All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
151 S College Road, Wilmington, NC, 28403, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

2.7
"GOOD LOCATION"
ROOM ALWAYS FELT DAMP. EMPLOYEES AT THE DESK WERE VERY NICE. THEY ARE UPDATING AND HAVE A WAY TO GO. OVERALL GOOD
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Worst Comfort Inn experience EVER"
This hotel is in the process of renovation. Worst job I've ever seen … rooms are half complete… Finishing touches are whats missing … in our first room the toilet paper holder fell out of the wall, the shower curtain rod was almost completely pulled out of the wall - so much that we were unable to close the curtain - the sag of the rod made the curtain sag to the middle - water all over the bathroom … we requested a room change … 2nd room - toilet was not secured to wall properly allowing sewage gas to fill our bathroom … we complained & asked maintenance to fix to no avail … manager never seemed to be there when we were at the desk … Pass on this one - not up to Comfort Inn standards at all
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Best managed breakfast bar we have encountered in a long time. Clean breakfast bar and eating area. Equipment operated properly. Food, coffee freshly prepared and replenished frequently. No shortages. Lady in charge was out front and anticipating customer needs. Room was clean and in room equipment worked fine. Quiet even though we were near the elevator. Common area and exterior needed maintenance and appeared worn.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Okay for one night."
Staff was nice, but, not helpful. In the room the beds were the best thing about the room. The downside was we didn't have a remote control or a room phone. Our bathroom door wouldn't close all the way. I would say stay here if you are in a pinch or if it's just for one night.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Kay
"needs cleaning"
Rooms need a better cleaning and there was a smell of urine at the 3rd floor elevator area. We were there for several days and this was present every time we came and left.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Molly
Hotel seemed to be experiencing a identity crisis. Had a few earmarks of a decent hotel (floating bowl sink, granite counter, new mattresses) but certainly has a long way to go to make it somewhere I would consider staying again. There is a "pardon out dust" sign in the lobby however this can only cover so much. The walls were scarred and dirty. Corners were broken on the walls and never repaired. Doors to rooms were severely scarred almost to the point of looking like graffiti. Bathroom had a lot of mold on the ceiling. Floor was covered in sand when we checked in. Toilet had run marks from the tank where it had not been cleaned. This was not done over our 3 night stay either. Housekeeping didn't show up one day. On the flip side, the sheets were clean when we arrived and the breakfast was on par. I won't be staying here or in any other Comfort hotel again.
3 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Heidi
The hotel is under renovations which I understand but I asked for a non smoking room and as soon as I walked out of the elevator the stale smoke was in my face. The room had two incenses sticking out the window to try and get the smoke smell out of the room.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Not a nice hotel"
This hotel is not nice at all. Carpet looked gross and everything looked uncleaned. We checked in and checked out immediately. We were afraid of bed bugs due to the uncleanliness of the facility.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Don't waste your time or money"
This was the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were NOT clean, the tub and toilet had to be cleaned by us and the floors were sticky. The rooms had a musty smell and WORST OF ALL WE ENDED UP WITH BUG BITES ALL OVER US!!! The hotel staff seemed not to care about this and shrugged it off. Our rooms were never cleaned until we asked for it by the maid service that was in the hallway. Our towels were never refreshed. We went to the front desk to tell them we needed towels and they told us to bring them the dirty once before they would give us the clean fresh ones. We DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
CHRISTINE
first time booking a room through web service,most likely will not try this again.....bad experience!!!
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"comfy beds!"
The price was right and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean and sufficient. I wasn't to impressed with the breakfast as the de-caf coffee was not ready or at least the pot did not work. Coffee drinkers take their coffee vary seriously. Other wise, it was a good experience.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
islandgirl
"Dirty doors"
From the beginning the room door didn't open. The front desk staff was very pleasant and tried to fix the problem, however, it was still a challenge to open. The doors inside and out were dirty. The hallways were unfinished dirty and dark. Wall behind bed had a hole in it looks like unfinished work. The bed covers had stains. The bathroom sink was nice but bathroom wasn't finished. Dirty bathroom door and floor corners has construction dust. Needless to say, we will not return. I have stayed in hotels that were being renovated but never looked like this. I was going to tske photos and should have if I would have known I could post.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Worst hotel ever"
Terrible experience, we paid for 3 non smoking rooms and got smoking rooms, tub clogged up, rooms smelled terrible. Overall worst hotel I've ever stay in would not recommend!!! Stay away.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Liz
"Hotel is a safe neighborhood"
My main concerns with staying in hotels is the surrounding area and if I can get a good nights sleep. I don't care if some paint is peeling in the hallway or the carpets have old stains on them...The breakfast bar was more than adequate - cold and hot cereal, sausages, eggs, waffles, bagels, yogurt etc. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows. Unfortunately the week we stayed there, from wed to wed, coincided with parents weekend at the local college so Friday and Saturday nights were noisy!!! The rest of our stay was fine. We also stayed while they were having a 40% off promo so that was a great deal as well. If I were to stay here again I would first check and make sure the college was not having any major events as this hotel is so close and is probably the primary hotel that guests would be referred to.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Liz
"It's alright for a night ."
The room was alright until i went in the bathroom & saw a roach on the wall. The overall stay was ok though.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
"Adequate Facilities"
No Wi-Fi for Laptop unable to have Help Desk repair.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Norm
The hotel has been recently renovated and is almost completely finished. I was very pleased with the staff, the quality of the room and bedding! Great price!
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Not Quite What We Expected"
We came in to town for a concert over the weekend and were not in our room very often. The following issues would have been a problem if we were in the room more than just to sleep (the beds were super comfy btw): A/C did not work, no alarm clock in room, phone did not work, no bedside lamp (only one wall mounted light in the room), TV had horrible picture quality (wasn't expecting high def or anything, but picture was super fuzzy and pixelated), there was no microwave in the room when it said there would be on our room description at the time of booking, and not enough drawer space for the three of us to unpack our clothing for the weekend (just two small drawers in the TV stand). On the positive, the staff was super friendly and helpful. As we were basically only there at night to sleep we didn't address any of the issues with the staff until we checked out. I'm sure if we had brought the issues up to the staff they would've taken care of getting us a different room. It wasn't a big deal for us as the rates were cheap for a weekend and we were barely there. The hotel is undergoing some renovations, so I'm guessing that's why there were so many things not quite right. I'd wait to stay here again until the renovations are complete.
2 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"Hotel Near Walmart and all uptown stuff"
The place looks like it is going under remodeling, but the furniture in the room are all brand new but the paint is peeling in some places in the room along with some minor holes in the walls around the baseboard. The beds were comfortable. Not to bad.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
josh
Booked 3 rooms, phones did not work in any of the rooms. 1room didn't even have a phone in it. Front desk was notified and still no phone for entire stay. Was under construction so expected some inconvience.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Terry
"Good value close to the university"
This hotel was under renovation when my daughter and I stayed there, so the facilities themselves were not the best. I suspect that they will be much nicer when we stay there again, however. The staff was excellent and strove to make our stay enjoyable. If you are looking for a good price near UNCW, this is for you. One small annoyance: If you are driving to campus or to nearby businesses, a median in front of the hotel prevents you from turning left (the direction to campus), so you always have to go right and drive almost a mile before you have the opportunity to make a u-turn. If you're a walker, it's not a bad walk to the campus, as well as to restaurants and shops.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Lori
several things were not up to par, such as the pillows that were lousy and had an unpleasant smell. I woke up with a sore neck. The first floor is under construction which was not indicated online. Breakfast was disappointing with fruits that were not fresh and waffle mix that was not okay.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013

"Couples get away for"
It was a pleasant stay, rooms clean, view was okay could have more choice of hot breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn University

"Very Nice!"
07/06/15 tracy6369 MA
This is a very nice, reasonably priced hotel. Very clean and comfortable and the staff was helpful and pleasant. We have stayed in many different hotels/motels down along the East and this one stands out to be one of the best especially for the price. It would be even greater if they did not charge for pets but if they feel the need, then I hope they keep the extra charge small. The breakfast was very nice also.
"Katie"
06/22/15 eagenkatie Greensboro, North Carolina
This hotel was very comforting. The employees there were great and helpful. The pool was awesome. Breakfast was nice. The place looked recently remodel. The location was perfect, lots of restaurants and the beach was less then 10 minutes away. I would stay here again.
"Friendly & helpful staff"
06/22/15 Marsha H Winterville, North Carolina
We stayed here this time last year & was not a great experience as they were remodeling. This time it was a great experience. We loved the lemonade and cookies in the lobby each night. Staff were so nice and helpful. The elevator still is an issue as only one of them works but we took the stairs a lot - better for us anyway.
"Nasty hotel"
06/21/15 Beverly G
We only stayed one night and the place is very nasty, not clean. Our room was not good shower rod was hanging off the hinges and bathroom light was not working. Will need stay there again. I lysol the room as much as I could
"College Touring"
06/19/15 Mindy S North Carolina
We were pleased to check into a hotel so convenient to our destination of UNC Wilmington yet close to the beaches at Wrightsville and shopping at both mall and quaint local stores. The fresh baked cookies and popcorn awaiting our arrival were wonderful. Breakfast had all the basics from waffle to danish to cereal. Will definitely stay here again if needed.
"Property Keeps Improving Every time"
06/01/15 rstern8 Chicago Ridge, Illinois
I have stayed at this property for 25 years. It was great in the beginning, and started to decline 15 years ago. About 5 years ago, property was sold and the new owners have completed many rennovations Rooms are up to date; new furniture, fridges and Microwaves. Flat Screen TVs. Even new bed linens. Lobby is very nice. Pretty quiet property, but sometimes I can hear the doors slam. Usually stay on the 3rd or 4th floor with other business travelers. Bathrooms are a little bit smaller; and breakfast could offer more varieties; those are the only drawbacks. Always enjoy my business trips to Wilmington at the Comfort Inn-University.
"A Room With a View of the Factory Next Door"
05/27/15 Mulholland9 Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We were heading to a family wedding in downtown Wilmington and waited until the last minute to attempt to book a hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel housing the wedding party had sold out by that time, as had the other downtown venues nearby. We ended up finding lodging at the Comfort Inn University. After reading some of the reviews of this property here on Trip Advisor I was a little reluctant to stay here, although there were really no other options at that point. The hotel is actually located a fair distance from downtown, at the edge of the city, in an area that appears to be a hodgepodge of industrial plants, car lots, restaurants and private residences. In fact, our second-floor room had a splendid view of the factory abutting the hotel. Despite the outside of the hotel being painted a garish, 70's-era conflagration of inflammatory hues, the inside lobby is cool with a minimal decor that doesn't assault the senses, and the front desk staff was friendly and efficient during our stay. The container of water filled with lemons, and the plate of cookies were most welcome after our long drive, and added a nice touch to the lobby's ambience. However, once we were headed to our second-floor room it became evident that things were about to change. Obviously, there was significant work being done to renovate the property (I'd also read here that this was the case) but the room across from ours with the huge padlock on the door was disconcerting. The door to our room was standing open when we arrived, although a quick survey of said room failed to reveal any whip-wielding sadists hiding in the bathroom. Since the door hadn't been properly closed, it also failed to open with the room keys provided so we had to march back down to the lobby to obtain new keys that actually did work. Fortunately, the manager on duty was able to take care of our problem with brisk efficiency. Our room had the beginnings of an apparent renovation, but it appeared to have ended with the appealingly modern and comfy queen-size bed and new tiles on the bathroom floor. The rest of the room was a mess. The worn carpet had small, perfectly square black stains that seemed to either be dried paint or tar that had been on the bottom of some piece of furniture that had been setting in front of the closet. There is the possibility that someone had smudged some paint on the walls, perhaps to test the color tone, although I couldn't swear to this. The bathroom sink was an elegant raised glass affair housed on a hideous granite-ish counter atop a rickety wooden structure that held the towels and appeared to have been made in high school shop class. The bathtub/shower was a standard, 70ish, one-piece affair that is common in many hotels. And, of course, there was the aforementioned view of the factory which turned out to be not so bad, after all. A rather large community of feral cats appeared to have taken up residence below our window and it was interesting to watch their comings and goings during the brief times we were actually in our room. All in all, the room seemed to have most recently been used as a storeroom, and still in need of a complete makeover. It certainly didn't seem ready for overnight guests, although I do have to say that, despite the disarray, the appaling stains on the carpet and the general state of the room, it was clean, however incongruous that may sound. I'm giving the Comfort Inn University one star for cleanliness and one star for the bed, in which I slept improbably well. **There is a free breakfast offered but both mornings we were there, the breakfast area was extremely crowded and seemed a little chaotic, so I didn't bother.
"Very Comfortable Beds"
05/27/15 Itbnitra Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The beds at the Comfort Inn University are are dream. They are so comfortable. You are guaranteed a great night's sleep. The hotel was being renovated, but that wasn't a problem. I would recommend this hotel while staying in Wilmington.
"Great Place to Stay."
05/22/15 baberanza Pennsylvania
I stayed here in April for 5 days and it was nothing short of excellent. The staff was hospitable and warm, not only upon check-in, but for the duration of my stay. I did not leave or enter that building without being greeted. The breakfast was great, it's a continental set-up, it's included with your stay and I couldn't ask for anything more. Free wifi was great as well! I work in hospitality and therefore check my room for cleanliness and bugs everywhere I stay as soon as I enter the room. My room was VERY clean, no dirt or evidence of bugs anywhere. The hotel has obviously been recently renovated and they did a great job with it. If you are expecting any certain amenity, do your research before staying as you would at any property. Because I was there for so long, a fridge was preferred and I called ahead to request one and they were able to accommodate me. We did not experience any late-night noise and if we had, I would have alerted the front desk so they were aware. The reviews make this place look hit or miss, but honestly it's a hit. If you're looking for something affordable, clean, comfortable, and not too far from downtown Wilmington, this is the place! I'll be staying again in August! :)
"It's okay, but stay elsewhere if you can."
05/18/15 Ro H Pittsboro, North Carolina
This is an old hotel, or at least one that has been exceedingly worn. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was adequate, and the room was okay, although the carpets weren't very clean (lots of small pieces of lint and paper around), and the smell in the room was--dank? I don't know the exact word. It didn't necessarily smell bad, just odd. What seemed like 50 layers of paint covered the walls, and there had been a failed attempt to modernize the bathroom. The room served it's purpose; the beds were comfortable and clean, and it is in a great location in terms of getting to the beaches or for downtown Wilmington. In a nutshell: stay somewhere else if you can, but this'll do in a pinch. Although I have to say, I will not stay there again, even if there isn't anything else available. I would rather cancel a trip to Wilmington than to stay at this hotel again. Just felt like I was being way overcharged for what it offered.