All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
220 W 43rd St, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9484

"Not worth your money."
The Lobby of the hotel looks great. We paid 200+ for our room and the sheets on the pull out couch smelled like urine, the extra blankets we requested were made out of this itchy material. The bathroom was about as big as an x-small closet. When we went to the indoor pool it was freezing cold, you would think it might be heated or at least a little warmer. Breakfast was terrible the pancakes were frozen hard and crunchy, it was just a poor experience for the price that we paid. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Kristen
"Very very disappointed."
This was my second visit to this hotel and probably my last. This was a special get a way for my girlfriend and I and having stayed here before I was expecting a superior stay. What we got was far from it. Our first night we had people about us stomping around till 1 o'clock in the morning and we found out later they have been escorted out of the building because of the noise. When we inquired the next day about the status of the people above us and possibly being moved we were assured that it would not be noisy the next the next night. However they forget to mention on that night they were having a gathering below us with loud DJ style music playing tell midnight that night. When I inquired about making a move at this point to a different room that was not above all the noise I was told there wasn't anything available. Needless to say earlier that day I wish they would've mentioned that they were having this party below us we would've moved. Our room also wasn't up to what I felt was Embassy suites standards. It had out dated furniture, many of the power outlets didn't work and it looked as though the carpeting hadn't been vacuumed properly in quite some time. Overall I was very disappointed with the room and the response from the staff after that first night being kept up so late.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Excellent!!"
It was wonderful, except the bed was a little too hard. But other than that it was fabulous.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Tricia
the embassy put extra charges on my and nobody really can tell me what the extra charges are and I have to wait 3 or 4 days to get my money back this is the only time this ever happened to me .
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
hollywood
"Awesome!!!!"
Our favorite place to stay on the Plaza. This hotel was great for our holiday family get together.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Perfect for family get together"
This hotel was perfect for our family holiday get together. The shuttle was convenient and the amenities were awesome. This is our favorite place to stay on the plaza.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Burton E
"Convient neighborhood"
The room was large. The employees were very nice. At breakfast they seem to run out of silverware often. The elevators were slow and constantly busy. There was a lot of noise at night. Drainage in the tub and sink were very slow. I had to pay an extra 10 dollars per night for a non smoking room. You would think it would be the other way around. Not sure if I will stay there again unless they address these problems.
6 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Catherine
"Good hotel but with flaws."
This is your basic Embassy Suites hotel, but an older version, so it has some of the design flaws fixed in later versions. The bath is accessed only through the bedroom and insides only the toilet and tub; the sink is in the bath. That fact was awkward for our teenage son staying on the pullout in the living room. Plus tyre low-flow shower nozzle out out only a spritz of water which made rinsing time consuming. Sleep was also difficult since the five pillows on the king bed were all flat and useless. A mix of pillow styles would be better. All minor annoyances but important.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
C Kevin
Our stay was just one night but very enjoyable. Desk personnel were delightful. Enjoyed happy hour at the bar. The Westport ES has always been one of our favorites.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Enjoyed"
Enjoyed the overall stay. Wish we could have stayed longer.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Worst Embassy Suites that I have ever stayed at..."
Let me start by saying we LOVE Embassy Suites. We always try to stay at one when we travel. However, Embassy Suites in Kansas City is a JOKE (except the valets - they were great)! Expedia incorrectly listed the check in time on our reservation as 3pm. We were informed it was actually 4pm at the front desk upon check in. Either way, we checked in around 5:45pm (way after either check in time). We were told our room was not ready and it would be a few more minutes. So I stepped aside to wait. After waiting about 30 mins, I asked if there was another room that was ready that we could be put in. We were offered a room with ONE king bed and a pullout couch. I reiterated the number of people with me (6 total) and explained that there was no way we could share that. She looked at me like I was stupid. This whole time, the manager was in and out frequently and each time avoided eye contact and ignored the customers. We did not get our room until 7:15pm! There was another family standing next to me that was having the same problem as us. The next evening around 5pm I was at the front desk and overheard TWO MORE families having the same issue. I asked one of the staff behind the counter if this was unusual, and was informed, "No. It's always like this on the weekends." The hotel staff are rude and do not seem to care about the customers. Every interaction I had with hotel staff was unpleasant. I was treated like a nuisance or talked to like I was stupid. WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Smaller and older than I expected, but not bad!"
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. This is the oldest and smallest Embassy Suites I've stayed in. I was expecting more, but it still served it's purpose. Not a bad place to stay, but don't go expecting the breakfast of the larger Embassy Suites! Hotel was clean and beds are comfortable.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Alexandra C
"Not a happy Christmas stay!"
The room was very hot , you couldn't control temperature, the bar and restaurant wasn't open. The place smell of chlorine.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Vickie
"Plaza visit"
Nice hotel. Clean, friendly, close to plaza, complimentary breakfast and shuttle are great. Only needs to be updated.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
weekend trip
"Holiday Getaway"
Family pre-holiday getaway to see that Plaza Lights and shop. Disappointed that king suite or 2 double bed suite were only choices. (2 queens is industry standard now). Wonderful, friendly helpful staff!! Beautiful looking and decor but showimg its age, especially in the rooms. The free shuttle service to the Plaza was wonderful, prompt and driver was always so pleasant and friendly. Breakfast was great, needed to stay on top if replenishment, especially the silverware and drink glasses. Overall we had a great getaway and enjoyed the hotel stay,
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Kimberly
I booked 2 nights to have a resort like experience in order to unwind.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Evening reception & breakfast was VERY crowded. However it was a great hotel!!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Great place to stay in a great part of town. Close to Country Club Plaza with good shops and restaurants. Staff was incredible.....it snowed 4 inches one night I was there and the first thing in the morning I saw the staff clearing the snow off of all the cars in the parking lot. Now that is service!
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
"Perfect location; love manager's special/breakfast"
We've returned several times because of the amenities. Haven't used the pool yet, but it looks great. Nice sitting areas around the fountain which is a nice touch. Towels are plush and extra towels were provided quickly. For the next remodel, the doors to the bathrooms should be moved to allow access from the common area. Thanks!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Convenient to Plaza, hospital; family friendly"
2-room suites make for a comfortable stay. Many people take advantage of the extra room to sleep extra people; there were lots of families with kids in the lobby, swimming pool, breakfast area. Location is several blocks from the Plaza area. It would be walkable in good weather. A free hotel shuttle to the Plaza meant we could go out to dinner and not bother with finding parking. Breakfast (included with room) was ample. Afternoon "happy hour" offers a free drink, chips with salsa and hummous. (Don't count on making this your supper.) Parking and internet access are not included in the price of the room.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Major disappointment"
Stayed 2 nights at the embassy suites kc plaza. Location is ok, but near st luke's hospital so there were ambulance sirens all night. Parking is horrible, $11/night to park in an underground garage thats in terrible shape. But the worst part is the rooms are comically tiny. The bathroom is the size of a closet, probably 3 by 5 feet, including the bathtub. Breakfast was great & all the staff were friendly (even to a Raiders fan on game day), but the room was disappointing in every aspect.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
jason
"Little overpriced"
Little overpriced for conditions of hotel, but overall good experience.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
"Hotel close to Plaza lights"
We stay here every year and enjoy it. I don't remember the pillows being so tiny though! And while bedding was supplied for the pull out, there were no pillows in the room for the pull out.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great hotel close to the plaza."
Took kids on trip to watch Chiefs, go shopping, and see Plaza Christmas lights.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Suite Overnight Stay"
Great overnight stay near the Plaza that made me wish I'd stayed another night. A nearby Fitness Park offers a nice setting for a walk or jog and station-to-station exercise areas along the way. The hotel has spacious suites, a nice pool and terrific hot tub, plus free happy hour and breakfast. I'll be back!
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
no commit dirty room... found kleenex on a chair when checking into my room
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great Hotel for Business Trips"
I picked this hotel for a 6 night business stay as I am somewhat partial to Embassy Suites. The hotel was overall clean including the room and the downstairs dining area. The rooms have plenty of room in them with a sizable desk to work from. You can't beat the evening reception with free drinks after a long day working and the hot breakfast each morning was more than adequate. The hotel provides a free shuttle to destinations within 2 miles of the hotel which will get you anywhere in the Country Club Plaza area or other areas with a multitude of shopping and restaurants to choose from. Other than an incorrect placed charged on my bill which was promptly removed, I had no issues with this hotel and would stay there again.
6 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Very Disappointing"
We stayed for two nights during our honeymoon. Check-in time is at 4 pm and did not work well for trying to attend a night football game. Also, many fixtures in our room were protruding from the wall, including the light switch and tub faucet. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. Definitely way over-priced and a disappointment.
2 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
"Great Stay!!!"
Went to Kansas City for a concert and romantic getaway. This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Made our trip a wonderful experience.
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Marcus
"Great location and nicely redone"
The hotel is very close to The Plaza but handled the crowd on Thanksgiving night beautifully.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"AWFUL"
Sum up in one word-AWFUL! On original reservation weeks before, put in for early check-in, 2 rooms on the same floor next to each other. Showed at noon and attempted to check-in. Nope...sat in lobby for 2 hours before just giving up. They called at 5:45pm and said my room was finally ready. The other room was on different floor. They did give me free parking. After complaining to 3 different people they knocked off a very small portion of bill. We were not the only one in this situation. There were a lot of people upset at the same time. Poor organization!
1 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2014
Cory
"Checkin was SLOW! Long line, poor service"
Checkin was horrible - long line, many rooms weren't ready yet even though it was 4:45 and checkin time was 4:00, front desk staff were not very helpful. Although I had paid for the room through Expedia, my debit card had a hold that equaled more than what I paid for the room that still has not been removed more than 24 hours after I checked out. The gift shop made an error and double-charged me for purchased. The restaurant was not open - food service was available through the bar and was quite slow. The bathroom was tiny, and the hotel could use updating. The room, however, did appear clean. Also, my keys didn't work when I first went upstairs, but a maid who was cleaning nearby was very nice and let me in to put my bags down before I returned to the front desk to have my key replaced. Also, breakfast ended on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m., and my kids missed out.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"nice hotel, great location"
Good location near the Plaza. Staff was very good especially for a busy Thanksgiving weekend.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Victoria
"k c trip"
we enjoyed our stay close to plaza and free parking
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
richard
"Girls' Weekend"
Reception was well organized. Staff recalled phone call with special request. Tried to accommodate with early check in. Breakfast was very good. The attendant during breakfast was kind and helpful. Happy Hour a little "weak" on drinks and snacks.
2 night trip Nov 21, 2014
tamera
"great stay"
Great location for what we wanted. Hotel staff was great.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Probably will not go back to this hotel if I am back in Kansas City.
pg
"Avoid the Courtesy Van and the Coffee"
Except for our experience of the courtesy van and the coffee, it was a great stay. On two occasions, after being told the van would be there in 10 to 15 minutes, we waited for over an hour and over 50 minutes for it to arrive. When requesting the van we were asked for a phone number; it would have been a courtesy if some one would have called to let us know how long it would actually take so we could have gotten a cab. Fortunately, we did not have to wait long to discover how bad the coffee was; that was apparent on the first sip, which was the last. Spending over 2 hours on a Friday night waiting for a shuttle and tasting sewer water when we thought we would be tasting coffee subtracted greatly from our otherwise pleasant stay.
"Hotel on the plaza"
The hotel, pool, free drinks and breakfast were all great but what was not great was the rude gal at the front desk who was not only rude to my party but to the other gal she was working with. There was also another lady who was serving drinks that night and was not so pleasant either.
"Won't stay here again"
Glasses in room were filthy and not replaced for two days. Weekend housekeeping staff not thorough, only made bed, dirty towels needing refreshing left in room, empty tissue not replenished. Curtains had holes in them. Sundry shop was never opened, when I needed some Theraflu the front desk said that they couldn't open the shop and they probably don't have any and when I asked that the shuttle driver go to a drug store to buy some for me, I was told they couldn't.
"Excellent Option; Would Definitely Stay Here Again"
As others have pointed out, this is not a brand new luxury hotel. HOWEVER, it is very nicely kept up, the open center courtyard roomy and nice, and the staff is fantastic. When you are here, you have a renewed sense that customer service is not dead. Everyone appears happy to help and make your stay a great one as opposed to just doing their job to the bare minimum. The suites are very roomy and the living area has glass windows on both sides of the door that overlook the center courtyard and make the suite feel more like a condo or apartment than a hotel room. The desk is a good size with plenty of electrical plugs near by to make working easy. And the shuttle is very helpful for getting around the town for errands, shopping or meals. I usually do not stay downtown when I come to KC because my business is usually around the airport or north of the airport so I do not know if I will stay here regularly, but I wish that I could. It has everything you want for business travel and then some. I don't know if I would bring my husband here for special, romantic get away, but I would not hesitate to stay here for anything else. It is very comfortable and you feel at home (in a good way), that is you do not feel like you are trapped in a small hotel room tripping all over each other.
Response by Embassy Suites Kansas City - Plaza
Thanks for staying at the Embassy Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending feedback on your stay. It was nice to read you had a great experience at our hotel. The hotel staff strive to deliver an excellent guest experience to all of our guests and I was glad to read that the staff did a good job of delivering that experience to you. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to our hotel on a future visit to Kansas City. Ted Frerking, General Manager
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Great stay for a football game"
Clean rooms, great service, great breakfast! Easy check in/out.
"Very close to the plaza."
I have been staying at this Embassy Suites for over 30 years. Originally, it was the Granada Royal until ES bought it. Beautiful building with great ambiance. Staff is always great. It's my favorite of all the hotels on the plaza.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Brent
"Decent Hotel"
Hotel located in great location. A decent hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Worst hotel ever"
I cannot tell you how very disappointed I was from the moment I walked into the drab, dirty, out dated lobby filled with the stench of mold, mildew and heavy chlorine. The lobby furnishings were worn out and dirty. The check in counter area was dirty. The room wasn't any better. Everything was worn out, dirty and outdated. The furniture in the sitting area was worn out and dirty. The sink in the vanity in the middle of the bedroom was cracked. The towels were thin. The bathroom itself was so tiny you could't turn around. The tub was disgusting. There were no closets, only a cabinet the held a very small amount of hanging items, barely enough for one person. We didn't dare eat anything so the free breakfast was worthless. Other guests were loud and unruly, very drunk. I would not ever recommend this place to anyone. this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. Never again.
Response by Embassy Suites Kansas City - Plaza
Thanks for staying at the Embassy Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was disappointed to read your experience at the hotel was not excellent. I do apologize for the items you mentioned that you encountered last year during your stay. The housekeeping and maintenance staff usually do a very good job of getting the rooms ready for our guests and I do apologize we did not deliver this quality to you during your recent visit. I will definitely share your comments with the staff so these items can be addressed. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager
5 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"I would stay here again"
Hotel is very nice - great amenities. Breakfast was delicious and very fresh. Everything was clean. All the pillows were puffy (I like a flat pillow).
Response by Embassy Suites Kansas City - Plaza
Thanks for staying at the Embassy Suites in Kansas City. It was nice to read your overall experience at the hotel was very good. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast that we offer all hotel guests. The kitchen staff does a good job of providing a great breakfast experience and I will share these comments with them. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Couldn't get in at Hotel Sorella!"
We prefer to stay at Hotel Sorella. We would stay here again if need be. Shuttle ran us right down to the Plaza so we didn't have to drive. Hotel is right on Westport NOT on the Plaza. Night club rumbled Sat night but did stop by about 9 pm. The free breakfast is definitely worth the price. Steer clear of the Cattle mans restaurant!
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
greg
"Not good at all"
There was no dvd player/ game console as it was advertised. We got up there and couldnr watch any of our mpvies ww had brought. We had to pay for parking which we were not told before getting there. The breakfast was good however as we were packing up i found a brown recluse around the bed. Overall not a good stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
this Hotel is great!! easy access to free way, to go shopping is within walking distance,also not to far from downtown. is just great people very nice they make you feel at home
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Ubaldo
great location, good value. excellent complimentary breakfast. $9.95 charge for wifi seemed unreasonable. not interested in free liquor every evening.
4 night trip Oct 19, 2014