All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America

Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Room is all right
"Worst hotel ever"
staff was rude, room was dirty. no trash bags in the trash can.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2016
Nina
Staff was outstanding!!!!
4 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
Nina
"Very Friendly and Helpful Staff"
The front desk was incredibly welcoming and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Mar 24, 2016
Good value for your money, nothing less, nothing more. If you're on a budget and need an adequate confortable and clean room, this is a good option. Bed wasn't very comfortable and wifi was weak Parking on site is very small but hotel has also a small lot in the back and a bigger one 1/2 block away, you'll find a parking spot but you may need to walk a bit
1 night trip Apr 1, 2016
"Just a quick stay over"
Was only there for a short period of one to go to airport.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2016
Delia
"perfect rondevouz"
Joyful reunion of family after some had gone to MI for a couple of weeks. Appreciated the relaxed atmosphere and yummy breakfast to start our journey home.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2016
"Bugged"
It sucks, they just got bugs!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 29, 2016
It was nice but the beds need to be upgraded and after staying there for couple nights I might've got bitten by bugs or something
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Needs cleaning."
Lots of people loitering, tough to park, hallways were dirty and smelly. Room was clean, except for the mat in the tub. I wanted to take a bath, but the rubber mat that was permanently attached to the bottom of the tub had mold underneath it. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I felt safe on the upper floors, but not so much walking to my car. Was near Alaska Regional Hospital. Will not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Jerri
"No cleaning service."
We were out for 12hrs and when we returned our room hadn't been cleaned.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Shirley
"cleaning staff need reviewing."
The hotel was close to the shops which was great. But our room was not cleaned or restocked while we were there.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Shirley
"Altogether Average"
Chose hotel for location and shuttle services to train and airport. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Held our luggage after checkout until departure for evening flight. Voucher for breakfast at nearby cafe. Older property and rooms average. Carpets need cleaning. Good location for walking downtown.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Gail
"The night before surgery"
It was a very nice room except for the shower stall no holders of any kind to put soap or shampoo on had to be on floor. But the room was very clean and comfortable oh and very pet friendly
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Martha
Great price. Friendly staff. Had a nice conversation with one of the staff. They seemed happy with the way the hotel treats its employees. They had been employed there for more than 12 years. Happy staff = happy place
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
"Colse to downtown"
Great location, close to downtown. Quiet, comfortable. Could have been a little cleaner. Great price compared to other hotels. Definitely would stay again.
4 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
The location was very good, close to downtown. The staff were not friendly or helpful at all. The internet service in our area of the hotel was non existant so I had to go down the hall just to get internet. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. the noise level was horrible as we could here running, talking, and yelling all night long.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
good. Hotel staff is very helpful.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2015
"Decent Hotel"
This was a decent hotel for the price and good proximity to downtown. It was clean and relatively comfortable. Walking distance to downtown with nearby food and shopping. There was adequate parking.
4 night trip Sep 11, 2015
room was never cleaned, we were just handed more towels. Homeless lady tried to get in our room, she must of been tired because she succeeded in getting into another room and went and tried to sleep on a bed
2 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
"nice, spacious."
Short, easy, comfortable.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Ronald
"Affordable place to stay in Anchorage"
We were at the Guest House only one night, but it was a nice place. The staff was very helpful and even checked to see if I left my cell phone behind in the room while we were out. Yes, it was in the room. The free shuttle to the airport that is over 7 miles away is a big plus. It is within walking distance to the tourist area in Anchorage with museums, shops, and places to eat.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Good location, reasonable price"
Hotel is in a great location downtown. It is right next to some restaurants, and near everything else downtown. The staff was very nice and helpful. The parking lot is a little weird (parking is in the back by some other buildings). The breakfast was typical of any hotel like this, but got very busy and messy. The staff did not try to clean-up much during breakfast. The room was spacious and clean, and the hotel overall was quiet, even though it was a busy weekend. The beds were pretty hard, but that is not a huge deal. The tv did not work the first night, something with the cable box, but it worked the rest of the time. The hotel was quiet as well.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
The hotel is nice and it's centrally located, but the rooms are much smaller than is described and the bathroom in particular was small. It's a decent value, but if you have more than 2 people, it will be a very tight squeeze!
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Nicholas
"Lowest price, worst experience."
They were the lowest price as a "sale" for last minute stay...and I guess you get what you pay for. The beds were horrible! Hard as a rock. The rooms were dingy and way outdated. Lightning was poor, had teenage girls with us who had to do makeup in car because they couldn't see well enough in hotel room. Carpet was stained and warn out. Definitely needs some work. It was $ 111 per night which was about $100 cheaper than everyone else but in the future I'd try and come up with the higher price because hotel was not somewhere I'd want to stay again. The staff was the only decent thing, they were all courteous. The parking situation was not good either.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Never again"
Absolutely disgusting. We literally walked into the room and walked right back out. The place smelled of urine and the "free parking" consisted of 4 spots. I just took the loss on my non refundable room and went to a different hotel. The pics of the rooms on Expedia are not at all accurate. Overall a terrible experience.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
s
"Nice overnight stay"
The staff was friendly and courteous; the room was very clean and we had a great night's sleep. The complimentary breakfast was limited, but quite good. Enjoyed the shuttle service from airport-the driver was very helpful with his suggestions for dining and activities.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Wanda
"Good Location"
Located an easy walk to downtown museums, shops and restaurants, this inn is pleasant and clean. Has a good complimentary breakfast with hot waffles. The rooms are comfortable, include a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. The staff are helpful, there is wifi in the rooms, and you can print your boarding pass in the lobby. It's not fancy but it's more than adequate. Even though the parking area may look unsafe, the police station is only a couple of blocks away, and we felt very safe walking around in the evening.
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
"Nice location on outskirts of town"
It's a nice location, near enough to everything in town to walk, the room was lovely and spacious. The breakfast was sugary stuff, nice enough but nothing really healthy (unless you count an apple or banana) and the breakfast room was too small for the hotel and always full no matter when we went. Our room was only cleaned once in the 4 days we were there, and that was when I went to find the cleaner and waited downstairs while she did her stuff. It was plenty clean when we arrived though, as were all the areas of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Megan
Room condition very old.
1 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Overall clean, reasonable for an over night stay
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
judith
I Booked a single queen bed, they gave me a room with a single double bed. They did change in when I said the room was not very nice, compaired to the last time I stayed there. The room was noisy on the street side and you could here the ice machine very time someone got some ice.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Not a safe or clean place to stay."
Hotel is in an unsafe at night part of town. Hotel has vagrants and addicts loitering around it all night long. Hotel has very limited parking. The sheets on two of our beds had blood on them! Hotel staff was courteous and friendly and the room itself was set up well but I just can't recommend this hotel because of it's precarious and dangerous location not to mention the reprehensible fact that there was blood on our sheets. We only stayed there because it was the only hotel that allowed our dog and could fit our large family in one room.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Nothing fancy. Just basic type of room."
Good discounts from couple of restaurants near by when you stay at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
G
"Dirty place"
Changed the name, but still a dive hotel, lots of bum's, very dirty, something was floating in the toilet in my room?? alot of $ for an undesireable hotel, spend $30+ more and go elsewhere.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
"WORST HOTEL STAY EVER"
This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed. I do not usually place reviews but I felt it was necessary to share this shocking experience with others. Here are a few of the problems I encountered. 1. The sprinkler system on the ceiling made noise all night. 2. There were broken tiles on the bathroom floor. 3. When we returned at the end of our day out the room was not made up. There were dirty towels on the floor and the beds were unmade. When we complained the front desk staff just said there is nothing we can do as the housekeeping staff have gone home. Eventually someone came to make the bed ... After much insistence.4, only one small bottle of shampoo was provided for three people. 4. The coffee maker did not work. We had to go downstairs to the small dining area to get hot water. 5. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were lumpy. 6. Outside our back of hotel window was a neon sign that shone brightly all night from a Mexican restaurant. 7. This restaurant was also noisy all night. 8. The noise from adjoining rooms and particularly above was very prominent. I am actually writing this review at 4:00 a.m as I can't sleep. DO NOT STAY HERE. I complained regarding the above and all I got in response was ..."oh you booked through a booking group (in this case Hotels.com) we can't do anything." NOT GOOD ENOUGH IN MY OPINION.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
"Nothing fancy but totally adequate for the rate."
Decent room, nice, efficient lady working the breakfast area, good location. Could use a bigger laundry set up with more machines so you don't have to wait for the key. Good parking availability.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Not as close to the airport as posted."
Shuttle to and from airport was 15 minutes late both directions.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Convenient"
Sometimes you go to hotels for vacation and sometimes you just need a bed for the night. This hotel is a bed for the night. The staff was very friendly and nice. The beds were ok, not the best, but fine for the price. I found it to be one of the lowest priced hotels and only needed a bed for the night so I took it. I even re-booked for another night in the future that I need only a bed for the night before a flight home. Breakfast was ok, not much selection but who complains when it's "free". The hotel is in the city so typical city noises should be expected. We had one shampoo for 4 people staying in our room and 2 full sized towels. Overall, if you need to get a bed for the night or are not planning on staying in your room for entertainment- go for it.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Mixed bag."
Our experience was a mixed bag. We arrived about 8:30am. They stored our luggage while we took a tour. Nora at the desk called our tour company to make sure they were on board to pick us up. We came back around 2pm and checked in. Two staff members used master keys to come in without knocking. I think they felt they were being helpful but it was disturbing. The rest of the night was uneventful. The next morning we went to eat the complimentary breakfast. The juice machine that offered more than one drink but the attendant said there was only orange juice. One of our party dispensed some orange juice in his glass and it was almost clear. When anyone in the room used the waffle irons the attendant came out of the back room when the beeper sounded and you were to take the waffle out and she thought she was helping but she was pretty much insisted on doing it for you. When someone asked about the juice machine not having juice she said "free is free". One of our party said we paid for the room and breakfast came with it.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Nice place
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
"The hotel is not as you see from pictures"
The hotel is located on the border of downtown, have to walk 5 blocks or so to get to the center. The room carpet is old and dirty. The worst is they charge you more than when you booked the hotel room, for no reason. Although it is not a big deal, the overall impression is not good. I don't recommend this hotel, the reason I booked it is that it has shuttle from airport.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
traveller to al
"A bit disappointed"
My trip was for a week. Granted I waited a while to book so options were limited. However, if you have any sort of larger budget, I would look elsewhere. There were toothpicks that stayed on my floor the entire time (used by previous guest) and I had to request that housekeeping come straighten at least 3 times. I was out of the hotel from 8am until 6pm so there was plenty of time to come in while I was away. The room is dated at best. Drains backed up a lot. The staff did the best they could. However, they weren't given much to work with. The internet was down three of the mornings I needed to use it. The "business center" is just 2 computers in the lobby making it difficult to work with all the commotion. Breakfast had coffee, pancakes and other starchy goods (no protein) and was served by a nice but extremely opinionated hotel worker. The hotel shuttle was excellent and the location is only a few blocks from downtown so that was good. Staff was not knowledgeable about where to go and eat, etc. They mentioned I look things up - but then sighed when they realized the internet was down....again. I have stayed in 52 hotels this year alone. This rates as the 2nd lowest for me. Good for a day or two if you must but not a place to stay for more than that.
4 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"Decent hotel conveniently located."
Decent hotel that was conveniently located in downtown Anchorage within reasonable walking distance to the downtown shops, Museum, Egan Center and Alaska RR depot. Stayed 2 nights, one each at either end of trip up to Denali and back.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Don't even bother trying to use the laundry. They give the key out to one person at a time. They suggested that I could do my laundry at 11pm!!! Rooms on the inside are noisy from the carpark down below and the smokers corner.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2015
"Horrible stay"
The towels were not clean and it's too expensive for its condition, breakfast is poor
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Noise not to bad if you are used to city life"
It was a short one but loved the hotel and employees. The noise is a little extreme but you are in downtown Alaska in the summer the daylight keeps us going all summer
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Shelly
"Sleeping on Box springs"
The mattress's were flip over with the box springs side up, so we sleep on box springs for two nights. I thought they were just cheap mattress's! We pulled the sheets back the second night and a sign on mattress said turn over not sleepable side! The bath tub was stained and made it look dirty. The staff was nice and gave us a candy bar for our problem and bad backs. Free limited breakfast and free shuttle to airport was good.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015