All hotels in La Porte, Texas, United States of America
1105 Highway 146 S, La Porte, TX, 77571, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Older hotel in need of updates"
This is not the nicest of hotels - it was a decent room, plenty of space. Great for those on a budget or per diem that need an inexpensive place to stay. Close to things to do, places to eat. I would likely not stay here again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Business Travel
"In between sylvan beach and kehma boardwalk"
Staff was great. Are room was upstairs the room overall was very nice bathtubs need to be updated and the air conditional was very loud every time it turned on but other then that is has great. So was there breakfast love waffles and a variety of other yummy food
Other trip May 13, 2014
tracy
"Dog Pound"
We requested a non-smoking room and no pets when I made reservation. When I check in my 1st room is a smoking one. Go to front desk and he states that it did not show up in his system because we booked through Expedia? Anyways he gives us another room and it smelled like wet dog. My sprayed the room with her perfume to make it bearable. Then the restroom sink had hair shavings all over the sink area, gross. The shower head looked like it had mold on it so we did not bother to take shower in it. We stayed in the room because the family was tired. When I checked out the next day I told the front desk about our experience and she said there was nothing she could do because I booked it through Exepedia? Is there anything you can do to compensate us for this horrible experience?
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
Phillip
"Excellent place to stay overnight before cruising."
Friendly and helpful front desk service. Great place to stay overnight before going on a cruise. Great Wi-Fi. Good breakfast. Front desk very helpful in calling a cruise shuttle service for us to get to the cruise terminal. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Convenient to Bayport cruise terminal."
Great hotel to stay overnight before going on a cruise. Front desk service was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we couldn't get a ground floor room, but the front desk person was nice enough to help us carry our big luggage upstairs. We learned that calling a taxi in that part of Houston was next to impossible. We called an hour ahead to reserve a yellow cap to go to the cruise terminal, and were told there is no guarantee we will get one if there is none happen to be nearby at that time. When the front desk learned our taxi never showed up they offered to call a cruise shuttle service they knew about and the shuttle came immediately. So if anyone is staying at the La Quinta inn prior to a cruise, your best bet is to take the hotel recommended shuttle to the cruise port. Excellent service and price.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Don't trust night crew!!"
Hotel room was a bit small. Front desk night auditor was not welcoming and he did not give us the right information for a single nights stay and that resulted in getting double charged. After complaining to the lady on the morning shift, she reversed the charge and stated that this was not the first time that the night auditors gave out wrong information. After all said and done we then had to wait a couple of days to get our money back.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
"Not a bad motel"
My room wasn't ready when I got there but that really wasn't a problem. It was clean and larger than I expected. Staff was nice. The breakfast is pretty typical free breakfast but I normally don't get to take advantage of it because I often leave before it is ready (I run and normally am out of town for a race) but they were all set up around 5:30 so I was able to grab a few things.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Unfavorable"
When I made the reservation I requested a ground floor due to my wife has a physical disability, We we arrived they didn't have a ground floor room, the room that they gave us stunk like smoke and didn't seem like it had been completely cleaned, The second night they had a 1st floor room for us, wouldn't give me a senior discount because we booked on line.
3 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
"conveniently on major highway"
The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing I would complain about was that the bathtub drained a little slowly but it wasn't blocked completely. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in the area.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
infrequent traveler
Older hotel but very clean. Overall stay was nice. Staff was friendly.
2 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"Highly Recommend"
The room was nice and the staff was friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Dirty"
The room needs updating, it was dingy, when we entered the room there were dirty Kleenex on the floor. We had very loud neighbors who were awake at all hours.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2013
Shawna
"Before the cruise"
Was a good place to stay before cruising, hotel was a bit old but comfortable. We were able to leave our car here while we went on the cruise. Breakfast was so-so. Staff was helpful.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Great Place for an Overnight Stay"
We stayed here the night before the La Porte Half Marathon, 17 November 2013. From the motel's location, Sylvan Beach, the start line was only about 3 miles. Location is very convenient. Also, right next door is the Bayshore Seafood restaurant; great seafood. Our room 114 was very nice, comfortable beds, clean linens, and a nice tv. All the necessary comfort items are present, such as a desk, the lamps in the room are plentiful, and a little coffee maker. FREE WiFi!! The bathroom is comfortable, not luxurious, but clean. The towels are a little thin, but seriously, this is not a five-star hotel, so I'm not complaining! The Continental breakfast was acceptable: cereal, toast, juices, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, tea and juice! All in all, the location is fantastic, and the staff was pleasant. A great value!
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Regina
"our stay"
our 2 night stay enabled us to see both the space station at Houston and visit Galveston. our bed was comfortable and clean sheets. The shower took some working before a good temperature was reached. All the staff where friendly and helpful. a cold buffet breakfast was included and was good value for money
2 night trip Nov 10, 2013
terry
"my stay"
I wish the ice machines were closer to the handicapped room.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
rhonda
"Room was located close to our event."
Room was comfortable and staff were polite and helpful. Only thing room needed was a little air freshner. Rooms close to the coast seem to always be alittle musty. Other than that it was an excellent value for a nice comfortable room. Pool area was great too. I will reccommend and stay there again.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Beds"
We paid for an extra person to stay in the room, there was no way 2 people would fit in a small bed like that.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
DIane
"Easy to find"
The overall stay was pretty good. There was an issue with the pool and they took care of it immediately. Would stay there again if I am in the area.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
Will
"Hotel nice but a little out ot the way"
The hotel was really nice for the price, but it was a little out of the way. The breakfast was really good. The staff was very nice and quick to act on problems we had. The room was very clean.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Tony
Enjoyed it very much and would definitely stay here again. Did see one bug in room and wasn't sure what it was however didn't let one bug spoil my trip. Look forward to seeing you guys again soon....
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Keith
"Close to Galvaston and Sylvan Beach"
We had a very nice experience with the staff and the hotel. This was one of the cheapest hotel that we found on the Internet for our short get-a-way vacation. It met our needs and allowed us to vacation with our family pets, Angel and Banditt.... This hotel did provide us with a refrigerator and microwave, as per request at no additional cost.....it is not a luxury hotel if this is what you are looking...it is a met the needs kind of hotel...should we be in the area again we will choose to stay in this hotel again.....the beach was extremely close and our dogs had a blast.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Roxi
"close to all must-see sights"
The beds were not the greatest. the breakfast was bad.
5 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Beatrice
"Ok"
It was ok room the beds were comfortable. They still had items the previous people who stayed at the room before us in the drawers. The hotel did have signs all over reminding you to protect your items in car and hotel make sure any valuable was not left behind in car and hotel vissible. That was the only thing that didn't make us comfortable. We didn't know the area and needed a room. There is a few places to get food or what you forgot at a store near by. Over all we slept a good night and did the job. We didn't do the complimentary breakfast it was to crowded and small area.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
Ireland
"Very comfortable beds and clean environment!"
We had a great time would love to come back again! Highly recommended for those who are down to earth and friendly!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Very nice experience."
Overall we had a great experience, specially for the front desk staff, I called letting them know we will be arriving late probably arround 9 pm. We had reservation for 2 double bed rooms. At the end we check in at 4pm, they had all the vacan rooms already assigned,bee just drove from Galveston and told them we need to take a shower. They talked to the cleaning staff so we could have a room A.S.A.P. we went to the pool and waited about 15- 20 min. The young girl came to get us to check in. The rooms were clean and breakfast was great.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"1 mile from beach but not too great a place."
I waited about 15 minutes to check out on my very first day...not the best service. People were yelling all hours of the night and nothing was done about it...not my first choice next go around.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
Raychar2
"Nice hotel to stay at for Graduation celebration."
It was comfortable and clean. I loved the air conditioner, I was able to lower the temperature in no time and cool off quick!
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Veronica
the internet said no pets. I called and they to me no refregerators. My room had one . My microwave was not hooked up, and the plug were the blow dryer was wasn't working. I was very upset. I was in Laporte to see my daughter graduate high school, and i was upset with the hotel. At breakfast there juice machine and microwave wasn't working. Oh and I had to have my towlet fixed would not flush
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Very Nice for the Price"
Rooms are clean and everything works.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
Orrell
"A++"
pet friendly....everyone was very nice
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Rudy and Linda
"good value"
It's nothing fancy, but good for the value
Family trip May 7, 2013
"Hotel location"
no complaints, very nice and clean, hotel amenities.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
J. Cortez
"Good Value and Clean property"
Older hotel but well maintained and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Excellent value for the money. Close to the highway so you might experience some traffic noise in teh mornings. Full HD cable was a nice touch!
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Harry
"Acceptable but no great shakes"
Not a bad place to stay, although a bit dog-eared around the edges. Beds were very comfortable and each had 4 pillows--nice! Would I stay there again. Possibly. There are so many comparable possibilities for the price that I wouldn't make it a priority to stay there. It was OK.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
Erv
"Continental breakfast"
The continental breakfast is lacking. The fruit was not fresh. Needs improvement in this area.
Trip with friends Feb 25, 2013
Darryl Nicholas
Clean and closes to the test lab
Business trip Feb 15, 2013
Jamye
"Highly Recommend La Quinta Inn"
Nice quality room for a Great Price! Very clean and comfortable. Air worked well. Very Pleased with added amenities such as the mini frig and microwave, along with hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Breakfast was included. Great Deal! Very Happy Customer! :)
2 night trip Nov 21, 2012
Christine
Very wonderful stay, just not near (with in blocks/walking distance) to main attractions
1 night trip Nov 19, 2012
Jarred & Alyssa
"Not Awesome"
The a/c didn't work properly. It would get really hot before it would kick on. The breakfast cereal was stale.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2012
Mesha
"A Pearl in an Oyster"
This motel is surrounded by the oil industry. It is also fairly close to the San Jacinto battleground and the USS Texas museum. But what an oasis! We were very spoiled by our stay. The breakfast was okay but with lots of food places close by it wasn't a factor. The grounds were terrific, the pool was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was great! It was very quite and clean. This motel will be our first choice if we come back to that area.
Romance trip Sep 30, 2012
Ken R
"Close to shopping"
My son and I stayed three nights and the staff was very accomadating.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012
Overall, it's great; however, I waited for five minutes at hotel lobby just to give my key to the lady in charge. I look forward to book on this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2012

"cruise stopover"
clean and comfortable and only 11 minutes from cruise terminal from which shuttle is offered. we also liked the fact there is lots of shopping and eating options within 5-8 minute walk. good breakfast and nice pool area.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
adam
"Close to many restaurants"
Walking distance from many restaurants. Takes a long time for a cab to arrive - cabs have to come from Houston. Hotel is definitely 2.5 star. Room service woke us up each morning at 8am - even the first morning when we hadn't checked in until 2am - then didn't return either day.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
sharon
"Gets the job done"
Very, very cozy, comfy beds! Decent continental breakfast.Only complaint was that our room reeked of cigarette smoke.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014

"proximite route"
juste pour une nuit étape
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
ludo
FR
"Schönes hotel in guter Lage"
Ein sehr angenehmes Hotel, um Houston zu erkunden. Wir waren positiv überrascht von der schönen Umgebung und der guten Lage auch zu nah gelegenen Sehenswürdigkeiten. Man kann sehr gut in Richtung Galveston wie auch in Richtung Beaumont fahren.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Tilo
DE
"good value-for-oney / Bueno en costo-beneficio"
The shower was kind of rusty and the mini-fridge was noisy (I unplugged it for the night). Other than that it was a good value-for-money deal. El baño tenía un poco de corrosión y el frigobar hacía mucho ruido (mejor lo desconecté). Fuera de ahí, estuvo bien por el precio que pagué.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Omar
MX
Bon séjour pour un arrêt d'étape
1 night trip May 30, 2013