All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1603 East Oltorf Blvd, Austin, TX, 78741, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.7
    2.9
    2.5
    2.8
"Hotel needs help..."
Great location, but the hotel needs lots of work. One person at check-in and check-out made for very slow service. The TV cable service was ridiculous. The breakfast was sub-par, only one waffle maker for 150 rooms.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Not La Quinta's finest hour"
Wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria. But also wasn't expecting the cockroach that crawled out from under my pillow. And it was pretty much impossible to find a happy medium on the shower faucet temperature. Luckily, I was only here for one night.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
Courtney
"age"
this property is old and has not been maintained to the standards of your brand
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Beau
"Comfy but no frills..."
Hotel was older but nice and clean- no frills. We were two rooms over from the laundry facility and it was constant noise. Lots of banging, voices, and just noise. Overall it was a decent stay and I'd probably come back if I could be further away from the laundry.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
I would not stay there again. Everything needs an update. I don't mind paying for a room if its even half way decent.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"NEVER AGAIN!"
If ever a hotel needs to be demolished and rebuilt this is the one. It is old and ugly. Walkways and exterior walls are dirty. There was vomit stains on the walkway, you could tell it had been there a while. Water in the bathtub drained very slow, standing water to my ankels. Loud talkers outside our door at 3:30am for about an hour.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Manuel Jr.
"Subpar on all accounts"
This hotel was run-down with cold service. Dirty room and bathroom - the shower was so old and gross that we didn't want to use it. Very uncomfortable beds, dirty ironing board, and dead bugs. No thanks.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Bad Night Sleep"
The employees at the hotel were extremely helpful and polite. Our major complaint was the cleanliness of the room and shower. The toilet ran all night long, and could only be flushed every half hour. The hotel has installed what appears to be a speaker system in the roof which emits the most awful bird noise roughly once every hour. I assume this was installed to keep unwanted birds away. It kept us up all night long. One night we had a man pound on every door in the hallway and yell to open the door. After 10 minutes, he stopped pounding on all of the doors. We nearly called the police.
3 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Aaron
"Way Too Disappointing"
This hotel was such a bad experience. Some of the staff was extremely rude. Lights in the hotel room were out. The bathroom had hair all over the floor. It was hard to sleep at night, because they have an EXTREMELY annoying bird call recording. This recording would play continuously throughout the night! One of my friends discovered that the windows to the hotel room were left unlocked. That's so dangerous! Someone could sneak in. Make sure everything is locked! The breakfast that comes with the hotel is extremely underwhelming. I will never stay at a La Quinta again. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Holiday Inn down the street. It will be just as expensive and the quality is SO much better!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Chrissy
"Dirty bathroom"
First hotel room we walked into had a dirty toilet so we asked to be switched and they accommodated.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Low quality room"
For a LA Quinta, I thought it condition of the room should have been better.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
"The Birds!"
I've stayed in La Quinta's before. As inexpensive places go, it's ok for one/two nights. This place certainly was the worst! There were LOUD BIRDS making noises that sounded like monkeys that did not stop until some time late at night. Needless to say, not much sleep was had so much so that we had to ask for a late checkout just to be functional. When we mentioned it at check out, the lady told us they are NOT BIRDS, but a "system" to keep away birds away! Seriously, are you kidding me? "Well it prevents the birds from pooping all over the place", yada, yada, yada. She went as far as saying the only reason it stopped sometime during the night was because the security turned of the "system". Guess he could not take it either. I will leave out some of the comments made by other gusts that could be heard from just outside our door. Yikes. I will not be staying at this location ever...no matter how many times I go back to Austin.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
carmen
"Understaffed!"
I had to wait in the front office for over 15 min before the ONE night clerk finally came in... The phone was ringing off the hook the entire time I was in there waiting. When he FINALLY came in from wherever he was he apologized and said he was the only one working and was taking care of other people... Which is fine except that I was left waiting and the phones were left unanswered! The entire front desk was covered with papers that had people information on them, the STAFF ONLY door was ajar, anyone could have taken anything they wanted from the front area!!! The motel was decent but I was just miffed about the waiting...
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Brittany
"just ok"
My friends and I had 4 rooms. Stay was fine except rooms were not properly cleaned which makes a difference in a stay. One room had what looked like dog hair all over the bed. Another had trash left behind. Mine had beer cans in trash and one can on bathroom counter. Over made us wonder what else doesn't get cleaned properly between guests
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
lisa
"Close to Convention Center"
No frills but provided exactly what was needed - a clean place to sleep and get ready for the day.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Older hotel needs updating, but otherwise great."
This hotel does not appear to have been updated in a long, long time and looks and FEELS old. Past that though, the hotel was great. The staff was super friendly and pleasing no matter what time of the day or night I needed to interact with them. Free WiFi was adequate for me to get the work I needed to done. For the price and the area, I would certainly consider staying there again.
"Don't Go Near This One"
Dirty room, smelled of mold, smoke, and urine. Carpet/Drapes have not been replaced in this century. Bath rub worn out and filthy. One staff member very nice, all others were rude and avoided contact with guests.
Giorgio
"Not good"
The room was cheap,so some things were expected. But the bathroom sink was clogged before we used it. My husband went to the desk and asked for a plunger.Maintence had left for the day. He was told that they would take care of it while we were at dinner. At 9pm, nothing had been attempted. I went the office and the desk was very busy. So I waited until the lobby cleared and asked again for a plunger. He said he would do it and I said No, give it to me. When we worked on the sink, Blackwater with the.stench of sewage came up. The hotel gaves us a new room, on second floor. The hotel needs repairs. The room on the second floor was adequate, but not worth the price..
eyepye
"You get what you pay for"
The hotel staff was less than pleasing except for one gentleman who was exceedingly nice. The bed was not at all comfortable & I was not able to get any sleep. The stations available on the TV were also limited so on top of not sleeping there was nothing entertaining to watch. The bathtub was filthy so I opted not to bathe until I got home and the smell of the room was stale. I had quite a few of my friends also staying in the same hotel and their experience was the same. It's not a bad hotel if you just need a room for the night, but I wouldn't spend time there beyond that.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
R
The restroom and tub was not clean at all there were rust marks and stains as well as the air vents were covered in dust like they haven't been cleaned in a few years. There was people living in one room right across our which was a disgusting eye sore. The location was good, close to sixth street and the capital but otherwise it's not a place I would stay at again.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Unprofessional front desk staff. Dirty hotel in general.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Dump"
Hotel staff watching football game in lobby seemed disinterested in customers. Room was clean enough but outside of hotel was run down. Tried to go for a swim in the morning but pool deck was covered in bird droppings and feathers from the trees above. Disgusting. Would never stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Good hotel near the Austin Convention Center"
Upon our arrival, the front desk personal very friendly, courteous and professional. The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The pool the right size, not too small or too big.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Jose
"Nice for the price"
The hotel staff was very friendly, only complaint is that we had a non smoking room, but it smelt terribly like cigarette smoke, there was a door leading from our room to another room, and the neighbors smoke was coming in under the door. The rooms on each side of us were smoking. Should make smoking and non-smoking sections of the hotel instead of surrounding a non-smoking room with smoking rooms.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
I planned this stop on my road trip to catch the US Open and there were issues with the television both days! I believe they got new sets and the staff does not know how to make them work!
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
I'll admit we were looking for somewhere cheap to stay for the week but with cigarette butts everywhere, housekeeping constantly barging into our room, and constant police sirens zooming by - we will not be staying here again. On the plus side: The location was great right by the interstate and the actual room was clean.
4 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Smelled like smoke bad neighborhood
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
great employees but the room was not clean, found hair from previous visitor
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
cheryl
"Not So Bad..."
After looking for hotels near South Congress, I passed this one over a few times because there were some rather terrifying reviews about this hotel. But the price was the most affordable thing for my wife and I so we just took a risk. And all in all, it was fine. I'm not really sure what people were expecting, but for what I would assume the average rate is, you can't expect a super high end hotel. It wasn't the most pristine hotel I've been to, but it's not like I was afraid to sleep in the bed because of what might be crawling around, on, or in it at night. The hotel was right by a bus stop that if you didn't have a car or feel like walking, you could get downtown pretty easily. Walking to South Congress is about 1.5 miles and you have to snake through a neighborhood, but it's not so bad if you keep the heat in mind.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Basically no TV because not even one channel was working, so if you are a big fan of TV DO MOT GO TO THIS HOTEL, and if u read other reviews you will believe me and also toilet flush was not working properly :(
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not like the pictures on line."
The pictures on the website were not at all accurate. The website showed different rooms and design. The building is falling apart. The lobby was gross. Our room door's deadbolt was broken. The bathroom door looked liked someone kicked it. There was some type of gunk on the wall.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
The beds were really tiny and there were stains on the carpet that kind of freaked me out a bit... But other than that for the price I paid I wasn't expecting much so the hotel served it's purpose.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Jazz
"Not Good"
One of the worst hotel experiences that I've had. The following was encountered: No towels, very strong urine smell, no trash can, and horrible TV reception.
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
CS
"Absolutely horrible hotel!"
I would never stay at this hotel! The room was disgusting, the bathroom was filthy and the room smelled like they cleaned it with a musty, dirty towel. The location was loud, right next to the highway and the hotel staff were uneducated and didn't know what they were doing.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Bad side of town"
Rooms are not clean. Dirty carpet. Did not wash bed cover
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
lynntown
This hotel is looking very run down. It definitely needs to be upgraded and painted. The doors have chips of wood missing in the corners, and the work table felt like it might fall over.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
they check us out of are room and check someone else in to are room
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Didn't really like it"
Didn't really like it
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"A present under our bed"
First thing we found when we got to the room was an empty beer bottle under the bed. Also, sheets were stained and it smelled disgusting everywhere. Pool water was cloudy to the point where you couldn't see the bottom. The attendant at the front desk snatched waffle maker from right in from of me because it was 11am on the dot. What made it even more frustrating is that the person I was in line behind who did get to make their waffle was a repair man that works for the hotel. Lol. What do you say to that customer service? If I could tip them it would be negative 100$
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
alina
"Eh"
The room was slightly dingy, the bathroom smelled like stale urine. The pool wasn't so clean. But it was cheap. I feel like I would be ok paying a little bit more for better accommodations.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Okay"
The first night we stayed we asked for a non smoking room but they have us a smoking one. Woke up with a headache the next morning. Breakfast area was small but was not too bad. The second night we were givin a non smoking room which was good. But the tv did not work. We had to switch rooms twice to get a working tv. But sleep was better and we had a better overall stay the second night with a good free breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Rey
"Austin La Quinta.."
this hotel from minute one was just awful. staff at the counter was rude, first thing, room was clean but old. needed an update. TV /Cable did not work for the first 4 days...i brought this up daily to management. after 4 days, i was barely able to view 6 statiions, the digital distortion made watching tv frustrating. Ice machine was broken the entire week. my credit key needed to be reset daily at the front desk, agsin quite frustrating. all in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would never stay there again
7 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Bradley Cummins
Not happy with cleanses of bathroom at all. Charged me 165. Couldn't really tell me why. Had to call my bank to get it released. Felt the motel should have done it rite away. Mentor hood was not great. Will not stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Avoid if possible"
Parking lot was packed. One bed had no pillowcases; the bathroom was a mess (looked like someone with muddy feet had been dancing around in there. Couldn't call front desk via phone and had to walk down. Couldn't get moved as there were no other rooms available. Later we found that the bathroom door didn't lock (or shut all the way) and that the coffee machine hadn't been cleaned. Worst experience I've ever had at a La Quinta.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
John S
I choose this location because of distance from downtown and what's around it (soco, & other spots) though out Austin. PROS: cheap but not too cheap, Staff friendly and understanding, Security on site, roving patrol, Room well kept/clean....beds comfy, ONE WAY $5 shuttle to downtown, $5 per-person, ONE WAY $5 shuttle to the hotel, Drop off & pick up at (5th,Trinity st.), CONS: Limited parking, Needs more ice points, Couple more towels in the room Basically if you need a place to stay and don't want drive dwntwn. This is it ! No complaints at all, this a for party goers and NOT FOR LUXURY STAY.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
Vasquez
"close to all sites"
good
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Joe Blanco
"Quiet and Restful"
The room was really quiet and the AC kept me comfortably cool. The location is easy to find from Interstate 35. The room was a great value for the price.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Good location!"
My favorite thing about this stay was hotel staff was very polite and the location of the hotel was perfect! We did have small issues with our toilet, was taking longer than normal to flush and showed low pressure, but hotel staff was advised and said would take care of it. Other than that, no real complaints about our stay...
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
Rebecca
"Get what you pay for"
Stayed overnight for an ACL event. The dead bolt would not work and the TV was also malfunctioning. The room was decent. A good deal for 99$.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Kiss"
The location was excellent. The only downfall was that the television wasn't working, but wifi did. Staff was great when we were checking in. We will definitely be staying again.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014