All hotels in Canton, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here320 Market Ave S, Canton, OH, 44702, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to leave this hotel throughout my stay. I booked based on the web site photos and location. I regretted it both days booked. The main lobby and common area was just as described, but once I went up to my room(210) there were two double beds that both were so beat down, the mattresses had sunk in the middle and my husband and I rolled into one another each night. Our television had an awful whine that was louder than the audio and made it almost impossible to enjoy any programs. The furniture had gouges and marks all over them and looked to be battered antiques. The water pressure was so poor that we needed to stand near the drain to wash. Our shower had soap scum imbedded into the grout. Once we went down to the pool and seen the condition of it, we talked of taking photos and complaining, there was several large patches of mold/algae on the bottom of the pool even though the water was clear in color. Someone had apparently unknowingly gotten into the pool before noticing the mold because there were a pair of soaked men's shorts left at poolside. The pool clearly should have been "out of Service". When I called down to ask for a small refrigerator, I was given a beat up/dirty unit that kept my drinks cool not cold. Although I didn't take any photos or complain to management, I will not be using this service in the future due to misrepresentation of the facility. Thank you for asking my opinion Sincerely, Kathleen Root
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Yikes...."
So, we didn't get the rooms we reserved on Hotels.com. They have been doing some upgrades to the hotel, so everything stinks like drywall and paint. Floor would've felt better to sleep on than the bed. Breakfast was some muffins and a little fruit bowl (drinks not included). Will never go back.
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
"Reservation Issue"
Reserved a two double bed room on Expedia and was bumped to a king room on check-in. Had to argue profusely with the hotel clerk to honor my request as I was traveling with my daughter and do not like to share a bed with her when I shouldn't have to. He kept saying that he didn't have a two double-bed to give me and my argument was that I was confirmed a two double bed, I asked for a two double bed and since it is 5pm there should still be some empty two double beds waiting for late check ins . I am here now so switch someone up and give me what I asked and was confirmed. He then said to me that he would then have to deal with the same issue with someone else later and I proceeded to ask him why it's OK to deal with me in this manner now?....the fact that I booked through Expedia?! I finally got the room I reserved and everything was quite nice, but we were low maintenance spending most of the day out of the hotel at the Civic Center. On other points, we ate there last year and it seemed slow and sub-par. We didn't eat there this year for that reason. No refrigerators or microwaves so at least take a cooler.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
After the remodel is over this hotel has a chance of becoming great
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"McKinley Grand"
McKinley Grand was refurbishing the Pool was closed for three of our seven day stay, they were also replacing carpet in other areas.
7 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
Yosh
"The good is really good, the bad isn't great"
Everything about the bed in the room, the food in the restaurant, and the quality they are trying to present is very good and would highly recommend it. The bad must be understood though. THEY DO NOT HAVE THERE OWN PARKING LOT. They are connected to public parking that is $7 a day, or a hotel parking pass for $8 total. There continental 'free' breakfast is not that great. The hotel needs some updating. It isn't in a very scenic part of town. You get the comfort of a 3-4 start hotel in the bed and recore at a lower price, as long as you understand there are draw backs. i would absolutely stay there again. The food really is amazing.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Hotel in an abandoned downtown"
Housekeeping was the greatest thing about this hotel. They were the only staff members that were consistently friendly. One waitress went above and beyond too. Rooms were old and beds very uncomfortable. When you walked out of the hotel, nothing but homeless people. Not the worst but definitely will not stay there again next year.
brandy
"good hotel needing minor improvement"
this was a nice hotel in very good location in old canton. they were remodeling at least 2 floors during my stay. the pool was closed also. I had some cobwebs in my room. the ice machines were not working on two floors. people were friendly and the service was good. all in all not to bad.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Andy Fischbach Sr.
"Reasonable for the price"
A pretty basic continental breakfast included, but had to pay extra for coffee, any other drinks, eggs etc.
7 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Hotel is good but service was not good"
Saturday, June 28, 2014 I got back to the hotel at about 3 PM, very tired, went up to the 6th floor, walked down the hallway, tried my key card, and it didn't work - even though it was never near a cell phone, etc. Went back down to the lobby, told the man at the front desk that my key didn't work and he said, "did it work this morning", and I told him I didn't try it when I left the room. He acted like I was inconveniencing him, and never said anything like "I'm sorry it didn't work" or "I'm sorry you had to make another trip down to the lobby". If he had simply said, "I'm sorry", it would have avoided the compound effect of a frustrating experience.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Don
"nice and comfortable"
The hotel is nice. Its a little run down in areas, but it looks like they are working ti fix it up. I don't know waht a previous poster was talking about in regard to old tv's ours wad a midern flat screen. Pool was nice, but hot tub was drained. Gym was Ok, with newer equipment. "Free" breakfast was a joke. Cereal, oatmeal and fruit only. Had to pay extra for coffee and juice. Overall the place was nice and the beds were comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Hotel being renovated and improving. Bar/restaurant doing an excellent job of taking care of their customers during remodeling. Food was great, service was great, very affordable.
4 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
Angie
"Staff makes the difference!"
We were in town for a wedding and other guests stayed here too. The hotel was sold out for the weekend and busy with weddings both nights we stayed. In addition, The Canton Blues Festival was taking place and this hotel was just two blocks away. The hotel is older, and slightly worn, but the room was clean and the staff, from front desk to housekeeping, couldn't have been nicer.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Staff was A Anthony at main desk star employee. However, disappointed that bath plug was broken which allowed shower only and there was no extra linen.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Our stay"
We went to this hotel thinking it was going to be really nice. It could use an update in the rooms. There were kids in the hallway being loud with my small children were trying to sleep. We asked to be moved to another floor. At first we were told someone would be right up to move us. Then they called and said they couldn't so we asked if we could pay to upgrade. He said he would have to talk to his manager and would get back with us, but never did. We were looking forward to the hot tub, which was broke and not working. Very disappointing!!!
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Krystina
"No continental breakfast"
Did not have any type of continental breakfast, waited 20 min for oatmeal and fruit but had to go so did not get anything. Actually, someone from another table after we placed our order, ordered eggs and sausage and that came out before we had to leave. Lesson learned to make sure has continential breakfast or plan for 30+ min for breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Nice hotel located heart of down town."
First time stay at hotel and was very pleased with staff especially front desk staff. Arrived very late at night for check in due to delay flight cause by bad weather and the front desk staff greeted me with a warm smile and made sure I have everything I needed to be comfortable. The staff in the pub area were very friendly and even assist with taking your order for breakfast. Hotel setting is the background of an old rustic vintage style.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Sylvia
"A Nice stay"
Room was clean and staff was friendly. The lobby and dining areas were pleasant and relaxing. Reception was welcoming and friendly....I would recommend to a friend and plan on staying again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Armand
"Not bad"
The hotel was just ok a bit outdated. The staff was friendly, especially the waitress we had for breakfast. Most places have free breakfast that come with much more than this place and we still had to pay for drinks which I thought was odd,however had no problem tipping our waitress.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Loud hotel"
-Was poorly cleaned or not cleaned at all. -Loud noises from other areas of level such as construction or doors being opened and closed in the middle of the night/12am-3am. -Typical bottles of trial size toiletries 1/2 used-no fresh or replaced commodities. -Overall it just felt gross and dirty.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"great stay!!!"
The McKinley is an older charming hotel that was clean and comfortable at an affordable price. The staff was friendly and courteous. It has off street parking that is free on the weekends or it has a parking garage for $8/day. There is a restaurant and guests receive complimentary breakfast. An added bonus is the lobby with its chandeliers, photos and information regarding president McKinley, providing an interesting history lesson. We would definitely stay here again!
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
chris
"it's a old hotel"
The hotel it's very old, carpet was dirty, very old TV's everywhere, I pay too much for the hotel. Customer service was great, but I would not recommend anybody to stay at this place due to the prize and the dirty and old tvs/
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Pablo Mares
"Hotel close to work"
Water would not heat up in shower. Hot tub was unavailable and pools water was too cold. We wanted to have an indoor pool and hot tub but we were unable to use them because of the condition.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"great hotel, friendly staff"
Great hotel, staff was more than accommodating and did everthing they could to make our stay enjoyable. Free shuttle to airport, advised me of the free street parking at night.
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
Hotel was disappointing for the price. We booked a king bed but were given 2 doubles. Carpet was stained and nasty looking, TV was outdated, remote didn't work, wallpaper peeling, shades had holes in them. Several people partying in the hallway till midnight and then in the room next to us till 3am.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Needs a good cleaning"
The staff were pleasant and helpful. The hallways were very dirty and in need of carpet cleaning and painting. The room was better maintained but the mattress rolled to one side and was very uncomfortable. This appears to have been a very nice hotel at one time but needs some attention. There was a lot of noise into the wee hours of the morning from other guests which was disturbing.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Ron
"Ok place"
Needs some updating, and my ac didn't work, but ok for a night or two.
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
"If I wanna be blue the I would've jumped in pool."
I wanna see improvement this is a decent area and should offer more to their guests the pool area was by far horrible.
Other trip May 17, 2014
married man
"Convenient to the Football Hall of Fame"
I stayed at the hotel for the Football Hall of Fame Marathon. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I inquired about the parking the front desk informed me about parking lot that was an extra fee but if I was willing to wait another hour street parking would be free for the weekend. So that was very nice of him. They were also very agreeable with a late day check out due to the race. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Joe D
"Annual stay - always very nice"
I stay at the McKinley Grand every year for a conference, and it is always a very pleasant stay. I had a special request this year, and the front desk staff was especially accommodating.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
H. Rae
"Elegant, central location"
The hotel was very clean and well-kept up. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Pillows too big for comfort, but I didn't ask for others, which I am sure the friendly staff would have provided. Super close to the Classic Car Museum and the First Ladies museum and other downtown attractions.The free wifi was extremely easy to use and accessible.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Old but Good"
Overall, the hotel is very clean and nice. Even though it appears as if the hotel is trying to keep the old appeal, I recommend an overall upgrade. Breakfast was good, but I think that the breakfast voucher should cover the beverage as well.
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Bowers
Nice hotel, friendly staff. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Food was a little overpriced and had to pay to park in parking garage across the street.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Sylvia
"Needs renovated, furniture in the rooms bad shape"
Needs renovated, furniture in the rooms is in very bad shape. No towels at the pool - told 1.5 hours to get them while we waited. Not a 3.5 star, no more than a 2.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice hotel in Canton, Ohio."
We only stayed at this hotel for one very short night, because we had to leave very early to catch a flight from the Akron-Canton airport. We wish it could have been a longer stay. The room was very nice and the bed very comfortable. We would stay there again.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Annika
"Kind of a let down"
Stayed here on our wedding night and they didn't do anything special for us (ie: no comp'd breakfast) Rooms could really use updated, just was nothing special at all, especially for the price.
Other trip May 3, 2014
linz
"Grand McKinley"
Nothing around hotel. Shared breakfast with homeless at McDonalds !
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
"Maybe nice 30 years ago?"
Disappointed. Room was old, dated, stained carpets, and peeling paint. There was no soundproofing at all. I could hear every conversation in the hall and adjacent rooms.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great hotel for the price!"
I loved this hotel for the price and location. It fit our needs well, and they were very accomidating to Runners staying there for HOF Half/Full Marathon letting us check out late for no fee. Would definately stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Tracy
"Close to the Football Hall of Fame"
We enjoyed the magnificent hotel accommodations, food, and service.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
"McKinley was awesome"
Great hotel with most helpful and friendly staff I've ever dealt with!
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Very accomodating"
When we arrived to our room, there was a strong chemical odor. We contacted the front desk to notify them and were changed to a different room and given free breakfast coupons for the inconvenience. We were disappointed to find out that the pool was closed for painting and not useable (this is where the smell came from).
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Ro
Overall a nice stay, as far as checking in to the hotel it was a little slow, had a mix-up with one of our rooms. I booked 4 rooms for a funeral stay 2 of the rooms were in my name with different dates which they ran together as one. The restaurant was great breakfast and dinner. But I really hated the pool was out of order, had to find something else for the children to do.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
TJJ
"Not what it appears"
I thought this might be a nicer place to stay than the average chain hotel that is why I booked. I soon found out it wasn't to my liking. Downtown Canton is dead unless it is Monday thru Friday. Train tracks are about 6 blocks away from several busy lines. Parking is an extra 8 dollars per day. No fridges, no free breakfast, nothing. Old tv's, and beds are not very comfortable. Some preventative maintenance is not being done. Carpet was coming up in my room. I feel bad for bashing this place because it could be very nice, and should be for Canton. I felt like I was the only one there. There is a lot of business coming into Canton and Canton needs this place to get it together. I did better at the Red Roof Inn, and the Hampton.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
phil
"upsetting"
I was very dissapointed with the lack of communication with hotel. Hotel.com says, king size bed...got two full size and had to sleep separate to my wife. Hotel.com coupon $25.00 off. McKinley does not honor coupon. Requested no house keeping. They still entered room!
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Check in was a little slow. I think they were understaffed for the amount of people coming in. The cleaning staff did a fantastic job! A few maintenance issues in the room, nothing major. Overall, an enjoyable stay. :)
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Old tv. Had a bar though...
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
"McKinley Grand"
The interior was cute with all the historical decor but our room needed a deep clean (dust around the edges of the carpet and had a stale smell). The towels were a little thin and worn but were clean. The televisions were aged and some of the furniture in the main lobby also needs replaced. For the cost it was a good value to just sleep and get up early but not sure I'd stay more then one night in a row.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Downtown stay on budget price"
It was a nice stay. The restaurant was excellent, as was the service I received from the front desk. I was awakened at 8 am by room service, which is a bit too early for my tastes.
2 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"close to event we had to attend"
I was more pleased with McKinley Hotel when I stayed in January this year. That time I had a room with a King size bed and my room was much cleaner - especially the bathroom. This stay in February the bathroom was not very clean. Hairs in the tub & sink. Paper on bathroom floor. I do like the workout room - I wasn't able to use it in February due to time constraints but in January it was very nice.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014