All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America

Great pool
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad internet service
offered free drinks & snacks cocktail hour which was above and beyond other hotels but charged for wifi which was below other hotels
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Joyce
"Best hotel I have ever stayed at!"
I recently went to the Embassy Suites at the Plaza in Kansas City with my wife and my two boys. Everything about this hotel was clean and professional. From the moment we pulled up from the friendly valet to the knowledgeable and helpful front desk staff were exemplary. The building was beautiful and well maintained, the room was spacious and VERY comfortable. The pool area (which is all the kids cared about) was unique with a two level pool and hot tub, again very fancy. This was one of the rare times when the pictures online didn't do the place justice (in a good way). The first night we stayed there, the hospitality staff having found out we had never been to Kansas City before, sent up a "welcome to Kansas City" gift basket which included some snacks for the kids and a voucher for a free in-room movie. If I had to pick the best feature it would have to be the breakfast. It wasn't just that the food was good, and it was very good, but the breakfast staff was friendly and entertaining. They were nice to my children and helped us above and beyond what their job entailed. All in all, this was one of the most pleasant vacations I have ever taken, do primarily to the superb care that we received from the entire staff. When I go back to K.C., I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
2 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Malcolm
"Room smelled like smoke. Valet lost keys."
Our room reeked of cigarette smoke. The hotel valet lost our keys. They were found a few hours later, but we had to take cabs until then. This hotel desperately needs a remodel. It is very old and outdated.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Like coils? No sleep? Useless sofa bed"
RM 521. 9/17/15. (3 adults 1 child in 2 separate rooms). Was in town for St Luke's heart transplant annual picnic, paid full price. Hotel has beautiful spanish style lobby w/fountain. included bkfst was very pleasant sitting around fountain. Main BRm was very comfortable, TVs good. Bkfst wait staff were very nice, poor woman was only one cooking omelettes, line backed up; no one came to help her. customer brought plates over to her from another counter. Main issue: carpet feels sticky, pullout sofa bed has coils no padding. unable to sleep. Very noisy, can hear conversations thru walls. trouble with parking gate to open, had to wait for someone to come out, manually fix.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Heidi
"Great for a Night Away!"
We were staying overnight so we didn't have to drive back home after a concert. Location was very convenient and Uber/taxi friendly. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating and gave us drink coupons for that evening. The rooms were spacious and comfortable-and the breakfast the next morning was incredible!
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Emma
"No thanks for that price"
Breakfast horrible system was down couldnt check in for 45 min when arrived
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
ronald
"Hometown Honeymoon"
Stayed here on our wedding night and was greated in our room my complementary chocolates and wine. Excellent service and incredible overall.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Aaron
"WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Was a wonderful experience,amazing breakfast and dinner and comfy beds!!!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Anastasiya
"holiday with family"
family gathering
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
The overall experience was pretty good. We arrived later on a Saturday and they put us in a room that smelled of smoke, we had them move us and it wasn't a problem. The breakfast buffet on the weekends is pretty terrible; cold eggs and pancakes and the coffee was not being refilled often enough for the traffic flow. We didn't stand in line for the omelet station, but I'm guessing it had to be better. Next time we'll probably choose a different hotel just because the price at this one doesn't match the overall feel and look of the hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"OMG....worst Embassy Suites ever!"
This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Here's the list of things that I gave to the lady at the front desk: AC was awful! The room never cooled down and it felt muggy the entire time. The room smelled like smoke. The bathroom door didn't lock. The shower head was broke. TVs and remotes are very outdated. Elevators are SUPER slow! Have to pay for WIFI. Hideaway bed was the worst! I'm probably forgetting other things that were wrong. For the price I paid for hotel room, I should of had NO complaints. I've also learned that if you book a room through Expedia, the hotel can not give you any refund. I will never use Expedia again and will probably never stay in an Embassy Suites again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Angie
I had a great stay! My only challenge was there were 2 of us in our room. The bathtub did not empty for over 15 minutes from my shower.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Mixed reviews"
The location was convenient to Westport dining and the Plaza. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was dated and not as clean as it should have been. It felt damp and humid and the a/c could not cool effectively.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
"Convenient to the Country Club Plaza"
We enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites. It's an easy walk to the Plaza and to the Nelson Atkins Museum. Included breakfast was great. One of the 3 rooms we rented had a bit of a humidity problem in the living room. We pointed it out when we checked out and the staff promptly made an adjustment on our bill.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Great stay great location. Will be back.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Jack
"Good hotel - needs attention to details"
My room smelled like a mildew or something else which was foul and permeated into my clothes. ugh! The door also did not close properly without effort and when I checked in it was actually slightly open. As a woman traveling alone, it is concerning. The staff was very nice and helpful. I did not ask for another room because I checked in late - tired and hungry. And, honestly, as a Hilton Honors member, I assumed this was indicative of all the other rooms anyway since they put me in it as a frequent Hilton user. The breakfast was the best part of the trip - the chef was very friendly and efficient and the young man clearing tables was upbeat, on top of things, and happy. I would use the hotel again, but attention to maintenance and cleaning should move up on the priority list.
4 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
Whitney
"Great hotel but starting to need updates."
Always stay here when traveling to kc. Location is great as its just a walk away from the Plaza and Westport. Age is starting to show in this hotel though. Our room was great but by the door to the patio there was clearly a leak and what looked to be mold on the carpet. It rained for about an hour and the next morning the carpet was wet in about a 2 foot spot. The other complaint is that there are clearly not enough elevators. Be prepared to for long waits on the elevator as it is usually packed full of guests by the time the doors open.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Very friendly staff and the breakfast is wonderful
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
michael
"Excellent Staff, Poor Facilities"
I love Embassy Suites due to the decent breakfast, daily reception, and typically lovely rooms. Unfortunately, this hotel was only able to fulfill the first two items on my "love" list. This hotel had it's great points (mainly staff and location), but our room was a disappointment. The carpeting was damp, the walls were damp, the couch was damp, our clothes became damp, the..well you get the picture.The room was dank and more like something found in a basement, rather than a room on the 9th floor. With the damp came a moldy, musty, almost urine smell that penetrated everything. Thankfully, we didn't spend much time in the room, but I can't say that I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"A 4-star lodging"
Hotel, service, amenities, location: all 4 star
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Stay Here."
Great place, super nice facilities and staff, I would totally stay again!
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Joshua
Clean room, nice hotel and area !
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Brittani
"The best customer service I have ever received at"
Our room was listed as non-smoking, but smelled like smoke. The manager, Addie, moved us to a room that smelled fresh and sent us a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, and candy! I couldn't believe it was for us when they came to the door. I never expected that kind of service. What a wonderful surprise. We will definitely be back!
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Mari
"Fabulous Suite"
I was on a business trip and was very impressed with how the room/suite was setup for me to continue to work with ease. I will definitely use Embassy Suites again.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Kyle
"Re-Union with baseball buddies."
I give it an "A." The room was clean and comfortable. However, the bathroom was very small. The breakfasts were great. Hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and responsive. Overall a very nice stay. I would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Roman
"Old, outdated & dirty"
We requested and paid more for a "private balcony" which we quickly realized you cannot even utilize. Yes, there's a balcony but the doors are sealed shut and are basically windows that you cannot open. The room had paint splatters on the tile floor, stains on th carpet, lots of chips on the furniture and scribbles on the paperwork left out on th desk. The bed was sloppily made and it could have used a good dusting. The layout was ridiculous- the bathroom vanity was right in the middle of the room! So there was no way for my wife to get ready in the morning without waking me and the baby up with light and noise. When we first walked into our room, we smelled an overwhelming "musky" smell but that didn't surprise us once we noticed water damage Intel ceiling and MOLD on our bed skirt. When we called the manager about it- she didn't offer a new room but for housekeeping to come up. Housekeeping didn't have any extra bed skirts so they just took that one with them to clean. Staff was friendly, location was nice and breakfast was plentiful-- but the smell of the whole hotel, the horrible elevators that have minds of their own, bad layout for drop off and parking and room cleanliness cons stood out far more than the pros.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Noel
"Hot summer in the city"
We stayed here several years ago and like the room size for our family of 5. However, this visit was less than stellar. The quality has gone down on many levels. The hotel was hot and humid despite turning the thermostat down. Our room was not cleaned and we had to ask 2 times to just get fresh towels. Our key cards needed to be re-keyed every time we left the room. The bathroom was small and fixtures dated. Hotel windows had a thick layer of grime. Food was average for breakfast - had better at other Embassy Suites. Not enough parking - which we were aware of from prior visit. Pool was cool for the kids. Probably will not stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Bridget
"May have been nice in the 90's."
My children didn't wear shoes and they ended up with the soles of their feet blackened with dirt. The food from the dining establishment was old. The chicken fingers were freezer burned and the lettuce wilty. There were no snack machines and you had to leave the hotel to get food. With children in a suite hotel this is very inconvenient. The decor is very old. The blanket for the sofa sleeper was very scratchy. We had no housekeeping to take out breakfast dishes or trash. I would not recommend this facility.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Alysha
"Wednesday Phish Trip"
We had an an incident suring check in because I reserved 1 room in my name and the other room under a friends name. Well he didnt end up getting to come with our group. The lady at the front desk seemed like she didn't really know what she was talking about.Because even though I had my conformation numbers and showed her all documentation I had she wasn't going to let us have/check in to both rooms. After rambling for a few minutes she was like "oh wait nevermind, just ignore me I don't know what I'm talking about" and let us check into both rooms. It was a really nerve wrecking way to start our stay. My only other complaint is that the bathrooms were really small.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2015
Rebecca
"ok, needs updating. rooms small. bathroom very sma"
Stayed 2 nights are room was not visted by the cleaning staff after first night stay. Even thou I asked it to be done. I loved the valet service. Needs more elevators. Prb won't use this hotel until they update it.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Derrick
"Amazing staff"
Staff was wonderful. The hotel was across from a hospital. We could hear the sirens in the middle of the night. The room was good and spacious.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Sandra
Loved the area.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"The location is perfect"
We came for a concert at arrowhead and wanted to experience the city. The hotel staff was great at letting us know what to do and where to go!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Skip it."
I won't be staying here again. We booked two rooms for my family. When we arrived to check-in at 5:00pm, the rooms weren't ready even though their check-in time is 4:00pm. It took them almost 2 hours to get our rooms ready. Even then, they didn't offer to comp anything for us. When we finally got our room keys, they didn't work, so we had to go back to the front desk and have more keys made. Overall, the hotel was very slow and unorganized. It's close to the plaza, but that's the only good thing about it. The breakfast was not good and so crowded that they ran out of food and didn't keep it refilled quickly so you had to wait on almost everything.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Decent hotel, decent price."
My family came to town for the same reason everyone else did...a One Direction concert. Great location in terms of Arrowhead Stadium, the plaza, and many other things. Hotel and staff was nice, hot breakfast buffet was good and rooms were decent. Only complaint was the bedroom didn't seem to cool off as well as the living room area and the chlorine in the pool area was awfully strong. Our eyes and throat burned all night. Other than that I'd stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Just ok"
As it shows just ok! Rooms were alright but had a weird smell! Parking was a pain! Kids liked pool ! Long lines for breakfast !
2 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
"Wonderful trip"
Came for a concert. Everyone was extremely helpful. Easy access to stadium and close for a walk to the Plaza.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Cathey
"Hot and Musty"
The carpet was wet and had a musty smell. We turned the A/C on before dinner and it never cooled down the entire night. Had to sleep on top of the covers.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Liz
"Close to shopping and restaurants at the plaza."
Should be receiving free nights stay in future after room smelled like smoke when arriving for first night. Decent breakfast and happy hour.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
eric
Like this hotel, stayed there before a couple of times. Our room was hot, I told the front desk each of the 3 days we were there. Nothing was done to fix the ac.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
The deodorizer in the room was so strong we could not stay in room. Tried several with same result. Finally found one that was tolerable. Also went thru more than 7 keys that did not work. Front desk clerk was very nice and she compted us for another stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Family getaway"
Great Hotel in a great part of the city. Shuttle service will drop off/pick up in a two mile radius, which is all of the plaza area. Staff is very friendly!!
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"It's close to The Plaza!"
Disappointing! Upon arrival the room I requested through Expedia and called the Hotel directly was not available. The night staff was very accommodating in trying to make this right. We moved into the requested accessible the next day. New problem: the AC doesn't work correctly. It was hot in there! Called the desk, supposedly they sent someone to correct the problem. Problem solved? NOPE! Ended up canceling my stay here and going to another hotel. Great location but, not a great hotel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
rick
"Underwhelming"
Always liked Embassy Suites until this last stay. Thought this was going to be a fun stop on vacation trip, but disapointed. Bed sheets were not clean, rooms dated, 30 minute standing wait for breakfast omlet on a Friday morning (one cook, one omlet at a time!), counters sticky, just not the fresh and pop expected from past expericences. Will think twice before booking Embassy in the future.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
We came down for my friends birthday and everything was perfect the breakfast was great and the location of the hotel was excellent. I will definitely stay there again if I come back to Kansas
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Laurisa
Not close to The Country Club Plaza as described. Hotel was not too clean. Had to switch room because first smelled like smoke. Garage was horrible in disrepair and water leaks. Not secured because the gate was always opened.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great Hotel for the Price"
Loved the atrium, great breakfast and happy hour. Room had some trouble with temperature control and it had to be the smallest bathroom I've ever seen. Great vanity area in the bedroom though.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Patty
"Never again"
Check in was horrible. The circle for parking was congested w/no hotel staff in sight. Front desk staff confused & unfriendly. we The reception happy hour was a joke. Front desk staff gavebout false info for food delivery. We headed to the pool it was closed due to "an incident" - again the front desk staff failrd. no compensation. The room smelled of MOLD and MUSTY odors. Stains in the chairs & sofa had tears in it and the pull out sofa A JOKE!!!!! The a/c blew directly on the sofa bed area with funky smells all night. And that joke of a bathroom! the night manager running around confused and frantic - asked about the pool. He said the same thing but did offer to have us use the Hampton inn pool. That was a nice jester. But then the hotel shuttle drove off and left us. Joke. Again why wasn't the front desk staff knowelegable enough to say this when I went to them???? breakfast was the best part of the stay the kitchen staff were friendly & curteous. Ckout went ok except when I told her how my stay was got the same non sincere sorry no compensation because I don't live in KC and booked through hotels.com so won't be doing that anymore. Self parking a joke the card you swipe never worked you just pull a ticket to enter/exit anyway so no need to really pay
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Crystal
"Overall, a great value, would return."
The location is good in that it is close to the Plaza, but it's not a "walk out from the lobby into the streets" kind of location. You can walk about a mile to the good shops and restaurants, or take a complimentary shuttle though, so it's still pretty good. Overall, it's a attractive hotel, though a bit dated. The first room we had was in a particular block of rooms stacked vertically which do not have true A/C (has an evaporative cooler, or "swamp cooler" as known is some parts of the US) as told to us by maintenance. The room was a bit damp, including the carpet, and on the particularly hot and humid weekend we visited, not adequately cooled by the cooling system. It wasn't non-functional, just not very cool, but better than nothing. So we called with our concern, and were promptly sent an engineer (Eric) at past 9 PM, which was surprising. He confirmed the limitation to our particular room's cooling system, and they were able to put us up in a different room which had a real working A/C unit the next day. (He also provided for us a choice of regular or industrial fan to cool us better through the night, which helped). Overall, it was a great value, and though we had a bit of a hiccup with the first night, it was well responded to, so I'm happy with our stay.
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Omar
"Staff is top notch"
The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I had just broken my ankle a few days before staying here and they were extremely accommodating. There are very many restaurants within walking distance.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015