All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
5353 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX, 77056, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Quite clean
    Bad amenities
"Worst Hotel Service Ever!!"
Me and my friends stayed 1night there for $165 plus $25 parking fee. We arrived at the hotel last Thursday night 10/08/2015 and checked in and got ready to leave to roam around the area. But as we were leaving the parking lot, the gate did not let us out, making us pay the parking fee while we were already supposed to pay it with the hotel cost. We came back to the hotel and told them the next morning about what happened. They offered us a refund and told us that they will send a check through the mail and call us about it. So they double charged us for parking fee. It has been 5 days and we haven't been contacted until we actually had to call them. In my opinion, this was the worst costumer service I have ever had in my life. If you are taking care of a customer about a cost or a refund, hospitality should come into play. Taking initiative and giving a customer a refund does not take a lot of effort and time. Next time, please take in consideration and show customers good honesty and integrity so you will not have the same problem again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
hye
Very nice hotel, the staff was very nice and helpful. We had a problem with the bathtube, ask them if they could send somebody to look at at, and they immediately sent somebody that took care of the problem. We has To extend our staying and they handle it with no problems. At breakfast the staff was also very nice, they even remember what type of coffee my wife had the day before and she did no have to ask for it, it was in our table really soon
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Nice hotel
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"Everything is extra."
Had to pay for wifi. Parking garage is overpriced and has no elevator. Restaurant was open for breakfast but no other time. Ordered room service for dinner for an item that was listed as $12.00. They charged an additional fee to bring it to my room. The restaurant wasn't open to eat it there so you have no option. Total cost was 19.57 I believe. When A/C is running, it's as if the blower is directly over your head while in bed.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
The room was clean and huge, but the front desk lady was very rude. Breakfast was not good based on its $$$ (They tasted like the free one you would get in other hotels.) Our room rate included parking and breakfast, which was a great deal. Overall, this hotel was just okay.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria
Dear Guest, Thank you for informing us of your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston by The Galleria. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and found it clean and huge. It's great to hear that you received an excellent rate including breakfast. We apologize for any challenges you faced regarding service and would ask you to reach out to wecare@dtsuites if you would like to discuss your situation in greater detail. Have a wonderful day.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Chingju
"The best staff ever!"
Deborah who works in the lounge/bar is just AWESOME! She was friendly and efficient. We were wanting to go out to eat and she took care of us. The next night we ate in the lounge and the food was great. The best hotel food ever, we should have eaten there both nights. Once again, Deborah was our server, there were 13 of us and she got ever order perfect! The shuttle drivers were pleasant and knowledgeable with the area. We had left some items that we needed in our car, the valet promptly retrieved our items for us. The staff and service was the best I have ever experienced.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
MA
"divinely done :)"
My sister and I stayed in a suite, and it was divine! She told me she's never slept as good as she did that night.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Della
"Staff in need of proper customer service"
Receptionist was not knowledgeable of acceptable state issued identification. Valet unorganized and rude! One ice machine for the entire hotel. Customer service deplorable for my guests and I will not book again in the future!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Terrionee
"Great location; walking distance to the Galleria"
Furniture and decor very outdated. Living room of suite was not clean. Friendly staff, attempted to rectify situation; i opted out. No upgrade offered. A lot of college students hang out here. I would not stay here again or recommend.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Family Stay; The GOOD and the BAD"
First let me say the location was great. Centrally located next to the Galleria. There were several great restaurants within a very short walking distance, etc. Also, the Staff was great. The issues I had were centered more around the condition of the facilities. It is an older hotel. I booked an Executive Level room that has access to the Executive Lounge on the top floor. Couple issues. THe lounge has very limited morning/evening hours and Closed on Weekend. We were there for a weekend and Had know idea. Paid and Useless. Another Issue. Executive rooms are advertised with Higher End furnishings and comfort. That WAS COMPLETELY FALSE. Room was OLD. THe Kitchen Cabinet looked 20+ years old and the doors were sticky and drooping in several areas. The plates/bowls/silverware, etc. were below basic cafeteria grade. Horrible. Also, the DISHWASHER was broken. To their credit they tried to fix. It required a full removal and I told them not to worry until we left. Other issues…THe sofa old not to comfortable, one phone didn't work, AC was uneven with cooling, coffee maker old and only one side worked. Lastly Don't pay for Valet. THe valet cars are within a fe feet she self park is very close and easy.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
christian
"ok visit with the family"
It was great exept the sofabed wich it was horrible!!!
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
It was okay, my only problem is that i was with them past week and im still waiting for they to unblock the amount the hold in my debit card.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
Víctor
"Loved it!!!"
Absolutely loved this hotel. Can't wait to stay here again! Wonderful staff and great rooms and location.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Noe
very nice hotel, good location
1 night trip Sep 27, 2015
Todd
Paying to park is expensive when it compiles daily.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
"Do not stay at this hotel"
My trip was absolutely horrible at this hotel. We came for a family gathering and the staff made it a horrible experience. When we first checked into the hotel room we had to switch rooms because of the smell and lack of cleanliness. They switched rooms no problem. Then out room didn't get cleaned for 2 days. I called five times to get the room cleaned. They finally came to clean the room at 10pm on the second day. On the third day at the hotel we asked for more towels and they sent them up no problem. A few hours later the front desk supervisor called to the room stating that there was going to be an additional charge for the room ($292.00) since our original reservation made on hotels.com only had two ppl listed on the reservation. We had six ppl in the room and also had a seven person suite. So I tried to talk to the supervisor they wouldn't listen to me and said that they had already pre authorized my card for the $292.00. After several failed attempts of getting ahold of the GM or a reasonable supervisor a rooms manager helped me and end up charging us 45 for the additional people in the room. However in order for her to do so I had to prove to her that hotels.com difference in charges as very minimal. Overall it was a nightmare
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Tori
"Would stay here again!"
Great location. We had 2 suite reservations for a bachelorette party and were able to get them together with a connecting room. Front desk service at check-in was great and when we got back to hotel at 3AM after a night of partying, the staff was fun and friendly. Check-out was smooth and they removed extra parking charges that I never used. Only bad thing is the elevators get super busy at check-out and would take forever (15 minute wait)!
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Danielle"
My fiancé & I were visiting family, but enjoyed our stay here! Everyone was very friendly & the breakfast was awesome as well!
2 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Danielle
"Best Deal"
Great price for the Galleria in Houston
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Great stay, warm staff
4 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
Eva
"Holy Parking Cost Batman!"
Room was great except for cost of parking which should be included in a hotel. Not $23 a day!
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"Highly recommend"
My husband's brother & his Fiance were visiting us from the Netherlands, so we decided to take a road trip from Dallas to Houston. The Doubltree Hilton Galleria was beautiful. Our Suites, and the staff (especially Dawn at the front desk) were AWESOME! If we have occasion to visit Houston again, we will definitely stay here!
3 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
April
My wifi never worked the whole stay! My first room was dirty! Felt like I was deceived by the pictures!!!!
3 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"BEWARE. NEVER GO HERE. NEVER STAY HERE."
Hotel was horrifying. Room was disgusting. They don't tell you you have to pay $23 minimum for parking EACH DAY and this is PER CAR. Never going here again they should be ashamed I cannot believe how much of my money they stole from me for a horrific experience.
3 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Madeleine
"Awesome experience!"
The front desk personel were extremely helpful and kind! I enjoyed the comfort, cleanliness and great environment, most of all the great price deal for a King room!
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
Yaqueline
"Good hotel - small bar/restaraunt"
It was good.
2 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
"Amazing Hotel"
I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. I loved the staff, loved my room, and absolutely loved those warm cookies they had ready every time I asked. My girlfriend and I throughly enjoyed our stay at the Double Tree Hotel in Houston on Weistheimer.
5 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Overnight visit in celebration of anniversary. Great bed and service
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
SHAKECIA
Nice hotel. Clean rooms. Horrible service! Took forever to bring necessary items. Valet is ridiculous. Should have gone to the Westin Hotel instead.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Jam
Great stay and very friendly
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Very disappointed"
Room smelled like onions cooking. Must have been right over the exhaust for the kitchen. AC was not working well and in humid Houston that's not good. Was finally offered a room change at 11:30 PM. Very disappointed. Will probably never stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
Todd
"Have stayed before will stay again"
Wait staff in 2nd floor café personable, excellent. Desk staff/Valets could improve friendliness quotient.
3 night business trip Sep 5, 2015
MICHAEL
"Not as nice as other Double Trees I have stayed in"
I was very disappointed that the drain in my tub was clogged and had not been fixed. I took a shower in half a foot of water.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
Carpet was all wet at the entrance. While walking on my socks have to change them. Lucky there were a spare pair.
1 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2015
OTNIEL
I didn't like that the hotel doesn't provide Wi-Fi. also there's a charge for parking lot I didn't That is not correct. I am not staying on this hotel anymore.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
BRENDA
"Great location, room needs to be updated"
The wall paper was beginning to fall down in one section. Two slats in the closet door were completely missing. I was very disappointed with this hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Terri
Parking is expensive. Get treated different than the other guest if you book through hotel.com. We were told a couple of times that "at your rate.." You do not get that, including a promised continental breakfast.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Douglas
"Great Deal!"
Excellent Hotel for the price and location. I look forward to my next visit to Houston.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Jules
"unpleasant stay"
The front desk clerk that check me in was rude. the kitchen part of the hotel room the water had a foul odor so it made the hotel room smell like rotten eggs. I reported this problem and nothing was done. I paid $23 for parking and when I came back to the room there was no where to park besides handicap. I also had a sign a statement saying that I wouldn't bring alcohol into the hotel and have no parties and I was confused about this policy.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
My husband and I was happy to stay in a huge suite king room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Mercy Wallace
Hotel needed serious updates. Rooms showed signs of wear and tear. Some of the walls were peeling off.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
We enjoyed our stay overall, but there were a few hiccups along the way. There was a wet and dirty washcloth left in our bathroom, I assume from cleaning the room before our arrival. There was no bath mat in the bathroom, and I requested one from the front desk, but no one ever brought one up. Also, there is a hefty parking fee at the hotel that was somehow left off of the description of the hotel, so that was an unpleasant surprise when we arrived. The room, besides the dirty washcloth, was clean and comfortable. We used the pool, which was fun and the pool area is pretty great. I just wish I had known about the parking fee and that we had received a bit better service during our stay.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Warm cookie!"
We enjoyed this trip. Shopping n eating on this area. Was close to events we went to will stay again
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Deborah
"Movies?"
Everything was great. They even upgraded me to a suite for free. Only problem was the movie service didn't work.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Brock
"Houston Business Trip"
In town for business The Hotel was beautiful but our suite looked like it need some love Windows were dirty, Lamp shades were torn and the AC took forever to really cool down and The Beds were not what I'm accustomed to from Hilton Beds were uncomfortable As far as space it was nice size, Service was great and the staff very friendly
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Nice hotel. Restaurant is lacking. Food was fair. Breakfast was better
4 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
I only intended to stay one night but was forced to stay a second night by staff because I booked it after midnight. How hard is it to adjust a hotel booking that has available rooms? Little irritated but other than that it was great.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2015
"great"
I love everything about it i would always stay there
4 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Gina
"Never again"
I have never had so many problems as I did in this hotel. I as well as other passengers got stuck in the elevator. The hot water took between 5-10 minutes to warm up daily. The toilet clogged. The mattress cover had blood stains. Other than this hotel being is a good area, it was not a good experience. I usually stay in a Marriott chain, this trip I took a chance on Doubletree. I would never recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Nicole
"Location, Location, Location!"
Needed a day to myself and booked one night at DoubleTree Suites Galleria. Excellent location especially the arrays of shopping outlets and awesome restaurants to satisfy your taste buds. Overall, this DoubleTree Suites would of have gotten 5 stars rating but due to front desk agent assigned my room next to the elevator,I give it a 4.5 rating.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2015