All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1001 16th St NW, Washington, DC, 20036, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Mothers day"
Excellent atention in the breakfast room.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Great location block and a half from White House."
In DC for my daughter's graduation from AU . Hotel was in great location for site seeing and convenient metro access to area.Short walk to fine dining.
Other trip May 14, 2015
AU Parents
"Close to touristic attractions."
Good Hotel, close to the White House and nice restaurants. The Hotel staff is in general unfriendly, the breakfast is regular, nothing special, but the lunch menu at the Hotel is a disappointment.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Guilherme
"7 days in DC"
Small bathrooms. Excellent staff-very helpful.
7 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Layover Hotel Nightmare"
Quite frankly, this was the worst experience I've ever bad when I've spent well over $300 for one night in what was supposed to be an, "upper echelon," hotel. My girlfriend and I were treated terribly by the front desk, they were exceptionally rude and even managed to have my room downgraded when it was discovered the room I had paid $330 for was unavailable. This whole trip was also due to a plane layover, and this is the cost of that little convenience. At least I was compensated Zero dollars and Zero cents, with a voucher for Zero anything due to the mishap. Thanks a lot, Hotels.com and Capitol Hilton! Made the capital of our country look like a joke, I wonder how the people who travel TO that destination are treated? Don't bother with this hotel, the pettiness is equivalent to grade school and amenities are nothing special to begin with. JR
1 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
"Awesome!"
Staff was very friendly, breakfast was great! Close to everything! Walking distance to White House.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Oscar
"Beautiful, great stay, Ask questions at front desk"
The hotel was beautiful and in a great location. The only drawback was the extreme hold times when requesting information (late check out, and trying to check out over the phone). No reason not to book--just do what you need in-person at the front desk.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Leeanne
"No hot water"
NO HOT WATER on my first morning there.
3 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Kelli
"My Stay At The Capital Hilton"
Overall, the stay was fine. My bathroom drain was not properly working but a maintenance worker was sent quickly to resolve the problem. The shower pressure was a bit harsh. It was very strong and felt like I was being hit with thousands of tiny rocks. Other than that, the stay was fine.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Tara
Always love tha Capital Hilton!! It's my favorite DC hotel
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
tim
"Good stay"
Good overall! But would like it if room service ran a little bit later our flight was delayed and we did not have dinner. We we got to hotel, room service was no longer available. There's no room snacks and the vending machines had no options. Good they can accommodate the late arrival customers. But overall our stay was comfortable
2 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Suzanne
"Nice hotel,very helpfull staff"
Very nice hotel, excellent experience ,helpfull staff,very nice business center,breakfast alsom,
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
mercedes a
"Great hotel, highly recommend!"
Greeted by friendly and nice staff. We arrived early and room wasn't ready, used the concierge to check bags. Very nice. Bellmen, and staff all very friendly. Our room was GREAT! very spacious and very comfortable. (only complaint was the windows could use cleaning for a better view) Very convenient to two parks, tons of restaurants, metro stops, and the Mall.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Karl
"Nice hotel, great location."
Great location for sight seeing and proximity to restaurants. Nice hotel. Only complaint is that our room was adjoining to another one and the door on our side was missing. There was no sound barrier...it sounded like the people next door were right in our room!
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Washington DC trip"
Overall our stay was good.Room was clean and quiet. Couch in room was outdated, old, and dingy looking But I'm always prepared so I covered it with a sheet before we sat on it. I didn't like that we had to valet park our car for $47 per night and we paid $48 for 2 omelets and some fruit at the hotel's breakfast buffet. Plus was everyone was polite and helpful. Great location in the downtown area in walking distance to White House and other sites. I definitely would stay there again and just prepare to eat elsewhere and not the hotel restaurant. As for the valet, it was a little pricey but we did have piece of mind that our car was safe.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Natasha
"Family vacation"
Excellent location! Just blocks from the White House. Staff were very familiar with family oriented needs.
4 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"You're gonna need all you nickels and dimes... -_-"
Wow! Where do I begin! Upon pulling up to the hotel, I was rapidly approached by the valet service. They unceremoniously opened my door before I could even put the car in park. Then, went into my trunk to retrieve my luggage. I understand that you have to move fast, but allow the guest to gather themselves before you force your service on them. Additionally, if you're not aware the valet is $40 per night. Since I was only in town for a couple nights I already had an $80 bill just for parking my car, and if you want to retrieve your car you have to text them and wait 20 minutes for them to bring it around. Upon entering the room, I was shocked at how small it actually was, it didn't have a fridge and it wasn't even all that clean. I am pretty sure I found a booger on the bathroom tiles. Since I came in later in the evening, I wasn't sure if anything was open, so I looked through the in-room dining menu and was blown away by the pricing. $19 for two eggs any style you want, nearly $13 for a Caesar salad. 20% service charge fee for room delivery. After thinking eff that at those prices, I went for a walk and ended up finding a pizza place called Fuel across the street. To use the gym it was $15 per day, To internet it was $14 per night, a bottle of Smart water from the gift shop was $7, a Whiskey sour which was loaded with ice and cost $11! Positives The White House is literally down the block. If I could do it all again, I wouldn't stay here.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
"Hilton, a Capitol Stay"
Went to D.C. for pleasure with grandson and wife. The service from the bellhops, front desk, wait staff and especially the doorman was outstanding. They were well trained and motivated-made stay a pleasure.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Norbert
Great hotel; everything professional, clean and nice.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Eliza
3 blocks from the White House--couldn't be a better location!!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Will stay again"
The price was perfect and the location was great. Will come back.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Clean and nice"
Everything was awesome, the staff really helpful and kindness, the room was very clean, and comfortable, so me and my girlfriend going back :)
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Gabor
No wifi, no breakfast, for 200plus dollars for one room one night expected more.
We had four in our room yet every day we had to ask for more towels and wash cloths. They said that three towels and washcloths were the standard replacement. I found that to be a bit annoying.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
kevin
"Fabulous Hilton"
Our stay at the Hilton was fabulous. The room was perfect for our family - surprisingly spacious for a family room. Obviously the location is excellent - literally just down the road from the White House and easy walking to the Mall. I have to commend the staff - everyone - from reception to the bar staff to the fabulous chef at breakfast were so lovely, helpful and kind.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Johanna
"Love it"
Nice location, Clean, quiet. Enjoyed it.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Qingde
"So so"
Hilton staff was despondent and not helpful when it difficult issue came up. Seems to be typical of Hilton in the last three or four years.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Brent
"Capital Hilton - An OK hotel but..."
Small room for $300 a night but OK. Free wireless not provided in the room. Took 15 minutes for the water from the bathroom sink to get hot to shave in the morning. $15 per day to use the gym for a Hilton Honors member was a little pricey! Personnel very friendly.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Very nice stay"
We ended up with a corner room which was very spacious and quiet. We got back from our event about 10 mins before we needed to checkout and were allowed an extra 30 mins in the room--would have preferred a full hour, but it was nice they did give us some extra time without any extra fees. Good location pretty close to the mall/monuments and to restaurants. Would definitely stay here again, especially at the good rate we got.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"Hilton Capital"
Great but not happy about paying $15 a day to use a treadmill
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Dad and me"
Close enough to the sites to be walking distance. Staff was very friendly. They have the quickest elevators I've ever seen. Wait times were under 1 minute.
6 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Tim and Dan
"Central location as bit "old and worn""
OK hotel - had to attend a conference held there. Staff is nice. Indoor climate is terrible. Take out the carpets in the room - clean all the dust and make it environmentally friendly. Too cold and draft in meeting rooms/ballroom and in the restaurant on the lobby level - draft from the main door.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Gina
"Sirens may keep you up at night."
In town for business. My usual hotel was sold out so I stayed here. Lots of sirens day and night due to being close to the White House and the Hospital.
3 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Convenient location."
Business-like service. Received early check in for which I was grateful.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
SJG
"Okay, but needs improvement"
I stay in this area a lot for work. Overall the hotel is good, but compared to others I've stayed at in the area, comfort is lacking. The mattress is more firm and the pillows are very very thin. I can stack three of them and they are compressed to about the size of one decent one. The water in the morning, for showers, can often be cold to luke warm. Shower at night when everyone is still out and you're better off.
5 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Hot water wasn't working nor customer service."
I stayed her for a business trip - everything was fine. In the morning I woke up and tried to take a shower and there was no warm or hot water. I called front desk and they said they would call me back shortly with a reply. After an hour no one called back so I washed my hair in the freezing cold water in the sink and got ready. When I checked out they didn't seem to understand why I wasn't paying full price. I understand things happen beyond their control but not calling me back to let me know what was going on was unacceptable.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
stacy
"Convenient to where I needed to be."
The staff were very accommodating and pleasant. A great experience for 3 days.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Capitol Hilton rawks"
The Capitol Hilton is a top notch hotel with impeccable service and great rooms. The hotel bar ain't too shabby either. :-)
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Charley
"My stay"
Pillows were uncomfortable but the mattress was great and so was everything else.
6 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Vaughn
"Decent"
Only issue we had was our phone wasn't working
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Nice hotel 2 block from the White House"
The hotel was a great choice for New Year's stay in DC. We were two blocks away from the White House and everything that we wanted to check out was within close distance.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Stay away from their Breakfast"
Stayed here with my girlfriend for four nights . Price was good . Area is amazing . Literally 5 min away from the White House . The hotel is clean but BREAKFAST Sucks!!!!! Do not include breakfast to your booking . It sucks. No pancakes! The eggs was all watery and flappy . Ugh!! Been in other 3 star hotels with better breakfast . They offer a restaurant with breakfast in case visitors want to have a better breakfast but still considering that it's hilton company owned they should upgrade
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Nice hotel and very good location. Hotel was close to White House and other places of interest.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Marla
"AWESOME!!!"
AWESOME - Excellent & very courteous staff from the moment we drove up until we pulled away the next day. Very nice & comfortable room - We will go back.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Staff was excellent. Location excellent for site seeing. Room was big for the price. Enjoyed our stay there.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
paul
"Enjoyed!"
We enjoyed our stay. The room was a little small and pillows were ? Overall rhe hotel location was very good and we really enjoyed the breakfast.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Nice but busy"
Clean, great location. Very busy. Lovely staff. Room had a great view. The hotel was very crowded but they dealt with it
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great location but lots of sirens at night"
Good location, right near all the major landmarks of DC. Walking distance to White House and other monuments. The room was small, but I think all DC rooms are small. The only complaint, and there isn't a way around this, is you hear sirens and horns honking all night due to busy traffic right outside the room. I could also hear whistles blowing as the hotel called for taxis.
5 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Jared
"Adequate but shabby"
This hotel could use an update. Good location and the room was comfortable. The bathroom was basic; the magnified mirror attached to the wall was rusted and gross-looking. The television was a long distance from the bed and hard to hear. Overall it was fine for a quick business trip.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"Nice hotel 2 blocks from White House."
nice hotel, very close to White house.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014