All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2863 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Staff & service were amazing. I was impressed with the professionalism and going the extra mile for us.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Good choice"
Stayed in a moderate room. It was small but adequate for my needs for my business trip. It would be nice if they had a business center. They have an old computer that won't print PDFs and was ridiculously expensive to print text documents. But the staff was uniformly helpful and the restaurant was good. I also liked that it was a half mile form the crowds of Waikiki. I'd stay there again.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Beautiful view."
The hotel was very nice, and the staff was very helpful. Our room and bathroom was a little small and cramped, but very clean. The view of Diamond Head from our balcony was beautiful though, so that helped make the room feel a little more open. The restaurant was right on the beach. Food was excellent, and the sunsets were spectacular. You're a few blocks from Waikiki Beach, which we liked.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
We enjoyed being on Waikiki Beach where it was less crowded. The AC unit wasn't the quietest. Overall, we enjoyed our stay
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Lauren
"Very small room"
Very small room. No accessible outlets except for one in the bathroom. Clean and responsive service. Only one ice machine that didn't have ice for two days.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"A hidden gem!"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. As a solo traveler, I felt safe and comfortable. The area was quiet and in walking distance to the major shopping district. The food and drinks was prepared quite well but somewhat pricey (you get what you pay for). The staff was courteous and professional. I would refer this hotel to my friends and relatives and would book there again.
6 night trip Jun 23, 2015
roslyn
"Below par experience at New Otani"
they put us in the extension part of the hotel which is really just a motel detached from the main building. No elevator so we had to drag our luggage up three stories, with noisy streets close by and business on the ground floor. A/C is weak and halty. Overall the premise is below par.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Steps from Waikiki madness"
Great hotel, I like the Waikiki view from the hotel, less crowded beach and fantastic restaurant. Rooms were small but comfortable with private balcony.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Josephine
"type of room"
I would highly recommend a beach/ city view room. They seem to be the rooms that are refurbished.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Right on the beach access easy"
It was all good, even got a o Monk seal on the beach! Only complaint is having to pay for parking after paying so much for the room,
Other trip May 24, 2015
dawn
"Incredible"
This truly is a great hotel. I can't wait to go back in the fall. On the beach one day there was a seal sleeping. The rooms are small but very clean.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Kathrine
"Love the location - great beach for swimming."
I have been going to this hotel for years. Love the location - on the other side of the park from Waikiki, great beach and decent snorkeling. Nice short walk to Waikiki and shopping. There is a trolley that will take you to Ala Moana if you really want to shop for a nominal fee. Honolulu zoo and the aquarium are located in the park just a short walk. There is also a craft fair on the weekends. The restaurant at the hotel thas great breakfasts and overlooks the beach. We weren't as impressed with their dinners, though. They have been updating the rooms - finally. They were always clean but needed updating. I like the ooms that overlook the park because they get a nice breeze. You can see the ocean from these rooms as well. Oceanfront have awesome views, but they don't get the breeze. The Diamond Head wing has a kitchenette with a larger frig than the regular rooms. Also has a microwave and plates, utensils, but not cooktop or oven so if you want to cook your own meals, it is not really set up for it. This is always our go-to hotel when visiting Oahu.
Other trip May 18, 2015
1 traveling fam
"Amazing stay!"
From the beginning the hotel staff was amazingly friendly. Our room was so clean and well taken care of. And nothing can beat having the beach right in front the hotel. I will definitely be coming back
Other trip May 18, 2015
Reyes
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Great place to stay if you want to get away from the crowded beaches. The room was small but we were only in the room to shower and sleep.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Doug
"Paradise next to city"
Make sure u get a superior ocean view... Amazing!!! View of ocean/city/park/ mountains. The breakfast is awesome! Away from hustle and bustle but still close enough to walk...fantastic beach to swim in!!!!
Other trip May 3, 2015
missy
"Perfect location, right on the beach"
Read other reviews before booking to stay here. Was much better than I expected. Perfect location; right on the beach, but within walking distance to the busy center of Waikiki. It's in a quieter location so never heard a sound at night and slept very well. Comfortable bed and pillows. Clean. Loved the balcony; had a view of the ocean to the right and Diamond Head to the left. Chose the least expensive economy room, so didn't expect such a nice view. Room had a safe, which was very handy because we didn't want to take money, credit cards, etc. to the beach to snorkel. The snorkeling was surprisingly wonderful here! We saw lots of colorful fish, and even a sea turtle. Very nice walkway along the beach to walk into the city of Waikiki. Half way there is a nice sidewalk café. We ate breakfast there every day; opens at 7AM. Has picnic tables to sit at and watch the surfers and other things going on. A beautiful orchid was served on our plates with the food. Back to the hotel; all the people that worked there were very kind and helpful. Has a gorgeous restaurant right on the beach, open air seating, but expensive. Hotel is on the city bus route so can catch a ride to any activity for $2.50 per person. The front desk will tell you the correct bus number to catch. We went to Hanauma Bay and Diamond Head. If I go back to Waikiki someday I'll be staying here.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Deb
"Perfect location on a Quiet beach"
We stayed April 2015, for 7 nights 8 days at the New Otani Kaimana beach hotel in an oceanfront room on the 7th floor. Staff was attentive, kind and helpful. The room, while a bit small, had a gorgeous lanai overlooking the beach front. The sunsets from there are fantastic and you can also see the Friday night Hilton firework show from the lanai as well. Definitely choose an ocean view or the newer remodeled Oceanfront Superior room.Rooms have basic amenities and include free wifi, (though quite slow), Fridge, decent bathroom and AC. No resort fees which is great. There is no pool, but the beach is right outside and Kapiolani park is behind the hotel. It's on a quieter end of the Waikiki beach area and is frequented more by locals and families on the weekends than all the crazy tourists. The water is calm and good for swimming or snorkeling on San Souci beach. The hotel is about a 15, or 20 minute walk away from most of the major attractions, hotels and dining. The Hau Tree Restaurant onsite serves delicious breakfasts under a banyan tree though you need to make reservations, and there is an expensive Japanese restaurant on site, but mostly you have to leave the area for good dining choices. If you want to be in high end luxury or the middle of all the action, this is not the spot for you. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was a quiet oasis and had the friendly aloha spirit we wanted in a Hawaiian vacation.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Perfect location!"
Had a great time! The views and location are perfect! Just far enough away from Waikiki to enjoy peace and quiet, yet close enough to enjoy it's amenities with only a ten minute walk.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
natalie
"Great location!"
Away from the hubbub of downtown (about 1 mile), the New Otani is wonderfully quiet. We could watch the sunsets from our lanai. We were celebrating our engagement, and it's hard to imagine a more romantic spot.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Rob
"Close enough far enough"
Right on Kamana Beach and great swim, paddle, surf spot without the craziness of the main strip. Diamond Head towers over...as close as you can get to it! Hotel has hospitality room for showering before flights and afyer late checkout. Also have SUP and surf storage! Love this place!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
business & FUN
"Beachfront Gem for the perfect getaway!"
My husband and I stayed at the New Otani Kaimana Beach for his post deployment leave and they excelled every expectation! We had a oceanview room which overlooked a more or less private beach, it was just far enough from the main drag to be quiet and yet we were only a 20 min walk to the center of Waikiki, and the walk is gorgeous! Hotel staff were amazing and accomodating, from the front desk to our lovely housekeeper (wish I could remember her name! I think it was Wende). All of the bell staff were AWESOME! The room was fairly small but it was very clean and comfortable, it had everything we needed. We spent a couple of nights just sitting on the balcony looking at the ocean and sipping cocktails, so relaxing with no noise! And the lights of Waikiki were just off in the distance but close enough to walk to for dinner. The Hau Tree Lanai Restaurant was the best meal of the trip! The setting was perfect and the food was superb! Would highly recommend this hotel! Thanks for a great holiday, New Otani Kaimana and staff!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Lucie
The hotel is in a great location, the beach is not crowded and I even saw a deal laying there for hours. It's less than a mile away from the craziness in case you want to get there ;) The restaurant is super cute and the food is not too expensive! I really liked this hotel, it also offers free wifi :)
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Right on the beach but no pool"
The hotel is old, and the rooms are really small. The bathroom is tiny and the pipes kept making noise while we were there. They sent someone to fix it and it was a little better but not great. Valet staff is really nice as well as the rest of the team. Just small, old and no pool. Wouldn't stay here or recommend again
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great place"
The hotel has direct access to a very nice beach. The restaurant is very good, a little pricey but it's right on the beach. Parking can be tricky but we were always able to find a metered spot across the street.The meters are cheap otherwise it's pricy to park at the hotel. I was told I'd have a garden view but I could see the ocean and dimoand head. If you're picky it was mostly a parking lot view. It's about a 30 minute walk to the main drag of Waikiki beach. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Would stay there again.
4 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Awesome stay!"
I really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. It's super peaceful with ocean view! I would have given this hotel a 5/5 if it were not for the $26 per day parking.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"too far from anything"
either expedia did not send reservation or hotel fax was defective. hotel did not have my reservation . I spent the first 2 says in small room . we had to move to a smaller room for the next 4 days . make sure you call the hotel to verify reservation
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
brian
"One night, just passing through."
A reasonable place for a single night. The lobby restaurant is right on the beach and the quality is moderately good. The location is very close to the Waikiki side of Diamond Head (you actually look up at the iconic peak) so the location is definitely quieter than central Waikiki which is a pleasant 10 minute walk up a palm lined drive. The staff, the ones that could speak good English anyway (the property seems to focus on Japanese travelers) was very pleasant. We paid for a single night's parking but they allowed us to leave our car there for the entire second day for no additional charge--this was very helpful for us as it allowed us to saunter around Waikiki before our late evening flight without working about the car. The only real downstroke about the room was it was very small and the bathroom sliding door was louvered which doesn't allow much privacy.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Traveler
"Very nice hotel"
The hotel situated at the far end of Waikii beach is well up to standard. The staff is very friendly so any shortcomings were covered up by any members of staff, exceptional! They must love to work at the hotel and I congratulate the director of the hotel to treat the staff in such a good way. Facilities and location great! The parking "in-house" expensive but you can park the car on the street as well but do remember to pay for it!!! The hear dresser saloon in the annex of the hotel was excellent. David from Beverly Hills was excellent. A nice and talkative guy with interesting points of views! For my next trip to Honolulu I will keep New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel in mind!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Carin
"Super small room"
Parking was added @ $27. Not mentioned when booking. Room was super small
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Great place to stay; away from the craziness, but only 10-15 minute walk to shopping and restaurants in Waikiki. A few steps from the beach. Trolleys and public transportation close by if you don't have a car (valet parking is very expensive).
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Beach is suited for swimming and snorkeling"
We enjoyed being within walking distance but still away from the Waikiki crowds. The beach was suited for lap swimming (with few waves) and with a reef for snorkeling. The front desk attendants were very welcoming and helpful in finding places for touring or making dinner reservations. The parking attendants were also courteous and suggested beaches to visit.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Beach view on one side, Diamond Head on the other!"
The staff couldn't have been more accommodating or friendly. Older hotel but charming and very popular if reservations for the restaurant are any indication. A short walk to Wikiki along the beach and yet away from most of the hustle & bustle that's Wikiki today. Sunsets on the beach are easy to come by so take the Diamond Head side if you can get it, the sunrise is spectacular!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Waikiki minus the crush"
I've stayed at the New Otani several times. It's not glitzy, and it's not in the thick of it. It's at the far end of Waikiki, where the pace is slower--which will be a minus for some but for others is a big plus. The phenomenal Waikiki Aquarium is steps away, and the walk along the water into the heart of Waikiki is very pleasant.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Austin
There is only provide valet parking which is $26 a day.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Ok."
The room is super small but comfy. It's on the water so it's convenient. It's a 15 minute walk to the main busy area so it's also quiet. The male staff are very pleasant and helpful. I lived Duane. He stands at the front of the hotel.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Chanel
"Lovely Hotel with Great Location to rest and relax"
We had a wonderful time at the New Otani. We loved the location, just a nice walk from downtown. The hotel offers a beautiful beach and is surrounded with parks. We really appreciated not being in the traffic of Wakiki. The staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Ron & Terese
"New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel"
This location is the best in all of Waikiki because it's out of the noise and confusion of Waikiki, at the foot of Diamond Head, and right on the beach where I swam as a child growing up in this neighborhood. The food at the Hau Tree Lanai used to be scrumptious but now would rate as just good. The coffee was watery. I'm so sorry to see this wonderful place deteriorate. We will still come here because of the location and the friendly staff. However, such a special property deserves better maintenance, updating and more attention to the food…..there is no more beautiful place to have a meal and I think the food should be as good as the view….like it used to be.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Leialoha
"nice location , nice rate,but terribly small room"
room was terribly small room, do not stay for long trip.
3 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
EIICHI
Its been 11 months (Feb 2014) since our stay and this is what I thought: - First, about parking. Do yourself a favor and park on the street where the meters are! When you park after 6PM, you can leave the car there till 10AM without having to feed the meter. So FREE parking overnight. There was always plenty of spots available as the spots line the street all the way through the park. We always parked directly in front of hotel (across the street). Just make sure to feed the meter at 10am. - We stayed in the old part of the hotel with side view of park and beach. It was okay though no major complaints. I didnt go to Hawaii to stay in a room anyway. We did check out the newer Beach view rooms before we left and they were really nice with amazing views, but obviously more expensive. If you have the dough go for the beach front tower views. - The beach is great and right there! They supplied towels. - the breakfast area is very pretty with the beach right there and those nice overhanging trees. But I couldnt enjoy it cause my wife is afraid of birds! The included free breakfast was good but repetitive after a few days. Staff very nice. - Walk to main area about 15 minutes. Good exercise. The only bad thing are all the homeless people in the park. They didnt bother anyone but still an eyesore. - We didnt dinner at Hotel, always went to main wikiki to eat lunch and dinner. If you dont mind walking this hotel is for u.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Lou
"Can't go wrong"
Excellent hotel and we've stayed here several times before. Would have enjoyed it more had we had more of a ocean front view. Should advertise some of the rooms as partial ocean view. Overall, excellent stay!
4 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
good location. good access to beach, waikiki, diamond head, park
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great locatio"
Great staff. Great location.
3 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
Dianne
"Jewel on Diamond Head"
Incredible hotel. Really lovely. The staff was amazing. The room was beautiful. We will be staying here in the future when we visit our family in Honolulu...
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Alicia
"WAIKIKI GEM"
AN OVERNIGHT STAYCATION TO CELEBRATE A BIRTHDAY!! THE ROOM WAS A BIT DATED BUT GORGEOUS NONETHELESS AS IT WAS A CORNER UNIT FACING DIAMOND HEAD! THE HAU TREE LANAI RESTAURANT IS A DELICIOUS GEM!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
I especially like the uncrowded beach and long board walk. And the Resturant is very good.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Nice and close to the beach."
The website said they had recently renovated rooms and they had pictures of them. When we got there thoughpur room was one of the older run down rooms. Still ok, but very small and the water pressure isn't very good when everyone is showering at the same time.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Close to the beach A little walk from main area."
Good place to stay, right on the beach, staff is very nice, food is ok and extremely expensive.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Nice hotel away from the Waikiki Traffic"
We stayed in the older section of the hotel - Only the tower rooms have been remodeled. Overall the hotel was very nice with a semi private beach with pretty good snorkeling. It is a nice 10-15 minute walk to Waikiki. Rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
JTK
"Nice hotel close to beach and beautiful park"
The rooms r clean, staff friendly at breakfast only always crowded. Nice hotel to walk to the center of waikiki and near the aquarium and zoo
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
cindy
"On the beach and lovely view of Honolulu's skyline"
Loved sitting under beautiful trees in the restaurant, in candel light. The park next to the hotel was busy with people night and day. About a 15 minute walk to downtown. Pricey meals and drinks. Just being in Hawaii is a delight in itself. The hotel's location was convienent for going to other locations.
Judy