All hotels in Candler, North Carolina, United States of America
2551 Smoky Park Hwy, I-40Exit 37, CandlerNC28715United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Not really comfortable here"
Vacation stopover on the way to the beach with the family. Inexpensive room and available, so we took it. Did not feel comfortable checking out hotels amenities. Definitely on lower end of hotel spectrum. Food still left in room mini-fridge.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
kathleen
Staff was friendly and courteous. Nice mountain view.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
"Great place to sleep"
Nice place to stay....beds were comfortable...place was clean....it is a little dated....built in the 1970's. But it is clean.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Ric
"vacation"
It was a nice hotel and the staff was very kind.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Good hotel for the price"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a good hotel for the price and as a place to sleep. We were wishing that it was a little closer to Asheville and there was less driving back and forth.
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Issues for managemet to address"
We stayed in room 129. Carpet was stained, room smelled (we had to air out for about 30 mins.) and water was leaking from the ceiling the morning we left. When you used the facilities, water from the second floor would rain down on you. We weren't comfortable using the shower in case the ceiling would fall down and the fixtures from above. I wasn't sure if the bed had fresh linens or not. The advertising that a southern supper would be served needs explanation. A can of Campbell's Veg. Beef soup and crackers was less than I expected. Sunday breakfast was ok, and the staff were extremely pleasant. They were doing the best they could with what they had.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Marlene
"Good room rate, dirty carpet"
Overall, our experience was good. Upon check-in, the front desk called our room to make sure all was ok. There was a comp breakfast. An comp evening meal of soup. Manager came around to each table and ask if everything was ok and thanked us for staying with them. Extra coffee packages was picked up at front desk. each day. Housekeeping was friendly and fulfilled our additional request for wash cloths, etc. Guest in room above us woke us up at 5am and footsteps were loud. Sounded like they were line dancing. Although this is an old facility, the carpet needed a good shampoo or replacing. There was a dog toy under the bed. We always take a can of Lysol and wipes to clean everything including telephone, tv remote and bathroom upon check in.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Dorothy
"Good value for the money."
the hotel is a little out of the way but comparatively good value for the money. Cleaner. The bed was super comfortable but the pillows a little too small; though 3 pillows per bed. Polite staff.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Thank your for taking the time to review us. I am pleased to know you had a good stay: good value, clean, comfortable and good staff. Please visit us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great value for an old hotel."
Staff was friendly. We arrived early, but were not able to check in until 3. The hotel is old, but slowly we saw the hotel rooms are being updated. Couldn't understand while our reservation stated 4, we were only given towels for 3( both days). Carpet was gross, we were shoes. Pool was nice. Breakfast was delicious. They also offered a 'simple southern' dinner, but we didn't try it. Only down fall is that the front office & meals are in a seperate building. The location is good. The value was fabulous.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Kim, Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am very happy to know you found us to be a great value and thanks for acknowledging our friendly staff, updated rooms, nice pool, delicious breakfast and good location. Thank you for the feedback on the carpet and I'm sorry it was not up to par. We hope you will stay with us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
kim
"The room was very nice and clean location was nice"
It was nice and I liked the location not to far from town but not really in town
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"We just needed a clean place to sleep and shower."
We got in late and didn't unpack. The place is very dated and furniture was in need of repair or replacement. Bed was worn and uncomfortable. Next day we left and spent the whole day and night only returning to got to bed and the next morning woke to find cockroaches hanging out on the dresser. This motel seemed to have people residing there and some of the women we saw hanging out in the parking lot looked questionable... This is what we should have expected in a $50 dollar motel. We will just spend the extra money next time to get better then roaches and ladies of the night.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
D
Breakfast bar came in handy for getting an early start for the day's activity.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Freddie, Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our big healthy breakfast bar. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
freddie
"Pleasantly surprised."
I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, seeing it's remote location. I would stay there again.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Jeanne, I am very happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised by your stay at the Days Inn Asheville West and that you would stay here again. Thanks for the review and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
2 night trip Aug 3, 2015
Jeanne
"great stay"
It was a great stay. The room was clean and the pool was clean. Breakfast was good! We got clean linens when we needed them. We will stay again. Great rates too :)
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Thank you for complimenting our clean rooms and pool, good breakfast and housekeeping and great rates. We hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Nice place to stay on the Interstate"
Good stay. I would not recommend the second floor room that faces the ice machine. People were getting ice out of the machine all night long. The curtains do not close completely so we had to rig them to ensure privacy. The pool was great however. The free soup dinners were really nice and it was good that they offered free breakfast. A lot of people had dogs. Apparently it is a very dog friendly Motel. There were several wi-fi access points but none of them were usable. I used the one from my phone. The people were very friendly and the temperature was a nice 78 when it was 92 at home.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Wayne
"OK if you need a place to sleep"
This wasn't our first choice, and although I'd stay here if I needed a place to lay my head it definitely won't be my first choice when we return to the area again. Our non-smoking room had a hint of smoke smell with a strong and pervasive layer of pet/dog stench (even the 6yo said, "it smells like a wet dog in here!"). The staff was friendly and helpful in general, except when I brought up the odor - the desk clerk cheerfully confirmed that pets are allowed for an extra fee, but when I mentioned nicely that our room had a REALLY strong animal smell, I didn't even so much as get a head nod or a word of acknowledgement.....it was actually as if I had not spoken at all, which I especially didn't like, coming from a customer service background. In general, it was a roof over our heads for one night, but the room was very well-worn and wasn't worth the well over $100 that I paid, for sure.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
A
Someone had smoked in the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Sandra
"Very old property and showing its age."
Needs a lot of renovating as everything was old. Room was ok and comfortable, but outside corridors were kind of nasty (urine smell by the stairwell near our room) and almost seemed to be leaning. A few doors down from our room one of the occupants had on an ankle monitor and a lot of the people spent a lot of time outside on the walkways smoking and drinking beer. The wireless internet was more off than on, but we were about as far away from the office as you could get.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Valerie
Typical Days Inn room. A little further out of town then expected.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2015
steven
"Not a family place ..."
This location sits next to the interstate and was mostly truckers and construction workers. Glad I didn't have any kids traveling and would not recommend to vacation travelers looking for a nice secure spot to spend the night.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Didn.t have first floor. Expedia forgot to request this.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
I'm pleased to know you had an overall good stay. I'm sorry we didn't have a 1st floor room available for you. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Ray
Room was clean and in a good condition. Overall service was not bad.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"A family hotel!!!"
Too many kids and parents had no control.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Parthenia
Staff was great and the ro was clean.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
stephen
"Quick getaway"
Nice hotel. Alittle far from food locations. But other wise decent place to stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
amber
"Wouldn't do it again!"
The attendant at "breakfast" was rude and grumpy. She made me feel like I was bothering her to ask her anything. I asked her "is there any decaf" (normally found at a breakfast bar) and you would have thought asked for the moon. A simple no would have sufficed . On Friday night, some of the guests played Mexican music (with room doors open and volume on high)until well after midnight. We called the front desk a little after 10pm and was told that noise was allowed until 11pm. a little after 11pm we called back and the front desk clerk said she was alone and couldn't do anything about it. She said she had to call the sheriff. I never saw the sheriff and confronted the party people at about 12:30am. It soon got quiet. I'm a big guy and was not happy with any of it. The next morning a man in an adjacent room thanked me and told me that "it" goes on every weekend. He was staying week to week while building a house. This "hotel" was a bad experience on an otherwise great vacation!
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Convienient location but dirty room and run down h"
The hotel itself was very run down and the rooms were dirty. The pool was good but people who appeared to live there hung out there all evening and there were only 4 chairs. The bbq area was a nice place for my kids to run and catch fireflies. The free breakfast was toast, cereal, eggs, and biscuits with gravy. The location was very convenient for driving to Asheville, Brevard, and Gatlinburg.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Crista
"Close to ashevile and convenient."
The room was clean and had everything we needed since we would only be there after sightseeing.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Deb
My biggest problem with this location is the parking. Plus you have to drive 6 miles to find restaurants...Enka/candler exit is s better choice.
6 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
Wesley
"dirty room"
The room was dirty and there were ants crawling around the sink, which did not impress me, but we stayed because we had two exhausted toddlers and did not want to find another hotel. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was nice.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Kimberly
"Nice, clean motel, near Asheville"
The motel itself was nice, clean and safe. The front desk staff was pleasant and professional. Shortly after checking in and getting settled we received a call from the front desk making sure that the room was to our liking. The hotel offers not only included breakfast, but also a light dinner, in a clean, separate dining facility. There is really nothing close by, but it is only about 10-12 minutes outside of Asheville. It is an older motel, and we could easily hear the movements of the room above us, but overall, the stay was good. I would have no reservations about staying here again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Only if it is the last room"
The hotel was old and run down. The internet did't work and when I called the office they didn't seem to care.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Needs updating"
Needs to update to flat screen TV's still has TV's from last century
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Off Interstate to NC Entrance to Great Smoky Mt.NP"
Room was pretty awful. Its one window faced a staircase and a wall - couldn't see the sky. Probably other rooms were better. Old motel, needed updating, room felt dirty, but maybe just old and worn. Breakfast room and offerings were fine. Located off interstate approaching Great Smoky Mountains.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
For the price you can't beat it. We stayed here for our biltmore trip because it was half the price of other places. We paid 50.00 and it was a 50.00 hotel. The room was simple and clean. It was quiet at night, the pool was well maintained. Breakfast was great. Dinner was soup, so it did not fill us up. I think there were some people that lived at this hotel, but they were of no bother to us at all. We felt safe.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Kathryn
"Fine for a one night stop"
What I expected for the price. This was just a stop on the way to our final destination so we just wanted a clean place to sleep. The room was definitely older but clean and no bugs. The breakfast was better then expected, had a couple of hot items. Not much in the area but we didn't need anything extra. Fine for a one night stay on the way to somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Upon arrival you can't see the hotel. The office is in a separate building. There were several people sitting on the walkways by the doors sitting in bag chairs smoking. The room had torn carpet around where the A/C had been replaced but carpet was never repaired to fit the different sized unit. This was the case with most of the property. It wan't clean, repairs were not completed properly.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"I would return."
For the price it wasn't bad. The staff were very friendly, even called us a short time after we arrived to ask if we found the room and how we liked everything. If your expecting a 5 star hotel this isn't it, but if your paying this price you shouldn't expect one. I would go back.
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great Staff but no supervision in parking situatio"
We enjoyed our stay but parking was a problem because there is a 18 wheeler trailer that takes up about 10 parking places at the end. Three different nights that we were there a large van truck took up an additional 6 parking places, and then a truck pulling a 6 X 12 Trailer took up 8 places. WE came in one night and 3 carloads of cops were parked and they were walking up and down the side walks as tho they were looking for someone. As far as the staff they were great the breakfast and soup supper was great. We have stayed here several times but this time parking was an issue. There are places provided for trucks and trailers to park but no one supervises the parking situation. I do not know how long the trailer had been parked but the front desk did not seem to know about it, however, it was still parked when we left.
8 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Not a great experience"
This building is extremely old and should be condemned. Rooms not soundproofed at all. Could hear every step the guests upstairs made. Shoddy attempts made to "update" rooms, but pretty bad. Weatherstripping under the door torn off. Flies coming into the room my whole stay.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Wesley
"Hominy Valley Singing accommodations"
Excellent service. Comfortable room.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Clarence
"Creepy"
Do not rent this hotel for any reason!! There are people living here and we were not comfortable for longer than 20 minutes before we promptly checked out!!
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Andrianna
"Not worth $1"
Room was very dated, dirty and had a horrible smell! Caulking in tub was moldy... Kids feet were BLACK from the dirty carpet. Beds were hard as a rock. I would give this a zero!
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Crystal
"Worth the cost of the room..."
Everything in the room was fine. Originally was given a room away from the parking lot. I was promptly given another room when I asked to overlook thee parking lot. Service was great. The breakfast was good but the dinner was lacking. I would stay there again though.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
"Tournament Visit"
A clean bed in an older room
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Overpriced. Air conditioner was extremely noisy. Needed general maintenance everywhere.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Unsatisfied"
The staff were very nice. My room is comfortable but my daughter came in staying in another room, checked in late and was given a room that smells urine. She was given Lysol to spray in her room. Not able to sleep. I went the next day to reception to request to move her to another room. She should have been offered to be moved that night she complained that her room smells urine. Needed more guest service knowledge to handle complaints.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Concerned Mom
"Days Inn Asheville West"
The room was very clean. The desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful. The online room rate was a bargain! I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Janice, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am very pleased to know you found the room to be very clean, the front desk to provide excellent customer service and the rate to be great. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
6 night family trip May 31, 2015
Janice
"You get what you pay for."
It's ok considering I got such a good deal on it, but there were kids running up and down the hall for HOURS and it sounded like every room had a trampoline in it. I was jealous that ours didnt come with a trampoline because I wanted to join in the commotion! Breakfast and dinner were complimentary which was nice. It was ok overall.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am pleased to know you had an overall satisfactory stay at a good rate and enjoyed the free breakfast and supper. I apologize that your experience was affected by noisy kids that were running around without parental supervision or in the room above. We do our best to control noise disturbances and encourage our guests to report them. I appreciate you having a good sense of humor about it :-) Thank you for your feedback and we hope to be of service to you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"mixed feelings"
over priced for the condition of the property - non-smoking rooom obviously didn't hadn't always been - housekeeping banging on the door at 9am while I was trying to sleep - otherwise, economical compared to properties closer to downtown, yet still only 15 min away
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015