All hotels in Dublin, Ireland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePembroke Road Ballsbridge, Dublin, Dublin, 4, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Low water pressure"
Would have liked a lot more water pressure on the 8th floor.
2 night family trip Oct 5, 2013
"Excellent location, fair food, nice staff."
Very comfortable room in the tower, only drawback was some of the restaurant staff-- slow and easily distracted.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
mike
"Great place with mediocre service"
Foreign staff had difficulty understanding my English, but really that wasn't the worst part of it. It was more of an attitudinal issue--kind of uppity about services, and everything costs extra. The worst part was that every time we took a shower, the smoke detector alarmed, and they would call us (at inconvenient moments) to ask us if we were taking a shower, and to please open the window. At times, it was too cold to open the window, but we tried to oblige as much as possible. They really need a better exhaust system in the bathroom to take care of the shower steam, and maybe change to placement of the smoke detector further away from the bathroom??? For the number of stars and the style of the hotel, the room would be expectedly bigger. I liked the location, as it was in a beautiful neighborhood, even if it was a bit of a walk or bus ride from down town area. Several bus loads of seniors were checking in when we did, and this did cause some delay, but overall, the reception desk was receptive to our needs, even though all 4 of them had telephone receivers pressed to their ears most of the time.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Not what I was lead to believe"
Wifi did not work even after paying for it. I made 6 call to front desk regarding wifi, heat on in room and no way to turn it off. Slept with window open. You need to take a bus into town, but no one at front desk had bus info. Book in room had info regarding airport bus, but it was a service no longer available. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"two rooms and two different experiences"
We booked two rooms for my family of adults (husband and I and 3 grown daughters). Without knowing it, we booked them in two different wings of the hotel. The Tower room with king size bed was very nice with a/c but the other room for my daughters was a triple in an older wing without a/c and no breeze from full east facing windows. This room was hot and humid no matter what time of day. They had several small problems arise which were not taken care of without several calls to the front desk. However, my husband and I had a great experience in the Tower Room with prompt service when needed. The front desk attendants were very helpful in person and we loved the restaurant food (I recommend the lamb shank meal - superb!) I would stay again but only if booking into the Tower wing. Also, this hotel is within walking distance of several good dining areas and is conveniently on the bus routes. However, it is a fair distance from the city center (2 miles aprox.) if walking -which presents a problem for those who cannot easily walk (I was recovering from a previous knee injury).
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
The staff was WONDERFUL - very helpful and we had major challenges and they provided great assistance all around. The food was excellent - a little pricey - but very good!!! The hotel was totally clean / just a little outdated - but no real complaints - very grateful indeed!!~
3 night trip Jul 30, 2013
adrian
"Average"
Not bad, but with the kind of place it could be better
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Nice place."
The Ballsbridge was great overall. Two things. It's a bit of a hike from the Temple Bar area if you don't like walking. They wanted to charge 7 Euro a day for wifi access. Easy enough to find free hotspots and I'm sure they will figure that out soon enough.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2013
"Good hotel, not too far from the city attractions."
The hotel room was nice. The wifi in the room was fickle. It seems a standard practice in Ireland to be charged for wifi service in a hotel. This is not necessarily the common practice in the US, especially for a nicer hotel.
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Very helpful front desk staff"
We spent 3 nights here as we had one night before our bus tour of Ireland was supposed to start and 2 nights there as part of our tour. The hotel front desk staff was excellent. I needed assistance twice with things and they were very attentive and helpful and it was very much appreciated. Omar was very helpful with concierge related matters for me when the concierge was away from their desk. Another gal was very helpful letting me use their front desk phone to contact my phone provider as I had no cell phone service. Our room did not feel very clean. There were two stains from leaks in the ceiling. One in the closet appeared to have mold around it. I did let the front desk know about this when we left so hopefully they will repair and repaint it. The location by a bus stop to get to town center was right outside the hotel which made it very convenient for us to get there and back. So as I said the staff was very good. The condition of room was not.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
N. Koerner
"It's a great place to stay"
Only negative was the shower area grout around the tiles needed replacing as there was mold stains. Otherwise, this is great polace to stay. A suggestion: ask for a room away from the lifts as you will have a much quieter night.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
kb
"Desperately needs renovations"
Very unhappy with the condition of the rooms. You can tell it used to be a very nice place but has fallen into disrepair. mold in the shower, missing light bulbs, a hole in the mirror was covered with a piece of white cardboard, TV was snowy on every channel. When I complained about the mold in the shower they told me that they would fix it before the next patron, like that was any consolation to me.The Hotel was very close to the DART station making it easy to get into the city centre.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
"One night in Dublin"
Just ok.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2012
"Pretty Good Hotel"
Friendly, helpful staff. Pillows were super thin. Quieter part of Dublin, about a 30 minute walk to downtown.
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
"Great location, but badly needs a update."
The people at the check in desk were great, very helpful. The bar tenders were very bad terrible service. The hotel needs to be remodelled badly.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2012
JR
"Run Down"
Old hotel, run down.Beat up furniture, smallest TV on the planet and lots and lots of stains all over the place.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
"mediocre"
Hotel claims premium bedding but I could feel the springs in the mattress. The press in the room did not work. No microwave or refrigerator but did have a water heater. We used the complimentary tea the first day and did not get another refill for a week. There was a chair in the room with some sort of disgusting stain on it. Other than these issues the staff was ok, location was great for what we needed, restraunt had good food too. I stayed because of the great proce I got but likely would not stay again.
10 night family trip Aug 3, 2012
J. Musgrove
"nice for short stay"
This is a good place for a short stay but a longer stay one might want a place closer to city center. If a fridge or a safe for your valuables are important to you, this is not the place for you. Breakfast buffet is wonderful but if you can wait until you get into the city, a full Irish breakfast is about 5Euro. Everyone was nice and helpful at the hotel, room was clean and quiet.
8 night trip Jun 26, 2012
DJM
"Poor Management"
This hotel is owned by the Irish government after going into bankruptcy. The entire hotel needs serious updating. The TV is vintage, beds are poor, Magic marker writing on the carpet in the room. Even the bar as nice as it could be was out of most beer , amazing for Ireland.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2012
Had a wonderful stay. Great location with blue bus direct to and from the airport. Staff was friendly and very friendly.
Other trip Jun 20, 2012
The hotel in general was not up to 4* standards - the rooms were dated and in need of modernisation. There was no information folder in the room, no safe, no mini bar - all things you expect from a 4* establishment. The room also lacked a bath plug which I had to request, had only 4 hangers in the closet - not enough when you have 6 days worth of clothing - I requested some more but never received any. I also requested in advance of our stay via email that we have an ironing board and iron in our room - this was not there on arrival and I had to ask for this again. The net curtains had cigarette burns in them, smokey smell in the hotel corridors despite it being 'no smoking', toiletries were not replenished on a daily basis. However, the linen and towels were clean and the hotel quiet so we did sleep well on every night of our stay. For the price it was fine - but should not be calling itself a 4* star hotel.'
Other trip Jun 15, 2012
We didn't realise some rooms had been renovated until we saw the room friends were staying in. The hotel did move us the following night because our original room smelled of smoke. The hotel was, in general, good, however it felt there was a lack of attention to detail and services offered e.g. no option of mini bar / room service / welcome info pack / details on how to use the tv. The housekeeping staff were quite noisy early in the morning.
Other trip Jun 12, 2012
"A Good Walking Site"
Convenient to Lansdowne Road Dart station. Embassy/residential type neighborhood with leafy side streets off of Northumberland Road. Good bus service from hotel area. Seemed very safe. Hotel itself shows well from exterior. Had a double room. Beds very hard/ pillows meager. Great bathroom. HVAC was good. TV was tube type and small. Limited station selection...surely Ireland has good digital service avail. Staff was not particularly engaging-stiff. Business center was not free access and no free wifi.....bummer. Food expensive at restaurant. Probably not a repeat visit facility for me.
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2012
"Fits the bill"
A good hotel if using it as a base of operation for sightseeing etc. An easy 25 minute walk from Stephen's Green with plenty of spots in between for eating and/or drinking. Convenient bus stop just outside the door that services the airport as well as local buses to get you to the city center if you choose not to take the pleasant walk. The room was clean and quiet. Odd that they don't provide free internet connectivity but you can buy unlimited time for about 5 Euro per day. I'd stay there again.
9 night trip May 23, 2012
Pat
"Good Value"
We had a great time at the Ballsbridge hotel. There aren't necessarily all of the services (we took our own bag to our room), but it is fairly new, clean, and has friendly staff. We walked into town each day, and enjoyed live music in the bar on certain nights. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip May 25, 2012

"For Business"
Overall good location, but the hotel rooms appear tired and dated.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
Arfan
"below average"
we just stayed for a night and that also few hour. but this hotel is not recommended by me for couples. it might be a good hotel for business but not for couples .
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Saurabh
IN
"Charming Ballsbridge"
This was the third of three places I stayed on a trip around England and Ireland, and was the best of the lot. Extremely comfortable, bit pricey for breakfast, but there are a bunch of restaurants just up the street. A bit far from the centre of the city, but I walk a lot on vacation so this was not an issue; could possibly get tedious if you are taking cabs everywhere.
2 night trip May 7, 2015
Allester
"Basic Needs for Business..........."
As a business person I would expect 3 basics for a hotel as a minimum standard apart a clean and comfortable bedroom - internet that functions reasonably well, a warm shower and a tv that has the main local channels in a watchable fashion - this hotel failed to deliver these 3 basics. So I cut my stay short and left after 1 night and found a hotel that could offer these basics!
2 night business trip May 7, 2015
Trevor
"Lovely hotel in great spot"
The staff are really nice and friendly.
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Hotel Good but not the service"
the hotel was good but with the only glitch that the handover within the restaurant staff is awful. I ordered food as room service and was given a SLA of 30mins to deliver after 45 mins when I went inquire about the food I was told the food you ordered is not available. This was completely mismanaged attitude and the staff was not v apologetic as well.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"mark rogan"
Excellent
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
mark
"Average"
What used to be first class hotel fast becoming below average. Room not cleaned fully from previous guest and room service still not done by 4pm next day.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Great for a night (but expensive parking)"
All good, although watch out for the expensive parking (€10.50 for one night).
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"How can we help?!!"
Not good at booking restaurants - We asked (at 4.30 same day) for a booking at "The Winding Stair" for 7/7.30 on Friday 1st May when we arrived we were told nobody phoned until just before we arrived at 7.10 and by then it was fully booked. We did complain and they apologised and gave us a free continental breakfast next day.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Anthony
"Return to an old favourite"
I was pleased to return to spend a few days in the pleasant and leafy surburb of Ballsbridge in a mellowing hostellry which I used frequent many years ago for late evening snacks and drinks with friends who worked in the locality. Though beginning to show signs of maturity there are reassuring reminders of former oppulence, slightly heigher ceilings in the rooms, attractive marblework in the bathrooms. In contrast the mainly youthful staff were uniquely courteous and helpful which made for a most pleasant and relaxing sojourn.
4 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Brendan
"to see family"
Had a lovely stay at the ballsbridge hotel would stay there again
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
ellen
"ballsbridge"
Lovely spacious rooms with really comfortable beds. Room was a bit warm due to good weather but fan for room was provided as soon as we requested it. Friendly staff and ideal location. Would definitely stay again
2 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2015
"Bar food not great"
Staff friendly but bar food too expensive burger and chips €15 Side order of coleslaw was like something left over from previous days. Rooms very comfortable and breakfast very nice
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Come on Bath!!!!"
Hotel was in a good position for getting about on buses, the Dart or taxis, and an easy walk to the Aviva stadium for the rugby match. Friendly staff, comfortable beds and good food.
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"super/super"
What a hotel, 10/10
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
Patrick
"march 2015"
We found it hard to find the lobby from the lifts. Otherwise we had a lovely time.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
anne
"Brilliant"
Had a wonderful stay. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel location perfect for us- close to town.
2 night trip with friends Mar 30, 2015
Marie
"Hotel review"
Hi the only thing I can say is there was three people in are room and only had toiletries for 2 a also tea and coffee was not very plentiful
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
KENNETH
"Visit to Dublin"
Meet with hospitality. Everything was as expected. Food was good. Service great and location hard to beat.
2 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
Denise
"hotel review"
Generally v.good.but room was too warm.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Not bad- mixed experience"
Went here for business- stayed one night. Not a good start as first room literally stank- either a mould issue or someone had ben smoking. To be fair they moved me with no fuss and some of the staff were good at CX. Stayed in an exec room- they are a good size- kind bed was comfy- shower was powerful.They are the two keys things top of my list but there was a lot of noise coming from pipework or something throughout the night which was a little frustrating..I should have drunk more guiness to help with the sleep. I didn't watch TV but it looked small for the room size. Hotel does a decent breakfast and has its own adjourning bar. Walking distance to other bars and restaurants nearby. Overall for £70 B&B this was ok but nothing to rant and rave about.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Alistair
"Overall Great Hotel in great part of Dublin"
Really nice hotel, great and friendly staff - only thing I would say is if you end up in a room near the elevators ask to be moved (it was quite noisy). Would stay there again though.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Miltiades
"Friday night stay"
Friendly staff and nice surroundings. Some revamp of the rooms and bathrooms is required, but overall a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015