All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2863 Kalakaua AveHonoluluHI96815United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad pool
"The Quiet Waikiki"
I was here for a conference and attached an extra three personal days which I booked at the Kaimana. Neighborhood was lovely right next to Kapiolani Park and close to Diamond Head. I preferred the drive to Kailua Bay for the beach. My only complaint is the high price of parking a rental car at the hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2016
Dorothy
"Nice to return to the Islands"
Have lived in Hawaii for a couple of decades, and like what the hotel offers in dining, and location. It never lets me down, and all friends know where it is, and parking is never a problem.
4 night family trip Mar 3, 2016
"Relaxing..."
On the quiet end of Waikiki, this is the place for a relaxing vacation. The beach is literally right there. The service is exemplary, very friendly and welcoming.
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
"What a gem!!"
The ocean view really was only a side view of the ocean. The room we upgraded to had the "side view" of the ocean, but also a full on view of Diamond Head. You could watch the sunset on the ocean and the sunrise over the Mountain. Both were spectacular. The staff was very hospitable and welcoming. The upgraded room was very roomy, the original was small and a bit cramped... so choose carefully as an upgrade might not be available. There is parking in the streets, but the Pro Bowl Beach party was a 1/4 mile away on the same beach and they closed the street for 2 days, so the valet parking was great. The valets were friendly and knowledgable and always offered directions or suggestions if asked. We only ate breakfast here one time, as it was pricey, but it was delicious and stunning to eat beach side. You are walking distance (about a mile) from so many things. A quiet park across the street, the aquarium and zoo less than 1/2 mile. Gets you out of the congested traffic downtown. Loved this hotel and the staff. The walk ways outside the rooms are a bit worn. I would have loved to have one of the robes (In room for use and you can purchase), but they were expensive. But very comfy and convenient to have there. The Lanai was perfect for having mimosas in the morning watching sunrise. There is a fridge in the room. The upgrade had a little dining table and settee. If we go back to Honolulu, we will definitely staff here again.
7 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
Paulette
"johnnyboyz"
This is a great stay closest enough to Waikiki beach to enjoy all the amenities of the area but far enough away to get away from the crowds. Hotel is right on the beach which is typically empty during week days but it gets crowded on weekends when local families join hotel guests on the beach.
3 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
Great. Expedia review process needs simplification.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
"A once great hotel is now just ok."
This was my 9th time at this hotel, and I'm sad to say that I can see the slow but steady downward quality due to lack of attention. The front staff is and always has been great. The rooms are clean with a few downfalls however. Everyday after making up the bed, the cleaning staff left some of their hair in the sheets. Not a huge deal. I mared a small dot in the top corner of the sheet and asked the staff to have all the bedding changed. When I came back hours later, they had informed me it was done. In the room, the sheets had not been changed as promised, still the dot on a nicely remade bed. The lanai is dirty and should be cleaned regularly. It will turn your feet black. The fridge is too small to be of any use. The lobby is very outdated and the bar staff is rude and unwelcoming. The best part of this hotel remains the free street parking (or $25 valet), no resort fee (which changes in 2016), the beach items the let you use for free, the direct access to the best beach in downtown (no crowds), and the lack of congestion compared to a hotel in Waikiki. Also, they used to have great toiletries, it looks as though they are changing over to a new cheaper type. I will give them another chance on my next trip, but I really hope things get back to how they were.
5 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
DAVID
"Surprisingly Disappointed"
Room was very small. I had to leave TV on all the time to drown out the people next door and in the hallway. Very thin walls. Front desk manager not very informative at check in. Not worth the price in my opinion.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2015
"New Otani - I would stay there again"
Hotel was a bit dated, some remodeling on the 6th floor going on, but no noise ever bothered us. Only real issue - we got scolded and were advised about booking a reservation for breakfast! Hotel owned by the Japanese, and a Japanese tour group was staying there...so at breakfast they did fill up quick. But that patio was beautiful - so it was OK in the long run. FYI - valet parking only, at $26.00 per day...just so you know.
4 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
Harold
the room was unexpectedly small. a king size bed would not have fit in there. The hotel is in desperate need of remodeling. In fact they are, and shut off the water from 1-3pm on our floor....(very inconvenient). the staff was nice and accommodating, but not overly communicative. Parking $29 a day...rip off. Park your car on the street 6pm-10am for free.
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Jon
"Beware If You Are Injured"
We rented a surfboard directly from the New Otani hotel and it gave my wife hives. (She has surfed for years and has rented numerous surfboards, and none have ever irritated her skin.) When we alerted the hotel concierge about this, they said it was not their problem, and that we had to speak with the company sitting inside the New Otani hotel lobby instead. When we spoke to the person at that desk inside the hotel lobby, she not only refused to give us a refund, she also refused to give us any first aid.
7 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Keith
"Good place in honolulu"
We really appreciate to have a view ocean room. Sunset on the beach, restaurant with beautiful trees, nearby waikiki. Good stay. Thank you.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
"True Aloha!"
Fabulous! The ONLY down side was that parts of the hotel are undergoing renovations. The service, location, restaurant and room were terrific. Best value for money on the island...from someone who lived on Oahu for nearly 3 years and has visited frequently since.
2 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"A Pleasant Stay"
The hotel was very clean and quiet. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint would be the bed pillows were pretty uncomfortable.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Great service and view!"
My daughter and I only stayed one night but this is a repeated visit for us. We love this hotel's location because of it's proximity to the beach and the Waikiki strip without being in the center. It's also nice not to have to pay resort fees yet it still feels sort of like one. The view is amazing with the beach to one side and Diamond Head to the other. Even though the room is clean and adequate for the one night we stayed, I woke up with a backache. They need to do something about those beds!! They are remodeling and I'm hoping it includes new mattresses :)
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Jean
"Quaint hotel right on the beach"
Check in and out was seamless. Loved the room and view.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
carol
"Amazing hotel"
We stayed here for our wedding and honeymoon; top notch! The room even though it wasn't huge it was just enough room for two! The staff was great! On our wedding night we received a gift basket with Hawaiian products. The Hau Tree restaurant staff was awesome as was the food! On our wedding night we made reservations for dinner; we felt like royalty!
5 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"Very disappointing, under renovation."
First impressions are long-lasting. The lobby entrance set the tone for concern that this was not going to be the great experience my wife and I were hoping for. The place had an "old" feel about it, which was the opposite impression I had gotten when checking out the hotel's web site. We were informed that some renovating was being done in our building and that the water was turned off until 5:00 PM. So we take the old elevator up to our floor, walk across the worn, smelly carpet to our door, go into the room and immediately I tell my wife that we are not staying here for long. The room wasn't much bigger than an economy cruise ship room, the bed looked old, we could hear hammer-drills buzzing nearby, and there was dirt and lent all around the baseboards. We stayed the night and then had Expedia find us another hotel - which was 1000% better. We hope the renovations occur soon and for the better. Until now, I would check out your room before opting to stay there.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Bob & Joanne
"New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Review"
The entire staff was amazingly friendly, helpful, and treated you like family; they were always smiling. We loved coming back to the hotel after each adventure and always felt welcomed and acknowledged by each employee as we walked in. We felt like we were at home here.The beach is just out the back door, and they provide beach towels to overnight guests. The hotel is about two or three blocks down from the main strip of hotels so you miss all the crazy hustle and bustle of "the city" (that is why we chose this hotel in the first place), but is a beautiful walk down to all the activities and shops. You don't miss anything. There is also a little convenience store right in the same parking lot. It came in very handy. The rooms were just big enough to sleep and shower in, but that is really all we needed. There is a small safe in the room to put valuables in if you didn't want to carry them with you, and you have to reset the lock number ever so often so you knew that no one else could get in it. The bed was a little too firm and the pillows too soft, but everything else more than made up for it. We would definitely come back to this hotel again. Everything was beautiful.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Joyce
Good location, righting the beach and next to Diamondhead
4 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
Staff & service were amazing. I was impressed with the professionalism and going the extra mile for us.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Good choice"
Stayed in a moderate room. It was small but adequate for my needs for my business trip. It would be nice if they had a business center. They have an old computer that won't print PDFs and was ridiculously expensive to print text documents. But the staff was uniformly helpful and the restaurant was good. I also liked that it was a half mile form the crowds of Waikiki. I'd stay there again.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Beautiful view."
The hotel was very nice, and the staff was very helpful. Our room and bathroom was a little small and cramped, but very clean. The view of Diamond Head from our balcony was beautiful though, so that helped make the room feel a little more open. The restaurant was right on the beach. Food was excellent, and the sunsets were spectacular. You're a few blocks from Waikiki Beach, which we liked.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"Small Room"
Room was very small. Facilities are old. Restaurant is nice but needed reservation.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
to
"Okay, close to the beach"
Rooms need to upgrade & needs better cleaning. AC/fridge unsatisfied.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Nice views on lanai"
Views were amazing but hotel is old. Bed was not very comfortable. They are remodeling and started on our floor the morning of our departure without a courtesy notice. Our electrical outlet to the TV was affected and they were jack hammering next door. Though the staff apologized they offered no compensation until I asked. They comped 1 valet parking and a roll away bed charge after I noticed they had charged me for 7 valet parking days which was not accurate.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Jean
"Enjoyable stay"
We enjoyed being on Waikiki Beach where it was less crowded. The AC unit wasn't the quietest. Overall, we enjoyed our stay
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Lauren
"Wonderful View from the Room!"
Great location to the beach. Wonderful view from the balcony. Would love to have more of a variety of food (i.e. continental breakfast).
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
staff was super friendly and helpful. We liked that the beach was a little quiter than the busy Waikiki beach. It is about a 15 min walk to Waikiki, which we thought was perfect. Our room was very small and they had litterally just pushed two beds together to make a "queen". The bed was not very comfortable, but the room was clean and location was great.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Sara
"Enjoyable and relaxing."
Small room, but sufficient, clean and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Wonderful location. Delicious food. Beautiful beac"
Would recommend hotel to friends. Comfortable bed. Room a little small but location made the stay so enjoyable
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Very small room"
Very small room. No accessible outlets except for one in the bathroom. Clean and responsive service. Only one ice machine that didn't have ice for two days.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"Waikiki welcome: first time in Hawaii"
Fantastic jumping off point for two days in Honolulu.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Disappointing."
This hotel was disappointing. Once check-in there was a mix up with the room assignment. Upon review of my booking itinerary, I readily admitted my mistake to the front desk clerk and asked if there was a larger room available (for 3). The front clerk immediately started yelling at me. I have never encountered such a rude desk clerk upon my travels. When I commented on his behavior he became when more demeaning. We did receive a larger room at an additional cost but the room was a big disappointment. Located on the corner of the parking lot and the busy street. The room was not as advertised on their website....it was a much older room. I do appreciate the manager hearing my complaint and comping the difference in the room rate. I also want to thank the rest of the staff, especially Chris for his kindness after witnessing the front desk behavior.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Outstanding View"
Loved our stay here. We were a 20 minute walk away from the heart of Waikiki. Best of both worlds- away from the noise of the city, but close enough to go there when we wanted it. Our hotel was on the beach with a beautiful park surrounding it. The hotel room was up to date, clean and comfortable, but a little on the small side. The view of the ocean and Waikiki from our balcony was amazing. The lobby and hallways are a bit dated, but like I said earlier, the rooms have been remodeled and are lovely. We would definitely return.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"nice hotel on the beach"
the hotel is great the room was ok a little smaller than i was expecting for the m0ney. i is right on the beach nxt to a park and really close to the aquarium
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
cherie
"Clean rooms, Friendly staff and Reasonably priced"
This was my 10 year old's Birthday present. She and I had a most wonderful time. The Hotel is Reasonably priced, The staff is friendly and helpful, and it has a semi-private beach, Warm waters and Good friends, what else could you want?
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Gene
"A hidden gem!"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. As a solo traveler, I felt safe and comfortable. The area was quiet and in walking distance to the major shopping district. The food and drinks was prepared quite well but somewhat pricey (you get what you pay for). The staff was courteous and professional. I would refer this hotel to my friends and relatives and would book there again.
6 night trip Jun 23, 2015
roslyn
"Nice Hotel with a directly entrance to the beach"
The Hotel and the staff are very friendly and obliging. It´s perfect to have the beach close to the hotel. The only part is the size of the room. For a vacation with lugagge it´s a Little bit to small. We also would suggest to vaccuum the carpet periodically because of the sand.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Annett
"Good experience."
Good location. Good restaurant. Hope to have a swimming pool.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Geary
I loved the location, and the beach was quiet and lovely compared to everything else I saw on Waikiki.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Below par experience at New Otani"
they put us in the extension part of the hotel which is really just a motel detached from the main building. No elevator so we had to drag our luggage up three stories, with noisy streets close by and business on the ground floor. A/C is weak and halty. Overall the premise is below par.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Nice place still under some construction, and no pool or gym.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Very relaxing hotel right on the beach"
We had a great relaxing stay at the hotel. The view was beautiful. The room was great. We enjoyed opening our door on the balcony and feeling the nice breeze and hearing the calming ocean sounds. We had a couple of doves visit us on the balcony almost everyday. It was just a great getaway!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Steps from Waikiki madness"
Great hotel, I like the Waikiki view from the hotel, less crowded beach and fantastic restaurant. Rooms were small but comfortable with private balcony.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Josephine
"Run down"
The hotel staff was super nice but the conditions of the hotel were less than desirable. I would not stay here again. My recommendation is to stay in Waikiki near all the stores.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Right on the beach and quiet."
Stayed in the smaller room but couldn't beat the ocean view. Room was ok. Had some ants along the ceiling a few times but the hotel staff took care of it. Great beach that is just out the back door of the hotel and away from all the Waikiki tourist.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"type of room"
I would highly recommend a beach/ city view room. They seem to be the rooms that are refurbished.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Right on the beach access easy"
It was all good, even got a o Monk seal on the beach! Only complaint is having to pay for parking after paying so much for the room,
Other trip May 24, 2015
dawn
"Incredible"
This truly is a great hotel. I can't wait to go back in the fall. On the beach one day there was a seal sleeping. The rooms are small but very clean.
Other trip May 23, 2015