise amazing view and great location, everything is near by. Friendly staff and helpful.
9 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Drahoslav
"Good for the money"
Great for the money. I specifically selected this because of the hotels.com points and the wi-fi. My first room was noisy because of the street sound and the air conditioners were noisy.
6 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Pamela
"Five Star Value"
This hotel is not a five star hotel, but for the price, service, and location, it is definitely the best value. I was there for a conference and stayed for 6 nights. The hotel was very clean, good amenities (free wi-fi), and the staff were nice. The location is perfect, as it sits less than a block away from public transportation, the Honolulu zoo, and best of all Waikiki beach. Good level of clientele as well. For the price this hotel is the best value.
6 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Vincent
"Would not stay there again"
Room was very loud, they put us near the elevator and the noise was too much. They did change us to a better room, but on the forth floor, it was right next to the pool and bar, and guests were very noisy and obnoxious. Security should have been monitoring.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Utta
"Family vaca"
We stopped here in Honolulu for four days before we went to Kauai for a week. Great location, best beach for body boarding right across the street. Quiet neighborhood yet close to everything, away from the big crowds of Waikiki beach yet we could easily walk to everything on Waikiki beach. Only complaint was that the daily room cleaning often occurred late in the day when we were coming back from the beach and needed to get ready for the evening. Also, room was really not cleaned properly, cups with water was left behind, sand still on floor and not vacuumed, etc.
4 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Overall, a great stay. Hotel lobby is beautiful, room is clean with comfortable beds and pillows. Location is close to Waikiki Beach. The only negative is that room door needs painting and one of the front desk people gave us wrong information on bus routes.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Kalin
"Would stay again."
Customer service was not fantastic. Bell hop charges to hold bags for and hour. Great location.
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"First vacation ever!"
This was the first vacation I have ever taken in my life. I researched a lot before I chose this hotel. I wanted something with a more local feel, but that was also affordable. I booked the city view room, but they upgraded me to an ocean view, so I had a beautiful view and a private balcony. Everyone at this hotel is incredibly kind, and I do mean everyone. The housekeeping staff is kind and will remember what your name is and when you check out , and the parking attendance even gave me advice on how to stay safe while I was on the island. My entire experience in Honolulu was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much and I will definitely be back !
6 night trip Jun 5, 2015
Christina
"Our May Day Celebration."
We had a wonderful stay at the QUEEN KAPIOLANI HOTEL. Customer service was outstanding. The rooms was spacious and clean. WE HAD A NICE DIAMONDHEAD VIEW looking over THE HONOLULU ZOO. I recommend this Hotel when you are looking for a Hotel near the HONOLULU ZOO and AQUARIUM and the Beach is a few steps away from this Holel. Valet parking is outstanding. ALOHA.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Martha
"Fantastic view!"
WONDERFUL view! Overlooking the Zoo, Waikiki Beach, and Diamond Head. 3 minute walk to the pink line trolley ($2) that goes all the way to Ala Moana. Took it for the round trip to get an idea of where things were located. Room dated but very clean and the view was Fantastic! I willl stay there again if I ever get a chance to go back to Hawaii.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Gayle
"Awesome weekend"
It was very accommodating
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Vivas
"Better than I expected"
It's always nice when something exceeds your expectations. Queen K is an older hotel on the east end of Waikiki. I was expecting a little old and maybe a little shabby; the room price was really reasonable.. What I got was great service from the valet ($25 a night is AVERAGE for Waikiki), a room upgrade from the pleasant staff, and a very clean, very nice size room with a lanai and a view of Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, and the ocean. Definitely returning to this hotel again!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Kariann
Rooms have been upgraded since my last stay. No screens on the windows, so had some bugs in the room if the windows got left open.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Cyndi
"Pleasant stay"
I was welcomed with a good room everything I asked for plus when I needed clean towels or any room service they would come in a short period of time. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is close to Waikiki beach :)
Other trip May 27, 2015
kat
"Good hotel, good location, good staff."
The experience we had at this hotel was very good. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and everything worked. The view from the pool/outdoor bar of Diamond Head was awesome.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Time to Think"
Great location. Right accross the beach and the zoo. A lot of places to eat near by within walking distance. The hotel is clean and quiet. The staff is friendly. Only problem is that only Valet Parking is available and there is only one Valet at night.
1 night trip May 20, 2015
"Great place to stay if your traveling with kids."
We took a family trip to celebrate my daughter's graduation. The hotel was very accommodating, friendly & always had a staff member available 24/7. We were booked on the 9th Fl & my daughter is afraid of heights. I made a call to the front desk & they were able to change our rooms immediately. We also enjoyed the 2nd Fl which had a grand piano (my daughter played a few notes) antique pics & chairs. Lots of history.
7 night family trip May 12, 2015
Athena
"nice location, near waikiki beach and bus stop"
nice location, near waikiki beach, zoo, bus stop, ABC store, etc.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Beautiful room and the view was stunning."
The staff at the front desk were especially nice and the hotel accommodations were very good. The pools was great and there was plenty of room to lounge and sunbath.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"The stay was ok"
Everything was awesome except I had a handicapped room which was uncomfortable. I've stayed here before this time it was totally not what I was expecting the room to be
1 night family trip May 17, 2015