All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1825 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

Good internet service
    Room is all right
    Food is not good
    Poor vibe
"Total dump"
I stay at this awful motel over July 4th weekend and paid a fortune. It is a filthy dump. Small beds, dirty rooms -- you are better off pitching a tent in the parking lot. There are newer and better places around
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Plamen
"clean."
It was good. I liked the room. Big bathroom. T.v needs to be updated, but overall, it was nice. Wasn't crazy about the parking lot though.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Close to everything"
A convient and comfy hotel Close to SLO, 101 Frwy and eateries .no frills but clean and a value if on a budget . Would stay here again if Pismo Beach hotels are raping us!!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Nice rest stop!"
Motorcycle road trip Los Angeles to San Francisco and back
1 night trip Jun 16, 2015
Doug
The beds were very uncomfortable and the lady in the breakfast area was very rude.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Erik
"Clean room!"
It was exactly what I wanted. The Innkeepers were hospitable and my room was immaculate. Within walking distance, there's a fun sports bar that serves a tasty variety of food and music. . Since my daughter attends Cal Poly, I will stay here in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"A bit tired, but okay"
Okay for a business traveler on a short stay
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Great little SLO motel"
Room was clean. Beds were a little soft. Very little outside noise. Great for sleeping. I would stay here again
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Terri
"Nice hotel, convenient to our needs"
Will return if in area, close to freeway made it convenient on our trip south
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Overpriced."
Room was clean but bedspreads were stained. Furniture surface was sticky.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Jeanette
"Cal-Poly"
It was close to Cal-Poly
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Romelda
Wasn't the cleanest of rooms. Bedspread looked had more stains on it then my kid does after eating spaghetti with his hands. Bring your own TP was like sandpaper. did not want room cleaned, they came in anyways (what good is the sign that has food on it). No kleenex even after they came in. Pictures on website with lobby and breakfast....not from this hotel. Worked, was overpriced though. Rich 5/18/2015
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Comfortable Two Day Stay"
Older motel that is clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast is minimal. Parking is adequate and staff was pleasant
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
good time
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Theodore
"Drunks kept us up all night"
The hotel was minimal and seemed a bit dirty. Our room was not cleaned at all one day. Breakfast in lobby was hard to call breakfast. The worst was the night when a bunch of drunk, foul-mouthed guys came back to the hotel at 1:30am and were allowed to go on for an hour disturbing the entire hotel. The manage talked to them but did not call the police as he should have to make it stop immediately. he also failed to answer his phone.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Carrie
"Fair Hotel"
Hotel is ok, good location, bad design of parking lot, agent changed price of room $157 instead of $152 We wanted to cancel the last day and the agent simply would say nothing. Linens were not changed until 5:00, Thermostat did not work, TV and Radio was set to spanish. Many of the stations were muted Both rooms were out of kleenex Office was not opened by 7:00 AM
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Good clean rooms but horrendous breakfast"
The room was clean, spacious. But has not plastic cups or coffee maker and the clock was not connected. Those are little details and do not take away the privacy of my room but can made my stay more comfortable. The location was great at the motel area just fee minutes drive away from San Luis Obispo downtown and farmers market. The deception come in the morning when I saw the receptionist opening frozen bags of roll bread on the trays for the guests.There was a toaster but the frozen roll did not fit in the toaster. There was cereal but not yogurt or milk, only plain coffee and frozen bread.We went to the downtown to have a decent breakfast. You should not be advertising breakfast in that place. That was not a breakfast and was super disrespectful to the guests taste.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Dated, run-down, musty"
This was probably an ok hotel in the 1970s. It is run-down, in need of lots of minor repairs and the room had a musty smell. There was a bunch of guys standing around a pickup in the parking lot drinking beer when we came in. The"Breakfast area" was a small corner of the lobby with a couple of cereal machines and a coffee pot. This is not a place I would stay in with a family again. I'm being charitable with my rating, as it looks like they made some attempt at an upgrade, but really need to do a complete make over if people are to stay there. I paid about $90 for the night. If it would have been $30, I might have expected the condition. When we drove into the parking lot, my wife commented that it looked like it was out of an old movie. Lights in the bathroom flickered when we took showers.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Nice place, no problems"
Small but comfortable, plenty of hot water, close to downtown, quiet . Good deal for the price.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
laura
"Close to a lot nice places"
Good place to stay, good breakfast and service, thin walls.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Allen
"Decent price, decent accommodations"
The room was standard. Clean and efficient - had a refrigerator and microwave. The internet was spotty at best, however at one point when I was having no luck connecting at all, I called the front desk and they reset the router without hesitation. The chair (hard) and table (too low) in the room were very uncomfortable, so I probably wouldn't stay here if you need to do any work. For price and simplicity, pretty good deal. Public transit doesn't run from 6pm-9am, except on special days so be prepared to walk or take a cab.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Just okay"
A little noisy; we like to sleep in and the housekeepers yell back and forth to each other making it difficult to sleep in. Otherwise, the hotel is clean and descent.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Sylvia
"Dan, nh"
Very friendly staff and very clean. Great price!!
2 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
dan
Clean room, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, friendly staff. We were just here for a quick overnight and the room was fine and the price was great. The only thing we had a problem with were oldish, scratchy towels. I'd stay here again but would definitely bring a bath towel.
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"Just fine"
We needed a nice bed while staying with family in SLO. The room was clean and quiet and what we needed.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great hotel perfect location"
We always stay at this hotel when visiting the central coast. Right down the street from downtown slo and 20 minutes to each surrounding beach town. Beds are super comfy and always in good shape. Every time we stay we walk next door to Pappy McGregors pub at night to have a beer and watch karaoke. this is always our first choice in hotels of the area.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Cory
"Was more than I expected"
The hotel is located in a nice area. The room was big and comfortable. It had a fridge and microwave. It smelled very clean. The only bag thing was that you can hear through the walls and old bath towels.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"-1"
Upon checking in, I made sure the person checking me in knew I had a service dog with me. I reminded him EVERY (4) time he said "No pets allowed" and I would respond with "I have a service dog with me." His reply (4 times) was " That is okay, your dog is a service dog." When I entered the room it smelled but was otherwise okay. The next morning I packed my car and was headed out when another man from the hotel approached me and YELLED at me "You have a dog! No dogs allowed! I am going to charge your credit card $100.00!" I had to speak over his YELLING to say she is a service dog. He turned on his heels an marched to the room, flung the door open and examined the room for damage! Never again will I stay at this hotel EVER!
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Jacquelyn
"Quick Weekend in SLO"
Very comfortable and clean for a budget hotel. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Good location. Comfy bed. Mini fridge and microwave in room.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
For a moderately-priced hotel, Travelodge was clean and comfortable with friendly, helpful staff.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"As expected"
This hotel has an excellent location and proximity to CalPoly, and easy access to the 101. It is a bit older, but clean, has somewhat of a breakfast which was acceptable, coffee in the room which is no longer the norm, and provided what I expected for the price I paid. This was my 2nd stay and I would like stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"NO HOT WATER"
Good and comfortable queen beds, but NO HOT WATER. I would stay there again only if they guaranteed hot water in the shower. December stay plus no hot water in the shower is not a good mix.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Pleasure trip to watch a basketball game"
This motel has a great location, being extremely close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. The room was comfortable and spacious. The continental breakfast was adequate....toast, cereal, pastry, coffee, fruit. The towels in the bathroom were sort of old and rough. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Quite OK for a short stay"
Stayed one night checking in late and out early on our way driving from San Francisco to LA. Nice, green area surrounding hills. Shopping, eating nearby without hassle is possıble. Don't expect much from a quick cold breakfast with a very limited menu standing at a small reception area. Better to take and have it in the room if still not finished with it on your way...
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Baydere
"Clean and good price"
Easy in and out, nice people at desk, clean convenient, good price
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Franklyn
"Just fine for the price."
This place was just fine for our one night stay. Older building but seemed to be maintained pretty well. It was reasonably clean, for the price. The bed was not the best and I suggest bringing your own pillow. The man at the counter was pleasant and had the coffee ready early. We saved about $50 from staying at one of the neighboring motels.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"stay"
for a short stay okay. You can hear the people in the next room
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Awong
"Unimpressive"
Mold in Coffee Maker... Management replaced it quickly. Other than that, room was clean. Very basic, not too comfortable, but not uncomfortable. Neighborhood is a strip of hotels down the street.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"STINKY"
I like to write nice reviews but this room smelled soooo bad of cigarettes when we walked in. It wasn't a faint smell, it was a slap you in the face kind of stench. That and the comforter looked like it had been run over by tires and was unsuccessfully cleaned. Other than that the sheets under the comforter were clean, thank goodness. Towels, bathroom and the rest of the room were clean. Oh, the tv had basic channels, 5/7/9, that kinda sucked. Overall, decent room for the money but I wouldn't stay there again just because of the horrible smell.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Short Review"
very good value for the money
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Poor Place"
Old dirty room, small, and unfriendly staff.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Hong
"Check out the others first..."
This hotel is centrally located, well within walking distance to the heart of the city. We walked to dinner downtown and to get coffee the following morning. The hotel itself is sort of a pit. Clean overall but a pit nonetheless. They could do the place some justice by replacing the curtains which were torn and taped over on the backside. I guess, for the price paid, it was worth it overall, especially if you are into the "retro" (1970's) feel of older hotel/motels. The couple of other places that we passed on our walk(s) will be checked out prior to booking this place ever again, especially the Euro style B & B.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Greg
"No worries"
No news is good news.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
The staff was professional and friendly, but the office was in a bit of disarray and smelled of? something unidentifiable, not unpleasing, perhaps just a strange incense. The room had an outdated feel to it with the appearance of age on the curtains, carpet, and paint. There were stains on the curtains and phone. The paint in the room and bath was hastily done and showed an uncaring attitude for the guest accommodations. The bathroom was clean and the towers appeared fresh. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linens were also fresh. There was a connecting door to the neighboring room which was a bit disconcerting since I could hear them arguing at one point. Altogether, not an unpleasant night but a little more care in the paint and décor would have made it much more enjoyable.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
ganymede
"It's okay"
This hotel is good for a quick one night stay. I wouldn't really recommend it for longer. We stayed in Room 219 and the fridge was extremely loud and it looked like there was beginnings of mildew on the wall paper in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was dark and allowed us to sleep in a little. The lobby smelled odd but the room did not. Nothing stood out to me in a positive or a negative way.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Janelle
"Nice. Close to campus."
Nice. Will book again. Close to campus & man at desk very friendly.enjoyed complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
janet
"Just...don't."
Ok, it's a pretty awful place to stay but due to the holiday weekend, most hotels were booked so we had to settle. But here are the pros and cons: Pros: -in an area where I don't worry about my car broken into -the manager when I checked in was nice -I didnt fear for my safety Cons: -The room has not been updated *except* for a poorly botched bathroom remodel (paint wasn't cut in, the shower was the only thing that was nice) -the bed was incredibly uncomfortable, I could feel the coils underneath me! -the bedding was really itchy -*really* loud - people going up and down the stairs all night and I could hear it It was what I expected being a Travelodge, but try your best to spend your money elsewhere.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Convenient amenities"
The room was clean. I liked that the parking was really close to our room. The bathroom had a small window for ventilation. I also liked that the room offered a microwave & fridge. Very convenient. For the morning, the hotel offers a small continental breakfast. We just got a fruit & pastry & went for a full breakfast elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Not the greatest"
Dingy looking. But the bed was definitely comfortable...I'm glad I travel with my own sheets though. The continental breakfast was non existent here also. Coffee, OJ and toast. That's it.