All hotels in Rome, Italy
Via Giovanni Vitelleschi 34, Rome, RM, 00193, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to Vatican"
Nice, clean hotel. Do not provoke me to write more
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
bulonal
"Very convenient and within walking distance"
I was pleased with the location and the staff was friendly. I expected more out of the room but didn't spend much time at the hotel anyway. Pleasant views of the Vatican.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"A good experience"
Very convenient location and hotel conditions full feel my expectations. I would rent it again without hesitations.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Atlane Star Hotel"
The room t the begining we thought was OK for Europe. Small and most of the stuff in it old. The TV did not work. at the middle of our stay the A/C broke down. We did not get our room changed that night we had to sleep with only a fan. ( i do have to say it was a terrible night. Next day we did not get the room changd until late in the day and they had ignored the issue.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Hector
"Excellent location and fabulous terrace"
The staff is not very welcoming, nor helpful. It was a scorching summer. Our room's refrigerator was not working and despite telling us it would be replaced, we spent an entire week without refrigeration for our drinking water, medications, or other incidentals. When we'd request ice, we were sneered at and referred to the bar which didn't open until five pm. There is free wi fi only in the lobby, you are charged five euros for three hours if you want it in your room. The room suite was functional but very, very small space, and the showers need an overhaul; if your not careful, you flood the bathroom taking a shower. The cleaning staff was, however, very professional. Also, their printer was not functioning and we were unable to acquire needed documents. The staff's attitude marred some of our experience, but the location to the Vatican cannot be denied is excellent and it's rooftop terrace and dining room have impecable views of Rome, which made Atlante Star worth it. The neighborhood is very upper class and quiet. Brilliant location between the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo. If you prefer closer distance to Rome's attractions, than you are better off with a hotel nearer to the Piazza Navona, Pantheon, or Trevi Fountain.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Nice, clean hotel"
When we arrived, they had to move us to a room in the sister hotel around the corner, but everything else about our stay was perfect.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Good hotel. Great location!"
Nice hotel! Great location. 5 min walk from the vatican and buses.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
easy E
"Gem in a fantastic location"
From our free shuttle from the airport to our departure after 4 nights, we kept telling ourselves that we were glad we chose the Atlante Star Hotel. Very Close to the Vatican and Casa de Angelo, and a reasonable walk to everything else (Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Trevino Fountain, Spanish Steps). Lots of great outdoor dining options nearby. Our room was very clean, roomy for Rome, with a view of St Peter's. View from the rooftop lounge was breathtaking and service was great. Would certainly stay again.
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
Mike and Kristine
"It could be better"
The hotel location is fine (a little far from the Roman Forum and the Colosseum), but very close to the Vatican City. It is an old building with relatively comfortable facilities. The internet service was a joke. When we arrived there was a computer with free internet access, but days after our arrival we had to pay 3 euros for 1.30 hours. We passed from a free to a charged service overnight with no explanation from the hotel desk. The shuttle service to return to the airport is 40 euros. Do not take it. There is an ad offering airport shuttle on the streets; take that one. It is a cheaper service (31 euros). The overall experience was not bad, but I expected more from the hotel. However, take into account that Rome is a city where you really need to know where to eat, drink a coffee, or buy some food. It is a touristic city where visitors are treated as if we had tons of money to spend. You can be easily charged 7 euros for a cup of coffee.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Jesus
"Nice Hotel, close to the Vatican and turistic area"
Good Hotel for the price, excelent location, Magnificent view to the Vatican. I would repet this Hotel if back in Rome.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Great location in Roma!"
Great hotel. Everything good with comfort, cleanliness, etc. Hotel staff a little too busy for individual guests, and we are not very needy. Caution on your bill at checkout. Several guests had unexpected charges that were taken off before we left.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Charlie
"Nice quaint hotel near the Vatican"
Hotel staff was excellent, very help full. beds are a little stiff. room was very clean, great location next to the Vatican. the view from the terrace is amazing.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Hotel located near Vatican and Rome metro"
Hotel rooms were small and had no coffee pot or other means to heat water for tea or instant coffee. Rooms on the 5th floor are directly under the hotel restaurant and their loud, late-night parties make sleep difficult. Hotel has flight of stairs that connect the street entrance to the lobby and the elevator. Hence, very difficult to access with heavy bags or if traveler is disabled.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Mas traveler
"Nearby the Vatican City- convenient"
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The roof garden provides a spectacular view to the St Peter's Basilica and the St Angelo Castle & both are within walking distance. St Peter is a 5-minute walk; the Sistine Chapel is 20. We enjoyed the breakfast every morning and some beverages at sunset in the Roof Garden Restaurant. On our first day we stayed in a room on the lower floor where the interior was old with existent mirror wall. I felt very discouraged. The air-conditioner was not working for one day. The staff made arrangement to move us to a better room on the upper floor on the next day. This room had different interior finishes and the air-conditioning system worked alright. We felt more comfortable on these hot summer nights in Rome. Overall, the design and finishes of these hotel rooms and public areas show high-end Italian design, it is a fun place to stay. In term of value, this hotel offers us a reasonable rate & convenient location.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Grace
"Great Location Acceptable experience"
Clean, friendly bi-lingual head staff! Air Conditioning is not up to American Standards Decent facilities and value!
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Chuck
"Great location, unbelievable view, clean and quain"
The view from the roof garden was amazing of the Vatican and St Peters. I would suggest this hotel for that alone. Our room had a cute little balcony, but most did not. Everthing was clean and neat.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Lovetotravel
"Convenient location, small room with poor AC"
Pluses- airport pickup, location and proximity to Vatican, restaurants, metro, etc.; beautiful rooftop view. Less favorable- broken hair dryer, poor AC during heat wave, staff usually helpful but not especially warm. Good value for the money but would not stay again.
5 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Very convenient, roof-top bar wonderful"
This is the second visit to this hotel. I would definitely stay here again. I would recommend this as an affordable and convenient place to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2013
ML
"Good location, Good service"
This hotel close to Vatican museums and St. Peter's Basilica and also close to Metro station----Ottaviano. The Hotel have clean and comfortable rooms. The front desk help gests friendly. The Hotel breakfast is very good. We came from USA and had stayed this hotel for 4 nights . We like this hotel.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Qingli
"Vatican City"
I had a good experience with them, hotel staff (front desk, room service and the Terraza Cafe) is friendly and helpful. Two situations you might want to take into consideration: 1) After waiting for 20 minutes at Ficino airport, around 5 pm, I called them from my cellphone. They told me that they would pick me up at 6.10 pm --my flight arrrived at 4.15 pm from Palermo. They gave me the choice to pay for my taxi to the hotel and use the shuttle service on my way to the airport. 2) If the above described happens to you, make sure that your name is "written" in their booking notebook for the airport shuttle, I almost missed my ride because, as I discovered later, mine was not and although I made known the front desk that I was waiting for the airport shuttle, the driver didn't know it and he left the place and had to come back to pick me up, which of course, caused a little of discomfort among the travelers inside the shuttle.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Carmela
"Good Vatican location bur"
This is not a four star hotel !
5 night trip Jun 12, 2013
Sylvia
"Wonderful location"
I feel that I lucked out when I chose Atlante Star in Rome! It sat in the midst of wonderful attractions, and it's one of the few hotels that offer a free shuttle from the airport! The staff was very helpful and nice. I would definitely recommend it (I have already!), and I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Debra
"WALK TO THE VATICAN"
Nice hotel in a wonderful location. Couple of blocks from the Vatican and the river...we walked to most of the major sites of Rome. Delicious breakfast buffet with fabulous views of St. Peters and nice rooftop bar with views of the whole city.
2 night trip May 25, 2013
LATAY
"Super Close to Vatican City"
Great location, only a few blocks from Vatican City. There are some good restaurants near the hotel and the staff was very very helpful. Downsides are that if you have a room facing the street, the street noise at night is pretty loud. Room was a little small, but was clean and suitable. Would stay there again!
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2013
"Great location, hotel ok"
We booked the hotel at the last minute for the location and it advertised free parking. Parking wasnt free it was 30 Euros per night. The hotel is in a great spot just outside the Vatican. The room we had was in need of updating and a good clean. There was mold in the shower and very poor water pressure. Staff was pleasant and they have a terrific roof top area with a great night view of St Peters
1 night romance trip May 23, 2013
"Don't trust the number of stars"
The hotel is really old, the room is very uncomfortable, the ventilation of the bathroom points out to the room, the view of the room is to the interior of the building which doesen't have being given mantainance in years. Don't ask for anything as they don't have it (ie. iron, umbrella, etc). The hair dryer doesn't work. The only advantage is that is close to the Vatican but the experience in the hotel is very disappointing I don't know how they have 4 stars!
Other trip May 9, 2013
Alfo
"Nice Hotel / Amazing View"
The hotel was old world European. Amazing view to the Vatican the extremely close. Just a 5 minute walk away. It was an average/nice hotel. Rooms were small. Air Conditioning was not working. Luckily we had cool nights. Before booking, I'd make sure you confirm the AC was working. It would have been intolerably hot if it was in the Summer.
4 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"Great location for Rome and the Vatican"
The room was small, air conditioning did not work, and there were no wash cloths. Bed was not very comfortable and there were no room safes. The location was great, the breakfast was good and the rooftop restaurant had terrific views. Overall I liked it but it was overpriced for what it was.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
Greg
"not good"
advertised that is has a/c, but doesn't until end of june, this is april. not helpful with tours, don't know the location of anything in the city. charge a fee to exchange money, don't offer food. (there is an independant very formal rooftop restaurant with 24 hours notice to dine) and it took 4 days to get laundry done (they charged 65 euros which at this time was $100) they charge for inernet that was advertised as free, but it was down due to road work right in front of the hotel, the noise was terrible especially because you had to sleep with the window open because it was hot in the room
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
sonya
"Great location, unfriendly staff"
althought th hotel is in a WONDERFUL location,and has a fantastic view of St Peters, and the hotel is very clean...the staff was not friendly...I stayed here 5 years ago and found them most helpful...but not on this 4 night stay...they hardly spoke to us!!! part of the journey to Rome is the people you meet...I would find another location...
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"My teen daughter and I enjoyed our stay"
We had the heater turned off but it was still sooo hot. Great location to walk to almost anything. Short walking distance to subway. Great restaurants close by. Overall a decent time.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"A delight for honeymooners."
An almost traditional European style hotel. It's cute and cozy inside. Walking distance to The Vatican and Castel Sant'angelo where you can literally see the St. Michael statue from the entrance of the hotel. Lots of places to eat around the block including a small grocery store just around the corner. The breakfast buffet is pretty good but the view is the main reason you should go up there. The hotel can be a bit noisy from the sound of the ambulance or police sirens outside in the early morning but its manageable and you get used to it. Internet and wi-fi could be a little better but its free so I guess it's ok. Walls are kind of thin so don't be too noisy especially if you're in the hall.
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
The Aquino's
"Old, dusty hotel, small rooms, good location"
The room is very small and very dusty, last time it was renovated probably in 19th century. Toilet did not work properly, in addition the toilet ventilation goes right into the room. This is the only source of the "fresh" air in the room. No climate control. Good location, 10 min walking from Vatican and good view from the restaurant (but the restaurant food is average) The front desk is very rude (some Ukrainian personnel). TV didn't work; no Internet, you will have to pay for the Internet separately.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2012
Taxido
""excellent hotel for a solo traveller""
Hotel is very convenient to the center, shopping and restaurants. Staff is polite and helpful. They are very pleasant . During my stay I felt safe and at home . Stayed in the lobby to use the WIFI at dawn..staff at night makes sure check and asked if you need assistance. The roof top garden restaurant food is great, nice ambiance of St. Peter dome. "Romantic. " Staff at the restaurants was also very accommodating. Had great time during my journey .
Other trip Nov 30, 2012
ANA
Very nice and helpful people
2 night trip Sep 6, 2012
"Great place to stay!"
The location of the hotel is perfect - just a short distance from San Pietro and close to all forms of transportation. The cleanliness of the hotel was perfect. The front desk personnel are not as warm as those in the USA. I was disappointed that the rooftop garden was closed and that you could only dine in the upstairs restaurant with reservations.
Other trip Oct 13, 2012
"Ok hotel by European standards"
Not a bad hotel for an older European city (i.e. it was what I was expecting). Rooms are on the small side, but big enough if you are travelling alone or with your spouse (and don't have a ton of luggage). This is not a 4 star hotel as you would find in the states, make sure you understand that going into it and you won't be disappointed. My room had a mini-bar but no ironing board, go figure. The hotel has wifi, but you must pay for it and coverage in the lobby/bar-area is suspect (but no issues at all in my room). The safe in my room was broken which was a major inconvenience. The staff is courteous and pleasant. The only issue I had was the free shuttle pickup at the airport. My flight was late and it took an hour to get my luggage and the driver did not wait - the result was that I had to wait at the airport for almost 2 hours for him to come back. While the hotel charges for a shuttle back to the airport, it is cheaper than it would be to take a cab.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
DB Cooper
"There are better options"
The hotel locations was perfect, but the lack of maintenance in the room we were given was obvious (hair dryer did not work, two burnt light bulbs and the TV set had to be repaired). Besides, there was very limited Internet access and the restaurants were closed most of the time.
Romance trip Oct 6, 2012
Eduardo
"great for couples"
The hotel was great. The room was a little small by American standards, but that is what I expected. The staff was friendly and always willing to help us with whatever we needed. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
Dana
The room was tiny. Air conditioning did not work. Customer service seemed like an effort. Surrounding neighborhood was lacking.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2012
The hotel was nice with a great location just 5 blocks walking from St. Peter' basilica....The breakfast was great and the rooms were clean. The only thing that wasn't great was their airconditioner...it worked but it could have been cooler, but on the same note it was hard to find a place in Rome were you could find a real cool airconditioner cooling well.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2012
Doris

The rooftop garden was used for special events while we were there - we weren't sure whether we could use it or not. It would be nice if this was posted somewhere. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. Very close to Vatican City but on a quiet street.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Very enjoyable stay"
The Hotel is situated in walking distance from the Vatican City and has a magnificent view over the Vatican and rest of Rome from the rooftop. Easy to access public transport from the hotel to visit the rest of the attractions in Rome. Staff rendered a friendly and professional service. Excellent stay and breakfast well worth it.
3 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
ZA
"sightseeing in 3 days"
Good area for the Vatican. 15 mins away from the tube but take advantage of the free shuttle service the hotel offers on arrival. Tube station easy to work out and v centrally located for most of the attractions. WiFi a little bit and miss and some of the staff a little unhelpful. The maids are v friendly and the bell boy has good eating tips. Breakfast has a good selection of goodies. Roof top bar worth a visit at sunset.
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
ruocco
"Excellent location."
After reading some bad reports we did have some reservations. These were immediately dispelled on arrival All the staff from the conceirge to the room maids and restaurant staff could not have been more polite and helpful. The view from the roof garden was fantastic. A 360 view of central Rome and the hills beyond. It was an excellent spot to take in the sunset while enjoying drinks with our friends. The rooms themselves were spotless and all the towels were changed every day, no requests to save the world by keeping the towels until they were soaking wet.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Terry ten chins
"Good hotel close the Vatican and transportation."
We were there for 8 nights to visit Rome and share with our grandson. The weather was not great, but the trip worked well.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
We always stay at the Atlante Star when visiting Rome. The hotel staff are friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. This hotel has an outstanding rooftop garden with a 360 degree view of Rome. Our visit to Rome this time was more exciting as they were filming the new James Bond film so a lot of places we went to there was a camera crew (didn't get to see any stars though).
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Lovely location"
The hotel has a good location if you are visiting St Peter's Basilica and Vatican museum about two minutes walk . Lovely view on the breakfast room. Breakfast was good and plenty of selection.
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Very close to St. Peter's and the Vatican."
The hotel is in a great location for visiting tourist sites and accessing the hop on hop off buses that tour the city. Unfortunately, the hotel had closed their restaurant to guests for the duration of our stay and did not inform us of this prior to our arrival. The room was barely adequate in size and was in need of refurbishment in the bathroom. There was no free TV access, only Sky which you had to pay for. There were no tea and coffee making facilities. No free bottles of water were available and the mini-bar was sparsely but expensively stocked.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Alan
"No cat swinging in this hotel room..."
Very tiny room, couldn't even open our suitcase without putting it on the bed, noisy street front room with the joys of garbage collection at 2AM. Offered an interior room for our second night and it was large enough to open one suitcase in the closet and one perched on the small writing desk. Friendly, helpful staff but have never had a smaller room the the fist one.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014