All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here620 Stewart St, Seattle, WA, 98101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Excellent location within a walking distance of most Seattle's attractions; original interior design that sets Max apart from conventional "industrial" chain hotels; popular restaurant in the ground floor - that makes a charming place to stay for a business/leisure traveller. I would definitely choose to stay at Max during my next trip.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Serge
"Modern and Cool"
Awesome hotel to start off with! We arrived, checked in and parked quickly. There was a noise problem outside of our room because of construction going on next door, we called the office and were switched to another room within 5 minutes. Great service, awesome hotel, would definitely stay again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great hotel stop on our honeymoon"
The Hotel Max staff was incredibly friendly, and the hotel has thought of all the little details that make it a unique and fun place to stay. We will definitely be staying here again!
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Great location. Hip hotel. However, the room was small and dirty. The temperature control of the heater is not optimal, and the bathroom floor is ice-cold. I will stay here again, only for the location and friendly front desk staff.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
The location is excellent if want a downtown experience. The hotel's decor is very cool. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rates were good for the location. The king room was small, but very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Maybe I just got a bad room"
This is a very funky hotel - great location and staff. Our room (901) was nicely appointed and the bed comfortable. HOWEVER, we were placed right next to the elevator. Actually, the headboard for the bed was on the wall with the 2 elevator shafts on the other side. From there, you can fill in the blanks..... I would probably try the hotel again but only if I was absolutely assured of being well away from the elevator!
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
PK
"Thanksgiving stay"
First, I would liek to say that all the employees I encountered were extremly professional and helpful. that is the good part. The bad part was thefact that when I was at the hotel each night at 1:00 in the morning, trash trucks would pull up outside the hotel to pick up the trash from the various businesses in that area and proceeded to wake me up each night. I probably should have figured something was going on given the fact there was a set of earplugs on the nightstand when I got to the room the first night. Secondly, I know the restaurant is not part of the hotel but as a consumer staying at your hotel that restaurant is very convienent. On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, at 9:30 in the morning the annual NFL football game started. After working out I proceeded to the Restaurant and was informed they would not turn the TV on and would only turn the TV on and they only turn the TV on for Seattle Seahawk games. Personally, I thought the bartender was joking but he wasn't. I tried ot indicate to him that probably the majority of the people staying at the hotel are not from this area and wouldn't it make sense to turn the TV on but that was not happening. As a matter of fact, later that day the Seahawks did play and whe nwe got back from Thanksgiving dinner I went back to the bar but the minute the game ended they turned the TV off. Otehr than that we had a nice time in Seattle.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"A hidden gem that you definitely need to try!"
I really enjoyed my stay at hotel max and I would definitely go back. My only issue was that the bathrooms were incredibly small and a bit outdated. It was a bit hard to get ready in the mornings, but that is not a huge deal. Other then that, I have no complaints, the beds were amazing and the staff was so great.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Jaclyn
"Great Hotel!"
I stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel Max, and had a really great time. This hotel is perfect for those looking for a Seattle experience. The location is very close to all downtown shopping, along with Pike's Market. The design of the hotel is really cool- lots of art and black and white photos. The staff was responsive and easy to work with. The rooms are quite small, but perfect if you plan to be out exploring the city. The gym is very tiny as well, however, there are fitness options very close. Over all enjoyed my stay and I will stay there again.
4 night trip Nov 26, 2014
"great spot to be in downtown seattle"
great hotel - lousy room for a multiple night stay. looked over an alley.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
marina
We stayed one night only, and checked in late. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Next day they stored our luggage for the day, and lent us an umbrella, both gratis. Our room was reasonably well soundproofed, and the temperature control was excellent. We did not try the hotel restaurant.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Nice, but room small. The Bathroom was very small bathroom.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Amazing design but poor heat/cool option"
This is the a very unique hotel. Definately meant for couples or singles, not a family place. The rooms were small but not a problem. The lobby offered free beer on Friday evening for an hour. The design of the hotel is awesome. The staff was very friendly. Got a recommendation for a Sushi restaurant that was amazing. Only one issue, the window heat/AC unit blew cold air all night long so I was constantly turning it on and off.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Terri
"hotel max"
Was a neat trendy place. Loved it.
4 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Hip downtown hotel"
Loved the art. Loved the bed. They were really accommodating when I got stuck on Vancouver Island and had to move back a day. My Only complaint - load heater.
debra
Was good location for downtown. Room was smallish, but OK. Bathroom was small too, a one person bathroom. But, the shower was very small. We are not big people so were able to use shower, though it was crowded. A big person would probably not have been able to use it.
"Convenient location"
Nice location, trendy decorated hotel, friendly helpful staff, good food and drink at the restaurant. The only issue is the rooms are too noisy. Single pane windows no insulation allow all the street noise comes into the rooms, especially the loads of garbage trucks all night. I think the center of the trash and recycle truck universe has a practice facility in the alley next to the hotel.
"Nice hotel in the center of downtown"
This hotel was in the heart of downtown. Almost all the places I visited such as Chihuly Garden, Pacific Science Center, Space Needle, EMP Museum, and Pike's Market were walking distance. The hotel staff were very friendly. One of them even brought up chocolate and soda (no alcohol for me) to my room because it was my birthday. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends!
Jen
"Overall very pleased"
Arrived at 8:00 am on the morning my conference started. I went immediately to the hotel, thinking I would just check my bag. Surprisingly, upon arrival to the hotel, they let me check into the room. The room was a corner unit on the 7th floor. Street noise was still loud at this level, but the bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean and the shower was good. Only ate at the restaurant once and that was for their late night happy hour. I had the cheeseburger and a Manhattan and both were excellent.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Ryan
"Boutique hotel close to downtown spots"
Cute boutique hotel with warm, eager to help hotel staff. For being close to all the downtown spots, the price is reasonable and you can forgive them for not having just a shower stall.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Hotel Max"
Nice hotel. Room and shower small but ok for a couple.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Hotel max"
View from the window was less than desireable. And the maid came into the toom even with the sign on the door. She was more startled than we were tomdiscover we were in the room!
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
"Modern hotel right in the heart of Seattle!"
My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Max to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were able to check in early free of charge so that was awesome. When we arrived at the hotel there was a bellhop waiting at the door waiting to greet us. Andrew at the front desk checked us in, he was fast and very friendly. We had asked him where a good place to eat in the area was, he recommended a few places to eat in the area since he had been on a plane all morning and were starving. When we got up to our room there was a bottle of wine, and chocolates waiting for us and our room got upgraded from what I had originally reserved. The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The lobby and hallways smelled so good as well. Everyone was very friendly and very attentive to everything and anything that we needed. We wish we could have stayed longer in Seattle, 3 nights was definitely not long enough. We wish to go back soon and we will definitely be staying at Hotel Max again!!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Chanel
"dog friendly/ new favorite spot in Seattle"
We always travel with our dogs. The welcome sign with our dogs names, water and treats at the lobby makes my heart melt. What a great detail. rooms are small but bed is super comfortable and products are good quality. We love this place. We will be back for sure. We rest and relax which I give 5 stars to overall experience.
2 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Cristina
"Convenient central location"
Went for program at convention center. Easily got around by foot/ monorails
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
elizabeth
"One really unfortunate problem"
Overall the experience was good. If you expect large rooms then go somewhere else. The beds are very comfortable. Because of one mishap I don't want to bring the hotel down. I don't think it will ever happen again but it was not good. If the staff had not been so sorry about the problem I would say. But they did all they could do and I am sure the maid service will be on the ball from now on.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Hip,quirky hotel"
Great location,rooms adequate but if overweight bathroom extremely small.The hotel has a grunge rock music theme and art.The usual free wine hour at hip hotels is replaced by a beer hour !Restaurant called Millers Guild is extremely expensive.Better meal choices nearby at the Pacific Place.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Big A
"small bathroom"
its small room but well organized but bathroom was small and not enough space to place personal items especial female... other than that, it's great location, good service, good amenity, and good stuff. Afternoon complimentary beer is nice touch!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
yuka
"Cool hotel at a decent price w/nice staff."
Staff is very accommodating and the hotel is pretty cool & funky. They had a beer tapping at 5:30pm in lobby of a local Pike brew. This was complimentary. Hotel is located in an area that has a lot of restaurants an other amenities, but it is a bit noisy outside and the in the hallways of the hotel itself. Not enough to make me not stay there again though. Only thing that was a bit rough was the bathroom was very small...especially the shower. I'm tall at 6'3" and about 195lbs, so decent size person but not large. I was unable to reach the lower half of my body while in shower. That's how tight it was. I would probably stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good location, very convenient."
The service was good. I would give 4 our of 5 stars.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
ingrid
"Great Location, Excellent Hosptality"
This is a super cute boutique hotel that has a lot of style. The hotel staff is very helpful, accommodating, and gives great recommendations. The location is great, and very walkable to anything in the city. The bed was very comfortable. The attached restaurant and bar is fabulous. The only thing I would change is the size of the room, it was too small.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Allison
The staff was polite and welcoming. The room was small, not very clean and the finishes were below standard for the price of the room.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hello there! Thank you for choosing the Max on your recent trip to Seattle. While I'm happy to hear you found our Front Desk team polite and welcoming I'm sorry to hear that you didn't feel the room was clean. This is highly unusual and again I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I've shared your feedback with our Housekeeping team to ensure that they are practicing proper cleaning standards. Again, thank you for staying with us and we wish you safe travels on your future adventures. Regards, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Staff make this place great!"
Nice stay for the price. The staff was so helpful and really went the extra mile to make sure that I was comfortable and that needs were met. The room itself was nice and clean. The room is very small as is the bathroom, but again, clean and well decorated. I do wish there would of been a privacy sheer on the window as they have just roller shades and neighboring buildings can see directly into the room. The appearance in the lobby is a tough first impression, furniture is obviously trashed, discolored and past its prime. The space could use a significant uplift. Room Service prices were very high, I ordered a burger with no beverage and with the 18% gratuity fee was just over $25 and with a 50 minute wait. I would stay there again for the price I paid.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey there! Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. Our team couldn't be happier to receive your comments and I couldn't be more proud. They are truly what make the Max great. Also, please know that our lobby is getting a complete makeover in a few weeks. It's long overdue and we know it. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon. Regards, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
kcr
"Friendliest Staff Ever!!!"
Hotel staff was awesome..from check-in to our departure. Very helpful and friendly.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey there PAF! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to acknowledge our rock star team. I couldn't be more proud of the team and the job they do each and every day. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look to welcome you back soon. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
PAF
"Good hotel, great location"
Good experience in downtown Seattle. This is a boutique hotel with lots of original art work throughout the hotel and in the rooms. The staff is exceptionally helpful. The rooms are very small and do not have a refrigerator other than in room drinks for purchase. We had a corner room which had large windows on two sides which gave us a great view of the city. The location is excellent for Pikes Market, shopping, restaurants and movies. The Seattle Art Museum is walking distance. They also provide umbrellas in case of rain.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey Jeff! Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Max and for taking the time to share your story. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and that you found our location to be excellent. Please know that we are happy to remove the items in the Honor Bar so that you can use the refrigerator. We do it all the time. Again, thanks for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great Birthday Stay"
Great Surprise.. Way beyond expectations and the Staff were superb. Rooms were small but very functional and accommodating... terrific bed will be back...
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey there Clyde and Joan! Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Seattle and for taking the time to share your story. We are elated to hear that you both were pleasantly surprised with your Max experience and that you found our team and beds to be terrific. You've got us blushing! Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Clyde and Joan
"Walking distance to restaurants and shops"
Friendly staff - comfortable room - unique art displays - and overall - great service!
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey Josie! Thank you for staying with us on your recent travels to Seattle and for sharing your comments. We are over the moon that you found our team to be friendly and that you enjoyed our new art work in the lobby. Again, thank you for staying with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back and deliver some of that great service you mentioned again. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
josie
"Nice hotel in downtown. Close to Pikes Market."
Close to Pikes Market, and all of downtown Seattle. Great if you want to walk or if you want a short cab ride. Rooms were clean, and well taken care of. Elevators are Italian style. So if you are claustrophobic this is not you're place. Five people max. Staff was very helpful and willing to help.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey there Bryan! Thank you so much for staying with us at the Max on your recent trip to Seattle. We enjoyed reading your comments and are pleased to hear that you found our location to perfect for your needs. Also, thank you for highlighting our team and the service they provide. Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
Bryan
"Easy access to everything downtown / very friendly"
We really like this hotel. The rooms are small, but the beds are comfortable and the service was extremely nice and friendly. We walked all over downtown. Easy access to the monorail, Pike market,and all the best shopping.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey there! Thank you for staying with us at the Max on your recent travels to Seattle. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and highlighted our amazing team and the service they provided. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Most inovative hotel I've ever stayed in!"
The room was a little small but the pictures on the front of the suite doors and the retro but modern look of the entire building gave it a really cool atmoshere. A truly great experience!
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hey there Justin! Thank you for staying with us at the Max and for taking the time to share your comments. Wow! The most innovative hotel...we like hearing that and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our art and music vibe. Again, thanks for staying with us and for the rock star praise. We cannot wait to welcome you back. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
Justin
"great location"
everything was great, room a little tight with a king size bed, not much seating only 1 chair but too tight to really use, but overall the hotel and staff were great!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Shirley & Chris
"Great Anniversary Stay"
My wife and I spent our 1 year anniversary here and it was awesome! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they had a free botitle of champagne waiting for us in our room upon arrival as an anniversary gift!
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Wayne
"Very Friendly and Accommodating Staff!"
Very nice place to stay with a great staff. This hotel had a lot if character and a very nice restaurant next door.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Christina
"Charming hotel, very good location"
A nice change from interchangeable corporate hotel chains, the style and character were refreshing, the bed was among the more comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. The shower is a bit small, but perfectly serviceable and the bathroom overall was fine. The amenities in the room were all very good quality and my experience overall was quite positive. I plan on staying there again next time I'm in Seattle, and will recommend it to friends and business associates as well.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Ok hotel"
Free wifi was very slow Valet parking was $30+ per day verse $9.99 in the fine print which i only noticed afterward. In the downtown area, walking distance to most point of interests; definitely a plus.
3 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great stay in a stylish hotel"
Small, eclectic, boutique hotel right downtown and close to everything Seattle has to offer. Fabulous restaurant!
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
tom and Meralee
"Shiji Wedding stay"
At first I was put off by the price- I was in town coordinating a wedding and on a budget, but as soon as I got there, it was worth the price. The staff was super helpful, it was clean and I loved the rock and roll theme. The location put me as the hub (the wedding was in Seattle) and the bridesmaids ended up using my room as well. It was great!
4 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Hannah
"Hotel for the young."
Bathroom was very small and cramped. We are in our 50's and the hotel was very "punk". Did not feel comfortable with decor.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hello there! Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Seattle. I'm truly sorry to hear that you found us to be punkish. We pride ourselves on celebrating an unique time period in Seattle's history with a particular focus on art and music. Again, I'm sorry that this didn't resonate with you. Again, thank you for staying with us and we wish you safe travels in your future adventures. Regards, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Great Style, Small Price!"
We spent a weekend at the hotel for a romantic getaway. The hotel bleeds cool vibes. From the front desk staff dressed in punk and hipster gear to the fun rock and roll themed rooms, it was a very hip and fun place to stay. Our room was a but in the small side, but we never spent much time in it. It is just a few blocks from Pacific Place, but definitely not as expensive as the Hyatts and other large hotels in the area. The restaurant was pretty good, except for the lack of vegetarian options.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Hello there Jennifer! Thank you so much for staying with us at the Max on your recent trip to Seattle and for taking the time to share your comments. We are so pleased to hear your glowing comments about our team and our cool factor. Our team goes out of their way to really make our guest's experience unique and tailor the service provided to why you are visiting. I'm happy to hear this was the case. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
"September in Seattle"
Well located hotel with super friendly staff. Good restaurant in hotel but expensive. Rooms just fine. Bathrooms could use extra shelving for toiletries. Two Starbucks out the front door for easy morning coffee. Fitness room. Hip vibe.
Response by Hotel Max, a Provenance Hotel
Bob and Craig, Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your story. We truly appreciate the kind words about our location, our team, restaurant and overall vibe. We are very proud of our hotel and it's history. Again, thanks for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon. Cheers, Kevin Scott General Manager
Other trip Sep 24, 2014