All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
1603 East Oltorf Blvd, Austin, TX, 78741, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
Room was ok, there was no sound proofing around the door. You could here every car that drove by.
3 night business trip Jan 25, 2016
"Regret booking my stay here. Worthless"
Damaged sink, water leakage.. horrible experience. Not worth the money I spent.
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2016
Vinjamuri
Everything was good except for the bathroom. The hotel is older and some updates are needed, toilet took a long time to flush and the shower had mildew.
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
"New Years Eve crash pad"
This was our family staging area for New Years Eve and it worked fine for that purpose.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
"Won't return..."
We felt unsafe because the lock on the door was broken. There was hair all over the shower. It was noisy and the A/C didn't work right. Breakfast was ruined by the staff standing around gossiping at the front desk. And they placed a $75 hold on my card on top of the charge is already paid for "incidentals". Ridiculous.
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2015
The staff was friendly and the hotel was easy to find. Our room was musty, but clean; this is definitely an older hotel. We only needed a place to stay for one night and this did the job.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
Great proximity to Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Yolanda
This was an older hotel and needed some exterior maintenance. The night staff was very friendly. The breakfast was not up to par. The beds were comfortable, sheets and towels were clean. It would have been nice to have a second trash receptacle in the room for the bathroom. All and all it was an okay experience for the price.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
"La Quinta on Oltorf"
WE just needed a place to stay between Dr's visits. Quiet, clean, very friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
"awesome hotel downtown, with the best shuttle serv"
It was nice to be close to downtown Austin and 6th St. Love the awesome shuttle service at the hotel. Very friendly staff.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"You get what you pay for.."
Decent hotel, staff a bit cold, a group if homeless gather at the street corner which makes it a bit unsettling. My truck was broken into, so glad I use "the club" on the steering wheel... I'll give it a 2 out of 5 due to the truck break in and the less than friendly staff, especially the front desk.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Great staff, older bldg. But staff made up for the minuses.
6 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
"Cheap and Cheerful"
For a "motel" style property with exterior room access, this property was very nice. The room was clean, non-smoking as promised, and the WIFI was fast and free.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
"Just okay...."
For the price we paid to stay here, I think it should have been a lot nicer. The room was okay but a little shabby. Everything just looked old and one of the door knobs was missing on the bathroom doors, which never quite closed right. There was broken glass on the floor in the hallway when we were checking out. When I asked for an extra blanket from the front desk, the person told me there was not one and suggested I just turn up the heat in our room. I was traveling with someone who did not want the room hotter so I was cold all night. I've never heard of a hotel not having extra blankets so hopefully they will invest in some extra one for guests in the future.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
OKAY
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
Leroy
"Gross"
Unfriendly staff, filthy bathrooms with dirt and hairs in the corners of the floor.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2015
"Facility Update Needed"
Room was nice, however the hallways were scary. The doors and elevators were awful! The security was lacking, the key entries were not working. An update is needed.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
security door didn't lock. no trashcan in bathroom. room was otherwise clean. continental breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Kimberly
"I did not like, too old"
horrible mattress woke up with back pain. breakfast with a few tables and chairs.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
the room was musty when we checked in but we're too tired to move. They refused to take cash at check in so now my cc has a hold on it, even though we paid cash at check out..
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Cheap A## Hotel"
The rooms were not the greatest. It was not a pleasant stay. Rooms were hot and bathrooms were not cleaned as well nor did they have a vent.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
"Happy customer!"
Great location for ACL!
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
"Good, except for a couple of problems"
The hotel and staff were fine, but there were a couple of problems. The main one was that the cleaners left my door open all day long, from the morning cleaning until I returned at 10pm. I came home to find it almost closed but obviously open, any of the many homeless in the area would have had full access. Fortunately I had nothing of value in the room, and I saw nothing missing. The second problem was that when I called the front desk to report the door being open, the night attendant told me he'd reduce the rate because of the problem, which would have been nice. Unfortunately, when I checked out there was no reduced rate, and no note about the door being left open.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Backed up shower tub. Urine in the toilet that had been there for a LONG time (powerful enough smell to gag).
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Len
"Never Again"
The desk clerk when we arrived was a dullard, and only marginally competent. The hotel smelled bad. The easy chair in my room had filthy dark stains all over it. There was a dark black stain in the tub. The dead bolt in my door was broken. There was no facial tissue. The daily cleaning was indifferent. Only one ice machine in the whole complex was working. On two of the four mornings, waffles were not available at breakfast. One the second day, none of our keys worked, and we had to stand in line to get this corrected. Frequently the doors on the second floor with access to the elevator were locked, and I was forced to use the stairs. I have arthritis in my hip, and this was painful for me. There were homeless people camped against the fence near the entrance. I witnessed drug activity in the parking lot on Sunday evening.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"The room smelled like mold."
The room smelled terrible, like mold. We almost left but we were exhausted.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
We had a great time being here in Austin & seeing old friends and the hotel was great.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Aurora
"Very dirty, in side & outside"
Bathroom was filthy. Urine on the outside of toilet. Some very brown yuk in the bath tub, pubic hair on the bathroom floor, very dusty room and not vacumed. Walk ways on the outside were very dirty. I walked by a dirty Q-Tip laying on the walkway to the office for 2 straight days. The "breakfast" was very weak. The employees stood around drinking coffee with all the tables needed cleaning, etc, etc, etc. we did not eat there. My worst motel experience. I paid $90 for the first night & $159 ea for the next 2 nights. Would have left but everything was sold out and did not have time to deal with it. They cleaned the room the first morning after I complained. They did refund me $50 for the problems
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Nick
"Good location, poor cleanliness"
This is a good location. Right off the interstate, just down the road from downtown with easy access. However, the room itself was not very clean. There was dust on several of the AC vents. There were leftover, stray hairs in the corners of the bathroom. The bed was comfortable enough, but certainly not the best. Considering the price, I expected a little better cleanliness because it was a mid-range price.
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Thumbs up!"
The front desk staff is great!
1 night trip Sep 15, 2015
Petra
"A+"
A+
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Sabrina
"Good Value for Our Trip"
The staff was super friendly! We enjoyed our stay the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and it was what we needed for our trip!
6 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
Nicole
"FLYING ROACHES"
We had flying roaches and the room was smaller than pictured. The only good thing is it was a short UBER ride to 6th street. We wanted to leave and get a nicer hotel but we'd already paid for the 2 nights.
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Jonathan
"Dated, not maintained and dirty"
although our linens were clean, the entire place was filthy and non-smoking rooms had a strong tobacco odor. There are other better options in the area in the same price range
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Cheeeeaaaappppppp........."
The room would not cool down, we had the AC turned all the way down, the shower was dirty, and VERY slippery - everyone in my family FELL in the shower, bugs, housekeeping was never around and missed our room several times. The ONLY reason we didn't switch hotels is because we had already been traveling so much (including out of the country) and my kids were just to tired to move again.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Roaches in the room"
There were roaches in the room and we were provided with no bath towels or soap. There was mold all of the ceiling in the bathroom and the toilet smelled awful each time it was flushed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
"Terrible"
There was roaches, dead and alive, everywhere. Our hotel room only had one bath towel in it. And my mother awoke to an ear wig attempting to crawl into her nose. It Was A Terrible Stay. Would not recommend it to anyone. Pay the $50 more dollars for a decent place.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"good"
Its was good,I jusr wish the bathroom door in our room had a lock that worked. Also there was no body or hand soap on the first day so we had to go buy some. On the second when they cleaned our room there was soap but no one put more toilet paper in our room. It was clean but the small refrigerate smelled bad, overall the bed was comfortable,breakfast was good and the wifi worked.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"No smoking room requested."
Had requested none smoking room because I have alergies. Room was penetrate with smoke smell and the was a cigarette at a corner under nightlight table.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Jose Luis
"Austin. Our first visit."
My wife and I wanted to go see Austin. We both had not been there before. After reviewing many choices I settled on the La Quinta on Oltorf St. Like other reviews I've read it is a older place but priced good for those seeking a budget stay. Even though we prepaid through Expedia we were required to put up a incidental fee which we are told will be refunded.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Firm cozy mattress made it a pleasant night."
Cool despite heat of the day! Cleaning of the bathroom needs to have hair swept a bit better on the floor and bathtub. Ring on the toilet bowl and around the sink needs a little more cleaning.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Rachel
"You get what you pay for here."
Room 237 was awful we killed roaches daily, trash was not taken out, AC and tub had mold, white powder behind dresser my have been deodorizing agent that was to mask the smells from dirty rug. Staff was nice. Bedding and fresh towels were provided. I suggest use the La Quinta further north on 35 near 290. Nice hotels in Austin are 200 a night and this is a you get what you pay for. It was more affordable but was scared bugs would crawl on us at night. Read Yelp reviews.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Nope"
The hotel stunk, like they used too much of the air freshener that you put on the carpet and then vacuum up. I asked for an iron and never received one. My wife and I never used the bathroom until late at night and then the toilet was clogged and I never got any help. The floor in front of the window was wet. I understand it was a really quick and cheap stay, but I wouldn't do it again.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Denny
"The room was clean and smelling good!"
The only bad thing about my staying is that the rooms don't have a fridge microwave...the coffee maker was too small...everything else was good!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Very noisy place and it is very old."
I stayed for one night, the beds are somewhat comfy, but I had a room that faced the pool area and it was just very loud. There were speakers that went off at 7 in the morning playing loud music. I would never stay there again.
Allie
"Don't go here!"
The room had a horrible smell. No towels at all. No toilet paper. Didn't look like it was even cleaned before we checked in. The overall facility looked dated and unclean - and just about everywhere had a funky smell that made you want to get out as soon as you can.
Keja
"Quality of Service"
I was expecting what I selected on Hotel.com Double beds for two rooms. This was very disappointing.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Belinda
The rooms are small even though we booked double bed rooms, restroom floor weren't clean.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"room cleaners"
Room smelt horrible can't believe they let somebody stay there
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Poor Poor Customer Service"
Night Clerk Mr. Kerman was unprofessional and extremely rude. He should not work as a front desk clerk and requires additional training in customer service and people management. He has tarnished the La Quinta brand of superior customer down to disappointing customer service.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015