All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
1801 W 86th St, Indianapolis, IN, 46260, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Great pool
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Hospital visit"
Had to move the mattress to access the extension cord to plug in my bi-PAP machine. Few items on the menu in the restaurant.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
Cynthia
"Close to the Naab Surgical Center"
close by, staff was okay, a little outdated as far as décor, but overall it was clean
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Mary Kay
"great value"
I visit Indy often and didn't know about this hotel. The price was less than the chain hotels and we found the rooms to be clean with comfortable bed. Had room at back of hotel and it was very quiet. Iwould definitely go back.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Deborah
a good value.....nothing fancy and the staff was quite pleasant.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Okay if you don't want an expensive hotel."
The hotel was okay, but the parking lot was in poor condition which reflects on the hotel. If they would clean that up, I think it would be a lot more inviting.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
M&L
"Best place for beef congress"
Was nice clean room. Just needs some usb charging ports and everything would of been perfect.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Andy
"Good for being close to hospital"
Needed a room for pre and post hospital outpatient surgery. The Marten House is an excellent choice for that. Room was spacious and had everything needed. We were not looking for a vacation experience. It is located adjacent to hospital and was perfect for what we needed. We had free internet and the staff was very helpful and the price was good.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"perfect for doing work in area"
A Plus
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
GENE
"Stinking Room"
When I walked in the room smelt like it hadn't been used in quite awhile. Just a bad old smell for over 100.00 a night it should of been better
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
jeff
"Old and in need of a renovation"
Old facility in need of a renovation. Rooms were dark, dingy and need an overhaul
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Very Nice Stay"
Room was clean and quiet. Beds were a little firm for my taste but we were very satisfied with our stay and would recommend and return.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Budget friendly property"
Marten House, although comfortable, was not what it used to be in the 1980s and 1990s. The decor reflects that time period-very outdated. Green wallpaper in the bathroom (ugh). That being said, the price was right for what we needed-a clean comfortable hotel for a few days while in town visiting family. Location is good-the area is not prime, such as downtown or other trendy area, but it is generally easy to get anywhere in the city because you are close to 465. Bed was very comfortable. Overall, would stay here again for same purpose.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
CL
"Old needs remodeling and much needed repair"
I took by boyfriend to Indy for his birthday, wanted something special. The room was clean and comfortable but the hotel is run down and needs remodeling. Pictures were deceiving, the hotel is in need of much needed repairs. Water rings on the ceiling, fixtures in the bathroom were loose.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Restful stay"
Our family drove several hours to Indianapolis to attend the state fair. Thus we were pretty tired and a little stressed from the drive. On arrival we were pleased to find the room was nice and comfortable although you can kind of tell that the buillding itself is somewhat older. The weekend buffet breakfast was reasonably priced and the food was very good, especially the "real" sausage and bacon. The staff was extremely helpful when we needed to book an additional room for more family members who joined us later in the weekend. If we need a hotel in Indianapolis again we will definitely consider this one.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
ann
"Hotelpital"
This hotel is very convenient for guests with family members convalescing at the nearby hospital. For those in Indy for other business or pleasure, a more cheery place in a different neighborhood would be more pleasant. It's a bit depressing and a little strange feeling. Still, it's clean and the in room fridge is quite large.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Very cheerful and helpful front desk staff. Room was clean and spacious. Hotel is conveniently located across street from Peyton Manning Cancer Center (visiting a relative at the Center was the reason for our stay). Family had fun in the pool-very clean and tidy. Did dine in the hotel dining room. Dining room staff was wonderful. Burgers were overly well done, other meals just fine. Nice stay despite our reason for being in the area.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Decent place for short stay"
The pictures on here are of the NEW conference room. The hotel portion is not shown much. Public areas are nicely lit and look clean, for the most part. Pool area looks very nice. There is an interesting smell through the halls. The rooms are OK, the toiletries are good actually. They give you shaving cream, sewing kit, toothpaste...this is the best part of it. The room lighting is decent, really dark carpets always make me feel i need to keep my sandals/shoes on at all times. No free breakfast, which is a bummer. All in all, for a one night stay I highly recommend it. Oh, I am pretty sure the hotel used to be part of the nearby hospital...at least that is my personal take on it.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Junior
"Great Room"
My room was very pleasant and the parking location gave me access to my room from several entries
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Terri
This is a nice hotel in a great area - close to shops, restaurants and hospital.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Nice hotel, close to St. Vincent's. The Indianapolis Children's Museum is close by and a must see if you have kids! There are many great restaurants close by. The hotel pool was nice, but was closed for 2 out of the 3 days we stayed. Housekeeping left the door to our room open after they cleaned it, but luckily none of our items went missing. They also started cleaning our room before we checked out on the last day, so we had to check out early.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Nice, but not fancy"
The hotel is clean & has a courteous staff. It's about 30 minutes from down town. The surrounding area has many eateries, Krogers/Whole foods grocers & stores like Walmart & office depot. Overall, you should have a comfortable stay.
5 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Not worth the money"
The front desk service was terrible, the room smelled, and the beds were so uncomfortable. Next time I will pay more to stay somewhere else.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Angelo
"old look"
The room was very outdated and not clean at all!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Travis
"close to hand center"
very convenient to my dr appt. breakfast buffet was good. bed was very good. hotel shows aging but so do a I.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Good hotel review"
Good place. Breakfast bar was good and very reasonably priced. Room price was good too. Will stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Decent hotel, good for the price."
Overall good quality, the staff I came across was nice. Very quiet for Memorial day weekend. Pool was nice, warm. Rooms were okay, nothing spectacular. A bit of a drive to any attractions. Not much around the area. Definitely geared to the business traveler or people visiting the adjoining medical facilities.
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2014
"close to the business i had to see"
very nice
1 night trip May 23, 2014
curtis
"Simple nice clean hotel"
This is a nice little hotel. Wasn't fancy but everything was very clean and well kept! Decent sized pool our bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was all very polite and helpful! Definitely a nice place to stay the night I've paid a lot more for much worse hotels!
Other trip May 26, 2014
Jerika
The hotel was clean but old... not very updated.
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
JOhnson
"Friendly staff"
The best part of this hotel is. That the front desk staff were so helpful and friendly. While the hotel room was clean and provides everything that a hotel room should (bed, bathroom,etc) the room was definitely outdated.
Other trip May 16, 2014
a
"close to st vincents hospital"
it was reasonably priced and convinent
1 night trip May 4, 2014
the lady at the front desk wasn't very professional. she acted like she didn't want to be there and was upset at a person who had called about a problem to another employee. place was need of a lot of....old and painted over is all I can say. it needs a big facelift on the inside. overall it was ok for the one night we needed to stay for a lacrosse game but wouldn't go there to say for a vacation. the GPS's we had didn't have it located at where it was so it wasn't easy to find
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Doug
"Old hotel"
The staff was friendly. However, the hotel is very worn, the beds were old, and the room smelled. We kept the window open all night to air it out.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Close to Carmel Marathon"
The room met our needs as we were in town for the marathon. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. Did not spend a lot of time in the room but for the price it was great.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
missy
"Why is this hotel still open?"
When checking the website for The Marten House, the photos and description are specific to the new conference portion of the property. None of the actual hotel rooms are part of this new construction, and the rooms we were shown have not been updated in the last thirty years. After being assigned a room, I returned to the desk to secure a better room, but even their "best" room was extremely worn out from the quilts, to the mattresses, flooring, and décor. It was very hard to go back to that hotel room to sleep for 3 nights. Shame on you, Marten House for misrepresenting yourselves, and for even remaining open. This hotel should have been bulldozed years ago!
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Clean rooms toilet was loose shower was ok. Pool was very nice. Wish they had atleast continental bfast. Beds were lil too hard for my taste.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
Lily
"ok"
room was clean, terrible parking lot condition, but overall ok for the price.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Phil
"Deferred Maintenance"
1) worn out sheets had lint balls, nearly thread bare; 2) kid-sized double bed: my toes were dangling off foot of bed; 3) I am taller than the showerhead; 4) bath drain was rusty (that's like a $12 repair, people); 5 parking lot & exterior could use some work, like resurfacing, maybe a good power wash. On the other hand, staff was nice and friendly. Common areas had newer furniture.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
CJM
The location of this hotel is wonderful. The hotel lobby and common areas are very nice. The rooms need updating! The photos shown were not the room we stayed in for 2 days. However, for our purpose staying here worked out well for us. We needed a place to sleep and it did serve that purpose. It looks like there is some type of renovation going on outside of the hotel. It is a perfect place if you have someone in St. Vincent's Hospital. It literally is next door and you don't have to drive there. Also located near restaurants, etc.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Parking facility"
The parking area was horrendous and the bathroom needs to be upgraded. Parking area look like construction was being done.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Cb
"Met my needs"
At this price, I think that the toilet should not wiggle when I set down. Too much patch work on wallpaper. Kick plates under vanities should be free of rust stains/runs.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Pat
"Hotel near surgery center"
Was looking for a hotel near surgery center and happened upon this place. It is a huge place, and looks abandoned, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The hallways were extremely long...bringing to mind the many zombie movies I have seen..lol..but there was no fear of needing security. There were few other guests, PLENTY of privacy. I can't give it an A-1 rating, but it was comfortable enough and only $90.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"Good job folks"
Staff made this stay very pleasant. Just wish the staff could have provided warmer weather:)
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
Alan
"it works"
met expectations
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Same as many reviews"
Hotel needs some major upgrades. One of the rooms was very smelly and somewhat unclean. When reported to the staff they just apologized. I asked for another room and was told none were available. I returned a short time later and as I was passing by the desk the girl said oh yes we have a room available to another customer. I can't say whether the person had a reservation or not I just assumed she did not
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"convenient access to the Lily Center"
I loved the people who worked there, esp the front desk
2 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Rich reed
Great pool area!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Disappointed with this Hotel"
The hotel did not live up to my expectations for the price. I thought the hotel room would be a little more updated but it was not.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Adequate"
There was no internet access, either in the room or in the lobby. No free breakfast, there was a restaurant on site. There was a large indoor pool and a place to sit or sun outdoors. The exercise room was good. There was only one person working the front desk at 9 am, which I would think would be the prime check-out time. There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"older building,but well maintained."
staff was helpful and nice attituides. we stayed two nights.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013