All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America

"Pools very crowded, lots of kids."
would have loved hilton hawaiian village had it not been for the overly crowded pools and large number of kids. If you are looking for a "family friendly" resort, this would be a great place. I'm a single woman in late 40's w/o kids. hanging out in hot tub with at least five small children, on any given occasion, most of them wearing floaties, was not exactly the experience I was looking for. sign says no children under 5 but no one abides. Otherwise, nice resort in general. one complaint I had... we upgraded to ocean view room in rainbow tower. view from lanai was great. view from bed was facing buildings, not ocean. I spoke to front desk staff first night and was told all ocean view rooms in that tower had beds facing toward buildings vs ocean. I later learned when housekeeping was cleaning room next door that if fact that room had beds facing ocean. front desk staff was great about us switching rooms for last night. I just wish they would have been a little better informed about the building's room lay-out from the get go.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Beautiful resort, amazing location!"
3rd trip to Oahu, 1st time staying at this hotel. We had an ocean view room in the Rainbow Tower. Gorgeous view, beautiful room, atmosphere can not be beat! Friendly happy staff, beautiful grounds, food at all restauraunts was excellent! LOVED IT. Will defintely be returning! Mahalo!!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Leslie
Great people very helpful and dedicated. This survey was very difficult for submitt.
steve
"Great!"
Beautiful resort. Everything you need is here. Gorgeous pools and beach.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"worked well for our over night before flying out."
Worked well for our overnight before flying out the next day.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach."
Awesome. Can't wait to go back. Everything is walking distance.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Great staycation w/ my family. Kids loved the super pool and the other pools w/ slide. Great time!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"great hotel right on the beach"
it was everything that was advertised. many restaurants, bars and music very family friendly.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Enjoyed the hotel village atmosphere, and beach."
We enjoyed our time at the Hotel/ Village. Great beach access. Good food and bars.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
overall, we had a great experience. the only complaint would be was the help from the concierge. we called her to ask about transportation options to Pearl harbor since we did not rent a car. she asked if we purchased the tickets through the hotel. when we said we didn't, she was not very helpful in finding transportation for us. looking through some travel books, we found that VIP limo would stop at all hotels and transport us to Pearl Harbor. I thought that the concierge was suppose to aid the traveler but I guess only if they got a cut of the action. with the prices being paid for the room and "resort fee", I thought they should have been a little more helpful.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Wonderful Hotel and great overall experience. Note staff was hit and miss
"Great but.."
The facility and beach were wonderful. Room very comfortable and gave us access til our Flight late evening to shower and access to the hotel and private pools. My one complaint was that the staff was not helpful in getting around to the attractions except to suggest a cab. Fine but expensive. You could easily get to everything via city bus and the drivers were helpful in making sure you got off at the right stop. The hotel staff was not knowledgable about which stop and what time. But my son got it figured out and we even got to the north shore to zip line for only $2.50 cab would have been $80-100. I think the hotel needs to educate staff on other options besides cab.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Hawaiian Dream"
Our stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village was just outstanding. Room Service was very polite, our rooms were very clean, and our view was great.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Ivan
"WOW!!!"
This is the best places I have ever stayed!! Great hotel, Great staff, Super clean!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. No need to look any further, It's right on the beach and they have everything you want right on hand. I can't say enough good things about this place. We celebrated our 25th anniversary here. Thanks for a memorable experience. We will definitely be back. Dan & Tammy Kentucky
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Dan & Tammy
"Excellent Hotel and walking distance to all."
Celebrated our 30th anniversary and was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary upgrade to a JR Suite. The entire stay was awesome and the beaches were well maintained.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Eddie
"The best place for you and your family stay"
This is the best overall hotel for the family experience. I also would say this was a great hotel for honeymooners!! I have lived on Oahu and stayed at almost every hotel on Waikiki Beach and think this is the overall best in my opinion.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Can't go wrong
"okay"
Nice view rooms ok
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Great hotel! Everything you need is in there! Well, except they should provide a microwave and fridge in all rooms.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
cora
"Grand Vacation"
The experience was great till I got the bill for the "daily resort charge" that upon making the reservation you told me that in was waved and I did not have to pay. Then you also said that I would get a car with this special offer, you forgot to tell me it was a roller skate with one wheel ( a Fiat ), where do you put a six-footer, his wife and four suit cases. I guess I could tie her to the roof and lash the suitcases to the door handles, that might work. I will remember not to call you for any other "Special Offers" and you can quote me on that.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Big C
"Wonderfull vacation!"
Liked almost everything about it. even though I was at a tower that was a bit further from the beach and had a view to the shopping area, I was very pleased with the room. It was very clean and spacious and had everything I needed. Plus,we really did not sty in the room very much. The only downside is that everything is really pricey. From renting a chair on the beach to drinks and sandwiches. But I guess that's what you get in most great hotels. Overall I would definitely recommend it!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
amp
"Nice hotel setting."
You get what you pay for. first of all there's no microwave lots of kids perfect setting by the beach beds were comfortable other than that everything was close by we didn't have to stress too much about anything.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Tina
"Beautiful location, nice rooms but..."
There seems to be way to many private parties at poolside ( Tapa). I am aware that there are many more to choose from (pools) but liked that pool area the best. Another complaint I have is the lack of rest - rooms near pool area and the cleanliness of the one that was there. With the amount of guests and ( children!!) using the pools i feel you need to remodel and expand the one by towel return in tapa area. Maybe take away one of way to many jewellery stores to make room for additional rest- rooms in pool and lounge area?!! All in all it is an absolutely beautiful place to stay!! My husband and I just returned from there today and will most definitely vacation there again.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Debbie
"Bad staff and not helpful"
The staff wasn't helpful and they were rude. Even in three days I paid $1300 but they still treated us bad like we were staying for free there. And if you ask for something they would have an attudite about it. At the end I know I will never stay there even I liked the area but they staff weren't anything nice would make anyone wanna come back and deal with them again. Thank you
khamis
"nice great view and always clean"
Love this hotel and one big important reason why, was because pools were open all night long, big plus for me. Overall wherever state I go for vacations Hilton Hotels are always my first priority.
Luis
"Nice resort on the beach"
Was a great stay here for my daughters bday....lots of places to eat, 4 different poolz, plenty of shopping and even a luau on premises. Definitely would stay here again
todd
"Family Friendly"
This is a very family friendly hotel. I took my grandson and we really enjoyed all of the activities. We did the Luau and catamaran snorkel trip. Both were fun with lots of supportive staff. I would definitely go back.
Nana
"Relaxing getaway"
It was just great to getaway, it was awesome to up and close to the fireworks on Friday night
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Shelly
Great hotel.. Everything you need is within the village.. No need to go anywhere else.. This is our second time here.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
ruby
"Great staycation for a Hawaii resident"
Really busy but family had lots of fun. Long lines to check in and out. Wish they had life jackets to rent so my 4 year old could go on slides. We forgot ours and was $50 to buy. Comfy room.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The view from our room was beautiful. The hotel staff friendly and helpful. On-site restaurants had good food, but were pricey and not too many places the kids liked to eat. A rather long walk to Waikiki, but close to bus stops.
Yvonne
Nice location. Rooms are clean and had nice stay. Thy are a little dated, but that was not a problem.
Marshall
"Great family resort"
We had a beautiful view without request. Our room had two Double beds rather than the King requested at the time of making reservations. However, once we saw the view, we couldn't complain. The Tapa pool, closest to our room, closed most days in the middle of the afternoon. Although the hotel boasts that they have five pools, we only had access to 3 at any given time. There was a Playstation in our room, so our son was able to watch movies and play complementary games, which was wonderful. The resort has a VERY safe feel and we rarely left, because everythin was available on site. We didn't much care for the restaurant "The Tropics." It was the most average restaurant on site. The prices are about 20% higher than the others of similar quality. Overall, we had a wonderful time. I would return without hesitation.
Lynn
"Great Resort"
The staff was great. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The pools and beach were wonderful. We never had a problem getting a chair at a pool. They can't be reserved as some reviewers have stated. You could spend your entire trip without leaving the resort. It is a large and busy resort, so if you don't want that, this is not the place for you. We will stay here again!
CJ
"Great Staff!! Very helpful!! Made our stay great!!"
Staff is great!! Very helpful and nice, made our stay great! Was not super happy with room, but staff made our stay look past the room!
vacation with k
"Very nice"
Had a very good time but I think their customers shouldn't have to pay $27 a night for parking
"excellent view"
Very nice room, overlooking the ocean. Close to the beach, staff pleasant and helpful.
"Old rooms"
Hotel is outdated. No lounging areas downstairs. Needs serious improvements. Wouldn't stay there again
Dani
"Busy place, but nice facilities"
Hilton Hawaiian Village was a great facility. It was huge! Much larger and busier than I expected, but that did not detract from our stay. The facilities were nice, with great pools, a lagoon and a private beach. Lots of eating spaces and available shopping. The customer service leaves a little to be desired, but that was perhaps just the laid back island mentality. The rooms were comfortable and clean and we had a blast. We'll definitely go back again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Busy Village"
It was an overall ok stay. If you are choosing a hotel to relax this is not the right choice. There is a lot going on in the village, which is good because you really don't have to leave the hotel. Positives: Lots of restaurants and shops in the village. Lots of activities. Rooms are big & came with a sofa sleeper! Rooms are clean! Everyone was nice! Negatives Everything is too spread out from hotel rooms, to pools, to everything in between. There is a lot of traffic going in and out of the village. Takes forever to check in (however something that we found out after the fact is if you know what tower you are staying in you can check in there, avoiding the main lobby). Pool hours suck. Closes too early. The pool with the slides are a journey away (it was close one of the days we were there). Parking is an extra $30. You have to pay for everything if hanging out at the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon...including chairs & umbrella. Overall nice place to take your family however I wish the pool hours were longer and pools weren't so spread out.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Tanet
Nice hotel but had hidden charges at checkout. Parking was expensive as well.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"great location and perfect for kids"
We were pleasantly surprised and happy to stay here for 3 nights while in Waikiki. Great location!
3 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Clean hotel/grounds; great for families with kids"
Had great time! Loved all the entertainment that the hotel had for its guests. Perfect hotel for families with kids; our daughter was at the camp one day and loved it! It allowed us sometime to take a walk on the beach and eat lunch at Duke's in a peaceful setting :))
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Greta
"Fabulous location, view, and activities"
Loved location, several stores in village, most visited ABC has great deals on everything including food. You can also go to military beach bar/ restaurant next door at Hono Koa. Also there rentals and snack bar half the price of Hilton. Only bad service at Hilton is pronto pickle II. 30-40 min no matter what you get, they have a kids menu not posted always understaffed.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
colleen
"Family"
Great place for my 2 teenage sons and myself. I wish I knew how to get around town better.
6 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"we were above the lobby in the back and no view."
I paid for good room with view and I got the room with no view what so ever.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
jiji
"The service was fantastic and our room Was amazing"
It was spring break so it was crowded but even with the crowds our stay was lovely. The front desk team was fantastic so we're the service desks on the side! Not one bad comment from our stay.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
j
"Great Vacation Venue"
Was looking into a honeymoon on Oahu and looked online into several resorts, on and away from Waikiki. Having been to Hawaii before but never havintg stayed at the HHV, I decided to book our 5-night stay there - specifically in the Alii Tower.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Barry
"happycamper"
This hotel is amazing. I always book with Hilton because you can never go wrong. Location is very convenient as there are various places you can go eat, walking distance. Not to mention the village where there is everything you need at your fingertips. The only downfall is the parking. It's pretty expensive, especially if you do valet. Overall, I would totally recommend it and would definitely stay here again.
5 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
Dora
Exciting place! And comfortable place!^^ I'm enjoying rest, swim~
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Beautiful location, but beware of all charges."
Extremely long wait to check end. Staff rude and stated that it is always a long check in. Bed is tiny.. I felt like I was in an RV. They charge for lounge chairs, umbrellas, etc. Pool staff was texting while monitoring water slide. On a postive note the location is great if you like the major metropolitan vibe.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015