All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
620 Stewart St, Seattle, WA, 98101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent and friendly staff."
i love how this hotel features great music and art! I was pleasantly surprised that my room had a turntable with great vinyl. Super great!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Mel
"Stylish hotel"
Cool, stylish hotel. Love the staff always friendly and helpful specially the guys with the Rolling Stones and Nirvana tshirts at the front desk. I would definitely stay there again this coming summer.
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Hotel Max Rock Stars"
Hotel Max is full of Rock Stars. It starts with Linz & Mohammed (Valet/Front Door). This smart, friendly duo makes you feel right at home, every time you return to the hotel. Joseph (Mgr./Craft Beer Specialist). He puts the "happy" the FREE craft beer happy hour. Jared (Front Desk). He truly understands that "accommodating" is part of the accommodations business. I will always stay at Hotel Max when I travel to downtown Seattle.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Rick E.
"Small rooms but good location"
Althought there wasn't anythng terrible about the hotel it was disappointing. The rooms were very small and hard to move around in for the two of us. The bathroom and shower reminded me of the shower on a cruise ship. The staff was excellent and the location good but I don't think I would stay here again. Also...it had a funky smell.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
KIm
"great hotel"
It was a wonderful hotel. Service was great and an awesome happy hour with free craft beer every day
4 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Ryan
"Great structure, interiors, and service but noise"
I selected this hotel because I support businesses that recycle and renovate the historic urban fabric. I like Hotel Max's contemporary update (a la Standard Hotel). The room and bathroom were clean and well appointed. The concierge service was on top of wake-up calls, helping find the post office, getting a cab, etc. My major complaint was the on-going and volume of noise coming from some kind of processing unit located in the alley next to the Hotel. Even after street traffic died down, the noise made sleeping difficult. At the least, the hotel should provide ear plugs for rooms on that side of the building.
3 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"Indigenous Beauty @ SAM"
Came to Seattle for the special exhibit at Seattle Art Museum. My hotel criteria was walkable location to the museum, Pike Place Market and waterfront at a reasonable cost for 2 nights. Hotel Max was convenient to the LINK Westlake Station and the attractions mentioned for a reasonable rate/night with all fees and taxes. That got me a boutique hotel experience for much less than many of the chains or other downtown hotels were charging. Downsides were micro-room & toilet, 2 slow (one out of commission part time) elevators and noisy window A/C-Heater unit or considerable street noise (9th floor). Upsides were staff, location, breakfast vouchers for nice restaurant next door, comfortable bedding and artsy ambience.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Close to everything"
The hotel is just blocks from all the major Seattle attractions like Pikes Place and the Space Needle. Also just down the street from all the shopping you'd ever want and great restaurants too. There were only two elevators however and the hotel staff use it too and not being able to take the stairs the entire way, stops at 2nd floor, was inconvenient. But the front desk is awesome when it comes to directions and answering questions. I'd def stay here again.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Location and chic"
Location was in walking distance of everything! The hotel was a mix of retro and contemporary all in one. I enjoyed the beer hour and the $5 honor bar credit for being green friendly.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Sandra
"Great location - great hotel"
This is a historic hotel that has been totally renovated. Rooms are small but elegant and functional. Great location - only a few blocks from the monorail. Less than 10 minutes to Pike Market. Special treat of a craft beer in the afternoon and outstanding coffee in the morning.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Keith and Leann
"Great place to stay."
Had a good time. Staff was very good. Stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. The local beer happy hour was nice too. The Mariners could have been better. But, we are all used to that.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Doug
"Unique hotel concept"
Older building with a new hotel look. Artistic design and paint. Full picture door for room entry makes this hotel unique. Single room is small but comfortable. Clean. Parking is expensive but walking distance to many downtown shops ect.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
The Hotel Max provided a great experience. The hotel is very central, we were able to walk to the Space Needle, Capitol Hill, Pioneer Square, and Pike Place Market. We only needed transportation for the airport and going to Fremont. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a good size even with three girls and our luggage. The bathroom was small but not uncomfortably small. The staff was very friendly gave great recommendations by first asking what interested us for nightlife and food. The coffee in the morning and beer in the evening is a great touch. If traveling alone one could easily meet others in the lobby either in the morning or else evening.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Tati
"Great stay in a central location!"
Hotel Max is a great example of a quaint, yet modern hotel. Its perfect for any couple who's looking to get away to a central location in downtown Seattle. Everything is a manageable walking distance. They have free wifi, free beer from 5:30-6:30 every evening, and free coffee in the mornings. Additionally, if you choose their "green service" (found in your room), you earn $5 credit towards the "honor bar" in your room per night. Now, the rooms, elevator, and hallways are a bit small, but keep in mind that its an old hotel with modern renovations. The restroom and the shower are in separate rooms within your hotel room, and there isn't much space between the bed and other furniture. Nevertheless, its a great place. Overall, the staff is great, the hotel is very clean, and the location is wonderful. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
Veronica
It was fabulous. The staff couldn't have been better. We really enjoyed the "real" art that was throughout the hotel., and the location was near whatever we had set out to see. That included the light rail stop. It was a great trip, we would return to Hotel Max.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Lots of opportunity to improve"
I did a pre visit and thought the lobby was fine and the restaurant had great ambiance. Nothing wrong with the room. I found the bed too soft, but I sleep on the floor. Plugs, amenities in room and HOTEL staff were pleasant enough. I was on the 2nd floor and didn't want to show the world my goodies so I closed the blinds. Too dark for my taste. I wake with gradual sunlight. Not with the blinds. My major criticism is with the restaurant. Let me start and say the food was good, ambiance great. Unique flavors. BUT! I walked out the first night because at 9:20 it was too much of a hassle for the hostess to seat me. Apparently in a restaurant full of people with plenty of seats she felt in her best interest to not have me dine. I ate elsewhere. Breakfast the 1st day maintained the same poor service. But $25 food credit came with the room so I ate. 2nd day breakfast was perfect. Great food, great service. I spoke with the restaurant manager about my experience and he appeared to listen.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Boss
The staff learns your name from check in to check out.. Super friendly and helpful! Highly recommend this hotel... Will definitely return in the near future.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Great Staff, Tiny Rooms"
This hotel is beautiful and has a friendly and attentive staff with a nice restaurant located in the hotel. The bed was comfortable, but facing a noisy street. The art and decor were a delightful transformation from the usual.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Jenifer
"Spin some vinyl"
Great remodel of an old hotel. Rock n roll theme. Walking distance to pikes. Very accommodating and friendly.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Decent location & good pillows...that's it."
Staff was very lackadaisical. Hotel has valet parking only for $45 a day and they only have one valet attendant so you end up waiting a very long time for them to retrieve your car. The hotel has two 4ft x 4ft elevators for the whole place so at one point we had a crowd of people on our floor waiting 10min for an elevator and some of us just ended up taking 9 flights of stairs to avoid waiting any longer. The rooms are tiny but the beds/pillows were decent. Proximity to the market is pretty good and they're a pet friendly hotel. If you stay here and have a car, park in the lot across the street and leave early to account for the elevator wait time.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Cool old building with a modern eclectic feel. Small rooms, but comfortable and clean. Staff was overly kind and helpful.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Best customer service! & special perks!"
LOVED the free beer happy hour! & the next morning bloody mary & coffee cart! while waiting for my airport shuttle ! Rocked!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Irene
"Take Care to LOCK your Door!"
The room was very nice. Everyone was friendly and the food is fantastic. Just be sure to lock and latch your door. Someone had their key set up for our already occupied room. We were in bed when they came to our door and frightened the crap out of us. I know accidents happen but this was not a good one and totally inexcusable. We could not get back to sleep!
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Barbie Doll
"city hotel"
location good, staff friendly, room clean, nice bar and restaurant
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Kip
"Convenient room for one"
As usual, the room, though very small, was cleverly appointed and just right for me, a single traveler.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Roy
"Awesome place to stay!"
This hotel is amazing! I love the free local coffee in the morning and free local beer for an hour at night. The hotel was very welcoming and in a great location.
3 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Charming hotel, chic aesthetic."
We loved our stay. We made a point of spending as little time as possible in our hotel. But the when we were there it was great!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great affordable hotel in the heart of the city"
Great place close to lots of shops and in a good area. Make sure to ask for the 5th floor if you want Subpop record designed floor with record player in your room. Room was a little small but for the price it was still worth it. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
"Noisey & Overpriced."
This place needs some serious upgrades. The motif is stuck in the early 90's. The walls are thin and you can hear what your neighbors are doing and talking about. The windows also prevent no outside sounds. At 1 AM, the alley behind the hotel is noisy with recycling trucks loading bottles and people yelling. If you're a light sleeper like me, it's hard to sleep well here. Parking fees were also outrageous. $45 a night is way too high. I will not stay here ever again.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Jeffrey
"Romantic getaway"
Stayed in a mini-king room. Room size on the small size, but it was perfect for a one-night romantic getaway. The bathroom was raised and a bit of tripping hazard, but rooms were nicely furnished and beds were comfy. Love the local craft beer happy hour in the lobby. Great customer service, would stay here again!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Hotel Max good and bad"
The Hotel Max was modernized, clean and in a great "walking distance" location for Seattle The staff were Excellent young folk who were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were small but very clean and the bed was very comfortable. One major drawback was the rooms air conditioner noise and its proximity to the bed and the lack of soundproof windows. All the good qualities of this hotel stay were somewhat disappointingly ruined by the tremendous all night noise emanating off the street.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice hotel near sites and friendly staff"
I picked this hotel based on reviews from Expedia and other sites. I was pleased with the hotel and that it wasn't your standard cookie cutter hotel. The rooms were tiny, which I was aware of based on other reviews. The staff was excellent and helped give my boyfriend and I recommendations on places to eat and see. The craft beer happy hour was a plus!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Bianca
"Free beer"
Room was clean, but very small. Needed a lounge chair, but no room for it. Otherwise, very comfortable bed. I did not get a good view, prob because I had a low-priced prepaid room. Free beer in the lobby in the early PM, and free coffee in the lobby in the AM.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Henry
Was surprised how small the room was. Especially the bathroom. This was in a 1 queen bed room. Definitely more of a European feel.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Warm, artsy, elegant"
I booked a mini queen room here for a solo getaway. The room was pretty tiny, yet thoughtfully stocked. If you have more than a small suitcase you'll want a bigger room. The bed was so comfy! The hotel was clean and had a hip, elegantly artsy feel. Really friendly staff, and great drinks at the bar next door. I The whole place felt so warm and inviting -- loved the fireplace lounge, the beer reception and the Cafe Ladro coffee set out with to-go cups in the morning. Next time I'll stay longer!
1 night trip Feb 3, 2015
"Cozy downtown getaway"
Cozy smallish room - nice decor - great view of trees & busy street ...steep step up to very compact bathroom might make it difficult for some folks...nice touch of complementary beer in lobby on arrival...friendly staff...2 blocks to Jazz Alley, our destination that nite...
1 night trip with friends Feb 3, 2015
"Great staff! Small rooms..."
Room was much smaller than expected. Staff was AWESOME!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Rob
"Rooms are too small. Shower space is tiny."
Overall it's ok if you just need a bed and a bath.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Manuel
"Nice Hotel in the City"
The overall condition and cleanliness was great, I just think it could be a little more spacious but that's really it.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Hotel Max is safe and close to everything."
My stay at Hotel Max was enhanced by the friendly and helpful staff who were always ready to assist and answer questions. It is within easy walking distance of the market, museums and great shopping. I appreciated being able to "hang out" in the hotel lobby in the late afternoon before going to the airport to catch the red eye home. Also loved the bright colors and art everywhere! I would definitely return to Hotel Max.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Highly recommend"
Exceptional, friendly service. Beautiful, artistic accommodations. Fun amenities. Convenient location. This hotel definitely enhanced our trip.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Unique hotel close to everything!"
This hotel was definitely different, but in a great way! The staff was amazing. We stayed here on our 10th anniversary and they put roses, champagne, and chocolate in our room while we were out and about. Their complimentary craft beer hour brought everyone together in the lobby, and by the end of our stay, we met such amazing people. Yes, the rooms are a little on the small side, but if you've ever been to NY, these rooms are at least a couple of feet bigger
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Ro
"I'd stay again"
smallish rooms - but friendly staff and free beer happy hour
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Greg
"Downtown Seattle"
Interesting room themes; they have record players in 5th floor rooms. Attentive staff that you can text; wonderfully responsive service!
"Convenience with character"
It was obvious that the hotel is an older building which has been given a face lift. The rooms while very comfortable were on the small side but provided everything we needed. The building has a lot of character and is conveniently located downtown. We were in town to see a show the Paramount and we were happy to find we were able to walk to the venue; it’s also close to Westlake center. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The single drawback is the elevators which were quit small; however sine we only needed to use it a few times it was never really an issue for us. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Best Pillows and bed ever!!!"
Love this place I usually stay at another place but love to switch to Hotel Max for a change. AND OMG the absolute best Pillows and bed... EVER .. Just a great ambiance great staff great location! In all the wonderful hotels I stay though I have never experienced the perfect bedding!!!
"Hotel Max"
I would recommend this Hotel to all my friends and family. The location is great with lots of yummy restaurants nearby. The Hotel rooms were clean and the beds super comfortable. The Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. A very cool decor vibe.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Tisha R
"enjoyed my stay"
Was very nice.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Cracker Bix Rooms with Free Beer"
Go hawks!! Its like sleeping.in a broom closet. Nice hotel otherwise
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Lack of coffee"
All good except heating unit wayntomloud for room and they need better coffee service In lobby, I want to be able to sit relax plan my day have a good cup of coffee. Both day had to wait and then only enough for one cup
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015