All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
1603 East Oltorf Blvd, Austin, TX, 78741, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.8
    2.9
    2.5
    2.8
"easy to find"
no smoking room was smelly bathroom door broke towel rod broke no usb charger fridge
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
davd
"Too many transits in hotel pkg area"
The hotel lobby was not presentable. Old and dingy looking. No decor or color, eating area was outdated the front desk receptionists were not neatly dressed. Gave me a bad impression of the over all hotel. I expected the rooms to reflect the hotel entry, and it did. In the room, the curtains were falling of the hooks, the carpet was really nasty, there were no tissue napkins, and on our second days stay, we were not give any fresh towels. So we mostly stayed away from the hotel losing our money. We were asked if we could move to another LaQuinta Hotel, but we were told that we would lose our money since we were booked with a third party. It was an awful stay for us. I don't think that I would stay at another LaQunita Hotel again too soon.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
ROBERT
"Hotel was Motel Outside rooms. overall it was ok"
Hotel was OK. Beds more like full size not queen. Noisy people outside.
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Beatriz
"Just a rough stay... I expect more from La Quinta!"
Just overall poor atmosphere, Dirty Room, smelly bathroom, uncomfortable bed, just did not have a good experience!
"Black mold on the shower curtain was a nice touch!"
We asked for non-smoking...got a room that smelled like smoke. Granted, every room smelled a little like smoke, so we just threw the AC on low and went out to explore Austin. It was mostly clean, with the exception of the shower curtain which had a delightful splash of black-colored mold at the bottom of it. I returned home yesterday, checked my card statement, and now see that on top of the payment I had submitted when booking the room back in August...I also have been charged the room rate not once, but twice more. Both submitted upon check-in. Thanks, La Quinta! Were you banking on me not noticing a random extra $500 being charged to me? I had a pretty wild weekend, but it wasn't THAT crazy. So now I have to wait three days to see if the extra $500 will be charged off or not because it cannot be disputed for another three days. We shall see.
Anna
"Old. Dilapidated.Filthy. Clueless staff"
Worst La Quinta we ever stayed in. May never stay in another.:
Anfy
I just needed an inexpensive place to spend the night after a long flight and this hotel fit the bill.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"gangster land"
It's in bad area loud music all night long from cars gangster style
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"SO MUCH REGRET"
I had NO idea that this was a motel when I booked it through hotels.com. gross!! The room was so thick with cigarette smoke I could barely breathe when I first entered...and I am a smoker. They didn't have an alternative room available. Bats shrieked all night, waking up my friend and I several times. At 6AM, SOMEONE STARTED TRYING TO COME INTO OUR ROOM. They were sliding the key in, jiggling the door handle, and putting their body weight on the door. I figured it was some drunk and confused person, not a criminal, and decided to call front desk. I picked up the landline hotel phone on the nightstand and...DEAD. So I decided to call the front desk from my cell phone...STATIC. Really felt like I was in a horror flick. Whoever was trying to enter went away after about 30 minutes. The front desk people were nice but not concerned at all when I told them about the phone line thing the next morning. Don't stay here. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere where you can breathe, not listen to bats all night, and the phones actually work.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"The staff not the chain?"
Went down for the Formula 1 event and I stayed 5 nights. The hotel is in a pretty good location and about a $12 cab ride into the city. The hotel is in very poor shape thank goodness it had a clean bed at least because that was about all it had going for it. The smell of the room was horrible anything that got left sitting on the carpet would acquire a smell that I couldn't get rid of. I think I will have to replace my suitcase. The shower drain didn't work and they have no maintenance people. The light in the bathroom went out on the second day. I told the desk but they couldn't fit it till someone came out with a new light bulb. So no bathroom light. There was trash in the room I found a newspaper sitting on the floor in the room from September... It was November? So it just laid there for 2 months? The tub was disgusting and looked like it had never been scrubbed, there was a dirt ring all the way around that and the toilet. At least the bed was clean and changed everyday. It was hard as a rock but at least it was clean. If I could avoid this place I would. At least all the staff was nice and always greeted me with a smile.
5 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
Matthew
"What room am supposed to be in??"
Well lets see. When we got to the hotel the front desk clerk gave us keys to the incorrect room. So we ended up walking into someone's room. So we went back and got the correct room keys. Once we got to the correct room, we opened the door to a trashed room. We went back to the front desk and let them know and the response was, 'We don't have anyone to clean it currently'.. After, that the front desk attendant then got me into another room. Needless to say, I shouldn't have to go through all the trouble to get into the room that I had pre-paid for.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Alan
"Left the hotel after I check inn"
Smell like old wet area rug mixed with smoked and humidity cigar etc.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
bussines owner
"US Grand Prix visit to Austin"
Place is a dump. Hallways had trash every night from other rooms, TV did not work and nobody could fix it. Carpet in room had several stains and felt moist(wet), toilet had a leak and kept me awake all night, even after I closed the bathroom door. If they do not updgrade or remodel stay away.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Juan
"very expensive stay due to the Formula 1 weekend"
Expedia said rollbed available. but this was not the case as we arrived and askedfor it.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
ben
"STAY AWAY"
HORRIBLE STAY. I should have known by the 2 stars it had. I booked 5 rooms here for the USGP weekend, and every single one of us, had a bad experience in each room. Rooms were old and outdated, smelled bad, old furniture, old and stained sheets, old towels, old everything.Some rooms didn't get cleaned in some days, The bathrooms looked old, some had bugs. we will NEVER stay at another La Quinta Inn again.
3 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Javier
"IMPRESSED - NOT!!!"
I was greeted with a cold face and felt my business to the hotel was not appreciated. Main Entrance Lobby has a 1950's odder - OLD!!! I would not plan my next business trip with La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf!!!
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Oltorf Convenience"
I have stayed here a couple times due to the geographic location for work and have been pleased. Close to S Congress if you have a car, otherwise not much to do in walking distance. Staff is nice and the place covers all the needs
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Mathew
"Hotel needs help..."
Great location, but the hotel needs lots of work. One person at check-in and check-out made for very slow service. The TV cable service was ridiculous. The breakfast was sub-par, only one waffle maker for 150 rooms.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Not La Quinta's finest hour"
Wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria. But also wasn't expecting the cockroach that crawled out from under my pillow. And it was pretty much impossible to find a happy medium on the shower faucet temperature. Luckily, I was only here for one night.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
Courtney
"age"
this property is old and has not been maintained to the standards of your brand
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Beau
"Comfy but no frills..."
Hotel was older but nice and clean- no frills. We were two rooms over from the laundry facility and it was constant noise. Lots of banging, voices, and just noise. Overall it was a decent stay and I'd probably come back if I could be further away from the laundry.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
I would not stay there again. Everything needs an update. I don't mind paying for a room if its even half way decent.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"NEVER AGAIN!"
If ever a hotel needs to be demolished and rebuilt this is the one. It is old and ugly. Walkways and exterior walls are dirty. There was vomit stains on the walkway, you could tell it had been there a while. Water in the bathtub drained very slow, standing water to my ankels. Loud talkers outside our door at 3:30am for about an hour.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Manuel Jr.
"Subpar on all accounts"
This hotel was run-down with cold service. Dirty room and bathroom - the shower was so old and gross that we didn't want to use it. Very uncomfortable beds, dirty ironing board, and dead bugs. No thanks.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Bad Night Sleep"
The employees at the hotel were extremely helpful and polite. Our major complaint was the cleanliness of the room and shower. The toilet ran all night long, and could only be flushed every half hour. The hotel has installed what appears to be a speaker system in the roof which emits the most awful bird noise roughly once every hour. I assume this was installed to keep unwanted birds away. It kept us up all night long. One night we had a man pound on every door in the hallway and yell to open the door. After 10 minutes, he stopped pounding on all of the doors. We nearly called the police.
3 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Aaron
"Way Too Disappointing"
This hotel was such a bad experience. Some of the staff was extremely rude. Lights in the hotel room were out. The bathroom had hair all over the floor. It was hard to sleep at night, because they have an EXTREMELY annoying bird call recording. This recording would play continuously throughout the night! One of my friends discovered that the windows to the hotel room were left unlocked. That's so dangerous! Someone could sneak in. Make sure everything is locked! The breakfast that comes with the hotel is extremely underwhelming. I will never stay at a La Quinta again. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Holiday Inn down the street. It will be just as expensive and the quality is SO much better!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Chrissy
"Dirty bathroom"
First hotel room we walked into had a dirty toilet so we asked to be switched and they accommodated.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Low quality room"
For a LA Quinta, I thought it condition of the room should have been better.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
"The Birds!"
I've stayed in La Quinta's before. As inexpensive places go, it's ok for one/two nights. This place certainly was the worst! There were LOUD BIRDS making noises that sounded like monkeys that did not stop until some time late at night. Needless to say, not much sleep was had so much so that we had to ask for a late checkout just to be functional. When we mentioned it at check out, the lady told us they are NOT BIRDS, but a "system" to keep away birds away! Seriously, are you kidding me? "Well it prevents the birds from pooping all over the place", yada, yada, yada. She went as far as saying the only reason it stopped sometime during the night was because the security turned of the "system". Guess he could not take it either. I will leave out some of the comments made by other gusts that could be heard from just outside our door. Yikes. I will not be staying at this location ever...no matter how many times I go back to Austin.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
carmen
"Understaffed!"
I had to wait in the front office for over 15 min before the ONE night clerk finally came in... The phone was ringing off the hook the entire time I was in there waiting. When he FINALLY came in from wherever he was he apologized and said he was the only one working and was taking care of other people... Which is fine except that I was left waiting and the phones were left unanswered! The entire front desk was covered with papers that had people information on them, the STAFF ONLY door was ajar, anyone could have taken anything they wanted from the front area!!! The motel was decent but I was just miffed about the waiting...
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Brittany
"just ok"
My friends and I had 4 rooms. Stay was fine except rooms were not properly cleaned which makes a difference in a stay. One room had what looked like dog hair all over the bed. Another had trash left behind. Mine had beer cans in trash and one can on bathroom counter. Over made us wonder what else doesn't get cleaned properly between guests
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
lisa
"Close to Convention Center"
No frills but provided exactly what was needed - a clean place to sleep and get ready for the day.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Older hotel needs updating, but otherwise great."
This hotel does not appear to have been updated in a long, long time and looks and FEELS old. Past that though, the hotel was great. The staff was super friendly and pleasing no matter what time of the day or night I needed to interact with them. Free WiFi was adequate for me to get the work I needed to done. For the price and the area, I would certainly consider staying there again.
"Don't Go Near This One"
Dirty room, smelled of mold, smoke, and urine. Carpet/Drapes have not been replaced in this century. Bath rub worn out and filthy. One staff member very nice, all others were rude and avoided contact with guests.
Giorgio
"Not good"
The room was cheap,so some things were expected. But the bathroom sink was clogged before we used it. My husband went to the desk and asked for a plunger.Maintence had left for the day. He was told that they would take care of it while we were at dinner. At 9pm, nothing had been attempted. I went the office and the desk was very busy. So I waited until the lobby cleared and asked again for a plunger. He said he would do it and I said No, give it to me. When we worked on the sink, Blackwater with the.stench of sewage came up. The hotel gaves us a new room, on second floor. The hotel needs repairs. The room on the second floor was adequate, but not worth the price..
eyepye
"You get what you pay for"
The hotel staff was less than pleasing except for one gentleman who was exceedingly nice. The bed was not at all comfortable & I was not able to get any sleep. The stations available on the TV were also limited so on top of not sleeping there was nothing entertaining to watch. The bathtub was filthy so I opted not to bathe until I got home and the smell of the room was stale. I had quite a few of my friends also staying in the same hotel and their experience was the same. It's not a bad hotel if you just need a room for the night, but I wouldn't spend time there beyond that.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
R
The restroom and tub was not clean at all there were rust marks and stains as well as the air vents were covered in dust like they haven't been cleaned in a few years. There was people living in one room right across our which was a disgusting eye sore. The location was good, close to sixth street and the capital but otherwise it's not a place I would stay at again.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Unprofessional front desk staff. Dirty hotel in general.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Dump"
Hotel staff watching football game in lobby seemed disinterested in customers. Room was clean enough but outside of hotel was run down. Tried to go for a swim in the morning but pool deck was covered in bird droppings and feathers from the trees above. Disgusting. Would never stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Good hotel near the Austin Convention Center"
Upon our arrival, the front desk personal very friendly, courteous and professional. The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The pool the right size, not too small or too big.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Jose
"Nice for the price"
The hotel staff was very friendly, only complaint is that we had a non smoking room, but it smelt terribly like cigarette smoke, there was a door leading from our room to another room, and the neighbors smoke was coming in under the door. The rooms on each side of us were smoking. Should make smoking and non-smoking sections of the hotel instead of surrounding a non-smoking room with smoking rooms.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
I planned this stop on my road trip to catch the US Open and there were issues with the television both days! I believe they got new sets and the staff does not know how to make them work!
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
I'll admit we were looking for somewhere cheap to stay for the week but with cigarette butts everywhere, housekeeping constantly barging into our room, and constant police sirens zooming by - we will not be staying here again. On the plus side: The location was great right by the interstate and the actual room was clean.
4 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Smelled like smoke bad neighborhood
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
great employees but the room was not clean, found hair from previous visitor
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
cheryl
"Not So Bad..."
After looking for hotels near South Congress, I passed this one over a few times because there were some rather terrifying reviews about this hotel. But the price was the most affordable thing for my wife and I so we just took a risk. And all in all, it was fine. I'm not really sure what people were expecting, but for what I would assume the average rate is, you can't expect a super high end hotel. It wasn't the most pristine hotel I've been to, but it's not like I was afraid to sleep in the bed because of what might be crawling around, on, or in it at night. The hotel was right by a bus stop that if you didn't have a car or feel like walking, you could get downtown pretty easily. Walking to South Congress is about 1.5 miles and you have to snake through a neighborhood, but it's not so bad if you keep the heat in mind.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Basically no TV because not even one channel was working, so if you are a big fan of TV DO MOT GO TO THIS HOTEL, and if u read other reviews you will believe me and also toilet flush was not working properly :(
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not like the pictures on line."
The pictures on the website were not at all accurate. The website showed different rooms and design. The building is falling apart. The lobby was gross. Our room door's deadbolt was broken. The bathroom door looked liked someone kicked it. There was some type of gunk on the wall.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
The beds were really tiny and there were stains on the carpet that kind of freaked me out a bit... But other than that for the price I paid I wasn't expecting much so the hotel served it's purpose.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Jazz
"Not Good"
One of the worst hotel experiences that I've had. The following was encountered: No towels, very strong urine smell, no trash can, and horrible TV reception.
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014