All hotels in Elgin, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here405 Airport Rd, Elgin, IL, 60123, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Highly recommended"
A little pricey but the room was very clean and the staff were more friendly and helpful than the staff in other hotels.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Overall OK"
The breakfast was OK. The AC unit in my room was very loud. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Arnie
"Friendly, clean, quiet--what else matters?"
Front desk people were terrific--cheerful without being too perky, helpful, and knowledgeable. Room was clean, well stocked, I slept like a rock, and it was very quiet--we were surprised to find an entire soccer team in the breakfast room in the morning; who knew? Not us! We had business downtown, and very easy to get to from this property. Easy on/off from the Interstate. We hope to stay here again--and hope to see the same staff when we do.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
"close to all things going on."
great room good hotel
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
randy
"Convenient for attending our scheduled function."
Front desk and morning staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"very close to attraction we visited"
Very comfortable stay love the coffee ! And the lady serving breakfast had amazing hospitality.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
heather
"great weekend for the girls"
pool was monopolized by a woman and her 4 screaming kids the first evening. Good breakfast both mornings and clean room
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
g grandma
"Easy to find"
The hotel was very easy to find. The desk service was excellent. The pool looked refreshing; although we didn't have time to use it. The room was very clean, a bit tight on space within it and had lumpy pillows; but overall well managed.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Just passing through
"Our 8 day stay"
The bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was great every morning Joanna was the best staff member very attentive and friendly. Keys to our room were inactivated everyday, which made it hard to get back into the hotel at night after 11p.m, if you don't have an operable key, you can't even get into the lobby, let alone your room. Our room wasn't cleaned one of the days we had stayed. Maids said it was at our request which it wasn't, especially since we had left early everyday. There was a sign on the pool saying that it was not open because it was being serviced. And an employee walked in on me while I was using the down stairs bathroom. I was sitting on the toilet, the button popped open on the door, and she walked in, stood there for a few seconds and left. I called the front desk, to explain what had happened, I was immediately connected to this same woman, who said argumentively, she did not use a key to get in to the bathroom, and that I had failed to lock the door! I did not fail to lock the door, and she failed to apologize! She was extremely rude! And unprofessional! Instead of arguing with me as soon as she got on the phone, she could have apologized, considering, I told the original person at the front desk which was a man, how embarrassed I was! Thanks Susan,for your creepy lack of hospitality, we won't be staying there again.
8 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
Eileen
"Freezing pool and smoking neighbor"
The check in staff was on the phone while checking us in or and prior to that was away for 15 minutes and no one else was available. When we checked in and were given our room key, we had to wait in the hallway for 15 minutes until they finished cleaning it. We had a neighbor who was smoking and disguised it with over powering cologne in the hallway. Upon entering our room, our room stunk of the cologne due to the adjoining room door. The pool was freezing and we only stayed for a very short time as our daughters lips were turning blue. This was the 2nd time staying @ a Hampton in a month and both were bad, we will not be staying @ any Hamptons again.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Sara
"Handen Inn does Vert Well again!"
I have literally travelled the world - all the way to Kathmandu and Mt Everest - and I have to say - that my Favorite Hotel - and I always try to stay is the Hamden Inn. They are not noisy - the staff are all extremely nice and of course I will always look forward to my next stay - Thank You
4 night trip May 24, 2013
"Very neat and clean"
Enjoyed our stay during our recent trip to Illinois for a baseball tournament. Very clean and comfortable place. Wish that the rooms had a small refrigerator though
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your good review! We try very hard to keep our hotel clean and well-appointed. We do have some rooms that have small refrigerators or you can always request for one and if we have any in storage can bring one up to your room . Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! Regards, Hampton Inn Management
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"close to different areas we needed to go to"
staff was execellent room was kept clean
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your review. We are glad you found that our staff was helpful and our rooms are kept clean. We pride ourselves on our wonderful team here at the Hampton Inn Elgin. We hope you return soon and enjoy another stay with us! Thank you Hampton Inn Management
4 night trip Apr 23, 2013
robert
"bad night!"
Hated it and very disappointed! The shower did not work, beds very uncomfortable.
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
On behalf of the Hampton Inn Elgin, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We do our best to ensure that our showers are checked on a routine maintenance visit to our rooms each week. Our beds are apart of the Hampton Cloud Nine experience with the Hampton Bed by Serta. We are disappointed to hear that you did not find our beds to be comfortable. We reassure you will see improvement and enjoy a more positive association with our hotel in the future. Sincerely, Hampton Inn Elgin Management
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
"More reasonable rate than Holiday Inn & Suites"
The Hampton Hotel staff were very accomadating. We desired a room on a lower floor, and the desk clerk arranged the room change. The only issues we found unfavorable with the room(212) was the floor carpetting was soiled with large spots in several areas that appeared to be brown in color. The bathroom light/vent was dirty & noisy when used. The desk chair was in very poor condition to use -arm rests ripped, backrest broken, unadjustable.The bed pillows were of poor quality, as was the mattress.
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed our hotel overall. We apologize that our carpets in the room did not appear to be at the highest level of cleanliness that we require to achieve. We have taken steps since your stay to make sure our carpets have been cleaned and the other items in room have been fixed, cleaned and maintained. We conduct inspections of all our rooms on a daily basis. Please come and stay with us again and you will find we have corrected the issues with the room and maintain a clean friendly hotel. Thank you, Hampton Inn Elgin
4 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
Rich J.
"Feels like home"
Such a great staff! Breakfast was one of the best. Only reason i down rated condition is because of obvious dings in some of the furniture in the room.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"poor"
This is the worst visit we ever had . we walk in our room and the bed had lumps in the bedspread. Bad look when you walk inn. The pillows were flat all 4 of them. It was hard to sleep with the pillows. We left and came back at 11pm., and they lock you out., they did not tell us we needed to use the key to get into the front door. They should tell all the guest that if you leave you need to use your key card to get in. Worst visit ever.
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your comments. We understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced here at our hotel. Our bedspread and pillows are apart of our Hampton Clean & Fresh bedding. Our bedspreads our covered by our duvets that are laundered every day for every guest. We also offer a choice of feather or foam pillow for your choosing on the bed. Our front doors do lock at 11pm for security reasons. We have signs posted through out the front lobby and near the doors letting guests know that the doors will be locked and a key is needed. We do have a phone in the vestibule so that you can contact the front desk if you have lost or forgotten your key to get into the hotel. We apologize again that this might have caused you inconvenience, however, we hope that you understand we only do this for everyone's safety. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Deepest Apologies Hampton Inn Elgin Management
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
Paula
It was a nice p;ace. The staff was very nice.
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you so much for your valued response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hampton Inn Management team
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Pat M
"Clean rooms"
The staff was very helpful. The checking was very easy and quick. The room was very clean. We had some teenagers running up and down the hallway at 3am, which was a bummer. The pool was small and very crowded with kids at very late hours. We used the pool the next day in the early morning and it was ok. The whirlpool that we were hoping to use was broken. Continental breakfast was excellent. The staff was constantly filling up the dishes and helping guests with whatever they needed.
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed our staff service and amenities. Hope to see you again soon! Kind Regards, Hampton Inn Management Team
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
vp-mama
"2 night stay"
Hotel staff was very friendly. Clean room and nice breakfast bar.
2 night trip Jan 25, 2013
"Good bargain"
The Hampton was a good deal and I highly recommend it. The included breakfast is way better than most at budget hotels and there are also coffee and tea 24 hours, free Internet, and a fitness room.
Other trip Jan 28, 2013
"Very Nice"
The motel was nicely decorated and felt more like a loung than a motel. There were plenty of table and chairs in the lobby. The room was comfortable and quiet. We were able to check in early and check out a little later than usual because of our circumstances. Definitely will stay again.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2012
tdpecs
"Pleasant stay"
Very friendly staff. Good breakfast choices and nice people helping. Room clean and quiet. Very good value for money.
Other trip Dec 17, 2012
"Good bargain"
This was a good deal--a nice room (with a working thermostat), good breakfast, tea and coffee 24 hrs, free Internet in the business center, exercise room--at a good price.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Close to Pheasant Run & Then Some"
Overall another nice Hampton Inn. I stay at these quite often because of cleanliness and breakfast. Price is competitive. No fridge or micro at this one. At least in our room. Starting to stay there more so I took interest in their rewards program though it looks like they give your info to others which I am not keen of. More spam and telemarketing which I don't need any more of. But I was interested and thought I would ask. The manager on duty had no idea or knowledge. Plus could not answer a couple of other questions that we had. She said that she worked there only for a month and a half. Which really told me that Hampton Inn/Hilton really don't train their staff to the best of their ability. Which as a whole is probably the one negative that I would say about this Hampton Inn. Though also the dining area wasn't as big as some of the others that I have stayed at in the past which made it close quarters for breakfast. Still would stay there again and would recommend. Randy in Rock Island
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
DeVo
"nice"
The room was comfortable and clean. The pool and hot tub were great. I would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2012
"Very nice staff"
It was a very nice and clean hotel with very nice and friendly staff. The only thing I could say would be that perhaps the bed isn't what I think of when I think of a Hampton. But other than that, the staff made it worth while and I would gladly stay here again!
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Clean and neat, but small room."
The hotel was neat and clean and had all the usual amenities of a Hampton Inn. The room we were in was smaller than I have seen at other locations but it was still adequate.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2012
A Humphrey
All personell were very helpful. We were very satisfied with all aspects of our stay.
Other trip Sep 14, 2012
"Good for the money"
This hotel was great for the money we paid. Although not sure how a smoking room costs less than a non smoking room. I booked a smoking room on accident an called an asked the hotel to change it an the lady at the front was very short an rude to me, telling me it would cost me more to switch to non smoking. But everything got worked out with no extra charge to me.Other than that the hotel was clean an very nice for the money. The breakfast was good also.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Comfortable night stay"
When I had arrived,I had accidentally said I would take a smoking or nonsmoking room, and I was placed in smoking room. The front desk clerk found a nonsmoking room for me immediately. The breakfast was not the typical free fare, but cheese omelets and sausages. The bed was comfortable and the hotel quiet.
Other trip Aug 23, 2012
Teresa
The hotel was very clean, and very quiet. Everyone employed there was very friendly, and helpful. Would stay there again if in Elgin!
Other trip Aug 5, 2012
"Brief, but great stay"
We were only there for a brief night, but were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, and the great breakfast options! We would definitely go back and stay here again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2012
bkk
The staff was very professional and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was better than the typical continental breakfast with various hot entrees each morning. The pool was small and crowded and the hot tub was under repair. Overall a very good value! I would stay again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2012
"family hotel"
breakfast was great. pool is small. easy access to toll. great for families
Other trip Jul 11, 2012
rutabeg
"Very Courteous Staff!"
I was doing a triathlon in the area, and stayed at this hotel so that I would not have to drive in from the city at an extremely early hour for the event. I asked the front desk if coffee could be made an hour earlier than the regular hours, so that I could have a cup before leaving for my race- the coffee was ready when I asked and they were very accomodating to other requests that I made. The property was very clean and easy to locate!
Other trip Jul 10, 2012
"CLEAN, great service, AWESOME breakfast!"
We stayed at the Hampton Inn during our travels from New York to Minnesota. We arrived around 12:30am. The hotel staff were prompt and check in, since I reserved with Expedia, was super quick. Our room was EXTREMELY clean and very userfriendly. I'm a very big critic of hotels, so for me to give this hotel all fives is very abnormal. Breakfast the next morning was awesome. The desk staff said they would have a few hot things, but when we got there they had a breakfast pizza, sausage, potatoes, hot oatmeal, waffles and more. It was a great way to start the morning. We also appreciated check out being at noon! I would highly recommend.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
Sam
Great location - close enough to the interstate to get there quickly, but not so close that you hear the traffic. The breakfast was very good and the room was very nice. The only thing I wish it has was a refrigerator in the room. Pool area/hot tub was also very nice. Overall great stay - would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
Shanna
"Recommended for a chain stay"
I had low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised by not only the cleanliness of our room, but the overall hotel upkeep as well. Additionally, the hotel was completely full but our room was quiet and the hotel well staffed.
Other trip Jun 11, 2012
Etienne
"Elgin trip"
room seemed a bit small - no mini-fridge That said, we had a great stay, awesome breakfast.
Other trip May 29, 2012
Gwen

"Still allowing smoking??"
The hotel was in an area that had other hotels nearby. It was convenient to I-90. It is old and shows its age. The hotel still smelled like a smoking hotel, the carpet is worn out. When we checked in no one told us the pool was closed "for renovation." We were there for three days and no one worked on it the entire time. They should make that clear to guests that there is not a pool or hot tub. Found a great little place to eat near the hotel called, "Alexandria's."
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you very much for your feedback! Regarding some specific items: The pool was down and unfortunately still is due to a major part and repairs needed that have not come in yet. It was an unexpected issue, but drastic enough to require us to close the pool for public safety. We do still have a few smoking rooms in our hotel. In the near future, we will be undergoing a major hotel refresh/renovation in which smoking rooms will be no longer, carpets, furniture and many other items will be updated. Glad you enjoyed Alexander's restaurant, they have great food! Kind Regards, Jason Dusenberry General Manager
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Nice Hotel, Great Breakfasts, Bad Pool"
The hotel itself is great. Friendly staff, nice clean rooms, and the warm continental were great!! The swimming pool however was very cold and the hot tub was very dirty with sand on the bottom and the odd ant floating on top. Otherwise it was a great place to stay!!
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Dawson
"Pleasant"
One never knows what to expecxt when booking on line sight unseen, this was a pleasant surprise.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Bob & Wanda

"sauber und guter Service"
Die Zimmer sind sauber und der Service ist gut, alle sind ständig bemüht einem den Auffenthalt so angenehm wie möglich zu gestalten. Gutes WiFi im Hotel. Kaffee und Tee 24 Std. in der Lobby. Frühstück ist für amerikanische Verhältnisse recht üppig, neben Waffeln, Rührei, Toast etc gibt es eine kleine Auswahl an Früchten, Müsli und Joghurt. Für Ausflüge eine gute Ausgangslage.Wir waren sehr zufrieden!
5 night trip Dec 26, 2012
Nadine B.
DE
"Gutes Preis / Leistungsverhältnis"
Sehr gutes Hotel für einen guten Preis. Wir haben es benutzt als Ankunftshotel damit wir nach dem langen Flug nichts suchen müssen. Hat sich sehr gelohnt. Jedoch etwas ausserhalb von Chicago was aber mit dem Auto nicht so tragisch ist.
Family trip Aug 13, 2012
manrique
Thank you for the four star review! Kind Regards, Hampton Inn Management
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your highly ranked review! We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area! Kind Regards, Hampton Inn Management
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Miguel
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for the four star rating! Hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014