All hotels in Alexandria, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here701 4th St, Alexandria, LA, 71301, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.7
    2.6
    1.8
"Is there a rating lower than "poor"?"
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! The hotel should have been an "hourly rate ". Not a place for families!
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Christopher
"Will stay again"
Hotel in need of planned renovation. Staff was friendly & honest.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Not much choice downtown otherwise..."
The hotel is fairly run-down and it's in need of more than sprucing up. Stepping in the elevator, the floor gives a little and doesn't inspire much confidence. The rest of the hotel feels the same. It was cleanish, but looked like there were years of built-in grime on everything from the walls to the floors. Also, all of the rooms connect to one another through doors which it cautions you to keep locked for your own safety. Since the rest of the place looked a little worn for wear, I wasn't sure about the locks, but it all worked out and there's not many other options if you're needing to stay downtown.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
J
"Close to hospital"
Needed some where to stay close to hospital but next time I will just drive from home
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"A Fulton"
This place hasn't been touched since the 90s. It's clean enough, but you can't really tell because everything's so dated. And the sheets were not soft. The staff were kind, though.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
"Mardi Gras Party"
Although the hotel is not new by any means, the convenience of the location is why we chose it. An added plus was the honesty of the personnel working there. When we checked out, my wife left her diamond wedding ring in the room. We did not notice this until we were at a seperate restaurant eating breakfast. We called back and they found the ring & held it for us until we got back to pick it up. Nice to deal with honest people!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
The hotel has a weird smell. Beds are super uncomfortable. Looks old and run down.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"reminded me of the bates motel"
the room had a slight odor, there was no toilet seat cover. features were all outdated. we felt like we were the only people staying there which was creepy.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Andrea
"From the pictures I thought it would be nice."
The pictures were quite deceptive.The hotel was dirty,the elevator lights were out.The bathroom in my room had not been cleaned.The bathtub was gross. I think it should be reported.The hotel staff didn`t even know the name of the street in front of it!
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"will not stay again"
Ice machines didnt work, toilet wouldnt flush, no coffee for the coffee maker and blow dryer didnt work. There were only four other cars in the lot, you would think i could have been put in a room where something worked.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
"Not worth the stay"
Almost too many things bad to mention but here goes: To start with it took forever to check in. The desk clerk didn't seem to know the system. . Then she wanted my credit card to charge me even though I had already paid Hotels.com. When I got to the room it seemed nothing worked - the lamps, the TV, the radio clock - nothing. I finally figured out they had all been unplugged. The following day, after a day of appointments, I came back at about 4:00 PM and the room had not been cleaned. Just by luck the last housekeeper was at the front desk clocking out and I got the room cleaned. There was no internet, even though they advertised that there was. They said they were aware of it but didn't seem to care if it worked or not. There was no breakfast bar and the closest breakfast area was about 5 miles away and it was what they referred to as "burger alley". Check out was just as painfully slow as the check in.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2013
Jose
"It was a very unsafe area per police."
Not a safe area very old & smelled .bad .They did say the town had put on more patrol for the area since there was so many people in town for the softball world series as we were but I did not feel safe there. Glad we were able to move to a different motel after one night.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Elaine
"What a Dump!"
The hotel was really pretty gross. It had a pungent odor as soon as you walked in. There are no bellmen, valets, or other uniformed personnel AT ALL. The ladies at the front desk were nice but were not professionally dressed or very informed about the surrounding amenities. Carpets were stained, bar was closed and room service was not an option.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"STAY AWAY!!!"
This is the filthiest hotel I have EVER set foot in. The entire hotel smells. The carpets are disgustingly dirty. Even the lobby stinks. In the first room, the door wouldn't close, in the 2nd room, the A/C didn't work, and the final room was the filthiest of the 3. I would have come out better sleeping in the parking lot on the pavement. I reserved for 2 days, so it was too late to get a full refund. I just took the loss for the first night & found another hotel.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Pretty run down place"
What can I say-I wanted to try and get my money back and find another hotel when I got there. As a female travelling alone I was a little nervous even in the parking lot. Hotel was located in an old part of downtown which was close to abandoned on the weekend, but for the homeless citizens hanging out near the Salvation army across the street. This was apparently a grand hotel in it's day, which was probably 50 years ago. Pool was closed, as it appears was the restaurant and anything else located in the foyer. A lot of disrepair, and entrance to the front desk with leaves tracked or blown in everywhere.(though when I left the next morning this had been cleaned up.) The lady at front desk was nice, but she originally gave me a key to a room that was occupied, and I am sure the man was as surprised as I was when I opened his door. The room itself was clean, with the closet door broken and non-functional. Bed comfortable and A/C was cold, so I decided to stay since I would be leaving early the next morning. When I left the next morning at 5 it was dark out so eveything looked better. If I wouldn't have tried to leave the night before to find some food I MIGHT not have realized how bad the neighborhood was.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Cheryl
"Misleading..."
Worst hotel stay in a very long time. First, after paying in full thru hotels.com, they ran my credit card again. Next, they sent me to a room that wasn't serviced. Then, they sent me to another room that didn't meet what I paid for. I paid for a river view, and I could see my car in the parking lot. Internet service didn't work. Pool was closed.
1 night business trip May 29, 2013
"a little isolated"
I had no problems during my stay I know in advance the hotel needed updating. I do wish there had been some type of breakfast service offered, even cereal and fruit.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2013
The service was fine, but the hotel was old and kind of dirty
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2013
Hotel was convenient for my purposes. It was a bit overpriced for the quality, but not a lot. My main discomfort was someone needs to add grownup sized toilets.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"The Hotel Hell"
As soon as we walked into the lobby you could smell the mold. It only got worse when we entered our room. The pillow cases were dirty and when I called down to the front desk for more, I was promptly delivered...more pillow cases with visible rust or dirt stains.
Other trip Nov 14, 2012
it was very nice downtown
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
joseph
""Up-scale downtown comfort""
Quite and comfortable. Great price and excellent value. If you have business to take care of in the downtown area, I highly recommend the Alexander Fulton.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Clarence
"One of the worst would not recommend"
Walked in and saw the condition it was awful did not check in would not recommend to anyone.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
"Roach hotel"
I wouldnt reccommend this hotel
1 night trip Aug 5, 2012
Kimberly
"Horrible Experience"
I had to request a room change 3 times before I was given one that did not smell like crap.
Other trip Jul 27, 2012
TC
"Hotel is disgusting"
I had a terrible stay at this hotel. The place is dirty and very poorly maintained. I had stayed here many years ago when it was a Hilton so I thought I would stay there again, but clearly the glory days of this hotel are over. Just don't do it.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2012
"ok in pinch and close to down town"
Clean but in need of maintenance. Bathroom door was falling apart and the quarry tile floor was stained as though by some type of acid (drain cleaner?)
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Don
"Good price for the comfort"
It was nice. I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2012
Robert M.
"Needs remodeling"
The shower did not work, iron was broke, no tv remote in room, no ice in vending area, elevators were extremely slow, walls had mold on them but the room was very clean
Other trip Jun 8, 2012

"ok hotel"
it was ok and the price was good. nothing fancy though.
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2013
gonio luna
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2012
2 night business trip May 1, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Alexander Fulton Hotel & Convention Center

"Fabulous people - Not so fabulous hotel"
08/27/14 Tracy-BO1 Little Rock, AR
We chose this hotel because it was within 2 blocks of Rapides General Hospital where my father was in ICU. Upon arrival at 11pm, the night manager (Toya) was super friendly and very helpful. In fact, throughout our stay here (4 nights), Toya always greeted us with a huge smile and always wanted to know if there was anything she could do for us. Actually, all of the hotel employees which we encountered were always extremely pleasant. We couldn't have asked for better attitudes or better service. However, the hotel itself is kind of run down and in need of several repairs. I don't think that there is anything structurally wrong with the hotel really. It just needs a really, really good facelift. I did see one bug in our room. But if we're looking at this positively, it was only one bug, and not several. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes, if there was a need for me to be close to the hospital again. The people were fabulous, and I can probably deal with a bug, and semi run-down hotel for a night or two.
"Wonderful Service"
08/13/14 Bridestonia
I can not say enough about the service that I received at the Alexander Fulton Hotel. There is a General Manager there who is very knowledgeable and on point when it comes down to planning or making preparations for any event that you may have coming up in your life. She was very helpful to me when it came down to staying within my budget. She showed compassion for me and cocern for my event going well. When I would panic or was losing my mind. She would reassure me that it would be okay. She was there to help me along the way to make sure that everything went well and as plan. She even assisted me with decorating, setting ideas and the set up. There are not enough words to describe her as a person and her dedication to her job. She was very professional and made herself accessible at all times. She was always punctual with answering my emails and calls. This General manager worked day and night to make sure that everything to make that my event went as planned. I would advise anyone to use Alexander Fulton Hotel as their venue for their next event or even a place to stay when visiting Alexandria, LA..
"Very Pet Friendly"
08/03/14 K M Seaside, California
Pros: Exceptionally friendly front desk staff Large rooms Free Wi-Fi (Advertised--new reviewers please let us know if it really works) If you have an event at/near the convention center, this is only nearby hotel Despite summer weather, hotel and room stayed cool, even with AC off Pet friendly if that's what you're looking for Cons: Did not have a separate pet floor. Walking out of the room or standing by the elevator and having dogs try to jump on guests is not cool. No convenient restaurants/stores in walking distance. The neighborhood has limited hours and the Diamond Grill is expensive. Wi-Fi wasn't working, but I had built-in data. If Wi-Fi is important to you call to check status The double beds are too small for two adults (I'm relatively small) The new management team has improved the rooms, but there is still work to do. They are upgrading the hotel in stages. The only major problem I had with the quality of my room was the tub/shower. It was badly worn/chipped/marred/faded. The toilet didn't easily flush, but it did flush. If this had not been the designated event hotel, I would have stayed somewhere walking distance to retail stores and restaurants.
"Great Service"
07/07/14 Benard B Fort Worth, Texas
I enjoyed my five day stay at this hotel. We were in town for a family reunion and the staff at the hotel were very accommodating and friendly. Our room was very clean and cold upon arrival and the housekeeping staff fulfilled every request we had each day. Every time we walked through the front door, all staff greeted us with a warm welcome. Even though the hotel is dated, I would recommend it to travelers visiting this area.
"Yikes...spend a little more and stay elsewhere"
07/05/14 CrisBos Niceville, Florida
This hotel use to be a pretty happening place, but now it's run down, dirty and in a sketchy part of town. My girlfriends and I stayed here for 3 nights for a teaching conference held at the college. We arrived to a rude receptionist and a smelly dirty room. There are stains on the carpet and on the bedspread. We tried contacting the front desk multiple times from our room, but no one answered. Our pillow had cigarette burns in them and when we went to ask for new sheets because the ones we had had stains (looked like blood) we got attitude from the receptionist. I can't recommend this hotel and won't be staying here again. If I have to go back next year I'll stay on McAllister St.
"Terrible"
07/04/14 Chelsea J
The website for the hotel is deceiving. It looked like it had been remodeled and was very modern and nice on the website. When we arrived, it looked like someone slept on top of our bed after they made it. We could see all of the dirt and dust under the dresser that had been vacuumed around. Our entire floor smelled like marijuana.
"Scary"
06/01/14 Karen S
Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Dirt on the fan, mold on the bathroom, broken bathroom door rotted wood,and weird smell. If you look at the online pictures the are grossly misleading. The hotel was almost abandoned. Loud noises from the road. Horrible is an understatement.
"Nice & Quiet"
04/08/14 Erie W Lafayette, Louisiana
I stayed in the Alexander Fulton last weekend. Even though the furniture is old my room was very clean and comfortable. When I walked in the front door I could tell the hotel had a historic and beautiful feel to it. The front lobby personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. I did not like the fact that each time I needed ice I had to go to the front desk to get it. Other than that, my stay was very pleasant---nice and quiet!!
"Even the dirt was outdated"
04/06/14 slc5129
Upon arriving, I could tell the hotel hadn't been renovated for quite some time. Apparently they do not clean often, as the same food particles in the elevator remained from the day prior. Plus, the elevator walls were damaged. The room was "ok". It was old and outdated, just like the television. No cups to make coffee, no kleenex, and the bed was not comfortable at all. The door to the room was also no maintained, as you had to shut it with some "force", to get it to close. So all the door "slamming" was nice to hear, when you are trying to sleep. They were to cheap to buy trash cans with there own logos, as the one in my room said "Best Western". Just another sign they don't pay attention to detail. I've stayed in several hotels much nicer for WAY less $$$.
"Disappointing, at best."
02/11/14 L C Fort Worth, TX
Recently stayed at this hotel, because of an event being held at the adjoining Convention Center. The fact that I could walk directly from the hotel into the convention center without ever having to go outside was great. And the adjoining parking deck is very convenient. However, the hotel itself was a real disappointment. I checked in and was assigned to a room....which, when I used the card key and opened the door already had someone in it! Back to the front lobby to be assigned to another room.....where the safety lock on the door was broken, the TV didn't work and neither did the heating/air conditioning unit. A call to the front desk and I was told the maintenance man was not in that day and would I mind changing rooms again. Everything worked in the third room - and like the first two rooms it was spacious enough, but it had the same overall slightly shabby, less than clean, very dated feel and look to it. There were no hand towels in the bathroom and only one hanger in the closet. Apparently none of the rooms have refrigerators or microwaves. The elevator is an adventure. You can't be sure sure if it's going up or down - never mind which button lights up. The ice machines weren't working. If you wanted ice you had to go to the front desk. There is an on-site restaurant.......but it's not open on the weekends, which is when I was there. All in all, especially given what they charge, not the best experience. I would be reluctant to stay there again.