All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
505 W 2nd Ave, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Old fashion hotel"
To old. Small beds. Very poor breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
Ben
"Excellent downtown location with great room"
Loved having a 1 bedroom w/kitchen set up! Very relaxing and quiet! Staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast is served by bag on the room's door each morning so it is pretty basic. We recommend staying here to anyone! Fine price for staying in Anchorage.
2 night family trip May 29, 2014
Richard & Alice
"Some different scents"
The hotel was generally comfortable but smelled old and slightly moldy. I saw some renovations in progress so it may have been from that or improvements are likely coming. Good quality for the affordable rate. Right next to the train station, which is good for a lot of people. About $20 cab ride from airport.
1 night trip May 27, 2014
I like the set-up with the bedroom completely separate from the living area. The kitchen came in handy. Good location with the train depot and the place to catch the bus to Denali all within walking distance. Staff was helpful. Althoug without a lot of the typical hotel amenities, I found it quite adequate and will definitely go there again. Warning: If you are a light sleeper, this may not be for you because its close proximity to the train depot.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"A cozy apartment stay, esp good for train lovers"
We loved this cozy apartment hotel with full kitchen overlooking the train depot. The trains are rather frequent in summer, but we loved watching them come and go.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Kathryn
"Convenient location"
Very convenient location - easy walk to shopping, dining and train station!
2 night family trip May 16, 2014
Barb
The service staff was very helpful and nice.
3 night trip May 13, 2014
"Friendly and clean, but..."
This hotel may be small, but it's big on friendly service and clean rooms. It is located in walking distance to downtown restaurants, markets, mall and bars. The only downside is it's located right above the train depot. You do hear trains throughout your stay. However, it wouldn't stop me from booking here again. PS the continental breakfast served at your room with a newspaper everyday is awesome!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Paula
"Convenient to shops."
Great place to stay with a family. Rooms are huge, great cooking facilities. Has a homey feel to it . Freshly baked cookies in the afternoons were great. My kids loved the breakfast on the door knob. Nice and quiet .
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
hockey mum
"Nice Hotel close to my meeting place."
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! It was close to my meeting place, and I was able to cook, whenever I wanted to,.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Arline
"Not an eye catcher outside but great inside"
Got into Anchorage and stayed at this little gem. It's not the prettiest on the outside but the inside of the hotel is awesome. The room was amazing and the bed very comfortable. There was a large fridge and full kitchen in the room. It's located downtown Anchorage which is nice. Snow goose brewery is just a block away and you can easily walk to any of the other bars and restaurants downtown. Definitely recommend this hotel for any stay in Anchorage.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Good price, large room"
The only thing I really didn't like was the basement room we were in smelled musty.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Teresa
"Great hotel stay"
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. First, this is a family-owned business and you are welcomed like family - there are even fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. And they are delicious! The owners/staff are so warm and gracious, a wonderful change from the corporate employees at other big name hotels. Second, the room was huge! A full kitchentte, living room, separate bedroom and bath. Kind of like a small apartment. Extremely clean. Very comfy bed, great back support. Third, great location for exploring downtown, bike path along Cook Inlet, and getting to train station for early morning departure. Free wi-fi, breakfast and cookies are a plus. There is a ypga studio across the street and a Starbucks one short block away in the lobby of the Hilton. Can't beat what this hotel has to offer!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
805 Traveler
Very nice hotel and staff.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Perfect!"
We chose this location due to the price and the reviews. While it does not look like one of the best from outside, the rooms are simply perfect for those traveling with toddlers who need an area for the toddler to sleep as to not wake him up. The bed was very comfortable, pillows were very nice, showers had great pressure, and just everything we needed. Thank you!
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2014
Dustin S.
"Close to downtown"
For the price, this place was great. Clean and quite. Continental breakfast and paper waiting at your door in the morning. Friendly staff. I will stay again.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
"Old but nice"
Furniture could us some cleaning since you can see a lot of stain marks but it was comfortable. I loved the size of the suites and the fact that it had a full sized fridge in the kitchen. I will be going back again.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Lon
"good location, good price"
Parking is not convenient. Yes it is very close, but the sidewalk from the hotel to the lot was a sheet of ice... The room was heated like a furnace, good luck if you stay in the summer. Having open windows gives you the sound of trains all night, and if you're lucky enough guests with their windows open talking all night. The continental breakfast is a cereal bar, small muffin, and cup of cereal WITH NO MILK! The rooms are a nice size, seemed clean enough, and location is very good.
3 night trip Jan 27, 2014
"Good Family Hotel"
While the Anchorage Grand Hotel may not be the newest or most luxurious, it has all the comforts of home in a conveniently located hotel setting very close to all the restaurants and shops of downtown Anchorage. The kitchenette is excellent and the room was kept very clean. The communal office was a bit outdated but the front desk staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2013
Brett
Staff on duty when checked in could barley speak English very difficult check in. Staff on duty unfamiliar with fax machine or email service
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Good quality for the price paid
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"very central hotel."
the rate was good and I enjoyed getting the paper in the morning along with my continental breakfast. I also enjoyed having a stove and fridge. don't like eating out so cooked pork chops and mashed potatoes. great place to walk around. would have liked the view side. had a choice of staying here on our last night or the B & B on our first night. chose the B & B.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Peggy
"Convenient to downtown and reasonable price"
The hotel was a pleasant surprise. We were looking for a reasonable priced hotel downtown with free parking. We were apprehensive checking in, but soon found that the room was a suite with a separate bedroom and a kitchenette with a sitting area. A television (with lots of stations) in separate rooms was a welcome change from our previous stays in 5 other hotels in Alaska. Parking in Anchorage is a nightmare and it was nice not to pay a fortune for overnight parking. The free hotel parking lot was next door and it was only a short uphill walk (2 blocks) to downtown (a total of 4 blocks to the mall). Many restaurants, bars and stores were within walking distance. The only problem was moving our three weeks worth of luggage down about 5 steps to the elevator. With normal luggage, it wouldn't had been a problem. Complimentary bagels, muffins and juice were delivered to our room in the morning. We ate at the table in our room.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Cool Hotel"
I loved the hotel. The living room and kitchenette was separate from the bedroom. King size bed with down cover comforter. The hotel is an older hotel, but it was clean and safe. Great value. I had friends staying at the Hilton. They said my room was much nicer. Staff was very friendly. I would stay there again.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2013
Darlene
"Right in downtown Anchorage"
I was in Anchorage for 3days and this hotel was perfect. My room was actually an apartment with a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and rooms were clean. Breakfast and a newspaper are delivered to outside room early morning. Breakfast consists of a bagel, cream cheese, oatmeal and various other items. There is coffee and a coffee maker in the room. I enjoy train noises so the train being close was not a bother to me. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. Parking was in a lot next store.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Bonnie
"overnight visit"
I was mistaken about a shuttle to airport, we had to take a cab. I would have stayed at the Hilton for a few dollars more, as they do have a shuttle, if I had known. Hotel is old and sofa and living room furniture needs to be replaced. Breakfast is a bag of high sugar items, placed on your doorknob. Bed was good, but just not impressed with our stay.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Harriet
"Convenient value room in Anchorage"
I booked this hotel for the value and amenities. We would only be staying 1 night and hotel rooms for that night were well over $150 for a 3 star hotel. When we first walked in, I was a little unimpressed. The entrance leads you to a short stairwell to get to the lobby which really only is a reception desk. The hotel can use some renovation but were were satisfied with what we got. The ladies that greeted us upon arrival were very nice, helpful and folding the laundry which was a little odd but fine. The room was surprisingly big with a kitchenette and everything you need to cook. We were able to cook our steaks for the night while enjoying the view of the nearby rail station. There was a separate bedroom with a very comfortable bed. It actually felt like an apartment more than a hotel. In the morning, they provided us with breakfast! Nothing fancy or hot, but we received bagels, oatmeal, granola bars, and juice! A plus.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
Cristina
"Grand Anchorage Hotel"
It was wonderful. The young woman who was at the desk in the afternoon and evening was extremely helpful. Just after we arrived, she located the closest Orthodox Church for me and printed directions. And each time we had a question, she was polite, friendly and helpful.The location made it so easy for us to get around easily on foot. Our experience far exceeded our expectations.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Natalie
"Great little hotel on quiet street"
This was a great little hotel on a quiet street just a few blocks from all the downtown action. Lots of shopping, museums, and restaurants within walking distance. And a suite, too!
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
Ellen
"Hotel chosen as results from Xpedia ratings"
For $2xx per night, pretty good reviews on Xpedia and Tripadvisor, we were expecting a much different and better place. Hotel is located at northern edge of downtown, building has been here for decades, overall condition is good and it's been properly maintained, but it's still old, a little musky smelling, some windows don't work and everything is a 1/2 floor off. Plus the biggest detraction is that is located directly across the street from Alaska Railroad train station and they're horns are REALLY loud late at night.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Comfortable, basic hotel."
The hotel was clean and had all that one would want in the way of room facilities - huge sized rooms, great windows, more than adequate furniture, kitchenette, TV, phone and comfortable bed, but in dire need of new sofa and chairs. These were old and greasy looking. It was great to be able to open windows for fresh air, but unfortunate about the noise from hooting trains. The room and bathroom were super clean - excellent! Close to other hotels for restaurants. I would recommend.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Rosie
It’s clean and neat. It’s walkable in downtown to everywhere. One block to train station that may be too close so you can hear trains come and go during the early morning and late evening. Breakfast is basic and simple but you can walk to restaurants nearby.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
"Good location and convenience"
This older hotel is very well keep and the suites were like small apartments. The staff was excellent and the location is great forgetting around downtown Anchorage on foot.There is a lot of noise especially if in a room facing the street. The trains coming and going aren't as bad as the traffic passing in front of the building on the way to the train station. This was especially bad when the windows needed to be open during warm nights.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"can walk to train station from hotel"
I was extremely pleased for what is rated 2 1/2 stars. I think the rating should be better. Room was very, very nice.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2013
linda
"shabby but clean"
personnel tried to be accommodating.. living room furniture, especially the sofas were very uncomfortable
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"near sheep creek and anchorage railroad depot"
We stayed in this hotel totally 5 nights in our 18 days tour in Alaska from June 25 to June13 2013. The train siren from railroad depot did not bother us .It starts after 5:30 Am . We walked along the sheep creek almost every morning if we back to Anchorage . Many local people were fishing there .One morning we saw one man got a 45 pounds salmon; He let me hold it .What an experience. their breakfast: the juice , bagel /muffin and crème cheese is very convenience as a snack when we went to Denali national park , there were fresh apples and candies all the time in the office .The staffs were Okay .the facilities is okay . We will stay again in this hotel if we visit Anchorage again !
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
su
"Good Hotel by the RailRoad"
We picked this hotel for its location next to the Alaska Railroad Anchorage station so that after we finished our 8 hour train trip from Denali we could walk up to our hotel with our rolling luggage. This worked out OK. The hotel was comfortable, clean and the people friendly. The soundproofing is merely OK so the sounds of the RR and Elmendorf AFB can be heard. They did not bother us at all, but a light sleeper or a baby might not be as happy. The suite we stayed in had a small kitchen. A complementary continental breakfast (with microwaveable Kashi hot instant oatmeal) was included and delivered to our room by 7am. The Anchorage Grand Hotel was the right choice for us on our last night in Alaska.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Tom D.
"Nice hotel close to airport and train station."
We were looking for a nice hotel close to the train station as we were leaving early the next morning by train. Usually I want a room with air conditioning as I am always warm but the windows were open and there was a cool fresh breeze. The bed was extremely comfortable!! My only complaint was no easy access for luggage. had to go in and get a cart then wheel it around side of the hotel.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Good location, good accommodations"
Accommodations were in a great location near the train station, and close enough to town. I thought it was strange that the check in desk was down a flight of stairs so you had to drag your luggage down the stairs to get to an elevator.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Arlene
"Nice hotel close to train station and downtown"
Stayed here two nights; July17th-July19th. Overall I was pleased. The best part of the hotel is the kitchen in the room; stovetop, full refrigerator, toaster, sink, etc... The bedroom is also a separate room w/ a door, so it kinda feels like a small apartment. The living room is small but comfortable. If your a fan of sitting around and watching TV you will be disappointed as the TV's in both the living room and the bedroom are tiny. I thought the being so close to the train station would be annoying as the train horns are pretty loud, but either the trains don't run between 10pm-6am or I slept through the arrival/departure of trains. Either way, the train station wasn't an issue.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Finallly sleep!"
We arrived from San Francisco the day a Korean Airlines crashed at San Francisco Airport. We weren't sure from one minute to the next if we'd be able to fly out. Finally left 1 hour after our schedukled time but arrived in Anchorage at around midnight. Check in was smooth and fast and we were able to get some sleep before the morning departure of the train to Talkeetna. I've stayed at the Comfort Inn before but willl stay at Anchorage Grand from now on when I'm in Anchorage. A Wonder
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"great location"
We enjoyed the room. Had great view of trains coming in. This used to be nice apartment building years ago.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
aatpct
"Great!!"
We had nIce 1 bedroom apt. Everything was great except for the couch. It is outdated and uncomfortable. The location is excellent. Short walk to downtown. Weekend market is 1/2 block. Alaskarailrod right below. Had a nice view. We were pleased with our choice
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
aatpct
"Great stay downtown"
Hotel was close to everything tourist-y, walking distance to anything downtown. Great staff, very comfortable beds, breakfast delivered to the room. We had a full kitchen and large living space, so we could do our own food, and had tons of room to relax if we needed a midday rest! The hotel is very close to the coast and train line, which went 24 hrs. This was the only real problems that got in the way of total comfort. Overall good for the price!
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Caitlin
"Great hotel in good location"
This suite-style hotel was two blocks off the main drag, so it was convenient to the tourist area. Our room faced the train station, but the train whistles never bothered us due to the excellent windows. It was fun to watch the cruise ship buses pulling in and out. If we are ever in Anchorage again, this will be our hotel of choice.
4 night trip May 24, 2013
Linda J
"Great location to the railroad station"
The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. We were able to walk directly to the railroad station the next morning at 5:00 AM within 3 minutes ( no need for a taxi). The hotel is older but very clean. My room had a kitchenette which would have been great if we were staying for an extended time
1 night family trip May 30, 2013
Glenda
Close to the Alaska railroad station, which is very convinience if you are going to take a train. Very kind and helpful staff.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"convient to the town."
Service desk was friendly and helpful.
4 night family trip May 27, 2013
"Located in great tourist friendly neighborhood"
The hotel is beautiful; looks like a 1950's hotel that's been completely remodeled, but still has the charm of that era. The down side of it is right next to the railroad yard and you can hear the trains at various times of the day and night.
2 night trip May 28, 2013
"Not your average hotel room"
I enjoyed the "one bedroom apartment" feel instead of a simple room with a bed. It was great having a mini kitchen and a separate bedroom. Didn't care for the $5 charge to use the internet to print a boarding pass etc.
Other trip May 21, 2013