All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
321 East 5th AvenueAnchorageAK99501United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Room is all right
"Decent hotel with reasonable price in August"
Well-priced hotel with functional amenities.
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Ke-Yi
"Down town Anchorage location"
Dirt and long black hairs all over the sheets, dirt too. Not very fun to find this at the end of a long day. Don't bother staying here.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
first time AK
"On Arrival in Anchorage"
Decent hotel. Better than we expected based on 2 star rating. Amazing breakfast, convenient location, free shuttle to airport. Slightly smaller rooms and bathroom than expected.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Nidhi Mahendra
"Dirty n expensive item disappeared into thin air!!"
We paid $160 for one night to stay in a room that smelled of old smoke. Carpet was dingy looking, the bathroom probably the cleanest, was very old, except the towels which were grey n stained...Walls were thin. When the people who were above us walked, our walls shook.... I thought we were having a earthquake!!!! My husband and I came to Anchorage for a couple days from Fairbanks and only packed 1 suitcase. I owned a yellow BEATS headphones and I accidentally left it on my bed as we left. They were obviously not in the "1" suitcase we had... I called housekeeping about 4 hours later when I realized I left my headphones behind in the hotel room... They swore up n down the person who took care of the room was very honest and would turn everything in that's accidently forgotten.. But swear up n down it wasn't in the room.... Obviously they weren't telling the truth... Because I'd be using my headphones this moment if I had the D A M N things!! Housekeeping said they would call me back and didn't once they talked to the person who cleaned our room- he went home for the day. The neighborhood- downtown and and we were bummed for cigarettes and people yelling
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Sophia
"1 day layover"
Very clean, comfortable room. Staff were helpful, parking was easy. Not in a great part of town if you are walking at night, but that did not seem to matter.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Good location and nice for the price"
Room was a bit small but overall was clean. Staff was very helpful and made sure we had shuttles set up, found a local pizza parlor for dinner, and even gave us cups and plates for our pizza dinner so we could et in their breakfast area. They also allowed both of our sets of elderly parents to have a late check out as their flights were late in the day and they didn't have anywhere to go to wait. It was very much appreciated!!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Lori
"Not bad for the area and price was good!"
It was a nice clean place to stay, comfortable beds. Shower stalls were large. a bit of spiffy up the neighborhood would make it look more attractive. Lots next door not groomed and run down. But hotel itself was good and had a shuttle to the train station and airport which makes it very attractive. Saved $25.00 taxi fare to airport and about 10.00 taxi to train station. I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Carroll
"Great for the price!"
I was in town for a week long Alaskan guys trip. I stayed at the Guesthouse Inn my last night before flying home. I found the Hotel to be very conveniently located. It was easy to walk down town and very close to a lot of the better restaurants. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The parking was very easy as well. Obviously not the fanciest hotel in town but it was great for the price.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2015
"Good for the summer price"
It was in a good location, but a lot of inebriates in the area
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Excellent Front Desk Staff"
The hotel is average and the location is okay; however, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with changing a reservation (made thru Expedia). The staff assisted us as much as they were able to.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Margie
"Great spot"
The hotle was previously a Holiday Inn, so it was in great condition. About a 10 minute walk to all the downtown restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Only As A Last Resort"
This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn, but it no longer retains any of the standards that chain is known for. In fact, it's gotten worse. Overall the facility is in poor shape, and the cleaning crew needs to do a better job with the common areas. The carpets in the halls were a mess during our entire stay. Room cleanliness is a little better, but the interiors need a overhaul. The carpet was snagged in many areas and everything generally just looks used and tired. I also had an issue with the hotel charging my credit card six times for my stay, for both reservations despite the fact that my work companion gave them his credit card when we checked in. I was charged for first-night stays, as well as the remaining stay amount, and again for the entire amount times two; which equated to several thousand dollars being locked up on my credit card. It took several discussions with the front desk staff to resolve (and it finally was, but I am still watching my card just in case!). Also, we were charged a $1 daily "safe use" fee even though neither of us used the safe. Breakfast consisted mainly of coffee/tea, cereal, toast and waffles. To her credit, one of the ladies working in the breakfast area did start making waffles to keep the process rolling faster. There is very limited parking at the hotel, the majority of guests had to park in the adjacent alleys. Also, there are a lot of homeless people wandering in and around the hotel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Good large rooms to A good price"
A cheaper way to stay in anchorage. Thère was A little more walking to do from downtown, than some of the other hotels.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Christian
"Just a little morsel for the early birds"
Most of our stay was very comfortable. The only suggestion I have is to make the breakfast available to the guests who need to leave early. We chose the Guest House with the understanding that we would get a free breakfast. We were informed at check-in that it would not be offered until 6:30. We asked if we could just have fruit to take with us and were told, "No." The next morning the lady serving the breakfast was kind enough to let us grab some food before the official breakfast time. It seems simple enough to offer some fruit, yogurt, muffins, or juice earlier for those who have to catch an early train or flight.
1 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
mary ann
"Great for an overnight stay in Anchorage!"
Nice, location in Downtown Anchorage for an overnight stay. Was able to easily walk to the "tourist district", and visit the shops, theater, etc... Good airport shuttle pick up at 1am - very convenient & quick. Overall hotel was fine - nothing special. Room was small, but had a fridge, & ok beds. Included Continental Breakfast was good - again nothing special, but plenty of options. Considering the price of other hotels in the area, I felt like this ended up being a good value overall.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Minimal satisfaction, full price"
The hotel is old. The sink barely drained It needs fresh air
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Nothing to write home about"
Overall the stay was fine. Bathroom was not clean. The room was fine. It is close to shopping and a great Mexican restaurant. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Stacey
"Average Experience / Expensive"
The hotel is quite average as there's nothing particularly special about it. It is situated (neighborhood) well as it's a 5 minute drive anywhere downtown (you could even walk if you wanted). The breakfast was fine (limited variety though). The WiFi in the room was spotty (certainly no ability to stream). Parking was convenient and the beds were comfortable. Most of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Overall good stay"
Most staff are very helpful. Free airport shuttle. Surprised at the variety of food for their free continental breakfast. Building is old & could be cleaner. Overall it worked well for us.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Shannon
"my one night spay was pleasant ,,,,,"
it was ok I was very tired from my trip ,,,,,,not much more that I can say I was able to get some sleep I had a very early morning flight ,,,,thanks,,,,
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
elsie
"goodnights rest"
Clean comfortable rooms, helpful staff, breakfast was good. Coffee was really good. Only downfall was the laundry facility. Machines were in disrepair and I needed refunds which were given.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Convenient and clean"
Hotel is older. Anchorage is pricey for hotels which makes this hotel a decent deal as it is within walking distance of most of downtown.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Judy
"Needs improvement"
You get what you pay for. This hotel is in a rough part of town. Not to mention there is one service elevator that can fitabout 5 people without luggage. Oh and our window stayed open all night throughout an Alaskan summer rain.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Welcome to Alaska"
Airport shuttle driver and receptionist very friendly and helpful with my arrival to Anchorage after a long day of travel. Clean and comfortable room with a good breakfast. Stayed 2 nights to visit Anchorage before additional travel in Alaska with a cousin. Located several blocks from most restaurants and museums, but only 5-10 minute walk. Appreciated them being able to hold luggage after checkout before getting car rental for further travel.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Very Helpful staff"
Hotel was OK, breakfast was good, hotel desk staff were EXCEPTIONAL !
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Good basic accomodations"
We were just there for a layover between the Alaskan Railroad and a flight out in the morning. This hotel was located close enough to walk from the station (we didn't have much luggage) and close to the restaurants and shops. It is not a fancy hotel, but it is a good affordable place to stay. I was happy that they offer an airport shuttle.
1 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
Location was good since you can walk to the mall, stores and restaurants. Free shuttle to airport was helpful. Our flight was not until the following day past midnight but hotel check out was 11 o'clock in AM, we were able to leave our bags in the hotel and was able to avail of the free shuttle late afternoon. Our room was okay since it has microwave and fridge. But hallway was dirty and smelled old and filty. Limited parking in hotel (only 4 and 3 handicapped) with additional parking in the back. Saw homeless people. Limited free breakfast.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Glenn M
"Almost a 3/5"
An overnight stay while waiting for a flight out. Location is great, walking distance to places tourist would visit. Clean overall with comfortable beds, however, there are some spots on the sink and bath tub with mold, should be an easy fix, if the hotel wants a 5/5 excellent rate. Staff rate is 2.5/5 since the staff when we checked in the day before where very nice and personable, while the staff on the day we checked out were very brief, do not know how to smile, one lady does not seem to know that a quick apology can make a customer happy.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Nice space to stay, but wish it was better."
Hotel staff was great and informative. The neighborhood was less than thrilling, but I know that can't be helped and the hotel was located enough to downtown to explore the city. The beds were uncomfortable and small in size and too soft. I appreciated the breakfast in the morning.
4 night trip Jun 21, 2015
Kyle
"Alaska trip"
Good place for value
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Gerald
"Overpriced."
Slow wifi. Airport shuttle was good.
3 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"Much better hotel than other reviews make believe"
I am surprised to see such low rating for this hotel. Our room was spotless clean, very comfortable with the two double beds requested. The bathroom was also very clean with plenty of hot water. The staff was very friendly and kind, providing information and scheduling a fee shuttle transfer to the airport at 4:00 a.m. The break room, off the lobby on the ground floor, had plenty of ice water for drinking, hot water for beverages, and even stocks coffee, tea and fixings. The hotel is located on 5th Avenue downtown, even if at the end of the avenue, still close enough to the center.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Octavia
The hotel is located within the downtown area making it easy to walk around to some of the main areas. The People Mover bus system is inexpensive so one can explore the other areas of Anchorage as well. Good restaurants, but a lot of tourists so they can get crowded doing meal time.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Clean and comfy room. Fast Check in. Good location. Price is cheap for fairbank. It will be perfect if they have breakfast included.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
bonnie
"Excellent breakfasts, clean room, dirty hallways"
Convenient location to downtown stores, restaurants, etc.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Doug
"Bad part of town"
Hotel is in bad part of town and no safe parking spots.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
sammy
"A good place for an overnight stay"
Staff was very nice. Appreciated self serve laundry facility. Hotel was clean but dated.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Overall great place to stay"
Great location. Staff was very helpful.
6 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Sandra
"Take your own mattress!"
The room was reasonably clean. The help at the front desk was nice. The bed was SUPER HARD. I was amazed that a mattress could be so hard. It felt like sleeping on the floor. I feel like with so many options available today on the market, they could do something about the bed, particularly since they are in the "sleep" business!
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Melanie
"Could've been better."
It was ok except the heater didn't work. Obviously an issue in Alaska.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Aaron
"Good value foe Anchorage"
Well located for business. Large parking facility we parked a Semi. Very genial staff and informative
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Kenneth
"Chilly In Anchorage"
I was unaware that in Alaska, the heat is turned off in June. The temp dipped to 47 that night. I was told at the front desk that an extra blanket will be brought to my room. Just thought it was a bit unusual.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Spend Your Money Elsewhere"
Overall very poor experience from the start. Was not aware that they will charge the card the day of check-in, prior to checking in and then charge you once you check in. A double charge left us a bit financially unprepared for the vacation. I was told one if those charges was going to be refunded, but I haven't seen that yet. Dirty rooms with hair and stains on the sheets, musty and stale hallways, poor customer service from the day desk attendants, the night folks were very helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Zachery
"Missed the train"
Fair but shuttle driver made us miss the train and cost us 130.00 to hire a taxi to catch the train at it's next stop !
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Keith
"Good Overnight Stay"
The service people were very helpful. The early morning shuttle was a great perk! The lobby was very nice and cozy with its big fireplace. Our room had two double beds, a microwave & frig. which was nice, but the shower door was not nice--it seemed warped and didn't want to close properly. The room was at the front of hotel, so we could definitely hear the road noise. Altogether it was a good place to stay the night.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Bobby J.
"Hotel Needs Major Update"
The hotel is outdated. It needs fresh paint, new carpet, and general maintenance. There appeared to be a fair amount of people just hanging out around the outside of the hotel and it wasn't clear if their intentions were harmful or not. The juice machine at breakfast had a nasty essence even though we tried two different flavors - it had the dominating taste of overly chlorinated pool water.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nice before a cruise"
It is a couple of blocks away of the tourist places but not that far and the staff service was excellent with great advices.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Shady, Sketchy, Scary, and Stabby"
I took a chance and went with a cheaper hotel. It was only for one night, what could hurt? The place was more than a little run down. I walked in to the lobby and it was like making my way through a homeless shelter mixed with a meth clinic. Many of the patrons (I assume) were in the spiraling downward stage of things. The area around the hotel had what appeared to be a large number of suspect people hanging around. If you're walking around the exterior of the hotel travel in a pack - never alone. The room was small and outdated. It did have a bathroom and two beds - all of which were clean. The TV worked. This paragraph covers the highlights. The ice machine spit ice onto the floor but yet I couldn't get ice to come out of the machine... Perplexing. We awoke to have the complimentary breakfast and get out the door. They had make-your-own waffles, cereal, yogurt, and coffee. They also had a juice machine which was kicking out what tasted like over chlorinated pool water. Quote from my son, "Dad... Is orange juice supposed to be this color?" It turns out the answer is "No." It was a convenient point to get on the interstate and travel somewhere nicer.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Good option for downtown Anchorage cruise trip."
Good option for moderate price hotel in downtown. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly. You can walk to most areas in downtown pretty quick. The mattresses were not the best but acceptable.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Donald
"$pend Your $ More Wisely"
1st off parking is an issue - approx. 9 spots on premises & rest hidden in alley ways (didn't quite feel safe to/from, obvious concern w/ security of vehicle). Gruff woman wkng at check-in. A/C wasn't wkng in rm - opened window until someone arrived to fix only to discover my room was located in smoking section of property (rm wreaked afterwards). I wouldn't stay here again.
1 night trip May 22, 2015