All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
5353 Westheimer RdHoustonTX77056United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

Service is adequate
    Dirty
"Need to do better!"
Made the reservations on hotel.com. Get there to check in and my room was not ready. Had to wait 1 hour and a half just to check in. Then there is a line at the elevators.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2016
Seanriley
The hotel was nice,room size cleanliness was excellent. Need to get better parking and elevators were a disaster.
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
Kaleka
"Never again."
Very disappointing. Upon arrival, we were told our reservation had been cancelled, so they had to re-book us, at a higher rate. The hotel was very noisy and crowded, with only one of the four elevators working. So it sometimes took 15 minutes to get downstairs (we were on the 21st floor). Housekeeping never serviced our room while we were there, despite our requesting it after it had not been serviced late in the day or our first day there. You cannot call the front desk from the room (we got a busy signal, the entire weekend) and if you call housekeeping you can only leave a voicemail.
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2016
Peggy
"Safe, fun, and great shopping!"
Our stay was great, we'll be back!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
Roy
"Meh... not worth it"
The room was stinky,the whole floor was stinky. Check in was at 3 wasn't in my room until 530. "Security" was ridiculous. Maybe they have a hooker problem but I've never been anywhere that required your guests to show id
1 night trip Feb 20, 2016
"Too much partying"
This hotel is in a great location that is close the the Galleria and tons of good restaurants. The staff was very friendly and were trying very hard to provide the best customer service possible. The problem that I had with my stay had to do with the hotel's apparent reputation for being a party hotel. It seemed like the majority of the guests were throwing parties in the suites and there were a ton of people roaming the lobby and halls. The staff and security was trying very hard to make guests feel safe, but I felt uneasy both nights. When I talked with the front desk about it, they told me that they are trying very hard to steer away from this party hotel reputation, but you can tell that they feel defeated. Parking was also an issue. The parking garage is small and when you have multiple rooms having parties, there was not enough parking and you had to valet. If you are traveling alone or with a family, I would not stay here.
2 night trip Feb 19, 2016
Vincent
"Not good"
Elevator broke and stuck for 45 min. Arguing about wifi because I had work to do on computer and they gave me the run around for code which never happened at Hilton before. It was a mess I had a suite and no wifi
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
Beware extra charges -- wifi extra, parking a whopping $24 extra in a very crowded tiny parking garage.
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
"Do not stay at the double tree"
The hotel was terrible. I always stay at this hotel, but this time it was horrendous. The very first room we received smelled like a dead rodent. They knew it smelled because the door was propped open. The second rooms ventilation smelled as well. You were forced to valet because the parking garage was full, and the valet service took forever. At one point and time they only had 1 elevator working out of 4.
2 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2016
Ricky
"I'm surprise they don't charge for toilet paper..."
We didn't have much issue, but there are no signs telling you anything. We also had breakfast included in our stay, but others didn't and it was very awkward sitting there when those guest figured out they'd have to pay $20.00 per adult for a breakfast that was mass cooked, and not all that great...We also didn't know if our stay included Valet or Self parking...cause even to park yourself is additional...If we go to Houston again, we will stay further out, cause all the additional costs aren't worth it...even Internet cost extra...
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
"Perfect Stay"
our stay was very relaxing and breath taking. This is our 3rd time staying there and my husband loves it!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
The room was great, but the construction was a little annoying. On any regular day we would have been up and around, but we were trying to sleep in, because it was valentines weekend, my fiance's birthday and first trip in a while from the kids.
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
"Doubletree was worth it"
Overall good stay perfect for our getaway with so much to do.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
"Great Tree!!"
My stay at the Double Tree was great! The service was great and the room was big enough for my family!!!
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Kary
"Dingy Rooms Unfriendly Staff"
The staff was not friendly and the room was a little dingy. No major problems it would not return.
Response by Guest Relations
Dear Guest, Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your visit with us in Houston. We regret to read that you faced challenges regarding service. This is certainly not the standard of excellence that we strive to uphold at our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to us in a private message with your contact information. We would be happy to speak to you about the details of your stay and make your situation right.
Romance trip Feb 11, 2016
"Loved it!"
It was amazing we got such a great deal through hotels.com! They saved us $45 for a king suite! We should have booked both nights through hotels.com, but now we know for next time :) staff is great! Walking distance to the galleria mall and other resturants and shopping including a CVS. I highly recommend this hotel!
Response by Guest Relations
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with us at DoubleTree Galleria. Finding a great rate is always exciting when planning travel and we are glad you were able to arrange this for your visit. We appreciate your compliments of our team members' performance and are glad you enjoyed our convenient location to Galleria and other shopping options. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Romance trip Feb 8, 2016
Tara
"Just OK"
Hotel is being renovated. Tiny room. A/C was not that cold. Might be better after renovation.
Response by Guest Relations
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of your stay with us in Houston. The hotel is currently undergoing an evolution of improvement for our guests. We apologize if this was an inconvenience during your stay and hope you may consider accommodations with us in the future so we can demonstrate our improvement.
Romance trip Feb 4, 2016
Stephen
"WORST HOTEL OF MY LIFE. WORST MANAGER."
Literally my worst stay at a hotel ever. They kicked me out of my room stating that I had more than the allowed guests in my room. I personally checked my own guests into my room and they signed in on their guest sign in sheet. They NEVER informed me how many guests I was allowed to have and they continued to allow me to check in guests. WHY WOULD YOU ALLOW ME TO CHECK IN GUESTS IF IT WAS MORE THAN THE REQUIRED?! AND THEN PROCEED TO KICK ME OUT OF THE SUITE I PAID FOR?! This was ridiculous. NEVER had I had worse service. When trying to talk to the manager about the problem she failed to show me on paper where it said how many guests I was allowed to have even though she claimed that I signed an agreement form. She couldn't prove it AND she continued to kick me out even though it was midnight and it was pouring rain at night with flooding on the roads. Even the other hotel employees felt bad for me and said that maybe I could just stay the night but the manager didn't give in. She was so rude! On top of that while I was being kicked out for this ridiculous reason there was another girl being kicked out too. Never had I ever encountered a hotel with this little compassion for its customers on a night with pouring rain and undriveable conditions. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. THEY WILL NOT TREAT YOU WELL.
3 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Diana
"Horrible Stay"
Horrible stay. I had a suite with a living room, full kitchen and 2 beds in the bedroom. ( the sofa was also a pull out sleeper). Unfortunately this hotel has a rule that only 5 people can be in a room at any given time. This didn't make sense to me when my room could sleep 6. Also my room was suppose to have a balcony and it did not... I blame hotels.com for the false advertising though. The only reason the room limit was a problem for me was because I got the room so all my girlfriends could meet up so we could go out together ... The hotel wouldn't even let them in and even had a rude delivery when relaying the information to me. Also they have construction going on in the hotelso it will wake you up and they don't warn you about this before hand. I'm very disappointed in this hotel ... It has always been a pleasure with my previous experiences but literally NEVER AGAIN.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2016
Tesia
"Good, and getting better soon!"
A great place near the Galleria and lots to do in the area and the rooms are great - we appreciate the extra size of the suites. Looking forward to when the renovations are done!
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"Perfect"
It was perfect, perfect treatment from the staff and overall service.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Jordan
"Construction, chaos, find another hotel"
HORRIBLE, construction, room not ready, parking expensive, had to stay in a lesser-than-booked room.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Shawn
Hotel was being remodeled. It would be a good idea to call and confirm your reservation. First room I got was nice but there was no water in the kitchen. I was told that they would look into moving me in several hours. I called Hotels.Com and was moved within minutes. All else was good.
2 night family trip Jan 14, 2016
Jackie
Quite disappointed with my whole experience. We made reservations a month in advance, upon arrival we found hotel overbooked and could not check in. After waiting 4 hours we were given a room, not what was reserved, but at least it was a room. Some other annoyances: noise from the road could be heard in the room, self parking cost an additional $30 a day, housekeeping never cleaned our room........
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
Terrible room conditions. Tons of dust with construction.
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
Analisa
We've stayed here before. The staff is lovely. This time, there was construction, our first room smelled and had a sticky floor in bathroom, had to call for hot water before being able to shower in second room , and the coffee maker didn't work. They offset our bill by $14 for the inconveniences which was ridiculous. They did offer to take off the valet charge which I refused. Those guys were doing their jobs competently. The hotel is disgusting. Will not return. Too bad, because the staff is lovely except for the manager who should have done more.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
larry
"Amazing views great weekend stay here"
Staff very friendly and helpful. Valet service very prompt.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
"Unhappy"
Horrible my it was a bunch of my friends that flew in from California that couldn't come up into my room and when I got back I had to show two forms of ID
1 night business trip Dec 31, 2015
Romeo
"Good stay!"
Small rooms. Had to move rooms because the first one had a strong smell of cigar. The hotel staff was very friendly and had no problems in moving us to another room. Part of the hotel is being remodeled so we were moved to one of the remodeled rooms, more spacious, no smell, and clean Our night stay was good overall!
1 night trip Nov 22, 2015
M.G.
"Terrible Service, Communication, and Construction"
They failed to mention that they were renovating. I was awoken each day by the sounds the construction crew was making. The hallways were dusty, and covered in plastic. Has a odd odor as well. And to top off my stay, the suite that I had booked weeks ahead. Was not available when I checked in. So they put me in a standard room. Didn't offer to drop my price. Nor would they give me the room I paid for. Instead they offered a couple of breakfast Buffett coupons, to their restaurant(good for one stay). Which did not impress us, we definitely would not have paid for that breakfast. I could not even speak to a manager, I'd ask to speak to one, get told it'd be a minute, then I would get impatient and leave after standing around for 5 mins. I'm very unhappy with my experience at this hotel. I will not be staying at another Hilton.
3 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
"Doubletree Galleria/Houston"
This hotel is under complete remodeling. Do not book this hotel unless you are ok with staying in a construction zone. The staff is nice and tries to accommodate the best they can, but it is very hard to overlook the amount of construction and the sites and sounds from a full remodel. I was called prior to our stay letting me know they could not honor my reservation with 2 queen beds. I agreed to take the king suite and the rate was lowered. Free wifi was also added for the inconvenience. Our room was very big. We had an issue with the heat (blowing cold air). I called down and someone came to check it out and it was working, but not at full capacity. We called a second time when the heat started to blow cold air and no one returned the call, but it was late. Then at 8 am the construction workers began drilling and hammering right next to our room. I went downstairs to complain and was told the construction should not begin until 9 or 10 am. I was compensated with free parking and let them know we would be checking out that day to another hotel. When they are finished with the remodel, I am quite sure the hotel will be nice and both my husband and I agree we would probably stay there, however staying in a construction zone on a fun family trip is not my idea of fun.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
"Great room"
Did not like the wait on the check in time but the room was real nice and the service was good.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Annie
Terrible service , they was remodeling while there loudly. Room smelled like smoke , could never get a hold of front desk.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
"Booked Suit and got a Janitors Closet"
I was looking for a hotel room with a balcony and a spacious room for a one night get away. When I was online I came across this hotel and was VERY excited to surprise my boyfriend with a romantic night with a view and no stress. When I booked the room I booked a King Suite with a balcony and upon arriving I was extremely disappointed. As we checked in, the front desk told us they only had a double queen or a king available due to "remodeling". Naturally, we chose the king bedroom, she handed us the card and we were located on the 4th floor (not much of a view). We rode up the elevator and when the doors opened we were greeted by a hotel hallway covered in cellophane. We found our room and I was OUTRAGEOUSLY disappointed by the smallest room I have EVER seen! (this INCLUDES the crumby motel 8 rooms I have stayed in as a kid on road trips) This room not only was missing the space, but it had a queen size bed, and the balcony was missing and was replaced by a SMALL window that had a PERFECT view of a NEIGHBORING ROOM!! We tried to make it work and but ended up leaving because we were both so upset and disappointed. I have NEVER received a room that was SO FAR OFF from what I actually booked like I did with this place. Needless to say, my trust in this hotel to provide the accommodations and promised reservations that were purchased is officially non-existent.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
Morgan
"This hotel is in the process of being renovated."
Current renovations did not bother me, as I was gone most of the day, but if you are staying in the room during the day, you may not appreciate the hammering. There was plastic on the floor in the hallway, but that wasn't a big deal. Room was always clean, appliances all worked, beds were reasonably comfortable. One weird thing was that it took at least 3-4 minutes to get warm water out of the shower. Once it warmed up it stayed hot, though. This long warmup period may change once the renovating is done. I'd stay here again, since it is within walking distance to the galleria.
Suzi
"Spacious rooms"
Upon arrival the front desk was chaotic to say the least. They mentioned they were busy which I understand. However communicate and empathize with your waiting customers. Renovations are under way so I was on the Un remodled floor with the plastic. Rooms were spacious which was a plus but ready for an update.
Spacious Rooms
"Service was okay, it could have been alot betteer"
Service was not all that great. I have recieved better service.
Love the staff
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us in Houston. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and look forward to your return. Have a great day.
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
"Love this hotel"
This hotel is in a great central area of Houston. High traffic area considering it is close to the mall but that's to be expected. Very clean even though they are doing renovations. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
misha
"Nice but not so nice."
Hotel was under construction. Not a problem. I check-in and went to my room on the 16th floor. The key did not work. I came back down to the lobby/front desk and explained my key did not work. The lady laughs and explains that the manager came to the front desk to help because everyone was busy and he probably didn't remember how to do the keys....laugh, laugh, laugh. I did not find it funny! I take my new key go back to the 16th floor, after passing the armed guards to the elevator, and find my girlfriend patiently waiting for me with our luggage on the cart. I try the key and again it does not work. I swear and ask her to once again wait for me as I go down stairs to the front desk. I get a different lady (third one) and she tells me she is calling maintenance and they get me into the room as soon as possible. How long will that take I ask? She did not know. I told her that this is not my problem it is her problem.....the hotels. Do not not make me/us wait for maintenance in the hallway as that is not what I paid for, please give me a new room and you and maintenance solve your problem. She agreed and gave me a new room on the 23rd floor and we gained access. We had forgot a bag in the car that valet parked and so I picked up the phone to call valet to bring my car to retrieve the bag. The phone did not work!!! I could not call anyone to request valet, request food service or report a problem. The price versus the problems were not comparable.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"Lovely"
This was a great hotel to stay at !!!
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Jecajun
"Great Value with Spacious Accommodations"
The staff was friendly and helpful. I expected the usual with a hotel under renovation. But I found that my room was not completely clean when I arrived. I went to the Bar for a dinner salad and the beer chest had rusty hardware as well as the fact that the bar itself looked as if the bar employees did not care to clean up after themselves. Empty six pack cartons were just thrown in between the chest and the cabinets. It made me wonders how clean was anything in the hotel really....
Other trip Dec 15, 2015
"Better luck next time"
Room clean but smell like smoke We put the air on and left.Return better. The hallway had plastic over the carpet Which seem to smell.I wish I had know they were remodeling
1 night trip Dec 5, 2015
sandra
"Hate It"
This hotel has been horrible for the second time around. They put me out of my room at four in the morning saying I wasn't supposed to be in there. I checked in two hours late because they didn't have any rooms. The management is horrible. They also had security impersonating a HPD but wasn't. My stay was horrible. I forwarded my videos about the staff to the media because the manager Ma. Fowle doesn't believe her staff did that. I wouldn't advise no one to stay there. The first time the bell guys lost my luggage for 3 hours in someone else room and my tablet was stolen an they didn't replace it.
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
"More Information Before I Book"
The front desk representatives were very nice and polite when we first checked in..I would've loved to know this hotel was under construction before we booked..Heard nothing but noise all day while trying to relax..The room itself was freezing so I turned the thermostat in our room up and we left but when we returned it was still freezing..We had to contact the front desk three times before the heat was turned in..The bed was awesomely comfortable..It was the best feature in our room..The closet in our room was missing four shutters like someone peeked thru them the whole time..We went to check out and was told that we had an extra charge for valet although we never used the valet parking..If you can't afford the extra 23$ per day for parking I recommend another hotel since there is no other public parking around..And lastly I'm still waiting on my $50 deposit to be reversed from a week ago and I am also waiting on some type of communication about my refund for he valet service.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
Miosme
Hotel is being renovated and the old rooms smell and are in bad shape. Elevator got stuck and we were stuck on high floor (not in the elevator) with 2 little kids until they fixed it. We also had no lock on the balcony door but they did come the next day to fix it. Staff is very friendly, and the location to the Galleria is very nice.
Other trip Dec 2, 2015
"Great place."
Great place to stay! Close to just about everything!
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us in Houston. We are glad to know you enjoyed our accommodations and location. We look forward to your return. Have a great day!
1 night trip with friends Nov 25, 2015
Amazing !!!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Lizbeth
Nice. Clean. Comfortable. Other than the construction taking place in the hotel everything was nice.
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
Cristina
"Very spacious room with a view"
The staff was very friendly! Our room was very spacious. The separate living area and bedroom gave a nice separation of space. The city view was nice. Walking distance to many different restaurants and shopping. One block from the Galleria. The nightly parking charge seemed a little high, but with so many places within walking distance, it was ok. They were doing major renovations during our stay, but we were never bothered by any kind of work noise, debris or dust. We would like to go back after the renovation is complete yo see how nice it looks.
Other trip Nov 29, 2015