All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
940 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Pleasant stay at a nice neighborhood"
The staff were very polite and promt. Rooms are clean, with unique design. There's even a gym for guests inside the hotel. The neighborhood was awesome, with restaurants around and only 10' walk to Union Square area. My only complaint would be the Valet parking fee, which is a hefty 40$/night. Other than that, the whole experience was awesome! I would definitely recommend this hotel!
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
Tuyen
"Great hotel!!"
The staff were accommodating and the rooms were spacious. My only complaint was that it stated they valet park the cars but failed to mention it was $45 a day!!!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Samantha
"Bedbugs beware"
There were bedbugs. Expensive hotel but it didnt matter. I didnt check and me and my wife woke up with multiple bites.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"just average"
this hotel is really nothing special. Front desk and staff were very helpful but room spartan, really is a full length mirror too much to ask.
1 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
"Good Hotel"
great hotel and good location for to shops and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean.
3 night business trip May 18, 2015
Anne
"Great style, afordable, very clean & comfortable"
The hotel was perfect!
3 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Great location."
Very very quiet hotel, 5 blocks from union sq, sean and Greg very helpful.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Hugo
"BEDBUGS!! STAY AWAY"
There were bedbugs. $325 for a night and they had bedbugs. I usually don't stay in expensive hotels, and by habit I check for bedbugs. I did not solely based on the price, boy was that a mistake. I would not stay here again.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"Friendly Service, Convenient"
Hotel Vertigo is conveniently located just a few blocks from the Masonic Auditorium, where we went for a concert. It's also not far from Union Square. Samuel at the front desk was very friendly and gave us a quiet room as requested, which was larger than expected. The bathroom was small but nicely updated, with just a shower and no tub. The only drawback was that the curtains wouldn't close all the way. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
i loved it ! I will go back !
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
KELLY
"Excellent Hotel in a great area"
It was excellent, very clean, spacious rooms, totally updated, Professional staff, they were very helpful, friendly and accommodating.
3 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Downtown San Francisco Event"
I needed a room for a one-night musical concert in San Francisco and the Vertigo met my needs perfectly (close to event, clean, comfortable, helpful staff, price in line with other central San Francisco hotels). This hotel is not a destination itself (no restaurants, no entertainment, no great views of San Francisco from the windows) but is close to what San Francisco offers, so it works well for a downtown San Francisco visit. The room was a little small, but not too small for an overnight stay. The movie "Vertigo" was filmed there, thus the name.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great deal"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are several restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. My room was clean and neat. The building is old so you do hear the person above you walking around.
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
mary
"A good choice of hotels"
We have no complaints. It was very nice, the help was great, and the location is good for seeing the downtown city of San Fransisco.
3 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Apartment search"
Tha staff was great from the second we arrived. They were helpful with answering all our questions and gave good suggestions. Greg is super! Room was clean and comfortable. Central location makes it easy to get just about anywhere by walking. Only down side the extra cost for parking. I would stay here again. Thanks
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay."
The hotel is located between the Tenderloin and Nob Hill. My wife and I walked the city easily, though some hills are really steep, ate at numerous diners and restaurants nearby, and had a wonderful experience. Our time in our room was minimal, but it served us fine.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
From Chicago.
"Fair hotel with really comfy bed"
It's located at Sutter street, which is known for the variety of restaurants, however you need to be extra careful at night since tons of hobos wonder around. The best thing I love about hotel vertigo is their comfortable bed, it really do soothes me from hiking up&down hills in this city.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Viv.M.H
"Stylish hotel"
I like how this hotel looks! Stylish for me, clean rooms and enough space in the room.
1 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
"Cute hotel great location"
This hotel was so cute, and the staff very helpful especially if you're not familiar with the area. Only thing is that you have to pay $30+ A night to valet park your car if you can't find a spot around the hotel.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Tia
"Hotel with character in Lower Nobb Hill"
This is a lovely, small hotel located in the Lower Nobb Hill area. It was used in the Hitchcock movie Vertigo for exterior shots. The interior is cute and quirky. The staircase is a must see. The staff is friendly and efficient and also very caring. My first morning there I was in need of band aids and rather than telling me where to buy some, they rummaged around behind the desk and found me some. Saved my day! It is close to cable car lines and Union Square where the tour busses run. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the smaller, more intimate hotel experience.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Dena
"Hotel Vertigo was a Good Value"
The categories don't exactly fit the purpose of this trip which was a San Francisco get away for my adult daughter and me. Hotel Vertigo's location is fantastic. Our room was larger than I expected for a downtown boutique hotel. The bathroom was very small. Bed comfort was pretty good, but they desperately need to replace the pillows which were lumpy and uncomfortable. Travelers beware - no air conditioning in this small property. Our room received full sun most of the day and even in March, the room was too warm in the afternoon. Thank goodness for the ceiling fan.
3 night trip Mar 22, 2015
Catherine
"Good hotel for the price"
The hotel was a great value for what we got. The place was clean and well kept. There are two public buses nearby but the BART is around 8 blocks away. If you're coming from the BART and walking, beware that you will be walking uphill to the hotel (and most likely throughout your trip in San Francisco :)). The staff was friendly and had a small work out room with different machines. The workout room was quite loud, most likely due to keeping ventilation. The only big problem we had was that the housing staff broke our headphones when they were doing housekeeping. The process to replace them took a few days so we were missing headphones for a few days. Other than that, this hotel was a great value with well kept rooms in the heart of San Francisco.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
A
Basic room, nothing special, nondescript neighborhood. It was close to the location of our appointment, the reason we were in San Francisco.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"We were pleased."
Hotel was clean & efficient. The TV in our room wasn't getting reception so they moved us with no hesitation. Staff was friendly. Close enough to Union Square to walk. Hans Coffee Shop on the corner has fast and very good breakfast, they even have fresh squeezed orange juice!
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Nicely located little hotel -- clean, cute, and close enough to walk to Union Square for shopping and cable cars, or (slightly longer walk) to the Ferry Building.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"I like this hotel even if it's not that big..it' c"
I like the hotel kinda old but twas renovated and clean plus the history of being part of the movie a plus factor.staffs are accommodating and friendly...I need to print something and they have printer in the lobby for free..it's in downtown so it's closer to almost every thing..
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
"I need you to be Madeline!"
Loved that it's themed based on the movie Vertigo since it was used in the movie and learned that Kim Novak actually stayed there. It's a stylish, but no-frills hotel in a great location.
2 night trip Mar 18, 2015
James E
"Nice hotel, excellent location"
The hotel was excellent. The location was perfect. Within a 15 - 20 minute walk we could get to Union Square and ChinaTown and in 30 minutes we walked to Pier 39. The staff was very welcoming and friendly.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Felipe
"Wonderful and helpful staff"
Very nice hotel - rooms a bit small but clean and comfortable. Nice location too
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
abby
"Great central location"
Can get a little scary walking around at night. But that's pretty much downtown San Francisco.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Texas traveler
"Give it a try"
After driving up from Ventura County to Sonoma and back to the crazy city of SF, it was quite stressful finding a place to park to check-in. Parking, in general, is almost impossible on a weekend. The Vertigo has valet parking $35. I got a ding on my door the next morning, but there really isn't anything you can do about the parking. The gentleman, who checked us in/out (Sam/Jaime), was very pleasant and had a willingness to help. Sam saw this was a stressful experience for my daughter and me and tried to help us. I asked for a quiet room, if that was even possible. We actually had a peaceful night until housekeeping came in about 8am. I believe any hotel in this area is going to have it's issues. If you can get a quiet room and pleasant employees, that counts for a lot in my opinion.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Jamie
"Centrally located and beautiful!"
We wanted an older hotel/building that had been remodeled and that is exactly what we got. We were close to Union Square, walking distance. The hotel is clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again!
"Close to everything!"
I was upset that the tv didn't work and the room was too cold! But everything else was good!
Katlin
"Fun boutique hotel."
Staff was friendly and the room was nice. The room was small but it's a San Francisco hotel what do you expect. It was very reasonably priced for an SF property.
"Good hotel"
Hotel in good condition. Very friendly personal. Only you need put more power socket, what we have all busy and so far from bed. I recommended hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Tatiana
"Perfect for a weekend stay"
It was very nice. We got upgraded to a larger room with a larger bed and the staff was very patient and helpful with any questions we had about the sightseeing.
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Catherine
"Awesome hotel"
Great
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Alyssa
Great place. Funky in a good way. Very clean, nice bed and robe. If you like to walk, close enough (1.5 miles) to Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, etc. for good walk.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Nice hotel to stay and very close to shopping mall"
Hotel is like lack of stuff to help customer for the luggage, I travel with children and I got 3 luggages, nobody help me carry these to room.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
We loved the friendly staff and our room was quiet clean and cute!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
P
"I loved Vertigo!"
Loved the hotel, it's people! Great location. Our room on the 7th floor faced South. It got a little warm due to the sun. I wish all front facing windows opened to let the breeze in. I had a very nice experience at Vertigo! Thank you!
2 night trip Feb 22, 2015
The room was clean with a lot of character. The bed was very comfy and flat tv
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
The hotel is in a good central area. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Just tiny rooms and spotty Internet/television.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Ashlee"
Room was great, service was ok. Watch out for the $75 dollar security deposit! That was an unexpected surprise.
2 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
Ashlee
"One night very cozy!"
Stayed one night but it was very nice. The room was located in the a nice area, clean updated.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
mid 40s couple
"Great hotel!"
Great stay! My only complaints are that there was still trash in my room when I checked in, but no big deal. The room was a bit dark a few more lights would help. My biggest suggestion would be to have a full length mirror on the back of the closet door. I'd prefer to check the full mirror in room and not downstairs in the lobby. An easy fix. Would differently recommend. Extremely quiet and bed was amazing. Not to mention the awesome bars and restaurants all nearby. Being a solo female traveler I felt extremely safe.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2015
"Vertigo - Recommended"
A great boutique hotel in SF at a great price. Very comfortable large room. I would stay there again. If you want to save a few bucks on parking, Stockton Sutter garage is 5 blocks away and one of the cheapest parking rates in the city.
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"WiFi connection"
Had trouble keeping a wifi connection.
2 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Ellen
"Convenient, clean, friendly"
The rooms are quirky but nice as is the entirety of the decor. I think it sees itself and a "boutique" hotel. Not quite, but the quirks are charming enough. The room are very clean and comfortable (except there's no AC). The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Valet parking is a plus.
Talmadge
"Good for short stays"
One night stay while attending a business conference. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. Kept my luggage in the morning and booked airport shuttle. Elevator was in need of an uplift - did not inspire confidence. However, room was adequate. Good shower. Everything functioning well and clean. Old hotel but well renovated.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015