All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America

Bad amenities
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
Very friendly staff and the breakfast is wonderful
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
michael
"Excellent Staff, Poor Facilities"
I love Embassy Suites due to the decent breakfast, daily reception, and typically lovely rooms. Unfortunately, this hotel was only able to fulfill the first two items on my "love" list. This hotel had it's great points (mainly staff and location), but our room was a disappointment. The carpeting was damp, the walls were damp, the couch was damp, our clothes became damp, the..well you get the picture.The room was dank and more like something found in a basement, rather than a room on the 9th floor. With the damp came a moldy, musty, almost urine smell that penetrated everything. Thankfully, we didn't spend much time in the room, but I can't say that I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"A 4-star lodging"
Hotel, service, amenities, location: all 4 star
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Stay Here."
Great place, super nice facilities and staff, I would totally stay again!
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Joshua
Clean room, nice hotel and area !
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Brittani
"The best customer service I have ever received at"
Our room was listed as non-smoking, but smelled like smoke. The manager, Addie, moved us to a room that smelled fresh and sent us a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, and candy! I couldn't believe it was for us when they came to the door. I never expected that kind of service. What a wonderful surprise. We will definitely be back!
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Mari
"Fabulous Suite"
I was on a business trip and was very impressed with how the room/suite was setup for me to continue to work with ease. I will definitely use Embassy Suites again.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Kyle
"Re-Union with baseball buddies."
I give it an "A." The room was clean and comfortable. However, the bathroom was very small. The breakfasts were great. Hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and responsive. Overall a very nice stay. I would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Roman
"Old, outdated & dirty"
We requested and paid more for a "private balcony" which we quickly realized you cannot even utilize. Yes, there's a balcony but the doors are sealed shut and are basically windows that you cannot open. The room had paint splatters on the tile floor, stains on th carpet, lots of chips on the furniture and scribbles on the paperwork left out on th desk. The bed was sloppily made and it could have used a good dusting. The layout was ridiculous- the bathroom vanity was right in the middle of the room! So there was no way for my wife to get ready in the morning without waking me and the baby up with light and noise. When we first walked into our room, we smelled an overwhelming "musky" smell but that didn't surprise us once we noticed water damage Intel ceiling and MOLD on our bed skirt. When we called the manager about it- she didn't offer a new room but for housekeeping to come up. Housekeeping didn't have any extra bed skirts so they just took that one with them to clean. Staff was friendly, location was nice and breakfast was plentiful-- but the smell of the whole hotel, the horrible elevators that have minds of their own, bad layout for drop off and parking and room cleanliness cons stood out far more than the pros.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Noel
"Hot summer in the city"
We stayed here several years ago and like the room size for our family of 5. However, this visit was less than stellar. The quality has gone down on many levels. The hotel was hot and humid despite turning the thermostat down. Our room was not cleaned and we had to ask 2 times to just get fresh towels. Our key cards needed to be re-keyed every time we left the room. The bathroom was small and fixtures dated. Hotel windows had a thick layer of grime. Food was average for breakfast - had better at other Embassy Suites. Not enough parking - which we were aware of from prior visit. Pool was cool for the kids. Probably will not stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Bridget
"May have been nice in the 90's."
My children didn't wear shoes and they ended up with the soles of their feet blackened with dirt. The food from the dining establishment was old. The chicken fingers were freezer burned and the lettuce wilty. There were no snack machines and you had to leave the hotel to get food. With children in a suite hotel this is very inconvenient. The decor is very old. The blanket for the sofa sleeper was very scratchy. We had no housekeeping to take out breakfast dishes or trash. I would not recommend this facility.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Alysha
"Wednesday Phish Trip"
We had an an incident suring check in because I reserved 1 room in my name and the other room under a friends name. Well he didnt end up getting to come with our group. The lady at the front desk seemed like she didn't really know what she was talking about.Because even though I had my conformation numbers and showed her all documentation I had she wasn't going to let us have/check in to both rooms. After rambling for a few minutes she was like "oh wait nevermind, just ignore me I don't know what I'm talking about" and let us check into both rooms. It was a really nerve wrecking way to start our stay. My only other complaint is that the bathrooms were really small.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2015
Rebecca
"ok, needs updating. rooms small. bathroom very sma"
Stayed 2 nights are room was not visted by the cleaning staff after first night stay. Even thou I asked it to be done. I loved the valet service. Needs more elevators. Prb won't use this hotel until they update it.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Derrick
"Amazing staff"
Staff was wonderful. The hotel was across from a hospital. We could hear the sirens in the middle of the night. The room was good and spacious.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Sandra
Loved the area.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"The location is perfect"
We came for a concert at arrowhead and wanted to experience the city. The hotel staff was great at letting us know what to do and where to go!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Skip it."
I won't be staying here again. We booked two rooms for my family. When we arrived to check-in at 5:00pm, the rooms weren't ready even though their check-in time is 4:00pm. It took them almost 2 hours to get our rooms ready. Even then, they didn't offer to comp anything for us. When we finally got our room keys, they didn't work, so we had to go back to the front desk and have more keys made. Overall, the hotel was very slow and unorganized. It's close to the plaza, but that's the only good thing about it. The breakfast was not good and so crowded that they ran out of food and didn't keep it refilled quickly so you had to wait on almost everything.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Decent hotel, decent price."
My family came to town for the same reason everyone else did...a One Direction concert. Great location in terms of Arrowhead Stadium, the plaza, and many other things. Hotel and staff was nice, hot breakfast buffet was good and rooms were decent. Only complaint was the bedroom didn't seem to cool off as well as the living room area and the chlorine in the pool area was awfully strong. Our eyes and throat burned all night. Other than that I'd stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Just ok"
As it shows just ok! Rooms were alright but had a weird smell! Parking was a pain! Kids liked pool ! Long lines for breakfast !
2 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
"Wonderful trip"
Came for a concert. Everyone was extremely helpful. Easy access to stadium and close for a walk to the Plaza.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Cathey
"Hot and Musty"
The carpet was wet and had a musty smell. We turned the A/C on before dinner and it never cooled down the entire night. Had to sleep on top of the covers.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Liz
"Close to shopping and restaurants at the plaza."
Should be receiving free nights stay in future after room smelled like smoke when arriving for first night. Decent breakfast and happy hour.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
eric
Like this hotel, stayed there before a couple of times. Our room was hot, I told the front desk each of the 3 days we were there. Nothing was done to fix the ac.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
The deodorizer in the room was so strong we could not stay in room. Tried several with same result. Finally found one that was tolerable. Also went thru more than 7 keys that did not work. Front desk clerk was very nice and she compted us for another stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Family getaway"
Great Hotel in a great part of the city. Shuttle service will drop off/pick up in a two mile radius, which is all of the plaza area. Staff is very friendly!!
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"It's close to The Plaza!"
Disappointing! Upon arrival the room I requested through Expedia and called the Hotel directly was not available. The night staff was very accommodating in trying to make this right. We moved into the requested accessible the next day. New problem: the AC doesn't work correctly. It was hot in there! Called the desk, supposedly they sent someone to correct the problem. Problem solved? NOPE! Ended up canceling my stay here and going to another hotel. Great location but, not a great hotel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
rick
"Underwhelming"
Always liked Embassy Suites until this last stay. Thought this was going to be a fun stop on vacation trip, but disapointed. Bed sheets were not clean, rooms dated, 30 minute standing wait for breakfast omlet on a Friday morning (one cook, one omlet at a time!), counters sticky, just not the fresh and pop expected from past expericences. Will think twice before booking Embassy in the future.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
We came down for my friends birthday and everything was perfect the breakfast was great and the location of the hotel was excellent. I will definitely stay there again if I come back to Kansas
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Laurisa
Not close to The Country Club Plaza as described. Hotel was not too clean. Had to switch room because first smelled like smoke. Garage was horrible in disrepair and water leaks. Not secured because the gate was always opened.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great Hotel for the Price"
Loved the atrium, great breakfast and happy hour. Room had some trouble with temperature control and it had to be the smallest bathroom I've ever seen. Great vanity area in the bedroom though.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Patty
"Never again"
Check in was horrible. The circle for parking was congested w/no hotel staff in sight. Front desk staff confused & unfriendly. we The reception happy hour was a joke. Front desk staff gavebout false info for food delivery. We headed to the pool it was closed due to "an incident" - again the front desk staff failrd. no compensation. The room smelled of MOLD and MUSTY odors. Stains in the chairs & sofa had tears in it and the pull out sofa A JOKE!!!!! The a/c blew directly on the sofa bed area with funky smells all night. And that joke of a bathroom! the night manager running around confused and frantic - asked about the pool. He said the same thing but did offer to have us use the Hampton inn pool. That was a nice jester. But then the hotel shuttle drove off and left us. Joke. Again why wasn't the front desk staff knowelegable enough to say this when I went to them???? breakfast was the best part of the stay the kitchen staff were friendly & curteous. Ckout went ok except when I told her how my stay was got the same non sincere sorry no compensation because I don't live in KC and booked through hotels.com so won't be doing that anymore. Self parking a joke the card you swipe never worked you just pull a ticket to enter/exit anyway so no need to really pay
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Crystal
"Overall, a great value, would return."
The location is good in that it is close to the Plaza, but it's not a "walk out from the lobby into the streets" kind of location. You can walk about a mile to the good shops and restaurants, or take a complimentary shuttle though, so it's still pretty good. Overall, it's a attractive hotel, though a bit dated. The first room we had was in a particular block of rooms stacked vertically which do not have true A/C (has an evaporative cooler, or "swamp cooler" as known is some parts of the US) as told to us by maintenance. The room was a bit damp, including the carpet, and on the particularly hot and humid weekend we visited, not adequately cooled by the cooling system. It wasn't non-functional, just not very cool, but better than nothing. So we called with our concern, and were promptly sent an engineer (Eric) at past 9 PM, which was surprising. He confirmed the limitation to our particular room's cooling system, and they were able to put us up in a different room which had a real working A/C unit the next day. (He also provided for us a choice of regular or industrial fan to cool us better through the night, which helped). Overall, it was a great value, and though we had a bit of a hiccup with the first night, it was well responded to, so I'm happy with our stay.
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Omar
"Staff is top notch"
The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I had just broken my ankle a few days before staying here and they were extremely accommodating. There are very many restaurants within walking distance.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Anniversary trip to see royals. Hotel is In a great location and walkable to both Westport and Century Plaza areas. Lots of shopping and dining options. Hotel offered a free shuttle to both areas. Would stay again!
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Anniversary trip to see royals. Hotel is Ina great location and walkable to both Westport and Century Plaza areas. Lots of shopping and dining options. Hotel offered a free shuttle to both areas. Would stay again!
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Night away"
Spent a night away from the house to get away for a staycation. The room was large, the bed comfortable and the food good. The execise facilities, although a little small, the equipment was good and working. I slept well and enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Mick
"K.C. trip"
kansas city is a great place to speed a vaction Jazz, BBQ, zoo,Royals etc. the room service lacks, we left hotel at 9 am and return at 4:30 and room was not cleaned had to ask maid for fresh towels. overall the 3 day stay was average
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
We found the fountain and plants in the lobby area to be perfectly charming. Staff was friendly and helpful without ever being invasive. The included breakfast and evening reception were nice.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Beginning retirement"
All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They made our stay special.
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"bad smell"
good location... I was not impressed with the hotel. the room smelled like someone had been smoking in it and then the hotel came back behind and tried to over up the smell by shampooing everything, which was still damp. overall, a pretty bad experience. If we would have stayed more than one night I would have been complaining, but just delt with it and and got out of there ASAP.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"Very nice plce to stay"
I usually stay at "more upscale" places but will be re-thinking that from now on when it comes to Embassysuites. These people really go out of their way to make your experience a good one!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
We had a great time. Close to lots of things. Friendly staff. The only trouble was that we did not get housekeeping services one of the days of our stay. Great breakfast
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
We stayed at this hotel on the way back to our home from our wedding. We were treated to a bottle of champagne and strawberries. The staff took very good care of us!
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Darcy
Hotel is near Country Club Plaza and a shuttle is offered. Very helpful staff, both at the desk and for the breakfast/snack time.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Not "on the Plaza""
Don't be fooled. This hotel is not a plaza hotel. With kids and summer heat, it is not within walking distance to get to the plaza. Also, the constant ambulance noise was disastrous for our sleeping children.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Angela
We loved staying at the embassy. The room was great. The breakfast and evening reception was great.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good for families and Business."
Comfy bed and room. Breakfast was okay. We were looking forward to using the pool, but it was crowded with families. Great if we had the grand kids and were on that kind of vacation. Rooms were a good place to come back to and rest. Beds and pillows comfy. A good nights sleep is important to us and we were not disappointed. The strong odor of Chlorine when you enter the lobby leaves a bad impression. Room smelled wet, musty and closed in. Sheets and towels all clean. Everything else could use a wipe down. Carpets sticky from too much soap. We wore socks and slippers at all times. Parking posted on website as $10.00 a day, Charged $14.00. Lots of extra taxes not listed, should be considered when booking.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Lori
"Stayed two nights"
Within walking distance to the Plaza shops and restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Dianna
"Good location and perfect for a family."
Very spacious rooms with breakfast and snack supper included. We will be returning.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"kansas city trip"
motel and rooms are older. Sink in bathroom had a major crack and not appealing at all. Breakfast service and room service was great. Motel check ins staff at times were inattentive. parking was short and not all open public spaces were available. Area of town was ok. Hot spots 3-4 blocks from motel.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015