All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here9902 Gulf Fwy, Houston, TX, 77034, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.7
    2.8
    2.8
    2.4
    2.3
"Not up to Baymont Inns & Suites standards. I hope!"
Our feet became dirty just walking on the carpet. The sheets were torn and we found some sort of seeds left on the sheets when the bed was made. That tells me that the sheets had probably not been changed from the previous guest. The sheets were also torn in several places. Several fixtures were severely rusted. Paint was peeling from the ceiling. Towels and washcloths were the same thickness and grit as sandpaper. You had to hold the toilet handle down in order to get toilet paper flushed, so we were afraid to use it for anything 'solid.' There was about a 3/16th of an inch gap along the latch side of the room's door, so there were mosquitoes in the room. When we checked out, instead of a receipt for me I was given a receipt with my name but someone else's address and credit card number (last four) on it showing a negative amount. We had no appetite for whatever might be offered as a breakfast, so we left early.... for Denny's. Long story short, if we hadn't arrived so late in the evening and had a Doctor's appointment early the next morning, we would not have stayed here, even though the room charges were non-refundable.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Lacking sleep
"Very Helpfull Staff"
I had to come to Houston TX. for business and stayed at the Baymont Inn. Ms. Jade LeBeauf was very help full in making my stay enjoyable. I would came back in the future.
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Clarence
"Bad location and not to be recommended!"
This Baymont-Hobby Houston hotel is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! The location is so scary and dark. The guests are laud and they keep coming even past midnight, no respect for other occupants. The room, the picture looks great but the real room...not recommend. Signs of deterioration and not well attended: light switches, table, shower tab, ceiling, ac...I was not able to sleep comfortably the whole night. DO NOT BE DECEIVE WITH THE PHOTOS DISPLAYED!
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Baymont Hotel
"Go somewhere else!!!"
Front desk staff rude and unfriendly. unwilling to accommodate whatsoever for amenities that were listed by the hotel and not supplied. Staff very defensive and it's understandable due to the horrible "street" guest that were there. But the staff must be trained to be "NICE" whether you're a street thug or royalty. Room was not cleaned and towels not changed. We stayed there just a couple of days and were out immediately!!. Location is ideal but I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"too deep inside road hot to find"
it not clean hotel,too much noise at night, no friendly
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
tom
"Drive way in is hidden a bit."
Hotel stay was nice but there was no iron in my room to iron my cloth. No wifi connection it asked for a password which I didn't have or was given one either. I have stayed there before over all is ok to sleep in after all.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Marco
"Please don't stay there"
I will not recommend,to anyone. My experience was terrible.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
shailender
"a bad dream"
Bad expirence did we have on this location prostitucion , drugs, is all around you rooms are nasty I will never visit this hotel again they need to send me and apology
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
The hotel was unkept,the room had an bad odor.it had mildew in the window .the carpet needed to be pulled up.the tub did not look like it had been cleaned in forever.i would not reccommend this hotel to no one. You get what u pay for.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
T.p.t
"Worst stay"
It was the worst stay. They promised refrigirator in the description of the room, but would not provide it. We ordered room for 4 persons, they did not provide enough towels. On any request they answered by "sorry, we have no now".
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
I was so upset that they ran out of tissue and told us there was nothing they could do :(
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Not satisfied no phone in the room and when asked there was a curt reply that it has been sent for repair. No coffee maker in t he room. The TV was not working The neighbourhood does not have any shops even for a bottle of water. I would not recommend this hotel at all for a business traveller
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
Balakrishnan
"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE"
If I could give this hotel a 0 I would. it was dirty, run down and dangerous. We were a late arrival from the airport or I wouldn't have stayed there, it was cleaner in our car, our room was dirty, there were cigarette burns in the sheets, the rusty shower bar fell off the wall, there was a hole in the ceiling, the lampshade was torn apart but shoved over the light bulb. When we left the next morning, there were fried chicken bones outside our door, someone had peed in the elevator and there must have been a fight as there was a bath towel with blood all over it. When I said something to the manager he just said sorry.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
dissatified customer
"Cigarettes smoke"
The smell of the cigarettes was unbearable and disgusting, I left the hotel smelling like cigarettes.
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Horrible, stay away."
We payed extra for a refrigerator and got a room without one. We were told there were no rooms available with one and we were told we wouldn't be refunded. We took pictures of a moldy wall in the closet, badly stained bath tub, badly stained carpet, ceiling peeling, AC unit didn't even have a cover so bare metal was showing, no clock in room, and there was no smoke detectors in the room. We asked to talk to a manager and was told one isn't there. We asked to talk to one via phone and we were told that they were not to be distributed so they couldn't get them for us.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
the wrost place that i have ever stay, expendia should not listed, i went to another hotel, BAD PLACE Can i get my money back?
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
BEN
"Horrible! We were only there for 15 mins"
We were impressed by the reviews and pictures on the website. When we arrived the lobby was nice and comfortable. Driving around the complex, our room was in the back, it was a little unsettling. Graffiti all over the walls and paint chipping off, more graffiti on the elevator door. When we arrived at our room as soon as we opened the door we all started coughing from the overwhelming smell of bleach and upon entering the smell did not dissipate. I went to use the restroom and the bathtub had large rust spots all over, and the shower curtain was just 2 cheap liner nothing more. And there was half a roll of toilet paper, no extra rolls. All the washcloths were stained brown and smelled of bleach. When we went to pull the sheets back on the bed, the entire set of bedding had a giant cigarette burn down to the mattress as if no one had changed them. We got the overall impression that it was a cheap crack motel, for lack of a better phrase.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Danielle
"dirty"
dirty carpets, bed sheets, toilet accumulates water on the floor.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Horriable Place"
First of all, hotel was hard to get to, on a back parking lot to an old strip center. Second, I paid extra to have a fridge and iron, neither were available.. the internet wasn't available either./ The pool? It was GREEN.. and the "breakfast" was stale bread and cereal. I was booked for three nights, but checked out after the 1st night and went elsewhere. I was in town for a funeral, and this place did nothing to reduce the stress for my kids or myself. They gave me a song and dance about refunding my other two nights (I pre-paid all nights through Hotel.com), and I'm still waiting on my refund a week later. I will NOT stay here again.
3 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Stacy A.
"Do not stay..."
Its very bad and not recommend
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
RR
"Terrible Choice"
Unfortunately this was so disappointing and should not be be a 2.9 total. The room was dirty, everything was very old, heard lots of complaints of broken items in rooms from other guests, and breakfast consisted of 2 cold cereals and white bread slices. We don't usually change rooms and don't need fancy but was ended up finding a different hotel after 1 night.
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Don't do it!!!!"
I should have paid more attention to where it was located. My first trip to Houston and I am way less than pleased. I think motel 6 would have been better. They never had towels the pool was green. Customer service was horrible from check in. The female behind the counter was too into her phone than checking me in. She also had a bad attitude and didn't explain anything to me as far as charges. I do not suggest ANYONE stay here.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Horrible night"
Location away from strategic, hiding behind the mexican restaurant. No shuttle from airport to hotel. Public transportation about 5 miles away. Horrible if you do not have a car. First night I got sting and sticky sheet, second night they changed. The carpet wet and oilly, if you barefoot inside your bedroom, your feet will be wet, dirty and oilly. Every night I have to report the key was not working.
3 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Bustaman
"Busy weekend"
It is not a superior hotel, but for the money it was OK.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Smithy
"I believe it is full of drug dealers."
Please get undercover drug agents to purge this place of drug deals.
5 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Horrible experience"
It was like nightmare. I could not sleep. A lot of mosquitos. Dirty. Only one icemaker machine works out of 6. I'll never stay in this hotel again
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Horrible hotel"
I didn't bother to stay since it was in horrible experience! I didn't bother to get my refund despite of awful customer service. It had a horrible smells , no towels, swimming pool was dirty and ect.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Mari
"Clean rooms, no wifi, very noisy AC in rooms"
Very clean rooms, if you travel this one will do it.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"No towels"
Comfy bed is about the only good thing about our stay.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Horrible stay!"
The room smelled of stale smoke even though it's listed as non-smoking. The ceiling plaster falling down a little bit every night onto the carpet in the corner of the room, in a form of fine powder. The light in the bathroom did not work even after several attempts to request for repair. No bath towels ready, had to go to front desk every time to request for new ones. Noisy air-conditioning, comes and goes at will. Unsavory characters among the guests, one day, police had to arrive because a fight broke out and one of them pulled a knife to threaten the others. Our worse experience ever, definitely will never return there and of course, no recommendations to anyone.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Molly
"Very dirty."
Could not use the pool because it was to dirty. Towels had boot prints on them. Internet did not work in the room. I would not recommend anyone stay here if cleanliness is important to you.
8 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"NO towels available?"
We had "one" bath towel and two hand towels. When I asked for a second bath towel and a wash clothe, I was informed none were available at this time. The continental breakfast consisted of white toast and cereal. WT?
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Malinda
"worst night ive spent in a hotel"
it was terrible half of the lights in the room didn't work they had no towels in the room and when I asked they gave me one towel for four people. the closet door was broken but I will admit the bed was comfortable that was all I could say that was nice
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
bettyboop
"Was not please"
Location was not in a good place. Was disturbed in the middle of the night with numerous knocks and don't know who they were. Overall, do not recommend this place at all. It's cheap and hotel seemed like a cheap place. Litterally!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Going downhill..."
This hotel has gone downhill since the last time we stayed there. Ran out of bath towels on first night, offer floor mats to dry ourselves. Clerk at the check in desk offers no knowledge of surround area (claims he drives into work 1 hour out and don't know the area). No ice bucket in room was offer a sterofoam cereal bowl as a bucket. No Wi Fi in room nor the lobby area (we stayed there 3 nights). No clues as to how to fix it. Breakfast was toasts with peanut butter and jelly or cereal. The only reason we stay there was the convenience of the location to Galvestion Island for fishing and the rate. You get what you paid for...
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Louielouie
"Baymont stay"
The place was a total disaster. I completely regret staying here, it was a waste. I arrived and then went over to my room and the key to the room was not working. I called to have it fixed and it took them 20 minutes while I stood in the heat. Someone came to open the door but it was not fixed. They said The maintenance guy was not in, an hour passed and nothing. I was going to shower when I realized I had no towels. I went downstairs to ask for towels and see if someone could fix my door. I went to my room and tried to use the wifi.. It was not working. I called they said they reset it but it didn't work throughout my whole stay. Finally the door was fixed and I realized the light on the mirror was out. I was so tired of it, I didn't complain. Ice machine out too, apparently nothing was working. The pool was close To green and dirty. We left to see the city and came back to realize our keys were not working at 1am. So off we went to get it taken care of. Lastly breakfast was a complete joke, there was stale bread and a jar of jelly. That was it. Aside from the area, it felt so unsafe and just dirty everyone. Needless to say it was the worst stay I have ever had anywhere. Never will I return.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Maria
Arrived late on a Sunday nite. After unpacking, turned on TV to find half the channels wouldn't come in (this changed thru out the week, some days better than others). The internet wasn't working, which is one of the reasons I picked this hotel. (Cost me extra to establish my internet connection) Breakfast in the morning: cereal, coffee and toast- no fruit. The rooms were fine, air conditioned and nice size bathrooms.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Tan
"Terrible!!"
After finally finding the place, got the room and despite it being a non smoking room, it was smoked out! Ceiling plaster was coming off of the ceiling, and the room didn't even have a phone to call the front desk to complain. Immediately left and got a room at The Marriott.
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
Edward
"I recommend against"
Not a nice hotel. The ownership clearly doesn't intend to keep this place in working order or to police the grounds. Lots of ne'er-do-wells around, no deadbolt on our door (had been removed) and the striker plate was removed as well, so the door was loose by about 3/4". There were no curtains on the walkway-facing window (only the sheers and drapes) and someone had used a bobby pin to tie the bottoms of the drapes across the open windows. There were serious sections of popcorn peeling from our ceiling. We left as quickly as we could and gave up our money. Stayed a mile or so away. This would be a good location if it was cleaned and revamped - otherwise, it's just scary.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
Spencer
"Cheap hotel is cheap for a reason"
No wifi. Tell them I want to leave, they find a room with wifi. Room does not have latch on privacy lock. Never fixed. Older property badly needs a remodeling. But appears to be in a downward spiral.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Chuck
"Overall Stay"
First impression was poor after driving through the taco stand- hotel is hidden behind other businesses and hard to find. Room was dirty and didn't have internet.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2014
"Don't stay here."
The WiFi internet didn't work. The phone to call the front desk about the WiFi didn't work. The entire hotel was out of Kleenex. The shower was nasty and short (shower head came to my chin). Stains on the carpet, the chair...ugh... Breakfast was two kinds of cereal and toast. That's all. Don't stay here.
Other trip May 24, 2014
We were in Town for a Family Member Funeral, chose for location Booked for two days Friday and check out on Sunday. We booked deluxe suite, on entering the first thing we saw was that one of the beds headboard was off wall exposing some type on material. Two people registered and one set of towels and no bath mat. (2) second room the hot water in the shower did not work, had to go get towels, television did not work. on the third room we just decided it was time to return home. I have never experience anything like this before. will never book with the hotel again
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Do NOT recommend"
Upon arrival, they would not let you in the lobby to check in. They have a small window outside that you talk through. Once checked in, I walked to room. I felt very unsafe in the area. It's in a very rough part of town and the hotel doesn't make you feel any more safe. The room had no towels so I called to request them and was told to walk to the front to pick up (they wouldn't deliver). The TV did not power on. The shelves in room were about to fall off the wall. The "continental" breakfast literally consisted of one type of cereal, milk, a loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly. The listing states they have a complimentary shuttle service. This does not exist. I had to pay extra and wait 30 minutes for a cab to make it to the airport. While eating breakfast, the lady working the front desk was saying f-words to her friend in the lobby with a guests small children around. I had a terrible experience and will never go back again. Don't waste your money. Spend an extra $30 and rent a nicer one down the road.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Jeremy
"Baymont Inn and Suites Houston"
This hotel was listed on Hotels.com as a 3 star hotel. Do not stay at this hotel! It is badly run down, In ill repair, and dirty. Appears to have tenants that may be engaging in criminal activities. There is no security and it is secluded off of the main road. I notified both Baymont Inn and Hotels.com of the condition of this hotel. All were kind enough to cooperate and cancel my reservation and refund my money.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Hotel was disgusting. Our door didn't shut all the way. No lock on the door. Only one towel in the room. Went to front desk for washcloths and they didn't have any. People talking and coming and going all night. Do not stay here.
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2014
"DIRTY CARPET"
AWFUL & TERRIBLE AREA, IN THE MIDDLE OF NOTHING AND VERY CREEPY & SUSPICIOUS GOING ON
Other trip May 19, 2014
CC
"Only good for sleeping."
This place is good if you will be out for most of the day and just need a place to sleep. It is not a great place for lounging around. The room wasn't cleaned properly when I arrived and the wifi wasn't working.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"not safe"
Lobby service was poor, felt ignored. Room was not safe with broken dead lock and half inch gab around door. Had 3 people in room and only given one towel and wash rag all 5 nights, even when asked for more. I tip maid well knowing they were just doing as they were told
5 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Curtains don't close, toilet not working well"
Won't go back - no curtains to close so people walking by outside can't see into your room. Toilet flushed intermittently.
4 night business trip May 5, 2014