All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
620 Stewart St, Seattle, WA, 98101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Rooms are too small. Shower space is tiny."
Overall it's ok if you just need a bed and a bath.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Manuel
"Nice Hotel in the City"
The overall condition and cleanliness was great, I just think it could be a little more spacious but that's really it.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Hotel Max is safe and close to everything."
My stay at Hotel Max was enhanced by the friendly and helpful staff who were always ready to assist and answer questions. It is within easy walking distance of the market, museums and great shopping. I appreciated being able to "hang out" in the hotel lobby in the late afternoon before going to the airport to catch the red eye home. Also loved the bright colors and art everywhere! I would definitely return to Hotel Max.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Highly recommend"
Exceptional, friendly service. Beautiful, artistic accommodations. Fun amenities. Convenient location. This hotel definitely enhanced our trip.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Unique hotel close to everything!"
This hotel was definitely different, but in a great way! The staff was amazing. We stayed here on our 10th anniversary and they put roses, champagne, and chocolate in our room while we were out and about. Their complimentary craft beer hour brought everyone together in the lobby, and by the end of our stay, we met such amazing people. Yes, the rooms are a little on the small side, but if you've ever been to NY, these rooms are at least a couple of feet bigger
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Ro
"I'd stay again"
smallish rooms - but friendly staff and free beer happy hour
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Greg
"Downtown Seattle"
Interesting room themes; they have record players in 5th floor rooms. Attentive staff that you can text; wonderfully responsive service!
"Convenience with character"
It was obvious that the hotel is an older building which has been given a face lift. The rooms while very comfortable were on the small side but provided everything we needed. The building has a lot of character and is conveniently located downtown. We were in town to see a show the Paramount and we were happy to find we were able to walk to the venue; it’s also close to Westlake center. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The single drawback is the elevators which were quit small; however sine we only needed to use it a few times it was never really an issue for us. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Best Pillows and bed ever!!!"
Love this place I usually stay at another place but love to switch to Hotel Max for a change. AND OMG the absolute best Pillows and bed... EVER .. Just a great ambiance great staff great location! In all the wonderful hotels I stay though I have never experienced the perfect bedding!!!
"Hotel Max"
I would recommend this Hotel to all my friends and family. The location is great with lots of yummy restaurants nearby. The Hotel rooms were clean and the beds super comfortable. The Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. A very cool decor vibe.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Tisha R
"enjoyed my stay"
Was very nice.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Cracker Bix Rooms with Free Beer"
Go hawks!! Its like sleeping.in a broom closet. Nice hotel otherwise
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Lack of coffee"
All good except heating unit wayntomloud for room and they need better coffee service In lobby, I want to be able to sit relax plan my day have a good cup of coffee. Both day had to wait and then only enough for one cup
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Warning...one night of overnight parking is $45. The bathrooms are so small they feel like an airplane bathroom. Our pillows stunk and the elevator was rickety and unsafe feeling. Being "hip" doesn't make up for these shortfalls.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"A Squeeze, but Nice"
We have stayed here several times. Can't beat the convenience to downtown. Rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. Love the refrigerator and free WiFi. My only concerns to note for future stayers is that the room is very small, a little too small for 2 people to circle the bed (you must take turns) and the bath sink, although lovely in stainless steel is a challenge since it has no vanity for storing cosmetics. Finally, we used the luggage trolley to bring our luggage up to the room and found out the hard way that the trolley will not fit in the elevator with the doors closed unless it is turned inside the elevator. Tough to do with 2 people in there as well.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
This is a centrally located downtown hotel in a nice part of DT. Just short walks to Westlake shopping mall and Pacific Center shopping mall. Lots of street level shops around. About 8 blocks to the Pikes Market (10-15 min walk). Location is excellent for the DT activities. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Stayed in 3 different rooms there and all beds are firm and comfy - Great becasue I HATE soft and spongy beds! Some things to consider are that this is a renovated hotel so the renovation is obvious. They seem to only have window unit HVAC, which is very loud when running. On the other hand, they offer free wifi. The rooms, depending on which one you get, can be rather tight. Just depends on availablility and what you are requesting. I personally found the hotel enjoyable, even given the above shortcomings, so that is why I rate it 5 stars.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
The hotel staff was awesome. I appreciated how you can text the hotel to ask questions.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Perfect Gem in Downtown Seattle!"
My stay was fabulous. My sister and I came up for a weekend getaway in Seattle and this was the perfect hotel! Conveniently located for walking everywhere in downtown Seattle from the Pike Place Market to the Space Needle and a fabulous dinner at Petra (a Mediterranean Restaurant close by that was recommended by the front desk and just fabulous!). We arrived late in the evening on Friday and we were greeted with warmth and got a fabulous corner double bed room on the 8th floor. I wanted to make a shout out to whoever is managing the front desk team. Throughout the weekend we must have been greeted by at least 5 or 6 different Front desk people who all smiled and were extraordinarily helpful from dinner recommendations, to easy and accommodating check in and check out. The room had a very contemporary feel with reds and grays, nice contemporary art and amazing views from the window. They provided a blow drier, ironing board, closet, shower with all the amenities including a razor, extra soap, shampoo and conditioner, whatever you needed they provided for free if you asked. Each room also has a mini fridge to store your drinks or leftover dinner. The lobby was very inviting as well with art and a fireplace. Not to mention it was reasonably priced. I will definitely be staying here when I return to Seattle and would highly recommend this to anyone looking for contemporary comfort with an artsy twist and kind people to greet you and help make your stay wonderful!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Emily
Room nice, clean, comfortable. Bathroom very small and not enough elevators for the number of guests, but no other problems. Would recommend. Restaurant attached to hotel is excellent.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"room ridiculously small"
The room for the cost was so small, you could not open front door and bathroom door at the same time. The shower was so small could hardly turn around in it. The refrigerator was full of over priced items so could not get your own stuff in.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Stay away if you're claustrophobic."
Was in Seattle for a meeting at the Convention Center. This hotel was very well located for that and there were decent restaurants within walking distance. The main drawback was the room was TINY. Queen sized bed with about 24 inches between bed and side walls and about the same distance from foot of bed to desk against last wall. Shower stall was about 2 feet square (the smallest shower I've ever been in). Staff was freindly and decor was funky but overall just too small.
6 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Alan
"rooms are tiny!!!!!!!!"
Nice staff, but hotel has a funny smell. Elevators are so small they only fit 2 people and luggage and the rooms are extremely small as well.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Excellent location within a walking distance of most Seattle's attractions; original interior design that sets Max apart from conventional "industrial" chain hotels; popular restaurant in the ground floor - that makes a charming place to stay for a business/leisure traveller. I would definitely choose to stay at Max during my next trip.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Serge
"Modern and Cool"
Awesome hotel to start off with! We arrived, checked in and parked quickly. There was a noise problem outside of our room because of construction going on next door, we called the office and were switched to another room within 5 minutes. Great service, awesome hotel, would definitely stay again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great hotel stop on our honeymoon"
The Hotel Max staff was incredibly friendly, and the hotel has thought of all the little details that make it a unique and fun place to stay. We will definitely be staying here again!
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Great location. Hip hotel. However, the room was small and dirty. The temperature control of the heater is not optimal, and the bathroom floor is ice-cold. I will stay here again, only for the location and friendly front desk staff.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
The location is excellent if want a downtown experience. The hotel's decor is very cool. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rates were good for the location. The king room was small, but very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Maybe I just got a bad room"
This is a very funky hotel - great location and staff. Our room (901) was nicely appointed and the bed comfortable. HOWEVER, we were placed right next to the elevator. Actually, the headboard for the bed was on the wall with the 2 elevator shafts on the other side. From there, you can fill in the blanks..... I would probably try the hotel again but only if I was absolutely assured of being well away from the elevator!
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
PK
"Thanksgiving stay"
First, I would liek to say that all the employees I encountered were extremly professional and helpful. that is the good part. The bad part was thefact that when I was at the hotel each night at 1:00 in the morning, trash trucks would pull up outside the hotel to pick up the trash from the various businesses in that area and proceeded to wake me up each night. I probably should have figured something was going on given the fact there was a set of earplugs on the nightstand when I got to the room the first night. Secondly, I know the restaurant is not part of the hotel but as a consumer staying at your hotel that restaurant is very convienent. On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, at 9:30 in the morning the annual NFL football game started. After working out I proceeded to the Restaurant and was informed they would not turn the TV on and would only turn the TV on and they only turn the TV on for Seattle Seahawk games. Personally, I thought the bartender was joking but he wasn't. I tried ot indicate to him that probably the majority of the people staying at the hotel are not from this area and wouldn't it make sense to turn the TV on but that was not happening. As a matter of fact, later that day the Seahawks did play and whe nwe got back from Thanksgiving dinner I went back to the bar but the minute the game ended they turned the TV off. Otehr than that we had a nice time in Seattle.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"A hidden gem that you definitely need to try!"
I really enjoyed my stay at hotel max and I would definitely go back. My only issue was that the bathrooms were incredibly small and a bit outdated. It was a bit hard to get ready in the mornings, but that is not a huge deal. Other then that, I have no complaints, the beds were amazing and the staff was so great.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Jaclyn
"Great Hotel!"
I stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel Max, and had a really great time. This hotel is perfect for those looking for a Seattle experience. The location is very close to all downtown shopping, along with Pike's Market. The design of the hotel is really cool- lots of art and black and white photos. The staff was responsive and easy to work with. The rooms are quite small, but perfect if you plan to be out exploring the city. The gym is very tiny as well, however, there are fitness options very close. Over all enjoyed my stay and I will stay there again.
4 night trip Nov 26, 2014
"great spot to be in downtown seattle"
great hotel - lousy room for a multiple night stay. looked over an alley.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
marina
We stayed one night only, and checked in late. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Next day they stored our luggage for the day, and lent us an umbrella, both gratis. Our room was reasonably well soundproofed, and the temperature control was excellent. We did not try the hotel restaurant.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Nice, but room small. The Bathroom was very small bathroom.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Amazing design but poor heat/cool option"
This is the a very unique hotel. Definately meant for couples or singles, not a family place. The rooms were small but not a problem. The lobby offered free beer on Friday evening for an hour. The design of the hotel is awesome. The staff was very friendly. Got a recommendation for a Sushi restaurant that was amazing. Only one issue, the window heat/AC unit blew cold air all night long so I was constantly turning it on and off.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Terri
"hotel max"
Was a neat trendy place. Loved it.
4 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Hip downtown hotel"
Loved the art. Loved the bed. They were really accommodating when I got stuck on Vancouver Island and had to move back a day. My Only complaint - load heater.
debra
Was good location for downtown. Room was smallish, but OK. Bathroom was small too, a one person bathroom. But, the shower was very small. We are not big people so were able to use shower, though it was crowded. A big person would probably not have been able to use it.
"Convenient location"
Nice location, trendy decorated hotel, friendly helpful staff, good food and drink at the restaurant. The only issue is the rooms are too noisy. Single pane windows no insulation allow all the street noise comes into the rooms, especially the loads of garbage trucks all night. I think the center of the trash and recycle truck universe has a practice facility in the alley next to the hotel.
"Nice hotel in the center of downtown"
This hotel was in the heart of downtown. Almost all the places I visited such as Chihuly Garden, Pacific Science Center, Space Needle, EMP Museum, and Pike's Market were walking distance. The hotel staff were very friendly. One of them even brought up chocolate and soda (no alcohol for me) to my room because it was my birthday. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends!
Jen
"Overall very pleased"
Arrived at 8:00 am on the morning my conference started. I went immediately to the hotel, thinking I would just check my bag. Surprisingly, upon arrival to the hotel, they let me check into the room. The room was a corner unit on the 7th floor. Street noise was still loud at this level, but the bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean and the shower was good. Only ate at the restaurant once and that was for their late night happy hour. I had the cheeseburger and a Manhattan and both were excellent.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Ryan
"Boutique hotel close to downtown spots"
Cute boutique hotel with warm, eager to help hotel staff. For being close to all the downtown spots, the price is reasonable and you can forgive them for not having just a shower stall.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Hotel Max"
Nice hotel. Room and shower small but ok for a couple.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Hotel max"
View from the window was less than desireable. And the maid came into the toom even with the sign on the door. She was more startled than we were tomdiscover we were in the room!
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
"Modern hotel right in the heart of Seattle!"
My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Max to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were able to check in early free of charge so that was awesome. When we arrived at the hotel there was a bellhop waiting at the door waiting to greet us. Andrew at the front desk checked us in, he was fast and very friendly. We had asked him where a good place to eat in the area was, he recommended a few places to eat in the area since he had been on a plane all morning and were starving. When we got up to our room there was a bottle of wine, and chocolates waiting for us and our room got upgraded from what I had originally reserved. The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The lobby and hallways smelled so good as well. Everyone was very friendly and very attentive to everything and anything that we needed. We wish we could have stayed longer in Seattle, 3 nights was definitely not long enough. We wish to go back soon and we will definitely be staying at Hotel Max again!!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Chanel
"dog friendly/ new favorite spot in Seattle"
We always travel with our dogs. The welcome sign with our dogs names, water and treats at the lobby makes my heart melt. What a great detail. rooms are small but bed is super comfortable and products are good quality. We love this place. We will be back for sure. We rest and relax which I give 5 stars to overall experience.
2 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Cristina
"Convenient central location"
Went for program at convention center. Easily got around by foot/ monorails
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
elizabeth
"One really unfortunate problem"
Overall the experience was good. If you expect large rooms then go somewhere else. The beds are very comfortable. Because of one mishap I don't want to bring the hotel down. I don't think it will ever happen again but it was not good. If the staff had not been so sorry about the problem I would say. But they did all they could do and I am sure the maid service will be on the ball from now on.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Hip,quirky hotel"
Great location,rooms adequate but if overweight bathroom extremely small.The hotel has a grunge rock music theme and art.The usual free wine hour at hip hotels is replaced by a beer hour !Restaurant called Millers Guild is extremely expensive.Better meal choices nearby at the Pacific Place.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Big A
"small bathroom"
its small room but well organized but bathroom was small and not enough space to place personal items especial female... other than that, it's great location, good service, good amenity, and good stuff. Afternoon complimentary beer is nice touch!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014