All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
164 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Just a city girl, working in a small tourist town"
I love this hotel. I travel a lot for working for a major CPG company, but everytime I have to go back to Mammoth I look forward to Sierra Nevada Spa and Resort. Thanks for another great stay!
3 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Linette
"Nice hotel, reasonable price"
Enjoyed our stay, wish the beds were more comfortable, and wish they would serve breakfast.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Tanea
"Good for a ski trip"
We would definitely stay here again! Good location convenient to restaurants and shopping, shuttle stop right outside the front door. Nice room, very friendly staff, enjoyed the bar/fireplace in the lobby and the hot tub.
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Kay
"Great Hotel. Friendly Staff!!"
Great stay. Everything convenient from bus accross the street to ski slopes to wonderful resturants within walking distance. Mostly the staff was very very friendly. Looking forward to returning
3 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
Edward
"Really Good!"
It was better than I expected
2 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"Resort near slopes"
4 nights here so we could snow board. Snug rooms and space but perfectly suitable.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
L
"solid 3 stars"
Stayed there for 3 nights. It was an OK hotel. Location is great - right next to a bunch of restaurants and convenient as far as driving to the slopes. The pool was closed due to winter season. I thought room service could be better. Noticed dust on table tops and didn't like the way they did beds. Also, the hotel is warm even though there is no central heating in the rooms. We didn't have to use the window heater in the room. Even had the window crack opened at night. Overall I would give it a solid 3 stars.
2 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"What a surprise."
We've been going to Mammoth Mountain since 1980, but never stayed here until last week. Wow, what we were missing. Nice room, friendly staff, great jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom, even a neat miniature golf course. Very close to shuttle stops for skiing, or you can take advantage of the resort's own van. Can't say enough about this "hidden" treasure.
Stan
"Nice place if you can overlook the deccor"
The theme is "historic and rustic" but sadly it's more "mock nostalgic". If you think it'd be quaint, you'd be wrong, cause it ain't. And fake signs in the room? That's just tragic!
"Ok"
The hotel was recently renovated, from pics online looks nice. It is fine but not sure how it is a resort... Room was clean and nice, but heater/a/c was extremely loud and was not working correctly. Front desk staff was ok, check in was nice but keys were not coded, check out was just to get you out.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"What a great way to spend the weekend."
Pleasantly surprised by the renovation, antique piano, bar, fireplace, rooms, hot tub, proximity to good post-mountain dining. Everything! I will be staying here a lot more often.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
joseph
"Awesome stay."
Very friendly staff. Great location, easy to get around with free shuttles.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
"Over rated! over price!"
Over price! Resort fees don't make any sense. Gotta give them credit on the marketing photos though, sure got me fool...
2 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
jimmy
"Nice hotel with cozy feelings"
Close to shops , restaurants and coffee shops.Room very nicely decorated with fireplace . Nice staff
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Cozy stay"
Had a great relaxing stay. Hotel is close to everything. Inside bar was great.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Great spot!"
Had a great time in the hot tub and playing pool in the lobby.
Phil
"Check in time was suppose to be 3:00pm."
The check-in was absolute chaos. Our room wasn't ready until 7:20pm. The lodge was overbooked and understaffed. No discount or other form of apology was offered. The lobby consistently ran out of coffee, apple cider and hot chocolate. Do NOT stay here.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Heater was too noisy, the sink did not drain fast."
Some of the staff were nice, the bus driver was very helpful, the Jacuzzi was not working.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Nice hotel but bad service"
I booked the hotel through Expedia 3 days prior. We arrived 2 hrs and 15 mins after check in time and they told us they didn't have a room for us yet, they would call us when one was ready. They said they didn't have enough clean rooms and there was a line of people waiting. I told them I paid $300 for a room for one night and now they are telling me I can't shower and go to dinner before 8 pm and that i wanted a discount. They said they could only waive the resort fee because I paid through Expedia. After telling them I wanted a room in the next 15 mins if they couldn't pro-rate my room charge, they finally found something available. In the end it was fine, but only after fighting with them. Expedia needs to figure out a way to discount rooms if customers are not given what they paid for, and the hotel needs to staff up appropriately for the number of reservations they have.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
lauren
"Nice place to stay when you're not shreddin the Mt"
Friendly staff. The softest and warmest beds. Beautiful stone tiled shower. Thanks Sierra Nevada Resort for the hot cocoa.
A.C.
"Nice place if at "regular" hotel rates."
No WiFi available in our room. Deluxe room is typical hotel room, fair in the $200 per nite range in a resort town. We went during New Years and paid well over $400 per nite. Would never do that again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice stay for a family, very friendly staff!!!"
Very helpful staff, like the room and the public areas. Staff addressed every request we had promptly, including managing noisy next door guests!!!
Adrian
"Hoilday trip."
We went from the 27th to the 31st of Dec. it was great timing. Not to busy, snow at least 2 days for skiing and tubing . The hotel had great atmosphere. Fire going in the lobby with a nice pool table and chess. They even had a cute little bar. The gym had all that you would need and up to date ones. Over all I would stay again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Tracy
On our stay we did not have hot water and mist out on two showers all day for my hole family, the spa juzzi pumps were not working
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice Mammoth Lakes Hotel with a Friendly Atmospher"
Very convenient and comfortable hotel with a great little bar. Only complaints would be slow check-in and check-out and lack of functional jets in the hot tub.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Hotel was OK .."
The location of the hotel was great with the restaurants and shuttle close by. The jets in the hot tub did not work and that is very disappointing since I really look forward to that after snowboarding. The staff didn't seem too concerned about getting it fixed just said they knew it didn't work. We asked the housekeeper to come back and clean our room later and they didn't come back therefore it didn't get cleaned that day.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice stay before Christmas"
We came up for a trip just before Christmas. The facility was great, the staff was wonderful. Robert and Trace at Duke's bar were both welcoming and friendly. They had a Santa come in for the kids on the 22nd and say high to everyone too. It's a great place to stay.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Jonathan
"awesome"
Abigail hooked us up with a suite and it was amazing!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Great place to stay in Mammoth"
The hotel was very nice and cosy! Loved the bar and huge fireplace in the lobby! We were pleasantly surprized to be upgraded for free to a king size suite! The suite was wonderful! Cozy bed and loved the fireplace and sitting area. The bathroom was also perfect with a huge shower and soaker tub.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Sierra Nevada"
Quaint hotel, great spa amenity!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
It was great - loved the hotel, especially the nice suite with fireplace we were in.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Flying Solo"
Came out for one night for a solo getaway and the staff was very accommodating when discussing late check out. The representative behind the counter did her best to meet my needs, and worked with me on a fair price for late checkout without it going into another night stay. Although I did not end up using the late check out option and chose to spend more time in the snow, the effort sure made a difference when the goal was stress relief.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
"All That I Needed"
Very cozy, great service.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Jay
"Great hotel at a great price"
Loved this hotel, great lobby area and fun room for kids to play in. Would have loved to stay longer.
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
maria
"Good 3 nights stay at Mammoth"
We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel since we want to explore Eastern Sierra Nevada on our Thanksgiving holiday. It's a bit early in the season and there's no snow or rain for the 3 days of our stay. Great place to stay for Mono lake photography which is around 20 miles away but it's close enough for me to shoot early at Mono lake for the 3 days. Not too far to visit Bodie Ghost Town and come back. Going to Tahoe and back is a bit of a stretch but do able The $25 resort fee is a bit ridiculous since the pool is tiny and empty, the spa is no bigger than a large bath tub, the miniature golf looks worn out - none of those can be consider 'resort amenity' in any stretch. Over all, it's a good hotel to stay but they got do do away with the hidden resort fee (it's no resort!) .
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
JD
"Good Rooms"
I have good experience and I like the hotel very much
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Clean and Good Staff"
Clean and Good Staff
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Wood Thanksgiving trip"
My family used to live in Mammoth and we had the opportunity to visit and let the kids see where they are from. Everyone on the property was very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, and willing to go the extra mile to make sure that we were happy!Emily from Cub Club was great with the kids and even helped me keep my computer charged because I forgot my charger. She was a job saver for me considering that I had work to get completed on this Thanksgiving trip! Sammy at the front desk was very helpful . Everyone was awesome. I would definitely stay again and recommend friends/family to stay too! Only thing I didn't like was the water pressure was way too low in the shower, and the beds were a bit hard for my taste. Overall great place in the heart of the town with easy access to everything!
5 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Suzannah
"Bad mattress and dirty room carpet."
I would not go to the same hotel again. 1) The mattress was too soft and curved at both sides so I had a torturous sleep both nights I stayed there. 2) The carpet in my room was dirty. 3) The 2-bed room across mine was occupied by at least 8 people so it was loud and stinky when the door was open.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Descent hotel, price was great."
Stayed here 1 night for business. It was cold- I think the low was 14 degrees. When I got into the room at 10pm it was freezing... prob 55 degrees. I set the heater on high but it was 4am or so before the room reached 70 degrees. I just remember freezing all night. Other than that things were great.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Christopher
"Mountain getaway"
Sierra Nevada has a wonderful lobby which truly makes it feel like a beautiful mountain lodge. We stayed in a standard room, which is really just a basic motel room. Comfortable but nothing special. We did look at one of the upgraded suite rooms which was a huge step up - would definitely upgrade the next time. The staff was friendly and very helpful. It is centrally located in town, so very easy to get around and the town has a free shuttle, so you don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want to. My only complaint is that calling it a "resort" really feels like a stretch and the only benefit I saw for the "resort fee was internet, which many places offer free now. The resort fee really felt like just a way to increase the room rate without advertizing the higher rate. It felt deceptive.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Sjjama
"Resort and spa?"
We were just traveling through, on our way to Yosemite, but this is certainly not a 4 star hotel, and definitely not a spa and resort (at least not the way I think of spa and resorts). We had a very sweet young woman the first day, who even gave us a complimentary upgrade, when we tried to check out again. The hotel is probably amazing for young adults on ski trips (18+) - but if you want to spoil yourself, this is not the place to stop.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Ann Christin
"Nice Hotel at Mammoth Lakes"
I like to visit Mammoth in the Spring and Fall months when the place is less crowed and the accommodations are more affordable. We always stay at Sierra Nevada Resort because they are pet friendly so we don't have to board our dogs at home. The Resort is conveniently located to numerous restaurants and shops which are an easy stroll.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Don't judge a book by it's cover"
This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside to a seasoned traveler, but once you get in - awesome! We went camping for the week and when the weather turned we booked a last minute hotel for the last day to warm up and get clean. We got way more than expected! The staff is so great, the rooms are incredibly comfortable! We had a fireplace, heated floors in the bathroom, heated toilet seat (I now want one for home), a huge bath tub and a shower big enough for two with a rain feature. The bed was super comfortable with fluffy pillows and a great comforter... so many great features. Kitchen was fully stocked - loved it! We plan on coming back and staying for longer!
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Lucie
"Excellent value"
Great stay as always. Best value hotel in Mammoth and next to everything.
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"great place, but check out your room first"
Great hotel One issue. After booking on line we checked in. But the room had NO A/C and was stuffy and uncomfortable. When I complained they accommodated us with an upgrade which was awesome. I was just a little surprised that they tried to pawn off the stuffy room on us in the first place. But it is a great place to stay great service and nice people.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
quiet and friendly
"Good but be aware of extra charges"
Hotel was OK, but be aware of extra charges for parking and WIFI which they didn`t told was to be charged before we checked out. Really good food at the restaurant next door.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
Oddvar
Great location. Nice reception area adjoining bar. It all feels very cozy. The $25 a night resort fee does not seem justified, however.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"one night in Mammoth"
Great staff - very friendly and helpful. Good place for our one night stay.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Grace
"Nice place to stay for a ski trip"
We stayed here on our way to Yosemite National Park. Hotel lobby has a ski lodge feel. The whole hotel was hot, but it had been in the 90s that day. Looks like they might be in the process of updating. Nice beds and down pillows, but parts of the bathroom were dated. No elevator, so not friendly for disabled people. If you're looking for a clean room and nice bed for an overnight stay, this is your place.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014