All hotels in Texas City, Texas, United States of America
1121 Highway 146 N, Texas City, TX, 77590, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
    Food is not good
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
"Horrible hotel ever"
Booked a room here 1 night standard room 2 double beds,non smoking refrigerator & microwave. What I received was totally different. So I was giving room 112 witch only had one bed broken picture frame and T.V with no remote. As I went to talk to management that day I was given an ultimatum take it or leave,because that was all they had available that time . Since we arrived late after visiting Kemah boardwalk I had no choice but to take it and have my kids sleep on the ground . The next day I attempted to talk to the morning management and was told she was out waling the hotel and was not available .I then left my phone number so I could be contacted but never received a call. I'm disappointed with HOTELS.COM and I will no longer use them for Future reservations
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Jesus
"You get what you pay for."
Reserved the room a couple of months ahead of time. Arrived Friday at about 4 pm. Check in was not an issue. Lobby was clean and appealing. People were friendly. I went to my room and found there was no refrigerator or micro-wave - which was to be included in my room rate. Had to go down to the front desk - because there are no instructions on the phone on how to reach the front desk - they said no problem and sent a refrigerator and micro-wave up to the second floor room in about 15 minutes. The lady that brought the refrigerator and micro-wave couldn't get them hooked up because she needed an extension cord with multiple outlets. She left and came back in about 10 minutes with an extension cord - which she couldn't use because it didn't have a ground on it. I told her to forget about the micro-wave and just hook up the refrigerator. I asked her to check out why the toilet wouldn't flush and why it was leaking on the floor. She left and said she would get a maintenance man. About 20 minutes later she showed up with a maintenance man. He was able to get the toilet and get it to work and cleaned up the water - but couldn't find any signs of the leaks origin. After he left I took a shower and tried to flush the toilet again. The toilet wouldn't work again. I did figure out where the leak was coming from. The goose neck trap on the toilet had a hair line crack. The shower tub had a bad stain - which looked like someone had decided to use the tub rather than the broken toilet.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Bad customer service."
Check in was at 3, I didn't get my room till 5 and I had to be somewhere at 6. I was late to my appointment because all 4 of us had to shower and get ready. The following day our room was done by the maid we had no towels.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
isabel
"Horrible"
Absolutely a dump. Rooms are nasty and reek of mold and sewage. Seedy looking area.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
The room was ok. But the service was amazing. Me and my boyfriend were going to Galveston for the weekend and had stayed with friends the night before but couldn't wait until 3 ( check in time . So we arrived at 8 Am and the woman at the front desk let us check in early.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
KayLeigh
Terrible night!! Smell, flys, wifii did not work, not manager on site, feel bad for customer desk lady, many rooms without cleen sheets, police came because many customers asking for solutions. worst motel 6 ever
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
miguel
First off room we book was not available then they wanted to give us another room but not at the rate expidea had quoted us then they wanted us to contact expedia and see what the problem was manager finally came around and honered price quoted but luckly I had that on my phone in writing or I don't I would have got it then had to wait on towels after we had been gone for ah few hours when they said they would put some in the room.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Arthur
"Find someplace else to stay"
Not a good place to stay. We were passing through the area and needed a place to sleep. We got there and checked in 11 pm immediately left next morning at 7. Would not recommend.
1 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
It was okay only there for 8 hrs, so it was fine would stay again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Nightmare Hotel"
This was by far the very worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!!!!!! And I stay in a lot of hotels. It should be shut down!!!!!! After putting us in a still dirty room, we had to finally get clean sheets and clean it ourselves. All other hotels were full. Nothing worked right in the room. It was just horrible, NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"my 4 days at motel 6"
Report# 1158383. Notowels, no soap, NO toilet paper! ! We also spoke with aanother guest who had no pillows! Curtain would not close. No light over makeup vanity. Trash all around property. I have pictures.
4 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
Arietta
"good enough"
The first room we got the light didn't work and it sounded like the water in the run was running so immediately I asked for another room the man stated that it was the room where the water doesn't turn off so when I asked why would give me the room if he knew it wasnt working and he smuggly replied that it was not him that booked the room and that it was hotels.com's fault for booking that room. The rooms smell of mildew but the room spray that we carry kills all of that. The microwave is bolted to the fridge and had to be moved over because the cord would not reach. There is no trash can in the room. Besides the ancient features of the room it was good enough because the bed was comfortable. You pay for what you get.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Natasha
"Hmm"
Switched rooms 3 times before giving up. Smoke in the first room. ( hotel is smoke free). I could smell the smoke before I even opened the door. The second room all the lights flickered when left on. Then third room electricity didn't even work so they put me back into the second room.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Rude employees"
The desk clerk was rude, our room keys didn't work and had to change rooms because of faulty locks.. No soap or shampoo.. Only one electrical plg worked.. Not even the one in the bathroom that had the house hairdryer! Very disappointed in our stay there.. I will NEVER stay there again!!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Sheri
"Price vs room good"
Price compared to room good. Needed shampoo in the room though. Only a bar of soap and only one pillow I queen bed!
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Cyndy
the hotel was outdated and the room smelled like cigarette smoke
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Price good for room"
Staff very nice. Was so helpful with a mix up with expedia. Will never use expedia again! Room clean, bummer no shampoo though, I had forgotten mine at home. Didn't expect 4.0 due to price.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Cyndy
"Stay Away"
This place should be shut down. Black mold, filthy, filthy, filthy. Enough said...
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Never again"
I will not ever get a room here again. The rooms had holes in the wall. The shower was dirty. I was not pleased at all.
Other trip May 31, 2015
upset customers
"Very dirty hotel!"
The toilet and sink were terrible and not working properly. I tried changing the room and the receptionist said that the hotel was completely full which was a lie, she was just being lazy. We went to walmart to buy pillows because the ones in the hotel were old an had yellow stains on them. I tried to cancel my two day reservation and the lady said that I had already been charged and that it would take five days to get my refund.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Nasty....don't stay here"
The bath room had black mold everywhere. The ice box had old food from previous person. The carpet was stained with black spots. The phone jack had been ripped out of the wall with wires hanging out of wall. Two bottles of bleach and three cans of lysol later.....and I made it through the night.......never again
Other trip May 27, 2015
Typical Motel 6. 2nd room had no fridge, microwave, clock, hairdryer, or trash cans. 1st room beds not finished, pillows on lampshades, pillowcases on dresser, only two towels.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Horrible hotel, staff, and experience!"
I reserved and paid for a room, one night, in advance, for myself, mother, and two young children to include a guarantee for a late check-in/arrival. It was just a layover stop so no need for grand accomodations and in past Motel 6 has been fine. However, this was by far the worst experience. Upon arrival there was actually another group of customers complaining about room cleanliness. When my turn to check in I was told my room was ready and got checked in and provided a key and direction to the room. I could not initially find it and drove back to office. He re-directed me after telling me how he had "told" me where to go already. He later walked out to direct me. I then had my mother and kids get out of car and we proceeded to room which was around the back in an unlit corridor. I opened the room door (filthy on outside) and was shocked when the door was opened. The room was EMPTY with exception of a lamp. No furniture, not even a table, no bed, nothing. Garbage bags over areas in room and it was extremely dirty. I went directly to office only to get a look of shock as though there was no awareness to the fact the room was not furnished. I was then told no other rooms available for night and a refund had to be handled thorugh Expedia. By this time it was almost midnight! Expedia did handle the refund and a new booking but the motel executive management will be hearing from me and a formal complaint will be filed. I would not recommend this location to anyone at all!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Samara
The hotel was run down. Rooms smelled. Didn't feel clean. Generally not a positive experience!
Other trip May 25, 2015
"not the worst place to stay"
Rooms arent equipped with refrigerator or microwave, beds are a little smaller then other motel 6 we've been to. We were given 3 pillows instead if 4, the pool had a sign that said towels available in lobby, so we go get tiwels and they said they didnt have any. Sign said rooms were $60 a night fir the room i paid $87 dollars for.the tub was elevated so my kids needed help getting in and out.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY KEEP ON DRIVING"
It was horrible, no maid service,when you turn water on black stuff came out of the faucet. Pillows very flat and stain. lumpy beds. The bathroom was full of mold.We complained they didnt even come to the room. We stayed here last year three times and it was good maybe because it was an LaQuinta prior to that. Maybe a different manager not sure but its run down or at least the room we were in was.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Rhonda
"nice stay and service"
enjoyed the stay
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Bad night in room"
Room # 117 smelled like jt had mildew in it. Trimming on the walls were coming off the door latch was broken. Some outlit plugs did no work.
1 night trip May 17, 2015
maria
For a cheap motel it was very clean and accommodating.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Sad stay"
Very old condition , rundown. it was fairly clean for the condition.Next to a Denny`s which was good.Have stayed at motel 6`s for many years in at least 20 states.It is hard to find one worse in my memory.Will not stay in this property again.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Evelyn
"Good service but hotel is in poor condition"
Front desk service was friendly and efficient. Carpet in the room was wet. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower was dirty. Noise level of the air conditioner and refrigerator woke me up multiple times.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Large, spotless room. Easy drive to Galveston"
First the good. Our room was huge and very clean. My wife is a real stickler and she had no complaints about the room. Now the not so good. It's a cheap hotel and you get no amenities. No coffee in the room, tiny pillows on the bed and no more available when requested, no free donuts for breakfast. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice not to have walked to the lobby for a cup of joe first thing in the morning. Now the bad. The outside of the hotel needs to be cleaned up. The sidewalks need powerwashing; the trashcans were overflowing; weeds were growing up through the sidewalks. I was really fearful of the room conditions as we drove around the lot. However, as mentioned above, the room was spotless. The pool? I wouldn't let my pet pig get into the pool. I believe Jimmy Carter was in office the last time the tiles were scrubbed. Finally, the neighborhood: it was OK. Texas City is an industrial town and nobody goes there for the ambiance. There is a Denny's in the same parking lot and other restaurants and stores acroos the highway. We stayed there because we wanted a cheap hotel close to Galveston. That's what we got and it was fine inside the room. Close your eyes driving through the parking lot and the place is OK for a cheap hotel. I would recommend it for someone more interested in having fun on Galveston than hanging around in a hotel
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Hotel room was dirty. Had bugs in it.."
Horrible place to stay. Will NEVER STAY at a MOTEL 6 AGAIN.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Horrible hotel"
Phones did not work, microwave did not work. Water bugs by the room doors, rooms smelled. Did not use towels or bed covers wanted to get a refund a there was no manager around so we had to stay to Avoid losing our money . There dod be a manager avaable at all times to help the attendant. Sgd seemed very stressed and all her answers were that she couldn't do anything about it!!
Other trip May 10, 2015
Cathy
"The only thing I can say is this Motel 6 Rocks."
My over all stay was excellent. The G.M. and day and evening staff were exceptionally professional. Im handicapped and they went out of their way to accommodate me. I wished I had their names with me but they are locked in my luggage. I plan on going on Motel 6 personal web site and recognizing each and every personall that showed and protraited excellent service. Once again, Motel 6 thank you for making my stay enjoyable. Autumn M. K.
3 night business trip May 1, 2015
Autumn M
"From bad to great Bad to excellent"
We started out in a room with no hot water, a broken refrigerator and phone. The staff changed our room as soon as one opened up and it was large, comfortable and in perfect working order.
Other trip May 5, 2015
toot
"No Hot Water"
First impression was one of the headboards on a bed was hanging crooked on the wall. Light switch did not work. Had to clean hair out of the bathtub, only to find there was absolutely zero hot water available. Called front desk, they said to wait a few minutes. After an hour, still no hot water. Took cold shower. Woke up the next morning, still no hot water. This hotel should be removed from your site. Horrible stay.
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
jeff
"Easy to reach from Galveston"
This motel is reasonable alternative for similar lodging in Galveston if there is no room closer to the beach.
Other trip May 4, 2015
SPB
"road trip"
not enough towels but reception tried his best.had discount for denny's which we could walk to for dinner and breakfast.hotel was better than the one offered in galviston which should have been condemned.pity we had to drive all the way to texas for a hotel.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Disappointing"
The 1st room we got was very disappointing: baseboards damaged, running water in the tub, no lights by the bed, no blankets! It's the first time I am staying somewhere with no blankets. Only two flat sheets instead of a sheet and a blanket. After I brought up the issues to the front desk, they treated me nicely and moved us to another room. The 2nd room was much more decent, no complaints. We stayed 3 nights. After 2 night stay when we came to our room, our key did not work. Our stuff was inside, but our key was deactivated. Went over to the front, the computers were down and they were not able to find our "check in slip" in the pile. Had to hang around for the computer to start. The front desk staff this time was not very customer oriented. The internet in the room worked only sporadically, only on occasion was able to read anything on line. Property and internet would rate 0 if I could, but only for the helpful staff in the first place when we had problems with the 1st room, I am putting 2 out of 5. This is the most ran down hotel I've ever stayed at. Would not come back and would not recommend to anybody. Location was great but much more needed to meet the basic needs.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Not important
"Horrible experience"
My stay was horrible. Upon entering the room I immediately noticed how smal, old and worn the pillows were. There was 1 dingy wash cloth and 2 towels in the room and the most horrific thing was the toilet was clogged with feces still in it. I called the front desk immediately request another room and they were completely booked. I was told I couldn't get a refund for 7 to 10 days because I didn't book directly with them. The front desk clerk eventually can amd cleaned the toilet with a washcloth similar to the one that was in the bathroom.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Eh"
Covers are to thin need a bigger blanket. There was icing in my fridge from the last person who stayed. They don't give little shampoos or conditioners. They never brought more towels when they fixed the room. All in all it was ok not amazing.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
nicole
"decent price for staying close to Galveston"
The price of the room was reasonable for what you got. The room was no thrills, clean, and easy to find. I enjoyed paying 89 dollars for a room compared to almost two hundred or more for the same type of room found on Galveston beach.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great Service"
I spent 3 nights here. The lamp on the table did not work and no it was not the bulb. The fridge was great, ice cold. The staff were great and honored do not disturb. I checked out but ended up forgetting all of my hang ups on the bed.I called them the next morning to see if they found them which they had.I asked if I could come by the following Thursday morning to pick them up and they said not a problem. I arrived Thursday and all of my hang ups were waiting for me. Thank you Staff at Motel 6 Texas City!
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Donald
"Felt dooped and ripped off."
Tub was not handicap accessible, He actually had to skip showering all together due to he would've had a very high risk of falling attempting to get in. Smell of smoke was very prominent in this supposed non smoking room.....went to kroger an had to purchase an additional $10 in smell good items to make it bearable. This should be credited back to my card for the additional purchases.....$86 is very high price for this run down motel and thats what i paid.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
lindsey
"Hotel was nice"
Had some trouble at first. Expedia listed one of the rooms I had reserved online for a certain price but when I went to the hotel to pay for the room, it was listed for a higher price. Hotel clerk showed me that she didn't have the option to change price that Expedia was the only one who could change it. Grateful I had printed out conformation. Long story short I called Expedia & was placed on hold on one line as the hotel clerk tried to explain the situation. If it wasn't for the helpful clerk who guide me in telling what to do I probably would have been without a room.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Beca
"Hotel overall was a nice and clean place to stay"
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Beca
"Close location to the port of Galveston."
When we arrived we had some problems with our reservation. Christina was very helpful. It did take a little bit to work things out but she worked with us the whole time.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Regina
"Fun"
It was a very excellent place to stay highly recommended...
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Jesus
"made my skin crawl out"
Worst place I ever stayed won't go back.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015