All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
150 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to the beach and away from the strip."
I like this hotel, though it is not the nicest in Honolulu. It is away from the crowds but close to the beach. Great view of Diamond head. A little over priced, and the hotel needs a renovation. But being in Hawaii sort of makes those issues melt into the background. Biggest complaint is the price of the hotel food. Drinks are okay but the food is not worth the overpricing. Also if you have any issues, complaining to the staff won't really get you anywhere. Be prepared for them to be on "island time" and just ignore the problem until you go away.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Greg
The staff was very friendly, but they waited until late in the afternoons to clean the rooms and did not change the sheets daily.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
s
"Hotel with a view"
Not the newest or fanciest hotel,but it has balconies that overlook diamond head and waikiki beach.These rooms can be a little noisy.Rooms are nothing special,but clean. Best part was having coffee on the balcony and listening to the monkeys and birds greet the day.Short walk to beach.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
BONNIE
"Nice hotel, close to the beach."
Really nice hotel, pretty affordable and close to the beach, my only concerned was they shutt the water off multiple times during my stay, and but the moment of my checkout they had a notice up about shutting water off again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Lily
"Nice hotel close to beach/zoo/aquarium/trolley"
Nice hotel close to beach, zoo, aquarium, trolley stops and other transportations. It's also one block away from the canal (that's full of FISH!!!). Next to good restaurants, including Starbucks, ABC stores (TWO!). Biggest plus was a few hundred yards from the beach and trolley stops. I'd stay here again. They even lend out umbrellas when it rains. Laundry room is really small (one washer, two dryers) and old. Other than that, nice hotel, good location. Good for the location and convenience.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
H
"Location is nice and close to beach and shopping."
Location is nice and close to beach and shopping. Not too far from freeway access.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Ron
"don't forget anything here"
everything was great, from price, location, to comfort of room. Only negative is that they charged me to return an item that i had left behind. I do travel quite a bit and though i have forgotten items (not often though) other hotels have not had an issue with mailing my items to me at no charge.
4 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Adequate and budget, short drive to everything"
The hotel is on the main Sheridan street that lead into the highway but there isn't anything around it you you pretty much need to drive a short distance for everything. The adjoining room were good with bed for everyone, but the building and wall are cinder block so it has a cheap motel feel especially adding the tropical climate and tiles floor, feel like an old college dorm sometimes, laundery room was a bit plus because you will need it with all the water activities in Cairns, breakfast was dismal and sad, basically toast and cereal with some milk and juice. For what we paid per night, I would have preferred something better or pay more to be closer to the action
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Emily
"Good night"
It was great for a one night stay! I thought the beds were comfortable and there was a great view of diamond head off the balcony. Only thing I would improve on is the AC
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
The Queen Kapiolani hotel is a good place to stay if you are budget conscious and want a great location. The rooms are clean and the staff is wonderful. The hotel is older and needs updating but there is a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room, a Starbucks two minutes from the hotel and the beds/pillows were great. From the 10th floor up there are beautiful views (Ocean View rooms) to Diamond Head, the beach and Honolulu Zoo and Kapiolani park. Ocean View rooms have small, private balconies. Be aware that like most Waikiki hotels there is an overnight parking fee of $25 for your rental car. The hotel is at the very east end of Kalakua and right on Kuhio Beach - a little quieter than being right in the heart of Waikiki. 10 Minute drive to Diamond Head, 2 minutes to Rainbow Drive-in for plate lunch and 3 minutes to the best malasadas on the island, Leonard's on Kapahulu.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Beth
"great locstion"
nice location, Good Friendly helpful room cleaning staff.
7 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
Wendy
"Not worth"
Location is good, room is small . Very noisy from street and neighbors. It is not worth for $119 per night.
5 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Youwen
"You get what you pay for"
This Hotel is in need of some tlc. The Hotel is as clean as you can get out dated and old facilities. Our room was the size of a walk in closet and very noisy. This must be Fido's favorite hotel because people left the dogs in the rooms by them selves and barked, barked, barked. So buyer beware this may be reasonable because Waikiki is so expensive, but you get what you pay for. This Hotel with 3 stars must be living in the past.
"Nice hotel in a good location."
Good location for our family. We have 2 children (8 & 11) so the closest section of the beach was perfect cause the wall built into the beach wouldn't allow for big waves. The hotel was nice. Nothing fancy but by no means did it seem "cheap". Great staff and very friendly. Gave us some good tips on local eateries and things to see with the kids. Hotel also has a Expedia Local Expert which was perfect for being our first time in Oahu. We were able to book all our tours with them. Overall a good first time experience for me and my family.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Edward
"Cheap"
Cheap but really small room.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel across from zoo and park."
My 12 year old son and I had so much fun at this hotel! The pool is a little small, but it has a great restaurant/bar adjacent to it and a million dollar view of Diamond Head! Hotel is right across from Kapiolani Park, the Honolulu Zoo and beach. It's a short walk to the Aquarium and there is a Starbucks a few doors down, along with an ABC store, Lulu's Restaurant and more. The room was small, but nice and clean. Beds were super comfortable and we had a nice view! The bathroom was small, but clean. Everyone was so friendly to us! The on site restaurant was pricey. We look forward to staying there again, as we like being at the far end of Waikiki, where its a little quieter.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"spring break"
the room was not what we expected we were by an elevator it was noisy and kept us awake at night ask to be moved but we never werealso very noisy slamming doors
8 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
Christopher
"Diamond head view"
Good hotel, nice view on the zoo and diamond head.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Value for money"
Lovely locale .beautiful view but room service was missed
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
Akashdeep
"Nice hotel, near the beach"
Hotel is nice, but the room looks old need upgrade.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Great place to stay in Hawaii."
Its always nice to stay in a hotel where you feel lke you are at home.
3 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Jose
"Aloha, great value for money"
Great value for money, lacated next to zoo, great view of Diamond Head, especially from outdoor restaurant/pool area. Located end of main street, so not so busy with foot traffic, but close to all restaurants, other hotels, shops and beaches.
7 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Richard J
"Reasonable rates, across from the beach."
For budget travelers this is a good hotel. The rooms are comfortable but there is no microwave and the beach is a very short walk. My room had a beautiful view of Diamond Head with the swimming pool below, lit by tiki torches at night. The staff is courteous and helpful. There are several restaurants in the neighborhood. The zoo is just across the hotel which is situated at the far end of Waikiki. There are several cheap hostels by the hotel, but as a single traveler, I did not not have anything to complain about the neighborhood.
2 night trip Mar 3, 2015
Nita
"Great View & Wonderful Service"
Room was very nice with breathtaking view of Diamond Head. Hotel personnel,especially bell hop were extremely nice, helpful & friendly!
4 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Virgie
"Update needed"
Rooms need to be updated and cleaned found dirt under the bed. Staff was friendly, close to the beach.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Location is great, close to beach and shopping"
We stayed there for 4 nights and the location was great. Within walking distance to pretty much anywhere. The hotel itself is not "NEW" and a little bit old school. The lobby has a broken escalator which I don't know if it supposed to work or not. There are some big "ballroom" in the 2nd floor seems pretty quiet...
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
oldman88
"Our favorite hotel!"
This was the second time my girlfriend and I stayed at QKH. As always, helpfup staff! We even got a free upgrade to stay at the Penthouse, although we originally didn't mind the cheapest available room! Great service! At night we had the pool to ourselves because most tourist rather go exploring; we were there to relax. All you can eat buffet are a reasonal prices and they have an ice cream parlor in the lobby. This hotel is one of the top 3 of the cleanest and nicest hotels in Waikiki for even being the most affordable!!! Nice location right around the corner from the Waikiki strip and less than a block from the beach! Definitely will return as we already have!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Almendro
"NEVER AGAIN!!"
I BOOKED A ROOM WITH A BALCONY & 2 DOUBLE BEDS, FROM THE LOOKS OF THE PICTURE THE ROOMS LOOKED LIKE A DESCENT SIZE....HOWEVER WHEN I CHECKED IN & GOT TO MY ROOM I WAS SUPER DISAPPOINTED!!!!! NOT ONLY DID I GET THE SMALLEST ROOM (ABOUT 10 FT FROM DOOR TO WALL) BUT I ALSO DID NOT GET 2 DOUBLE BEDS OR A BALCONY WITH A CITY VIEW......ALL IN ALL ILL NEVER EVER SPEND $300 HERE AGAIN,NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Tasha
"A bit of paradise! !"
After confirming our reservation twice, we arrived to find that there was still a mix up with the room assignment. On the 3rd day of our stay, they compensated by putting us in one of the penthouse suites for the rest of our stay, at no extra charge!! Management, housekeeping, valet service... everyone was so unbelievably kind to us! I will stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone! They truly did their part in making this vacation the trip of a lifetime for my family and I!
7 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Connie
"Good for the price"
Hotel was clean, close to the beach and the price point was good. Housekeeping was good, had plenty of towels and was kept clean. There was only one outlet by the TV and one of the plugs was broken so you couldn't plug anything else in. Wi-Fi Internet was spotty and wasn't really useful, we chose to use our 4G phones for a faster connection, so internet is there if you need it, but I wouldn't want to use it to stream or for anything else but looking up stuff. If your goal is to get get close to the beach at a low price point, this is a great option.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Convenient location, close to shopping beach"
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful, family friendly environment
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Josh
"Welcome home"
We stayed at the Queen Kapiolani 30 years ago and it's in better shape now than then. We loved the view of Diamond Head and the park. They are near everything, bus, park, beach, parking is affordable. We will be back.
1 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2015
Great place to stay for the price. Minutes from the beach and zoo. Excellent and friendly staff. Just wish there were hot tubs by the pool. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Jon
"Do it again.."
Great value, exactly what was expected
3 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"Good hotel, nice neighborhood"
Overall a nice stay at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel. The neighborhood is good with a short walk to Waikiki Beach and a number of restaurants/shops. The room felt a bit outdated, with a small bathroom. Air conditioning seemed undersized for the room. Overall a solid 3 star stay. Valet was an additional $25/day, and there was no option for self parking.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Caroline
I was in for a pleasant surprise! The hotel is older but in great condition. A hidden gem! It reminds me of a classy hotel in another city but on a smaller scale. I had a wonderful ocean view and Diamondhead. Do stay here!
Jackie
"Street noise"
Old windows did not sleep well heard all trafic noise
5 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Noise"
We stayed on the 18th floor and the only problems we had was a barking dog in the penthouse above us and a lot off noise in the hallway during the 1 am till 5 am time frame.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
airline employe
"Lots to like!"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Queen Kapiolanii. The staff was very friendly, amenities were good and the location was perfect for us. It's at the far edge of Waikiki right by the Zoo, so there is plenty of green space nearby and it's not crazy crowded everywhere. The view of Diamond Head from the pool is fabulous. I recommend it--our 15th floor city view room was quite pleasant.
3 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
Jan
"Room with a view"
Great location...good service ...loved the valet parking
7 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
CHRIS
"Very Pleasant"
Was very pleasant. I had stayed before and enjoyed because it is at the end of Waikiki overlooking the zoo and great view of Diamond head and ocean. Room is good size and it is well kept.
4 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Karol
From the outside the hotel looked dingy but inside it was great! A tad outdated but excellent staff and clean & comfortable room. Location is across the street from the zoo and $1 an hour parking (everywhere it's $25 daily per hotel, no street parking) and across the other street is Waikiki beach. Terrific free WiFi in the entire hotel. No complaints definitely recommend!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Nilsa
"Nice hotel for the price"
Great location. Older rooms but comfomfortable
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
"Would have never booked this hotel room if I knew!"
For the price they charge you would think they would renovate the hotel rooms! The hotel lobby is beautiful but do not be fooled. First off, my friend and I struggled with two heavy bags each up the driveway of the hotel as the bell boys watched us and continued their conversation. Hello! Isn't it your job to ask if we need help?? As we checked in we were told the hotel gave us a complimentary room upgrade... If this was an upgrade I wonder what they regular rooms look like!!! I felt like I was in jail and something in the room/on the pillow made my face breakout. If you are looking for a nice and clean hotel check out Hotel Renew which is down the block.. That's where I went
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Unpleased Guest
"Amazing view. hotel could use a update in rooms"
Nice room if it wasn't on the backside of elevator shaft
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
renee
"Queen review"
Great location. Close yet far from bustling Waikiki. We had everything we needed in a 2 block radius. The pool area was great! Beds comfortable. Our room had a lanai and a great view of Diamond Head. I would definately return
6 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"Great Location Waikik"
Wonderful hotel with very friendly staff, wheelchair access, nice restaurant for breakfast and first dinner. Very willing to please and accommodate range of needs plus pool. Highly recommend.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Everything was great and the staff was very helpful and friendly.
3 night trip with friends Jan 21, 2015
Luis
"3 day stay"
Great hotel in an amazing location. Right across from the zoo, which our 3 y/o loved. 2 min walk from Waikiki beach.
4 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
I booked a king room. I received a double room. The view from my room was beautiful, it overlooks diamond head crater and the zoo.I could hear the howling monkeys, and lion roar in the dark of the morning hours.The hotel is old it's in need of fresh paint and definitely some artwork in the rooms.The beds were comfortable the room was a good size but there was no color whatsoever very drab for Hawaii!!!I would consider staying there again because of the location and the price.
3 night trip Jan 19, 2015