All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America

2.8
    2.8
    2.3
    2.9
I rarely respond to requests for comments on the hotels I stay in. In this case, I feel I must. This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in, in over thirty years of travel every week. This hotel is deplorable. Used CONDOMS were on the walkway to the rooms. Trash was everywhere. I would never stay here again and your company needs to take this off of your offering, regardless of price or location.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"It was close to our business meetings and conferes"
We were satisfied your services, breakfast, location and staff services.
6 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
Maqsoodul Hasan
"Great room"
The hotel staff morning worker Oscar was very rude, we booked 2 days through expedia and could only stay for 1day do to an emergency and they would not refund the 2nd day. Glad to see the place is closing down
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"Great room"
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"A Picture does tell the truth"
Got to the Hotel, and the place looked like a hunted - Hotel; A large tree was knocked down on the parking lot; and the hotel appeared like a cheap strip of questionable repute, and not as was pictured on the internet. Needless to say we decided to not stay there.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
RC
"What a mistake!"
I don't recommend this La Quinta to anyone. Once I arrived, I regretted my decision. The place itself looks old, in extreme need of maintenance. I honestly don't know why this hotel is still up and running. Once I got my room key, the stench of cigarettes was there to welcome me (I requested a non-smoking room which they claimed they did give me). I had to buy a plug-in febreeze air freshener and a small odor neutralizer for the bathroom because the smell was unbearable. The room service was nice and breakfast was decent (they have waffle makers). The only good thing about the hotel is the area it's in. Wonderful and plentiful choices of restaurants and further down the street is Memorial City Mall. Overall, I don't recommend this hotel and the rating for the hotel truly reflects upon it.
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2013
"Great location with nice staff!"
Great location with nice staff! Nearby 24-hour Danney's restaurant. The reception is quite helpful.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Dubin
"Dissapointing"
Beds were clean and comfortable, but there was mold in the bathrooms; toilet seat was broken; writing on the wall and furniture. Breakfast was pretty decent. In general, not up to par for La Quintas.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Overall the hotel was ok. Older hotel with "old" hotel problems. Staff friendly enough. Good variety of breakfast choices. Didn't like that the room door was an outside entrance.
3 night trip Sep 22, 2013
MLB
"Stay Somewhere Else"
As I was checking in, the desk staff mentioned that she was transferring to work at a different hotel b/c this hotel was closing down soon. This was not surprising to me, since the hotel management has put very little effort into keeping up the appearance of this hotel. My room was OK, I'd say 3 out of 5 stars, but the exterior of the hotel is completely run down. There is a pile of debris just sitting on the ground in front of the hotel. The parking lot needs to be repaved. All of the window A/C units are dripping water onto the sidewalk. As for my room, it was comfortable enough, but there was no "Do Not Disturb" sign in my room, so I made my own. Also, if you have any trouble stepping up or down, do not stay here. The bathtub was a good 6 inches above floor level. I hit my knee on the tub when stepping in, and I almost fell down when stepping out, b/c it was such a far step down. Basically, just save yourself the trouble and don't stay here. It's closing down soon anyways. There are plenty of other hotels right in this same area. Stay at one of those instead!
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Crystal
"LQ Wilcrest"
Not much of a hotel. No wifi as advertised. Room was damp. AC was very noisy. Not a good neighborhood. We will not return.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
TP
"close to our daughter"
The room was decent and clean, beds comfortable. Would have liked more toiletries and a hairdryer. Towels were ancient and very rough. The front desk clerk was awesome. The actual buildings were very old and exterior run down. It served the purpose of a few hours sleep after the ball game at a fair price.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
LC
"Ugh... Wouldn't stay there for free.."
Would not recommend. Looked like a hotel from a horror movie. Also, had a "stain" on the comforter, pink stuff on the toilet, and when I turned on the bath water it came out brown at first.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2013
"Unfortunate"
The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room was filthy.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2013
"horrible customer service"
They claim to have wifi in your room do not believe them.Stacy at the front desk said what do you expect it's free.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2013
did not even havemy reservaation wasted 3 hrs of my time hotel pool is not in use for last three weeks no internet just because the hotel is closing soon they think they can get by with bad conditions and false advertising about swimming pool and internet
3 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
"Staying there"
We were late checking in though we had called them to let them know we were going to be late and they gave our room away. We had to stay in a smoking room instead, because it was the only one available with two beds. The room wreaked. There was a random man's sock in the room, but the room did seem somewhat clean. Also the tub was chipped
1 night trip May 9, 2013
Courtney
"On the banks of Road River I-10"
The hotel is close to I-10 in the Houston energy corridor. Since travel in the outer loops of Houston relies heavily on the freeways, it is helpful to be near the transportation conduits. There is a Starbucks at the intersection a block to the west (about 0.7 miles walk on the freeway feeder). The hotel staff are very friendly. The air conditioning unit in our room was straining a little. But on the whole, we had no major complaints during our four night stay. I thought it was very good value for money.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Tubey
"Really get what you pay for"
The first room we were giving was so hot and smelled so bad. So we was giving a new room was cleaner but the sheets on the beds were so nasty had hair and pee stains and nut . Was giving clean sheet and we stayed . Staff was great free breakfeast was great. For 72.00 overall ok.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
pg
"A little scary"
Our room was reasonably well maintained, perhaps it was recently "face lifted." Check in clerk was friendly. The area felt very questionable regarding safety. I was very happy this was a trip withy husband. I would have felt very vulnerable if alone here.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2013
"Not all LaQuintas are the same"
With Air Conditioning out at home, I needed a cool place to sleep. I found this LaQuinta motel on line at an affordable price. The first room I was given was not hotel guest ready and needed to be cleaned. The phone in the room did not work. I called the front desk from my cell phone and was given another room. It was fairly clean. I do have a problem with hairy sheets and a dead roach in the air conditioner. There is a problem with the electrical system. The wall plug by the desk worked the first night and did not work the second night. My family also needed a room. They checked in to find the TV did not work, there was no refrigerator (needed for baby) and "this place is a dump, we are leaving."
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Good
4 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
Ernesto
"Definitely not a 2 star motel."
Needs renovating. Wi-Fi not working. didn't have bath towels. room was dirty, found a beer can and trash in the room. Only stayed one night.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Should have been rated a 1.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Room was very clean, Needs some updating. Not near as nice as some other LaQuintas I've stayed at. Breakfast was very good
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2013
"Terrible, dirty place"
Worst experience ever; terrible smell in and out of room.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2013
Prince
"Not up to standards"
Needs a facelift!
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Very dangerous.. $69/night is not cheap...."
The hotel has two buildings. One is the main building and the other one cross the street. The one cross the street is kind of far away from the main building and it's literally just cross the street (no security at all). Over the night I stayed there was a fight out of my room and somebody knocked my door very hard (she is drunk and looking for different room). I was very scared with my family. You can see the satellite image from the Google, please please do it before you book it. I paid $69 per night and it's not cheap at all.!!
2 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2013
Staff was great. Bed was comfotable. Loved linens. Bathroom needs updating.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"La Quinta Wilcrest"
Hotel location as needed. And overall condition well above for the price range.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
mzaza
"Not in a hurry to return to Houston"
This motel is quite old and although some maintenance has been performed, it left a lot to be desired. A hole in the carpet just inside the door could be a safety hazard. The center hinge on the door is missing. Electrical outlet between the beds has a multi-outlet adapter to accomodate today's electrical conveniences. Worst of all, the air around the whole motel smells like open sewer, which isn't something the motel can fix, but it is terrible. The staff, however, was very helpful and friendly during the whole week we were there.
6 night business trip Jul 6, 2013
Walt
"Close to beltway"
Room was very clean and comfortable
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
"Disappointing"
Customer service was a HUGE issue. Specifically with the front desk manager Stacey. I could have overlooked the other issues but her attitude was the worst! I have never been treated so badly. She made it perfectly obvious that helping me was nothing but an inconvenience. I will say this though, I called to report her and the customer service rep at La Quinta headquarters was extremely helpful. She assured me that this was an isolated incident, and that she would take care of it. That made me feel alot better.
8 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Not as good as we expected."
Rooms were not very inviting. Doors looked like they had been broken into. Curtains were stained and so were the sheets. Bathroom was rusty. Breakfast was strictly carb filled, coffee was horrible. Security and staff were helpful and kind. I think they took compassion on the poor souls who were fooled by the pictures on the website. Next time I will just get a room when I arrive since the savings I got through this site was a mere $3 a night.
7 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
What a dump they are tearing it down in a month and treat it like such
2 night business trip Jul 3, 2013
Not very good.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Average"
The hotel is alright for the price. I would stay there again if I am on a low budget. Be warned though, the hot water was barely warm. Besides this, it was just ok. If you have more money then stay somewhere else.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
Francisco
"Close to Denny's"
It was quiet and clean, close to Denny's which was good. Ice machine closet to room did not work. Otherwise was a goodnight's sleep
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
"Wilcrest La Quinta has seen better days"
Fopr sleeping there is nothing wrong with this hotel. It is clean, but the place has definitely seen better days. The pavement outside is pitted and there were cigarette butts around. It is a motel with individual air con. units that leak water onto the walkways and with the Houston heat I was never quite cool enough. My door would stick, so I had a hard time opening it. There is a pool. I did not have a chance to use it. Internet was intermittent (I was told I only got it when room 181 had it turned on.) For 1/2 my stay I had no internet. So... I would have gone with a cheaper hotel without internet since they didn't have it consistently. I probably won't stay here again. The staff were very nice. The breakfast was okay - but all carbs (except boiled eggs) - oatmeal, Tx shaped waffles (you make), muffins. Others would probably like it, but not useful to me.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
WS
"Limited use"
The bed was very uncomfortable. My son found an old sock under the bed.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
"Ok for the price."
Older hotel, much older than I thought. Must've been one of the first La Quinta hotels ever built. It was a comfortable stay. Not much to brag about just a comfortable place to lay your head.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2013
Deon
"convenience to many necessary businesses"
I was there 6 hrs. really liked your front man Robert, very personable and helpful, liked the breakfast bar, will probably stay there again, take care, will
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Only thing decent was the price."
Room was run down. Light in bathroom didn't work. Door stability was questionable. Not even up to par with other La Quintas.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Hotel was old and dirty. Free Wi-Fi didn't work. All the rooms smell like smoke..
1 night family trip May 27, 2013
"Best place for low price"
I think if you want to stay in a nice comfortable clean place in Houston with a low price you better go to this place.
Other trip May 30, 2013
"close to family event"
Older building that has been remodeled. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Would stay again.
2 night trip May 22, 2013
"Bad service, bath tub drain issue, car brea-in"
Dreadful is the correct word. It all started when they gave me a room which smelled dreadful bcoz of d previous guest's smoking habit. Wen we eventaully got our room changed, the key card the receptionist gave us, didnt work. The bath tub took ages to drain, the complaint was in vain.. AC didnt help either.. (I keep 70 normally). Houston summer! Finally wen there was a break-in in my car. I didnt keep any valuables in my car.. So I was fortunate.. I just told the receptionist during my check out.. I will never go to the hotel again!
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Not what was expected"
When I went online, The hotel photos that were shown was not what I saw once I arrived. This should be a Motel.. I have seen Motel 6 better looking then this facility......
3 night business trip May 14, 2013
"Worst Experience Ever"
The Towels had turned black. There is no water to buy from. The receptionist was not at all cordial. Yaaack!! this place should not be there on the Energy Corridor at all.
3 night business trip May 6, 2013
Vara
"Don't book during conventions"
Reserved non-smoking room - got a smoking one. Could not handle a 3:00pm check in. Manager on duty Did. Not. Care. Client unhappy.
1 night trip May 5, 2013