All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
1603 East Oltorf Blvd, Austin, TX, 78741, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.8
    2.9
    2.5
    2.8
"the worst experience ever"
First....I have to request a diferent room, because the one they gave me stink awful. ....second the "breakfast".....lack of a decent anything, only orange juice in that machine, not enough quantities for the people, and the desk service ......really? Since when our American passport is not a proper id?...only one light in the room work, and I can keep going , but why botter...I go every weekend to Austin, and trust me, never again in this hotel...was a big mistake I stay there because want to be close to my destination activites.....
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
nilse
"Don't stay here"
At check-in the receptionist said she couldn't find our reservation and sent us to another hotel. After two phone calls and some confusion we came back and asked her to try again and sure enough, she found it after putting in a little effort. Roaches on the wall in the room and lots of mold and mildew in the shower, so I wouldn't let the kids take baths. We would have checked out but it was already 8 pm, we just got off a long flight and not being familiar with the area, I was too nervous to be driving around at night looking for a place to stay. The beds were clean at least, so we locked the door tight and checked out early the next morning! Horrible neighborhood, I think most of the people stsying at the hotel live in it full time. Not what LaQuinta advertised on their site at all. Never again!
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Little getaway"
We enjoyed the stay, nice and clean and service was exceptional! recomend highly
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
rey
"Poor! Over all"
DISAPPOINTING
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Ramon
Carpets are filthy. I can get over the rest of the things but that carpet was disgusting.
3 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Comfortable bed but a little run down."
The bed was super comfy and the front desk staff were really nice! AND there's a totally awesome totally authentic Mexican restaurant next door (not Tex-Mex or fusion)! That said, the bathroom door didn't close all the way and wasn't in the best condition. The refrigerator was really wobbly and seems like it was going to fall over every time we opened it. Also, the light switch in the front controls the entry overhead as well as several lamps in the room. There is no way to just turn on the lamp in the corner without also having the overhead entry light on.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"just good enough"
Good enough for a place to crash with your buddies. Do not take the gf.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Gerard
"Never again"
When we came in to check in, the woman at the desk didn't seem to notice us and continued talking to the security guard. When we finally did get to give her our information she started to inform us that the room we had ALREADY paid for was not available and that we'd have to get a different type of room. After explaining I already paid for that room and have a confirmation number she mentioned there was one more room and was rude for the rest of the transaction. When we get to our room, it was seemingly clean and tidy but as we stayed in the room we noticed the pillows are horrific. I've never slept on a worse pillow. There was a (live) bug on the writing desk by our bed, the bathroom floor had hairs all over it, the shower was poorly put together and heaved under pressure, the toilet would not flush itself, you had to manually pick up the back park and pull the plug to flush, not to mention the running water sound we had to hear all night. I would not recommend this location.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Courtney
"down town Austin"
Good room
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Barry
"Not the best hotel in town"
I wouldn't stay here with kids. It was a little sketchy, not enough to make me leave and find a different hotel, but enough that I didn't sleep too well. The room smelled also smelled musty.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Victoria
"wonderful"
comfortable the room was quiet.the grounds were kept clean. the lobby has lots of room for eating breakfast. traffic in lobby flowed well. no one got in anyones way. the airconditioner was quiet.everyone was very polite. we enjoyed our stay. luby's was across the street.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"professional staff, clean rooms but dangerous area"
Stayed here for a week since on was on business. I choose this location due to its close proximity to downtown. It was a clean stay and all the staff I dealt with was accommodating. Unfortunately there are no gates around the vicinity and there were a lot of shady homeless people walking around the complex. There was even a fight outside my room but the hotel security handled it. I will not return due to the unsafe feel I had the entire time. Not so much for my safety but for theft. They need a gate plain and simple, when your that close to downtown the abundance of meth heads from downtown Austin is ever so present.
3 night business trip May 26, 2015
xero
"LaQuinta no longer a fan in Austin"
the room was not clean, there was litter and trash around the walls of the room. The air conditioning did not work, towel racks broken and screws left in the floor. Cleaning services were not timely. We ran our of toilet paper, waited over 2 hours to get it, took it off a maid cart myself. Towels were brought when it was noticed that I took the toilet paper. When the maid did make it to my room, she was sweet in personality. (best personality) I would not use this hotel in my next visit. LaQuinta used to be the best place to stay in Austin, definitely not par any longer. I am very disappointed. We do not bother staff for anything unless very necessary. Toilet paper is a basic necessity. I hope cooperate updates this mess of a building and applies basic courtesy. I do not think it is the staff working there, this is a cooperate level failure. I imagine they will remove my review, seems to only post positive information online. Good luck to the next set of visitors.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"not so quite"
People talking and drinking outside the door of their room till midnight, it was not nice. they should designate an area where people can hang out without disturb the sleep of other guests.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Gianluca
"very poor front desk personnel"
On my last night there, several guests were outside of my room cooking on a barbeque grill. They were loud, using profanity and I was unable to sleep. I called the front desk and the clerk who said her name was Irene came out and was laughing and talking to these individuals. When I called again about the noise, she said "they were quiet and she couldn't make them do anything".
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
Madelyn
"Moldy bathroom"
Probably won't stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Donald
"Happy"
Wish the pool was open later
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
charles e
"okay"
Room needs more amenities upgrades
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Nice - not outstanding but no complaints - showing its age
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Jon
"A little unexpected"
Had some trouble getting in touch with the front desk on numerous occasions. Also, I was charged my hotel fee through hotels.com and then come to find I was changed again for my stay through the hotel itself. I was told they just needed a card to hold during my stay, under the impression I would not be charged. Not to mention I never signed any receipt for the charge. However, I didn't have much trouble with the refund to my card. Just an inconvenience.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
Ashley
"Austin trip"
disturbance from birds all night long.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Austin get-away"
Good location for our purposes and easy to get into town. Very loud though. Walls must not be insulated. Doors slamming, can hear people talking, etc.
4 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
Pam
"CC policy stinks"
Won't stay there again because of the CC policy in place for La Quinta. I payed online thru Hotels.com and a "charge" amount was placed on another card.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
"ehhh... last resort"
your paying for location..they jack the rates up super high if anything decent is going on in Austin. Rooms are big and seem to be recently remodeled but the main lobby seems pretty dule. If this hotel wasen't close to downtown i wouldn't spend more than $65 a night.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Matthew
Very dated and unclean. Our first toom didnt have a smoke decltector. Second room we were given full mattress instead of queen. Property needs some major rehab
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Not worth the money"
Not even close to being worth the money. Old dated,
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
bud
"Near downtown"
The toilet in the room was broken and although I booked for a week through Expedia, the hotel refused to honor the booking for the week because it was booked through a third party.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Brandon
"Thin floors no sound barrier"
Up all night because this hotel is nasty. The floors are thin and I heard every little noise from the people above.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Not good"
Rooms were not clean, breakfast had cold coffee probably from the day before. People were checking in going in their room and leaving... La Quinta needs to do an upgrade!
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"An average hotel"
Convenient location. The courtyard layout is actually nice, however the hotel is showing its age. The carpeting needs to be replaced.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Not a good area"
Not a safe area, didn't feel comfortable in the hotel room so we changed hotels.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2015
Mollie
"Never again"
The peep whole in the door was stuffed with toilet paper. No tissues in bathroom, the shower nob would slid out of temperature, wake up request never happened, vending machine not working. Were told we were a 5-10 minute walk to South Congress St. ...No way..had to cab it.
3 night trip Feb 18, 2015
"Wouldn't make this mistake again"
This place was a joke. I've never reviewed anything in my life, but felt the need to say it is way over priced for a crummy hotel room, weak at best breakfast, awful location (highway noise and shaddy people screaming).
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Nice overnight stay"
Stayed just one night and it was perfect for what I needed. The area is a little on the rougher side, and do not recommend the restaurant next door. The breakfast had a good selection and was happy with what they offered.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2015
Cheryl
"Conveniently located with easy access to S Austin"
Quick check-in, good breakfast choices, comfortable bed. I rented a handicapped access room, and it was larger than I expected, with a mini refrigerator and a microwave.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Definition of (okay)"
Hotel was clean as far as maid services,however, hotel was run down and old. The room smelled old and dingy. Hotel in general needs a renovation. Staff was nice and helpful and again room was very clean. Was not impressed with breakfast but so close to south congress and downtown where a lot of good places to eat exist.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
blake
"Old "motel-style" property."
This was not the typical LaQuinta hotel experience I've come to expect. I am sure it is mostly due to the age and layout of the property. The most negative aspect of my stay took place during check-in when I was informed that my debit card would be pre-authorized for the entire amount of my stay - essentially removing that purchasing power from my account for up to 14 days - despite the fact that I had already pre-paid in full 10 days in advance. Apparently this is hotel policy - and one that will certainly deter me from ever staying at LaQuinta again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"For Travelers on a Budget"
Good if you're looking for something close to DT without paying DT prices. Since the hotel is located right next to the interstate the noise was TERRIBLE and it was hard to fall asleep. I recommend requesting a room towards the back, furthest away from the roads. Staff wasn't very friendly.
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Evelyn C.
"Cold Shoulder"
My room had no heat(freezing in the room) and when I notified the hotel general manager he showed zero concern. I don't recommend this La Quinta to anyone who is looking to be treated with any respect or courtesy. Very disappointed!
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Dominick
"So disgusting we left an hour after check in"
The room looked decent at first. Until we looked at the chairs and saw unspeakable stains all over them (yes plural). Neighborhood is very shady. Would not have set foot outside if I had my step kids with us. We hated it so much we paid exuberant prices at the hotel at the AT&T Conference center near the capitol just an hour after check in. Please don't waste your money and just pay a little bit extra to stay near the Capitol or near Round Rock at least.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Antonia
"Close to capital and restraint."
The room was ok but the toilet leaked and the door to the room would get stuck. We almost panicked until we figured out the trick. I told the front desk but nothing was done about it. The front desk were kind to us as well as maid service. If I pressed it I'm pretty sure they would've upgraded us but it was a busy week so I didn't bother.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
monica
"You get what you pay for"
Great location from downtown...Hotel needs a redo...you get what you pay for.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Bruce
"1/17-18 STAY"
I have never had a bad experience with a la quinta, but this stay was not the same. I arrived early @ 1pm and of course I knew the room wouldn't be ready but I thought I'd give it a try. They said to come back at 3 and they would have one ready for me. Went back at 3:20 and they said all they had was smoking rooms, and me being the friendly person I am I said I would try it. NO! I couldn't it smelled so bad. I had to go back up and tell her that I couldn't. She then said it would be a 30 minute wait for another room and she would call me when a "promised room #" (which was close to the family that was staying also)was ready. Fail! an hour later I get back in line and she says, "I only have one room ready" on the exact opposite side of where I was promised. Had it just been my husband and I , I wouldn't have cared but we wanted to be close to our family. don't think I would rent a room here in the future. only upside was the nice shuttle driver JD
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Wonderful staff"
Glad to welcome us, negotiate about our needs and always insuring that our needs were met.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
sharon
"Very Spacious and very clean."
It was cold outside and not great weather but the room was great. Spent most of our time there during the New Year holidays!
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Location"
I love the pet friendly accomadations. There was a lot of traffic in and out of the parking lot. I took my dog out for he was anxious due to all the people. While I was walking we ran into a police investigator. I started to get concern for safety. The safety factor by location is really the only reason for not giving it a recommendation not La Quinta or the staff.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Noisy"
Beds were comfy and clean. Carpet smelled like feet. Walls were paper thin - had to get up in the middle of the night to tell kids outside our room to move along. Noise is a huge problem at this hotel. In the morning you could hear housekeeping carts - every turn of the wheels. As we were leaving, we had to walk past a domestic altercation where guns and 911 were threatened.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Austin New Years"
A place close to 6th street economical for family to gather before and after New Years festivities. Rented 3 rooms with 2 double beds. Nothing fancy but servicable.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"little run down"
cigarette burns on tub and counters; bad cigarette smell in room. most of the staff was nice, except the young woman who checked us in. room cleaner was real nice, and tipped her only. breakfast was bad; did not return for house breakfast 2nd morning. waffle mix is horrible.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
tom
"easy to find"
no smoking room was smelly bathroom door broke towel rod broke no usb charger fridge
Other trip Dec 1, 2014