All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here151 S College Road, Wilmington, NC, 28403, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

2.7
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
1 night trip May 31, 2014
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn University

"Property Keeps Improving Every time"
06/01/15 rstern8 Chicago Ridge, Illinois
I have stayed at this property for 25 years. It was great in the beginning, and started to decline 15 years ago. About 5 years ago, property was sold and the new owners have completed many rennovations Rooms are up to date; new furniture, fridges and Microwaves. Flat Screen TVs. Even new bed linens. Lobby is very nice. Pretty quiet property, but sometimes I can hear the doors slam. Usually stay on the 3rd or 4th floor with other business travelers. Bathrooms are a little bit smaller; and breakfast could offer more varieties; those are the only drawbacks. Always enjoy my business trips to Wilmington at the Comfort Inn-University.
"A Room With a View of the Factory Next Door"
05/27/15 Mulholland9 Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We were heading to a family wedding in downtown Wilmington and waited until the last minute to attempt to book a hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel housing the wedding party had sold out by that time, as had the other downtown venues nearby. We ended up finding lodging at the Comfort Inn University. After reading some of the reviews of this property here on Trip Advisor I was a little reluctant to stay here, although there were really no other options at that point. The hotel is actually located a fair distance from downtown, at the edge of the city, in an area that appears to be a hodgepodge of industrial plants, car lots, restaurants and private residences. In fact, our second-floor room had a splendid view of the factory abutting the hotel. Despite the outside of the hotel being painted a garish, 70's-era conflagration of inflammatory hues, the inside lobby is cool with a minimal decor that doesn't assault the senses, and the front desk staff was friendly and efficient during our stay. The container of water filled with lemons, and the plate of cookies were most welcome after our long drive, and added a nice touch to the lobby's ambience. However, once we were headed to our second-floor room it became evident that things were about to change. Obviously, there was significant work being done to renovate the property (I'd also read here that this was the case) but the room across from ours with the huge padlock on the door was disconcerting. The door to our room was standing open when we arrived, although a quick survey of said room failed to reveal any whip-wielding sadists hiding in the bathroom. Since the door hadn't been properly closed, it also failed to open with the room keys provided so we had to march back down to the lobby to obtain new keys that actually did work. Fortunately, the manager on duty was able to take care of our problem with brisk efficiency. Our room had the beginnings of an apparent renovation, but it appeared to have ended with the appealingly modern and comfy queen-size bed and new tiles on the bathroom floor. The rest of the room was a mess. The worn carpet had small, perfectly square black stains that seemed to either be dried paint or tar that had been on the bottom of some piece of furniture that had been setting in front of the closet. There is the possibility that someone had smudged some paint on the walls, perhaps to test the color tone, although I couldn't swear to this. The bathroom sink was an elegant raised glass affair housed on a hideous granite-ish counter atop a rickety wooden structure that held the towels and appeared to have been made in high school shop class. The bathtub/shower was a standard, 70ish, one-piece affair that is common in many hotels. And, of course, there was the aforementioned view of the factory which turned out to be not so bad, after all. A rather large community of feral cats appeared to have taken up residence below our window and it was interesting to watch their comings and goings during the brief times we were actually in our room. All in all, the room seemed to have most recently been used as a storeroom, and still in need of a complete makeover. It certainly didn't seem ready for overnight guests, although I do have to say that, despite the disarray, the appaling stains on the carpet and the general state of the room, it was clean, however incongruous that may sound. I'm giving the Comfort Inn University one star for cleanliness and one star for the bed, in which I slept improbably well. **There is a free breakfast offered but both mornings we were there, the breakfast area was extremely crowded and seemed a little chaotic, so I didn't bother.
"Very Comfortable Beds"
05/27/15 Itbnitra Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The beds at the Comfort Inn University are are dream. They are so comfortable. You are guaranteed a great night's sleep. The hotel was being renovated, but that wasn't a problem. I would recommend this hotel while staying in Wilmington.
"Great Place to Stay."
05/22/15 baberanza Pennsylvania
I stayed here in April for 5 days and it was nothing short of excellent. The staff was hospitable and warm, not only upon check-in, but for the duration of my stay. I did not leave or enter that building without being greeted. The breakfast was great, it's a continental set-up, it's included with your stay and I couldn't ask for anything more. Free wifi was great as well! I work in hospitality and therefore check my room for cleanliness and bugs everywhere I stay as soon as I enter the room. My room was VERY clean, no dirt or evidence of bugs anywhere. The hotel has obviously been recently renovated and they did a great job with it. If you are expecting any certain amenity, do your research before staying as you would at any property. Because I was there for so long, a fridge was preferred and I called ahead to request one and they were able to accommodate me. We did not experience any late-night noise and if we had, I would have alerted the front desk so they were aware. The reviews make this place look hit or miss, but honestly it's a hit. If you're looking for something affordable, clean, comfortable, and not too far from downtown Wilmington, this is the place! I'll be staying again in August! :)
"It's okay, but stay elsewhere if you can."
05/18/15 Ro H Pittsboro, North Carolina
This is an old hotel, or at least one that has been exceedingly worn. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was adequate, and the room was okay, although the carpets weren't very clean (lots of small pieces of lint and paper around), and the smell in the room was--dank? I don't know the exact word. It didn't necessarily smell bad, just odd. What seemed like 50 layers of paint covered the walls, and there had been a failed attempt to modernize the bathroom. The room served it's purpose; the beds were comfortable and clean, and it is in a great location in terms of getting to the beaches or for downtown Wilmington. In a nutshell: stay somewhere else if you can, but this'll do in a pinch. Although I have to say, I will not stay there again, even if there isn't anything else available. I would rather cancel a trip to Wilmington than to stay at this hotel again. Just felt like I was being way overcharged for what it offered.
"UNCW graduation was successful !!!"
05/11/15 Shawn K Fontana, California
I can't believe some of the reviews I see here! People are just too much - I just visited this hotel and LOVED it!!! They have nice rooms and they were clean too! Nice and comfortable with great service! My daughter graduated this weekend from UNCW and I couldn't ask for a better place to stay! Thanks comfort inn! Oh and the water is delicious that they have in the lobby!!! I drank it all day!!!!
""Rooms with REFRIGERATORS are first come first serve for King Size Rooms" Continental Breakfast a JOKE!"
05/02/15 Tricia W
One of the primary things I look for when looking at room amenities is a REFRIGERATOR, yes, this was listed as an amenity at this hotel. Check in was 3 pm, got there at 2:45 and was allowed to check in. While unpacking, I went to put my MEDICATION and drinks in the refrigerator only to discover, there was no refrigerator in the King size room! I went back down stairs, only to be informed that rooms that have refrigerators are first come, first serve, in addition, their King Size Rooms normally do not have refrigerators! Another deciding factor in selecting Comfort Inn was a decent breakfast. My last Comfort Inn stay was in Charlotte, NC, room was as I expected, continental breakfast was fully stocked with toasters and waffle irons in proper working order. NOT THE CASE HERE, no selection of eggs; only one breakfast meat; and a long line to use one working waffle iron. So, I went to go fix a bagel instead, however, there was only one toaster with only one side working, and again, another line. As much I was impressed with my stay at the Comfort Inn in Charlotte, I was disappointed in the quality, and caviler attitude of the Comfort Inn University, Wilmington, NC. I'm not normally one to complain, but as I thought about my stay, I felt it was important to make anyone considering booking here aware of what may happen to you.
"A DISASTER!"
04/27/15 MsShan89 Hamilton, New Jersey
bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs!!! I would never recommend this place! As soon as we laid down we got bit up! They were all over our clothes. They didn't refund me my money. I was there for my family reunion i will not stay there again! DO NOT STAY HERE!
"Pretty Good Stay"
04/14/15 Anthony H
If you look other places and see reviews of this hotel, you'd think it was a bad place to stay. Nothing could be further from the truth. The receptionist was very pleasant and the room was awsome. The bed slept great. I honestly wish I could have taken the thing with me. The room is very spacious and neat. W-Fi was pretty good. The bathroom was great and the sink was very pretty. All in all, it was a great stay. I've been to luxury hotels before and the amenities dwarf the room. There was an even kiel between both here. Honestly, I'd prefer to stay at a hotel like this. I'm a simple guy, I guess.
"Really? "
04/09/15 GSheffield
It might just be me, but I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels (Elite Diamond) and it seems my experiences keep getting worse. This is just ridiculous. Hookers out front trying to sell their goods (of you can call it that). Then a loud fight from their room at 12:15am, and I have to be up at 5:30am, wakes me up and nobody even calls the front desk. Definitely not a family friendly hotel. I'm going to try and find a different hotel next week.