All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here200 C St SE, Washington, DC, 20003, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice location, large and comfy room."
Nice area, quiet and mostly residential, but very close to the Capitol and Library of the Congress. Subway Station less than 5 minutes away. Bus stops very close. Large room, very clean, reasonably maintained. NIce breakfast, but the breakfast room was too small for the amount of people it was supposed to serve. Overall, very nice.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Nathan
"Great location, even Better staff!!!"
I had a very comfortable stay at Capitol Hill. The staff was amazing and the location was perfect. The bathrooms were a little tight for a king suite but very clean. I would go back just to deal with the amazing staff.
7 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Naomi
"Great find"
Great find for the DC area...close enough to walk to many sites if able to walk at least a mile in comfort. Great hotel with nice breakfast and wine hour that were totally free.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
clafauci
"Great Capital location."
The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is what set this hotel apart from others. Great location. Close to Metro. Great room.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
FXS
"location, location,location plus breakfast"
This hotel is so convenient- just 1 block from subway, easy walk to Mall and so many resturants and bars within short walk thats the location might be the best reason for staying here but its quiet and comfortable. We had a huge rm with a kithenette and it was so quiet since on residential street with no traffic.coffee and chilled water in lobby at all times, good breakfast buffet with fresh fruit. This hotel was great-we'll always stay here when in DC. The hotel was freshly redone and rm was elegant, athough does any hotel have enough hooks in bathrm and decent reading lamps.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2014
mb
"Fantastic place to say"
First, the staff was excellent. They could not be more friendly. Remembering our names and always offering to help us. The room was excellent as well. Rate was very reasonable. Would recommend in a heartbeat.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Jason A
The hotel itself was very modern and nice. The only complaint I really have is parking. There wasn't any street parking that was more than 2 hours, so we had to park at Union Station.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Closest to Capitol Hill"
Everything was perfect! We have stayed in all four quadrants, but had stayed at the Capitol Hill Hotel when Reagan's funeral came through (our third visit). We liked it so much that we came back with our grandson for our fifth visit to DC. The hotel has been completely refurbished and refurnished--and it is awesome. We highly recommend it!
6 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Laura Black
The location of this hotel is great, the service and staff is wonderful. Breakfast is good, but setup is a little tight and uncomfortable. Great place to stay for the price.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
No problems. the place was quiet and clean and the staff helpful.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Quiet location only a block from the Capitol bldg."
Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast plus a free wine happy hour. Easy walk to Capitol South Metro station. We stayed on the Fourth of July weekend. It's a close walk to the National Mall, but it seems miles away from the crowds and noise. Great getaway. Highly recommended.
"Close to Capitol and Metro"
The Capitol Hill Hotel is two blocks to the Capitol, Library of Congress and Supreme Court. It's one block to the Metro and in a residential neighborhood. The breakfast was good, but the queen bed wasn't very comfortable. Since the room was huge, a king bed would easily fit. Good place for the Capitol Concert and fireworks!
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Sally
"Capital Hill Hotel"
Location was quiet, close to Capital, the metro and some good restraunts. But the hotel itself was too old and cheaply redone for the cost. The furniture in the rooms were very cheap & uncomfortable....like sitting on bricks (very hard and stiff). The couch wasn't a typical pull-out bed. They had to bring in extra padded mattress to lay on it because it was like laying on hard wood. Then, too much stuff to remove daily, (no where to store it) so it had to just stay in bed-form the whole time. Bathroom cramped, no extra aminities in bath, like shower cap, blow dryer, etc. For the value, I would not go back.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Cool Feel close to the Capitol"
Very happy with the location and overall feel of the hotel. Room was clean and had a very retro modern feel to it. Bed was extremely comfortable - no problems sleeping. Within walking distance for all my needs for this trip. However, I was unable to connect to the free wi-fi service during my visit. Great overall experience.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great Location for Capital Hill offices."
Everything was good, locations for those visiting legislatures and visiting the nations capital.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
I've stayed at the hotel regularly for several years because of it's great location and helpful staff. I've always been pleased by the service. I think it's showing some wear and tear and needs some sprucing up. In my last room the ironing board was broken and there was a large stain in the carpet in front of the closet. It's overpriced at their standard rates.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"left a lot to be desired"
I arrived at almost 4 PM and the hotel lobby was littered with people waiting to get into a room, it was full of people and baggage. When I tried to check in they told me that I was behind at least 6 other people and they had no idea when a room would be ready. I had an event that I had to attend across the street at the library of congress (the only reason I had chosen this hotel) and needed to get cleaned up and changed. I was told that the only place to do that was in the one and only bathroom on this floor and that there was a line for that as well. I finally was told that there was another bathroom in their other building and given a key to get in there. The bathroom had no plug so I could not fix my hair. No towels so I could not even get washed. I was furious! Later, when i came back and did get a room (at almost 9 PM) the room was large with very poor lighting and the mattress literally had a trough in it on the side of the one and only night stand. There was no blackout curtain so I was awakened at first light, there was a bedside light that did not even give light to the bed, it lit the nightstand. There were nice robes and the room was quiet.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
Excellent location for folks with business on the Hill! Hotel was quiet and clean. Smallish bathroom but room was comfortable. Bed was excellent. Room was not available at promised time....inspite of receiving an email that it was ready...Staff was friendly and helpful. I will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Ted
"Within walking distance to all historic sites"
I had a very pleasant time at this hotel. The room was large and the bed was extremely comfortable. The air conditioning was easily controlled with the wall thermostat. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly. I appreciated the cold water in the library as it was very hot in Washington during my stay. The neighborhood was pretty and a very good selection of restaurants were just around the block.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Beware of overbooking"
Hotel overbooked 20+ guests on a weeknight and shipped us to a Marriott in College Park MD (I shipped out after 11 pm after trying to find some place closer. They did pay for the room and cab fare, but that bonus for my employer in no way made up for my inconvenience. Would never stay there again.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Nice hotel, very close to the capital."
I enjoyed my stay here, it was very nice. Great amenities.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Julio
Terrific hotel. Great location and great service.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Convenient and Comfortable"
The Capitol Hill Hotel is clean, comfortable, and conveniently located -- especially for anyone who is interacting with the House, Senate, Library of Congress, or Supreme Court. It is literally "on campus" on Capitol Hill. And the rooms lend themselves to longer stays, if your plans require staying a few days. This was a return visit for me. It is my hotel of choice for any business on Capitol Hill.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
I wish I could write about my stay, but when I arrived at the hotel Saturday evening, despite having a hotels.com confirmation and having already paid for the room, I was informed that the hotel did not have a record of my hotels.com reservation and that they were fully booked and could not accommodate me. So I got in my car and made the 2 hour drive back home. Bummer.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Don't go there!"
I was traveling to DC on a business trip, and booked the Capitol Hill Hotel through Hotels.com for its convenient location in DC. I arrived at the hotel at 2.00pm and was told that my room would not be ready until 3:00pm. I had to be in a meeting starting at 3:00pm so I left my luggage with the staff to then come back after dinner and check in. Upon my return, I was told that due to the hotel being overbooked, my reservation was moved at the Marriott hotel in Bethesda!!!! So I find myself in the middle of the night traveling 35 minutes cab drive to get to my room. The next morning it took 2 hours and 15 minutes cab drive to get back to DC (due to the traffic) and missed my first meeting as a result. In addition, I had to cover the cab charges on the way back and the Marriott charged my credit card for the stay (in addition to what I paid to Hotels.com for presumed stay at the the Capitol Hill Hotel). Needles to say, I will never book this hotel again or use Hotels.com services.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
Business Traveler
"Enjoy the Capital Hill"
I used to go to DC quite often but hadn't been for a few years. Just recently stayed there and Capital Hill Hotel has made some great changes. I've always enjoyed the location but now they've got a great facility as well.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Our #1 Stay in D.C."
We have been staying at Capital Hill Hotel since our son moved into the area almost a year ago. We really like the location since it's a five minute walk to our son's house. It is in a residential area which gives you a neighborhood feel to it. It is an easy walk to East Market and the Metro stop. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. A few recommendations: a minor issue but one none the less is how the have the lighting system for the bathroom and hallway. It would be nice to have a separate switch for each location. Nothing worse is if you get up at night to use the bathroom you are more than likely to awaken the other person in the room with the brightness. From now on our work around will to bring a night light to plugin to the bathroom. Our last stay there was no clock in the room other than on the microwave. We didn't realize it to when we returned late at night since we dropped off our suitcases and ran out the door to get to our dinner reservations. We really like when we get a room facing 2nd street vs. a side room where you overlook someones back yard. With this all said as long as our son lives in the area we will always stay here.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Alan Taylor
"Best deal close to the Capitol"
Under $200 walking distance to the Federal buildings? Done. This place is a no brainer if you're looking for a nice hotel, walking distance to the national mall and you don't want to drop $500 a night for a fancy/historic hotel. Would definitely recommend.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
Ben
"convenient"
We were overall very pleased. The hotel was ccalm and clean. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. Unfortunately our room hd a terrible back alley view. That was disappointing.
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
This hotel has it all, very happy with it. They just need more light in the room.
2 night family trip May 7, 2014
"Very close to The Hill"
The staff was very helpful and friendly, giving me help when I needed it. The bathroom was nicely updated, but the decor of the hallways and the room was a bit tired. It met my needs though.
1 night business trip May 7, 2014
Doug
"Close to U.S. Capitol"
OK location in DC, but hotel rooms show wear and could use new carpet. Bathroom very small and bed and bedding not very comfortable. Staff was prompt, knowledgeable and helpful with directions and cab service. Would be a reasonable value for $300 vs. $400 price.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
"Put us in the "other building". Very uncomfortable"
Something very itchy in the bed. Chairs very uncomfortable. Staff said furniture was only a week old. Big suite with kitchen we didn't use. Might have been better for an extended stay. Great location. Not for an overnight stay. "Other building" is not what you see in the online pictures.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Clean, comfortable convenience"
This hotel is close to lots of good restaurants, tourist attractions and public transportation. Our room had a microwave, fridge and a Keurig machine. Staff was friendly and helpful--would definitely recommend Capitol Hill Hotel!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Next to the Library of Congress"
Small, informal hotel at a great location across the street from the Library of Congress and a couple of blocks from the Capitol. A couple of minutes walk from Pennsylvania Ave. with nice little restaurants and coffee shops. Decor pleasant contemporary, a bit European. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would go there again. Room was small and bathroom tiny, but adequate.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Girolamo
"Location, Location, Location"
Great place to stay while in DC. Only 1 block from Capital South metro stop, and only 2 blocks from Good Stuff Eatery and We the Pizza. Makes getting around so easy, and eating on a budget is possible. Hotel itself is nice. Nice neighborhood. Area is quiet, seems safe. Our room was huge, kitchenette was very nice, with full size fridge. Water pressure in the shower was fantastic. Water quality was excellent. Very nice TV with excellent channel choices. The beds were very comfortable. Only drawback was the hotel itself needs a good vacuuming, but really, not imprtant. Will be staying here again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Moocow719
Overall a good place to stay but the continental breakfast was bad so don't expect to have a good meal. Luckily there are several restaurants in the neighborhood.
6 night family trip Apr 6, 2014
"Dissapoointment"
Could not control temperature in room. Manager said city had to ok to use air conditioning, What a lie! What would have been wrong with vented air? Room was ready 2-1/2 hours after promised,, and chest of drawers, made the whole room smell like paint thinner. When requested new towels from maid service, I never got them. The Hotel said they would refund 20% of my money, but through Hotel.com. I bet i don't see that money. If I do not see this money in 10 days, I will not use hotel.com again either
3 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Lack of parking was a big problem. Hotel lot was full and never found recommended lot.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Service was friendly responsive and accommodating. Went out of their way to be helpful and happy to do so. Room was clean and comfortable. Definitely recommend for the price.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
"Location Location Location"
The big selling point of this hotel is Location, . . . 2 blocks from the Capital Building and the Supreme Court . . . . the James Madison building of the Library of Congrsss is directly across the street. This is a quant, little boutique hotel, right on Capital Hill. If you have business at the Capital Building or at the Supreme Court, THIS is where you want to stay.
2 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
Location was a bit far for the mall and museums, but a very pleasant neighborhood.Room was very comfortable, spacious- we had a Jr. suite.Heating/air conditioning was a problem. Room was very warm and AC not "accessible" to cool the room. Even with in room thermostat all we could control was turning the fan on. This helped a bit but still not sufficient for the kind of environmental control one should have in an otherwise nice hotel.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Never stay at this hotel"
THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HONOR ITS RESERVATIONS. I checked my bag off at 11 am and gave a credit card for incidentals and was told my room wasn't ready yet but would be later in the day. Upon arriving back to the hotel after my business meetings and an evening reception, I was told at 10:30 pm that my reservation was bumped. The manager claimed it was no big deal and was only for one night and refused to give me a refund. This is unacceptable for a single female to have to travel across town that late at night. At $300 a night they should honor any and all reservations.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
"very pleased"
excellent and loved being near the library of congress
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
JP
"Rooms not ready for occupancy"
I initially asked for room upgrade after finding out the Jr room was not big enough for a mother daughter and will pay for the difference, clerk said no rooms available. 2nd request asked for room transfer when i told them there was no bathrm door, was told the other rooms are being renovated and we were transferred to another toom. Bathroom amenities were lacking , were told theyve ran out shower cap, dental kit and even napkin tissue was not replinished.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Spacious room and great location"
It was fine. Staff was very helpful. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable.It was very quiet
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2014
Philip Trainer
"Great Location on Capitol Hill"
This is a nice, boutique hotel, just a block away from the metro, and within easy walking distance of the Capitol Visitors Center. The only reason I gave the condition of the property an average rating of 3 (with an overall of 4) was that the elevators are showing pretty significant wear, walls have dings that could be easily covered up, hall carpet (at least on my floor) could be cleaned a little better. Also, the room's extra security latch needed to be secured to the door; it would have been ineffective. And while the room contained a safe, the one night I would have used it, found that it had been left locked by a previous guest. Housekeeping should have checked that between guests, and should have reported the latch issue to maintenance. Other than that, a great place to stay with very nice, accommodating staff. I would stay there again!
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
DKM
"Great location, basic accommodations"
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, but the hotel itself seemed to have been sort of thrown together. The bethroom door would not open or close, the room smelled like paint, there was barely any lighting in the room, etc. It's also a little odd to have to walk outside to a separate building and go down various winding halls to get to breakfast. All that being said, it served its purpose as a not-super-expensive hotel option right by the Capitol, and again, the staff was very nice.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
"Overbooked and nobody called"
The Capitol Hill Hotel was overbooked and had me waiting in the lobby for 2 hours before they told me there wasn't a room available.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2014
"Big room for family of 5"
Lovely area very close to capital hill. One block from subway station. Good restaurants one block away
3 night family trip Jan 25, 2014