All hotels in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio #2199north hotel zone, Puerto VallartaJAL48333Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Common areas are nice, staff very friendly. Adult beverages very weak / watered down. Room nothing special, AC had to struggle to keep room cool, bed was like a rock. Food ok. Overall value?
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Jack, First of all we want to thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta as a vacation destination and for leaving us your review. In Friendly Vallarta our main goal is to provide the most personalised and friendliest service of all but most importantly to make you feel at home. We are very proud of the quality of our food and drinks and we do not water them down. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back. Friendly will always be your home away from home. See you soon!
4 night romance trip Mar 27, 2016
Jack
"Enjoyable Place"
Stayed over night with friends great place to have fun
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear guest, Thank you so much for leaving us your review and for staying over at our resort. We are happy to know that you had a great time and we are looking forward for your next visit. See you soon!
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
"Favorite place."
Our fourth stay in five years. Small resort with wonderful staff.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your preference and for being part of our family for all these years. As you mention our staff is what makes this a very special place, as our main goal is to provide the most personalised and friendliest service of all. Can’t wait to see you again for your 5th visit!!!
14 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
"Best place to vacation in PVR."
The staff were great, very helpful and always trying to make sure we were having a good time and enjoying all aspects of our stay at the resort.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Drew, Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are more than happy to know that you you had a wonderful vacation and that our staff made sure that you had a great time! That is our main goal, to provide the most personalised and friendliest service of all, but most importantly to make you feel at home. We hope to see you again soon!
6 night romance trip Jan 3, 2016
Drew
"Friendly Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta"
I booked a stay here three weeks ago after reading reviews online. I am now wondering who exactly wrote those reviews. This place was NOT good. Cons: It is under construction, which was not mentioned. The lobby area and bathrooms are a mess There is no AC in halls or lobby areas There is no bar after 6pm. You can sit in the lobby (again no AC- sweltering hot and have a waiter bring you a drink among the construction or get alcohol from the buffet and drink in your room) The food was terrible. I don't have very high expectations for an all-inclusive but after one meal here, I ate outside the resort for the rest of my stay. Defeats the purpose of an all-inclusive. The bar drinks are very weak. Also they are zero straws on the resort?!?! I asked at the information desk where I could jet ski or get information, I was met with a shrug and "I don't know." The towels for the pools are ready to fall apart. They sell day passes for the place so it gets overly crowded. The vendors on the beach in front of the resort will harass you. The rooms are awful. They smell musty. They are damp. The beds are rockhard. The walls are cracking. There is no mini bar. The toiletries provided in the bathroom are as minimal as you can imagine. Pros: Not far from the melacon so you can escape that resort for awhile The beach views are nice The wait staff are extremely helpful and friendly Right beside the resort is a delicious restaurant called LaLeche
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Anne, First of all I want to apologize for all the inconveniences that you found during your stay. We regret that you didn't enjoy your vacation with us as the rest of our guests, effectively we were renovating the hotel as we always look to improve to be able to give all of our guests the best facilities and service, the renovations are done now. The reason we do not have straws in the hotel is that we are an eco-friendly hotel and we try to minimize all the uses of plastic to be able to help the world in the most we can. I thank you for sharing your review with us, as it is very important to know all the experiences our guests encountered, and that way be able to improve and give a better service. I will personally look into all the situations you describe and we will take action. I really hope you can give us another chance to prove you how important all of our guests are, and show you all the improvements. Best regards.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Anne
"Great!"
Beautiful area the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful ... I can't wait to go back :)
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Martha, Thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta to spend your holidays and for leaving us a comment in this page. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time and that all of our staff contributed to make your vacation the best one! We hope to have you back, and please know that we will always be your home away from home!
4 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
Martha
"1st won't be last"
It was great friendly staff, plenty activities.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Kelisha
"needs lots of updates but close to downtown"
Not very welcoming. A few staff members were hospitable and helpful like Christian. Our room had a broken sliding glass door that was fixed with tape. The matter was fixed the next day after having to complain. We had to complain to have our room cleaned. We were notified that the house keeping leaves at 5 which is totally understandable, but we had been out of the room all day so there was no excuse for the room to not be cleaned during that duration. Our last full day there our room wasn't cleaned either and that was upsetting. We were so happy to pack up and leave to the airport hours before our flight was scheduled.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Travis, On behalf of all the staff of Friendly Vallarta I want to say that we are sorry that you found your experience with us lacking. I will definitely adress this matter with our management so we can work together as a team and be sure that this doesn't happen again. We hope you can give us another chance in the future to show you how we consider all of our guests like family and you can see all the renovations that have been done to the hotel. We renovated the whole lobby, we have a new restaurant, new furniture, and lots more!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Travis
"The hotel is nice , we have a great ocean view"
The hotel staff is great and friendly, make me feel like we are at home, food is great, lot of choices to eat, drink, and the dinner with the show are nice.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Norma
"Nice Hotel close to the beach and Downtown area"
good service by the personal in the Hotel in the dinning area and the bar , the employes at the Hotel are great
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Rudy, First of all I want to thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta to spend your vacation time. It was an honour to host you. I am more than pleased to read that you enjoyed the service that all the staff of Friendly Vallarta provides, our main goal is to provide the friendliest and most personalised service of the city, and mostly we always want to make you feel like home. We are looking forward for your next visit to this, your second home, Friendly Vallarta.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Rudy
"Worst vacation of my life, and I've taken 1000+"
Absolutely the most horrid, manipulated hotel description EVER. Upon check-in, they wouldn't honor my "partial ocean view" room and blamed Expedia for not telling me it was a request. Expedia states the descriptions came right from the hotel. Ended up in a BASEMENT room. I screamed at management, and threatened to show pics of my room\view and a description of the room stating ocean or partial ocean view to my credit card company, only then did they cave in. The hotel's food was disgusting, and I've been to some pretty gross places and eaten some pretty gross things, especially in Asia. The service was mediocre. The restaurant staff was friendly. Water warning... this place is a joke. When you check in, they give you one banged up bottle of water. Then in order to get more, you can't call the front desk, you have to walk all the way to the lobby and fill it in the spigot. GROSS. This is the ONLY all-inclusive in PVR that does it this way, and I've stayed at $10 hotels in the middle of Thailand that even give you bottled water. This was so gross, and to have to go to the spigot at 2 am, absurd. I will NEVER stay at this place again. It is old, dilapidated, horribly kept. The management is all about their money, not about the guest experience. Was my first time here. Plenty other options in the area for the same cost, so this place isn't getting a penny from me again. I am telling everyone I know, from an experienced traveler, AVOID this place like the plague. It was misery
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Excellent Service!"
Best service we have ever had with wait staff on the beach! Rooms are a little dated but who cares when you only sleep in them anyway. Beach was great.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Annual trip to Paridise"
Had a great time. Such nice people. I want to say this place sucks to make sure it is always available but that would be selfish. Double Double and Hugo the waiters are the best.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Friendly lives up to it's name"
The staff is extremely accommodating and made the experience a great one. All the food is good, drinks are great too. The shows and events the staff puts on are fun.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Dani
"Awesome place to vacation"
The Hotel and Staff was great, very friendly and I would highly recommend it to anyone I know. Thank you for the great stay.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Janice
"Friendly Hotel !"
The hotel is dated it was build 28 yeas ago and there is no to much renovations, but they keep it very clean , The stuff is amazing every single day all the time they make feel like home and very welcome. the location is great buses at the door for 0,50 cents of dollar you go any place is safe and easy to go up and down. Food is good and entertained also very nice , start a little early night but you have every day something nice to do also during the day. Cons the bed mattress are really hard and the TV on the rooms are so old !! no flat TV or good programs to watch or news, also people smoke all the time at the lobby if you don't like breath smoke you cant seat there. is the area for the smokers and is the entrance of the hotel. and you don't have another seat area to be comfortable any way the seats pillows are very old too. Honestly the best is the stuff , the employees they treat you like a friend they are amazing. They maintain the hotel very clean we had a very relaxed and good time .
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Lucy
"Just ok hotel"
Hotel is older. Room furnishings are good, but rooms and hallways need plastering and painting. Menu geared toward locals. Weekends many locals and lots of kids in pool. Food ok not excellent. No name brand alcoho except Bacardi rum.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear guest, First of all I want to thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta and for letting us know your opinion. As you say we are an old building, however we are always remodelling our facilities to provide our guests with the most comfortable experiences. Regarding the menu we try to cater different choices, we have an international buffet, a snack bar, a wood fire pizza oven, a french Italian à la carte, a grill à la carte restaurant, and we have theme nights during the week. We hope to see you again soon, here at Friendly Vallarta, please consider us your home away from home.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
midwestern US,
"5 star staff and service"
We are returning guests to this property - and they have many. We have met people that have been there a dozen or more times over the years and this was our 4th time. We may not chose the time of year again as there were very few weekly visitors, so they filled the rest of the rooms with weekenders who were often 4 to a room which put a lot of stress on the staff and the service quality went down. They also booked a lot of weddings on the weekends which also took staff away from the rest of the guests, and since it's a smaller property with a beautiful, but smaller beach front, if there was a wedding many of the weekly beachfront events were cancelled and there was limited space just to hang out and enjoy the beach in the evenings. Despite the busy times they do have an amazing staff, and we always know what to expect even on the days the staff is overworked. Food is high quality, even though it may not always have the best presentation, they have amazing service everywhere including the beach, there is almost always an "a la carte" option with or without reservations, and they actually treat the guests with respect - something we haven't gotten at many all inclusives no matter how many stars. And where else can you have a handmade woodfire pizza delivered to your lounge chair on the beach with your pina colada.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear guest, Thank you so much for coming back for the 4th time to your home in Puerto Vallarta and for sharing your experience. I am delighted to know that everything went great during your stay, our only goal is to make sure that all our guests have an incredible vacation and that they feel like home. It was unfortunate all the events that were happening during your stay that didn't let you live the Friendly experience at its 100 porcent, but I am sure that next time you will get to enjoy it at its best. We are already looking forward for your 5th visit!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Love this place!!"
I've stayed several times and will stay more in the future.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Anna, Thank you for your preference in our hotel, I am more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be visiting us in the future. Please consider us your home in Puerto Vallarta.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Anna
"NOT FRIENDLY !"
I requested a quiet room on 12 floor when I've booked it. I additionally sent them e-mail requesting quiet room on 12 floor two days before arrival. I was placed on 4th floor. I told a tall lady at reception (Alejandra?) that I requested 12 floor. She told me that the higher the sound goes, the louder it becomes. Interesting physics, I thought... She promised me that my room 2514 is perfect and that I would not want to move. I again asked her to make sure that I would not want to move, because I would not pack after I unpacked. She promised it would be quiet. IT WAS NOT. When I asked them to lower the unhealthy level of music, they told me that people needed to have fun and that nobody complained about it. Not true, a lot of people were complaining about non-stop music all over the premises - lobby, restaurant at the beach, on the beach itself and in the pool area, different kind of music blasting simultaneously. TERRIBLE. I had to call the police and only after that they reduced the volume somewhat. One could not hear TV in their room, while talking with Reception staff, I had to scream in their ears. On top of that, they started renovation and three last days of my stay, there was all day long construction noise on mezonin level restaurant. Food and drinks - terrible. The only exception was their gourmet restaurant, reservation required. I not even once used their pools or beach, had to go to Fiesta Americana. One of the elevators never worked. Sauna never worked either.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Gale
"I had to call the police on them!"
I had special request - quiet room on 12 floor. E-mailed them to repeat my request 2 days before coming. Was promised QUIET room. Upon arrival, Alejandra (a tall lady) at the Reception gave me 4th floor (after I immediately asked her to make sure I was getting a QUIET room on 12 floor.) Alejandra reassured me that I was getting a perfect room. I told her that when I unpack I won't be moving, so please make sure I would have to move. Again, she told me my room was PERFECT and that 12 floor is not quieter than lower floor (interesting Physics, I thought...) Needles to say, that the entire building (my room was 2514) was SHAKING by terrible level of "music" combo played in three different places, simultaneously. INSANE! All of that became obvious around 11 p.m. when I was in my room for the night. I called Reception and told her that she should make that UNHEALTHY level of noise more tolerable and that I was NOT moving. She was clueless and tried to convince me that people were having FUN. Next morning, I contacted ROSEANDO who told me that he was Manager. He did not seem to understand that THEIR LEVEL OF NOISE was UNHEALTHY and that a lot of people were unhappy. I had to tell him that IF they would not make the noise tolerable I would contact the police AND USA Consulate in Mexico City. In the evening I HAD to call the police and they spoke with the hotel. Most of the following NIGHTS were more or less tolerable (meaning that after 10 p.m. the BUILDING was NOT shaking.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Gale
"nice clean friendly hotel"
Very good location in puerto vallarta
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for your visit. We will waiting for you a next time!
3 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
"The friendlist staff on earth"
We love the staff at the friendly hola hotel Everyone is so nice and genuinely warm and caring On leaving after a week 6 of the staff and mr Ortega ran to tell our group good bye It was very touching It's not the fanciest hotel but the service, location ,food and the view make it the best. Only change we could ask for is s better work out room with fans Also some hooks on back of public bathroom doors so u don't have to put your bag on the floor Otherwise we will be back again and again Love to the staff
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Lorena, Thank you so much for choosing Friendly Vallarta as your vacation destination and for taking the time to leave us your review. As you mention, in Friendly Vallarta we love to go above and beyond to make sure that all our guests feel at home and that they have a great time. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions we will definitely work on that! We look forward for your next trip to Friendly Vallarta!
bicycle happy
"VERY NICE HOTEL, GREAT SWIMMING POOLS"
LOCATION, LAYOUT, CLEANLINESS, VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. WILL GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED AND ARE VERY HELPFUL AND THEY ARE ALWAYS CHEERFUL AND VERY POLITE. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND VERY TASTY AND PLENTY OF IT.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Bill & Helene, Thank you so much for choosing Friendly Vallarta to spend your vacation, it was an honour to host you. It pleases me to read your comments and to know that we are headed in the right direction. Consider us your home in Puerto Vallarta and we look forward to the next time we will have you here!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
BILL & HELENE
"Excellent people"
Very nice experience and good food, but you need to fix a few things in your building, like the sound system quality, wi-Fi and touch up on your building, over all it's good.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Manny
"Hotel needs an upgrade to stay competitive."
The hotel is older and needs upgrades to the bathrooms and the furniture in the lobby. The staff on the other hand was very pleasant and nice. The food choices were average to below average at best and needed more choices. We had the same food choices night after night with little variety. The morning view from my hotel room was amazing and the entertainment was pretty good. Overall I give the hotel a C- but the staff an A for making us feel welcome.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Low quality hotel with poor food"
Although the friendly had nice staff the hotel itself was run down and the food was not good. The website is deceiving in that it makes it seem as if there are many food options which is not the case. The hotel is on a beach with brown murky water. During our stay, 2 adults, the hotel was filled with kids and teens. We were looking forward to doing activities at the hotel, but those they had were geared toward the kids. At night there was not much to do if you did not want to dance in the lobby with all the teens. However since the location was good we went downtown. We also had bugs all over the room. Although the staff came in to clean them out I was given a can of RAID to spray myself. We couldn't keep the door open to hear the ocean since the bugs would come in - they were large and many.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
JC
"Great group stay"
We came on a guys' volleyball trip and were not disappointed. The staff was very attentive, with definitely a big shout-out to Gustavo and Ozy, who helped us at the volleyball court during our tournaments. The only complaint I would see is the standard dinner. They do have a gourmet restaurant for which you need reservations and we didn't try (but heard was good). But the standard dinner seemed a little too cafeteria-ish. They could improve it by doing a nice buffet or sit-down. Otherwise, all was good and we had a fun time.
4 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Neal
Close to the beach. Quick ride to down town shopping. There were a lot of small children while we were there.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"nice hotel and great beach view"
this is our second time there, the staff is wonderful and by the time you leave they have gotten to know you. Buffet food is good but does have many of the same things after a few days but the fruit is wonderful. We willcome again
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"all-in-one resort on the beach"
Wait-staff is super good, very friendly and helpful. Desk staff not so good. Maintenance staff very slow. Food is so-so. We spent 8 days there to celebrate 70th birthday.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Very nice experience."
We enjoyed our stay at the Friendly Vallarta Hotel. The rooms could use some repair and/or updating, however they were clean and served the purpose. The view was happily unexpected as we looked over the pool and could easily see the ocean. We didn't spend much time in our room because of the wonderful beach and activities. The Friendly Vallarta Hotel had elaborate dinners and Mexican parties on the beach three nights and there was always something to do. The food was good, especially if you have the staff make your food fresh like the eggs and fresh fish that are made on the grill in front of you. Lots of shrimp, fresh fruit and veggies too. We walked the beach almost into town, then took the sidewalk. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
K&C
"P.V. Friendly"
One of the best All Inclusives in PV. The staff was top notch and one of the best parts of the resort. Great food and many, many activities. We will be back !!
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
JAC
"Healing in the sun!"
My husband was recovering from rotator cuff and bicep surgery. We had an awesome 26 days again at the Friendly Vallarta for him to rest and relax. We were very well taken care of. This was our 4th stay at this resort each time it has improved. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. We had so many laughs with the staff. The waiters and activities staff were awesome form kids club, water aerobics, sports and entertainment etc. Daily yoga, kayaking, beach volleyball, water aerobics, bracelet making, spanish lessons, cooking lessons, tile painting and dance lessons.The Beach Party Dinner was the highlight of our week with a Latin show. Stayed on a lower floor in the tower and had better reception with wifi.. There was a good variety of food and always fresh. The Gourmet Restaurant was excellent. Barbecued Mahi Mahi on the beach was a real treat to look forward to. Also you could order a platter of garlic shrimp the day before and they will deliver it to you at your requested time.They also offered a variety of snacks served in the afternoon. The building is older but is so clean. They were in the process of changing 3 lobby elevators, so we had to use the service elevator. They certainly made sure that everything went smooth with the transition. Everyday we came back to our rooms and had a new towel animal, so talented. We do believe in tipping as the staff does work so hard. Would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
beach lover
"Great Staff and location"
The staff is very courteous and friendly, always there to make your stay a pleasant experience. Liked the added improvements of coffee bar, ice cream in the afternoon, restrooms on the beach, daily and night activities, and having the restaurant by the beach opened for dinner was fantastic!
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Gordon & Marie
"A NICE WEEK IN THE SUN WITH A LOT OF FUN TO BE HAD"
IT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. PRIMARILY FOR MEXICANS PERHAPS BECAUSE IT SEEMED THAT ONLY ABOUT 25% WERE NORTH AMERICANS
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
RAY
"Great place for a relaxing vacation"
This is a very nice resort to stay at. This was my first trip in Puerto Vallarta and I really enjoyed it. The staff was outstanding!! They were always very eager to make the stay wonderful. The resort is a bit older and thus wifi was difficult and slow in spots, but when your on a resort vacation like this, that is really minor. The food for an all inclusive was pretty good. Very clean place to stay, and it had fantastic views of the ocean. Very clean. Ovearall a good vacation spot.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Older resort but name is spot on"
It is an older hotel that can certainly use some refurb, but overall the experience was very pleasant. Both check in and check out were very easy and quick. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They do their best to keep the guest entertained. It is an intimate resort where the staff remember your names and make you feel like your visit really matters to them. Food was pretty typical resort food. The mexican fiesta night was tasty and gave us a real good opportunity to sample authentic mexican cuisine!! Drinks were plenty strong and good. They even gave beach service (both food and drink). We had a little trouble with the air conditioning, but they came promptly to assist. Overall a very nice stay.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Nanci
"Friendly Beach Resort & Spa"
My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel. the staff was incredible, very helpful and enthusiastic. We definitely want to come back again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Brandon
"great staff and decent hotel!"
As first time traVelers we did the all inclusive however the menu repeats its self even though there is 4 restaurants. The beer is okay but the mix drinks are very watered down. Other than the all inclusive portion we would definitely go back and stay again!
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Hatch
"All inclusive hotel right on the beach"
Overall was a pleasant stay. Relatively good value. Was nice as an american to be at a resort without many americans. The nightly entertainment was fun and a nice addition to our stay. The food is very unhealthy. Everything is fried. Also the same food is served over and over.
Other trip May 5, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Best Staff Mexico"
The bar staff and kitchen staff are second to none.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Hello Matt, Thank you for stayed with us and sharing your experience. We really appreciatte your feedback and don´t hesitate to come back soon.
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
"Fun stay"
This is my first stay in an all inclusive resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The beach is lovely. There is yoga, aquafit and other activities everyday that I enjoyed. I am vegetarian and i found the buffet selection a bit limited for protein but I was able to request a special meal which the chef prepared. The fruit, veg, salads and brick oven pizza was all excellent. The place is super clean.loved dance nights on the beach. On the down side they are doing major work inthe lobby area so there is noise and dust during the day. I never heard it in the room or in the pool area.
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear guest, Thank you for choosing Friendly Vallarta as your vacation destination and for sharing your review with us. We are so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to help you to fulfill your needs. In Friendly Vallarta our main goal is to provide the most personalized and friendliest service in town, but most importantly to make you feel at home. As you mention we were doing renovations in the lobby, which are done now, as we are always looking to improve and give a better service. We hope to have the honor to host you again soon, we will always be your home away from home.
5 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2015
"Nice Vacation"
This is a hotel which lives up to it's name, "Friendly". We recently got married here and the staff were excellent. The beach is lovely and so is the adult pool. The kids pool was way too crowded for my taste. The food was great. You need to try the wood oven pizza at the beach snack bar, it is great. I found all the food very good and I have been to many different all inclusives in Mexico. The staff did an excellent job with the wedding.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Great stay as usual"
This was my 5th time staying at the Friendly. Had a great time as usual. Staff work very hard to make your stay a great one. Love the new furniture in the lobby and the restaurants. Food was good as usual.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Tracy
"Great location right on the beach"
From the minute we arrived until we left everything was FABULOUS! I had sent an e-mail ahead of arriving explaining that this was our honeymoon and that we would love a room in the main tower. They replied saying that they would try to accommodate us. I figured that they might not follow through but, we were very surprised when we arrived and it was in our file that we were on our honeymoon. Our room was on the 10th floor and the view was amazing! There were 2 swans surrounded with rose petals on our bed. The second night they brought us a bottle of sparkling wine. The food, the entertainment, the service was excellent! Everything at Friendly Vallarta was GREAT! We would recommend this hotel to everyone. We are definitely going back again!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Louise & Bart
"Very pleased with the hotel."
Close to beach friendly staff we loved it. Laying on the beach was wonderful.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"The name says it all"
The Friendly is a great resort in so many ways. I noticed this year there has been a noticeable effort being put forth with upgrades. A new pizza oven, yum!! New lobby furniture, lovely. And general tweaks that make this older gem shine!!! But it's the staff, every one of them are truly lovely and incredibly accommodating. They go above and beyond and it makes for great vacation memories!!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"The staff live up to the hotel's name."
Not a big chain & an older hotel, but continually making changes to improve their facilities. Good, varied menu, but drinks are mediocre (made for speed, not quality; no brand names). Great beach, nice pools, and clean facilities. Great managers, service staff, support staff, and recreation/entertainment team are what makes us come back! The "kids club" continues to grow to accommodate families, and this hotel is for an older crowd...they don't cater to "spring breakers". Still, the lobby bar stays open late for people that want to socialize without heading downtown.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Rob
"Friendly Hotel!"
Friendly lived up to its Name! On check in I was welcomed with a smile, refreshing welcome drink provided at this time...always a nice. Room was fresh and clean with balcony and ocean pool view....fantastic! Staff were always attentive and friendly. Waiters even served us on the beach :). Ocean was warm and I spent 8 days preferring the ocean to the pool. Both pools were nice one family and the other adult infinity pool, I just prefer the beach. See my TripAdvisor review for october 2014
Response by Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Bryony, Thank you so much for your review, it perfectly describes what Friendly is all about. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a great time! We look forward to have you again, here in your second home… Friendly Vallarta!
8 night trip Sep 30, 2014