All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here11113 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX, 77079, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1593

2.8
    2.8
    2.3
    2.9
"Ewwwww"
Booked this place without researching. Go to the lobby to check in, I'm the only customer. The guy at the front desk makes me wait for him to take THREE phone calls before addressing me, absolutely noticing I'm carrying a couple heavy bags. The room felt dingy and outdated. The light switches were grimy, the paint on the walls chipping, and the toilet wasn't completely flushed before I used it. It is right off I-10 and the freeway sounds are pretty loud. Tried to take a shower but there was no hot water. The room did not feel very safe either, all the other guests I saw were truck driver/blue collar men. Pretty much absolutely miserable in all categories. I was booked for a week and stayed one night. They did not charge me for the whole week, so that was kind of nice I suppose.
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Decent Stay"
upon entering the bathroom the first time I noticed white powder on the floor of the bathroom. small area but in the middle. walked thru it and then saw it. did not check to see what it was. just cleaned it up and disposed of it.
Other trip May 1, 2013
"In town for the BPMS150"
The motel was close to Tully Stadium where we stated the bicycle ride from
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
Allen C
"Staff friendly, but place is filthy"
I must say at the beginning that I have never had to leave a negative review before, but this was so bad, I must. Let's start with the positives. The staff was friendly, room was inexpensive, and there weren't bedbugs (always a worry). The room I had was not clean by any stretch of the imagination. The sheets were so dirty (like they had not been changed from previous guests) that I took them to a nearby laundry and washed them before I could sleep on them! Out of all the towels, only one appeared to be clean, so I took those to the laundry with me too. I would NEVER stay at this location again, and it makes me question the oversight of LaQuinta and it's properties.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"affordable with good location"
The only complain is that I asked for a non-smoking room but the room has that smoking smell.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2013
"General Hotel Stay for 3-days"
I did not care for the Sysco Refrigeration truck running into the night outside my room. They need to park these rigs away from visitor rooms. The overall condition of the room was not average, the hotel needs a major upgrade. The shower and sink did not drain properly, toilet was cracked and very low to floor... My room was not even cleaned one (1) day! I have stayed at La Quinta Inns many times and this was much below average. Not well maintained.
3 night business trip Apr 7, 2013
"Stay away!!"
There were a number of us that stayed at this hotel due to the great rate. In one room, there was a cockroach on the pillow. In another room, one out of the four outlets worked. Also lightbulbs were missing from the lamps. There was a horrible smell of mold in the room. It is a very dirty hotel. Stay away!!!
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
Every La Quinta in the Houston area have problems with Cable. The Univision Chanel doesn't not work. I also had problem connecting to Internet. OVERALL not to happy. I also don't like how every location have a different price per night.I feel that every location should be price the same.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2013
BB
"People make the difference!"
I was quite impressed with the quality of the hotel and people working there. The rooms are very clean, well laid out and the beds are AMAZING! Oscar, the front desk clerk, was very inviting and friendly. He put on a smile and greeted you like you were the only guest in the building!
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013
Shower didnt work in the morning and room was dirty with parts of furniture broken
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013
"Stay Far Away!!"
Some shady people hanging around the property at 12 midnight
1 night trip Mar 20, 2013
Layla
"can't really recommend it"
It's ok if you really need a place to sleep, but the rooms were small and there were no queen beds only full sized ones, so we ended up having to get another room, after all. No one was willing to even get in the pool. All in all, pretty disappointing. But cheap.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2013
"Grotty on the outside; very nice on the inside"
Needed to stay here for business. Looks pretty awful from the outside, so was a bit worried when I swiped the card in the door. But it looks like it's been newly refurbished. Really nice interior, quiet, comfortable. Enjoyed my stay.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2013
Paddy
"no power from outlets"
98% of the outlets didn't work so I could not charge my phone or laptop over night. Other than that the stay went very well. Clean rooms
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2013
Tiffany
"No the best option"
Room smelled and also found ticks on bed. Bathroom fan sounded like a old car engine. Sounded so loud you couldn't think and also sounded like it was going to fall apart. Room smelled so bad we changed rooms. Next room smelled like a smokers room. Wouldn't stay again.
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
Nice hotel for families. would've been nice if they have indoor pool.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
"Off IH 10 close on west side"
This is a Motel, which was not evident in the Photos. Its an average motel with lots of freeway noise. However, I was surprised with the comfort and cleanliness of the room. No frills, so if you get a good price it is okay for a night or two.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2013
"No-tell motel!"
After first being assigned a smoking room, we immediately switched to a non-smoking one which still smelled of cigarette smoke a bit. I suspected that the person in the adjoining room was smoking, there was a crack under the door and we also kept being woken up by their endless coughing. The room itself was tolerable, but just barely. I would have gone somewhere else if I hadn't prepaid and a refund may not have been given. I have stayed at other La Quinta hotels before and my previous experiences were wonderful, but this hotel will make me think twice before booking at a La Quinta in the future.
5 night trip Feb 14, 2013
Denise
"Close to very good Restaurants"
This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed overnight. La Quinta should be paying me to stay in that peticular hotel. I have stayed at other La Quinta Inns in various cities and my stays were very pleasurable, which was the main reason I booked the Wilcrest stay. I have my doubts abouts staying at another La Quinta Inn during any of my future trips.
4 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"Unfortunately, not at all like a normal La Quinta"
NOT at all the La Quinta I know. This was a highway Motel - not a hotel. No elevators, all outdoor walkways. Staff was friendly, but buildings were run-down. Non-smoking room smelled like a mix of cigarette and marijuana smoke. I am a smoker and can tell you the smell was STRONG - this room wasn't just smoked in, it was SMOKED in. Sheets were dirty and sink/mirror was not cleaned. TV did not work properly and room lights were flickering - A/C was not working properly either. Very old fixtures, though I could hear some construction during the day so they may have been updating some of the rooms. Some of the neighbors were "working the night" if you get what I mean. Again, the front desk staff was GREAT and service was amazing - but in the end, what I paid for this room didn't live up to standards. Not at all worth the cost - a motel 6 would have been better.
4 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"Well, what do you expect for $50 in Houston?"
The back section of this place is clearly "reserved" for less "professional" uses. The front facing area was filled with company trucks and rental cars. The pool was a mess. My room had a gap in the bottom of the door that clearly would allow rodent egress. The shower required stooping both because of the showerhead and the ceiling. Still . . .for $50/night it was a relative steal. The bed was fine, as long as the fan was on it was quiet enough and while it was not highspeed there was wi-fi. Skip the free breakfast and either try the new diner in the lot or a bunch of other places along the Katy Fwy. If I was travelling to Houston again, by myself (not with the Frau) I would stay there again as long as they would guarantee a room up front.
2 night trip Feb 19, 2013
J Roberts
"Not impressed"
The room has not been updated forever, there was a hole in the wall, there were stains all over the carpet and bedding, the bathroom was in bad need of repairs, there was some kind of dog/cat hair all over the fridge, the lobby was dirty, it is right next to a busy highway so the road noise was very loud as well.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
Kerry
"smokey inn...."
The pictures of the rooms has nothing to do with the room that I stayed in. There was a horrible smoke smell even though it suppose to be a non-smoking room. When bathroom door was closed, the smell in the bathroom got even worse. There were ppl waiting in a van at the parking lot. I endured it for a night but I did not feel safe at all. I would never ever go back to stay there. La Quinta is damaging their brand name by letting this place use it... Stay away for your well being!!!
1 night trip Jan 20, 2013
"ripped off"
Just dont waste your time?????
Business trip Jan 22, 2013
Vince
"Great location in Houston."
All staff were friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was plentiful in quality and quantity.
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
"Can't do better for the price"
No problems - clean room and quiet. My client was very happy.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2012
TC Smythe
"Not the 4 stars, but quite good."
The hotel is quite nice. The staff was particularly helpful as I checked in at 1 am and checked out at 5 am. The rooms were nice, with solid temperature control. Two issues I found, however, was the fridge hummed rather loudly and one closet door wouldn't open. Neither was needed (I unplugged the fridge at night), so it was fine. It's a decent location, with gas stations and restaurants within walking distance. It is right along a freeway and the walls aren't all too thick, so it can get somewhat noisy at times. Overall, I liked my brief stay. It's not perfect, but it works quite well and is very well priced. I'd happily return, if need be.
Other trip Nov 16, 2012
"Terrible"
Felt unsafe, room was horribly stinky, old and rusting away. Was noisy. Bathroom was rusting away.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2012
Tunc
The room was very nice and clean. All the appliences were in not working condition. Front office could not even replace the coffee machine.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Move on to your next option"
Stay was horrible, this motel was not very well maintained - there was NO hot water in the shower, the bathroom smelled like old wet towels, overall just a bad experience. i even asked to switch rooms and was told none were available - but the building i was staying in only had 2 cars in the parking lot and one was mine. A couple came and went within a few hours of checking into the room next to mine, so i'm assuming it's just one of "those kinds" of hotels if you know what i mean.
Business trip Sep 24, 2012
roger
"Hotel is "O.K." older looking hotel..."
Not a fancy hotel, just older looking outside. Pictures inside room did not match those provided by website, but wasnt bad.
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
"Cozy"
I loved this hotel, my room was very big and spacious, I loved the vanity in the bathroom. I caught all of the good movie channels and I could use my iPad with fast wifi. The room was clean and the area was actually quiet to say its right off the freeway. I enjoyed my stay overall, no complaints. There is a restraint in the same parking lot as the hotel and their food is sooooo good.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
Christina
"Good to stay"
It is in good location. Facilities are o.k. i recommend.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"No freezer, no microwave and AC is very week!"
No freezer, no microwave and AC is very week!No freezer, no microwave and AC is very week!No freezer, no microwave and AC is very week!
Other trip Aug 4, 2012
The first room I was put it smelled bad, had a person living next door with a barking dog and the phone nor TV worked. I called the office on my cell phone and no one answered. I went up to the front desk. The person working had a friend hanging around. I was moved to another room that was satisfactory.
Business trip Aug 4, 2012
Staff and accomodations are nice, would like more variety at breakfast.
Business trip Jul 31, 2012
"OK for the money"
This LaQuinta is old and in a questionable location, but the inside rooms are in decent shape and kept clean. The service was quick and friendly. This is a good place to stay for the price paid.
Other trip Jul 8, 2012
"Great Freeway Access"
Outside of hotel surrounded by a huge parking garage from a high rise. Staff were very friendly. There is a huge, very nice Mall right across the freeway from the hotel. Freeway access was great. Beds are very comfy. There was a connecting door to the room behind me, and some children, checking in late, tried to come into my room at 2 am. Front desk took care of it right away.
Other trip Jul 5, 2012
Johanne
"Great for a stay."
The rooms were a little warm, but we really were not there during the day long enough for it to be a problem. The campus looks a little "worn" but the rooms were well kept and comfortable.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
B. Monroe
"Get what you pay for"
Cheap and got what I paid for. No frills but clean room. If your room is near the nursery, beware their 4 am mulch dump truck delivery. There was also an old bag of trash that was there when I checked in and when I checked out.
Business trip Jun 16, 2012
La Quinta brand hotels that I have stayed at in the past are much nicer than this particular location. This one is really more of a motel than a hotel. Also the breakfast closed very early. Other than those points everything was fine.
Business trip Jun 14, 2012
"Personal stay"
We chose this location because it was convenient and central to the events we attended. In spite of being an older hotel, everything was fresh and clean. The staff was courteous and friendly.
Other trip May 29, 2012
B Woods
"EHH so so"
the beds were nice....staff was extremely rude 3/4 times we talked to them....we asked for a do not distrub three days in a row and got woken up every day.....the outside of the hotel smelled like sewage and the overall upkeep was not very well taken care of.....would have paid the extra ten dollars a night to smell clean air...
Other trip May 29, 2012
"Certain things are expected"
I had to tell the front office that the sheets, pillow covers and the pillows all had a strong stench. The stench of sweat. The bathroom light shade was covered with fungus and one of the bulbs was burned our. After these were fixed the stay there was good. The people were friendly. I think the supervisors do not inspect the rooms.
Business trip May 29, 2012

"Report filed"
The hotel was very dirt and old .The parking lot was in need of repairs . Dirty Landry area was a messy . The office area was very clean . The manger was no help when asking about wifi ,his comment was I have problem getting wifi on my phone in the office most time. It was here a number to call ,I heard this about ten time when I was sitting in the office area doing my reports.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Greg
"Dirty"
I've stayed in lots of mid range hotels in my life and always feel that "as long as it's clean . . . . ". I arrived late at night to a very worn out looking facility and indifferent front desk staff. Next morning went to have a shower only to find hair in the tub, a used bar of soap in soap dish and a used facecloth on the shower curtain rod. I told the front desk lady the next morning and they were very apologetic and polite. Said they'd take care of it, which they did. For the rest of the stay (5 days) the room was nicely cleaned. When I checked out I had to go search out the front desk gentleman. Took close to 5 minutes before he showed up. I said I need to check out. He looked in his file, pulled my bill, handed it to me and swung on his heals and went into the back room. No, "how was your stay?", "was everything alright?", "is your bill as expected?", "hope to see you again.", just walked out of the room. This place and these people are not doing any favors for the La Quinta brand.
5 night trip May 4, 2013
Al
"close to bear park houston"
very nice hotel - exactly what we expect as English tourists!
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2012
"My stay at La Quinta"
Very friendly staff. Bathroom laminate flooring had standing water under the tiles and water oozed up onto the tiles when standing on them. This was brought to the attention of the front desk cleark who said it would be looked into. Internet access was intermitant. The help desk for intertnet was helpful and immediate in their response. Some of the outside of the hotel was showing its age. Some of the second floor exterior walkways hat holes in the cement showing the the sub layer. It was not a tripping hazard though. A very nice self serve breakfast was available with lots of variety. I commend the staff on doing a good job on doing it well and above standard.
Other trip Oct 23, 2012

"Smell...."
The room was very durty and smell. I could smell at tab water also. I could not understand how they can assign this room and even I asked the microwave and refreigrator , the counter rady said 'you didn't request when you orderd with hotel.com' . Anyway if you want to go this hotel , then please check where is the room.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
KR
"Mal servicio en la recepción"
No me quisieron asignar cuarto porque llegue 20 minutos antes de las 3, la recepcionista estaba hablando por teléfono, luego regresamos ya tarde y me dieron un cuarto de fumar, la tv no funcionaba y sólo había una toalla, el cuarto olía horrible
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013