All hotels in Dublin, Ireland
Pembroke Road Ballsbridge, Dublin, Dublin, 4, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful in arranging Taxi's and early breakfasts when we had trips scheduled. Staff very responsive for requests. Security caem through and ensured guests were not disturbing others after about 9:30 pm - nice on the nights you really need ot sleep for early mornings.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Painting over the cracks"
This hotel charges 3 star prices, for 2 star rooms and 1 star service. The room we were given looked NOTHING like the rooms shown either on Hotels.com or the Ballsbridge Hotel's own site. The 1st room we were given had cigarette burn marks on the curtains, exposed wiring in the bathroom and smelled of mold. We had to move room 3 times to find one that was satisfactory and even this room was far from ideal; little of no water pressure, no extractor fan in the bathroom, no climate control (just a radiator), windows did not open. Room Service call redirected to an answering machine that was not manned and then redirected to hotel reception and if you eventually got thru to reception to ask them anything they replied (each one of them over a 6 day period) with distain and general put-out-ness. Never staying here again and would advise any other who is in anyway looking for comfort or convenience to look elsewhere at this price range.
6 night trip Dec 3, 2013
Thom Franey
"Good hotel - but not that close to city center"
We stayed in Dublin for 2 nights and were pleased overall with our experience. They upgraded our room since it was the off season. The bar/restaurant attached to the hotel is good and convenient when you get in late and don't want to take a taxi somewhere else to eat. It is about a 45 minute walk to some of the main sites in Dublin. We put in for breakfast room service but they had never some to get our order off the door as the instructions specify. So we did not get our breakfast before we left. But overall a good hotel for the money.
3 night romance trip Nov 1, 2013
DCS
"Great if you are going to a conference at RDS"
The hotel was very nice, beautiful even. There was some painting and remodelling being done on our floor, but nothing we heard while sleeping (and we slept late). Our room was really comfortable and clean. I was there for WebSummit so it was close to RDS, but you needed to take a taxi to the town center. Taxis are surprisingly cheap in Dublin, so if you have a few people it won't cost more than 3 euro each to get there. One of my biggest problems was with the wifi. You have to pay 20 euro for 5 days (cheaper for less) and you can only use it per device. We found out after so many problems that we could use it one at a time on different devices, but then I couldn't transfer it off my phone. Huge problems with the wifi, but it's done through another service provider.
5 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
"Refurbishing..be aware"
Spent the first night with paint fumes and turpentine.. They gladly moved us in the morning when we complained but I wish we hadn't spent all night the night before.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Low water pressure"
Would have liked a lot more water pressure on the 8th floor.
2 night family trip Oct 5, 2013
"Excellent location, fair food, nice staff."
Very comfortable room in the tower, only drawback was some of the restaurant staff-- slow and easily distracted.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
mike
"Great place with mediocre service"
Foreign staff had difficulty understanding my English, but really that wasn't the worst part of it. It was more of an attitudinal issue--kind of uppity about services, and everything costs extra. The worst part was that every time we took a shower, the smoke detector alarmed, and they would call us (at inconvenient moments) to ask us if we were taking a shower, and to please open the window. At times, it was too cold to open the window, but we tried to oblige as much as possible. They really need a better exhaust system in the bathroom to take care of the shower steam, and maybe change to placement of the smoke detector further away from the bathroom??? For the number of stars and the style of the hotel, the room would be expectedly bigger. I liked the location, as it was in a beautiful neighborhood, even if it was a bit of a walk or bus ride from down town area. Several bus loads of seniors were checking in when we did, and this did cause some delay, but overall, the reception desk was receptive to our needs, even though all 4 of them had telephone receivers pressed to their ears most of the time.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Not what I was lead to believe"
Wifi did not work even after paying for it. I made 6 call to front desk regarding wifi, heat on in room and no way to turn it off. Slept with window open. You need to take a bus into town, but no one at front desk had bus info. Book in room had info regarding airport bus, but it was a service no longer available. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"two rooms and two different experiences"
We booked two rooms for my family of adults (husband and I and 3 grown daughters). Without knowing it, we booked them in two different wings of the hotel. The Tower room with king size bed was very nice with a/c but the other room for my daughters was a triple in an older wing without a/c and no breeze from full east facing windows. This room was hot and humid no matter what time of day. They had several small problems arise which were not taken care of without several calls to the front desk. However, my husband and I had a great experience in the Tower Room with prompt service when needed. The front desk attendants were very helpful in person and we loved the restaurant food (I recommend the lamb shank meal - superb!) I would stay again but only if booking into the Tower wing. Also, this hotel is within walking distance of several good dining areas and is conveniently on the bus routes. However, it is a fair distance from the city center (2 miles aprox.) if walking -which presents a problem for those who cannot easily walk (I was recovering from a previous knee injury).
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
The staff was WONDERFUL - very helpful and we had major challenges and they provided great assistance all around. The food was excellent - a little pricey - but very good!!! The hotel was totally clean / just a little outdated - but no real complaints - very grateful indeed!!~
3 night trip Jul 30, 2013
adrian
"Average"
Not bad, but with the kind of place it could be better
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Nice place."
The Ballsbridge was great overall. Two things. It's a bit of a hike from the Temple Bar area if you don't like walking. They wanted to charge 7 Euro a day for wifi access. Easy enough to find free hotspots and I'm sure they will figure that out soon enough.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2013
"Good hotel, not too far from the city attractions."
The hotel room was nice. The wifi in the room was fickle. It seems a standard practice in Ireland to be charged for wifi service in a hotel. This is not necessarily the common practice in the US, especially for a nicer hotel.
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Very helpful front desk staff"
We spent 3 nights here as we had one night before our bus tour of Ireland was supposed to start and 2 nights there as part of our tour. The hotel front desk staff was excellent. I needed assistance twice with things and they were very attentive and helpful and it was very much appreciated. Omar was very helpful with concierge related matters for me when the concierge was away from their desk. Another gal was very helpful letting me use their front desk phone to contact my phone provider as I had no cell phone service. Our room did not feel very clean. There were two stains from leaks in the ceiling. One in the closet appeared to have mold around it. I did let the front desk know about this when we left so hopefully they will repair and repaint it. The location by a bus stop to get to town center was right outside the hotel which made it very convenient for us to get there and back. So as I said the staff was very good. The condition of room was not.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
N. Koerner
"It's a great place to stay"
Only negative was the shower area grout around the tiles needed replacing as there was mold stains. Otherwise, this is great polace to stay. A suggestion: ask for a room away from the lifts as you will have a much quieter night.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
kb
"Desperately needs renovations"
Very unhappy with the condition of the rooms. You can tell it used to be a very nice place but has fallen into disrepair. mold in the shower, missing light bulbs, a hole in the mirror was covered with a piece of white cardboard, TV was snowy on every channel. When I complained about the mold in the shower they told me that they would fix it before the next patron, like that was any consolation to me.The Hotel was very close to the DART station making it easy to get into the city centre.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
"One night in Dublin"
Just ok.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2012
"Pretty Good Hotel"
Friendly, helpful staff. Pillows were super thin. Quieter part of Dublin, about a 30 minute walk to downtown.
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
"Great location, but badly needs a update."
The people at the check in desk were great, very helpful. The bar tenders were very bad terrible service. The hotel needs to be remodelled badly.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2012
JR
"Run Down"
Old hotel, run down.Beat up furniture, smallest TV on the planet and lots and lots of stains all over the place.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012

"Brillant weekend break"
Staff very friendly and helpful. The only thing was the breafast menu would have liked more fruit available. The overall breakfast was excellent. Hotel old and probably in need of fresh coat of paint in the bedrooms. We had a wonderful weekend and will defintely use this hotel again and pass on to our friends.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
caroline
"Out of date"
Good stay however in need of a revamp, the pictures on the website need updating as the room we had looked nothing like the photos on the website. The air conditioning/heating unit didn't work along with the phone in the room and the room had no fridge for when we had to take drinks to our room! I wouldn't say it was worth the money spent.
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
declan
The hotel was brilliant. The only issue was no air conditioning or ventilation in teh room , which got very stuffy
2 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Shiner
"Impressive hotel"
Impressed with this hotel - standard good, staff very friendly and helpful - although the long trek to the lift to our room was not appreciated. The location of the hotel is not ideal for those who want to explore the delights of Dublin frequently. Would want a nearer city location for a future visit.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Dublin family mini break"
We stayed for two night (room only). The hotel is close to the centre of Dublin and easy to find. There was a little road noise,but that was to be expected. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff were all helpful and friendly. We would stay again.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Bern
"Overcharged and Outdated"
Total rip-off for a dowdy hotel with broken lamp shades, shabby paint work, fan didn't work, cracked sink. Paid 249euros for one night and was only supplied with towels for two instead of three. Dinner was advertised 25euro per head, restaurant quoted 50 euros as a "horse show special". Was then asked for 10euro 50 for car parking. Very disappointed, will not be returning.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Mrs L M
"Dublin weekend"
A very nice hotel with decent staff but not worth anywhere near the £541 it cost to stay here for 3 nights.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Lovely hotel and helpful friendly staff. Perfect location for accessing City Centre and good transport links. Only downside was noisy doors banging in the early morning.
7 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Location, location, location"
Great location; hotel fabric is showing signs of wear and tear. Bar is a little soulless. Staff fine and nice breakfast
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Enda
"Fine"
It's fine. Clean. Decent service. But frayed around the edges.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
The only down side was the distance from the city centre.between 9-12 euro's by taxi.though plenty of regular buses during the day.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Nice enough for the price, but..."
The Ballsbridge, overall, was nice enough for the price. The only major complaint was that the bed was so broken down on one side that I kept sliding off of it towards the floor. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until the rest of the family were already asleep. There was also used tissues and trash under the bed from a previous guest. That said, everything else was in working order, the food in the restaurant was good, and all of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I was a bit offended that the waiter asked me if I wanted to add a 15 or 20 percent tip onto the dinner bill, though. Cheeky man. Given other options, I probably wouldn't stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Short Break
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Russell
"Very disappointed guest"
The stay was ruined by hotel badly need renovation, looks pretty run down. Even though hotel was booked for 3 person we had to call for additional towel and amenities as only housekeeping left for two. ACDC was in town and hotel raised prices about 100% and had a day long party for this, this meant that we as normal vacationers couldn't get a drink unless we ordered room service, and service during event was so low that greed from hotel on making money on this event ruined our day and left a bad impression on hotels hospitality. Stay was low value for money and I cannot recommend hotel.
5 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Henrik Krull
"never again"
Got charged 35 euro For 2 double vodka and redbull asked for pint glass of ice handed pint glass of water breakfast. was not great no coffee ,put money in vending machine I did not get the snickers as it did not fall and no refund and then had to pay to leave car in car park was a bit of a joke
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Alan
"weekend break"
Booked our stay for the Fleetwood Mac concert, we stayed for a couple of days and found the hotel staff very helpful and the food and Guiness was lovely
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Great spot for an over'nighter!"
Spotless room Ideal location Parking free!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Simon
"Cleaniness,service & location."
Always enjoyed staying there,very clean,comfortable,great staff & great location.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, disappointed with staff knowledge"
Hotel was clean and nice, great location.. I reduced the star rating due to the inconsistencies in information received from hotel staff. They make a couple of bus tours available, so I purchased one, with the understanding that I could basically jump on at the stop outside the hotel with a bus rolling by every 10 minutes or so. I went out the next morning around 9:50 am, waited until after 10:20 am before calling up the front desk and asking about the bus. I was told that my ticket was for a one time pick up at 9:45 am, which is not what I was told the night before. So I walked all the way into town and wound up catching my bus. Then when I was done with my day, I got off at a particular stop that was semi-convenient to walk all the way back to the hotel. In this process, I saw one of my buses driving by my hotel?! So I went to the front desk again and acted like I just wanted more info on bus tours.. and was told that these buses pass by every 10 minutes! I understand the bus company is newer, but they should have their information straight for people that are visiting their city.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Good hotel in nice area."
Two day visit to Dublin. Nice hotel in good area. Shops and pubs within walking distance and city centre a short bus ride away (or couple of miles walk) Staff were efficient and extremely helpful.
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
MARGARET
"Spring breakaway"
Excellent stay. Couldn't fault it.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Sarah Jane
"Couple review"
Brilliant hotel, staff very helpful and friendly, excellent food and service, would recommend
4 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Great stay !!"
Terrific hospitality, management were peticularly professional and helpful. Will look forward to staying there again, without hesitation.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Lorraine
"For Business"
Overall good location, but the hotel rooms appear tired and dated.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
Arfan
"below average"
we just stayed for a night and that also few hour. but this hotel is not recommended by me for couples. it might be a good hotel for business but not for couples .
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Saurabh
IN
"Charming Ballsbridge"
This was the third of three places I stayed on a trip around England and Ireland, and was the best of the lot. Extremely comfortable, bit pricey for breakfast, but there are a bunch of restaurants just up the street. A bit far from the centre of the city, but I walk a lot on vacation so this was not an issue; could possibly get tedious if you are taking cabs everywhere.
2 night trip May 7, 2015
Allester
"Basic Needs for Business..........."
As a business person I would expect 3 basics for a hotel as a minimum standard apart a clean and comfortable bedroom - internet that functions reasonably well, a warm shower and a tv that has the main local channels in a watchable fashion - this hotel failed to deliver these 3 basics. So I cut my stay short and left after 1 night and found a hotel that could offer these basics!
2 night business trip May 7, 2015
Trevor
"Lovely hotel in great spot"
The staff are really nice and friendly.
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015