All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here150 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"3 day stay"
Great hotel in an amazing location. Right across from the zoo, which our 3 y/o loved. 2 min walk from Waikiki beach.
4 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
I booked a king room. I received a double room. The view from my room was beautiful, it overlooks diamond head crater and the zoo.I could hear the howling monkeys, and lion roar in the dark of the morning hours.The hotel is old it's in need of fresh paint and definitely some artwork in the rooms.The beds were comfortable the room was a good size but there was no color whatsoever very drab for Hawaii!!!I would consider staying there again because of the location and the price.
3 night trip Jan 19, 2015
darlene
"Great for Price"
Hotel is in a great location not on beach but very close and the conveniences of everything you need within walking distance. Room was decent size, Bef was comfortable but carpet could use some updating. We had issues with neighboring room having a party at midnight called security and they put a stop to it immediately. I would stay there again a great hotel for the price.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
terry
"Vacation in Oahu"
Convenient location. Close to a variety of restaurants. Close to bus transportation, since we did not rent a car. Older hotel, but remodeled. Very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
barney
"Nice place. Best place we stayed at on 4day vaca"
Aside from no pool /no hot tub ,this place was excellent...we booked our room for 89$ and it was great. Lots of room space , a balcony over the city was really nice. The bath was nice as well. Very comfortable beds and close to the heart of waikiki
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
jason
"Close yet quiet"
Rooms are nice. Good location to everything, yet quiet enough. Expedia has a small office, it was nice to get ideas on what to do.
8 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great location on East end. Convenient parking."
We live on the North Shore, but wanted a weekend getaway to Waikiki for our family of four. Queen Kapiolani Hotel was convenient to $1/hr zoo parking...directly across the street. We stayed for 24 hours so our parking cost was $24. We had four surfboards so convenient parking was critical. The overnight parking rates can be higher in parts of Waikiki. We also just happened to get what we now consider one of the best views in Waikiki. We were put on the 9th floor overlooking the zoo, with some ocean views and straight shot of Diamond Head. It was breath-taking. For the price and the convenience, we would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Corbin
"Queen Kapiolani Rules!!!"
We were there at New Years because no one else had any rooms available at affordable rates The Holiday decorations were wonderful! It was very nice, clean, well kept, the lanai was tiny but who spends a lot of time on it anyway? I say that yet I'd flat out refuse to stay anywhere there was not a lanai. Nice restaurant and little pool, I don't know about parking since we didn't have a car, Just be sure to remember the lobby is in back. They took our luggage and whisked it right up to the room. Upon leaving they got us a cab and took care of the luggage again. Very nice people. Close to the beach, I plan to recommend it to friends.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Very good hotel, good price and excellent location"
Me and my wife spent one night at Queen Kapiolani. The room had an excellent Diamond Head view (you have to choose and pay for that). The room is very clean and comfortable. Bathroom is also very clean. The bathtub is a little bit small, but not a problem at all. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is also very good. It is a walk distance from the hotel to almost all Waikiki. And it is right in front of the zoo.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Henrique
"Awesome hotel except for the bed!"
The view from the ocean view room was gorgeous. The lanai had an awesome view of the volcano. The location was great. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, the room was a decent size, bathroom was great. Everything was perfect, except the bed. I travel 2-3 times a month and have never slept on such a horrible mattress. I probably would have been better off on the floor. I ended up being in miserable pain until around noon each day when all the kinks and muscles got stretched out but I literally had a headache for all 7 days. If they had a better mattress this would have been a perfect 5 star rating place. Unfortunately there's no way I can go back unless that's fixed as it made my trip so miserable.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Dominic
"I have stayed in 10 times nicer for 1/4 the price"
Rooms were small and the air conditioning was weak at best.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Reasonable price"
Location is nice since it is close to beach and zoo.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Good location, but overpriced"
We booked this hotel at the last minute since there were no other hotels available at a reasonable price during 12/25-1/1, 2014. This hotel was adequate, but not luxurious by any means. It is rather on the expensive side considering the condition of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Liz
"very nice hotel ,close to the beach"
I whose very happy about the hotel staf and I have comfort in my room too,people very friendly there and the hotel localization is very good. Close to beach and shopping stores.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
jerzy
"Worth the stay"
Would stay again.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great accommodations"
We arrived on a late flight a couple of times as Honolulu was a connector flight and staff and hotel were very accommodating. I like the location as it is at the end of the strip and a block from Starbucks. A little quieter, yet only a short walk to anywhere you want to go.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Oahu 1st timers"
Upon arrival learned they have a shuttle service that does airport pick-up wish it would have been advertised could have save $$ from taxi fare. Friendly staff, Kuhio and Waikiki Beach are walking distance best part our room view was amazing! 6th floor facing diamond head as confirmed. Learned that the hotel was updated but maybe not our room there was a funny smell on the carpet but the staff made sure to clean and spray it everyday. But the location of our room was a bit noisy due to the bar across the street that closes at 4am. The time spent in the room was minimal as there is much to see and do. Loved the history this place holds on 2nd floor you can find paintings of kings.
4 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
"Great location next tobeach and main boulevard"
Loved the hotel low key comfy and friendly and easy to get around and eat and drink by pool
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
georgia
"Wonderful stay in Waikiki"
This is an older hotel in Waikiki. The location can't be beat. Right across from the park and the zoo. Steps away from Waikiki beach. Friendly accommodating staff. Incredible view of Diamond Head from the pool and bar. We've stayed here before and will definitely be back! One of the best bargains in Waikiki!
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
"Nice hotel good location ."
I did like the location , near the zoo Nice room and very nice pool
5 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
GAD
"A must stay!!! Location Location"
We literally were given the best room. 1009.It has a fantastic corner view of the Ocean and city. The room was very clean. The location was perfect. Its a bit pricey,but was money well spent. The Restaurant inside the hotel has great buffets. Their happy hour prices were excellent.
10 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Very nice"
Would stay again for sure. Close to beach shopping and eating.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Comfortable and friendly Queen"
I've stayed here before and love this hotel. Just a little away from the crowds on Waikiki, it is comfortable, friendly and scrupulously clean. Good value for money: safe, secure.
3 night trip Dec 18, 2014
Andre
"Local getaway"
A nice getaway. The ceiling above my bed looked like it had sustained a water leak. A small piece fell on me and awakened me (Rm 509). I reported it and my $25 parking charge was cancelled (although I wasn't asking for anything). Even so, a very pleasant stay.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Dick R.
"love waikiki"
Very noisy room,louvered windows,old faucet difficult to control water temperature
3 night trip Dec 15, 2014
izabela
"Old room and bad customer service"
Hotel is old condition. major complain is Hotel charges checked luggage both before check-in as room is not ready when arrived early and after check out as there are extra time before boarding cruise ship. Had to haggle with bell and not sure if this is normal charge or is bell was trying to scam the tourist.......
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Arthur
Waikiki Stay. We selected the hotel based on location and rate. We were surprised with one of the best views I have ever had on Waikiki. Thanks Queen Kapiolani!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Room from hell"
The room was to small the bed couldn't fit two people and the bed was next to the door where you can hear everyone slamming their doors. The bathroom ceiling had a hole, the walls had red big stains. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It's over price and rundown.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
tony
"Convenient and reasonable"
Service was lovely. Everyone helpful and pleasant. The view of Diamond Head is a great asset. If the restaurant food was a bit nicer, I think people would come for the view. I don't like air-conditioning myself but I think my room didn't have any--that would be not good for some people. My primary suggestion is that some kind of "sitting" should be available at the valet/check-in area in back. I didn't have a car but was picked up every day by friends. While I waited, there was no place to sit.
7 night trip Dec 2, 2014
Jonelle
"good, kind of..."
The first room given to us was poor at best. There was a lot of water damage and the wallpaper was bubbled in several spots. A quick trip to the front desk, where they were apoplectic and professional we were given a new room. The new room was nice enough to not have to make a second trip to the front desk. The pool view and deck is very nice. The restaurant has a great early bird dinner special. A/C works great and huge windows in the rooms for a nice Diamond Head view.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
mitch
"Nice hotel. Very convenient location."
Very nice hotel. Conveniently located. Clos to the beach and shopping.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Way better than 2 stars"
Everything about the hotel was exactly what we needed. Great location, great view, comfortable beds and great service. The hotel is older but has been nicely updated. Parking was expensive - $25 - but that included valet and was good for 24 hours (pretty typical for the neighborhood). My only criticism is that the shower heads were sub par - they were perfectly functional but not what I expected based on the rest of the hotel. This is definitely more than a 2 star hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Great location; service efficient and helpful. Beds were firm with clean bathrooms. Curtains had holes and louvered windows never quite shut. Could use some upgrades there. As mentioned, great location but maybe overpriced.
7 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Judy
"Excellent hotel"
Great stay. Friendly and accommodating staff, great food at the Terrace especially the prime rib for their featured nightly sunset dinner. They have the cheapest happy hour in Waikiki, from 2 till 5, a beautiful pool area with a nice view of the mountains. Rooms were clean and cozy and the location is perfect, with lots of conveniences and restaraunts around, and only a block from the beach
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Jenna
"Decent for the price range."
Great location with beautiful view of Diamond Head...and ocean. Clean but a bit outdated and needs a little updating - stained carpet, wallpaper peeling in places, beds a little soft, etc. i think though many hotels in this area are this way.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
"Staycation"
Short but very nice, I would come back again , it's a nice location but it would have been better if I was staying at the higher floor , the view of the diamond head would have been great instead of seeing the roof in the way, but not bad for a last minute reservation .
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"superb location"
great view of diamond head crater, just a block from waikiki beach great service, needs to have room service though.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Vincent
"it was nice view face to ocean and zoo."
i wish the hotel has restaurant at night time. curtains in #1619 are very dirty and scrached.
shimaty,myuu
"Very disappointing!"
Decided to spend a night here while attending Veteran's Day service on a recently deceased family member. We have stayed here several times in the past due to their quality and service they offer their guest. Never again! First they assigned us to a room with two Queen beds instead of the King size we prepaid for. Our room was near the elevators where the noise hampered us from a restful sleep. This was not a single incident as the front desk clerk said other past guest have complained. They nickeled and dimed us for $25 valet parking as they no longer allow self parking and another $5 to print out our airline boarding passes. The hotel should not carry the name of such a monarch as it disgraces the person and position it supposedly represents.
Response by Queen Kapiolani Hotel
Aloha, Please accept our sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience. I met with our TEAM and addressed these short-falls. I also apologize that you did not receive your confirmation that included the details of the parking charges. Many parking facilities around Waikiki charge upwards of $30 or more per day and having a valet-only parking arrangement, assures our guest with vehicles will be accommodated. We are grateful that you took the time to share your experience and we will definitely strive to improve our guest experience, Mahalo, Ed Saunders General Manager
Fletch
"Queen Kapiolani"
This was my second time in Hawaii but my first time staying in a hotel. I was looking for something nice but also affordable. I booked this hotel from this site and prayed it would be okay. It was Great! It was a block away from the beach, and close to EVERYTHING! The staff was super friendly and always there to help. I don't think you need the most modern hotel, or the biggest pool to have a good time on vacation and Queen Kapiolani didn't disappoint. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. Its clean, and you can get everywhere from the location. If you are looking for a place to put your bags down, sleep comfortably and not worry- Queen Kapiolani is the place for you. And it wont break your wallet! Please check this place out. Cant wait to go back! Aloha!! :)
5 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
Naomi
"Friendly staff"
The car valet service was quick and efficient and the people were helpful and friendly. My room was in pristine condition although the lighting was dim. Unfortunately it faced Kapahulu Ave which is a very busy street and the noise of the traffic and pedestrians was quite loud. Overall, my stay was a good one.
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
carolyn
"Nice Hotel in a Great Location"
The hotel is in a great location about a half of a block from Waikiki Beach. Our room had a lovely view of Diamond Head and a partial ocean view. The pool deck is spacious, and has wonderful views of Diamond Head. The staff is nice and friendly, and the rooms are clean. Our only complaint was that we had an older air conditioning unit which was very loud. Many of the rooms had newer units, but our wing did not.
3 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
"Will stay here again"
We'd stay here again. Great customer service and nice hotel overall.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
anuhea
"Hawaii for work"
I was given a great. Room on the seventh floor.
2 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Honeymoon in Paradise"
We were quite happy with booking our stay here for our honeymoon. Both my wife and I aren't to picky about hotels so that helps a lot. When we booked the room, we had requested a higher floor to avoid any noise, and we actually got it (15th floor). The hotel overall is a little out dated, but we have seen a lot worse. It was clean upon arrival, the front desk staff was very friendly. We didnt really use the hotel for everything it had and offered. Went to the pool once and thought it was nice that it was open till 10pm? most places I've notice closes at 7 or 8pm. In the lobby there is a tour guide information, ice cream store, little convenience store, and a spa. We never used the valet since we didnt rent a car. Loved how it was conveniently located within 2 minutes walking distance to Waikiki Beach, across from the Honolulu Zoo (wife LOVES animals), had an amazing view of Diamond Head. Overall, we would probably come back to Queen Kapiolani next time we come back. The price is right for what they offer.
5 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"View of neighboring buildings. Not great."
Did not receive the room we clearly were charged for. And there was no reimbursement to compensate us for the poor quality room we stayed in.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
J
From the time I checked in, till the time I checked, I had a great stay. Hotel is accesible to all bus routes, a short walk to the bech and stores. Waking up to watch the sun rise over the mountain of Diamond Head was a treat. I would recommend this hotel!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Paid for the cheapest city view room and was upgraded to a ocean view suite for free! Staff were very friendly, beautiful hotel, and free internet!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"great location friendly staff"
Great location. Gave us an Upgrade without us even asking. Nice pool and diner. Gave us late checkout. I would recommend.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
james
"GREAT LOCATION FOR THE PRICE"
Great location at the other end to Waikiki Beach close to Diamond Head, but close to the beach. Inexpensive compared to other hotels. Staff, esp. valets were helpful. Would stay again.
3 night trip Oct 12, 2014