All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here164 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Rooms"
I have good experience and I like the hotel very much
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Clean and Good Staff"
Clean and Good Staff
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Wood Thanksgiving trip"
My family used to live in Mammoth and we had the opportunity to visit and let the kids see where they are from. Everyone on the property was very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, and willing to go the extra mile to make sure that we were happy!Emily from Cub Club was great with the kids and even helped me keep my computer charged because I forgot my charger. She was a job saver for me considering that I had work to get completed on this Thanksgiving trip! Sammy at the front desk was very helpful . Everyone was awesome. I would definitely stay again and recommend friends/family to stay too! Only thing I didn't like was the water pressure was way too low in the shower, and the beds were a bit hard for my taste. Overall great place in the heart of the town with easy access to everything!
5 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Suzannah
"Bad mattress and dirty room carpet."
I would not go to the same hotel again. 1) The mattress was too soft and curved at both sides so I had a torturous sleep both nights I stayed there. 2) The carpet in my room was dirty. 3) The 2-bed room across mine was occupied by at least 8 people so it was loud and stinky when the door was open.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Descent hotel, price was great."
Stayed here 1 night for business. It was cold- I think the low was 14 degrees. When I got into the room at 10pm it was freezing... prob 55 degrees. I set the heater on high but it was 4am or so before the room reached 70 degrees. I just remember freezing all night. Other than that things were great.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Christopher
"Mountain getaway"
Sierra Nevada has a wonderful lobby which truly makes it feel like a beautiful mountain lodge. We stayed in a standard room, which is really just a basic motel room. Comfortable but nothing special. We did look at one of the upgraded suite rooms which was a huge step up - would definitely upgrade the next time. The staff was friendly and very helpful. It is centrally located in town, so very easy to get around and the town has a free shuttle, so you don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want to. My only complaint is that calling it a "resort" really feels like a stretch and the only benefit I saw for the "resort fee was internet, which many places offer free now. The resort fee really felt like just a way to increase the room rate without advertizing the higher rate. It felt deceptive.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Sjjama
"Resort and spa?"
We were just traveling through, on our way to Yosemite, but this is certainly not a 4 star hotel, and definitely not a spa and resort (at least not the way I think of spa and resorts). We had a very sweet young woman the first day, who even gave us a complimentary upgrade, when we tried to check out again. The hotel is probably amazing for young adults on ski trips (18+) - but if you want to spoil yourself, this is not the place to stop.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Ann Christin
"Nice Hotel at Mammoth Lakes"
I like to visit Mammoth in the Spring and Fall months when the place is less crowed and the accommodations are more affordable. We always stay at Sierra Nevada Resort because they are pet friendly so we don't have to board our dogs at home. The Resort is conveniently located to numerous restaurants and shops which are an easy stroll.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Don't judge a book by it's cover"
This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside to a seasoned traveler, but once you get in - awesome! We went camping for the week and when the weather turned we booked a last minute hotel for the last day to warm up and get clean. We got way more than expected! The staff is so great, the rooms are incredibly comfortable! We had a fireplace, heated floors in the bathroom, heated toilet seat (I now want one for home), a huge bath tub and a shower big enough for two with a rain feature. The bed was super comfortable with fluffy pillows and a great comforter... so many great features. Kitchen was fully stocked - loved it! We plan on coming back and staying for longer!
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Lucie
"Excellent value"
Great stay as always. Best value hotel in Mammoth and next to everything.
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"great place, but check out your room first"
Great hotel One issue. After booking on line we checked in. But the room had NO A/C and was stuffy and uncomfortable. When I complained they accommodated us with an upgrade which was awesome. I was just a little surprised that they tried to pawn off the stuffy room on us in the first place. But it is a great place to stay great service and nice people.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
quiet and friendly
"Good but be aware of extra charges"
Hotel was OK, but be aware of extra charges for parking and WIFI which they didn`t told was to be charged before we checked out. Really good food at the restaurant next door.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
Oddvar
Great location. Nice reception area adjoining bar. It all feels very cozy. The $25 a night resort fee does not seem justified, however.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"one night in Mammoth"
Great staff - very friendly and helpful. Good place for our one night stay.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Grace
"Nice place to stay for a ski trip"
We stayed here on our way to Yosemite National Park. Hotel lobby has a ski lodge feel. The whole hotel was hot, but it had been in the 90s that day. Looks like they might be in the process of updating. Nice beds and down pillows, but parts of the bathroom were dated. No elevator, so not friendly for disabled people. If you're looking for a clean room and nice bed for an overnight stay, this is your place.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Sue
"Nice little resort hotel."
Nice little resort hotel. Spa services, pool, hot tub (didn't bubble, but was big and plenty hot). Remodeled fairly recently. Clean, spacious, and conveniently located in town.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
Safe in room did not work.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2014
"More than expected"
Had a great stay in Mammoth! Enjoyed the "ambiance" of the hotel--full of character of days gone by, yet renovated with so many amenities. Upon check in our room was upgraded! Thank you Abi! We loved the fireplace suite! Definitely would return if in the area.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
JJ
Had a great experience/stay here. Staff was great and the kid's activity room (Cub ___?) was very appreciated.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Nice place but......"
It was clean the staff were very good, Food choices were spoilt by the entertainment when we arrived there was Bingo going on in the bar restaurant which meant that we had to eat al la cart which was very small portions and not very well cooked. We stayed 2 nights but did not eat there again.
2 night trip Aug 25, 2014
ann
"Good Quality"
This was a nice place that delivered on the amenities promised - hot tub, pool, free miniature golf, steam room and sauna. The price was reasonable, although the did charge a resort fee... which I knew upfront.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
It was a great place to stay in the mountains. Samantha at the front desk was very nice and helpful and told us about a great place to eat called Chart House which is in walking distance. We were very pleased with our stay and would stay here again.
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
C Laurence
"Resort Fee Scam"
Upon arrival the receptionist quickly handed us the key and pointed to the hotel map. "You should park wherever you can find a space." Ended up parking on the street. After breakfast at the hotel restaurant I checked out. The resort fee appeared . I asked what it was for. For the wi-fi but was never given the code; for the parking but had to park on the street ;for the 10% discount in the restaurant but no such discount given was on the bill. If you're going to charge a resort fee, hand a list of covered items to the guest, with how to access the "Benefits."
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
RobertO
"Not that great"
Location was great, Room was poor when we walked it it smelled very musty, , no AC , they had a big old fan to use , carpet was dirty with big stains, bed was not that great, channels on tv many did not come in just showed big colored squares . I guess they have started to redo rooms as I walked by one that looked nice.But I did not get one of those, even hall carpet was filthy.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"overall great spot!"
beautiful views. nice amenities- lap pool, spa services, gym (with beautiful views). in mountain village where it's easy to take gondola into the town of Telluride. Highly recommend this hotel!!
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Tara
"Hotel has character"
I had a good stay here overall. My kid loved the miniature golf, pool, Cub Club, playground, weight room, and pool table in the lobby which he ran too every morning. He loved the place. For me I found the room lacking as its August and 85 degrees yet the room has only a fan I put up against the window. But I made that mistake by not upgrading when I ordered as I missed the details deleted air conditioning. It was not conspicuous and was a big deal. The fridge seemed hard pressed to work, once I turned it on it didn't cycle and cool with the compressor. I heard only a small hum. Not exactly happy. At least by morning my drinks were cold. Also the ice maker on my floor was dead. I had to go to the neighboring building for ice. Fitness room was average; 4 pieces of equipment, 1 weight, 2 bikes and an elliptical machine. My room was also in the arm pit of a building so I had only a little view. But whatever, I was happy to move upstairs and look South. Rafters next door was hit and miss with food and service. I got served readily for dinner at happy hour and breakfast when I ate there but people who came after me were complaining about the long wait. I started to time it, I got drinks, ate my meal, and watched some sports on TV and heard them go on for close to 30 minutes before getting any service. Waitress said she didn't see them come in and sit down. Dinner was not great, the burger was lacking, and chicken tenders were hard, fries were not good but dried out from a heat lam
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Nice amenities, good location"
other than the jacuzzi not being bubbly, all the other amenities are really good. close to downtown and 5mn drive to village resort.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Good overall, but some issues"
The hotel is clean and offers spacious rooms at a reasonable rate. However, I had some issues with this hotel. First, charging a "resort fee" seems ridiculous since this doesn't seem like a resort to me. I'd prefer to see that charge included with the room cost instead of tacked on at the end, which is misleading. Second, while the staff at the front desk were friendly, they weren't especially well-informed. For example, I asked if the lockers located in the entry areas were available to rent, the person at the front desk didn't even know. Finally, the hot tub was only about 2/3rds full, was not nearly warm enough, and the jets were not working. If you're going to call yourself a resort, at least make sure your hot tub works.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Gem away from the Lodge"
This resort was about a 5 minute drive away from the crazy crowds of Mammoth Lakes Lodge, in a great location with excellent restaurants within an easy 2 minutes walking distance. It was decorated in a rustic style with excellent modern amenities. We didn't use the spa but other people said it was great. you walk in to a warm reception area with a fireplace and lounge to the left and lots of seating with game boards to the right. The front desk help was great. Jimmy's Taverna was right next door with excellent Greek food. The room was clean with a large bathroom and walk-in shower. I would highly recommend the Nevada Sierra Resort & Spa for a place to stay for winter skiing, summer hiking, and any occasion. It is close to all areas without fighting the crowds.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Eileen
"Smoke"
The resort was beautiful and the staff was great. The only problem was the smoke odor pervading the main floor. I don't know how the problem can be solved, but it forced us to comfine our gaming and dining to the second floor which is smoke-free. The smell hits you as soon as you walk in and stays on your clothes until they're washed.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Lou
"Almost Perfect"
Staff was outstanding. Not all rooms have air conditioning, and ours was stuffy. There was a fan we could plug in, and we slept with the window open, but next time we will get a room with air conditioning. Otherwise, loved the hotel and surrounding area!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Kirsten
"Resort?"
Not sure this place qualifies as a resort. good helpful staff but room price and resort fee are too steep for what they have to offer.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Gupta
"Very Disappointed"
Based on my selection via the web site and based on the price I selected a suite with 2 queen beds and a small living room. Their was no living room and our room was very small with very little extra space literally 2 queen beds with also no space to turn around the bathroom very very nice and upgraded. We were passing through with our 2 teenage kids and just staying for the night. Our bathroom and the halls reeked of marijuana. The location was walking distance to several restaurants which was handy. But I would never every stay here again. We basically walked to dinner went to sleep as early as possible and left ASAP in the am. Way over priced for what it is.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Spectacular Customer Service"
The staff of this hotel were absolutely outstanding!! The rooms were updated, clean and cozy.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Deborah
nice mountain style room. average staff
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
The room & location more than met our needs. We would probably stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2014
"Just right"
Simple, not too fancy, not too motel 6ish. Price was ok, coffee in lobby was decent !!! Front desk was very friendly & helpful.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Bill G
"Very nice hotel in Mammoth Lakes"
Very nice and pleasant hotel in Mammoth Lakes
Abraham
"Great hotel for the price"
Very Clean. Hot hot tub. Decent free breakfast. Just try and get a room that faces the forest, not the freeway. Our room faced the forest and it was silent with the window open, but I imagine the rooms facing the freeway would be less pleasant. Walking distance to Donner Lake.
JB
"Nice for an inexpensive hotel"
The hotel itself was very acceptable. Just be aware that when you check out they tack on a $25/room (we had 2 rooms) charge as a "resort fee". When I asked what that covered, they said the resort fee was for the "free drinks" offered at the bar, and for the "free" mini golf, neither of which we participated in, and obviously, neither of which were actually free. We had laundry to do and the cost/load was prohibitive.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Janet
"An all around very nice hotel"
The hotel was clean, everything in the room worked, but there were a few things that were rough around the edges. The room for example didn't have an air conditioner, which for Mammoth is almost never an issue. When we were there in August however, it got up to around 80 during the day, which was a bit warm without an air conditioner. The shower head also needed a little bit of work and made a loud metallic ringing noise when turned on. Overall though, a very nice hotel, and for the price, it was amazingly better than the Motel 6 or best western, for only marginally more money. Would definitely return to again.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
the room was nice. it was clean, updated, and the beds were comfortable. AC, microwave and refrigerator were a must and we had all 3 in our room. the refrigerator got cool enough, but did not have a freezer compartment. although the front desk staff was pleasant and tried to be helpful, there is a huge problem with check in and check out procedures. we were told we could not check in until 4:00, which is late for most hotels. when we got there at 4, they still weren't ready for us. a large line formed and people were standing in line to get their rooms, even though all had reservations. the maintenance staff did not empty the garbage cans in the hallway routinely and whenever we went to throw something away (because the room only had one tiny trash can), the garbage cans on every floor were overflowing. when we asked the bartender about each of the 3 restaurants, he told us about them. we walked down to the greek restaurant in the rain only to discover it was closed. we went back to ask the bartender and he said, "oh yeah, the greek and chinese restaurants are closed on monday." he could have told us that and saved us a walk in pouring rain with no umbrella. Overall, it is a pleasant place to stay…nicely decorated and decent amenities, and although the staff was very nice, the service was poorly organized and executed.
jo
"One big problem"
We loved everything about the hotel except for one major problem. The lobby is lovely, the rooms are very nice. The staff is great. So, what is the problem? Apparently the hotel books with frequent large tours. They pour in at the end of the day so that check in is a nightmare. We arrived at 5:30 or 6:00 pm and the rooms were not ready. We did not get into room until after 9:00 pm. And there were numerous other unhappy guests who could not get into their rooms either. I noticed the same occurrence the next night as well. In addition, our room window was right above the area that the hotel allowed the bus to park so that at 7 am we were awakened every morning when the bus started its engines. So, if you can be sure to arrive early and ask for a room away from the buses, you may have a lovely stay. Also, this would be a summer problem I believe. I don't think they run these tours in the winter.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Diann
"Excellent!"
The Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa is a must stay when in Mammoth. The staff, although somewhat inexperienced, went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed. We were greeted with champagne and given vouchers for happy hour. Rafter restaurant has incredible food served by an excellent staff who are friendly and efficient. The men's room at the Spa was under construction but the massages rocked!! Otherwise, our fireplace suite room was probably the nicest room we have ever had....and we travel a lot. We will not stay anywhere else when in Mammoth from now on!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Close to town. Easy to walk to restaurants"
Was only there for 1 night but I liked the location of the hotel as it was close to restaurants and biking/running trails. Was a bit disappointed with the cleanliness of one bed as it had a wad of hair in the sheets that looked like it was left from when it was laundered. Hotel staff very friendly.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
lynn
My room was not ready for 3 hours after the posted check-in time. Morning checkout service was painfully slow.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Cody and Chase
"Very nice hotel for 3 nights"
I stayed with my family for 3 nights. The location, comfort and cleanness of the hotel was great for the price. I would stay there again. I would recommend for the staff be more interactive with the guests and recommend things to do.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Hamid
"Great room, terrible service. Hardly a resort."
The room was very nice, very modern and newly remodeled. You pay $25 for a resort fee, this is NOT a resort. The only thing included was the miniature golf course in the parking lot. The lady didn't mention anything about what was included in the resort fee. The wifi was a joke. It worked for about an hour during our one night stay. The front desk kept giving us the run around on the wifi. The lady at the front desk was not very friendly and almost juvenile. Again, the room was very nice and comfortable. The refrigerator never got cold so we used our cooler. There is NO elevator so be aware.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"close to the event we went to and kid friendly."
nice room, plenty of cool stuff to do at resort. decent food and great staff.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
mike
"Family time"
A nice surprise for the family. Plenty to to keep you and the kids distracted. Heated pool and large spa was nice. Outdoor play structure, games, tables/benches, and fire pit made for a park like setting. Mini golf course on the property!! Pool table and bar in the lobby. Kid club with video games, large tv/movies, and other things to do was a bonus. Did not try the restaurants on the property. Walking distance to shopping and dining. Only downside is there is not A/C in rooms. Box fans provided but still a little warm during the summer.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014