All hotels in Candler, North Carolina, United States of America
2551 Smoky Park Hwy, I-40, Exit 37, Candler, NC, 28715, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Very old property and showing its age."
Needs a lot of renovating as everything was old. Room was ok and comfortable, but outside corridors were kind of nasty (urine smell by the stairwell near our room) and almost seemed to be leaning. A few doors down from our room one of the occupants had on an ankle monitor and a lot of the people spent a lot of time outside on the walkways smoking and drinking beer. The wireless internet was more off than on, but we were about as far away from the office as you could get.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Valerie
Typical Days Inn room. A little further out of town then expected.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2015
steven
"Not a family place ..."
This location sits next to the interstate and was mostly truckers and construction workers. Glad I didn't have any kids traveling and would not recommend to vacation travelers looking for a nice secure spot to spend the night.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Didn.t have first floor. Expedia forgot to request this.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
I'm pleased to know you had an overall good stay. I'm sorry we didn't have a 1st floor room available for you. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Ray
Room was clean and in a good condition. Overall service was not bad.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"A family hotel!!!"
Too many kids and parents had no control.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Parthenia
Staff was great and the ro was clean.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
stephen
"Quick getaway"
Nice hotel. Alittle far from food locations. But other wise decent place to stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
amber
"Wouldn't do it again!"
The attendant at "breakfast" was rude and grumpy. She made me feel like I was bothering her to ask her anything. I asked her "is there any decaf" (normally found at a breakfast bar) and you would have thought asked for the moon. A simple no would have sufficed . On Friday night, some of the guests played Mexican music (with room doors open and volume on high)until well after midnight. We called the front desk a little after 10pm and was told that noise was allowed until 11pm. a little after 11pm we called back and the front desk clerk said she was alone and couldn't do anything about it. She said she had to call the sheriff. I never saw the sheriff and confronted the party people at about 12:30am. It soon got quiet. I'm a big guy and was not happy with any of it. The next morning a man in an adjacent room thanked me and told me that "it" goes on every weekend. He was staying week to week while building a house. This "hotel" was a bad experience on an otherwise great vacation!
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Convienient location but dirty room and run down h"
The hotel itself was very run down and the rooms were dirty. The pool was good but people who appeared to live there hung out there all evening and there were only 4 chairs. The bbq area was a nice place for my kids to run and catch fireflies. The free breakfast was toast, cereal, eggs, and biscuits with gravy. The location was very convenient for driving to Asheville, Brevard, and Gatlinburg.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Crista
"Close to ashevile and convenient."
The room was clean and had everything we needed since we would only be there after sightseeing.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Deb
My biggest problem with this location is the parking. Plus you have to drive 6 miles to find restaurants...Enka/candler exit is s better choice.
6 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
Wesley
"dirty room"
The room was dirty and there were ants crawling around the sink, which did not impress me, but we stayed because we had two exhausted toddlers and did not want to find another hotel. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was nice.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Kimberly
"Nice, clean motel, near Asheville"
The motel itself was nice, clean and safe. The front desk staff was pleasant and professional. Shortly after checking in and getting settled we received a call from the front desk making sure that the room was to our liking. The hotel offers not only included breakfast, but also a light dinner, in a clean, separate dining facility. There is really nothing close by, but it is only about 10-12 minutes outside of Asheville. It is an older motel, and we could easily hear the movements of the room above us, but overall, the stay was good. I would have no reservations about staying here again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Only if it is the last room"
The hotel was old and run down. The internet did't work and when I called the office they didn't seem to care.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Needs updating"
Needs to update to flat screen TV's still has TV's from last century
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Off Interstate to NC Entrance to Great Smoky Mt.NP"
Room was pretty awful. Its one window faced a staircase and a wall - couldn't see the sky. Probably other rooms were better. Old motel, needed updating, room felt dirty, but maybe just old and worn. Breakfast room and offerings were fine. Located off interstate approaching Great Smoky Mountains.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
For the price you can't beat it. We stayed here for our biltmore trip because it was half the price of other places. We paid 50.00 and it was a 50.00 hotel. The room was simple and clean. It was quiet at night, the pool was well maintained. Breakfast was great. Dinner was soup, so it did not fill us up. I think there were some people that lived at this hotel, but they were of no bother to us at all. We felt safe.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Kathryn
"Fine for a one night stop"
What I expected for the price. This was just a stop on the way to our final destination so we just wanted a clean place to sleep. The room was definitely older but clean and no bugs. The breakfast was better then expected, had a couple of hot items. Not much in the area but we didn't need anything extra. Fine for a one night stay on the way to somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Upon arrival you can't see the hotel. The office is in a separate building. There were several people sitting on the walkways by the doors sitting in bag chairs smoking. The room had torn carpet around where the A/C had been replaced but carpet was never repaired to fit the different sized unit. This was the case with most of the property. It wan't clean, repairs were not completed properly.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"I would return."
For the price it wasn't bad. The staff were very friendly, even called us a short time after we arrived to ask if we found the room and how we liked everything. If your expecting a 5 star hotel this isn't it, but if your paying this price you shouldn't expect one. I would go back.
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great Staff but no supervision in parking situatio"
We enjoyed our stay but parking was a problem because there is a 18 wheeler trailer that takes up about 10 parking places at the end. Three different nights that we were there a large van truck took up an additional 6 parking places, and then a truck pulling a 6 X 12 Trailer took up 8 places. WE came in one night and 3 carloads of cops were parked and they were walking up and down the side walks as tho they were looking for someone. As far as the staff they were great the breakfast and soup supper was great. We have stayed here several times but this time parking was an issue. There are places provided for trucks and trailers to park but no one supervises the parking situation. I do not know how long the trailer had been parked but the front desk did not seem to know about it, however, it was still parked when we left.
8 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Not a great experience"
This building is extremely old and should be condemned. Rooms not soundproofed at all. Could hear every step the guests upstairs made. Shoddy attempts made to "update" rooms, but pretty bad. Weatherstripping under the door torn off. Flies coming into the room my whole stay.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Wesley
"Hominy Valley Singing accommodations"
Excellent service. Comfortable room.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Clarence
"Creepy"
Do not rent this hotel for any reason!! There are people living here and we were not comfortable for longer than 20 minutes before we promptly checked out!!
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Andrianna
"Not worth $1"
Room was very dated, dirty and had a horrible smell! Caulking in tub was moldy... Kids feet were BLACK from the dirty carpet. Beds were hard as a rock. I would give this a zero!
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Crystal
"Worth the cost of the room..."
Everything in the room was fine. Originally was given a room away from the parking lot. I was promptly given another room when I asked to overlook thee parking lot. Service was great. The breakfast was good but the dinner was lacking. I would stay there again though.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
"Tournament Visit"
A clean bed in an older room
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Overpriced. Air conditioner was extremely noisy. Needed general maintenance everywhere.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Unsatisfied"
The staff were very nice. My room is comfortable but my daughter came in staying in another room, checked in late and was given a room that smells urine. She was given Lysol to spray in her room. Not able to sleep. I went the next day to reception to request to move her to another room. She should have been offered to be moved that night she complained that her room smells urine. Needed more guest service knowledge to handle complaints.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Concerned Mom
"Days Inn Asheville West"
The room was very clean. The desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful. The online room rate was a bargain! I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Janice, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am very pleased to know you found the room to be very clean, the front desk to provide excellent customer service and the rate to be great. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
6 night family trip May 31, 2015
Janice
"You get what you pay for."
It's ok considering I got such a good deal on it, but there were kids running up and down the hall for HOURS and it sounded like every room had a trampoline in it. I was jealous that ours didnt come with a trampoline because I wanted to join in the commotion! Breakfast and dinner were complimentary which was nice. It was ok overall.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am pleased to know you had an overall satisfactory stay at a good rate and enjoyed the free breakfast and supper. I apologize that your experience was affected by noisy kids that were running around without parental supervision or in the room above. We do our best to control noise disturbances and encourage our guests to report them. I appreciate you having a good sense of humor about it :-) Thank you for your feedback and we hope to be of service to you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"mixed feelings"
over priced for the condition of the property - non-smoking rooom obviously didn't hadn't always been - housekeeping banging on the door at 9am while I was trying to sleep - otherwise, economical compared to properties closer to downtown, yet still only 15 min away
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"felt dirty"
it was over priced and outdated. felt run down.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
leo
The rooms were clean, decent, and well-equipped with refrigerator and microwave, even if a bit dated and worn. The breakfast area was much better than most similar motels--lots of space, clean, with fresh hot biscuits, gravy, eggs, and oatmeal. Don't expect the usual stale pastries and baked goods! There was even an evening supper included, though we did not try it (too many good restaurants in Asheville). It is a way out of town, but it's quiet as a result.
2 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Rosemary
"Decent little hotel!"
This was a stop over from Duck, NC to St. Louis, MO. The hotel was a little old but clean and the staff was super friendly. The "dinner" was kind of funny; soup. No biscuits just soup. We didn't expect dinner at all so it was no big deal. It made for a good chuckle. The breakfast was more than we expected; biscuits, gravy, eggs, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Shelly
"Low rate, low expectation."
The air conditioning unit was very noisy and there was a peculiar odor in the room that gave us both a minor respiratory problem. The breakfast bar was good.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback. I apologize for the noisy AC and room odor and am pleased you enjoyed our Daybreak breakfast. Your comments will be addressed and we thank you for bringing them to our attention. We are making a lot of improvements and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Stayed only three nights instead of four--found a hotel with indoor pool and hot tub instread.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"St Louis road trip"
Stayed one night of road trip to St Louis, MO. Good value for price.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Robert, Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your road trip. I am very pleased to know you had a good experience and found the value to be good for the price. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"Was not worth 90.00 a night!!"
The Days Inn Asheville West, in Canton, NC was not worth the price that was charged. The room, although clean, needed serious updating. Although there was brand new carpeting in our room, the bathroom tub/shower was tiled and had old fixtures that were corroded and leaking. The TV was an older model... a much older TV. If the bathroom area was updated and they put in a flat screen TV, it would have been worth the price. If we knew this ahead of time, we would have stayed somewhere else. I have never been to a Days Inn that was in such condition.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
robert
"Overpriced"
This place is not worth what they charge. I thought we were staying in a nicer place based on the price. It is old and the room finishes are terrible. The people at the front desk were nice but I would have hoped for a nicer place.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Great value"
Great friendly staff, smoking and no smoking rooms available. Good free food as well!
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
I am very pleased to know you found us to be a great value. Thank you for complimenting our friendly staff and free breakfast and light supper. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Breakfast gem"
The hotel was a bit out of town, but had a marvelous breakfast with omelets, oatmeal with all the toppings, lite fair for dieters and southern specialties like sausage gravy biscuits plus on the go fruits and cereal bowls. The rooms and showers were fine. Hotel was just an older style. The ice machine had a part missing and the soda machines only took quarters. Nice lawn for people to play on away from parking. All in all, a nice place to stay.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Thank you for choosing to stay at the award-winning Days Inn Asheville West. I am very pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, our clean rooms and courtyard. We may be an older hotel, but we work hard to keep it clean and updated, so its a pleasure to know our efforts are appreciated. We hope you will stay with us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great Hotel and Staff!!"
I loved this hotel! Clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast and even light dinner served. Very good for the cost.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Patricia, I am very pleased to know you had a great stay with us at the Days Inn Asheville West. Thank you for complimenting our cleanliness, our outstanding staff, our 2 free meals and great price. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
3 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"As Advertised"
Everything was as expected. Very welcoming staff. Clean, quiet room. Only negative was that the TV cable was offline, so no TV for the night. Free Wifi though allowed me to watch stuff online.
Response by Days Inn Asheville West
Dear Jason, Thanks for staying with us and I'm happy to hear you had an overall good stay. We appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Very good deal!"
The location is close enough to downtown Asheville but away enough to feel like you're secluded. The mountain view is quite nice. The room is big enough for 4 people to stay in. The breakfast was very good plus it is free. Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Lovey
Staff were very helpful and courtious Hotel a little out dated but comfortable.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Decent for a quick stop"
The room was clean and bed was comfortable. It was a decent stay here for the price. It's good for a 2 night stay. It is right off the highway so not much around the area happening. I would say it is a 20 min drive to Asheville although it might have been a little longer depending on traffic. Our neighbors staying in other rooms were a bit loud but it didn't bother us too much. But i'd recommend for a quick stay. I think they offer breakfast in the morning but we didn't try. Overall good!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Asma
"Hotel"
Good staff and room. Breakfast was OK too. Checked in at 9 PM and lobby was locked. Had to check in thru a hole in a window. Not sure if that is because of a nasty neighborhood or what.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
JERRY
"Hotel was easy to find."
We were there for the weekend. The check in was easy in and they let us check in 1 hour early. The breakfast was ok. They advertised a light supper that was disappointing . Both days we were there they only had soup. I think it would be better if they did not offer this. The hotel was in a good location and easy to find.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015