All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
5812 I-35 North, Austin, TX, 78751, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"one of the better stays in the area"
Overall, decent stay, staff was friendly, they had breakfast which was a plus, wish I'd had fridge & microwave, but everything else was in order.
1 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
"Positive Stay"
Everything was fine. No complaints.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Esther
no one told me that this is a 40 year old property that desperately needs updating , or tearing down and re-built....and that it is a smoking hotel that allows dogs...I will say that the staff was lovely..
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Never again"
We have stayed in Austin frequently at many different hotels in the mid-price range, and this was the worst.The building was shabby, and the breakfast was so bad we went to the IHOP around the corner. All that was available at the hotel was cereal and bagels and red delicious apples. On the plus side, the staff was friendly and efficient, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We went for a long, long walk in the nearby neighborhood. You have to walk a mile along the I-35 access road to get to a residential area. Once there, the streets were quiet and pleasant. All in all, we felt the hotel was overpriced for what we got.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
mcfoshay
"This location is so convenient"
Football game ... Perfect ...stayed here many times
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Frances
"Terrible place"
Overpriced and an unaccommodating staff. It was too expensive for what was offered.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice hotel, easy access to and from interstate."
Easy to find, decent room, quiet despite the nearness to the interstate.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Rox
Nice friendly staff, but this is an older facility that could use some updating. While things were clean, bathroom fixtures where showing their age.
4 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Staff was great. Room extrmely clean."
Service was great. Staff extremely responsive and friendly.
3 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Having stayed at 2 La Quinta's (Marshall & Waco, TX) this trip, which were GREAT this hotel was a disappointment. Breakfast was underwhelming too.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
Carol Wright
"Good for a short stay"
The lobby is a bit smelly, and the grounds could use a little work, but as far as the room itself goes, it was comfortable enough. It's good if you're just going to be there for sleep. It's not super easy to get to if you're heading south on 35. Be sure to take one exit early, otherwise you'll have to make a big loop back for a second try. Breakfast was ok. A bunch of prepackaged goods available.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Mal
"Older, but clean and nice."
It was a decent hotel at a great price!! Older building but rooms are clean and modern.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Skier134
"hotel"
basic room nothing special but considering price it is ok to get by
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
carl
It was fine.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Nice beds - big room"
Big rooms Far from city center Nice beds Good TV System.. I like waves mode
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"close to what we needed"
I doubt we will return to that specific hotel. The staff was extremely professional, courteous, and polite. However, the location and the easy access to our room made us nervous. Anyone from outside could easily get to our door during the night.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Basic Low Price Hotel"
I dont know the areas well, so I went off pictures. Wasnt in the best neighborhood. Rooms were decent for a quick place to sleep. Right off I35 access road, lots of traffic noise. Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful when we checked in, and needed extra towels.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
Garner
"Great location and price was very competitive"
Old facility run by great people. The inside of the rooms have been upgraded, WONDERFUL mattress on the bed! Everything worked as described, only disappointed by the continental breakfast - most other LaQuinta's we've stayed in have the full breakfast. The location is really good and the property is priced in line with the facilities in the area. I would stay again when similar - more updated facilities are overpriced as they are in this area!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Ok to stay at this hotel with that price, But bathroom has foul odor
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
sankar saha
"no bueno"
Worst la quinta i ever stayed at. Motel 6 is nicer with better service.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"To all"
The hotel is old and poorly maintained. It's staff is friendly. The large number of derelicts lounging in the walkways and stairways make for a very uncomfortable stay. The air-conditioners are very old and barely work which is problematic since the day to night time temps in Austin ranged from 100° to 80°
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Worst experience!"
Awful! Bad Customer service, very rude. Room was dirty.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Old furniture. Needs upgrade. In my mind not worth 85 $$$ a night. I would b happy to pay 59-69.99 a night
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"problem"
My wife left some items in room after checking. We are having problem with hotels lost and found. Can't seem to get to right person.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Quick pit stop in Austin"
My fiancee and I enjoyed the comfort of our room. The linens were clean and comfortable and the noise level outside was relatively low to non-existent. We will definitely stay again. Ohh I almost forgot, the front desk clerk (Charles) was awesome.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Israel Guajardo
"Nice hotel about 7 mins from 6th street"
Only negative thing is the ac didn't get cold enough and there breakfast was horrible
jeffrey
"very dirty and no television"
our feet was black on bottom from walking on greasy carpet. we had to wear our flip flops when we got out of the shower and right out of bed. we never let our feet touch the floor. The television did not work. front desk told us they had been working on it the whole day and that night still could not find problem and that we would get a free night for inconvenience. next morning when we was leaving they was upset with us that we wanted our free night. my husband told them of the dirty room and no tv but that didn't matter to them. PLEASE BEWARE, DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
annie
"Never again stay here"
This hotel was not what I was expecting when I choose La Quinta. I will not recommend this location or stay here ever again. Bad quality, loud ac unit... bad bad bad
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Gigi
"Not what it looked like"
Air condition did not work. Was right behind a restaurant the dumpster smelled horrible every time door was opened toilet had to be flushed 2 times every time. Was not worth the price. Bad experience
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Good room for the discount price"
We booked a room through hotels.com for two nights. It was $89/night tax so about 204 total. When we arrived it looked a little run down and older so we were pretty skeptical about what the room would be like. The man running the front desk (Charles) was extremely helpful and pleasant. That's really the only interaction we had with the staff so he gave us a great impression. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised. It was extremely clean and had comfortable beds. Free WiFi, cable, and continental breakfast for under 90 bucks a night is a great deal. We were looking to go downtown but didn't want to deal with parking so we took a couple cabs. It was about a $15 - $20 cab ride one way - not terrible (and worth it for the ease). We will definitely stay here again if the price is as reasonable.
Lexi
"Bang for your buck!"
Courteous staff. Clean establishment .No bed bugs here! Free breakfast Wi-Fi and cable premium channels.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Frito chip
"Not the best hotel- could hear people outside."
Won't stay there again. I could hear people outside all night. It seems like an older building , beds weren't comfy and could have been cleaner.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Is sucked we had so many problems with the hotel:(
2 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Better Than I expected"
A little pricey for room but I found out rates were higher due to big event in town. Easy check in and out. Quiet. Easy access.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Regina
"Not bad for the price and location"
My first impression was a bit misleading. The appearence of the hotel lobby brought the "Well you get what you pay for," impression. The tile was inexpensive, the walls were bland, the carpet was generic(but very absorbent), and well the hotel was yellow. We arrived around 11PM so great service was not expected. I was wrong. The receptionists were very helpful and friendly, I mean who wouldn't want that after being Lebron'd in the car for hours. The room was cozy, cold, and relatively clean. Overall I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is in need of a cheap and decent place to stay. 3.5/5 would get Shelbied again.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
It was great, hotel staff was helpful as well as courteous. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
jen
"not so nice"
The pool was refreshing. The breakfast choices dismal. Overall the hotel is old and not so clean.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
will never stay there again.
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
jon
"Good Experience"
No complaints. I have stayed here on several occasions and have always been pleased.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Employees can't be blamed for everything..."
I would like to begin this review by stating that the employees at the Austin Highland Mall La Quinta cannot be blamed for the terrible hotel that they work at. My main problem with this more-or-less mediocre hotel is the price. I understand that taxes and additional fees are a part of the travel booking game, but my experience with this chain is exceptional to that rule. My flight into Austin was delayed in Denver for four hours, so I called the hotel and spoke to a friendly person at the front desk, informing them that I would be late (arriving in the a.m. due to airplane mechanical problems in Denver). The person on the phone assured me that this would not be a problem, and that my reservation would be held. Basically, don't worry about it. Sadly, I took this seriously. Upon arriving at the hotel at just around 3am, I was told at the front desk that at midnight they do a "room audit" of some sort, which meant that my reservation had been cancelled and then rebooked. Don't worry about it, your room is still booked, it's just a formality, I was told. Upon check out two days later, I was suprised to find that the price change from the arrival night was $250, rather than the booking price of $89. I asked at the front desk about this and was told, "Oh, that's about right. You checked in after the audit and the room could have been much more expensive. You were very lucky." I will never stay at a La Quinta again.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Decent hotel in a sketchy part of town"
A decent basic motel, but really needs to be renovated and updated. Fraying and stained carpet, stained walls, and a tub that's been kicked and scratched. Located in a downward-heading neighborhood right off of I35 but not obviously accessible from other directions. If you're just looking for a place to spend the night and can get it for under $100, it's ok. But I'd look for a place to the west and north, seems like a much nicer area.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
This was not quite what I expected in the way of a hotel. It seemed to old to be asking this rate and was not in a very nice portion of town. I felt slightly cheated in the price and also felt very vulnerable being there by myself.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Building looks older, but the room was clean and up to date. Staff was friendly and helpful.
"U get what u pay for."
If you have a budget. You want a decent place to crash or whatever, this is the place. It won't blow you away & it won't disgust you. My opinion.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2014
Noah
I enjoyed my stay there and will stay there again if ever back in Austin
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
JoAnn
"Barely tolerable"
Very run down hotel just off a busy freeway interchange. Everything shows wear and a patina of grime that is the consequence of years of too superficial cleaning. Beds were clean and comfortable, at least. But, this one gets crossed off my list for the next visit to Austin.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
David R
"Ugh!!!!"
The front office lady that was there in the evening was great. So nice and helpful. The rooms were the most awful rooms I have ever stayed in. Dirty floors, the bathroom light switch was discusting. They should have paid me to stay there. I am not a women that needs frills obviously because I stayed there! We were supposed to have non smoking however there was ashtrays in the room and it smelled like a chain smoker lived in the room.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
"old but confortable"
This was very convenient for our needs, The building is old style but the room was very confortable and clean. A/C was subpar but adequate. Breatfast was minimual and service stopped to early since we checked in late. I would however stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"No hot water and DATED!"
We had no hot water and the desk clerk had the audacity to ask me if I knew how to turn it on, what an IDIOT she is! Would not recommend for a stray dog to stay at this location!
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Helen Junell/Hawkins
"Fair hotel during SXSW"
Getting a cab was very difficult, and what they called breakfast was kind of a joke.
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2014