All hotels in Elgin, Illinois, United States of America
405 Airport RdElginIL60123United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

Food is not good
    Bad pool
"I would stay here again!"
get stay overall. room price was very reasonable, staff very friendly!
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank you for your reply. We pride ourselves on having friendly staff and reasonable room rates in a clean and comfortable setting. Thanks for staying and hope to see you again soon! Kind Regards, Hampton Inn Management
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Clean and Courteous"
What we expected from Hampton
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Glad you enjoyed the stay! Hope to see you again! Kind Regards, Hampton Inn Management
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Clean & comfortable at a decent price"
Only stayed 1 night on our way through. Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced with a decent breakfast and a friendly staff. No info about the neighborhood but it seemed safe.
Response by Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin I 90
Thank your for your positive feedback! We enjoy having you here and are glad to know you were able to take advantage of some of our great amenities! Kind Regards, Hampton Inn Management
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Debbi
"Don't expect to work at night using WiFi."
Staff was friendly and room clean. There was no small refidgerator provided in room. Worse, I spent HOURS trying to type two single page reports using their WiFi. I was so angry I took my laptop to the counter and typed three paragraphs in front of the counter person and looked up to see twenty letters on the screen, spaced over what was to have been three paragraphs. Type a letter and wait an eternity for it to load/register. No embellishment. Try sending that to your boss. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
LT
"Convenient location"
Courteous, clean and peaceful!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Bob & Dianne
"OK but where's some ambulatory help"
Good. But I fell and needed a wheelchair or some crutches. The staff was no help. None. American hotels are the worst in the world.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Doug Norvell
"Hotel room floor was wet"
We have stayed at other Hampton Inns across the Midwest and they were very clean and comfortable so we decided to stay at this location. The staff was very nice. However the room was not. The second we walked in there was a very bad odor that lingered the entire stay, we only stayed fora night. That was one night too many. The floor of our room was damp. That made it very uncomfortable to walk barefoot in the room.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Disappointed
This was a great hotel. Staff was friendly and the breakfast that was included was great!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Dawn
"Can't expect to much"
Been here before, serves the purpose, was crowded and breakfast service was so-so. But it is decent to stay at.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Greg
I enjoyed everything about this hotel. The rooms are comfortable, modern and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. I only wish we got to stay more than one night. I would definitely return if ever back in that area.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Ruth
Very good service and clean. Good breakfast!
5 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Comfortable bed ,good pillows, good breakfast selection, bad gravy for biscuits. friendly staff. would stay again.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
mick
"Bad night's sleep"
Since I have triplet babies, I like to stay for a night at a local hotel every once in a while to catch up on sleep. I stayed at the Hampton Inn Elgin because of its proximity to my home. Although the room was clean enough, I will not go back to this hotel. I was given a room at the end of a hallway. Beginning around 6:40am the next morning, an exit door slammed every 10 mins or so until after 9am. The door slammed so hard that my bed actually slightly shook each time. To make things worse, housekeeping knocked on my door at 9:12am!!! I specifically chose the Hampton because of their 12pm check out time. I did not get rested at Hampton Inn Elgin. I wanted to speak to someone at check out, but no one was availae at the desk. I left a message via phone to note my complaint and asked for a manager to return my call. No one called. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Keri
The night person who registered us was a bit brusk and the morning person was helpful and cheery.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Nice & peaceful"
Very nice, quiet and clean. Very helpful at front desk. Nice breakfast.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
G
"Great Service"
I stayed overnight to attend a concert. Hotel was great, and the desk people were very helpful with restaurant locations and directions to the event at Festival Park. I especially appreciated the directions on Saturday morning for getting to Wisconsin without paying tolls!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
msruthannd
"College Registration"
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean. The pool and spa was clean and refreshing. Breakfast was delicious, and the hostess was a pleasant start to our morning. We will be staying there again. :)
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Judson bound
"Convenient enough"
We were just passing through and it was fine. Absolutely NOT their fault, but coming in from WI on the tollway there was 50 milse of roadwork with threatend fines of $300+, and absolutely not a single roadworker., Also, leaving to get on the tollway, you need change since there is just a mchine, not tollbooth with a person. Not their fault at all, but be prepared.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Ken
"Out of the way"
The hotel staff was very kind to us as we were using our room as a "hub" for funeral plans. The breakfast was good, the room was kept clean, the staff worked with us to get papers copied, and my request for a room with a microwave and mini fridge was honored. The hotel is somewhat hidden and there is no signage visible from the main street, so finding it was a bit of a challenge. I would stay there again...hopefully under different circumstances.
7 night trip May 31, 2014
Dianne
"Close to where AAU Basketball was being played"
Nice breakfast, clean rooms. Nice that the duvet is changed between guests.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Close to conference site"
Very nice. One exception was it noise of doors shutting and people talking in hallways with a hockey league that was staying there.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
DC
"Great staff"
I had a great experience overall.
2 night business trip May 10, 2014
juan
"Visiting Family"
Overall, it was fine. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. I was disappointed in the lack of a microwave and a refridgerator in the room. My family makes use of these appliances frequently. We had to search the hotel to find a microwave as a review of guest services in the hotel manual in our room did not mention where a microwave could be found. Also, the closet was too short and my wife's dresses did not fit without the bottom of her dresses piling up on the floor. We made due by hanging them on the hook on the back of the bathroom door. Breakfast was very good and was a primary reason for our choosing Hampton Inn despite a better price at a competitor. We appreciate the variety of breakfast foods each day and the buffet style very much.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
nice hotel. Toliet kept running which was alittle annoying.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Business Trip"
The stay was fine,normal hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
"Nice place, decent location"
The hotel is in good shape and was quite comfortable. Good stay.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice location to casino"
Came in to watch my cousin play in a Baggin for Bucks tournament at the casino, I picked this hotel because I have had good experience with Hampton's in the past. This one was fine too. King Size bedroom. Shower had good water pressure. Took a dip in pool, it was fine. May have been a bit too much chlorine for me but would rather it be clean than green. Whirlpool was ok. The morning breakfast was very good, love the waffle maker and also the egg muffin cheese thing. Staff was on top of it.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"anaversy vacation!"
Was a very good weekend!
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Theresa
"Best hotel I have been in for a long time"
Room was great. Pools were awesome. Breakfast in the morning was a bit hectic.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"Utilitarian hotel right off the highway"
You get what you pay for at this hotel. In fact, the hotel may be slightly outdated for the rates. It is right off the highway and in a good location. There is a pool but no snack counter or an area that sells essentials. If you are in the area for a short stay this is the hotel for you.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Nice place to stay."
I wish there was hard pillows though would have helped me sleep better but the pool definitely made up for the soft pillows
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
dissatisfied
Great hotel for a one night stay.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Joan
"Comfortable Stay"
Very clean, well-kept hotel. Room was cleaned spotless every day, and service was very good. Beds were a little lumpy but did not prevent sleep. Hotel is located not far from the freeway among a few other hotels, but it was quiet. Only complaint was that there was no microwave in the room. Not a dealbreaker, but it would have been handy.
5 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Cozy and comfortable"
We were very satisfied with this Hampton Inn!! The beds were very comfortable, slept very well!!! Staff was very polite!! Would definitely stay here again!!
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Alicia
"Convenient, comfortable, affordable"
In the area for a business trip. Staff was very accommodating. The only complaint is not with the hotel but the area's weather. If they could do something about that, it would be awesome. :)
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
trumpeter56
It was ok but can be much better
3 night business trip Dec 27, 2013
Quiet area, easy to find, good customer service. I will stay there again
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2013
Becky
Clean, friendly and comfortable. Great coffee and breakfast had many choices. Will be back again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
"A night of ecstasy"
The room itself was extremely pleasing, with little to no disappointments. The customer service was amazing as well as courteous. They will help you find the best means to travel to your destination at an affordable price. The Breakfast is worth the stay. It's a 15$ cab ride to the Grand Victoria Casino, and to downtown Elgin. Highly recommend to other parties.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Kyle Johnson
"Perfect hotel for our needs!"
All staff that we encountered was very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was very good, a very quiet, comfortable room. We felt a great place to stay for the money. We felt safe & comfortable.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Sue
"Highly recommended"
A little pricey but the room was very clean and the staff were more friendly and helpful than the staff in other hotels.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Overall OK"
The breakfast was OK. The AC unit in my room was very loud. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Arnie
"Friendly, clean, quiet--what else matters?"
Front desk people were terrific--cheerful without being too perky, helpful, and knowledgeable. Room was clean, well stocked, I slept like a rock, and it was very quiet--we were surprised to find an entire soccer team in the breakfast room in the morning; who knew? Not us! We had business downtown, and very easy to get to from this property. Easy on/off from the Interstate. We hope to stay here again--and hope to see the same staff when we do.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
"close to all things going on."
great room good hotel
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
randy
"Convenient for attending our scheduled function."
Front desk and morning staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"very close to attraction we visited"
Very comfortable stay love the coffee ! And the lady serving breakfast had amazing hospitality.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
heather
"great weekend for the girls"
pool was monopolized by a woman and her 4 screaming kids the first evening. Good breakfast both mornings and clean room
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
g grandma
"Easy to find"
The hotel was very easy to find. The desk service was excellent. The pool looked refreshing; although we didn't have time to use it. The room was very clean, a bit tight on space within it and had lumpy pillows; but overall well managed.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Just passing through
"Our 8 day stay"
The bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was great every morning Joanna was the best staff member very attentive and friendly. Keys to our room were inactivated everyday, which made it hard to get back into the hotel at night after 11p.m, if you don't have an operable key, you can't even get into the lobby, let alone your room. Our room wasn't cleaned one of the days we had stayed. Maids said it was at our request which it wasn't, especially since we had left early everyday. There was a sign on the pool saying that it was not open because it was being serviced. And an employee walked in on me while I was using the down stairs bathroom. I was sitting on the toilet, the button popped open on the door, and she walked in, stood there for a few seconds and left. I called the front desk, to explain what had happened, I was immediately connected to this same woman, who said argumentively, she did not use a key to get in to the bathroom, and that I had failed to lock the door! I did not fail to lock the door, and she failed to apologize! She was extremely rude! And unprofessional! Instead of arguing with me as soon as she got on the phone, she could have apologized, considering, I told the original person at the front desk which was a man, how embarrassed I was! Thanks Susan,for your creepy lack of hospitality, we won't be staying there again.
8 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
Eileen
"Freezing pool and smoking neighbor"
The check in staff was on the phone while checking us in or and prior to that was away for 15 minutes and no one else was available. When we checked in and were given our room key, we had to wait in the hallway for 15 minutes until they finished cleaning it. We had a neighbor who was smoking and disguised it with over powering cologne in the hallway. Upon entering our room, our room stunk of the cologne due to the adjoining room door. The pool was freezing and we only stayed for a very short time as our daughters lips were turning blue. This was the 2nd time staying @ a Hampton in a month and both were bad, we will not be staying @ any Hamptons again.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013