All hotels in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio #2199, north hotel zone, Puerto Vallarta, JAL, 48333, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worst vacation of my life, and I've taken 1000+"
Absolutely the most horrid, manipulated hotel description EVER. Upon check-in, they wouldn't honor my "partial ocean view" room and blamed Expedia for not telling me it was a request. Expedia states the descriptions came right from the hotel. Ended up in a BASEMENT room. I screamed at management, and threatened to show pics of my room\view and a description of the room stating ocean or partial ocean view to my credit card company, only then did they cave in. The hotel's food was disgusting, and I've been to some pretty gross places and eaten some pretty gross things, especially in Asia. The service was mediocre. The restaurant staff was friendly. Water warning... this place is a joke. When you check in, they give you one banged up bottle of water. Then in order to get more, you can't call the front desk, you have to walk all the way to the lobby and fill it in the spigot. GROSS. This is the ONLY all-inclusive in PVR that does it this way, and I've stayed at $10 hotels in the middle of Thailand that even give you bottled water. This was so gross, and to have to go to the spigot at 2 am, absurd. I will NEVER stay at this place again. It is old, dilapidated, horribly kept. The management is all about their money, not about the guest experience. Was my first time here. Plenty other options in the area for the same cost, so this place isn't getting a penny from me again. I am telling everyone I know, from an experienced traveler, AVOID this place like the plague. It was misery
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Andrew, It is very disconcerting to read that you didn't have a good stay with us and I understand your disappointment. It is very unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your time in Friendly as the majority of our guests that visit us. Our main goal is to provide our guests with amazing experiences and mostly make them feel at home. When we receive our guest reservations it is up to the agency where they reserved to send us the requests they make and it is our job to fulfil them, however due to the amount of guest and requests that we have we are not able to fulfil them all, this is why we notify our clients that all requests are subject to availability but we do try our best. The reason we do not give a bottle of water everyday is because we are a hotel EcoFriendly, that means we try not to use plastic as much as we can to help the environment and we ask our clients to help us with this big task that is helping our world. Hopefully you can give us a second chance to changer your perception as the only thing we want is that all our guests can’t wait to come back.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Excellent Service!"
Best service we have ever had with wait staff on the beach! Rooms are a little dated but who cares when you only sleep in them anyway. Beach was great.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your opinion. Here, in Friendly Vallarta we consider each of our guests part of our family so we want you to consider us your home in Puerto Vallarta. We can’t wait to have you back! See you soon!
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Annual trip to Paridise"
Had a great time. Such nice people. I want to say this place sucks to make sure it is always available but that would be selfish. Double Double and Hugo the waiters are the best.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Linda, First of all I want to thank you for staying with us and being part of our family. I am so glad to know that all our staff made their possible to make sure that you had an amazing vacation. I will let Double Double and Hugo know about your feeling. We can’t wait to see you back next year!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Friendly lives up to it's name"
The staff is extremely accommodating and made the experience a great one. All the food is good, drinks are great too. The shows and events the staff puts on are fun.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Dani, Thank you so much for choosing Friendly Vallarta for your vacation destination and for taking the time to write your review. For all our staff our only mission is to make you feel at home and to share memorable moments. Hope yo see yo soon! Consider us your home in Puerto Vallarta.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Dani
"Awesome place to vacation"
The Hotel and Staff was great, very friendly and I would highly recommend it to anyone I know. Thank you for the great stay.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Janice, Thank you so much for your preference in Friendly Vallarta and for leaving us your review. In Friendly we work very hard as a team to make sure that all our guests have an amazing vacation. Hope we can see you soon for more Friendly experiences! and thank you for your recommendation!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Janice
"Friendly Hotel !"
The hotel is dated it was build 28 yeas ago and there is no to much renovations, but they keep it very clean , The stuff is amazing every single day all the time they make feel like home and very welcome. the location is great buses at the door for 0,50 cents of dollar you go any place is safe and easy to go up and down. Food is good and entertained also very nice , start a little early night but you have every day something nice to do also during the day. Cons the bed mattress are really hard and the TV on the rooms are so old !! no flat TV or good programs to watch or news, also people smoke all the time at the lobby if you don't like breath smoke you cant seat there. is the area for the smokers and is the entrance of the hotel. and you don't have another seat area to be comfortable any way the seats pillows are very old too. Honestly the best is the stuff , the employees they treat you like a friend they are amazing. They maintain the hotel very clean we had a very relaxed and good time .
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Lucy, First of all I want to thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta as your vacation destination. As you say our hotel is an old building but we are continuously renovating, this past year we changed all the elevators, furniture in all restaurants, we have a new brick pizza oven, palapas in the pool area, beds and linens in the rooms and we have much more coming! We have a no smoking area in the lobby near the coffee bar “Sweet Corner” where you can enjoy a smoke free environment. Thank you for recognising the hard work of all our staff, our only mission is to make sure that all our guests have an incredible vacation and feel like home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Lucy
"Just ok hotel"
Hotel is older. Room furnishings are good, but rooms and hallways need plastering and painting. Menu geared toward locals. Weekends many locals and lots of kids in pool. Food ok not excellent. No name brand alcoho except Bacardi rum.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear guest, First of all I want to thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta and for letting us know your opinion. As you say we are an old building, however we are always remodelling our facilities to provide our guests with the most comfortable experiences. Regarding the menu we try to cater different choices, we have an international buffet, a snack bar, a wood fire pizza oven, a french Italian à la carte, a grill à la carte restaurant, and we have theme nights during the week. We hope to see you again soon, here at Friendly Vallarta, please consider us your home away from home.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
midwestern US,
"5 star staff and service"
We are returning guests to this property - and they have many. We have met people that have been there a dozen or more times over the years and this was our 4th time. We may not chose the time of year again as there were very few weekly visitors, so they filled the rest of the rooms with weekenders who were often 4 to a room which put a lot of stress on the staff and the service quality went down. They also booked a lot of weddings on the weekends which also took staff away from the rest of the guests, and since it's a smaller property with a beautiful, but smaller beach front, if there was a wedding many of the weekly beachfront events were cancelled and there was limited space just to hang out and enjoy the beach in the evenings. Despite the busy times they do have an amazing staff, and we always know what to expect even on the days the staff is overworked. Food is high quality, even though it may not always have the best presentation, they have amazing service everywhere including the beach, there is almost always an "a la carte" option with or without reservations, and they actually treat the guests with respect - something we haven't gotten at many all inclusives no matter how many stars. And where else can you have a handmade woodfire pizza delivered to your lounge chair on the beach with your pina colada.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear guest, Thank you so much for coming back for the 4th time to your home in Puerto Vallarta and for sharing your experience. I am delighted to know that everything went great during your stay, our only goal is to make sure that all our guests have an incredible vacation and that they feel like home. It was unfortunate all the events that were happening during your stay that didn't let you live the Friendly experience at its 100 porcent, but I am sure that next time you will get to enjoy it at its best. We are already looking forward for your 5th visit!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Love this place!!"
I've stayed several times and will stay more in the future.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Anna, Thank you for your preference in our hotel, I am more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be visiting us in the future. Please consider us your home in Puerto Vallarta.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Anna
"NOT FRIENDLY !"
I requested a quiet room on 12 floor when I've booked it. I additionally sent them e-mail requesting quiet room on 12 floor two days before arrival. I was placed on 4th floor. I told a tall lady at reception (Alejandra?) that I requested 12 floor. She told me that the higher the sound goes, the louder it becomes. Interesting physics, I thought... She promised me that my room 2514 is perfect and that I would not want to move. I again asked her to make sure that I would not want to move, because I would not pack after I unpacked. She promised it would be quiet. IT WAS NOT. When I asked them to lower the unhealthy level of music, they told me that people needed to have fun and that nobody complained about it. Not true, a lot of people were complaining about non-stop music all over the premises - lobby, restaurant at the beach, on the beach itself and in the pool area, different kind of music blasting simultaneously. TERRIBLE. I had to call the police and only after that they reduced the volume somewhat. One could not hear TV in their room, while talking with Reception staff, I had to scream in their ears. On top of that, they started renovation and three last days of my stay, there was all day long construction noise on mezonin level restaurant. Food and drinks - terrible. The only exception was their gourmet restaurant, reservation required. I not even once used their pools or beach, had to go to Fiesta Americana. One of the elevators never worked. Sauna never worked either.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear IHATENOISE, Thank you for leaving your review and I am sorry that your stay wasn't as desirable as you expected. We do receive all emails of requests, however all of them are subject to availability, as we cannot fulfil every single one of our guests request we always make our best to do it, as our only goal is to make sure all our guests have an incredible vacation. Regarding the noise, all our music stops at 11pm to make sure that all our guests can rest. I want to also thank you for your feedback as it allows us to improve in certain areas. We would love to welcome you back in the near future to have the opportunity to show you how important our guests are for us and to make your stay a more enjoyable one. Best regards.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Gale
"nice clean friendly hotel"
Very good location in puerto vallarta
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for your visit. We will waiting for you a next time!
3 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
"The friendlist staff on earth"
We love the staff at the friendly hola hotel Everyone is so nice and genuinely warm and caring On leaving after a week 6 of the staff and mr Ortega ran to tell our group good bye It was very touching It's not the fanciest hotel but the service, location ,food and the view make it the best. Only change we could ask for is s better work out room with fans Also some hooks on back of public bathroom doors so u don't have to put your bag on the floor Otherwise we will be back again and again Love to the staff
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Lorena, Thank you so much for choosing Friendly Vallarta as your vacation destination and for taking the time to leave us your review. As you mention, in Friendly Vallarta we love to go above and beyond to make sure that all our guests feel at home and that they have a great time. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions we will definitely work on that! We look forward for your next trip to Friendly Vallarta!
bicycle happy
"VERY NICE HOTEL, GREAT SWIMMING POOLS"
LOCATION, LAYOUT, CLEANLINESS, VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. WILL GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED AND ARE VERY HELPFUL AND THEY ARE ALWAYS CHEERFUL AND VERY POLITE. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND VERY TASTY AND PLENTY OF IT.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Bill & Helene, Thank you so much for choosing Friendly Vallarta to spend your vacation, it was an honour to host you. It pleases me to read your comments and to know that we are headed in the right direction. Consider us your home in Puerto Vallarta and we look forward to the next time we will have you here!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
BILL & HELENE
"Excellent people"
Very nice experience and good food, but you need to fix a few things in your building, like the sound system quality, wi-Fi and touch up on your building, over all it's good.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Manny
"Hotel needs an upgrade to stay competitive."
The hotel is older and needs upgrades to the bathrooms and the furniture in the lobby. The staff on the other hand was very pleasant and nice. The food choices were average to below average at best and needed more choices. We had the same food choices night after night with little variety. The morning view from my hotel room was amazing and the entertainment was pretty good. Overall I give the hotel a C- but the staff an A for making us feel welcome.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great group stay"
We came on a guys' volleyball trip and were not disappointed. The staff was very attentive, with definitely a big shout-out to Gustavo and Ozy, who helped us at the volleyball court during our tournaments. The only complaint I would see is the standard dinner. They do have a gourmet restaurant for which you need reservations and we didn't try (but heard was good). But the standard dinner seemed a little too cafeteria-ish. They could improve it by doing a nice buffet or sit-down. Otherwise, all was good and we had a fun time.
4 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Neal
Close to the beach. Quick ride to down town shopping. There were a lot of small children while we were there.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"nice hotel and great beach view"
this is our second time there, the staff is wonderful and by the time you leave they have gotten to know you. Buffet food is good but does have many of the same things after a few days but the fruit is wonderful. We willcome again
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"all-in-one resort on the beach"
Wait-staff is super good, very friendly and helpful. Desk staff not so good. Maintenance staff very slow. Food is so-so. We spent 8 days there to celebrate 70th birthday.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Very nice experience."
We enjoyed our stay at the Friendly Vallarta Hotel. The rooms could use some repair and/or updating, however they were clean and served the purpose. The view was happily unexpected as we looked over the pool and could easily see the ocean. We didn't spend much time in our room because of the wonderful beach and activities. The Friendly Vallarta Hotel had elaborate dinners and Mexican parties on the beach three nights and there was always something to do. The food was good, especially if you have the staff make your food fresh like the eggs and fresh fish that are made on the grill in front of you. Lots of shrimp, fresh fruit and veggies too. We walked the beach almost into town, then took the sidewalk. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
K&C
"P.V. Friendly"
One of the best All Inclusives in PV. The staff was top notch and one of the best parts of the resort. Great food and many, many activities. We will be back !!
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
JAC
"Healing in the sun!"
My husband was recovering from rotator cuff and bicep surgery. We had an awesome 26 days again at the Friendly Vallarta for him to rest and relax. We were very well taken care of. This was our 4th stay at this resort each time it has improved. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. We had so many laughs with the staff. The waiters and activities staff were awesome form kids club, water aerobics, sports and entertainment etc. Daily yoga, kayaking, beach volleyball, water aerobics, bracelet making, spanish lessons, cooking lessons, tile painting and dance lessons.The Beach Party Dinner was the highlight of our week with a Latin show. Stayed on a lower floor in the tower and had better reception with wifi.. There was a good variety of food and always fresh. The Gourmet Restaurant was excellent. Barbecued Mahi Mahi on the beach was a real treat to look forward to. Also you could order a platter of garlic shrimp the day before and they will deliver it to you at your requested time.They also offered a variety of snacks served in the afternoon. The building is older but is so clean. They were in the process of changing 3 lobby elevators, so we had to use the service elevator. They certainly made sure that everything went smooth with the transition. Everyday we came back to our rooms and had a new towel animal, so talented. We do believe in tipping as the staff does work so hard. Would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
beach lover
"Great Staff and location"
The staff is very courteous and friendly, always there to make your stay a pleasant experience. Liked the added improvements of coffee bar, ice cream in the afternoon, restrooms on the beach, daily and night activities, and having the restaurant by the beach opened for dinner was fantastic!
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Gordon & Marie
"A NICE WEEK IN THE SUN WITH A LOT OF FUN TO BE HAD"
IT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. PRIMARILY FOR MEXICANS PERHAPS BECAUSE IT SEEMED THAT ONLY ABOUT 25% WERE NORTH AMERICANS
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
RAY
"Great place for a relaxing vacation"
This is a very nice resort to stay at. This was my first trip in Puerto Vallarta and I really enjoyed it. The staff was outstanding!! They were always very eager to make the stay wonderful. The resort is a bit older and thus wifi was difficult and slow in spots, but when your on a resort vacation like this, that is really minor. The food for an all inclusive was pretty good. Very clean place to stay, and it had fantastic views of the ocean. Very clean. Ovearall a good vacation spot.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Older resort but name is spot on"
It is an older hotel that can certainly use some refurb, but overall the experience was very pleasant. Both check in and check out were very easy and quick. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They do their best to keep the guest entertained. It is an intimate resort where the staff remember your names and make you feel like your visit really matters to them. Food was pretty typical resort food. The mexican fiesta night was tasty and gave us a real good opportunity to sample authentic mexican cuisine!! Drinks were plenty strong and good. They even gave beach service (both food and drink). We had a little trouble with the air conditioning, but they came promptly to assist. Overall a very nice stay.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Nanci
"Friendly Beach Resort & Spa"
My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel. the staff was incredible, very helpful and enthusiastic. We definitely want to come back again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Brandon
"great staff and decent hotel!"
As first time traVelers we did the all inclusive however the menu repeats its self even though there is 4 restaurants. The beer is okay but the mix drinks are very watered down. Other than the all inclusive portion we would definitely go back and stay again!
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Hatch
"All inclusive hotel right on the beach"
Overall was a pleasant stay. Relatively good value. Was nice as an american to be at a resort without many americans. The nightly entertainment was fun and a nice addition to our stay. The food is very unhealthy. Everything is fried. Also the same food is served over and over.
Other trip May 5, 2013
"Clean n Nice"
Clean hotel with nice staff. The hotel is not the newest one and does show some wear and tear.
Other trip Mar 13, 2013
"Late February 2013 Visit"
Basically, you get what you pay for. Food and booze sub par, location and staff are great!
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
"In need of a major update"
Although the setting and location could not be beat and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel itself was run down and old. The guests were incredibly noisy all night long as we're the restaurant set up staff in the early hours. Our mattress felt as though it were stuffed with corn cobs, which made a good rest impossible. The food mediocre.
Other trip Feb 9, 2013
"The staff are what make this resort awesome!"
I stayed at the Friendly (Hola) Vallarta for 4 nights between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I can't emphasize enough how amazing the staff were - from the maids, bartenders, waiters, activities directors, bellhop - ALL of them are super nice and exactly what they claim - FRIENDLY! Always happy, ready to make you laugh and go above/beyond to make you smile. The rooms are charming, only slightly dated/worn but kept very clean. The grounds were impeccably maintained, but during this busy season it was hard during peak hours to find a lounger/chair. I was also surprised to find the majority of the guests were from Mexico, but I guess that is common during the week I stayed.
4 night trip Dec 27, 2012
Jen

"Great stay as usual"
This was my 5th time staying at the Friendly. Had a great time as usual. Staff work very hard to make your stay a great one. Love the new furniture in the lobby and the restaurants. Food was good as usual.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Tracy, Thank you so much for being part of our family for over 5 years, it is always a pleasure to host you. As you noticed we always try to improve our hotel to make sure that the infrastructure stands up to the level of our service and make sure that all our guests enjoy their stay to the most. We are already looking forward to see you soon for your 6th time!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Tracy
"Great location right on the beach"
From the minute we arrived until we left everything was FABULOUS! I had sent an e-mail ahead of arriving explaining that this was our honeymoon and that we would love a room in the main tower. They replied saying that they would try to accommodate us. I figured that they might not follow through but, we were very surprised when we arrived and it was in our file that we were on our honeymoon. Our room was on the 10th floor and the view was amazing! There were 2 swans surrounded with rose petals on our bed. The second night they brought us a bottle of sparkling wine. The food, the entertainment, the service was excellent! Everything at Friendly Vallarta was GREAT! We would recommend this hotel to everyone. We are definitely going back again!
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Louise and Bart, First of all I want to thank you for choosing us to celebrate one of the most important holidays of your life, your honeymoon. We feel honoured to have contributed to make this special occasion an amazing one. In Friendly Vallarta we work very hard as a team to make sure that all our guests feel at home. We look forward to hosting you again soon as we would like to be part of more of your special moments! See you soon!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Louise & Bart
"Very pleased with the hotel."
Close to beach friendly staff we loved it. Laying on the beach was wonderful.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, It was a pleasure to have hosted you. I am delighted to know that you had a nice stay and that all our staff went beyond their way to make sure that you felt at home. We hope to see you soon, here at your home away from home.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"The name says it all"
The Friendly is a great resort in so many ways. I noticed this year there has been a noticeable effort being put forth with upgrades. A new pizza oven, yum!! New lobby furniture, lovely. And general tweaks that make this older gem shine!!! But it's the staff, every one of them are truly lovely and incredibly accommodating. They go above and beyond and it makes for great vacation memories!!
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Lisa, I am more than pleased to read your review. As you mentioned we have been renovating our hotel as it is very important for us to keep upgrading our facilities to provide our guests with more comfortable experiences, that is our commitment to always keep improving. We hope to have the opportunity to crete more memorable memories with you! See you soon!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"The staff live up to the hotel's name."
Not a big chain & an older hotel, but continually making changes to improve their facilities. Good, varied menu, but drinks are mediocre (made for speed, not quality; no brand names). Great beach, nice pools, and clean facilities. Great managers, service staff, support staff, and recreation/entertainment team are what makes us come back! The "kids club" continues to grow to accommodate families, and this hotel is for an older crowd...they don't cater to "spring breakers". Still, the lobby bar stays open late for people that want to socialize without heading downtown.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Rob, Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. As you mention we are always renovating our hotel in order to give our guests comfortable facilities so they can have an amazing vacation. In Friendly Vallarta we work very hard as a team to make sure all our guests feel like home. We can’t wait to have you back again soon!!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Rob
"Friendly Hotel!"
Friendly lived up to its Name! On check in I was welcomed with a smile, refreshing welcome drink provided at this time...always a nice. Room was fresh and clean with balcony and ocean pool view....fantastic! Staff were always attentive and friendly. Waiters even served us on the beach :). Ocean was warm and I spent 8 days preferring the ocean to the pool. Both pools were nice one family and the other adult infinity pool, I just prefer the beach. See my TripAdvisor review for october 2014
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Bryony, Thank you so much for your review, it perfectly describes what Friendly is all about. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a great time! We look forward to have you again, here in your second home… Friendly Vallarta!
8 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Bryony
NZ
"Friendly staff they make you want to come back"
Staff went out of there way to make you feel at home, food is good. Very relaxing,nice beach. We went out fishing the hotel kitchen cooked our catch it was amazing.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Dave, Thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta to spend your vacation experience. You perfectly describe the goal of Friendly which is to make sure that all our guests have a great time but mostly that they feel like home! We cant wait to have you back in the near future!
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
dave
"Very Friendly Staff, Lots of Activities"
This was my 3rd stay at Friendly Vallarta. The staff is so friendly and a number of them welcomed me back. They have lots of activities I enjoyed...water exercise, Spanish lessons, dance lessons. Love dancing on the beach and had excellent massages in their spa.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Rose
"Average accommodations, but was close to beach."
Staff was great! Facilities are old and outdated. Food was average.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Older hotel with wonderful people to help you."
Great food everywhere you turned. Staff were wonderful and beach was nearby.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Shirley
"Excellent atmosphere, great staff group."
The hotel is very comfortable, with the rooms all facing the ocean. It is not a really large place so there is a sense of community that you do not get in some other resorts. The staff throughout the hotel are excellent and a lot of fun and are with the hotel year after year and that says a lot about the place. The programming is good and the activation staff are a lot of fun. There are constantly different things going on from yoga, to exercise, language lessons, evening programs etc. There is always a variety of food available in the various restaurants and on the beach - always something new.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"best service!"
The hotel was beyond our expectations! The only reason it would not be considered a five star is because it is an older complex but everything was first rate. Huge rooms lots of storage areas gorgeous view. Already plans to return 2015!
7 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2014
adriana
"i"
everything was fine except the discasting smoke in the lobby area. And the very loud music and yelling until 2.00 AM
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Not again"
Staff is very friendly.in reviews I read that they had two buffets but it was actually only one and they had the exact same food every single night.it only got changed a little on the beach party evening and one night on the Mexican fiesta.food tastes ok but you get sick after eating the same thing more than twice.basically no entertainment at all.we were a group of ten and I was so happy we were entertaining ourselves because everything basically gets shut down after 9 o clock which is way too early.also we forgot our pool towels in our friends room and when we checked out they charged us 45 dollars for it even though we didnt even lose them.we had 5 rooms and our friends checked out earlier so they just charged us.i told the lady at the front desk that I work at a hotel too and we would never charge people for towels all she had to say was "different hotels have different rules"the towels were so thin and used up anyways,definitely not worth 45 dollars.you can get way nicer ones for 5 bucks at Walmart.we had fun but I would definitely not go there again.way overpriced for a hotel in that kind of state.they need to renovate or tear it down and rebuild it
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
Angie
The staff definitely make this resort. A lot of the amenities are a bit outdated but the staff sell it. So, it's great. Pool is a bit small but perfect for children. Rooms smell a bit musty but I've stayed in 5 star that smelled worse so I guess you can't help it. We found everyone spoke great English and had a smile on their faces. Our kids loved the food and that was the most important to us. Also, it was far enough away from the malecon but just a quick 5 min drive if you wanted to be amongst the hustle and bustle We would go back
3 night trip Mar 3, 2013
Sophia
"Not as great as what we read on the internet"
Only two positive things at that hotel...qualitiy of the staff and it is really clean. But other than that old resort need big renovation in the room... mold in the bathroom. A lot of noise during night... music people talking too loud, we haeds everything going on in the room beside us.. Not a lot og choices at the buffet. We wera really dissapointed and we will not return. We would have change of hotel the first day that we arrive there.
Other trip Jan 19, 2013
Travellers01
"Good family holiday"
Hotel room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was a bit repetative, and the main hotel was a bit hot and sticky as the air conditioning was not on very often. The pool and poolside was kept very clean
Other trip Aug 26, 2012